• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Kalos Journey (Romance)

sSoul

Previously Swirled
“Don’t lie to me,” Fennekin told Oshawott as she sat down,”Even though John just got me, I wasn’t born yesterday, what is really bothering you?" The Fox Pokemon then saw the water type's increasing anger with Froakie, "So your jealous of the frog huh."(Keep in mind this is all in Pokemon language, no human can understand this language.)

Last edited:

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Oshawott sighed, and said. "It's the frog." Oshawott felt embarrassed and stupid now. He looked over to see Froakie smiling and waving to the Leafeon. Froakie seemed nice. Oshawott realized that he only disliked Froakie, because he didn't want to get replaced by Froakie. The more Oshawott thought about it, the more stupid he thought that specific thought was. He knew James wouldn't just get rid of Oshawott. So why did he worry about it so much? Oshawott stopped being angry at Froakie, and more towards himself.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"It's alright, I know now that your worried that Froakie will replace you," Fennekin told the Sea Otter Pokemon as she began to stand up, "I'll bring you back to your trainer and also go back to mine." She then began to nudge Oshawott back to James and she ran back to John and she got back into her Pokeball. The boy felt his Pokemon leap back into its ball and decided to ask later where it had been. Bulbasaur began to think to himself, This Snivy is kind of pretty. He then sat down and wanted to learn more about Callista's Pokemon.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Oshawott looked over to James. James seemed to be busy talking with a trainer who had Leafeon. Oshawott thought that was familiar but he didn't care. But, what was he supposed to do? What was he supposed to say to Froakie? Oshawott wasn't really good in situations like these. I mean, he didn't have to say anything at all, he could just not avoid him, and to support him, rather than hate him. Froakie looked like the type of Pokemon to make friends with everyone at the same time. Froakie was smiling, endlessly, and he seemed fun to be around. Now that Oshawott considered it, Froakie would be a nice friend. Oshawott thought that the time Froakie pushed Oshawott out of the way was just Froakie being mean, but now that he thought about it, Froakie was actually protecting him from an impending attack.

Froakie smiled at the new trainer, but he started to get a bit tired. He took some of his Frubbles and made them into a pillow, which he layed down on, and slowly dazed off to sleep.

Last edited:
Rho giggled slightly as Froakie’s froabbles puffed up. She found it quite a cute gesture. James- it was a nice name, and he seemed a nice enough guy. Leafeon waved back at Froakie, a soft smile curving her maw. “I’m Rhododendron Bellerose... just call me Rho.” the pinkette smiled. She had quite a cute smile- while her teeth were slightly crooked, she still looked nice.

“Someone’s tired,” she murmured as Froakie dozed of. Leafeon sniffed the frog Pokémon, fascinated by it.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Well, hello Rho. What brings you here?" James asked.

Froakie was slightly tickled by Leafeon, and giggled, and blushed in his sleep. The pillow made out of Frubbles seemed to grow a bit, which might seem a bit odd.

“I wanna be a Grass-type Gym Leader!” Rho exclaimed, a grin playing upon her lips. “What about you?”

Leafeon jumped slightly as Froakie’s Froabbles grew. “Oh dear! Are you alright?” Leafeon murmured, thinking that something bad had happened to the little frog.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Oh, I'm from Unova, and wanted to get a taste of a new region, some I'm traveling around Kalos, and this is just where I started."

Froakie's Frubbles grew until they almost surrounded all of Froakie's head. The Frubbles made Froakie comfortable. He stopped giggling and his blush faded.

Rho smiles sweetly, her green eyes locked with James’, sparkling. “Oh, Unova! I’ve never been there... my mom said it was a nice place. She went there on some business trip, once...” Rho muttered, biting her lip. She wished she’d seen more of her mother in her childhood, but she had a pampered life, and she supposed a little alone time was necessary.

Leafeon, meanwhile, was becoming increasingly concerned by the rate and size that Froakie’s Frubbles were growing; so much so that Leafeon nudged James’ leg softly, to try and alert him to the situation.

“Oh, I think Leafeon’s getting a bit worried!” Rho giggled, as Leafeon continued to attempt to get James’ attention.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James giggled as well. "Oh hello Leafeon, what's wrong?" James didn't understand Leafeon, nothing seemed to be wrong.

Froakie's Frubbles stopped growing, and Froakie continued sleeping.

Leafeon let out a sigh of relief, and padded back to Rho, meowing softly. “She was just a bit scared about what was happening to Froakie. She doesn’t understand other Pokémon!” Rho giggled.

“Froakie is very cute, though,” the pink-haired femme continued, looking down at the sleeping frog with a warm gleam in her eye. “Where are you off to next?”

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"I'm not very sure. And about Froakie, I just got him from the laboratory today. He helped me fight a battle earlier. All though we lost, he is still pretty strong. He didn't go down without a fight."

Froakie slowly woke up again, and his Frubbles deflated. He probably could sense everyone talking about him.

“Wow, the lab? That’s awesome! And little Froakie here’s a fighter, too!” Rho said, smiling at James. “Hey, since both of us have got nowhere to go, how about we find something to do together? Like, eat or whatever? I don’t really mind.”

Rho and Leafeon both spotted Froakie stirring from his slumber, and Leafeon was the first to approach. “Hello, dear,” Leafeon murmured softly, her brown eyes cast upon the smallform of the starter Pokémon. “Nice sleep?”

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Sure." James responded."I don't mind, either."

"Hello." Froakie croaked. "You tickled me while I was sleeping!" Froakie somehow knew that Leafeon sniffed him.

“Oh! There’s a café nearby!” Rho chirped, after pulling out her town map. “We could get a drink and get to know eachother a bit more. Leafeon and Froakie seem to be getting along fine,” she continued. “I can buy the drinks, if you want! I’ve got a lot of money to spare.”

Leafeon seemed a bit distressed. “Oh, I am terribly sorry! I did not mean to disturb your sleep- I hope you can forgive me!”

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Froakie giggled. "It was just a joke, I forgive you." Froakie was very forgiving, and kind.

"Sure, that sounds nice." James responded. "I haven't eaten in a while."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Fennekin had jumped out or her Pokeball and saw all of the interactions between Froakie and Leafeon at that point, she then ran and whispered in Leafeon's ear," So it seems that you've gotten very close to Froakie, and who knows you may grow closer, wink wink nudge nudge."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Froakie literally heard and saw what Fennekin did. "Hey Fennekin, I think you need to improve your ability to tell things to someone that you don't want someone to hear, while they're right here." Froakie croaked. "I hear you, and see you."

Leafeon smiled at Froakie, but then narrowed her eyes at the Fennekin who had suddenly appeared. "I apologise, but I will not let such distractions... distract me from my goal!"

"Oh, great! Let's set off then... do you have any other po- oh, my Arceus!" Rho exclaimed, jumping at the sudden appearance of a Fennekin. "Whose... is that Fennekin yours, James?"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Nope, not mine. That Fennekin's trainer is over there." He pointed over to John. "I wonder what our Pokemon are doing, and what Fennekin is doing here."

"I still here you." Froakie stated. "And what goal?" Froakie knew that he was Leafeon's goal, but he still wanted to listen, in case he was wrong.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Fennekin then softened her whisper and told Leafeon very clearly, "Of course not, because Froakie is your goal." Fennekin tried to make put what Rho was freaking out about but she got nothing, she then whispered to Froakie, "Be gentle." After she was done she sat down and had a certain facial expression.(So this ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) but Fennekin like.)

"They look like they're having some sort of... argument." Rho said. "Leafeon doesn't seem very happy, at least... but she's the only one I can read."

"My goal is... is the same as Rho's, of course!" Leafeon sputtered. "How preposterous that this Fennekin would think I would betray my lifelong friend by getting distracted by... men!"

Rho tilted her head, and furrowed her brows at the sight. "Leafeon is getting a little flustered..."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Froakie was very confused. "Uhhhh......" Froakie was at a loss of words. "Why did you do this Fennekin?" Froakie remained confused.

"I can only read Froakie, but not very well." James responded. "He seems very confused... This is a little bit entertaining."

"It's like a real life pantomime, isn't it!" Rho laughed at how the three were acting, the Fennekin strutting away.

"I'm sorry on that Fennekin's behalf. I acted very rudely. Please excuse me," Leafeon murmured solemnly, her nose twitching a bit.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"No, no, you did nothing wrong." Froakie croaked. "It's just that Fennekin made this confusing."

Meanwhile, Oshawott was getting bored all by himself, so he walked over to where everyone else was and sat down, but didn't say anything,

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Out of the corner of Bulbasaur's eye he saw everything and mostly Fennekin's expression, so he told Jade, "Need to take care of something quickly." But he didn't need to as Fennekin began to come back, and he asked, "What did you do?" She then whispered what happened and Bulbasaur looked disgusted. He decided not to talk about that and as she went back to her Pokeball, the Seed Pokemon nudged his trainer's leg, indicating that they should go soon.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
And then silence. Froakie had noticed Oshawott in the corner of his eye, but was still trying to figure out what happened just a minute ago, and Oshawott didn't want to be the one to start the conversation. So the two water-types stayed silent.

James hadn't been paying as much attention to the Pokemon near him, so he didn't see Oshawott.

Rho spotted Febnekin going back into its Pokéball, and then directed her attention to the Oshawott who sat down among Leafeon and Froakie. "Okay, is this one yours?" She asked, a light smile on her face.

"Oh. Okay, that is good." Leafeon nodded. "Oh, hello other! What are you?"

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
"James such a go getter, going for 2 gals?" Kyle said. Treecko ran up Kyle's sleeve and on to his shoulder. Kyle turned to Callista trying to start a conversation. "Hey since everyone is going to 'hang out' at the cafe across the street wanna come with me?" Kyle said as he smiled at her. Treecko then showed Jade a thumbs up.

"Aw! Is he from Unova, like you?" Rho asked.

Leafeon gave the Oshawott a confused look; even though she was fairly skilled in battle, Leafeon was not a socialite- thus, she didn't grasp all the nuances of language. "Ah! Well, so am I! Why do you sound so proud?" she asked, not really understanding what sarcasm was.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Oh my lord Kyle. When will you learn to think before you speak." James replied. James started to dislike Kyle just because of what he keeps saying. "And yes, Rho."

"Oh, hi Oshawott." Froakie said, now not being confused by what Fennekin did.

"SARCASM." Oshawott mummered.

Last edited:
"Oh, um..." Rho was shocked by the sudden appearance of this individual, and almost lost her decorium, but managed to stay afloat for the moment. "Uh... Kyle, is it? I'm Rhododendron."

Meanwhile, Leafeon tilted her head. "Oh, what's a sarcasm?" She then heard Froakie speak and swivelled her head round rather quickly. "Ah! So your name, it is Oshawott??"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Oshawott sighed. "Yes."

"Sarcasm is when you say something in a jokey mood, but your words mean the opposite of what you actually say." Froakie explained. "And you don't have to be so smug, Oshawott." Oshawott felt embarrassed.

JPSomeone

"Yes it's Kyle, crud why do people keep telling me their name before I can use a pick up line?" Kyle asked.
Treecko looked down at the two water types and the grass type. "Stop fighting, when it comes to a double battle I'll bet you'll never be prepared if you keep this up." Treecko said this in a serious tone in Pokemon language.

"A... A pickup line...?" Rho sputtered, warily eyeing the ebony-haired trainer by the name of Kyle. "Um, I'll pass..."

Leafeon nodded her head. "Aah, I see. I am sorry, Oshawott, if I offended you in some way." The Leafeon then jumped at the sound of Treecko's voice. "AHH! You.. frightened me!"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Oh hey." Froakie said. "We're not really fighting, and even if we were, I don't think it would be best to resort to a battle." Froakie didn't understand what the Treecko said. Even if they had a double battle, who would be on the teams? Froakie couldn't imagine. Froakie also didn't want to faint again. Not twice in a day.

Oshawott said nothing.

JPSomeone

"At least hear me out." Kyle said. He was still waiting for Callista to answer or reject his offer.
Treecko looked down at the leafeon. "Ah... Yes I suppose I did." Treecko said as he sat down on Kyle's shoulder. As he heard the froakie response he looked at him as if he was about to get sassy.

(My gosh these rapid fire post please give me time to relax XD)

Noticing that Oshawott had stayed quiet, Leafeon softly smiled at the Unova Pokémon, empathy shining in her soft brown gaze. "Are you alright...? You look a bit sad," she murmured, shuffling a little closer to the otter Pokémon. She heard Froakie dealing with Treecko, so decided not to get involved.

(sorry for double post! Kyle is right these posts are so quick i keep getting ninja'd)

"Oh... head you out? Go ahead, then!" Rhododendron chirped, a smile once again gracing her features. Her bright green gaze fixated against Kyle's ashy irises as she waited for a reply.