• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed My Hero Academia: The next generation discussion

Should 1-A’s teacher be a canon character from the series? Or a completely new character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
I saw this on the MHA Fandom, but I don't know if it's correct or not.
MHA US Schedule.png

Aight so I've mentioned now Shiruku's parent's and I have developed and drawn then so here they are (yes I've also made them short bio's I just had to do it smh) and made a lil edit cuz I couldn't unsee it

Name: Igumo Kumori

Personality: Igumo is rather headstrong, not yielding to anyone unless she sees a reason to. She has a rather intimidating aura to her too (mostly thanks to her quirk). Though, she has a more softer and kinder side to her, but rarely shows it (only to family or close friends). She's very success driven, always trying to strive for something that would give the most positive net gain and very much keeping in mind long term effects. She can be harsh with a lot of expectations, but she views it as looking out for others and wanting them to succeed

Appearance: Igumo stands rather tall, 6ft (183 cm) with an average physique. After that describing her doesn't resemble much of how one would a normal human. She has a head of a tarantula with a mix of brown fur in various shades. She has eight beady, black eyes with white irises and long dark brown hair that's often worn in a bun. She has 3 pairs of arms with tufts of fluff wrapped around her wrists (this can also be found by her ankles, but she shaves those tufts).

Tarantula_Momma.png

Quirk: Tarantula - Mutant Igumo has six arms like her daughter + a head of a Tarantula. She is also naturally a bit more hairy than the average human (having small puffs of hair on her wrists and ankles). Similarly to her daughter Igumo can also climb walls and has a slight enhanced strength (x 1.2)

Affiliation: works in one of the top hero agencies in the management branch (worrying about media appearances, bran-deals/sponsors, merchandise etc)(edited)

Name: Sasori (just scorpion in Japanese) Kumori Personality: Most would describe Sasori as someone who would take anything and anyone into account. This however results him into being a bit of an over thinker. He like's to get along with people, but is more an ambivert that an extrovert.

Appearance: Sasori is about 5 "6ft tall, a bit under the average with a bit of a slimmer and lankier body. He has a pale complexion, a head of short, dark red hair a small bit of stubble sprinkled on top of his upper lip. He has black colored eyes (irises that is) and sometimes wears glasses if he needs to read something small. Thanks to his quirk though Sasori has a pair of rather thin pincers instead of hands and a segmented tail (resembling that of a scorpions) that reaches all the way to a bit above his head with the stinger drooping down a bit.

unknown.png

Quirk: Scorpion - Mutant Sasori physical appearance is relatively human except for having pincers for hands and a giant scorpion tail attached to him. The tail produces a paralyzing agent inside, but isn't too pungent only giving the paralyzing effect for a few minutes even on a good sting.

Affiliation: works in one of the top hero agencies in the management branch (worrying about media appearances, bran-deals/sponsors, merchandise etc)

This is their dynamic and no one can stop me-
unknown.png

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Since 1-B (or the Big Three) haven't been introduced yet, I've decided to add a little twist to Ryo and Yugo - Ryo's role is swapped with Takeshi's, so Ryo is now Yugo's older half-brother, while Yugo is Ryo's younger half-brother, which either of them will be able to figure out once they see each other's quirks. However, because this means Ryo will no longer be in 1-B, I've made a replacement for him.

(Also yes, Takeshi is now no more. RIP Shadow Boy - 'Already forgotten by your creator')

Name: Onkyto Sutono

Alias: Oto

Birthday: November 17th

Height: 5'6 ft

Personality: Oto is a pretty easy-going, yet pretty energetic guy - he doesn't take his duties as seriously as he probably should. While he does (mostly) try his best, visibly, it just looks like he wants to do the bare minimum of everything. Though his eagerness can be broken through by danger or stress, often enough, he remains pretty relaxed and optimistic and especially loves to joke about things or making sarcastic remarks in stressful situations.

Appearance: Oto has heterochromia, causing one of his eyes to be grass-green and the other to be lemon-yellow. He's got long, autumn-orange hair, the lower half of which he keeps tied in a ponytail hanging down his head, which if undone, will show his hair goes down to below his shoulders. On the front of his hair, he has two small strands in the center, the longer one leaning to the left while the short one is leaning to the right. Oto has average caucasian skin colour and other than the freckles on his face, he has no other details on his body.

Clothing: Oto typically likes wearing warm and thick clothing such as hoodies, jackets, coats or sweaters. However, on warmer days, he will also just settle on tank tops, t-shirts with just a jacket worn over. Typically, he wears either jeans or slacks, along with boots and fingerless gloves. Generally, he doesn't have a sense of fashion and just likes wearing things in his favourite colours - Red, Purple, Light-Blue and Green. However, the gloves he wears are always the same snow-white gloves.

Quirk (Type): Jukebox (Mutant)

Quirk Description: This quirk gives the user's ears the appearance of small megaphones with a speaker cone being inside the user's ears as opposed to the open space leading into their ear canals. These ears allow the user to emit any sound (or song) they have in their mind - either from memory or from their imagination. In addition, this quirk grants the user superhuman hearing, allowing them to hear things from further away than normal but not allowing them to pick up on frequencies that other people can't hear. This quirk also allows the user to amplify the volume at which the sounds come out, to the point that they can create near-invisible sound blasts from their ears. (The sound blasts are invisible, but can be recognized because they cause the air they fly through to ripple and tear from the vibrations. Sound blasts are pretty hard to hit from long range, however, as the user will have to face their ears towards the target, thus forcing them to look away and be unable to pay attention to the target's movements.

Stats:
Quirk Power: 4/5
Physical Power: 3/5
Intelligence: 3/5
Cooperation: 3/5
Speed: 3/5

Hero Name: Musical Hero - Sirenhead

Hero Costume: Oto's outfit consists of a reinforced white tracksuit with colourful music notes painted on with colour-changing reflector stripes along the center of his shoulders and arms, going up to his collar and down to the sleeves. On his shoulders, Oto wears black, metallic shoulder pads with thick hooks on top that can be locked together, with each shoulderpad's closed hooks holding a large silver-painted wooden horn (like the vikings and stuff used, but on a larger scale), with large open endings and the other end being attached to Oto's ears, which are tightly secured through his helmet. Oto's helmet resembles a daft punk-esque helmet - platinum-white in colour with a black display and a built-in voice amplifier with autotune features, with the display displaying coloured bars whenever he talks and the voice amplifier allowing him to use speakers that makes his voice louder or quieter. On the left and right side of the helmet are small, circular pads with antennae attached, one of which can be used to call and chat with others like a phone. Both pads are dettachable (which means that every time Oto puts on his hero suit, he has to remove the pads, put on the helmet, then re-equip the pads) and have sockets that the other end of the horns can be plugged into, which are then securely attached until destroyed or manually removed. Oto's legwear bears the same material, design and appearance of his tracksuit (in addition with black, metallic kneepads) and his shoewear is just a pair of black boots. He also wears black fingerless gloves with the costume just because he thinks it makes him look cooler. When wearing it, Oto also typically leaves on the Autotune function for the same reason he wears fingerless gloves. (Also secretly to annoy those who think the autotune sounds annoying)

Backstory: Oto had been one of the popular kids throughout his life - with the quirk to create- and play music at any given time, he easily made friends with just about anyone in the schools he's been to. However, fun as it was being popular and being praised, Oto secretly felt like he was being appreciated for the wrong thing - at first, he didn't like that it was only his quirk that had given him his popularity, although he did not resent it. He eventually accepted and embraced his quirk and now uses it with pride and joy. So, in order to keep on using his quirk whenever he wanted to, Oto decided to take up on being a hero, and went to apply to U.A. High.

Likes: Creating music with his quirk, pranking others, making friends, italian foods.

Dislikes: Silence, Insects, being stressed out, the dark.

Other: Oto heired his father's mutant quirk 'Microphone', which grants him the ability to replicate the tone of any voice after hearing it. However, unlike his father, who'se replicated voice come out smooth and without problems, Oto's replicated voices come out a bit grainy, making it more obviously fake if one pays direct attention to it.

Last edited:

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Since 1-B (or the Big Three) haven't been introduced yet, I've decided to add a little twist to Ryo and Yugo - Ryo's role is swapped with Takeshi's, so Ryo is now Yugo's older half-brother, while Yugo is Ryo's younger half-brother, which either of them will be able to figure out once they see each other's quirks. However, because this means Ryo will no longer be in 1-B, I've made a replacement for him.

(Also yes, Takeshi is now no more. RIP Shadow Boy - 'Already forgotten by your creator')

Name: Onkyto Sutono

Alias: Oto

Birthday: November 17th

Height: 5'6 ft

Personality: Oto is a pretty easy-going, yet pretty energetic guy - he doesn't take his duties as seriously as he probably should. While he does (mostly) try his best, visibly, it just looks like he wants to do the bare minimum of everything. Though his eagerness can be broken through by danger or stress, often enough, he remains pretty relaxed and optimistic and especially loves to joke about things or making sarcastic remarks in stressful situations.

Appearance: Oto has heterochromia, causing one of his eyes to be grass-green and the other to be lemon-yellow. He's got long, autumn-orange hair, the lower half of which he keeps tied in a ponytail hanging down his head, which if undone, will show his hair goes down to below his shoulders. On the front of his hair, he has two small strands in the center, the longer one leaning to the left while the short one is leaning to the right. Oto has average caucasian skin colour and other than the freckles on his face, he has no other details on his body.

Clothing: Oto typically likes wearing warm and thick clothing such as hoodies, jackets, coats or sweaters. However, on warmer days, he will also just settle on tank tops, t-shirts with just a jacket worn over. Typically, he wears either jeans or slacks, along with boots and fingerless gloves. Generally, he doesn't have a sense of fashion and just likes wearing things in his favourite colours - Red, Purple, Light-Blue and Green. However, the gloves he wears are always the same snow-white gloves.

Quirk (Type): Jukebox (Mutant)

Quirk Description: This quirk gives the user's ears the appearance of small megaphones with a speaker cone being inside the user's ears as opposed to the open space leading into their ear canals. These ears allow the user to emit any sound (or song) they have in their mind - either from memory or from their imagination. In addition, this quirk grants the user superhuman hearing, allowing them to hear things from further away than normal but not allowing them to pick up on frequencies that other people can't hear. This quirk also allows the user to amplify the volume at which the sounds come out, to the point that they can create near-invisible sound blasts from their ears. (The sound blasts are visible, but can be recognized because they cause the air they fly through to ripple and tear from the vibrations. Sound blasts are pretty hard to hit from long range, however, as the user will have to face their ears towards the target, thus forcing them to look away and be unable to pay attention to the target's movements.

Stats:
Quirk Power: 4/5
Physical Power: 3/5
Intelligence: 3/5
Cooperation: 3/5
Speed: 3/5

Hero Name: Musical Hero - Sirenhead

Hero Costume: Oto's outfit consists of a reinforced white tracksuit with colourful music notes painted on with colour-changing reflector stripes along the center of his shoulders and arms, going up to his collar and down to the sleeves. On his shoulders, Oto wears black, metallic shoulder pads with thick hooks on top that can be locked together, with each shoulderpad's closed hooks holding a large silver-painted wooden horn (like the vikings and stuff used, but on a larger scale), with large open endings and the other end being attached to Oto's ears, which are tightly secured through his helmet. Oto's helmet resembles a daft punk-esque helmet - platinum-white in colour with a black display and a built-in voice amplifier with autotune features, with the display displaying coloured bars whenever he talks and the voice amplifier allowing him to use speakers that makes his voice louder or quieter. On the left and right side of the helmet are small, circular pads with antennae attached, one of which can be used to call and chat with others like a phone. Both pads are dettachable (which means that every time Oto puts on his hero suit, he has to remove the pads, put on the helmet, then re-equip the pads) and have sockets that the other end of the horns can be plugged into, which are then securely attached until destroyed or manually removed. Oto's legwear bears the same material, design and appearance of his tracksuit (in addition with black, metallic kneepads) and his shoewear is just a pair of black boots. He also wears black fingerless gloves with the costume just because he thinks it makes him look cooler. When wearing it, Oto also typically leaves on the Autotune function for the same reason he wears fingerless gloves. (Also secretly to annoy those who think the autotune sounds annoying)

Backstory: Oto had been one of the popular kids throughout his life - with the quirk to create- and play music at any given time, he easily made friends with just about anyone in the schools he's been to. However, fun as it was being popular and being praised, Oto secretly felt like he was being appreciated for the wrong thing - at first, he didn't like that it was only his quirk that had given him his popularity, although he did not resent it. He eventually accepted and embraced his quirk and now uses it with pride and joy. So, in order to keep on using his quirk whenever he wanted to, Oto decided to take up on being a hero, and went to apply to U.A. High.

Likes: Creating music with his quirk, pranking others, making friends, italian foods.

Dislikes: Silence, Insects, being stressed out, the dark.

Other: Oto heired his father's mutant quirk 'Microphone', which grants him the ability to replicate the tone of any voice after hearing it. However, unlike his father, who'se replicated voice come out smooth and without problems, Oto's replicated voices come out a bit grainy, making it more obviously fake if one pays direct attention to it.
Big fan of the Daft Punk inspired helmet, accepted!

Also R.I.P Takeshi, gone but probably not forgotten.

DevVoid

I- what? Huh?
This makes no sense... when were their relationships first mentioned?

It's just an idea I've had on the discord.
See, since Ryo's Quirk and Yugo's quirk are kind of similar, I thought that an interesting idea would be that they stem from the same father, but have different mothers. They're not already aware of it but as time goes on and the two get to know each other, they'll figure things out slowly.

Zasha: YEAHH!!!
Kuroo: *startled, falls out of chair*

How I imagine this interaction continuing;

Zasha: Hey... Why are you laying on the floor?
Kuroo: Wh-wha? I'm n-not laying here, I fell
Zasha: I can't understand you. Speak up!
Kuroo: Eep!
Zasha: Hmmmmmmm???
Kuroo: I'm not sitting here, I f-fell!
Zasha: Are you okay?! The heck did you do that for?!
Kuroo: I didn't do it on purpose!
Zasha: *Zasha pulls out gossip notebook*
Kuroo: ...
Zasha: ...
Yusuke: Look! Look! Wild Wild Pussycats!
Zasha: *Angrily looking at Yusuke before running off to see if he's telling the truth*
Yusuke: phew! The last thing you need is her writing about you in that stupid journal
Kuroo: Yikes... Thanks.

aight so the class rep voting thing is actually drawing near-
so we'd need to figure out who'd be most likely voted to be the class representative in 1-A

also suggestion that we don't maybe make a post for the characters voting and instead whoever takes control over Tokoyami makes a post of him going "aight time to choose ur class rep plebs" write how that the students vote and announce who won it, so we just need to figure out would most likely become the class rep then. Just a lil suggestion so that we don't need to drag on with this for too long before moving to other activities (depending ofc when we decide to do this)

also suggestion that we don't maybe make a post for the characters voting

Yeah, I think that'd work perfectly fine. Otherwise it would just be some unnecessary interactions that everyone would need to do.

In terms of class rep., I'm not entirely sure. I'd be happy for Masanori (however his lack of ability to speak verbally without using prerecorded messages does make that a bit impractical) to become vice rep or rep if that does provide an interest for anyone, but there's a lot of possibilities in terms of our class 1A.

Last edited:

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
aight so the class rep voting thing is actually drawing near-
so we'd need to figure out who'd be most likely voted to be the class representative in 1-A
)
It's worth noting, that vote didn't actually happen on day 1 in the actual thing.
I think it was day 3, I'll just grab my books... yeah. It came after the battle test.
also suggestion that we don't maybe make a post for the characters voting and instead whoever takes control over Tokoyami makes a post of him going "aight time to choose ur class rep plebs" write how that the students vote and announce who won it, so we just need to figure out would most likely become the class rep then. Just a lil suggestion so that we don't need to drag on with this for too long before moving to other activities (depending ofc when we decide to do this)
If I understand this right, we discuss here how everyone votes and then someone posts with the voting results? Yeah, I think that'll work.

Jayblade

Looks like we're just waiting on a few more posts now before we can properly move on. I've decided that I'll be able take up the role as Tokoyami (as well as Monoma) so once everyone's in class, and any interactions have finished up, I'll be able to have him arrive there and we can then move onto the quirk apprehension test.

And, while I don't usually like to bring up deadlines, does by the end of this week sound any reasonable? Just to have everyone arrive and finish up any of the interactions and what not.

~Rinko~

And, while I don't usually like to bring up deadlines, does by the end of this week sound any reasonable? Just to have everyone arrive and finish up any of the interactions and what not.
Ah... this week might not be the best for me... I've been struggling enough as is and I'm not feeling great right now... I'll try to get around to it, though. No guarantees.

Jayblade

Since I now finally have the time to start working on my next post, I wanna make sure if all of you guys are fine with how we're planning on handling the quirk apprehension test.

On discord we came to the conclusion that it'd probably best for everyone to just get a post up (could probably end up being rather large) going into detail about anything prominent for your character, maybe just writing a bit about tasks of less significance. And then I can just gather up some scores for all the ocs, like we did with the entrance exam.

Any objections? Or suggestions maybe?

Last edited:
Since I now finally have the time to start working on my next post, I wanna make sure if all of you guys are fine with how we're planning on handling the quirk apprehension test.

On discord we came to the conclusion that it'd probably best for everyone to just get a post up (could probably end up being rather large) going into detail about anything prominent for your character, maybe just writing a bit about tasks of less significance. And then I can just gather up some scores for all the ocs, like we did with the entrance exam.

Any objections? Or suggestions maybe?

We could always have a list of all the quirk apprehension challenges and have each RPer have their character do them in one post. If you wanna get this part over quickly.

I like to imagine Tokoyami does what Aizawa did. By that I mean threaten to kick the person with lowest score out of UA.

Jayblade

We could always have a list of all the quirk apprehension challenges and have each RPer have their character do them in one post. If you wanna get this part over quickly.

I like to imagine Tokoyami does what Aizawa did. By that I mean threaten to kick the person with lowest score out of UA.
Hmmm, that's true. It wouldn't be ideal to spend too long on this soooooo...

• 50-Meter Dash
  • Grip Strength
  • Standing Long Jump
  • Repeated Side Steps
  • Ball Throw
  • Sit Ups
  • Seated Toe-touch
  • Distance Run
It'd be cool if Tokoyami pulled that same trick on the class. He seems like the type, so I'd be good with that.

Jayblade

Apologies for the double post, but I just wanna be sure; since I've now actually began working on my post, I'm thinking of ending it off with everyone just arriving outside ready for the test just so we can move along quicker. But this would require me to auto everyone's ocs, if only very briefly ofc, just in order to move them all along. But I still thought it'd be best to check if everyone'd be okay with that before I post anything.

Again; to make things easier, just give the post a like if you're fine with this.

Last edited:

DevVoid

For people (like me) who have a lot of characters, or just want to make things convenient, I've made a sheet to use that lists all the remaining activities asides Ball Throw and an End Result section below them to summarize what the final score for each activity was.

50-Meter Dash:

End Result:

Grip Strength:

End Result:

Standing Long Jump:

End Result:

Repeated Side Steps:

End Result:

Distance Run:

End Result:

Seated Toe-Touch:

End Result:

Sit ups:

End Result:

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
For people (like me) who have a lot of characters, or just want to make things convenient, I've made a sheet to use that lists all the remaining activities asides Ball Throw and an End Result section below them to summarize what the final score for each activity was.

50-Meter Dash:

End Result:

Grip Strength:

End Result:

Standing Long Jump:

End Result:

Repeated Side Steps:

End Result:

Distance Run:

End Result:

Seated Toe-Touch:

End Result:

Sit ups:

End Result:
Thanks!~

Jayblade

Hey @DevVoid @~Rinko~, just kinda need to know what you're guys' results are (asides from ball throw) for both your; 1-B characters and Ruriko respectively ofc. And, while I don't think a post would be exactly necessary (if you are working on one, or planning to, don't let me stop you lol), I still do need to know what your ocs scores would be, as Shadow Pup is currently working on a leaderboard and would need everyone's results to continue, and then finish it off.

Along with that, if everyone ,who hasn't done so, were to edit in an actual distance for the long jump, that would also help a lot; as numerical values are going to needed in order to fill out the leaderboard, and to figure out where characters stand in terms of a ranking.

~Rinko~

Hey @DevVoid @~Rinko~, just kinda need to know what you're guys' results are (asides from ball throw) for both your; 1-B characters and Ruriko respectively ofc. And, while I don't think a post would be exactly necessary (if you are working on one, or planning to, don't let me stop you lol), I still do need to know what your ocs scores would be, as Shadow Pup is currently working on a leaderboard and would need everyone's results to continue, and then finish it off.
Ah yeah, I got a perfect idea for a post but haven't gotten around to writing it... I guess it'll be easier to post Ruriko's scores here though, considering how bad my procrastination is~
50-Meter Dash: 7 seconds precisely.

Grip Strength:
32.3kg.

Standing Long Jump: .76 metres.

Repeated Side Steps: 46.

Seated Toe-Touch: 33.

Sit ups: 28.

Distance Run: Almost 15 laps.
Random fact I was gonna put in the post: Here she pushed herself far past where she used to quit back in middle school – even more so than with the other events – which was usually on the eleventh lap.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Along with that, if everyone ,who hasn't done so, were to edit in an actual distance for the long jump, that would also help a lot; as numerical values are going to needed in order to fill out the leaderboard, and to figure out where characters stand in terms of a ranking.
The characters that I dont have long jump values for on my document are Makoto, Masanori, Kaito, Yu and Zasha

Jayblade

Just to be sure...@~Rinko~, did you still plan on getting started on that post that you had in mind?

I'm only checking because I felt a little unclear on it after your last post here; containing Ruriko's scores, and I wanted to be sure as I didn't wanna end up moving on if you were still planning to start, or currently working on a post.

Edit: No idea as to why the @ isn't working lol

Last edited:

~Rinko~

Just to be sure...@~Rinko~, did you still plan on getting started on that post that you had in mind?

I'm only checking because I felt a little unclear on it after your last post here; containing Ruriko's scores, and I wanted to be sure as I didn't wanna end up moving on if you were still planning to start, or currently working on a post.

Edit: No idea as to why the @ isn't working lol
Nah, I'm not writing it.
Also you didn't put a space right after my username so it's including the comma in the username it's trying to tag~

~Rinko~

Sorry for the double post, but, regarding the dorms, I think this was the post made about the arrangements?
Alright~
So, girls dorms are as follows:
Ruriko & Zasha.
Kiba & Himawari.
Shiruku.

And for the guys, so far we've got:
Yu & Zidane.
Yusuke.

So, the girls' dorms are sorted, but seven guys still have to be sorted, unless I've missed something.
A reason I'm bringing this up is that Donia, the only class-A girl not included here, doesn't seem like the type to share, yet @IDKWhatUserNameToDo 's post had Shiruku in a shared room. So are the A and B dorms merged? Or is Donia for some reason sharing? @DarkHydraT you can probably help clear this up, too.
Another thing, how do we decide on the floor/room numbers? And is the room count contiguous (is that even the right word?) between floors? Like for example floor 1 has rooms 1-5, then floor 2 has rooms 6-10, etc., is it like that? Oh, and how many floors/rooms?