• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright, time to get things back on track.

@Godjacob @Retro Master

As we’ve come to agree on, what retro did was in bad sportsmanship, but we all make mistakes, and since this once isn’t as bad as it could have been, and doesn’t put Kiro in any OBVIOUS advantage over the unscathed Azumi, it’s legal. Just never to do something like that with using the discussion page as a tactic. Alright, shake hands and make nice nice, because the last thing we need is bad blood amongst friends here.

Now that that’s addressed...ready to get the fight back on the road? :\=|:

Fine, I can agree with this easily enough. Though I am gonna be incredibly salty if Azumi loses this match now, completely undeserved "victory" for Kiro XD.

And @Retro Master I did make it clear Azumi prepared hand signs for some jutsu in the mist before she sent the clone charging at you. Figured that was a subtle enough hint to let you know she was planning something without going "And Azumi launches a clone charged at Kiro" which would kill her strategy before she had a chance to do anything with it. And you could have dropped your kunai and tried to jump out of the way of the sphere before it formed or tried to cast a jutsu rather than leave them stuck in your hands to try and stab her with it. Which made his situation worse, and that wasn't on me. And as Shen pointed out there are ways to get out of the sphere if you are creative enough. It's not a death sentence.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I hope the few advantages I gain from these matches will give me a chance to actually win against you guys in the future. Kyuu knows what I mean ;)

Oh, yea. Unless you left some clue, or the person has some alternative method of figuring out, then they shouldn't be allowed to evade it.

Yea, I see the problem here, because when you explain your plans the opponent usually makes their post with evading it in mind. Which is why we have people using 'OC used some hand signs' as an ambiguous was to cast some jutsu.

The point is mainly that if you actually tell your opponent what you're doing they're simply going to find some way of avoiding it. Unless you're just really sneaky with your words it's pretty hard to evade that. It's again something we should take on a case to case basis.
I fully agree with the points you stated here. I’ll be the first to admit I’m guilty of this as well, but it isn’t just me. When you know what your opponent is gonna do, why would you fall into their trap? That’s what your opponent’s mentality is, so instead of clearly stating what their character is doing, they just say something that could mean a multitude of things. I mean there’s nothing wrong with that, but it’s just hard to cope with it sometimes when you realize that you had been deceived. My problem was that I just took it too far in the discussion page which I’m still deeply sorry for. :(

Anyways, now that we have moved on, I’m interested in if that water tendril technique is a counter to Kiro’s lightning armor. If you guys feel as if Kiro should lose as punishment for my actions, then I’m fine with it. But I don’t want him to get destroyed like some wimp and look weak. If the characters aren’t gonna respect him for anything else, I atleast want them to respect his power when he loses.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
I fully agree with the points you stated here. I’ll be the first to admit I’m guilty of this as well, but it isn’t just me. When you know what your opponent is gonna do, why would you fall into their trap? That’s what your opponent’s mentality is, so instead of clearly stating what their character is doing, they just say something that could mean a multitude of things. I mean there’s nothing wrong with that, but it’s just hard to cope with it sometimes when you realize that you had been deceived. My problem was that I just took it too far in the discussion page which I’m still deeply sorry for. :(

Anyways, now that we have moved on, I’m interested in if that water tendril technique is a counter to Kiro’s lightning armor. If you guys feel as if Kiro should lose as punishment for my actions, then I’m fine with it. But I don’t want him to get destroyed like some wimp and look weak. If the characters aren’t gonna respect him for anything else, I atleast want them to respect his power when he loses.

We respect him and you, we just didn’t respect that one action. Just because you made a bad call doesn’t mean he’s tarnished for good lol. Just go for it like a normal fight

The problem was, when I did state what my character was clearly gonna do and what not (Kiro vs. Tomiko) she didn't get one meaningful hit in because Kiro just had the perfect counter to anything she tried to do. In these battles if you lay out your plan to them that only gives the opponent free reigns to have the ideal answer to it; cause having one's character win these matches as efficiently as possible is more important than what would make for a more entertaining battle or work better for the overall story. Which is gonna lead to future problems I believe, as if we all go this far for exam battles then fights with real stakes to them are gonna be a mess. Something I've spoken with kyuu about.

As for the liquid shadow tendrils, what they do well...we'll address that when the time is right. And I did not keep them hidden at least so I hoped I avoided being too shady on that end. If you just play Kiro how you usually do you should be fine in terms of how "strong" he looks. He has lightning armor and still has the curse mark to completely fuck Azumi over with and such. I'm gonna try to win and what not but the Zaku vs. Kiro battle seems all but inevitable really. Just do your best, even if I was not a fan of circumstances leading to this we now have to move past it and progress forward.

The problem was, when I did state what my character was clearly gonna do and what not (Kiro vs. Tomiko) she didn't get one meaningful hit in because Kiro just had the perfect counter to anything she tried to do. In these battles if you lay out your plan to them that only gives the opponent free reigns to have the ideal answer to it; cause having one's character win these matches as efficiently as possible is more important than what would make for a more entertaining battle or work better for the overall story. Which is gonna lead to future problems I believe, as if we all go this far for exam battles then fights with real stakes to them are gonna be a mess. Something I've spoken with kyuu about.

As for the liquid shadow tendrils, what they do well...we'll address that when the time is right. And I did not keep them hidden at least so I hoped I avoided being too shady on that end. If you just play Kiro how you usually do you should be fine in terms of how "strong" he looks. He has lightning armor and still has the curse mark to completely fuck Azumi over with and such. I'm gonna try to win and what not but the Zaku vs. Kiro battle seems all but inevitable really. Just do your best, even if I was not a fan of circumstances leading to this we now have to move past it and progress forward.

Not true. I’d say it’s a fair game, if not then a slight edge on Azumi’s part. She has the advantage with a mist up, not a scratch on her, and keeping a Kiro on the defensive. Kiro nearly died already, has blood gushing from his mouth, and hasn’t launched any notable attacks or ones that have worked. It ain’t looking good for him. Azumi is earning some good judge points

We'll see, if and when Kiro does find her with that lightning armor up Azumi is gonna have trouble landing a solid hit on him due to the speed. Not to mention he still has the curse mark so he has yet to reveal all his tricks or go all out.

Doing the best that I can here. I just want this battle to be pleasing to both Retro and myself. Which doing that and trying to focus on winning the battle to the best of my ability creates that conflict and contrast I mentioned in my post. Still I appreciate the words Shen.

We'll see, if and when Kiro does find her with that lightning armor up Azumi is gonna have trouble landing a solid hit on him due to the speed. Not to mention he still has the curse mark so he has yet to reveal all his tricks or go all out.

Doing the best that I can here. I just want this battle to be pleasing to both Retro and myself. Which doing that and trying to focus on winning the battle to the best of my ability creates that conflict and contrast I mentioned in my post. Still I appreciate the words Shen.
It's not like you need to wait for him to reveal all his tricks. It' best to take your enemy out before they reach full power, and there are quite a few ways Azumi can do that. When battling milk your own advantages to the best of your ability.

It's not like you need to wait for him to reveal all his tricks. It' best to take your enemy out before they reach full power, and there are quite a few ways Azumi can do that. When battling milk your own advantages to the best of your ability.

Yeah, taking them out before they can activate all their abilities is the best way to go about it, as Godjacob I bet is aware by the looks of Azumi’s last technique. She’s not playing around, and at this rate it may not be time for Kiro to activate said curse mark, as it requires energy remaining in you to activate it

I agree, but if I try to do that then I run the risk of making Kiro look "weak" which Retro complained about in his post. Leading to that issue.
Hmmm, I wouldn't agree. Even if you did prolong the battle for the sake of making Kiro appear more powerful, that sort of display wouldn't be worth much, he'd look even weaker to the rest of us because 'he only looked strong cause his opponent wasn't really trying'

If you can defeat him then defeat him. I'm sure retro won't just keel over after a few moves, getting to the semi-finals makes him look strong enough.

Last edited:

Hmmm, I wouldn't agree. Even if you did prolong the battle for the sake of making Kiro appear more powerful, that sort of display wouldn't be worth much, he'd look even weaker to the rest of us because 'he only looked strong cause his opponent wasn't really trying'

If you can defeat him ten defeat him. I'm sure retro won't just keel over after a few moves, getting to the semi-finals makes him look strong enough.

100% agree. Sagiso and Taiyo lost, but it didn’t seem like either didn’t shine up to what they were. If you take him out quickly or slowly is up to you, but whichever Azumi would actually do is the main thing