• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Rock Lee and Sasuke greatly outsped Gaara’s sand and he only got away cuz he fully shielded himself against Sasuke and Lee ran out of power.

Except lee was the one to walk away from that fight with two shattered limbs lol.

Not to mention that their children fought, and gaara’s kid still won easily

Lee has always been weaker than gaara, so I wasn’t surprised at the results of the fight.

Not to mention that their power/speed was proven to see which one was more effective against Kimimaru

Lee has always been weaker than gaara, so I wasn’t surprised at the results of the fight.

Not to mention that their power/speed was proven to see which one was more effective against Kimimaru

You are telling me, while Gaara is getting kicked mind you, that Gaara in the span of a single moment of pain could slide out of his sand armor as he is being kicked without Lee noticing? Not to mention the sand armor itself, which was said by Kabuto to be draining and a last resort thing, was able to endure a beating from 5 Gates Lee or that Gaara could turn his gord into a sand cushion in the milisecond he was sent crashing to the ground? It's bullshit.

And Kimimaro would have killed them both had he not had plot-continent illness death. Plus Rock Lee literally hoped off the medical bed and was likely rusty.

You are telling me, while Gaara is getting kicked mind you, that Gaara in the span of a single moment of pain could slide out of his sand armor as he is being kicked without Lee noticing? Not to mention the sand armor itself, which was said by Kabuto to be draining and a last resort thing, was able to endure a beating from 5 Gates Lee or that Gaara could turn his gord into a sand cushion in the milisecond he was sent crashing to the ground? It's bullshit.

And Kimimaro would have killed them both had he not had plot-continent illness death. Plus Rock Lee literally hoped off the medical bed and was likely rusty.

Seeing as the substitution justu Exists in this world, and all sorts of clone swapping shenanigans, this doesn’t seem too halfbad. Not to mention the sand often acts in his own, so it might no even have been gaara doing the sand cushion himself, rather the sand itself.

And gaara did a LOT more to Kimimaru than lee did XD let’s agree there at least

Gaara couldn't even have the chance to make a hand sign, and Kakashi made it clear that Gaara slipped out of his shell not used something like a substitution jutsu.

The fight was BS.

I'll agree on the Kimimaro thing.

There are many ways to counter speed though. Primarily defense, prediction of traps.

Given you seem to believe the Sharingan is not a story breaker itself I'll take these words with a grain of salt. Strategy and defense only go so far if your opponent is just that much faster.

But I certainly am gonna bank on that, for Azumi's sake.

Given you seem to believe the Sharingan is not a story breaker itself I'll take these words with a grain of salt. Strategy and defense only go so far if your opponent is just that much faster.

But I certainly am gonna bank on that, for Azumi's sake.
I mean... there are way more OP things out there than the Sharingan... it's just really not that great to me, and yea if he's that much faster than you then there's nothing you can do. All strategy is worthless in the face of overwhelming power. On the other hand, traps and defense will still work beautifully. Similarly to how Gaara managed to catch lee, set a trap that will hinder their movement, then it's basically over. Otherwise, focus on defense. You won't be able to do anything to them, but they won't be able to do anything to you either.

I mean... there are way more OP things out there than the Sharingan...

Tenseigan, Wood Style (Debatable), Tailed Beasts (Though a Sharingan controlled the strongest one easily with it. I think the beasts are weaker.)

I think you undersell how OP this Dojutsu is. Not even going into the become the Rinnegan thing.

But I'll agree with your main point. I kinda have to otherwise all characters here will have to be speed blitzers just to compete XD

Admittedly, not everyone that has the Sharingan can control a tailed beast. Only if their Sharingan is powerful enough can they truly control one of the tailed beasts, and for all the great power the tailed beasts are supposed to have, they really are only powerful when paired with skilled Jinchuriki. If we assume that all the Jinchuriki have to go through the training Naruto went through, it means that every Jinchuriki (minus Gaara) has fought, and defeated, their tailed beast. Which says a lot.

Admittedly, not everyone that has the Sharingan can control a tailed beast. Only if their Sharingan is powerful enough can they truly control one of the tailed beasts, and for all the great power the tailed beasts are supposed to have, they really are only powerful when paired with skilled Jinchuriki. If we assume that all the Jinchuriki have to go through the training Naruto went through, it means that every Jinchuriki (minus Gaara) has fought, and defeated, their tailed beast. Which says a lot.

The Nine Tails alone destroyed most of Konoha and took a sacrifice from the Kage Minato to defeat. They are supposed to be powerful threats to entire nations, which is the reason for a distribution of power among them between the Kage was made.

Yet a powerful Uchiha (And nobody in our story is gonna be a weakling, nor should they be) can control the strongest one with a glance. This on top of all their collective abilities is just a natural advantage most of our OCs logically would never counter. I don't care how strong a character is, so long as there is a chance others can compete with them. Which to be honest I simply don't feel it is possible. At best it will just turn this into am arms race to stack OP abilities to our cast just to close that gap itself. Which becomes the War Arc situation.

By the way am in bed with the flu. I apologize for lack of responses or a not so great attitude today. I don't want to be the complainer among you guys. So again sorry :(

Not really an insult, it just refers to anime watchers who haven't delved that deep yet. Basically if you've only seen what'd be considered 'popular', you're still a casual. Doesn't mean much though, you're just still pretty close to 'normal'.
Let’s go, I’m not a Weeb! I’m proud to be a ‘casual!’ Atleast I hope I’m a casual. What are the classifications for each tier? The tiers Ik of are casual, otaku, and weeb.

Sorry about the late response, just going through everything I missed.

The Nine Tails alone destroyed most of Konoha and took a sacrifice from the Kage Minato to defeat. They are supposed to be powerful threats to entire nations, which is the reason for a distribution of power among them between the Kage was made.

Yet a powerful Uchiha (And nobody in our story is gonna be a weakling, nor should they be) can control the strongest one with a glance. This on top of all their collective abilities is just a natural advantage most of our OCs logically would never counter. I don't care how strong a character is, so long as there is a chance others can compete with them. Which to be honest I simply don't feel it is possible. At best it will just turn this into am arms race to stack OP abilities to our cast just to close that gap itself. Which becomes the War Arc situation.

By the way am in bed with the flu. I apologize for lack of responses or a not so great attitude today. I don't want to be the complainer among you guys. So again sorry :(
Hashirama had captured all the tailed beasts to use as diplomatic gifts to assure the other nations, although they're supposed to be threats to an entire nation the only time the villages are actually threatened is when the beast's rampage from within the village, and most of the damage is during the response time. The eight tails was held back by a team of ...what? 8 people? One of which was Kage level.

The Nine-Tails attack wouldn't have been as bad if it wasn't for the instigation of Obito. Minato likely wouldn't have died if Obito hadn't held him back, and if he wasn't simultaneously trying to protect his dying wife and newborn child. The majority of the important characters (any jonin with an actual name) were being held back from the battle, and the others are purely cannon fodder, they don't even do as well as the child squadron in the 4th Shinobi war arc, I find it hard to count them as anything noticeable.

Now, if we're to go into the Sharingan's abilities, as long as you avoid looking into their eyes there's nothing to worry about. Susanoo is powerful but it can be shattered through pure physical might (Tsunade) or through jutsu like Mei's Lava or Boil Release, Izanami will never work on anyone who isn't deluded by power, Izanagi is a death sentence because after you survive the first death the next one will likely come right after since losing one eye essentially cripples the Sharingan to a 1/3rd of its power (loss of Susanoo and the ability held in that eye, and your depth perception is now dead meaning the kinetic vision is greatly nerfed.), Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, and Kotoamatsukami are probably the best abilities the Sharingan has and since Madara's Sharingan abilities were never revealed I'd lean towards him having Kotoamatsukami.

Most of the things in the show are given a lot of hype and are 'supposed to be this powerful' but then they get nerfed because the Plot screws them over. Since we know that Jinchuriki with the tailed beasts are stronger than the tailed beasts by their lonesome, and it's a fact that the Akatsuki only needs 2 members to capture a Jinchuriki (and usually it's 1 member fighting and the other member just watching- case Kisame and Itachi vs Son Goku, Deidara and Sasori vs Shukaku, Hidan and Kakuzu vs Matatabi) You can say that the tailed beasts are a bit weaker than the members of the Akatsuki, and if you're talking about someone on Madara's level controlling an Akatsuki member (they're probably around peak Kage) then... meh. The Sharingan's control never works if the wielder is weaker than the target, hence why Madara can't Sharingan the ten-tails. The only exception to this might be Kotoamatsukami which is the true most OP ability of the Sharingan.

Edit:

Note that besides the Kotoamatsukami, Sharingan genjutsu can always be broken by a second party, even Madara's, since the Genjutsu on the Raikage was broken by the Tsuchikage during their battle with Madara.

Since there really hasn't been anything to say the Sharingan can control tailed beasts because it is the Sharingan (though this might be true because Hagaromo had the Sharingan and he was the one who created the tailed beasts, so they might have some intrinsic connection to the eye.) then you can assume that whatever Madara did to the nine-tails was probably related to his Sharingan ability rather than 'any random guy with the Sharingan is instantly a threat to entire nations', because there have been far too many people with the Mangekyou Sharingan and the ninja world would've long collapsed from the massive difference in power between Konaha and every other ninja village. (You know that there have been alot of people with the Mangekyou Sharingan because of the very fact that there were enough people with it, who could also use Izanagi, that they needed to create Izanami to restrain them.)

Last edited:
Now, if we're to go into the Sharingan's abilities, as long as you avoid looking into their eyes there's nothing to worry about. Susanoo is powerful but it can be shattered through pure physical might (Tsunade) or through jutsu like Mei's Lava or Boil Release, Izanami will never work on anyone who isn't deluded by power, Izanagi is a death sentence because after you survive the first death the next one will likely come right after since losing one eye essentially cripples the Sharingan to a 1/3rd of its power (loss of Susanoo and the ability held in that eye, and your depth perception is now dead meaning the kinetic vision is greatly nerfed.), Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, and Kotoamatsukami are probably the best abilities the Sharingan has and since Madara's Sharingan abilities were never revealed I'd lean towards him having Kotoamatsukami.

Itachi cast a Sharingan Genjutsu on Naruto using his finger. And Naruto had specific training to counter Genjutsu and it still was completely useless. Those Susanoo were weaker, incomplete versions of the technique. Perfect Susanoo is devoid of such weaknesses. Not to mention Susanoo variations (Like Itachi's Blade & Shield combo) is impossible to work around. I'll agree on the Izanami and Izanagi even if all you need to work around the shortcomings is more Uchiha eyes. Which as the series has highlighted are quite easy to get and insert into yourself. You don't even need surgery or anything, just yank an eye out and place that sucker in like Madara did on the literal fly. And given we'll have an Uchiha massacre planned out, those could be easy to get. Specific Uchiha abilities on top of these standard abilities can be story breakers.

Technically only Naruto had to defeat Kurama to gain access to the power. It was never confirmed if the other tailed beasts had to do the same thing given Killer Bee and his beast seemed pretty chill with each other. But I get the main idea. Just worried you are overlooking this Dojutsu which could bite other characters in the butts down the road.

Itachi cast a Sharingan Genjutsu on Naruto using his finger. And Naruto had specific training to counter Genjutsu and it still was completely useless. Those Susanoo were weaker, incomplete versions of the technique. Perfect Susanoo is devoid of such weaknesses. Not to mention Susanoo variations (Like Itachi's Blade & Shield combo) is impossible to work around. I'll agree on the Izanami and Izanagi even if all you need to work around the shortcomings is more Uchiha eyes. Which as the series has highlighted are quite easy to get and insert into yourself. You don't even need surgery or anything, just yank an eye out and place that sucker in like Madara did on the literal fly. And given we'll have an Uchiha massacre planned out, those could be easy to get. Specific Uchiha abilities on top of these standard abilities can be story breakers.

Technically only Naruto had to defeat Kurama to gain access to the power. It was never confirmed if the other tailed beasts had to do the same thing given Killer Bee and his beast seemed pretty chill with each other. But I get the main idea. Just worried you are overlooking this Dojutsu which could bite other characters in the butts down the road.
And I think you're overhyping this dojutsu~

The perfect Susanoo is something only Madara has displayed, and I'd bet it could still be shattered through brute force, the prerequisite is that you're on the level of Madara and Hashirama. The 5 Kage clearly aren't up to par, it was pretty obvious that Madara was just playing with them for shits and giggles.

Itachi's Susanoo can be worked around, it shares the same fragility when met with overwhelming force, and you can also go under it. Basically, if it's been shattered once, it's possible to do it again. Whether you have the ability to do that is a completely different question.

Yanking out your eye and slapping in a new one only works because of the dynamics of the series. That'd never work simply by considering human biology. You'd definitely need some form of surgery, and I doubt the Zombie Madara was limited by human biology.

Naruto couldn't genjutsu release his way out of a paper bag. Itachi could trap Naruto within a genjutsu with his foot much less needing his eyes. Sharingan genjutsu is honestly overkill against Naruto, and bringing up Itachi makes it even worst.

Well, if I remember correctly Killer B has said something about past generations of Jinchuriki coming to the island to train. You can automatically exclude all the Jinchuriki of the nine-tails since they never even tried to use its power, they just did their best to keep it sealed. Maybe each nation has their own way of training their Jinchuriki to learn how to control their tailed beasts.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
And given we'll have an Uchiha massacre planned out, those could be easy to get.
EHH wrong. also did you guys seriously have a fight over sharingan powers while I was in school? Jesus Christ why did you think I had to nerf MS abilities to 8 Flame Dragons?

Fair enough, I probably am doing that XD

I just get paranoid with this kind of stuff. Probably overthinking and being stupid for no reason. My sincerest apologies. Certain other RPs I've done just leave me in a constant state of worry over something like this (Who has 6 Mega Evolutions!?)

But I am sorry for making a scene over something that will likely be a non-issue.