• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
I thought Tomiko would suffer the worst injury outside of death in these exams, but then Taiyo decided to blow his arms up XD

Somewhere Zaku is relieved

Attachments

• D6C207BD-A9B7-4E8B-852A-D3E7783DF3FE.png
    D6C207BD-A9B7-4E8B-852A-D3E7783DF3FE.png
    864.5 KB · Views: 39

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Imagine lol it’d be like:
Taiyo: I had amputation cuz I burned my arms and hands.
Yasu: I had my hands shot by sound bullets from a douche.
Tomiko: I had my hands crippled by some Uchiha jerk with his lightning style on my metal gauntlets... but I got new cool ones with rubber now!
Yasu and Taiyo: oooh! Shiny!

Uhhh, I think I'm leaving the analysis up to Shen on this one. So don't expect one from me.

Trying to match synergy for Sagisō's second chakra nature. Between Earth, Lightning and Water, I've already eliminated earth. But deciding between lightning and water is pretty hard...

Also struggling over whether the look on Kiro's face when Sagisō outright steals his technique is worth it...

Hmmm I think electricity and air would make a good combo. Doesn’t mean you have to steal anyone’s techbiques. Heck, you can even create your own if they aren’t too outlandish.

Wellllll no. Water is a conductor for electricity, and it would have zapped Kiro to death
What about Azumi’s hand? And no, that’s not how the lightning armor works. Kiro is expelling the chakra around his body. His own chakra is coating him from anything external. The lightning chakra protects the user from external forces. The water is external, so if anything is in the water with the lightning user, they will be electrocuted, not the user. For some reference, watch Omoi vs like 100 Zetsu underwater.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
What about Azumi’s hand? And no, that’s not how the lightning armor works. Kiro is expelling the chakra around his body. His own chakra is coating him from anything external. The lightning chakra protects the user from external forces. The water is external, so if anything is in the water with the lightning user, they will be electrocuted, not the user. For some reference, watch Omoi vs like 100 Zetsu underwater.
Again though, the kunai would’ve had the same affect as that but used less chakra. Kakashi not doing lightning style isn’t that well of an argument by itself and it’s even worse by adding the fact a use can’t move in the water to do hand seals.

Btw retro would you like to see your scores now? I sure would

I’d get water. Water is sooo good
I'm leaning towards water since it's more useful for me... and it'll really help Sagisō's combat style. She'll probably take a trip to the mist to learn it and say hi to her good friend Kai while she's at it.

Hmmm I think electricity and air would make a good combo. Doesn’t mean you have to steal anyone’s techbiques. Heck, you can even create your own if they aren’t too outlandish.
I thought that too but I'm also thinking about how it'll go well with Matatabi's fire release. The only reason I haven't already chosen water is because fire release can set up for stronger lightning techniques like Kirin, and that's pretty tempting.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I'm leaning towards water since it's more useful for me... and it'll really help Sagisō's combat style. She'll probably take a trip to the mist to learn it and say hi to her good friend Kai while she's at it.

I thought that too but I'm also thinking about how it'll go well with Matatabi's fire release. The only reason I haven't already chosen water is because fire release can set up for stronger lightning techniques like Kirin, and that's pretty tempting.
Why not both? If anyone would do it in this RP it would be Sagiso cuz she has byakugan and I can see her with the skill set of an experienced anbu

I don’t think Kai would let her in lol. Especially if he’s trying to get a more xenophobic following going. The mist migration situation may be in heated debate.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
TECHNICALLY, electricity and air isn’t a good combo imo. Electricity and water or fire is. Water is also good with electricity and wind. Get all 3 and Sagiso is gonna be REALLY GOOD

Why not both? If anyone would do it in this RP it would be Sagiso cuz she has byakugan and I can see her with the skill set of an experienced anbu
Because that's 4/5 chakra natures and I'm talking short term stuff. Maybe Anbu level Sagisō will be adept at all 4 natures, but Genin-Chūnin Sagisō will only know 2 natures since she'll also need to practice with Fire Release from matatabi.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
TECHNICALLY, electricity and air isn’t a good combo imo. Electricity and water or fire is. Water is also good with electricity and wind. Get all 3 and Sagiso is gonna be REALLY GOOD
Only reason I’m not getting
Anyone with any 3 would be great, as most who achiev this are either Kakashi or Kage level
kakashi is an experienced anbu. So yes eventually I see her that level. And that’s not counting the instant fire style from being matabi’s Jinchuriki she’s gonna be even better than Raiku in ninjutsu

Raiku: b-but you’d surely let a man with no home in... r-right?

Kai: you would have to prove your devotion to the mist, but since you plan in becoming a permenant resident, I may allow it, but only if you respect our way of life, culture, and law! Discard your Xeno philosophy and begin anew!

Electricity and air is literally a storm. Minus the rain.

How is that not a good combo?

Exactly

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Because that's 4/5 chakra natures and I'm talking short term stuff. Maybe Anbu level Sagisō will be adept at all 4 natures, but Genin-Chūnin Sagisō will only know 2 natures since she'll also need to practice with Fire Release from matatabi.
Depends on when you get Matabi. If in late civil war I’d get water style. If earlier and you can get one besides Matabi’s Fire style than electricity

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Kai: you would have to prove your devotion to the mist, but since you plan in becoming a permenant resident, I may allow it, but only if you respect our way of life, culture, and law! Discard your Xeno philosophy and begin anew!
Raiku: Meh I ain’t coming back to Konoha to live in it. Though I’ll be honest with you... it ain’t gonna be permanent. THOUGH keep in mind I’ll only be the mist’s ally when I leave

Can’t wait to see Akatsuki Azumi vs Sagisō! That’s unless Sagisō runs away...
She'll fight for a bit, but it won't be her main priority. She'll probably carve out a path if destructions so that she it's harder to catch her.
Depends on when you get Matabi. If in late civil war I’d get water style. If earlier and you can get one besides Matabi’s Fire style than electricity
True, I'd probably need to check that event time line again.
Imagine if Retro takes back control of Mei and let’s kiro and Kanshi take over?
Eh, she can always slip in under disguise.