• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel like you going out of your way to describe causing pain to the nurses, patients & medical-nin when they are a fair ways away from the battle was a bit too much and unnecessary. Plus I don't think Zaku's sonic blasts can amplify Dosu's different sound technique.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
I feel like you going out of your way to describe causing pain to the nurses, patients & medical-nin when they are a fair ways away from the battle was a bit too much and unnecessary. Plus I don't think Zaku's sonic blasts can amplify Dosu's different sound technique.

Think about sound, and then after going into a microphone or cupping your hands it is increased. Same principle here.

And I don’t think so, because they are still in the medical wing which is in the district as the fight so.

Think about sound, and then after going into a microphone or cupping your hands it is increased. Same principle here.

And I don’t think so, because they are still in the medical wing which is in the district as the fight so.

Zaku's technique is more like wind-pressure than actual sound. It's a forceful blast. Dosu manipulates his own sound technique, not the sound of other things. But I'll just roll with it. Even if having it hurt the nurses, patients & medical-nin was a needless douchy move XD

Zaku's technique is more like wind-pressure than actual sound. It's a forceful blast. Dosu manipulates his own sound technique, not the sound of other things. But I'll just roll with it. Even if having it hurt the nurses, patients & medical-nin was a needless douchy move XD

They are leading them out, not out Yet. So still targets muahaha. And sound ninja are ususalky needlessly doughy anyway. After all they broke in there to kill as many medical ninjas as possible lol

They are leading them out, not out Yet. So still targets muahaha. And sound ninja are ususalky needlessly doughy anyway. After all they broke in there to kill as many medical ninjas as possible lol

Which is gonna need a big explanation for why that boy Zaku befriended would still like him even after doing something like that. Should be interesting where you go with it, but there should be some sort of one at least.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
what is the plot in this au gonna be focused on overall? I wanna know if I need to scrap someone. Though at least Suzuki is saved

Oohh goodie. Guess I don't need to scrap Setchi. Good to know she'll be partnered with a fellow Konoha hater

That could be open, what village is Setchi from?

Also I don't know whether I should keep what I have in mind for Azumi to join a secret or make it known to claim it so that somebody else doesn't steal it XD

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Also I don't know whether I should keep what I have in mind for Azumi to join a secret or make it known to claim it so that somebody else doesn't steal it XD
If you were me I would tell people like I did with Raiku's MS abilities. Even though people can plan to do something about it I prefer not to keep it secret. But that's me. You do whatever you want

Firstly, what should I post? Secondly Fire Release plus wind release is called ?
The kekkei genkai is called scorch release, but wind release can also fuel fire release and turn it into a stronger jutsu. Although using it like that doesn't have a specific name, we can call it Blaze release.

Also~

Post Time Skip, Who wants to be the first victim of their 8-Triagrams 256 palms~?

Also @kyuukestu I have many questions....

Dosu is constantly emmiting this sound in pulses, like different waves of sound. On top of that, Zaku is magifying it and shooting powerful bursts of air, this wouldn’t give Sagiso a lot of room to do all these fancy flips lol it just doesn’t make sense

Also, you cant just nullify it with air. Sure you can block it from yourself and some surrounding area, but not everyone everywhere in the medical ward. That doesn’t make sense either

Last edited:
@Shen: Ghost Gym Leader From the way you described that attack though, simply covering one’s ear isnt gonna help. The only way to prevent ear damage is too have some protective jutsu or do something like Kyuu tried to do. With such a powerful jutsu used so early, you’re basically forcing the people other characters to do some crazy counters unless they want to be knocked out. Like literally I’m probably gonna have to find a way to have Kiro use lightning armor in the span of seconds and I’m not even sure if I want to do that. Which means he’s gonna either be knocked out or severely weakened. I’m just saying, unless this jutsu is stopped, respectfully recognizing it’s power, everyone in its radius should be taken out.

@Shen: Ghost Gym Leader From the way you described that attack though, simply covering one’s ear isnt gonna help. The only way to prevent ear damage is too have some protective jutsu or do something like Kyuu tried to do. With such a powerful jutsu used so early, you’re basically forcing the people other characters to do some crazy counters unless they want to be knocked out. Like literally I’m probably gonna have to find a way to have Kiro use lightning armor in the span of seconds and I’m not even sure if I want to do that. Which means he’s gonna either be knocked out or severely weakened. I’m just saying, unless this jutsu is stopped, respectfully recognizing it’s power, everyone in its radius should be taken out.

I’m sure the air power could nullify it in a small area, but not the entire thing. And he is a CHUNIN after all, not just a genin like ost Orin oc’s. He also is using technically his strongest jutsu at the moment so.

Covering your ears helps, although you’ll definitely feel a bit off. Sagiso’s defensive measure was fine, until I read that one conclusive shot knocked it the entire jutsu which is Constantly Emmiting. And if he seems strong that’s fine because he’s Uber outnumberedbin this equation. It’s like 3 vs 10 lol.

Also retro doesn’t have to do much because Dosu’s jutsu is manipulated by his chakra, taking sound from certain directions and magnifying it in others. So basically if your an ally you hear a small fraction of the attack instead of the brunt of it

Also @kyuukestu I have many questions....

Dosu is constantly emmiting this sound in pulses, like different waves of sound. On top of that, Zaku is magifying it and shooting powerful bursts of air, this wouldn’t give Sagiso a lot of room to do all these fancy flips lol it just doesn’t make sense

Also, you cant just nullify it with air. Sure you can block it from yourself and some surrounding area, but not everyone everywhere in the medical ward. That doesn’t make sense either
Well, this happened because, as I'd said before, I viewed his jutsu as spreading out horizontally. So I figured leaping into the air would be the best option since you'd go over the brunt of the jutsu.

When I used the word nullify I didn't really mean for everyone, I didn't even think they'd be in the same direction as Sagisō and Furījia. In my head Yasu, Madoka, and the others are closer to ... the bed I guess? since Yasu would've been on the medical bed, while Dosu is more in the middle of the room, and the other Oc's Kenji would be at the door since they came in later. I guess it's my fault since I didn't exactly specify where Sagisō landed, but the way the scene looks in my head had the ninja at different positions. So since neither Sagisō nor Furījia were mentioned when Zaku attacked I didn't even think you'd have included them because as far as I saw it they weren't in the same direction.

and yea, I didn't have any intention of blocking it for everyone, just my 2 Oc's, because I didn't think there was anyone else in the same direction as my OC's lol.

Hey these are valid points. Also, after losing to Kyuu twice now I’ve learned to pick his things apart to the word lol. So these actions matter. Especially since Dosu’s abilities is primarily Area denial and melee besting
Ahaha~ valid points indeed.

I don't see how covering one's ears helps at all?

Doesn't the jutsu move through the ground and into your feet?
“Cover your ears...!”

Dosu slammed on the ground, a shockwave of sound tearing through the room. He controlled it with his chakra to avoid some targets more than others, and concentrate on some most of all. Even a Zaku, who had been closing his ears and not the target had begun to feel ill by it’s effects. The soundwave forced its way into focusing on the enemies, as it made so much of a sound it scrapped the paint of the walls!

“Echoing sound drill!!”

Covering your ears didn't make much sense to me... probably should've said something about that.

I’m sure the air power could nullify it in a small area, but not the entire thing. And he is a CHUNIN after all, not just a genin like ost Orin oc’s. He also is using technically his strongest jutsu at the moment so.

Covering your ears helps, although you’ll definitely feel a bit off. Sagiso’s defensive measure was fine, until I read that one conclusive shot knocked it the entire jutsu which is Constantly Emmiting. And if he seems strong that’s fine because he’s Uber outnumberedbin this equation. It’s like 3 vs 10 lol.

Also retro doesn’t have to do much because Dosu’s jutsu is manipulated by his chakra, taking sound from certain directions and magnifying it in others. So basically if your an ally you hear a small fraction of the attack instead of the brunt of it
Right, nai nai, it wasn't meant to block the entire jutsu. Just protect Sagisō and Furījia from the jutsu. I also didn't think it'd be continuous, or I would've gone with my first option and done rotation instead of the Vacuum palm.

Well, this happened because, as I'd said before, I viewed his jutsu as spreading out horizontally. So I figured leaping into the air would be the best option since you'd go over the brunt of the jutsu.

When I used the word nullify I didn't really mean for everyone, I didn't even think they'd be in the same direction as Sagisō and Furījia. In my head Yasu, Madoka, and the others are closer to ... the bed I guess? since Yasu would've been on the medical bed, while Dosu is more in the middle of the room, and the other Oc's Kenji would be at the door since they came in later. I guess it's my fault since I didn't exactly specify where Sagisō landed, but the way the scene looks in my head had the ninja at different positions. So since neither Sagisō nor Furījia were mentioned when Zaku attacked I didn't even think you'd have included them because as far as I saw it they weren't in the same direction.

and yea, I didn't have any intention of blocking it for everyone, just my 2 Oc's, because I didn't think there was anyone else in the same direction as my OC's lol.

Ahaha~ valid points indeed.

I don't see how covering one's ears helps at all?

Doesn't the jutsu move through the ground and into your feet?

Covering your ears didn't make much sense to me... probably should've said something about that.

Right, nai nai, it wasn't meant to block the entire jutsu. Just protect Sagisō and Furījia from the jutsu. I also didn't think it'd be continuous, or I would've gone with my first option and done rotation instead of the Vacuum palm.

•covering your ears will help minimalize it, but if that’s all you do you’d still be feeling a bit noxious and unsettled.

•the jutsu moves through sound, not in visual waves. Basically it’s a 360° constant projection of this sound. So jumping over it is out of the question lol.

•Zaku wasn’t aiming for Sagiso and her relative because there were more people on the other sides of the medical wing.

•covering your ears will help minimalize it, but if that’s all you do you’d still be feeling a bit noxious and unsettled.

•the jutsu moves through sound, not in visual waves. Basically it’s a 360° constant projection of this sound. So jumping over it is out of the question lol.

•Zaku wasn’t aiming for Sagiso and her relative because there were more people on the other sides of the medical wing.
Hmmm, then I'll just make an edit for that then.

I still think Zaku & Dosu's combo was too damn powerful too early in the fight and our options to counter it seem incredibly limited. It forces us to use big time moves to try and counter it. I agree with Kiro's original point.

While that’s the case, it’s 3 vs 10, with the number 10 possibly growing with Katsuo and his jounin mother in the medical wing. Dosu play for keeps and doesn’t mess around unlike Zaku does.

It was meant to be powerful, especially since everyone decided to surround him, basically giving him an audience for his sound. It was more effective that way

While that’s the case, it’s 3 vs 10, with the number 10 possibly growing with Katsuo and his jounin mother in the medical wing. Dosu play for keeps and doesn’t mess around unlike Zaku does.

It was meant to be powerful, especially since everyone decided to surround him, basically giving him an audience for his sound. It was more effective that way

I get that. But there really seems to be no way for many characters to get out of it and having a character knocked out at the start of a RP fight is incredibly disappointing. Puts them into a corner from the start which limited creativity to work around it which may not be as fun.

Also, my characters were kinda swarmed by Dosu & Zaku first. So they didn't dog pile you, others did XD