• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
I get that. But there really seems to be no way for many characters to get out of it and having a character knocked out at the start of a RP fight is incredibly disappointing. Puts them into a corner from the start which limited creativity to work around it which may not be as fun.

Also, my characters were kinda swarmed by Dosu & Zaku first. So they didn't dog pile you, others did XD

As far as dog piled kind of kinda not, as I gave a warning 3 days before the sound ninja kicked in the door sooo lol.

And no, there are many ways out of this dilemma. I can name 4 right off the bat that don’t even require jutsu to counter. There’s a reason in canon that he made to the finals.

But realistically, Dosu’s Main weapon was surprise as most people weren’t expecting such a devastating attack of such a unique style. Once that valuable element of surprise is lost, it won’t be as stacked.

And no, there are many ways out of this dilemma. I can name 4 right off the bad that don’t even require jutsu to counter. There’s a reason in canon that he made to the finals.

He got paired with Choji? Who was a literal one-trick pony XD.

But I'll think it over. I got a lightning user in Kenji and I might have something up Madoka's sleeve to save them.

Though you may have pissed off Onoki with that combo attack given he and Kurotsuchi are in the hall with Sakura & Ino.

He got paired with Choji? Who was a literal one-trick pony XD.

But I'll think it over. I got a lightning user in Kenji and I might have something up Madoka's sleeve to save them.

Though you may have pissed off Onoki with that combo attack given he and Kurotsuchi are in the hall with Sakura & Ino.

So is Dosu! Lol. Plus he beat Lee in like one blow

Oh dear god I don’t want another Kage attacking XD I’m already juggling fighting four

So is Dosu! Lol. Plus he beat Lee in like one blow

After Lee fought literally the entire Sound Team 3 on 1. And crippled himself using the Lotus technique. In fact Zaku saved Dosu in that very fight XD.

Oh dear god I don’t want another Kage attacking XD I’m already juggling fighting four

I mean I never intended for any of the Sound-nin to attack him or one of their attacks to effect him. I don't want him involved but he isn't gonna just let this pass and having him ignore it would be off. I don't know what to do XD

After Lee fought literally the entire Sound Team 3 on 1. And crippled himself using the Lotus technique. In fact Zaku saved Dosu in that very fight XD.

I mean I never intended for any of the Sound-nin to attack him or one of their attacks to effect him. I don't want him involved but he isn't gonna just let this pass and having him ignore it would be off. I don't know what to do XD

Dosu actually told them to back off, that he would handle it. Kind didnt do anything and Zaku only stopped The primary lotus. But I can kinda see where your getting at

Hmmm the sound that’s hitting around sakura’s area isn’t endings to kill anybody, jut mess up those systems to cause disorientation, nausea, and temporarily deafen some. However those in an unified or critical state would reopen their wounds and most likely die

I’d hope not. His aide disobeyed a direct order and got attacked. Onoki really shouldn’t be suprised that if she added the leaf that she’d get attacked.

I mean I'm talking about the Sound in the air. The one that is gonna be a pain to his old ears. Not the Oto-nin that Kurotsuchi attacked (Which is Ino BTY). He wouldn't have gotten involved off that along.

And Dosu did say he could handle it....and Lee would have planted him like a tree had Zaku not decided to interject. Dosu got cocky and would have gotten creamed. Also Kin didn't do most of anything, cause her style sucked.

I mean I'm talking about the Sound in the air. The one that is gonna be a pain to his old ears. Not the Oto-nin that Kurotsuchi attacked (Which is Ino BTY). He wouldn't have gotten involved off that along.

And Dosu did say he could handle it....and Lee would have planted him like a tree had Zaku not decided to interject. Dosu got cocky and would have gotten creamed. Also Kin didn't do most of anything, cause her style sucked.

I got the impression the Kage was outside the medical wing on the opposite end of where the fight is going down. He would just hear something high pitched going on.

Yeahhh Dosu did, underestimating his enemy. But nevertheless, this is an AU where Dosu was strong enough to make Chunnin before these events took place, meaning his skills and reasoning are no doubt sharper

I got the impression the Kage was outside the medical wing on the opposite end of where the fight is going down. He would just hear something high pitched going on.

Yeahhh Dosu did, underestimating his enemy. But nevertheless, this is an AU where Dosu was strong enough to make Chunnin before these events took place, meaning his skills and reasoning are no doubt sharper

Onoki is literally in the same place as Sakura, Ino & Kurotsuchi along with the people Ino & Sakura were saving. Kurotsuchi launched an attack in the same hallway as them. Thought I made that pretty clear.

Fair enough. Which by the way I still hold the belief Lee would have beaten the Sound Team by himself if he bothered to remove his weights as opposed to go for a suicide move on one of them. A questionable tactic to say the least.

Onoki is literally in the same place as Sakura, Ino & Kurotsuchi along with the people Ino & Sakura were saving. Kurotsuchi launched an attack in the same hallway as them. Thought I made that pretty clear.

Fair enough. Which by the way I still hold the belief Lee would have beaten the Sound Team by himself if he bothered to remove his weights as opposed to go for a suicide move on one of them. A questionable tactic to say the least.

Hm I guess I didn’t get the memo. Then again, in a war loud noises are everywhere, from explosions to attacks and this case dosu’s weapon. I’m sure the Kage knew he’d see war if he were to interfere with an invasion. I doubt he’d blow his fool over that. Complain sure, but go all killy? Unlikely.

Yet the tactic he chose anyway...his tactics are his battle skills. And lee’s Tactics are Naruto Uzumaki level lol. Unless guy is ordering him or something. Zaku alone would have beat him honestly with those air cannons. Kin though was utter trash XD

Hm I guess I didn’t get the memo. Then again, in a war loud noises are everywhere, from explosions to attacks and this case dosu’s weapon. I’m sure the Kage knew he’d see war if he were to interfere with an invasion. I doubt he’d blow his fool over that. Complain sure, but go all killy? Unlikely.

Yet the tactic he chose anyway...his tactics are his battle skills. And lee’s Tactics are Naruto Uzumaki level lol. Unless guy is ordering him or something. Zaku alone would have beat him honestly with those air cannons. Kin though was utter trash XD

Loud noises are one thing, an attack that damages ears and causes people to puke blood and vomit their guts is another. I'll see what happens.

Nah, Lee was on another level. He pushed Gaara, the same one who one shot Dosu. Sauske casually dodged his air cannon and Lee is fast enough to do the same. Without the weights he beats them all IMO Really despite their hype in the forest, they really were underwhelming. Which is a shame, cause I liked their dynamic and they could have been so, soo much more. Something you are fixing...even if Kin's fix was just slap a tailed beast on her with no sound-based ability.

Loud noises are one thing, an attack that damages ears and causes people to puke blood and vomit their guts is another. I'll see what happens.

Nah, Lee was on another level. He pushed Gaara, the same one who one shot Dosu. Sauske casually dodged his air cannon and Lee is fast enough to do the same. Without the weights he beats them all IMO Really despite their hype in the forest, they really were underwhelming. Which is a shame, cause I liked their dynamic and they could have been so, soo much more. Something you are fixing...even if Kin's fix was just slap a tailed beast on her with no sound-based ability.
They weren't underwhelming, Lee, Neji and tenten were supposed to be stronger than the other genin. They'd stayed back a year to train more, and honestly, there was no one capable of defeating them amongst the competitors. After you add in plot armor things just start looking weird.

You don’t know that yet ;) Kin has more going on than what meets the eye

Also, yeah, they really were underplayed, and I still curse the creator of naruto for just killing creative characters like them for no reason at all

They weren't underwhelming, Lee, Neji and tenten were supposed to be stronger than the other genin. They'd stayed back a year to train more, and honestly, there was no one capable of defeating them amongst the competitors. After you add in plot armor things just start looking weird.

I never got that impression. Tenten was a complete flop and Gaara & the Sand Siblings was the one to get the major hype of the competitors and they were rookies.

You don’t know that yet ;) Kin has more going on than what meets the eye

Also, yeah, they really were underplayed, and I still curse the creator of naruto for just killing creative characters like them for no reason at all

We'll see.

I agree with that.

Like, if you compare Chunin exams rock lee and neji, to Chunin exams Boruto, they would waste Boruto anyday, and Boruto is quoted by kakashi to have Chunin level skills (Pffft), so for some reason, they're basically already Chunin tier, and can wipe the floor with other Chunin too.

In one of the OVA Neji chases around Asuma because the other Chunin and Genin aren't worth his time and he only wants to see how he'd fare against a Jonin.

I never got that impression. Tenten was a complete flop and Gaara & the Sand Siblings was the one to get the major hype of the competitors and they were rookies.

We'll see.

I agree with that.
Tenten was a flop, true. Lee and Neji definitely weren't genin level fighters though. Sasuke was basically an 'advanced' genin, and Lee wiped the floor with him, and Neji is supposedly able to beat lee with little effort. Definitely not genin class.

Tenten was a flop, true. Lee and Neji definitely weren't genin level fighters though. Sasuke was basically an 'advanced' genin, and Lee wiped the floor with him, and Neji is supposedly able to beat lee with little effort. Definitely not genin class.

WHICH I ALWAYS CALL BS ON! Lee without weights would have been way too fast for Neji to keep up with. Neji barley kept pace with Naruto with some of Kurama's chakra leaking out. I always found that hard to believe.

Like, if you compare Chunin exams rock lee and neji, to Chunin exams Boruto, they would waste Boruto anyday, and Boruto is quoted by kakashi to have Chunin level skills (Pffft), so for some reason, they're basically already Chunin tier, and can wipe the floor with other Chunin too.

I mean Kakashi did say Boruto had Chunin skills. None of the Genin going into the exams had that kind of hype. Maybe Gaara. I think Boruto would beat a lot of the Chunin Exam competitors in Naruto's day, though people like Gaara would win.

Which by the way I don't get why so many people have a problem with the next generation advancing quickly. Given the power bar set by the previous series they need to play catch up quickly to make them relevant. It may be rushed but there is little alternative other than make them irrelevant and say how much better the old characters were.

WHICH I ALWAYS CALL BS ON! Lee without weights would have been way too fast for Neji to keep up with. Neji barley kept pace with Naruto with some of Kurama's chakra leaking out. I always found that hard to believe.

I mean Kakashi did say Boruto had Chunin skills. None of the Genin going into the exams had that kind of hype. Maybe Gaara. I think Boruto would beat a lot of the Chunin Exam competitors in Naruto's day, though people like Gaara would win.

Which by the way I don't get why so many people have a problem with the next generation advancing quickly. Given the power bar set by the previous series they need to play catch up quickly to make them relevant. It may be rushed but there is little alternative other than make them irrelevant and say how much better the old characters were.
That's called plot armor, Neji's easily kept up with Sakon's spider attacks which were far faster than Naruto.

Let’s be honest here. Gaara from part one became Kage in two years. So he was already jounin level strength most likely, especially since he killed several chunnin in the past.

Meanwhile some genin who made it to be big threat in the boruto chunnin exams literally only have a blade and no other skills... I think Dosu would qualify as stronger than the majority of that cast, let alone Zaku.

That's called plot armor, Neji's easily kept up with Sakon's spider attacks which were far faster than Naruto.

Or Neji got stronger? I mean it seemed he, Choji and Kiba all got new moves between the Chunin Exams and the Sasuke Rescue Arc.

I just beleive nejii’s thoughts were in the clouds because he wanted to prove something to his clan, that he was half focusing on the fight and half somewhere else

If anything that would increase Neji's drive to win, to prove his point about destiny. Which he was totally right about anyway despite Naruto's claims. Mr. Child of Prophecy...

I don't really mind the power bar, but the hell is a guy who hasn't even graduated the academy doing with Chunin level skills? like wtf? Was he just born a Chunin? It just feels like too much of an ass-pull. Now that he's genin and hasn't advanced much it doesn't seem as bad.

I don't really mind the power bar, but the hell is a guy who hasn't even graduated the academy doing with Chunin level skills? like wtf? Was he just born a Chunin? It just feels like too much of an ass-pull. Now that he's genin and hasn't advanced much it doesn't seem as bad.

I mean being the son of a literal demi-god in Naruto would have its perks. Besides you said yourself he seemed to have not increased as dramatically lately in the Chunin Exams. So it isn't like he's jumping to Jonin Tier right out of the gate. And at least he wins his battles. Not relying on a demon in his stomach.

I mean being the son of a literal demi-god in Naruto would have its perks. Besides you said yourself he seemed to have not increased as dramatically lately in the Chunin Exams. So it isn't like he's jumping to Jonin Tier right out of the gate. And at least he wins his battles. Not relying on a demon in his stomach.
Hmmm, that goes against everything Boruto's trying to prove though. If just being Naruto's son gives him Chunin level skills at birth then there's really no point to his character of trying to make a name for himself apart from his dad when all his skills come from his dad.

And...can't really pull a Kyubi on this one, since it really wasn't used all that often, and the situations called for it. most opponents he used the Kyubi against were around Anbu level, like Haku and disguised Orochimaru (who's above anbu). Kurama's chakra is very OP letting a genin jump straight to jonin-anbu tier.

And like I said I don't have a problem with the power Mechanics in Boruto, it just never seems like he's had to work for anything, it's all just 'talent'. It changes as the series goes on the but the initial running on nothing but talent just seemed like a stretch or too much plot armor.

Hmmm, that goes against everything Boruto's trying to prove though. If just being Naruto's son gives him Chunin level skills at birth then there's really no point to his character of trying to make a name for himself apart from his dad when all his skills come from his dad.

And...can't really pull a Kyubi on this one, since it really wasn't used all that often, and the situations called for it. most opponents he used the Kyubi against were around Anbu level, like Haku and disguised Orochimaru (who's above anbu). Kurama's chakra is very OP letting a genin jump straight to jonin-anbu tier.

And like I said I don't have a problem with the power Mechanics in Boruto, it just never seems like he's had to work for anything, it's all just 'talent'. It changes as the series goes on the initial running on nothing but talent just seemed like a stretch or too much plot armor.

Probably. If I had to guess the intent it was likely just Boruto and the new gen being prodigies in terms of skill. The whole next generation surpassing the old one which Part 1 of Naruto touched upon but dropped during the War Arc.

He used it against Neji, and really any fight that has significance to it. Kiba was the only fight in Part 1 without it. Probably because they put Naruto in situations against opponent's out of his weight class one too many times.

Sasuke worked for basically nothing. Naruto mastered forbidden jutsu and a signature jutsu of the Hokage that took years in a week. It's annoying, but not something exclusive to Boruto.

More simply put, people were expecting too much Naruto when Boruto's supposed to be the opposite in almost every way.

That I agree with. They are different characters. It's fine to dislike Boruto on his own merits, as you do, since he gives you plenty of material. But to dislike him because he's not a clone of Naruto is missing the point.

Probably. If I had to guess the intent it was likely just Boruto and the new gen being prodigies in terms of skill. The whole next generation surpassing the old one which Part 1 of Naruto touched upon but dropped during the War Arc.

He used it against Neji, and really any fight that has significance to it. Kiba was the only fight in Part 1 without it. Probably because they put Naruto in situations against opponent's out of his weight class one too many times.

Sasuke worked for basically nothing. Naruto mastered forbidden jutsu and a signature jutsu of the Hokage that took years in a week. It's annoying, but not something exclusive to Boruto.

That I agree with. They are different characters. It's fine to dislike Boruto on his own merits, as you do, since he gives you plenty of material. But to dislike him because he's not a clone of Naruto is missing the point.
Lmao Naruto did? Even though all the prodigies were in the generation before them?

With the exception of people like Neji, all the characters in Naruto's generation were absolute shit at the start and we actually got to see them work their way up into being decent. Despite being so prodigy Sasuke couldn't even climb up a tree properly. Basically, since we got to see them struggle and work hard to achieve their level of skills in Naruto, Boruto just makes them prodigies. I don't dislike the idea since the entire setting of the series has changed and there are new problems and its interesting to see how the current cast deals with the world, but people are salty because all that 'hard work' we got in Naruto counts for nothing in Boruto, until about second half of the show.

Lmao Naruto did? Even though all the prodigies were in the generation before them?

With the exception of people like Neji, all the characters in Naruto's generation were absolute shit at the start and we actually got to see them work their way up into being decent. Despite being so prodigy Sasuke couldn't even climb up a tree properly. Basically, since we got to see them struggle and work hard to achieve their level of skills in Naruto, Boruto just makes them prodigies. I don't dislike the idea since the entire setting of the series has changed and there are new problems and its interesting to see how the current cast deals with the world, but people are salty because all that 'hard work' we got in Naruto counts for nothing in Boruto, until about second half of the show.

Hard work never counted for anything TBH. Sasuke & Naruto's best achievements came through natural talent or pure gifts. Rock Lee consistently failed and he is the symbol of hard work in this series.

And the new surpassing the old WAS a theme in the show. It's the point of the Will of Fire, of Hiruzen's death speech about a new, stronger Hokage taking his place if he fell to Orochimaru. It's just Kishi shat on it with the War Arc much like he belittled the value of hard work or fighting destiny with Part II.

Hard work never counted for anything TBH. Sasuke & Naruto's best achievements came through natural talent or pure gifts. Rock Lee consistently failed and he is the symbol of hard work in this series.

And the new surpassing the old WAS a theme in the show. It's the point of the Will of Fire, of Hiruzen's death speech about a new, stronger Hokage taking his place if he fell to Orochimaru. It's just Kishi shat on it with the War Arc much like he belittled the value of hard work or fighting destiny with Part II.
I'm not saying they weren't talented, but we got something, at least we got to see them train and struggle (comparatively) to learn their jutsu. Boruto only starts doing that after the Movie arc, and that's why people say it's too op in the first part.

With monsters like Kakashi, Minato and Itachi in the old generation who were basically Anbu before the cast could even start wearing diapers, any talk of the old surpassing the new died instantly.

Either way, I get your point, and I hope you get mine. That little bit of work the characters put in at the start of the series when they were just absolute garbage, built enough of a starting line for us to say, yea, they worked hard and we can see progress.

Episode 1 Naruto and Episode 30 Naruto are completely different, and you can see the progress. Episode 1 Boruto and Episode 30 Boruto? Well, I guess he had character development. I'll give him that. I don't dislike that though.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
When I get home and post i’m Gonna pull something you might consider BS but instead just consider it creativity k? Lol