• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you could invest in all of them the same amount of effort as you did in Azumi then they'd be just as strong. I'll be the first to admit that Azumi's hidden mist + water prison tactics would make me suffer a loss just as Kiro did if my characters didn't have the Byakugan. You don't really have to worry about your tactics being inferior to anyone else's, you're doing well.

Problem is I just can't. I have to control the entire Konoha alliance basically for this invasion arc so between that and my multiple characters I can't just focus on developing them all at the same time. First it was Tomiko who got the focus, then Azumi and now...nobody, cause I had to focus on Minato and like 3 other events to make this invasion work.

Also Madoka to Zaku but I get your point XD but most of these were your kind heart not wanting to dissapoint others by making them lose. Also maybe a story element for other battles. Azumi did beat both Taiyo, Kiro, AND her prelims fight. so there’s that

The prelim fight I had to auto because Platinum was not in. If he was fighting Azumi may not have made it to the finals XD

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I don’t have to worry about any of this as all of my OC’s except maybe Setchi and Arashi will have a chance to shine. I AM worried about them being “op” now thanks for the stress btw *rolls eyes*

And if we did pre plan battles, I’m pretty sure there would be a lot less complaining and questioning about what the fighters do. In fact, there would be a lot more room for epic fight scenes as well as bad ass character moments. As of right now, everytime an OC does something flashy against another OC, questions immediately arise. That’s because the opponent is worried that they might lose. They aren’t thinking how epic it looks story wise, they’re just thinking that it may cause their character to lose. If the battle was pre-planned, no one would have to worry about this and could just focus on making an epic battle or a battle focused on developing the story.
Some can be planned, but some just can’t in order to maintain interest in a fight
If you want too maintain interest, just have the battlers discuss it amongst themselves.

Except literally everyone’s complaining about how op my OCs are getting and they’re getting op quickly so quickly that people feel I just want that
Because you are going pretty quickly... the whole EMS and Susanoo thing is unnerving people because that's stuff for like...after the first 5 or 6 time skips (depending on how long those time skips are).

We aren't even 1 month into the RP and Raiku has advanced his Sharingan by 1 tomoe, and that's considering he started at 2 tomoe. It just looks a bit rushed. Most of our characters got their 'power boost' by training over the break before the final round of the Chūnin Exams. Sagisō got to learn the gentle fist, Azumi learned the Shadow possession, Kiro perfected his LCM, Taiyo sorta perfect FBS.

You just need to go one step at a time, no one's in a rush to get all OP.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
And if we did pre plan battles, I’m pretty sure there would be a lot less complaining and questioning about what the fighters do. In fact, there would be a lot more room for epic fight scenes as well as bad ass character moments. As of right now, everytime an OC does something flashy against another OC, questions immediately arise. That’s because the opponent is worried that they might lose. They aren’t thinking how epic it looks story wise, they’re just thinking that it may cause their character to lose. If the battle was pre-planned, no one would have to worry about this and could just focus on making an epic battle or a battle focused on developing the story.

If you want too maintain interest, just have the battlers discuss it amongst themselves.

No...as the minato fight hadn’t been discussed into it was brought up how it should end. The Katsuo Zaku fight didn’t have any questions, the Hashima Sakura, etc. it’s just you’ve have the biggest discussion about your fight in this Rp and it seems that way to you

Problem is I just can't. I have to control the entire Konoha alliance basically for this invasion arc so between that and my multiple characters I can't just focus on developing them all at the same time. First it was Tomiko who got the focus, then Azumi and now...nobody, cause I had to focus on Minato and like 3 other events to make this invasion work.

The prelim fight I had to auto because Platinum was not in. If he was fighting Azumi may not have made it to the finals XD
That's the point. It's not really a 'my characters can't get stronger because I'm not as good an RPer as everyone else' it's 'I have 20+ characters and it's nigh impossible to progress them all at the rate of other's 1 or 2 main characters.'

That said, your problem doesn't really fit into the mold of this discussion and has nothing to do with tactics and Rping skills or what not.

That's the point. It's not really a 'my characters can't get stronger because I'm not as good an RPer as everyone else' it's 'I have 20+ characters and it's nigh impossible to progress them all at the rate of other's 1 or 2 main characters.'

That said, your problem doesn't really fit into the mold of this discussion and has nothing to do with tactics and Rping skills or what not.

I mean my Tomiko fight ended the way it did because my lack of tactics and as I said I lost every fight except Azumi ones against other Rpers. Even one of Azumi're prelim fights was against someone I had to emergency auto.

I mean my Tomiko fight ended the way it did because my lack of tactics and as I said I lost every fight except Azumi ones against other Rpers. Even one of Azumi're prelim fights was against someone I had to emergency auto.

Kinda more luck too tbh.

Look at Kai, he lost against every Oc he ever fought XD Hashima, Sagiso, even Katsuo to an extent. Sometimes we just get bad luck, bad tactics, or matchups.

and you've learned from the fight no? Your tactics in Azumi's next fights were good enough to score you the wins.

We'll all progress as we continue to RP, everyone will have picked up a thing or two by the time we get further on into the story.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Because you are going pretty quickly... the whole EMS and Susanoo thing is unnerving people because that's stuff for like...after the first 5 or 6 time skips (depending on how long those time skips are).

We aren't even 1 month into the RP and Raiku has advanced his Sharingan by 1 tomoe, and that's considering he started at 2 tomoe. It just looks a bit rushed. Most of our characters got their 'power boost' by training over the break before the final round of the Chūnin Exams. Sagisō got to learn the gentle fist, Azumi learned the Shadow possession, Kiro perfected his LCM, Taiyo sorta perfect FBS.

You just need to go one step at a time, no one's in a rush to get all OP.
ok so what you're saying is... cut the amount of powers I had planned in half and not get anything new that can make Raiku be able to put up a fight until a month?

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
No, I'm saying pace yourself more reasonably. Don't learn 10 abilities in the time everyone else took to learn 1.
Well at this point it seems that I have to cut the amount of stuff I had planned in half because originally it was one month for the training, and I thought this RP in the RP time would be like 4 years at least because in real life that's the amount of time it takes for 1 war. And when I was Plot Planning crazy it was 2 wars. Now in ONE MONTH we're gonna be doing a tailed beast hunt. To me it seems like this entire RP will be over in like one year in RP time and everyone will be Kage level by then. Doesn't give much chance for characters to grow
Basically, the character doesn't shine if they don't win? Is that what you're saying?
I agree if that's the case.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Added to the fact that people don't like the "OP" abilities in the first place and that the "fourth shinobi war" that might not even happen is gonna end in like ONE MONTH because of the betrayal it seems like there's barely gonna be any plot. And the little amount of time we're gonna have in between plot events will limit the capabilities of my OCs and what they can learn. I feel like nobody would be complaining right now about the crow summoning if it was one month. And the three tomoe complaining also makes me feel like I should've never done it in the first place.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
No, I'm saying pace yourself more reasonably. Don't learn 10 abilities in the time everyone else took to learn 1.
I only really learned crow summoning and everyone started complaining. That and three tomoe but it's not like you can gradually get three tomoe in the first place. And if that pace is horrible then how am I even supposed to improve if I myself don't see a problem and if I do I don't see how to fix it.

Not always. But constantly losing over and over again does nothing either. Constantly "learning from your mistakes and taking a defeat as a lesson" only goes so far if they keep losing.
There really haven't been enough battles for you to make that judgment though...

Well at this point it seems that I have to cut the amount of stuff I had planned in half because originally it was one month for the training, and I thought this RP in the RP time would be like 4 years at least because in real life that's the amount of time it takes for 1 war. And when I was Plot Planning crazy it was 2 wars. Now in ONE MONTH we're gonna be doing a tailed beast hunt. To me it seems like this entire RP will be over in like one year in RP time and everyone will be Kage level by then. Doesn't give much chance for characters to grow
There will be a lot of time in RP for you to do whatever plans you have, the RP isn't progressing as fast as you think it is. We started with the going Genin-Chunin, but it'll take a lot of time for any of our characters to even reach Jonin level, much less Kage.

Also, explain this Tailed Beast Hunt. Cause none of our OCs are capable of hunting a tailed beast.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
There will be a lot of time in RP for you to do whatever plans you have, the RP isn't progressing as fast as you think it is. We started with the going Genin-Chunin, but it'll take a lot of time for any of our characters to even reach Jonin level, much less Kage.

Also, explain this Tailed Beast Hunt. Cause none of our OCs are capable of hunting a tailed beast.
That really didn't help me see how the end of this RP won't take a long time in RP time. That also didn't help in how there's barely any time to learn/train and get stronger for our OC's "time to shine" in battles.

Added to the fact that people don't like the "OP" abilities in the first place and that the "fourth shinobi war" that might not even happen is gonna end in like ONE MONTH because of the betrayal it seems like there's barely gonna be any plot. And the little amount of time we're gonna have in between plot events will limit the capabilities of my OCs and what they can learn. I feel like nobody would be complaining right now about the crow summoning if it was one month. And the three tomoe complaining also makes me feel like I should've never done it in the first place.
you're assuming too many things, the war will not just up and end before it's even had time to start up. Not every arc is going to go as fast as the Chūnin exams, most are set to take way longer. We've only done basic overviews of the arcs. When we actually get to the arcs we'll play them out at a good pace, you don't have to worry so much.

ok so we're scrapping the gyuki seven swordsman wave arc?
How the hell did you get to that assumption from me asking you to explain the arc?

I only really learned crow summoning and everyone started complaining. That and three tomoe but it's not like you can gradually get three tomoe in the first place. And if that pace is horrible then how am I even supposed to improve if I myself don't see a problem and if I do I don't see how to fix it.
The summoning was fine, nobody complained about that one. But when you combine it with a 3 tomoe Sharingan genjutsu then people start getting uneasy. I personally don't mind much since the jutsu balances itself. Genin level Sarada can barely keep her 1 tomoe sharingan open for more than 10 mins.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Genin level Sarada can barely keep her 1 tomoe sharingan open for more than 10 mins.
next post im gonna run out of chakra with three tomoe and faint effectively making me completely useless for this entire arc.
you're assuming too many things, the war will not just up and end before it's even had time to start up. Not every arc is going to go as fast as the Chūnin exams, most are set to take way longer. We've only done basic overviews of the arcs. When we actually get to the arcs we'll play them out at a good pace, you don't have to worry so much.
they may not go as fast but they will happen too fast for my characters to grow from what I'm seeing. And that doesn't add up well with the fact that already my characters are at the bottom.

How the hell did you get to that assumption from me asking you to explain the arc?

The summoning was fine, nobody complained about that one. But when you combine it with a 3 tomoe Sharingan genjutsu then people start getting uneasy. I personally don't mind much since the jutsu balances itself. Genin level Sarada can barely keep her 1 tomoe sharingan open for more than 10 mins.

I can explain it. Basically after the evens of the invasion, it’s a warning call to other nations to stock up arms, especially since orochiamru and two jinchurki’s, so nations week out to get tailed beasts of their own for defensive measures.

The eight tails is a target, and ninja are sent over to reclaim it, working in teams so they can subdue the target. However some nations may have agendas, such as :protect the jinchurki, Kill the jinchurki, capture it, handicap it, absorb it, etc

next post im gonna run out of chakra with three tomoe and faint effectively making me completely useless for this entire arc.

they may not go as fast but they will happen too fast for my characters to grow from what I'm seeing. And that doesn't add up well with the fact that already my characters are at the bottom.
Why even give yourself 3 tomoe so early, to begin with?

and it's a tournament, you know that things that's supposed to end in like 1-3 days? How much growth were you expecting? We had a brief 2 weeks-ish period of training before the tournament but seriously, how much growth were you expecting from 2 weeks of training and a tournament that didn't even last 1 day...

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Why even give yourself 3 tomoe so early, to begin with?

and it's a tournament, you know that things that's supposed to end in like 1-3 days? How much growth were you expecting? We had a brief 2 weeks-ish period of training before the tournament but seriously, how much growth were you expecting from 2 weeks of training and a tournament that didn't even last 1 day...
at least being able to learn a jutsu. Like seriously. and 3 tomoe because I was planning on something like the uchiha clan also being attacked and him watching his family get killed but you know I was waaaay off course and now it made me worse.

I can explain it. Basically after the evens of the invasion, it’s a warning call to other nations to stock up arms, especially since orochiamru and two jinchurki’s, so nations week out to get tailed beasts of their own for defensive measures.

The eight tails is a target, and ninja are sent over to reclaim it, working in teams so they can subdue the target. However some nations may have agendas, such as :protect the jinchurki, Kill the jinchurki, capture it, handicap it, absorb it, etc
That's another Arc that depends on how we handle it. Whoever has the Jinchuriki could easily hide it and we'd first have to spend weeks to months just looking for them. or they could be out in the open with a giant target on their back that says 'eight tails here' in which case the arc would end in a couple days.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Don't do that. The battle just started, let Raiku fight this. Could be good for him.
ehh he's the weakest oc for a while and probably never gonna go higher cuz we only get like one month before next plot event. until like at the end of the rp where I can get regular mangekyo cuz three tomoe is too early. its not like he can fight anyone and I originally planned for the other "losers" to get their chance to shine now.

That's another Arc that depends on how we handle it. Whoever has the Jinchuriki could easily hide it and we'd first have to spend weeks to months just looking for them. or they could be out in the open with a giant target on their back that says 'eight tails here' in which case the arc would end in a couple days.

Depending, but we would need someone to control said jinchurki. But that’s a bridge small cross when we get there

at least being able to learn a jutsu. Like seriously. and 3 tomoe because I was planning on something like the uchiha clan also being attacked and him watching his family get killed but you know I was waaaay off course and now it made me worse.
You got to learn summoning jutsu, and whatever comes with it, and no one asked you to KO your character and we didn't say you couldn't have 3 tomoe either. But it does consume a lot of charka so we're hinting that you shouldn't run around with 3 tomoe active while spamming large jutsu.