• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
OK, so let's see the people that are from the Leaf, since they are potential team members. (but we also have to deal with the sensei)
I'm doing activity, and then relationship

Taiyo - Hasn't started the Exams, Friend of Raiku (?)
Shizi - Hasn't appeared in the RP, ???
Katsuo, Finished First Exam, Hasn't interacted with Raiku
Chikao - Has started the Exams, but hasn't done anything in the Exams, Clanmate of Raiku, Raiku sort of tried to help him with Kiro
AUSakura - I uh honestly don't know where she is right now, Academy Classmate of Raiku, (aren't all of them classmates?) Raiku sort of tried to interact, but then she had her attention to Sagiso
Ryo - Passed the First Exam, interacted with Raiku
Haru - Failed the First Exam, Hasn't interacted with Raiku

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
I personally don’t think they are necessary, then again I’m not really effected so whatever everyone decides. Though I think it might make things unnecessarily complicated

So are we doing teams for the Forest of Death? Sorry, I haven't been getting notifications for this thread and missed a ton.

But the Forest of Death stage is meant to be done in teams - are we changing that or just choosing our team mates?

(Also, Ryo is open to being in any team really. He is a Yamanaka who is practicing Medial Ninjutsu, so he's better on in a team setting in order to be useful lol)

I’d imagine that it would be solo, but I’m open to teams. We could have a random picker choose which teams. But should we do solo, two man cells, or three man cells?

Well we currently have 18 characters that have actively passed the first exam. By the time we get to the Forest, that means there will probably still be a good amount of characters. So maybe Three Man ?

I'm okay with Solo as well, though. It would just take a while.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I really like the idea of teams. It could be like, you, Shen, randomly pick our scrolls. Then if our OC's with the same scroll meet, they can form a team.

That’s a distinct possibility, I could be down for that idea. However there could be people in the exam that would just like killing or taking people out of the competition no matter what scroll they have

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Well, it's against the rules to kill another RPer without their permission. NPC's are probably a bit more lenient, but I just think it'd be very dumb for people that have the same scrolls to unnecessarily fight. Also added to the fact it'd be a waste of time for everyone.

Take a look at the sound trio who tried to eliminate 3 teams just because they could, or The sand siblings which nearly tried to do the same thing. It happens sometimes, and could lead to crippling others for the prelims, strategically.

Yep! And thats what the Exams are all about :up:

Ultimately I wouldn't worry about any of our characters dying from another Roleplayer, as that is 100% against the rules of the site and RP in general. All that could cause a problem is the crippling as you said, but thats what the competition is all about, being able to adapt and become a Chunin even through hardships.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
For us, wouldn't it just be a waste of time? I mean, sure in the third exam we fight, but we don't know that. If someone want's to spend some of the Forest of Death posts on someone that doesn't want to fight anymore, well that's their problem, but it's just going to end up being annoying, to be honest.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
In my opinion, fighting just to cripple someone in the Forest of Death is unnecessary, again, I do see your point in strategy, but still.

Think about it, if less can continue, that’s less competition. If you take out and or cripple people, the easier it will be to progress with crippled opponents. Also crippling can make it difficult for the crippled to get scrolls

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
If people want me to try to kill people and weaken them so they don't pass through, that's fine. I, as in my character, just wants to pass. If someone wants to do stuff so less competition, that's fine by me. You can even fight Hashima, if you want. I'm just saying, if you do, I'll try to get the fastest way, to leave, because I just simply do not want to partake in unnecessary fighting, even if it will benefit me later on.

Think about hunger games. They don’t WANT to fight, but doesn’t mean that others want try and take you out regardless of your wants :p it’s a game of hunt or be hunted

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Nothing you say will convince me for taking as minimal fighting as possible, at least in the Forest of Death. So many things could also kill you, wildlife, hunger, thirst. My character is more of a "get it done," type of person. I'd rather not half to deal with all these problems, come after me if you really find it that necessary. I hope it wastes your time more than it benefits you.

Eh, I just couldn't find a believable reason for any of my OCs to just...do what was asked in that part of the exam without questioning anything about it. Either due to insecurities about...doing the deed or just other questions of the process in general.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Once everyone was in from of their respected door, they flung open, each Ibiki shadow clone assigned to each room and pushed each genin in. Once inside, they were met with an alarming sight. There was a bagged man, covered in the black bag. He seemed to be struggling, deep grunts coming from inside of the bag. He was on a chair, struggling to break free of the bonds that were inside of the chair. Suddenly, the main Ibiki yelled from the outside.

“Remember, each hostage in each room is a wanted criminal, these criminals have invaluable information that the leaf village needs!”

With that, each door forcefully closed, the shadow clone Ibiki’s quickly moving in to block the doors, crossing their arms.

“This test is to prove your ingenuity about confronting a problem a plan, and overcoming it. In order to capture and subdue a hostage is essential for any chunin to know, and to do it without needing any hands-on skills are needed in many situations...”

He gestured toward the hostage that was bagged, struggling. The chair buckled a with every move of the hostage as Ibiki only snickered In response.

“Take this one for example. this one was has done some particularly horrifying things. Now for what you need to do. Bring him from Point A, to Point B. And then I’ll tell you what to do from there. The trick is though, you cannot touch him with your body parts.”

He pointed to a circle that didn’t seem like it was there before, at the end of the room on the floor. It said ‘B’ on it, just as the circle that you somehow didn’t notice you standing on said ‘A’.

“Now, adapt, find a way to bring him over there without touching him with your body parts. I’ll update you from there.”

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Eh, I just couldn't find a believable reason for any of my OCs to just...do what was asked in that part of the exam without questioning anything about it. Either due to insecurities about...doing the deed or just other questions of the process in general.
I just did, "Well he told me to, I don't see any reason not to." That's because ME, not my OC, forgot about what he said before, so I give you that but yeah that's the simple reason I nearly failed the entire exam for both my characters

This is what you should address when progressing to the second part:

All the different ibukis in The rooms that had passed the first section all stepped forward, closer to point B, stepping along the path that was unseen for the genin.

“Good, you’ve passed the first part. The first part was about your ingenuity skill and how to solve a problem, as well as studying your surroundings before you make a move.” The ibikis said in their own way. “Listening to directions and learning what they mean. Listening is important...so now I want you to listen...”

At this point ibiki made his way behind the genin, his cold breath on their shoulder as he offered an tense, but curiously unscarred Hand on their shoulder

“....”

“...Kill the Hostage.”