• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Every female character in Naruto got the short end of the stick in Shippuden. The single greatest feat performed by a female character is what..? Sakura and Chiyo beating Sasori? and no one really thinks Sakura could 1 vs 1 Sasori...

Hence why I think I unconsciously made all my major OCs outside of Kenji female. They really got screwed over in this series. Seems to be a common theme among Battle Shonen. My Hero Academia's girls leave lot to be desired and I love that show.

Punching the goddess of shinobi on the head to allow her to be sealed... lel that probably doesn’t count tho
Nah, cause it's pretty much established beforehand that if Sakura wasn't there nothing would've changed. This one page explains everything.

naruto_ch676_p004.png

Like, Kishi didn't even give Sakura a chance. She doesn't even get a single panel of combat with Madara, she just gets casually one shotted, not even by a jutsu. You're gonna claim that this same Sakura could do anything to Kaguya..? lmao, Kishi just made Sakura a joke in comparison to the rest of team 7.

I think in an interview, Kishi stated that he never planned for Sakura to be such an important character and even eventually regretting creating her...

That makes it worse.

He clearly established her as a main along with Sasuke and Kakashi. That seems more like an excuse to justify poor writing of the main heroine. If he never planned for Sakura to be important Kishi would have made it three man squads rather than four.

The only thing Sakura has going for her is that she could probably beat some of the other members of the Konoha 11, like maybe Kiba or someone fodder like that. It's pretty bad when previous almost MC level characters are fodder level...

On the note, no, I don't think Sakura could 1 vs 1 Hinata.

Or, to be more precise I think it'd depend on circumstances. Whoever gets the first hit in wins, because Hinata can't take a blow from Sakura and if Sakura so much as gets touched by Hinata it's 64 palms and a done deal.

That makes it worse.

He clearly established her as a main along with Sasuke and Kakashi. That seems more like an excuse to justify poor writing of the main heroine. If he never planned for Sakura to be important Kishi would have made it three man squads rather than four.
I think he'd actually said he'd forgotten about her... but I'm not too savvy on these author statements.

The only thing Sakura has going for her is that she could probably beat some of the other members of the Konoha 11, like maybe Kiba or someone fodder like that. It's pretty bad when previous almost MC level characters are fodder level...

On the note, no, I don't think Sakura could 1 vs 1 Hinata.

Or, to be more precise I think it'd depend on circumstances. Whoever gets the first hit in wins, because Hinata can't take a blow from Sakura and if Sakura so much as gets touched by Hinata it's 64 palms and a done deal.

Hinata became a non-active housewife. Sakura would stomp Hinata as they are now, and in the manga Hinata got one shotted by a weakened Pain much as Sakura got one shot by Madara.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Truly the best way to see which useless kunoichi is better. Who’s the stronger person that they get one shotted by. Works every time to tell EXACTLY how strong never fighting kunoichi are.

Ps Hinata would see the attack coming and proceed to wreck Sakura

Hinata became a non-active housewife. Sakura would stomp Hinata as they are now, and in the manga Hinata got one shotted by a weakened Pain much as Sakura got one shot by Madara.
Yea, Boruto era Hinata would probably lose...maybe she does have Hamura's chakra from the Last movie... don't really know what she's capable of.

But every other scenario Sakura loses 7/10 times. I think that fact that Hinata actually attacked Pain instead of sitting on her knees and screaming for Naruto makes her waaaaay better than Sakura already.

Edit: Though that's probably likability rather than combat strength...

For the record Hinata trained Boruto... so~?

Hinata is getting way overrated by you guys XD. She sucks as a fighter and your basis for her doing the things you claim she can do really are unfounded. But is still best girl.

There's also a massive difference between God Madara and a weakened Path Pain in terms of who they get stomped by. And this is not who is better as in canon they both got written like trash. But Hinata's entire personality was dependent on Naruto. Half her dialogue was "Naruto-kun" and literally everything about her revolved around him. Even Sakura had her relationship with Ino in her childhood as something else.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Wait didn’t she also get one shotted by madara? Lol nvm but she still stronger than kurama at least hamawari level cuz she one shot Naruto still

Hinata is getting way overrated by you guys XD. She sucks as a fighter and your basis for her doing the things you claim she can do really are unfounded. But is still best girl.

There's also a massive difference between God Madara and a weakened Path Pain in terms of who they get stomped by. And this is not who is better as in canon they both got written like trash. But Hinata's entire personality was dependent on Naruto. Half her dialogue was "Naruto-kun" and literally everything about her revolved around him. Even Sakura had her relationship with Ino in her childhood as something else.
Nah, Hinata can perform the 64 palms and that's honestly enough.

To be perfectly honest part 1 Hinata did better against Neji than Naruto would've done without Kyuubi power-ups, and Hinata managed to beat Guren so that's decent.

Nah, Hinata can perform the 64 palms and that's honestly enough.

To be perfectly honest part 1 Hinata did better against Neji than Naruto would've done without Kyuubi power-ups, and Hinata managed to beat Guren so that's decent.

I don't think learning a clan technique makes a character better than another. Sakura learned Tsunade's seal technique which is more impressive.

Hinata didn't get a shot in on Neji. And the ones she landed was only after he blocked her points already. The only thing admirable about it was her refusal to give up which is matched by Naruto in literally any stage of his life.

I don't think learning a clan technique makes a character better than another. Sakura learned Tsunade's seal technique which is more impressive.

Hinata didn't get a shot in on Neji. And the ones she landed was only after he blocked her points already. The only thing admirable about it was her refusal to give up which is matched by Naruto in literally any stage of his life.
I meant over all the ability to shut down chakra points would devastate a fighter like Sakura, especially since she doesn't necessarily have an outside source of chakra like Naruto and Sasuke would, which are the Kyuubi and curse mark respectively. Not really sure how the 100 Seals works, but if it doesn't count as a completely outside source, Hinata's first hit on Sakura would signify the end of the match, though the same is true for the reverse, however, considering Hinata can shut down chakra points from a distance with the Vacuum Palm... I'd say there's more chance of Hinata coming out on top, and the Twin Lion Steps eat chakra.

That being the case, if the Hundred sealings does act as an outside source of chakra, then Sakura would totally get the win.

Well, all things considered, I think Hanabi could probably take both of them out, but that remains to be seen. I'm talking Boruto era Hanabi.

Anything pre-Shippuden is Hinata 100% though.

I meant over all the ability to shut down chakra points would devastate a fighter like Sakura, especially since she doesn't necessarily have an outside source of chakra like Naruto and Sasuke would, where are the Kyuubi and curse mark respectively. Not really sure how the 100 Seals works, but if it doesn't count as a completely outside source, Hinata's first hit on Sakura would signify the end of the match, though the same is true for the reverse, however, considering Hinata can shut down chakra points from a distance with the Vacuum Palm... I'd say there's more chance of Hinata coming out on top, and the Twin Lion Steps eat chakra.

Well, all things considered, I think Hanabi could probably take both of them out, but that remains to be seen. I'm talking Boruto era Hanabi.

Anything pre-Shippuden is Hinata 100% though.

That's assuming Hinata gets a hit. Sakura's physicals are on another tier than hers.

But it doesn't matter. All female characters in Naruto are misused or underwhelming. Honestly if one looks past the fan-service, a series like Fairy Tail handles female characters infinitely better than Naruto ever did. Someone like Erza Scarlet (Badass female with her own story arc, keeps up with the protag/rival and gets constant cool fights) is what Naruto needed and what we never got.

That's assuming Hinata gets a hit. Sakura's physicals are on another tier than hers.

But it doesn't matter. All female characters in Naruto are misused or underwhelming. Honestly if one looks past the fan-service, a series like Fairy Tail handles female characters infinitely better than Naruto ever did. Someone like Erza Scarlet (Badass female with her own story arc, keeps up with the protag/rival and gets constant cool fights) is what Naruto needed and what we never got.
Personally, I think Hinata out-speeds Sakura, but that's up for debate. Doubt Sakura's gonna have a good time hitting her either but, it could go either way depending on who gets in the first blow.

There aren't really that many anime that handle their female leads well, or puts them anywhere near the level of the male lead... the few I can think of off the top of my head are Mondaiji, and Medaka box, and for mondaiji ( which is ~♥ btw) the female leads don't really get that strong until the later volumes of the light novel.

Personally, I think Hinata out-speeds Sakura, but that's up for debate. Doubt Sakura's gonna have a good time hitting her either but, it could go either way depending on who gets in the first blow.

There aren't really that many anime that handle their female leads well, or puts them anywhere near the level of the male lead... the few I can think of off the top of my head are Mondaiji, and Medaka box, and for mondaiji ( which is ~♥ btw) the female leads don't really get that strong until the later volumes of the light novel.

Sakura dodged rapid fire needles from Sasosi. I don't think Hinata ever had anything comparable to that or ever fought someone Sakura did to scale off it. Her Byakugan might make up that difference but if anything Sakura out-speeds Hinata.

Kill la KIll & Fairy Tail are up there. Though both contain fan-service, but other than that the series handles their female leads well. Akame ga Kill as well.

Sakura dodged rapid fire needles from Sasosi. I don't think Hinata ever had anything comparable to that or ever fought someone Sakura did to scale off it. Her Byakugan might make up that difference but if anything Sakura out-speeds Hinata.

Kill la KIll & Fairy Tail are up there. Though both contain fan-service, but other than that the series handles their female leads well. Akame ga Kill as well.
The closest feat Hinata has is the protective 8 trigrams which was able to knock wasps out of the air, I can only assume she's much better after 2 years of training, but I wasn't necessarily talking about movement speed though that is a factor. Sakura might out-speed in movement speed, but Hinata's striking speed is way better, so she would fair better in taijutsu.

Wasn’t chiyo controlling her?
and this too, but I'd have to rewatch the fight to make absolutely sure before I bring up such a point.

The closest feat Hinata has is the protective 8 trigrams which was able to knock wasps out of the air, I can only assume she's much better after 2 years of training, but I wasn't necessarily talking about movement speed though that is a factor. Sakura might out-speed in movement speed, but Hinata's striking speed is way better, so she would fair better in taijutsu.

That is fine...but that moment was filler.

I mean if we count filler as feats for people that only causes more of a jumbled mess of canon & feats XD. You get stuff like Sasuke going rogue in an alternate storyline beating Kakashi at the same age of the Valley of the End and matching Sage Mode with just second stage curse mark.

But it is fair, filler is all some characters have to work with.

Well, either way, the greatest kunoichi is obviously Yugito, which'll probably change to Sarada or Himawari with Boruto.

Tayuya is my favorite. Almost beat Shikamaru who went undefeated in one on one fights (Yes I count Shikamaru's forfeit as a victory against Temari) and just had a personality I could get behind. Besides, she summons demons. Which is why I despise Temari XD

Tayuya is my favorite. Almost beat Shikamaru who went undefeated in one on one fights (Yes I count Shikamaru's forfeit as a victory against Temari) and just had a personality I could get behind. Besides, she summons demons. Which is why I despise Temari XD
Temari wasn't bad though, even she considers that match a loss. All Temari really did was stomp Tenten, but well... Tenten suffers from uselessness even more than Sakura does, she's just not a main character so it doesn't look as bad.

not sure I'd take it that far... I think she'd beat part 1 Ino and Sakura because I don't think Ino would be able to lock a mind transfer onto tenten which she's jumping around and showering her with weapons.

Plus I really can't argue that Ino or Sakura would've been able to do better against Temari. So I'd put them all on the same level as part 1 useless in 1 vs 1 combat. But Ino and Tenten are presumably more useful when in their teams because Ino-Shika-Cho and tenten would probably do the smart thing as stay in the back throwing Kunai while Neji and Lee do the real fighting. Sakura...remains useless even while in a team... which is pretty sad. Kishi shouldn't have done it like that. Though, everything changes in Shippuden.