• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Still in class, so I gotta post what I can, sorry for the mediocre post, especially since I had a post which essentially was just a post about a knife, lol I'm weird.

Fine, though for the record is my AU Sakura fights an Uchiha I would like her Genjutsu to not be completely ineffectual just because one has a Sharingan. Not that also means Sakura's Genjutsu should not always perfectly trap anyone she fights in an illusion. Balance is all I ask for.

Alright, got my characters in different areas.

Kenji & Sakura and Tomiko are going to smoke area kyuu's character made. Azumi is in a tree confronting Platinum's character and Madoka is by the river. Figured I should spread them out.

Sounds good man.

The real question is, as kyuu mentioned, with 18 characters we should cut it down to 16 for the Third Exam (Prelims and finals) for the tournament.

But which two characters will get the ax? That is the question.

Well, outside of interference putting a halt to it, seems like Zaku along with Soul and Zander's characters fight would likely result in an elimination.

And I am setting up Madoka for a fight with Neblix's character so one of them will probably go.

But too early to tell where those go.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Remember though, fights don’t always end in an elimination. They can end with the opponent being severely hampered, making getting scrolls difficult as well as making them battered for the prelims. Imagine if you broke someone’s bones before then, that would be a massive handicap.

Last edited:
He's a disciple of oorochimaru, so expect 1 or 2 slightly mary sue-ish traits. Not saying his character is a mary sue, its just a package deal with an oorochimaru backstory as you probably know.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Well then, to make it fair he could have a severely limited chakra amount where he has to use his sharigan sparingly, along with powerful moves. Or some other dampener

OOooh, another cool idea would be, perhaps you do have the 3 tomoe sharingan, but its only in one eye and the opposite side of your body is considered your 'weak' side. Just a few ideas. (I realize kakashi does just fine with one sharingan, but he's had years to practice with it. And sharingan or not we all know his depth perception must be shite)

Lel I don’t know what other RPs you’ve all been apart of but you’re all quick to assume someone will be a Mary Sue cuz they have a higher tier ability. I understand where you’re coming from though and now that I think of it, three tomoe is pretty OP for an Academy level student. But Kiro graduated the academy about one or two years ago since most graduate when they’re 12. It’s only now he’s taking the exam. Either way though, I like Zander’s first idea the best here. I’ll nerf it to 2 if that makes everything better. :up:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Well Katsuko can make clones so that may put the odds in his favor, also Zander, can Katsuko's clones be dranken without harm coming to the drinker?

I'll probably have Madoka join the frey to better Zander's odds and not make the fight so numerically one sided. Though it's interesting that Zaku and Taiyo are working together given they need each other's scrolls.

....a bold strategy if I say so myself.

Though it might be out of character for Madoka to just jump in a chaotic battle like this, so she'll probably observe first.