• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
She's not after you though, she'd prefer Suna or Kiri capture Yukimaru, so she's not really trying to kill him. Her main target for this is to hinder Iwa and Kuma ninja.
Thanks
upload_2018-6-27_15-47-50.png

She organized the fight, and she failed to not only catch kimimaro or Kabuto, but basically put her teammate on the chopping block to be Manda food
I'm not even gonna comment on that cause it's gonna be rude no matter how I phrase it, but she did rip through 2 Anbu puppets and was about to waste Kabuto's chakra network before things went south.

Seems I'll have to really display how much of a threat she is since her intro counts as a stain on her record.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
I'm not even gonna comment on that cause it's gonna be rude no matter how I phrase it, but she did rip through 2 Anbu puppets and was about to waste Kabuto's chakra network before things went south.

Seems I'll have to really display how much of a threat she is since her intro counts as a stain on her record.

Yeahhhh don’t want her turning into a joke right off the bat lol

Well, If @Godjacob isn't careful I'll be taking out one of those Kages. The Raikage seems the most likely to fall for her attacks and he's a target in her mind anyway.

I feel a Konoha nin trying to KILL a foreign Kage is a stupid idea when her goal should be just to keep the Jinchuriki out of his hands. Sparking a war between nations is not worth the protection of a third-party Jinchuriki.

I feel a Konoha nin trying to KILL a foreign Kage is a stupid idea when her goal should be just to keep the Jinchuriki out of his hands. Sparking a war between nations is not worth the protection of a third-party Jinchuriki.

Hm...directly attacking the leaders of other nations is like trump sucker punching Putin after a terrorist attack. Not the smartest idea lol

Hmm? Like they wouldn't attack Konoha already? The Uchiha massacre happened because Itachi and Shisui were very certain that Konoha would get attacked after a civil war. Kumo and Iwa are rather known for their bad history with Konoha so them taking the opportunity to attack Konoha and sparking a war was already pretty likely.

But taking a few steps back, I was talking more to temporarily immobilize them rather than outright kill. When your chakra network gets hit it usually temporarily immobilizes your body as well.

And a Jinchuriki has way more value than that. During the Hyuga incident Kumo threatened war just because they wanted a pair of byakugan, much less a tailed beast.

During the Hyuga incident a Kumo nin had captured Hinamatsuri and was subsequently killed by Hiashi, Kumo demanded Hiashi's head or risk war with them and Konoha swapped out with Hizashi whose byakugan had been sealed by the curse mark upon death.

The tailed beasts are very important Chips, especially considering that one of them is enough to threaten the existence of another village. Strictly speaking about Canon for this one, but Kumo, Kiri and Iwa already had 2 tailed beasts each, giving them another tailed beast would've collapsed the balance of power entirely. War definitely would've broken out once the aggressive factors of any of these villages realized they held 1/3 the total number of tailed beasts and were essentially unrivaled. When nations get power they have a tenancy to fault it through conquest.

That was a Canon scenario though, and I'm not too sure about the current distribution of tailed beasts. Orochimaru has 2 and Konoha still has the Nine tails, but the location of the other 6 severely affects the world's power balance.

Hmm? Like they wouldn't attack Konoha already? The Uchiha massacre happened because Itachi and Shisui were very certain that Konoha would get attacked after a civil war. Kumo and Iwa are rather known for their bad history with Konoha so them taking the opportunity to attack Konoha and sparking a war was already pretty likely.

But taking a few steps back, I was talking more to temporarily immobilize them rather than outright kill. When your chakra network gets hit it usually temporarily immobilizes your body as well.

And a Jinchuriki has way more value than that. During the Hyuga incident Kumo threatened war just because they wanted a pair of byakugan, much less a tailed beast.

During the Hyuga incident a Kumo nin had captured Hinamatsuri and was subsequently killed by Hiashi, Kumo demanded Hiashi's head or risk war with them and Konoha swapped out with Hizashi whose byakugan had been sealed by the curse mark upon death.

The tailed beasts are very important Chips, especially considering that one of them is enough to threaten the existence of another village. Strictly speaking about Canon for this one, but Kumo, Kiri and Iwa already had 2 tailed beasts each, giving them another tailed beast would've collapsed the balance of power entirely. War definitely would've broken out once the aggressive factors of any of these villages realized they held 1/3 the total number of tailed beasts and were essentially unrivaled. When nations get power they have a tenancy to fault it through conquest.

That was a Canon scenario though, and I'm not too sure about the current distribution of tailed beasts. Orochimaru has 2 and Konoha still has the Nine tails, but the location of the other 6 severely affects the world's power balance.

Hm....this brings up something which I just clarify:

Sound: 2- six and three
Leaf: 1- nine
Mist: 1- one
Clouds: 2- eight, five
Mist/Nadeshiko claim- 1 - two
Sand: 1- seven
Stone: 1- four

Not like they brought their entire military for the exams, and if the death of one Kage was enough to motivate them to go for war they would have done it after Hiruzen's death in canon.

That's assuming she hits Ay in LCM or it gets past his LCM itself.

Which given in canon we see how OP HALF of Kurama was, that "power balance" concern is a lot of garbage. You could stack every other tailed beast to the rest of the world and Konoah just keeps Kurama the the scale is horribly imbalanced to Konoha's favor.

And they may be important, but they are not worth starting a war over to try and kill a Kage when the beast in question is a third-party beast that none of the nations claim. Something worth trying to take in that moment? Sure. Something to fight other Kage to the death over for Konoha? Not so much given they try to avoid anything that could spark war at all costs. Danzo has not taken over yet after all.

Not like they brought their entire military for the exams, and if the death of one Kage was enough to motivate them to go for war they would have done it after Hiruzen's death in canon.

That's assuming she hits Ay in LCM or it gets past his LCM itself.

Which given in canon we see how OP HALF of Kurama was, that "power balance" concern is a lot of garbage. You could stack every other tailed beast to the rest of the world and Konoah just keeps Kurama the the scale is horribly imbalanced to Konoha's favor.

And they may be important, but they are not worth starting a war over to try and kill a Kage when the beast in question is a third-party beast that none of the nations claim. Something worth trying to take in that moment? Sure. Something to fight other Kage to the death over for Konoha? Not so much given they try to avoid anything that could spark war at all costs. Danzo has not taken over yet after all.
Go to war against who? Otogakure? They probably would've if the situation allowed it. Danzo and Orochimaru were in a partnership so Danzo's faction would've suppressed their intention to go to war and Hiruzen definitely isn't a friend of Konoha's war faction.

The reason he stepped down as Kage after the third great war was because he agreed to peace with Iwa.

Judging by the frequency of the great ninja wars, it's about time for another one to break out anyways. They're usually within 20 years of each other.

Konoha has had the most peaceful Kage ever since Hiruzen got the title, but the nation's are pretty war hungry.

I'm attacking him precisely because he's got LCM and relies on it like armor even though that isn't its original intended purpose. If the fact that 1) her nature (wind) suppresses lightning, 2) her Taijutsu style (gentle fist) is stated to be able to cut through chakra based substances, 3) Twin Lion Step absorbs chakra isn't enough to to break though LCM then that things almost a Susano.

Also I'm pretty sure the other villages didn't know the Nine Tails was on steroids other wise the original purpose of the tailed beast being distributed would've been rendered moot. Hashirama knew how strong the nine tails was but the other Kage were likely left in the dark about that.

And again, she's not trying to Kill a kage.

Go to war against who? Otogakure? They probably would've if the situation allowed it. Danzo and Orochimaru were in a partnership so Danzo's faction would've suppressed their intention to go to war and Hiruzen definitely isn't a friend of Konoha's war faction.

The reason he stepped down as Kage after the third great war was because he agreed to peace with Iwa.

Judging by the frequency of the great ninja wars, it's about time for another one to break out anyways. They're usually within 20 years of each other.

Konoha has had the most peaceful Kage ever since Hiruzen got the title, but the nation's are pretty war hungry.

I'm attacking him precisely because he's got LCM and relies on it like armor even though that isn't its original intended purpose. If the fact that 1) her nature (wind) suppresses lightning, 2) her Taijutsu style (gentle fist) is stated to be able to cut through chakra based substances, 3) Twin Lion Step absorbs chakra isn't enough to to break though LCM then that things almost a Susano.

Also I'm pretty sure the other villages didn't know the Nine Tails was on steroids other wise the original purpose of the tailed beast being distributed would've been rendered moot. Hashirama knew how strong the nine tails was but the other Kage were likely left in the dark about that.

And again, she's not trying to Kill a kage.

Danzo & Orochimaru lack their pack yet to this point so they are not allies yet. I just said that Minato's death alone would not be enough to drive Ay & Onoki to declare war on Konoha given they are by temsleves with only some select nin of their own on hand at that moment.

He stepped down because he had Minato and assumed the title when he died.

I think it's a bit premature to start a ninja world war after we just had an invasion arc myself. Seems repetitious to me.

Again, the main defense it has it is speed. And as we know the Sharingan (Which reads body movements & predicts them) can be countered if your opponent is faster and Ay is among the fastest ninja currently. Neji struggled to keep up with Naruto who used a tiny sliver of Kurama's power to increase his speed and they were around the same tier prior to that. Landing that strike is gonna be the incredibly hard part which was my main point. It did tank a Chidori on pure defense which I wager is more powerful than the Twin Lion Step (Which never did anything in canon).

Doesn't change the fact the balance thing was BS. Hashirama stacked the deck on Konoha's favor knowingly so it never mattered anyway so long as they kept Kurama. Konoha is likely the one nation that wouldn't risk starting international conflict over a tailed beast that isn't even their own. Just think it's one thing to try and play keep away with the beast it just seems another to ignore the fact it's on a rampage and just tried to kill her Kage and focus on the other Kage rather than the actual immediate threat.

Fair enough. Working on my post is tricky and I've had no time to work on it cause dad stuff. Sorry and apologies as I try to think of a way to respond to these attacks that satisfies everyone.

I’d imagine this would create an international arms race, making each nation want a tailed beast for as much as they can, fearing or preparing for a war to break out.

Each nation would want to have the upper hand when this breaks out, that principle inspired the eight tails arc. At this moment all nations are shaken, worried they’d be the next under attack. As most nations have a tailed beast, and like a nuke is dangerous for neighbors to have. The more nukes=more formidable.

But those nations in the leaf have no armies with them, so starting a war right there would be a uphill battle. Surrounded in enemy territory with other Kage in the room. If they were smart, they would go home and discuss this with a level head and better odds before anything breaks out.

Danzo & Orochimaru lack their pack yet to this point so they are not allies yet. I just said that Minato's death alone would not be enough to drive Ay & Onoki to declare war on Konoha given they are by themselves with only some select nin of their own on hand at that moment.
This I agree with, but when they get back to their villages that's an entirely different story, especially if they leave with a tailed beast, something which is the Naruto equivalent of a Nuclear War Head. On three separate occasions, the series has shown that people think a single tailed beast is sufficient to wipe out a ninja village.

Now before you start typing your retort, notice I used the word think. That doesn't mean they are able to wipe out nations but having one certainly does embolden a nation into thinking they can wipe out one of the others. Case in Point, Rin, Gaara, and Obito's attempts on the leaf.

He stepped down because he had Minato and assumed the title when he died.
Yes, that is true but the main thing I was getting at is that ending a war Konoha thought it could win was enough that the Hokage himself thought it was necessary for him to step down to deal with the backlash.
I think it's a bit premature to start a ninja world war after we just had an invasion arc myself. Seems repetitious to me.
I can agree with this.
Again, the main defense it has it is speed. And as we know the Sharingan (Which reads body movements & predicts them) can be countered if your opponent is faster and Ay is among the fastest ninja currently. Neji struggled to keep up with Naruto who used a tiny sliver of Kurama's power to increase his speed and they were around the same tier prior to that. Landing that strike is gonna be the incredibly hard part which was my main point. It did tank a Chidori on pure defense which I wager is more powerful than the Twin Lion Step (Which never did anything in canon).
Which is why I never intended to challenge him to a contest of speed in the first place. Hinagiku is set to take advantage of an opportunity in which his movement speed won't really factor into the equation. For example, attacking when he jumps back to dodge the rain of water needles.

The Chidori deals with piercing damage so I'd agree it's more powerful than the Twin Lion Step, but the combination of the gentle fist which allows its user to cut through chakra-based substances and the Twin Lions steps ability to absorb chakra means that against chakra-based armor the twin lion steps can do things the Chidori can only dream of accomplishing. It's a matter of effectiveness rather than sheer power.

Doesn't change the fact the balance thing was BS. Hashirama stacked the deck on Konoha's favor knowingly so it never mattered anyway so long as they kept Kurama. Konoha is likely the one nation that wouldn't risk starting international conflict over a tailed beast that isn't even their own. Just think it's one thing to try and play keep away with the beast it just seems another to ignore the fact it's on a rampage and just tried to kill her Kage and focus on the other Kage rather than the actual immediate threat.
Well, as long as the other nations thought the balance thing was true then it was effective.

Oh, and I didn't mean Konoha would start the war, but after getting a tailed beast Iwa and Kumo might certainly be raring to go.

My thought process isn't I need to have her kill this Kage to acquire a tailed beast so we can use it for war, but rather I need to take this kage out (of the fight) because if they do acquire the tailed beasts it's almost certainly going to lead to war.

Fair enough. Working on my post is tricky and I've had no time to work on it cause dad stuff. Sorry and apologies as I try to think of a way to respond to these attacks that satisfies everyone.

No worries, you've got the most characters and almost all of them have a massive influence on the direction of the plot. take your time.

This I agree with, but when they get back to their villages that's an entirely different story, especially if they leave with a tailed beast, something which is the Naruto equivalent of a Nuclear War Head. On three separate occasions, the series has shown that people think a single tailed beast is sufficient to wipe out a ninja village.

Now before you start typing your retort, notice I used the word think. That doesn't mean they are able to wipe out nations but having one certainly does embolden a nation into thinking they can wipe out one of the others. Case in Point, Rin, Gaara, and Obito's attempts on the leaf.

Yes, that is true but the main thing I was getting at is that ending a war Konoha thought it could win was enough that the Hokage himself thought it was necessary for him to step down to deal with the backlash.

I can agree with this.

Which is why I never intended to challenge him to a contest of speed in the first place. Hinagiku is set to take advantage of an opportunity in which his movement speed won't really factor into the equation. For example, attacking when he jumps back to dodge the rain of water needles.

The Chidori deals with piercing damage so I'd agree it's more powerful than the Twin Lion Step, but the combination of the gentle fist which allows its user to cut through chakra-based substances and the Twin Lions steps ability to absorb chakra means that against chakra-based armor the twin lion steps can do things the Chidori can only dream of accomplishing. It's a matter of effectiveness rather than sheer power.

Well, as long as the other nations thought the balance thing was true then it was effective.

Oh, and I didn't mean Konoha would start the war, but after getting a tailed beast Iwa and Kumo might certainly be raring to go.

My thought process isn't I need to have her kill this Kage to acquire a tailed beast so we can use it for war, but rather I need to take this kage out (of the fight) because if they do acquire the tailed beasts it's almost certainly going to lead to war.

No worries, you've got the most characters and almost all of them have a massive influence on the direction of the plot. take your time.

I'll just reply with that I think it's weird she cares so little about her injured Kage and does nothing against the beast that moments ago tried to kill him and made her target the other Kage for whatever her intent is. Her actions might spark the war itself rather than prevent it. And a Konoha-nin not affiliated with Danzo leaving Minato out to dry just feels antagonistic. Otherwise I agree with your points to a degree.

I'll just reply with that I think it's weird she cares so little about her injured Kage and does nothing against the beast that moments ago tried to kill him and made her target the other Kage for whatever her intent is. Her actions might spark the war itself rather than prevent it. And a Konoha-nin not affiliated with Danzo leaving Minato out to dry just feels antagonistic. Otherwise I agree with your points to a degree.
It's not that she doesn't care about Minato... but since Rasa, Kushina, and Shisui are protecting him her going over as well is kinda redundant. Since his protection is covered, the next best thing is to not strengthen our enemies, and I'm not even going to attempt taking out Yukimaru because if she actually does take him out I can already see the argument over how she managed to take out an enraged Biju tier OC. Why would I even do that to myself?

She doesn't appear to care at all because I'm probably too direct with my posts and I don't do that much monologue for my characters unless its a major point. All the reasoning when through my head and then only the end result ended up in the post. Probably one of my flaws in RPing, I'll try to fix it. (Also the reason my characters come off so 'unphased' as you put it.)

She doesn't appear to care at all because I'm probably too direct with my posts and I don't do that much monologue for my characters unless its a major point. All the reasoning when through my head and then only the end result ended up in the post. Probably one of my flaws in RPing, I'll try to fix it. (Also the reason my characters come off so 'unphased' as you put it.)

Oh not I didn't meant to critique you or anything I was just curious. That makes sense to me, not everyone spells out their emotions like I have Tomiko do with either dialogue, thinking or narration. I might do that a bit too much but again I don't want you to think I am complaining about your post or anything I just wanted to know so I got the full picture.

Oh not I didn't meant to critique you or anything I was just curious. That makes sense to me, not everyone spells out their emotions like I have Tomiko do with either dialogue, thinking or narration. I might do that a bit too much but again I don't want you to think I am complaining about your post or anything I just wanted to know so I got the full picture.
Honest criticism never hurt anyone, and if it helps improve my writing and RPing skills while also smoothly progressing the RP then its even welcomed.

Think that might be an issue. My characters seem to cover the most plot progression or at least have an uneven share of it I take away from the rest of you guys. And I don't want to deny spotlight access to any of you.

Don’t worry, you don’t cover too much to overshadow us all haha. Even though Tomiko and Azumi make the bar a bit high.

Kai, Sagiso, and Yasu have pretty flushed out backstories and goals

Think that might be an issue. My characters seem to cover the most plot progression or at least have an uneven share of it I take away from the rest of you guys. And I don't want to deny spotlight access to any of you.
yea, this is a good point, I think we should split who controls some of those Kage, and it'll help move the battle along quickly without us needed to wait for you to move each one of your 20 characters lol (no offense)

We don’t know if konoha has kurama because @Retro Master hasn’t made the oc yet and even if they did they’d still only have 1 tailed beast and in this au all bijus are equal in strength so they’d be weaker than oto who has 2

No nation realized (or at least shared/communicates) that they had lost a beast to the sound, so it was a complete surprise that they had them, causing a major power imbalance

We don’t know if konoha has kurama because @Retro Master hasn’t made the oc yet and even if they did they’d still only have 1 tailed beast and in this au all bijus are equal in strength so they’d be weaker than oto who has 2

I can make one if Retro doesn't feel up to it.

And I agree on splitting the Kage for the future. Though I want to keep Onoki, cause he'll be important for Tomiko's story down the road.