• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Yeah but then someone is gonna call Kiro op if he manages to even beat one Anbu, let alone face off against an entire group. I feel it’s just hard to showcase strength at this stage against strong opponents without someone calling Kiro a Mary Sue or something. Like what’s really the point of showcasing a new power if A: Your character shouldn’t be allowed to win or B: They put up a good fight and then they’re now too op and needs to be nerfed. Which one is it?

I’d say he hasn’t shown off all his power yet. Plus everyone was a little down-traughten by the Azumi fight with him, showing that he really isn’t OP. Anbu aren’t chasing them at the moment, and besides, he’s with a division of sound personnel, he’ll have support most likely. Mostly genin are going to be chasing after the group Kiro is with anyway so.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Didn't Yukimaru just used the biju chakra to get rid of the chains when kushina captured yukimaru and you controlled him? I just didn't want to do that in case someone gets mad...

Why are genin being sent to chase a bunch of jonin level war criminals? During war times, genin were usually reserved until absolutely necessary.

Most of the villages haven’t brought an army, as said besides the leaf. So they use what they have by bringing the genin they had brought to the tournament. It’s emergency times so they would use what they have at their disposal

do you not understand what version 2 does... Literally it's caused by rage.
You made him go in that state, he had a level head before going in.
Didn't Yukimaru just used the biju chakra to get rid of the chains when kushina captured yukimaru and you controlled him? I just didn't want to do that in case someone gets mad...
No, she partially wrapped trhe chains around Kin, stopping her utterly. it took her and Yukimaru to destroy them together.

Most of the villages haven’t brought an army, as said besides the leaf. So they use what they have by bringing the genin they had brought to the tournament. It’s emergency times so they would use what they have at their disposal
For the other villages, it really isn’t an emergency as the Sound are the ones who are retreating. They don’t have to chase them off. The Leaf are the only big village in an emergency state, the others don’t need to chase the Sound. Even if they wanted too, they’re basically sending their genin to an unnecessary death.

For the other villages, it really isn’t an emergency as the Sound are the ones who are retreating. They don’t have to chase them off. The Leaf are the only big village in an emergency state, the others don’t need to chase the Sound. Even if they wanted too, they’re basically sending their genin to an unnecessary death.

Not true. They are shaken by the attack and desire the jinchurki so that they would have more of a chance against an attack. If they have more tailed beasts, they would be more untouchable. Not only that, but to cripple the forces of the sound so they won’t attack their nation. Possibly to track down Orochiamru’s remaining body and contain him.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
adamantine chains: can capture kurama and not even a kage can break through. well i dont want to get captured cuz to me thats the equivalent of killing off an oc so what SHOULD i do? I also want to end this arc.

adamantine chains: can capture kurama and not even a kage can break through. well i dont want to get captured cuz to me thats the equivalent of killing off an oc so what SHOULD i do? I also want to end this arc.

Well you put yourself in this situation so. I think you may have to go with your decision unless you have an idea to break yourself out. Capture doesn’t neccicarily mean death however.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Well I could just ask to use the chakra/3 tails (the tails itself not the biju) to @Godjacob and they can tell me if that's enough. These battles are more important than the chunin exams. So it's not like getting outsmarted is something that's not as important.

Not true. They are shaken by the attack and desire the jinchurki so that they would have more of a chance against an attack. If they have more tailed beasts, they would be more untouchable. Not only that, but to cripple the forces of the sound so they won’t attack their nation. Possibly to track down Orochiamru’s remaining body and contain him.
And they’re sending genin to do this? Unless those genin are protected by plot armor, I don’t see what’s stopping the Sound from killing them. Even then, are genin going to even stand a chance at capturing a jinchuriki? Ik the Sound failed at the invasion but are the Sound forces really that weak right now, that genin will be able to cripple them? To me this seems like overkill and if every village actually went for the Sound, I don’t see why they wouldn’t just completely obliterate them. It will literally take another few days for the villages to mobilize their armies if they wanted to and just wipe the Sound off the face of the ninja world if they’re that weak.

And they’re sending genin to this? Unless those genin are protected by plot armor, I don’t see what’s stopping the Sound from killing them. Even then, are genin going to even stand a chance at capturing a jinchuriki? Ik the Sound failed at the invasion but are the Sound forces really that weak right now, that genin will be able to cripple them? To me this seems like overkill and if every village actually went for the Sound, I don’t see why they wouldn’t just completely obliterate them. It will literally take another few days for the villages to mobilize their armies if they wanted to and just wipe the Sound off the face of the ninja world if they’re that weak.

Except that the sound village is hidden, and scattered. No one has any idea where their village is. So here is a rare and limited opportunity to trace and kill them before they can get back to their secret base.

And kin was damaged to the point of unconsciousness, so she’s pretty injured. And taking out the orchestrater, Orochimaru, in this limited time where he physically can’t fight is a prime resource that many villages would go after. And many genin will go, not all of them surviving, but will try to finish their task.

Except that the sound village is hidden, and scattered. No one has any idea where their village is. So here is a rare and limited opportunity to trace and kill them before they can get back to their secret base.
These points seem to kind of contradict each other. At first you’re saying that the village is hidden and no one knows where it is, which is the counter to my point saying that the other villages could destroy them. Which is why they’re trying to tail them and learn the location. That makes sense and is understandable. But then you say to kill them before they get back to their secret base. If they get killed before they get to their secret base, how are the villages going to find the secret base?
And kin was damaged to the point of unconsciousness, so she’s pretty injured. And taking out the orchestrater, Orochimaru, in this limited time where he physically can’t fight is a prime resource that many villages would go after. And many genin will go, not all of them surviving, but will try to finish their task.
So is the Sound weak enough for genin to succeed in this task?

These points seem to kind of contradict each other. At first you’re saying that the village is hidden and no one knows where it is, which is the counter to my point saying that the other villages could destroy them. Which is why they’re trying to tail them and learn the location. That makes sense and is understandable. But then you say to kill them before they get back to their secret base. If they get killed before they get to their secret base, how are the villages going to find the secret base?

So is the Sound weak enough for genin to succeed in this task?

You could also technically try to trace them. But the Sasuke recovery team it was hinted by Kakashi that if they had crossed the great divide that they would be in sound territory, no doubt rigged with traps for invaders. So that’s an unlikely scenario.

Seeing as how eight genin took out the sound four in canon I’m sure they could do something. It’s basically a special operation to quickly claim some assets and leave, or kill prime people. Basically trying to stay minimally exposed for the maximum amount of time to prevent being murdered