• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who would she care for the most? Kenji cause of the cave stuff, or someone else?
Well yea, probably just him or those from longhand. I was considering whether her personality would have her save the others, but after considering the direction she's going to be developing in she likely wouldn't save them.

...a...a quarter mile? What on earth? I thought she was in the bushes near the fighting area? She was traveling with yasu’s Group after all.
Furījia

Learning from her past mistakes, Furījia had retreated further, putting a whole 250m between herself and Kenji's team. She'd further concealed herself with shrubbery and was practically undetectable for anyone present at that confrontation. At a distance quarter of a kilometer away from the tense group of people, Furījia watched the proceedings without blinking, awaiting any hints that a fight would break out.
She was supposed to be tailing Kenji's group, so I'd initially had her be 50m behind them. Since she got found out way too easily I adjusted that to 1/4 Kilometer.
Furījia

A gleam of queasiness flashing through her eyes, the Hyūga heiress took action, dropping from her perch on the branches she took off like a bounding leopard- in the completely opposite direction. Taking even more distance from the location of the fight, she disappeared between the forest undergrowth, circling around to flank Kiro and Zaku's position. Every so often she would flick a set of kunai, pinning them to the surrounding trees with dull thuds. Each Kunai was coated with a thin metal wire, swiftly turning the forest into a net of trip and trap wires. She worked her way around on a tangent, aiming to draw a triangular net of wires to encase their foes.
In this post here she retreated even further before placing the wires. She's somewhere 250-300m away from the fight.

While I said she'd try to save them, thas's only try. If they're facing any immediate threat of death then there's no way she'll reach in time, so I wouldn't bank on her saving anyone.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Hm. Well it doesn’t make any reference to the distance so there was no way I could have known that. It only says to trailer the parimeter. While i’ll Try to remember that in the future, it’s a bit jarring

Your characters have had zero investment to do literally anything in every single arc we've had XD
I can't really say I've seen much reason to involve them. It's a combination of thier personalities and thier loyalties.

Sagisō is only fighting because she literally has no choice in the matter :T, she's the type of wandering character who's only loyalties lie with her village and family, neither of which require her to engage the sound.

If she wasn't a Hyuga then she actually would've followed Azumi, who's the only close friend she has a good reason to fight for.

Kiro doesn't fall under that category because of her own stance on power. Her lecture to Kiro during the chunin exams were her own beliefs on the matter.

Hm. Well it doesn’t make any reference to the distance so there was no way I could have known that. It only says to trailer the parimeter. While i’ll Try to remember that in the future, it’s a bit jarring
I hadn't restated it because it was in the post before, though I will keep in mind to mention smaller details like this more frequently.

I can't really say I've seen much reason to involve them. It's a combination of thier personalities and thier loyalties.

Sagisō is only fighting because she literally has no choice in the matter :T, she's the type of wandering character who's only loyalties lie with her village and family, neither of which require her to engage the sound.

If she wasn't a Hyuga then she actually would've followed Azumi, who's the only close friend she has a good reason to fight for.

Kiro doesn't fall under that category because of her own stance on power. Her lecture to Kiro during the chunin exams were her own beliefs on the matter.

Just saying, your characters feel so distant towards any of the conflicts we've had that it feels tricky to get them involved in significant capacity. And if they don't really care, they really are not any personal stakes to make what they do do feel important to them.

Then again, most of my characters are tied to this arc because "a friend of mine is on the mission" so I shouldn't talk much XD

Just saying, your characters feel so distant towards any of the conflicts we've had that it feels tricky to get them involved in significant capacity. And if they don't really care, they really are not any personal stakes to make what they do do feel important to them.

Then again, most of my characters are tied to this arc because "a friend of mine is on the mission" so I shouldn't talk much XD

Hey at least the next arc is bound to be something important to ALL villages

That's kinda the point, Sagisō's social circle consists of Azumi, Zaku, Kai, Kiro, and the Hyuga clan. If it weren't for that last one she definitely would've got invested in this battle against the leaf. She's in a situation where she has friends on every side the of conflict and she'd rather just stay out of the fight altogether.

That's kinda the point, Sagisō's social circle consists of Azumi, Zaku, Kai, Kiro, and the Hyuga clan. If it weren't for that last one she definitely would've got invested in this battle against the leaf. She's in a situation where she has friends on every side the of conflict and she'd rather just stay out of the fight altogether.

Which is ironic, cause logically when Azumi decides to form her team for her "personal mission" against the Big 5 she'll logically want to recruit Sagiso first XD.

What is the next arc again?
The eight tails arc.
Good then Kai was there to black mail her into getting involved lol. Leave it to the xenophobic ones

Which is ironic, cause logically when Azumi decides to form her team for her "personal mission" against the Big 5 she'll logically want to recruit Sagiso first XD.
Sagisō would actually help her against any nation that isn't Konoha, and she'll turn a blind eye to Azumi attacking Konoha as long as she doesn't attack the Hyuga. At any rate, even if she'd encountered Kiro and Zaku she would've pretended not to see them.

She's keeping an eye closed to just about everything that's happening.

Sagisō would actually help her against any nation that isn't Konoha, and she'll turn a blind eye to Azumi attacking Konoha as long as she doesn't attack the Hyuga. At any rate, even if she'd encountered Kiro and Zaku she would've pretended not to see them.

She's keeping an eye closed to just about everything that's happening.

Honestly I just want Azumi to visit Sagiso in her home village. Could get some bonding between the two and Azumi's reaction to the customs of the kunoichi village could be good for her to emote beyond "The Big 5 must die!" attitude. Kinda like when she was with Sagiso during that Zaku confrontation.

Good then Kai was there to black mail her into getting involved lol. Leave it to the xenophobic ones
Oh, and Sagisō definitely knows how to hold a grudge she'll get him back for that.

One report, or rather bill, for an A-Ranked protect and retrieval mission, signed by the head of the Hyuga clan, will definitely find its way onto the desk of one Mei Terumi 5th Mizukage with both Kai and Kiro's names on it. Something I'm sure will come in handy for future discussions in the Mist village.

Oh, and Sagisō definitely knows how to hold a grudge she'll get him back for that.

One report, or rather bill, for an A-Ranked protect and retrieval mission, signed by the head of the Hyuga clan, will definitely find its way onto the desk of one Mei Terumi 5th Mizukage with both Kai and Kiro's names on it. Something I'm sure will come in handy for future discussions in the Mist village.

I’m sure Kai would just spin it as ‘a favor for the mist’ or ‘tribute to our cause’ and not even take that note seriously XD. I’d be surprised if it landed on Mei’s desk, a warrant from a genin of all ranks as well. And if Kai is being mentioned you bet that the head of the Yuki clan itself will get involved. Mei has enough to keep herself busy as it is...controlling a massive flux inside her village

I’m sure Kai would just spin it as ‘a favor for the mist’ or ‘tribute to our cause’ and not even take that note seriously XD. I’d be surprised if it landed on Mei’s desk, a warrant from a genin of all ranks as well. And if Kai is being mentioned you bet that the head of the Yuki clan itself will get involved. Mei has enough to keep herself busy as it is...controlling a massive flux inside her village
It'll be used strategically of course, in particular Kai will never know about it until his Father comes home from a meeting where Mei used the letter to leverage her xeno-friendly policies.

It'll be used strategically of course, in particular Kai will never know about it until his Father comes home from a meeting where Mei used the letter to leverage her xeno-friendly policies.

But uh how though? It’s not like an a rank mission is going to bankrupt any clan, they pay for s rank missions all the time, dozens a year in fact. And that’s saying if they find it legitament. Not to mention after the attack on the leaf and the direct falter of mei’s word, it has shaken up her unfluence in the mist.

Also @Godjacob in your next post could it include mei’s Wearabouts too?

But uh how though? It’s not like an a rank mission is going to bankrupt any clan, they pay for s rank missions all the time, dozens a year in fact. And that’s saying if they find it legitament. Not to mention after the attack on the leaf and the direct falter of mei’s word, it has shaken up her unfluence in the mist.

Didn't kyuu volunteer to take Mei?

The bill itself is hardly the point, in fact, she wouldn't even mention the bill because that'd give them an easy way to write it off with it was a job, what she'll really want to push is the notion that The heir to the Yuki clan is indebted to some xenos, or something from that angle.

The bill itself is hardly the point, in fact, she wouldn't even mention the bill because that'd give them an easy way to write it off with it was a job, what she'll really want to push is the notion that The heir to the Yuki clan is indebted to some xenos, or something from that angle.

Seeing as that same Yuki blackmailed her into doing that in the first place, I don’t think he’s in debt to anyone XD. I think they’d consider the notion amusing at first then poposterous, hardly something to force a political choke hold though

Well that can’t be the case. They left while she was still battling kimimaro and Kabuto. She couldn’t have gotten there first could she?
They seem to have lingered for quite a while outside the village though observing the situation, taking census, sending Kai back to collect Tsuki and Kiro, capturing Seiun and the like. I also imagine that such a large group would also travel at a slower pace than Mei would considering they're at a pace that non-ninjas like Tsuki can keep up with.

They seem to have lingered for quite a while outside the village though observing the situation, taking census, sending Kai back to collect Tsuki and Kiro, capturing Seiun and the like. I also imagine that such a large group would also travel at a slower pace than Mei would considering they're at a pace that non-ninjas like Tsuki can keep up with.

Mei lingered some time after. And she has her aids and several mist diplomat loyalists, so she isn’t exactly alone. And taking out seiun was a matter of seconds, not exactly a delay.

Alright, one of us is lost here and it might just be me lol

Oh wait, that wasn’t your plan? Then i’ll Just keep that to myself then <.>

Mei lingered some time after. And she has her aids and several mist diplomat loyalists, so she isn’t exactly alone. And taking out seiun was a matter of seconds, not exactly a delay.

Oh wait, that wasn’t your plan? Then i’ll Just keep that to myself then <.>
I don't really see why she'd bring diplomats to the Chunin exams...

I wasn't making any plan lol, I just wanted to know how the Yuki managed to blackmail Mei.

I don't really see why she'd bring diplomats to the Chunin exams...

I wasn't making any plan lol, I just wanted to know how the Yuki managed to blackmail Mei.

She brought diplomats to help smooth over relations during such a big event, especially considering a mist ninja made it to the finals. And of course the Yuki came too, not wanting to leave the leader of their village go alone.

Black mail Mei? No no XD that was a reference to Kai blackmailing Sagiso with the lily hostage

She brought diplomats to help smooth over relations during such a big event, especially considering a mist ninja made it to the finals. And of course the Yuki came too, not wanting to leave the leader of their village go alone.

Black mail Mei? No no XD that was a reference to Kai blackmailing Sagiso with the lily hostage
Hmm, I guess you could work it from that angle. Kage's aides are generally ninja, but the diplomats might be normal people? Idk, the only normal people with positions of power are generally from the Feudal Lord, as far as I can remember, any aides or diplomats at these events have also been capable ninja.

Seeing as that same Yuki blackmailed her into doing that in the first place, I don’t think he’s in debt to anyone XD. I think they’d consider the notion amusing at first then poposterous, hardly something to force a political choke hold though
Well, then returning to this point then; I blackmailed them into doing it so we don't owe them, probably isn't a very valid argument.

Hmm, I guess you could work it from that angle. Kage's aides are generally ninja, but the diplomats might be normal people? Idk, the only normal people with positions of power are generally from the Feudal Lord, as far as I can remember, any aides or diplomats at these events have also been capable ninja.

Well hiruzen/tsunade has several aides/elders that held that position, same thing for gaara with Chiyo and her husband along with others. It’s not that unheard of. Although some are capable ninja such as Chiyo, but it’s not the norm.

Well, then returning to this point then; I blackmailed them into doing it so we don't owe them, probably isn't a very valid argument.
A6B6783C-5620-4935-9934-422D5A21BD1E.jpeg

Lol. Very true, although Hunter ninja are known to be as ruthless in that pursuit

I just reread the first couple pages of the RP, man things changed a lot since we began. So weird XD

First person Azumi interacted with was Kenji of all people XD

Hahaha yeah that’s a heck of an entry for them XD. Funny how they never talk again.

Also...cringing at some of kai’s lines. Back when he had an original last name before I remembered all Yuki have the same last name lol. Gah.

Hahaha yeah that’s a heck of an entry for them XD. Funny how they never talk again.

Also...cringing at some of kai’s lines. Back when he had an original last name before I remembered all Yuki have the same last name lol. Gah.

That is weird I just noticed that! XD

I think my idea was that I needed to pair up my characters (Since I had the most OCs). Given Azumi and Kenji was supposed to be my main two leads I decided pairing them together made the most sense. Given Kenji is more filled with personality and Azumi is more of a stoic it would lead to "humerus" character interaction.

Then Tomiko happened, and Kenji still curses her name to this day XD

Well hiruzen/tsunade has several aides/elders that held that position, same thing for gaara with Chiyo and her husband along with others. It’s not that unheard of. Although some are capable ninja such as Chiyo, but it’s not the norm.

View attachment 646267
Lol. Very true, although Hunter ninja are known to be as ruthless in that pursuit
The Konoha elders were all capable ninja, they were all members of Team Tobirama. The only person who might not have been a ninja was Chiyo's husband, but I'm pretty sure every other diplomat/aide in the series was a ninja at some point in their life.

The Konoha elders were all capable ninja, they were all members of Team Tobirama. The only person who might not have been a ninja was Chiyo's husband, but I'm pretty sure every other diplomat/aide in the series was a ninja at some point in their life.

I....never knew that. Huh. Well godjacob did have one or two of her aides fight while the others ran for cover. So there’s that. I’m surprised those snarky elders had a use other than hating on tsunade XD.