• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This....took a long time @.@
View attachment 675450

This is more accurate than you know. Fun fact, Katsuo, along with all of my other oc's, are left handed.

Also nice job! Looks a lot cleaner and more accurate than the first one....but is it bad that its making me think about the esthetic changes he'll be going through in a few arcs and part 2? XD

Lmao, clearly Hyo can't actually trust her team.

Sagiso: Gladly! *Takes 8 triagrams stance*
Taji: *bites Sagiso's hand* Told you!

This....took a long time @.@
View attachment 675450
This is amazing! Love the expressions on this one! It is hard to decide a favorite among Anime disgust, Resting bitch face and Shit eating grin though I noticed that Mori is missing his headband. Is it possible that you forgot it or is it on the arm behind his back?

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
This is more accurate than you know. Fun fact, Katsuo, along with all of my other oc's, are left handed.

Also nice job! Looks a lot cleaner and more accurate than the first one....but is it bad that its making me think about the esthetic changes he'll be going through in a few arcs and part 2? XD
Haha thanks! I hoped I improved everyone’s OC in this one ^^

Taji: *bites Sagiso's hand* Told you!

This is amazing! Love the expressions on this one! It is hard to decide a favorite among Anime disgust, Resting bitch face and Shit eating grin though I noticed that Mori is missing his headband. Is it possible that you forgot it or is it on the arm behind his back?
No, he lost it to reaver and has yet to earn it back
Speaking of fights, I would want to have Shura fight kai anytime in the arc
Hehehe I can do that

Alrighty, that should be a nice balance to the darkness from before, and as a bonus ticks off a few 'plot-holes' for my characters.

• Why Sagisō isn't a Hyūga Heiress
  • Why Furījia trusts Sagisō despite having only met for a few months

Oh, and Hinagiku wasn't there during that. She would've been in discussion with Minato about pulling Sagisō into the Hyūga clan despite her Nadeshiko affiliation.
And now kyuu goes for me. Fun times XD
Lmao, I just didn't wanna go for Soul so early on. She'll switch targets soon enough, stir up the battlefield a bit.

Haha thanks! I hoped I improved everyone’s OC in this one ^^

No, he lost it to reaver and has yet to earn it back

Hehehe I can do that
I made Onoki give him another one.
Mori enjoyed the company and the decent food, but he kept thinking about his inevitable visit to Lord Tsuchikage. He finished his food surprisingly fast for someone who said that ramen was not his food of choice and paid for the food, even covering for any extra bowls the group might eat later. "It was a pleasure to meet you all, but I have something important to do. See ya!" He waved at Tomiko and her 'gang' as he made his way to the Tsuchikage's office.

He made an appointment and waited nervously until he heard the voice of his leader say that he could enter. He got up and entered his office, standing in front of the desk on which stacks of paperwork were laying with a rather small man in the middle of the mess. "Take a seat and tell me your name and reason for this visit, I'm too busy for small things so it better be worth my time." Onoki said as he continued working on the paperwork.

Mori coughed, took a seat and began to talk. "My name is Utamara Mori, chosen to represent Iwagakure in the Chunin Exams in Konohagakure alongside of Usagi Tomiko. Tomiko made it to the third round whilst I was too late to participate, but that is not why I am here. I have come to inform you that Konoha is attacked by Orochimaru and is absolutely trashed, but you should not attack it. Instead, if we help them to rebuild the village we might get be able to make Konoha owe us something." He noticed Onoki put down his pen and actually look at him, which only made him that more nervous. "Konoha is allied with Suna, and although their army is lackluster their Puppet Brigade is a huge thorn in the side due to the versatility of them and Lady Chiyo would use incredibly potent poisons which could kill a man with just a scratch. If you need any proof of deadly puppets, just take a look at Sasori of the Red Sand and although not a puppet wielder, the Kazekage can use sand so fighting them in a desert should be prevented if possible. If we somehow do win against Suna and take the Land of Fire as territory, we would be giving Kumo and Kiri an excuse to attack us. Kumo beats us due to the amount of Lightning Style users, and even though we have the elemental advantage, Kiri can use the ocean to attack and overwhelm us. Their respective Kage are not to be taken lightly, and the smaller nations can very well turn on us. Ame is especially a possible threat due to their leader having the title of 'Kami' and no ordinary ninja has that title. We just don't benefit enough from a war."

Mori felt like he was running out of breath and had a parched mouth from talking too much. "Is that all?" Onoki asked the young genin who firmly shook his head. "No Lord Tsuchikage, there is one last thing I want to discuss. We have a solid population and military force, but our economy is lacking. The mountains of our country must have a lot of mineral deposits so why don't we start some mines? If we can get some wood then we can create a lot of job opportunities and buff our economy a bit. The people who live in the slums can get a job and live in houses that are more than just shelter from the rain and have some food everyday that doesn't come from trash cans." He jumped up during his speech when he talked about the people in the slums and sat down, slightly embarrassed. "My apologies, I did not mean to get so worked up." Onoki didn't seem to be very moved by his arguments, or he was phenomenal at hiding his expressions. "Was that all, Utamara?" The leader of Iwagakure asked as Mori got up and bowed. "That was all Lord Tsuchikage, thank you for your time."

He was about to leave the office as he heard a voice that made him stop in his tracks. "Utamara, stop right there. What happened to your headband?" Mori knew that this question would come eventually, but he never truly felt ready to lie to the Tsuchikage. "I lost it in a fight against a Fire natured ninja, it was too charred to recover." It wasn't exactly a lie because he lost it in a fight in which an Uchiha participated and they are known for being Fire natured but he lost it to Reaver, not who he presumed to be Kiro. "I see, take better care of this one." Onoki said as he threw a Iwa headband at Mori. "I will Sir, thank you." He quickly put it around his arm and felt a familiar weight come back. "Yeah yeah, just close the door when you leave." He followed the order of the Tsuchikage and made his way outside where he sighed out of relief. "That was much more stressful than I expected it to be."
Mori read about a runaway jinchuuriki, which was worrying to say the least. He felt the power of a jinchuuriki back in Konoha and he grew nauseous from it only having three tails, and unless he was mistaken this one had eight tails. Nontheless this was an amazing opportunity for Iwa and since other villages and villagers would think the same, he had to be fast to sign up. He made his way towards the Tsuchikage's office which wasn't exacly hard due to it towering over the other buildings and having it the kanji for 'Earth' on it.

Onoki was still plowing through piles and piles of paperwork as he heard knocking...on the window? He opened the window and Mori entered the room. "What is the meaning of this Utamara?! Make an appointment next time!" Onoki scolded the genin as Mori grinned and began to explain the reason for his visit. "Sorry Lord Tsuchikage, but I have a good reason for it. I want to volunteer to track down and capture the jinchuuriki of Kumo." The mole genin exclaimed his desire as Onoki though it over. "Tell me why I should send a genin on a mission that even jonin have trouble with? Sounds like a suicide mission to me."

"Lord Tsuchikage, give me a chance! I know that I won't be able to sway you by saying that I would be able to make it to chunin in the exams if I were on time, so I'll try other arguments. I have done 47 D-rank missions and 3 C-rank for the village and even did a S-rank in Konoha when pursuing the attackers of Konoha. I have enough experience for this and if I train my chakra capacity and chakra control, I would be a valuable asset to the group. I have the creativity to solve problems and I can create traps for enemies without being noticed unless said opponent can see chakra. I can create shelter for the night and I have basic first-aid training. If someone neglects a cut and it becomes infected then you have a bigger problem. Besides, I am a genin. It is easier to replace a genin than a jonin and if I can give my life to help the village, then I am happy. Your moniker is Onoki of the Scales, so weigh the pros and the cons and see what is the better choice." Mori said to Onoki, seemingly unwilling to take no for an answer.

Onoki had to admit, this kid didn't know when to give up. The mention of his moniker made him think about the idea and if he was brutally honest, the genin might have some solid points. "Fine, I'll keep you in mind but I won't promise that you will be chosen. It all depends on what others have to offer, but you were fast to volunteer, I'll give you that. Now leave through the door and enter through it the next time before I kick you out of the window." Onoki said as Mori grinned and made his way to the door. "I will, have a good day Lord Tsuchikage!" He said as he ran out of the building and Onoki sat down at his desk. "That kid is an odd one, no idea what to think of his future." He sighed as he faced an enemy that always returned, no matter how many times he slayed it, paperwork.

Also, even if my previous point wasn't implied well, wouldn't it be kinda obvious that Katsuo would bounce out right away due to Tomiko's follow up attack? He cleared the ball before the spear reached it.

Don't feel like starting a squabble, so I wanted all the facts out there for this correction.

Just for reference @Shen: Ghost Gym Leader I didn't say he was 'on the ball' for a specific reason. That was a flying palm strike so Katsuo could reach Absurds elevated location.
Katsuo's still in the blast range obviously, I just wanted to point out its not right on his ass like you made it seem.

If anything, he's incredibly close to Absurds impact zone.
Either way would be frighteningly close to the impact radius

Katsuo and Absurd would now be in roughly similar locations after the attack, and you said, "Either way would be frighteningly close to the impact radius", therefore, Absurd must defend as well since he's right by his own bomb detonation. Am I wrong?

*Thinks about making a beautiful Google paint diagram of Katsuo, and likely Absurds, trajectory.

Katsuo and Absurd would now be in roughly similar locations after the attack, and you said, "Either way would be frighteningly close to the impact radius", therefore, Absurd must defend as well since he's right by his own bomb detonation. Am I wrong?
No your not quite right. After you hit Absurd, Absurd went flying into the air, well above the impact radius before straightening out, floating in the air. Leaving Katsuo and team down there

Its a shame....I could keep from being damaged with a real easy substitution jutsu....or I could be reckless with my chakra and defend the whole team. Hm....
Absurd: Which one, Which one dear Katsuo? All for one or one for all? Ha-ah! Reap the seeds that you sow, oh dear Katsuo, or you may find you’ve helped none!

Kai:...Get out of here

Absurd: Which one, Which one dear Katsuo? All for one or one for all? Ha-ah! Reap the seeds that you sow, oh dear Katsuo, or you may find you’ve helped none!

Kai:...Get out of here
Mori: Hey, I can help to keep the team safe too! Katsuo is just in an awkward position right now and even though he has some weird antics, Absurd is still deserving of respect!

Last edited:
Katsuo: Your a leech Absurd. You know you haven't affected me, and thus you claw and scrape for a reaction, in hopes your inferior show may improve. Leaching off others reactions like there's nothing else in life. Leaches die by fire, and fire dies by water, its how the system works. So....I'm gonna drown me a leech. *Wicked grin*
Katsuo means business, would hate to be the one who he's targeting

Katsuo: Your a leech Absurd. You know you haven't affected me, and thus you claw and scrape for a reaction, in hopes your inferior show may improve. Leaching off others reactions like there's nothing else in life. Leaches die by fire, and fire dies by water, its how the system works. So....I'm gonna drown me a leech. *Wicked grin*

Absurd: ah-ha! Ha-ah! My show is the world after all! Without the world there is no life! Oooh yes call me a leach! Threaten to kill me in the most horrid ways imaginable! Oh the tradegy that is your expression would show, the dissapearing hope as your witness your every encumacing nightmare swallow you whole! Ah-ha-ahh! Systems were meant to be dismantled by those who don’t believe! And I believe in nothing but the preformance!