• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There was never a misunderstanding, just an apology if it seemed too much like a consession. Hama isn’t going to take it back, she’s even ensuing panic with her words of half truths, it’s no mistake, it’s a tactic.

Well yeah but that wasn't what you intended with the initial reply was my point more than anything. You assumed it was a concession from Kakashi and rolled with it. Now it's just a save face kinda thing which does make Hama look fantastic at Kakashi's expense who now he looks like a moron.

I get your position and completely understand, just hope you get why I am not an initial fan of the set up or context that led to it.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Well yeah but that wasn't what you intended with the initial reply was my point more than anything. You assumed it was a concession from Kakashi and rolled with it. Now it's just a save face kinda thing which does make Hama look fantastic at Kakashi's expense who now he looks like a moron.
? How can you even say that when Kakashi hasn’t even responded yet?

get your position and completely understand, just hope you get why I am not an initial fan of the set up or context that led to it.
Tell me. How does Kakashi look bad then?

Well Hama's comments does make Kakashi appear a submissive wimp to everyone, and the Hyuga have taken that to heart so his respect points to Hinagiku take a dive.

It mainly depends on how my reply goes. If it works, this will be a non-issue. But then again that's if it works. We'll have to wait and see there.

Hama’s comments yes. If every lie was taken to heart everyone's reputation would be tarnished. Don’t believe everything you hear. Sagiso did and misunderstood, and Hama might have successfully sown discord between the Hyuga and the leaf

Hama’s comments yes. If every lie was taken to heart everyone's reputation would be tarnished. Don’t believe everything you hear. Sagiso did and misunderstood, and Hama might have successfully sown discord between the Hyuga and the leaf

I get that, but again that was not the intent you had with the post when the first made it. Just an effect that played amazingly in your favor and dug me in an IRL hole.

I just feel the wording was a bit too strong for what it was, but hopefully I can restore Kakashi's credibility. This will be interesting to say the least.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I need to do Taiyo's tomorrow, I have an idea for his voice, and that idea does not involve me trying not to wake people up while saying my lines. I'm going to have to be as loud as possible for my ideas for him. Also, do you have any longer lines for him just so you get a better feel of my voice for the character. Anyway I do have Seiun's done, at least my interpretation of his voice. You didn't really give me a voice to go off of like with Absurd, so I just looked at the lines and his personality and based it off of that. Hope you like it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15JG7kDWsBSWFJEZtqRQc509X468xThNSZgnetg_4F1w/edit?usp=sharing (Nukas's voice lines)

I need to do Taiyo's tomorrow, I have an idea for his voice, and that idea does not involve me trying not to wake people up while saying my lines. I'm going to have to be as loud as possible for my ideas for him. Also, do you have any longer lines for him just so you get a better feel of my voice for the character. Anyway I do have Seiun's done, at least my interpretation of his voice. You didn't really give me a voice to go off of like with Absurd, so I just looked at the lines and his personality and based it off of that. Hope you like it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15JG7kDWsBSWFJEZtqRQc509X468xThNSZgnetg_4F1w/edit?usp=sharing (Nukas's voice lines)

Shame my core cast is all female minus Kenji.

Seiun turned out shockingly sleek, you actually managed to make a murderous slave turn out rather charming XD
Here’s a picture of seiun by the way, so you can tell his character traits:
2B03B65E-568E-420B-8568-0521DEE47F69.jpeg

Shame my core cast is all female minus Kenji.
And takato but who’s counting?

Wait so does that mean you like it or you hate it?
Oh no no I don’t hate it, not by a long shot. Just didn’t expect such a voice to come from a psychopath is all XD. Pretty darn good rough draft considering you had no actual voice comparison to go off of.

For some reason I though seiun would be a tad more course and blunt, like he was rolling with the punches of every day life

sSoul

Previously Swirled
For some reason I though seiun would be a tad more course and blunt, like he was rolling with the punches of every day life
Same here, but you made me wish that our RP was an anime just to hear his voice. My other thoughts on it well let's just let Tsuki express it.

Tsuki: ....I have no words, none for the family friendly ear that is.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Oh no no I don’t hate it, not by a long shot. Just didn’t expect such a voice to come from a psychopath is all XD. Pretty darn good rough draft considering you had no actual voice comparison to go off of.

When I was coming up with it, I thought "What would a psychopath sound like" and then I turned down his psychopathic meter to where it was tame and docile because he's forced to be a slave. That way it's still the same voice, but a little less insane.

When I was coming up with it, I thought "What would a psychopath sound like" and then I turned down his psychopathic meter to where it was tame and docile because he's forced to be a slave. That way it's still the same voice, but a little less insane.

Hmmm....! I like that train of thought you have...! Maybe if that principle were applied with the adjustments that I pointed out, we could get a more accurate representation. But not a half bad base line to work off of there :)

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Hmmm....! I like that train of thought you have...! Maybe if that principle were applied with the adjustments that I pointed out, we could get a more accurate representation. But not a half bad base line to work off of there :)
Ok great, I'll work to revise it and put in some of those suggestions.

Is it possible that you could get some longer lines for me to base Taiyo off of. I do want to do his voice and while I probably won't do it till tomorrow, I want to see what I'm working with. Shorter lines just don't show off what longer lines can when I'm doing these.

Ok great, I'll work to revise it and put in some of those suggestions.

Is it possible that you could get some longer lines for me to base Taiyo off of. I do want to do his voice and while I probably won't do it till tomorrow, I want to see what I'm working with. Shorter lines just don't show off what longer lines can when I'm doing these.

Ah sure thing!

Taiyo:

“Ah well knock on wood...get it?? Cause my arms are made of- well, nevermind.”

“Ever got so wrapped up in a fight you blew your own arms off to try and win? Yeah...not my most shining moment.”

Also, I found a perfect voice for Kai: XD

sSoul

Previously Swirled
I do have a full rant against everyone in the works if you need long lines for Taiyo, other than that, I can't remember the last time Taiyo said anything long, he's a blunt guy, he doesn't bother with any kind of expressions when he could just get to the point, which can be reflected in his fighting style.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I do have a full rant against everyone in the works if you need long lines for Taiyo, other than that, I can't remember the last time Taiyo said anything long, he's a blunt guy, he doesn't bother with any kind of expressions when he could just get to the point, which can be reflected in his fighting style.
The one's Shen sent just now will work fine, I just wanted something slightly longer.
Also, I found a perfect voice for Kai: XD
It fits so well, now I'm imagining the mist as just a bunch of racist hillbillies.

I'd like to clarify that the post doesn't make Kakashi sound submissive, but regarding their bloodline, even negotiation itself is far beyond their tolerance level. The only thing Kakashi could've done to prevent such a reaction on the Hyūga side was a staunch refusal. If he'd agreed the reaction would've been far more drastic as I'd have even written in a post for Hinagiku.

I don't have any issue with blood samples of people that aren't Hyūga. If you want to hand over your blood to Hama knowing full well half of Kai's heritage grants him a Kekkei Genkai that 'organic based' then feel free. When Shen marches on you toting replicated version of abilities extracted from that blood, know full well that the Byakugan and the Hyūga's chakra abilities will not be among them.

I won't permit even the slightest chance of it, thus the extremity of the Hyūga's reaction.

I'd like to clarify that the post doesn't make Kakashi sound submissive, but regarding their bloodline, even negotiation itself is far beyond their tolerance level. The only thing Kakashi could've done to prevent such a reaction on the Hyūga side was a staunch refusal. If he'd agreed the reaction would've been far more drastic as I'd have even written in a post for Hinagiku.

I don't have any issue with blood samples of people that aren't Hyūga. If you want to hand over your blood to Hama knowing full well half of Kai's heritage grants him a Kekkei Genkai that 'organic based' then feel free. When Shen marches on you toting replicated version of abilities extracted from that blood, know full well that the Byakugan and the Hyūga's chakra abilities will not be among them.

I won't permit even the slightest chance of it, thus the extremity of the Hyūga's reaction.

Yeah I get that, believe me my follow up posts will help clarify this a bit better. I'm not oblivious to what Shen intends to do with the stuff, ninja blood can do wonders in this setting.

Eh, guess it's partially my fault, but bloodline leaking is certainly one of my triggers. I have quite a list of them. Furījia, any of the girls from Nadeshiko, the Hyūga Bloodline...

My suggestion though is rather than attempt to correct himself, Kakashi should maintain his characteristic cool. Everything should still be under his control so no real need to panic.

Eh, guess it's partially my fault, but bloodline leaking is certainly one of my triggers. I have quite a list of them. Furījia, any of the girls from Nadeshiko, the Hyūga Bloodline...

My suggestion though is rather than attempt to correct himself, Kakashi should maintain his characteristic cool. Everything should still be under his control so no real need to panic.

I hoped I managed to get that across with my post. If you feel it was too aggressive then let me know. But I think this was a good step at damage control.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Then Kishi and everyone else who has the rights to Naruto send hitmen after us. Rip

It would be cool if Kishi acknowledged us though
That would be cool, but that would be a sad RIP.
It can be a fan made adaptation... I'm sure that's somehow legal. Or we can just keep it private
Also good suggestions, I'm pretty sure we can pass it off as a parody or the fan made equivalent of a spin-off.

Last edited: