• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
I wanna start off with getting Konoha out of the way;

So

Population
Military
Economy

Research...I think we'd be better of not including this as a general stat because the nations all do different things with their research.

That’s like saying all of them have different ways of getting economy up that we might as well skip it :p

Just ask Spongebob
98cfe0ed0f1732dd56e6bb8b9c4482af2aa7c1653523805da17dab85522c15ce
You’ve been on a roll lately XD
Kenji made a rat a projectile, and I see a connection. Jin's inspiration, floating notification of theft, rat and worm. Shen, you of all people should see the connection from another fandom

...huh?

You’ve been on a roll lately XD

...huh?
Let me make it clear for you. Does a man with fabulous long hair and love for pureblood ring a bell? And he was an inspiration for Jin Yuki. His group also left a message of sorts when stealing something, a life most of the time. One of the members of that group had connections with a rat and a worm

That’s like saying all of them have different ways of getting economy up that we might as well skip it :p
Nai, Economy is easily measured because of its nature which can be quantified with wealth and numbers.

Research isn't so easily quantified and that makes it kinda hard to assign a number to it.

For example, Suna has their Medical ninjutsu research and they've researched it to the point where they made jutsu to bring back the dead. Their research in the Medical field far out stripes any other nation, even the Leaf, because Tsunade alone does not mean good medical research.

So how much would their Research stat be? 1, 2, 3, 6? Reviving the dead is most definitely a massive feat but how much is that really in terms of numbers?

It's kinda hard to attach numbers to these things, thus while I would mention it in the Nation description, I don't think it should get a stat.

Mori: If I ran away, how did I knock you out then? Surely I had to be around to do that.

They'll leave it on the frontage, written in mud. Or to be extra fancy and to poke at Jin's inspiration, making it float above the building somehow. Kai would just create angry xenophobe noises.
Kiro: Surely you didn’t run away specifically because of the lightning beforehand. Whatever, let’s have a fair fight next time.

Alright I’m back. That idea is cool but they should expect to be chased. Well Mori atleast... lel

Lucius. Wormtail. Death Eaters. Was I that vague?
Oh they have huge differences. But I respect the comparisons I guess? XD people confuse Jin I’m having the same ideals as Kai
Nai, Economy is easily measured because of its nature which can be quantified with wealth and numbers.

Research isn't so easily quantified and that makes it kinda hard to assign a number to it.

For example, Suna has their Medical ninjutsu research and they've researched it to the point where they made jutsu to bring back the dead. Their research in the Medical field far out stripes any other nation, even the Leaf, because Tsunade alone does not mean good medical research.

So how much would their Research stat be? 1, 2, 3, 6? Reviving the dead is most definitely a massive feat but how much is that really in terms of numbers?

It's kinda hard to attach numbers to these things, thus while I would mention it in the Nation description, I don't think it should get a stat.

Then Suna would be really high in research, while the leaf stagnates and even casted out their lead scientist Orochimaru. I think it’s a valid stat, as it tells a lot about their innovation.

Kiro: Surely you didn’t run away specifically because of the lightning beforehand. Whatever, let’s have a fair fight next time.

Alright I’m back. That idea is cool but they should expect to be chased. Well Mori atleast... lel
Mori: First good idea I've heard you say. I'm impressed.

Kiro might be able to play the victim card on Kai, but on the Yuki? Doubtful, and I can probably make you an escape route too.

Oh they have huge differences. But I respect the comparisons I guess? XD people confuse Jin I’m having the same ideals as Kai

Then Suna would be really high in research, while the leaf stagnates and even casted out their lead scientist Orochimaru. I think it’s a valid stat, as it tells a lot about their innovation.

....."lead scientist" is a bit much considering Orochimaru did those experiments, alone. With no knowledge of the Leaf. I think you just want this simply to give Oto (And maybe the Yuki) the highest score XD

I tried, and probably failed. Oh well, it is fun to think about.

Wouldn't that boost Oto to insane heights in the research catagory?

Kiro might be able to play the victim card on Kai, but on the Yuki? Doubtful, and I can probably make you an escape route too.
Hahahaha...Kiro made quite the impression on Jin...

Victim card won’t work on them. They would have to personally interrogate and analyze every orfice of him to assess the story is true
....."lead scientist" is a bit much considering Orochimaru did those experiments, alone. With no knowledge of the Leaf. I think you just want this simply to give Oto (And maybe the Yuki) the highest score XD

I think you are forgetting Anko assisting him in his lab. There were others with a minimum of ones helping him.

No, I’m just putting it into Stellaris terms

Hahahaha...Kiro made quite the impression on Jin...

Victim card won’t work on them. They would have to personally interrogate and analyze every orfice of him to assess the story is true

I think you are forgetting Anko assisting him in his lab. There were others with a minimum of ones helping him.

No, I’m just putting it into Stellaris terms

Again he was a criminal for doing that, him having a personal helper or two (Anko being used by him) does not qualify it as a division of research.

It's just too tricky to qualify cause what one nation considers valuable research might not apply to another as far as needs.

Again he was a criminal for doing that, him having a personal helper or two (Anko being used by him) does not qualify it as a division of research.

It's just too tricky to qualify cause what one nation considers valuable research might not apply to another as far as needs.

It’s pretty simple to judge actually. See which ones have the best technological, ecological, or biological wonders and feats.

And he still was their prized scientist, which says more than Kumo or Iwa already so

It’s pretty simple to judge actually. See which ones have the best technological, ecological, or biological wonders and feats.

And he still was their prized scientist, which says more than Kumo or Iwa already so

Again, he did his shit in secret and broke the law doing it. He was never an official scientist and once he got caught Hiruzen came to arrest him.

Plus Konoha does have this which he was not part of.
https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Konohagakure_Intelligence_Division (Konohagakure Intelligence Division)

Again, he did his shit in secret and broke the law doing it. He was never an official scientist and once he got caught Hiruzen came to arrest him.

Plus Konoha does have this which he was not part of.
https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Konohagakure_Intelligence_Division (Konohagakure Intelligence Division)

No, he was doing it out in the open. Just not the human trials and his quest for immortality. Heck, people have visited his laboratory. From Danzig, hiruzen, Anko, even Jirayia

No, he was doing it out in the open. Just not the human trials and his quest for immortality. Heck, people have visited his laboratory. From Danzig, hiruzen, Anko, even Jirayia

Oh Really? One of those people was his strung along puppet (At the time) and second is evil.

Seems like a stretch, and again he was never a part of the actual intelligence division which would qualify for this ranking you want to implement.

I think that was more a problem of ethics than being against innovation.

The thing is though that giving Suna high research stat from that alone wouldn't really mean they're good a researching. Cuba has some of the best doctors in the world, but it's not exactly renown for its innovations in the scientific fields.

Again, I just think it's kinda hard to quantify it, and then display its effects. Like what does a 5/5 in research even mean?

But that's not the style of research Orochimaru specializes in or Oto. He makes humans genetic experiments for personal projects nothing to innovate the nation as a whole.
Then he wouldn’t count for the leaf. Especially since he is no longer with them.

Oto however...
So are the swords the only thing relevant in there or is there something else we don’t know?
As far as power is concerned? Yes. As far as things you don’t know? I’m not authorized to speak of such contents were they to exist <.>

That would mean they they come out with innovations much faster than other nations, and could outpace their rivals in developments of new wonders
See the issue with that now is that we'd end up with things like this;

Based on Suna's medical innovations alone, they'd rapidly advance in completely unrelated fields because of a high research stat.

I mean, their innovation though a feat, didn't even help the productivity in their country much less allow for more research.

Then he wouldn’t count for the leaf. Especially since he is no longer with them.

Oto however...

As far as power is concerned? Yes. As far as things you don’t know? I’m not authorized to speak of such contents were they to exist <.>
Not authorized? You created the damn thing! Let me fix that message.

Oto however...

As far as power is concerned? Yes. As far as things you don’t know? I’m not going to tell you because watching you suffer is too much fun <.>
There we go

See the issue with that now is that we'd end up with things like this;

Based on Suna's medical innovations alone, they'd rapidly advance in completely unrelated fields because of a high research stat.

I mean, their innovation though a feat, didn't even help the productivity in their country much less allow for more research.

Productivity? It saved their Kage for crying out loud XD

If you mean for money, that’s for the economy stat, something else entirely.