• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Byakugan is also unaffacted by blinding interference.
You should tell quite a few other Naruto sites this:

-A flashbomb might work, since it works by providing excessive amounts of stimulus rather than trying to block stimulus.

-Any form of device or organ that has advanced abilty to sense things is consequently vulnerable to an excess of that stimulus. For example, levels of Light required to harm a blind man are that of burning intensity. Likewise sound levels loud enough to harm a deaf man would probably cause his hair to catch on fire.

Thus the byakugan can be disabled through exessive stimulation. A flash grenade, or a chakra flare would both blind such an eye. It is not possible to retain sensitivity and keep durabilty.

-Also, all eyes, even that of the Byakugan are sensitive to light. If someone uses a flash bang/flash bang-related jutsu, they can stun the eyes of an individual.

Theory on why they can even be more brutal against the byakugan

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
869F1004-73D2-4EF0-ACC6-A7DE22349258.jpeg

Or they can just watch Boruto.

During his fight with Hanabi, Boruto attempts to flash her with a flash bomb. She sorta covers her eyes (sorta) with her sleeve but otherwise remains unaffected.

Though the X-ray vision of the Byakugan means that a sleeve wouldn't be much protection anyway.
She still got disoriented for like a second or two. Why else would she even attempt to cover her eyes?

Either way, the range of flash bangs, they aren’t even that large. They are meant to be used in close quarters, indoor. They are less effective out side.

I think this is a pretty good description:

First of all id like to point out that contrary to popular belief most flashbangs produce very little blinding light, there is an initial bright flare that lasts a fraction of a second but the light does little to blind a target unless i guess the target was looking directly at the device. As for the bang it usually is in the ballpark of 170 decibles at the point it explodes and the decibles dissipate rapidly by the time the sound reaches the target in an average size room it is at about 160 a gunshot right to put it into perspective a shotgun blast close to the head produces 150 decibles and a .357 magnum right next to the ear is 165 decibles, id say in order to to its job 25–30 feet if in a room and 15–20 outside in the open. anything further than that will startle but not injure or disorient

-

The only thing I disagree with is the range. The M84 (flashbang used by the US) has a range of five feet... the effect is lessened after that. Either way, I think the clone should be able to avoid the flash. Sagisō should be fine too.

She still got disoriented for like a second or two. Why else would she even attempt to cover her eyes?

Either way, the range of flash bangs, they aren’t even that large. They are meant to be used in close quarters, indoor. They are less effective out side.

I think this is a pretty good description:

First of all id like to point out that contrary to popular belief most flashbangs produce very little blinding light, there is an initial bright flare that lasts a fraction of a second but the light does little to blind a target unless i guess the target was looking directly at the device. As for the bang it usually is in the ballpark of 170 decibles at the point it explodes and the decibles dissipate rapidly by the time the sound reaches the target in an average size room it is at about 160 a gunshot right to put it into perspective a shotgun blast close to the head produces 150 decibles and a .357 magnum right next to the ear is 165 decibles, id say in order to to its job 25–30 feet if in a room and 15–20 outside in the open. anything further than that will startle but not injure or disorient

-

The only thing I disagree with is the range. The M84 (flashbang used by the US) has a range of five feet... the effect is lessened after that. Either way, I think the clone should be able to avoid the flash. Sagisō should be fine too.
Someone has been doing their homework

The... Clone?

Well 1, the visual range of the Byakugan means coving her eyes would've been useless, so she was indeed startled but not blinded.

2. I only need a second or 2. You seem to misunderstand that the primary objective of the flashbangs is to obscure vision long enough for the Kunai to collide and change trajectories. Those 1 or 2 seconds of light are more than enough.

In fact, the flashbangs are a secondary ensurance because Sagiso was aiming with the sun behind her back. So if the flashbangs aren't bright enough to obscure vision then the sun most definitely is.

The bang is superfluous, that's what the paper bombs were for.

Well 1, the visual range of the Byakugan means coving her eyes would've been useless, so she was indeed startled but not blinded.
So it’s not completely ineffective. As for Sagisō, being startled should at least throw her timing off by a half second to one second at most. But if you’re saying she didn’t get startled at all, that means the radius of the flash wasn’t actually that large. Whether Kiro gets blinded for a few seconds doesn’t matter cuz he’ll send the fire upwards to attack Sagisō while she’s in the air, cancelling out the incoming kunai.

As for the clone, if we’re going by the flash radius not being that large, when he moves, there’s either no blindness or a just second or two of disorientation. And yes, the clone wouldn’t be able to see what’s on the kunai. The sunlight would however reflect off the steel wire connected to the shuriken though. It doesn’t take that much to determine the wire’s existence. And that’s the last thing that Sagisō does, meaning the clone won’t be blinded at that point.

You know what Kyuu, if it’s just the Fuma shuriken that’s coming, then I’m good. It will be an equal trade off, correct?
Equal? Well, the Fuma Shuriken has paper bombs on it so i wouldn't call it equal...
So it’s not completely ineffective. As for Sagisō, being startled should at least throw her timing off by a half second to one second at most. But if you’re saying she didn’t get startled at all, that means the radius of the flash wasn’t actually that large. Whether Kiro gets blinded for a few seconds doesn’t matter cuz he’ll send the fire upwards to attack Sagisō while she’s in the air, cancelling out the incoming kunai.

As for the clone, if we’re going by the flash radius not being that large, when he moves, there’s either no blindness or a just second or two of disorientation. And yes, the clone wouldn’t be able to see what’s on the kunai. The sunlight would however reflect off the steel wire connected to the shuriken though. It doesn’t take that much to determine the wire’s existence. And that’s the last thing that Sagisō does, meaning the clone won’t be blinded at that point.
No, the flashbangs have 0 influence on Sagiso's throw because they explode after she'd thrown all the Kunai. They obscure the change in trajectory from the Kunai colliding with each other.

I suppose the clone should be able to see the Fuma Shuriken then, but need I remind you that Sagiso is in direct control of it so you shouldn't expect to just take it out easily.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
So...am I the only one noticing Kiro's kind of just stronger Sasuke?

- Uchiha/Sharingan
- Curse Mark
- Signature Lighting Jutsu (LCM)
- Has been captured for a large portion of the story, in both cases, for his body. XD
Nope, the paralells have been drawn before, at some point...anyways I have a solid idea for a post now, so I think Ill put it into play.

So...am I the only one noticing Kiro's kind of just stronger Sasuke?

- Uchiha/Sharingan
- Curse Mark
- Signature Lighting Jutsu (LCM)
- Has been captured for a large portion of the story, in both cases, for his body. XD

I mean I think I made Sasuke comparisons in the past, he's basically him but superior in every regard. Minus motive for originally getting a Curse Mark which is not the most fleshed out thing which I hope we do expand on.

Honestly though with Power Creep we kinda all shit on the canon cast hard at this stage. Pre-time skip Naruto compared to our AU top tier Genin is not even a contest IMO. Which I do think is excessive as you need to draw on Jinchuriki at best to say it's "even" which is disconcerting.

Well your not wrong. In some areas anyway. Our cast are around the sound four arc in strength. Considering Choji’s and gaara’s strength at those points....

Though gaara still outclasses all of our cast

Sagiso would beat Gaara straight up if you tasked kyuu with doing it and he was motivated. Heck Kiro might blitz Gaara with LCM if Lee could do it.
Thats pretty funny XD gaara would solo half of our cast
Zaku would also likely beat Pre-Timeskip Sasuke at this stage with his Curse Mark and Katsuo would make it interesting. Gaara doesn't stomp as hard as you think IMO.
That I can beleive more.

Who was taught by someone who could solo Madara

That literally has zero bearing on Lee's skill or ability at that stage. He didn't use the 8th Gate. And saying he'd "solo" Madara is not the best representation of that fight.

After fighting Sauske and beating him, Sakura, getting critically injured, and they tied. Naruto didn’t beat him.

Again, that injury is something you are pushing not canon evidence. Gaara healed up by the time he fought Sasuke a second time when he went crazy. And really counting "Sakura" as a fight XD

Irregardless of Gaara, our cast does crap on pre-time skip Naruto characters pretty well top to bottom.