• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
I try not to play up my own characters in the discussion, but I needed to step in here. I actually know for a fact Katsuo would stomp Garaa, and he'd do it better than Lee.

I'm not saying Katsuo's stronger nor faster than Lee, but he could do it if the crossover occurred. Lol

Need I remind you that gaara used sand coffin on an entire mile radius while he was still genin

Equal? Well, the Fuma Shuriken has paper bombs on it so i wouldn't call it equal...

No, the flashbangs have 0 influence on Sagiso's throw because they explode after she'd thrown all the Kunai. They obscure the change in trajectory from the Kunai colliding with each other.

I suppose the clone should be able to see the Fuma Shuriken then, but need I remind you that Sagiso is in direct control of it so you shouldn't expect to just take it out easily.
So she’s not going to stay in the fire?

The clone could still force her to change the trajectory of the Fuma shuriken though. Just throwing a few shuriken or kunai at the wire or Sagisō herself means she has to react accordingly. The tags activate prematurely if they get anywhere near the fire. Plus she might want to avoid the fire herself. She’ll be down to one hand at that point, lessening her chances of quickly performing another jutsu.

So she’s not going to stay in the fire?

The clone could still force her to change the trajectory of the Fuma shuriken though. Just throwing a few shuriken or kunai at the wire or Sagisō herself means she has to react accordingly. The tags activate prematurely if they get anywhere near the fire. Plus she might want to avoid the fire herself. She’ll be down to one hand at that point, lessening her chances of quickly performing another jutsu.
My trade is;

Sagisō gets hit by the fire style, Kiro gets hit by the exploding Fuma Shuriken.

If the latter does not seem feasible, I will naturally, not push for the former either.

Sagisō getting burnt to a crisp should be equivalent to Kiro being blown up. I’m suspicious cuz you said that isn’t the case.
When attacking the Kunai Sagisō becomes a proxy, so she's not the focus of the attack and there's nothing stopping her from dodging it via some random wind style to push herself away.

If I were to exploit your post even more, I'd hide the Fuma Shuriken behind the funnel of flames so that the clone still couldn't see it and just aim straight for Kiro. Blowing Kiro up would cut off the stream of flames, and until then she could protect herself with rotation minus the spinning.

Or she could just like...dodge.

When attacking the Kunai Sagisō becomes a proxy, so she's not the focus of the attack and there's nothing stopping her from dodging it via some random wind style to push herself away.

If I were to exploit your post even more, I'd hide the Fuma Shuriken behind the funnel of flames so that the clone still couldn't see it and just aim straight for Kiro. Blowing Kiro up would cut off the stream of flames, and until then she could protect herself with rotation minus the spinning.

Or she could just like...dodge.
The fire spreads once it’s out his mouth, making its area of effect much wider that a simple stream. So when he changes the trajectory upwards, the kunai would just be in the way whether he’s blinded or not. The only way Sagisō would be able to escape is upwards, unless she just totally blasts herself in another direction with her one usable hand (presuming the other is still wielding the Fuma). Or she could just stay and do the semi-rotation. Either way, she might as well just drop the Fuma shuriken if she wants to move.

That’s not considering that the clone can also aim its shuriken or kunai closer to her hands. Just hitting the wire should be enough to throw it off it’s course. If not that, then aiming for Sagisō in general should make her want to defend herself.

Last edited:
The fire spreads once it’s out his mouth, making its area of effect much wider that a simple stream. So when he changes the trajectory upwards, the kunai would just be in the way whether he’s blinded or not. The only way Sagisō would be able to escape is upwards, unless she just totally blasts herself in another direction with her one usable hand (presuming the other is still wielding the Fuma). Or she could just stay and do the semi-rotation. Either way, she might as well just drop the Fuma shuriken if she wants to move.

That’s not considering that the clone can also aim its shuriken or kunai closer to her hands. Just hitting the wire should be enough to throw it off it’s course. If not that, then aiming for Sagisō in general should make her want to defend herself.
She can outright drop the wire in favor of a Clone Hand Seal, then she'd opt to control the Fuma Shuriken with wind Chakra while the clone deals with moving her out of the way.

The wire was just more chakra efficient.

Conversely, she can blast herself out of the way with essentially the same process she used to fly over to the Island to rescue Furījia. Just this with Wind Chakra for a more substantial boost - https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Gentle_Fist_Art_One_Blow_Body (Gentle Fist Art One Blow Body)

We could debate this all day tbh. I'm not trying to win though, just giving Sagisō a good showing. In fact, after Tayuya gets a word in I might have Sagisō surrender.

She can outright drop the wire in favor of a Clone Hand Seal, then she'd opt to control the Fuma Shuriken with wind Chakra while the clone deals with moving her out of the way.

The wire was just more chakra efficient.
So she sacrifices the clone or it carries her away? Either way, I think this she’ll still be in trouble if the clone controls its shuriken or kunai with wires. Could trap her ftw maybe.
Conversely, she can blast herself out of the way with essentially the same process she used to fly over to the Island to rescue Furījia. Just this with Wind Chakra for a more substantial boost - https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Gentle_Fist_Art_One_Blow_Body (Gentle Fist Art One Blow Body)
She’ll have to give up on the Fuma here though. I don’t how the Fuma stays remotely on track after she blasts herself away.
We could debate this all day tbh. I'm not trying to win though, just giving Sagisō a good showing.
Yeah I understand that but if the Fuma hits, Kiro would most like be down. The trap you set not only blinded him, but he’ll be standing still as he shoots the fire. Even if he tanks it, he’ll be extremely damaged. If I try to have the clone blitz her, you’ll probably counter that too. So in my eyes, I feel I need to do everything and anything possible to prevent the Fuma from getting to him.

Then I'd have to try my hardest to win to not make it unfulfilling for myself. Which I suppose is a better option all round...

Well, let's get to it @Retro Master. You'll need to pay an arm and a leg for this win if you want it.
Sounds like dealing with the devil to me
Yeah, it probably is now that I think about it. Kiro loses an arm and a leg while Sagisō gets a scratch lmao
We were ready XD

I feel like I am watching a rock and a hard place unfold. Either Sagiso gives up making the entire thing anti-climatic and pointless or she wins defeating Kiro with a Curse Mark & LCM on which is problematic for a different reason XD

Tayuya: Or Kiro mans it up and just fucking wins.

Voting this for Kenji theme song!

It's literal and figurative lmfao.

Kenji: Ha ha ha very funny. I can hardly contain it.

Inexperience only goes so far when using both Curse Mark and LCM. It will be what we have to roll with in that scenario but just eh.

On the contrary, Zaku's provided us with a decent example of how fast the curse mark can chew you up and spit you out. If Sagiso simply managed to stay on the defensive for the next few minutes, Kiro would likely collapse from fatigue.
Top that with his experimental Lightning Armor, and youve got a pretty unstable jutsu combination to test out for the first time in the midst of combat.

But thats could just be me. I always feel the first time someone gets a big boost in battle, said boost should act as a double edged sword.

On the contrary, Zaku's provided us with a decent example of how fast the curse mark can chew you up and spit you out. If Sagiso's simply managed to stay on the defensive for the next few minutes, Kiro would likely collapse from fatigue. Top that with his experimental Lightning Armor, and youve got a pretty unstable jutsu combination to test out for the first time in the midst of combat.

I'm just saying in actual situations the sheer power jump should be enough for Kiro to blitz and stomp characters of our level with these boosts. The fact Sagiso does so well in spite of Kiro's jump either says too much about her or a lot less about him. Either way not very encouraging.

On the contrary, Zaku's provided us with a decent example of how fast the curse mark can chew you up and spit you out. If Sagiso's simply managed to stay on the defensive for the next few minutes, Kiro would likely collapse from fatigue. Top that with his experimental Lightning Armor, and youve got a pretty unstable jutsu combination to test out for the first time in the midst of combat.
I'd entertained that thought for a while, but I didn't feel like pushing it because of the potential counter-argument Curse Mark dramatically increases chakra reserves, supposedly by a factor of 10.
I'm just saying in actual situations the sheer power jump should be enough for Kiro to blitz and stomp characters of our level with these boosts. The fact Sagiso does so well in spite of Kiro's jump either says too much about her or a lot less about him. Either way not very encouraging.
Course it says a lot about her, this is the girl that single-handedly boosted Katsuo to top tier ya know?

Kiro's overall stronger than she is, but as of now, she simply outright has far better combat instincts. Between you and me, I've almost figured out a method to counter Kiro's next move at near 0 chakra cost.

Your acting as if the only way to stop someone with great power is by having greater power. The curse seal causes immense pain on activation, and in unison with the Lightning Armor, Kiro's remaining chakra would fizzle out like a dead fuse.
Sagiso doesnt have to overpower him to win, she merely has to outwit a berserker until he runs out of rage juice, which wont take long at all.

Should be noted this is based on no actual canon evidence. Curse Mark was seamless and painless upon activation. It's only when you try to force chakra out you do not have that anyone ever showed pain from using the pain :p
Sasuke's been shown in pain several times upon curse mark almost activating. In his first match of the Chūnin prelim tournament didn't it temporarily immobilize him?

I'd entertained that thought for a while, but I didn't feel like pushing it because of the potential counter-argument Curse Mark dramatically increases chakra reserves, supposedly by a factor of 10.

Course it says a lot about her, this is the girl that single-handedly boosted Katsuo to top tier ya know?

Your good Kyuu, but dont get to cocky. Ive worked for my feats. Your fight didnt do much for me, nor did it push Katsuo to his limits in any way. Your very defeatable, whether youd like to believe youve got countermeasures or not isnt a concern.

Should be noted this is based on no actual canon evidence. Curse Mark was seamless and painless upon activation. It's only when you try to force chakra out you do not have that anyone ever showed pain from using the mark :p

Really? Im referencing the wiki. Says the first few uses cause intense physical pain in the area of activation that spreads throughout the body. My bad.

Your good Kyuu, but dont get to cocky. Ive worked for my feats. Your fight didnt do much for me, nor did it push Katsuo to his limits in any way. Your very defeatable whether youd like to believe youve got countermeasures or not isnt a concern.

You know it is stuff like this that makes guys like Scorch afraid to fight you guys XD

Honestly I only see this hurting Kiro in the long run but whatever you guys do you.

Well that and tying with Curse Mark Zaku. And never being beaten in a fight, that all helps.

But if Sagiso does win this fight she will easily take top tier back and be kinda on her own tier by this point ^^'
This, in particular, is something I've been trying to avoid, so I still don't necessarily want to win. I suppose, once I see a point in the fight that feels satisfying enough to let her lose with enough effort on Retro's point, I'll go about working that angle.