• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One Darui isn't your character xD

Two, Madoka is more fleshed out by virtue of sheer screen time and character interactions.

Edited it to Kenji XD

Being around for a while =/= being fleshed out. Madoka's last meaningful interaction was her interaction with Zaku post their match. And they haven't had much overall. Other than that she has just been there. Kinda like the bulk of my cast. None of them have that good character moment going for them that defines them in the RP.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Edited it to Kenji XD

Being around for a while =/= being fleshed out. Madoka's last meaningful interaction was her interaction with Zaku post their match. And they haven't had much overall. Other than that she has just been there. Kinda like the bulk of my cast. None of them have that good character moment going for them that defines them in the RP.

The curse of having many characters I suppose. Maybe try making them stand out one ays that’s memorable to the reader. Such as my backstory with Palentra to further cement Kou standing out

Edited it to Kenji XD

in that case I have no flesh out characters apart from Furijia.
*shrugs*

Sagiso’s personality Excuses her though. Personality and unique elements can help them stand out without need of a backstory. Look are absurd, Sagiso, Taiyo

"Unique personality"

Sagiso=Classic overly analytical, overly serious ninja.

YES! VERY UNIQUE.

Sorry, love you Kyuu, no flame. Im making a point and im sure youd agree.

In my opinion, a 'fleshed out' character isnt someone with massive screen time or a flash back in every other post. I mean Sagiso is as hardened Naruto shinobi as it gets, similar to many MANY characters from the show. Its how you display your characters in what little time they get 'on screen', despite there personality, views, etc.

And @Godjacob, you claiming your characters arent fleshed out is due to the same reason you think your so weak. Your basing most, if not all of your negative opinions of your ocs on 1 or 2 prior moments in the rp.

Exactly this. A defeatist attitude isn’t going to do anything but make things worse

See? Shen agrees! You gotta be positive like me and how I know im gonna curb stomp the ghost gym leaders entire squad! XD

Katsuo: You realize ive been fleshed out right? Not by much, but my unique goals on the world, the reappearance of my family, and the Orochimaru peep show speak for themselves.

Me: Hush....♪we've only just begun♪.....

Katsuo: Oh boi.

There’s more to it than that. She has an elegant side, having an entire dancing and singing scene in a Festival. Not to mention that she also has this love quest thing going on, being very judgey of her possible suitors

Yes, but that doesnt change the fact that Sagiso is basically the personality type ive stated. What makes her stick out is the few moments where she detours from this basic theme and takes a step in a direction we werent expecting, which supports my point.

But I will admit her ultimate goal as a Nadeshiko is as unique as it gets. XD

See? Shen agrees! You gotta be positive like me and how I know im gonna curb stomp the ghost gym leaders entire squad! XD
Heh...
5EB9D99F-90FB-4E08-B67A-B959A4F9BC90.jpeg

I have many of plans <.> back ups for my backups

Also, it wouldn’t cost much at all to freeze it

And it would cost me nothing to render that plan useless. But I look forward to seeing the backups to your backups, youll need em'

Fun fact: Freezing my jutsu is just making my chakra infused water into solidified chakra infused water, doesnt mean I cant control it in that state. Remember that. lmao

And it would cost me nothing to render that plan useless. But I look forward to seeing the backups to your backups, youll need em'

Fun fact: Freezing my jutsu is just making my chakra infused water into cold chakra infused water. Remember that. lmao

Actually...you’d need the natures available to use them. Unless your a Yuki. Having infused chakra is well and good, unless you can’t access the supply ;)

Actually...you’d need the natures available to use them. Unless your a Yuki. Having infused chakra is well and good, unless you can’t access the supply ;)

Being a Yuki allows you to generate your own supply of ice and manipulate it. Something obvious that no one really talks about is, water ninja could do almost exactly the same.
Example: A user infusing hair with chakra can manipulate that hair. A user infusing chakra into an explosive tag can detonate it remotely.
Point: A users chakra infused water being frozen doesnt change the fact that its still chakra infused water, and would still be able to manipulate it.

Scientifically, ice is just water in a slightly different state, meaning its virtually just as workable. Im actually surprised more water shinobi havent taken advantage of this obvious loophole.

Therefore, Katsuo is an ice-nin. XD XD

(Nah jk, but you get my point)

Being a Yuki allows you to generate your own supply of ice and manipulate it. Something obvious that no one really talks about is, water ninja could do almost exactly the same.
Example: A user infusing hair with chakra can manipulate that hair. A user infusing chakra into an explosive tag can detonate it remotely.
Point: A users chakra infused water being frozen doesnt change the fact that its still chakra infused water, and would still be able to manipulate it.
Erm no...that’s not how it works. It’s in a different state altogether, fused with wind chakra. It’s the equivalent of trying to start the car one half the gasoline in the tank is replaced by corn syrup. Two different types of energy here.

Erm no...that’s not how it works. It’s in a different state altogether, fused with wind chakra. It’s the equivalent of trying to start the car one half the gasoline in the tank is replaced by corn syrup. Two different types of energy here.

That is to create ice techniques from scratch. 'Infusing' air with water doest make Ice, even if the show says thats how it works. If you were to freeze Katsuo's water, all youd be doing is dropping the temperature, not pushing air into it. Unless you can scientifically explain why infusing wind makes ice and prevents a water user from manipulating there own water infused chakra, I totally plan to use ice if Kai freezes water generated by Katsuo.

Im tired of people pretending Ice release and Boil release make a shred of sense. THERE BOTH NOTHING BUT WATER AT DIFFERENT TEMPERATURES. XD

Edit: And it would take you a bit of chakra to freeze Katsuo's tendrils. You couldnt simply turn them to ice as youve got no control over my chakra. Youd have to physically drop the temperature around my water enough to freeze it. By your logic, a fire ninja could make a water ninjas technique boil by heating up the water directly.

Also.....couldnt a water ninja technically just return there jutsu to its previous state? Even if you were to infuse wind chakra with my water to 'create ice', couldnt Katsuo and his superb chakra control simply separate his water from the foreign element? And by the same logic, couldnt a water user just infuse more water in the ice than the wind could handle, returning it to a liquid state? lol

There are a few ways for a water ninja to shut down an ice user, factually and via Naruto logic.

Last edited:
And @Godjacob, you claiming your characters arent fleshed out is due to the same reason you think your so weak. Your basing most, if not all of your negative opinions of your ocs on 1 or 2 prior moments in the rp.

Nah, Madoka has been a block of wood outside of 1 or 2 prior moments. Dwelling on the negative is what I do for battle skill evaluation but character moments there just has been a clear lacking and I do think that is a bit more objective then you or Shen give credit to.

That is to create ice techniques from scratch. 'Infusing' air with water doest make Ice, even if the show says thats how it works. If you were to freeze Katsuo's water, all youd be doing is dropping the temperature, not pushing air into it. Unless you can scientifically explain why infusing wind makes ice and prevents a water user from manipulating there own water infused chakra, I totally plan to use ice if Kai freezes water generated by Katsuo.

Im tired of people pretending Ice release and Boil release make a shred of sense. THERE BOTH NOTHING BUT WATER AT DIFFERENT TEMPERATURES. XD

Edit: And it would take you a bit of chakra to freeze Katsuo's tendrils. You couldnt simply turn them to ice as youve got no control over my chakra. Youd have to physically drop the temperature around my water enough to freeze it. By your logic, a fire ninja could make a water ninjas technique boil by heating up the water directly.

Also.....couldnt a water ninja technically just return there jutsu to its previous state? Even if you were to infuse wind chakra with my water to 'create ice', couldnt Katsuo and his superb chakra control simply separate his water from the foreign element? And by the same logic, couldnt a water user just infuse more water in the ice than the wind could handle, returning it to a liquid state? lol

There are a few ways for a water ninja to shut down an ice user, factually and via Naruto logic.

No...no no that’s not how that works.

That’s why that different bloodlines exist that can do these things, water ninjutsu isn’t a catch all for all techniques involving water. Ice is a solid, water is not. Therefore you cannot control them in the same way as water. Hence why there are different types for different kinds of manipulation.

@Shen: King of the Mist It took me a few secondarily to recognize the name change. But with that, your title as King of the Mist is now official XD

Hahah yeah! It’s been long sisnce needing an upgrade ^^

Nah, Madoka has been a block of wood outside of 1 or 2 prior moments. Dwelling on the negative is what I do for battle skill evaluation but character moments there just has been a clear lacking and I do think that is a bit more objective then you or Shen give credit to.

Have you ever considered the fact that due to there sheer number of ocs you run, not all of them will be very...significant? Significant may be the wrong wording. Point is, others have highly fleshed out characters because there attention is more focused on a few ocs.
You cant expect all of your oc's to make there presence known an equally significant amount.

No...no no that’s not how that works.

That’s why that different bloodlines exist that can do these things, water ninjutsu isn’t a catch all for all techniques involving water. Ice is a solid, water is not. Therefore you cannot control them in the same way as water. Hence why there are different types for different kinds of manipulation.

Okay Shen, we'll stick with the rules that dont make sense, lol. Katsuo wont utilize any of his water frozen by Kai.
But that doesnt change the fact that a water-nin could shut down an Ice-nin just as fast as they pull a freezing move.

Have you ever considered the fact that due to there sheer number of ocs you run, not all of them will be very...significant? Significant may be the wrong wording. Point is, others have highly fleshed out characters because there attention is more focused on a few ocs.
You cant expect all of your oc's to make there presence known an equally significant amount.

I'm not expecting Madoka to say be on Tomiko's level of relevance, but I am expecting her to be more than a literal block of wood. Ironic considering she is a puppet user.

Basically I just want enough for my cast to feel like characters.

Okay no. No a thousand times no! That is complete garbage.

Please dont base your opinion of that rather bias explanation. Im not saying a water nin can shoot ice like a Yuki. I was just saying, scientifically, even if Shen were to freeze Katsuo's water, he should still be able to control it. But Shen was going off the point that Wind is infused with Water to create ice in naruto.

Science vs Naruto. Im not trying to become an ice manipulator, lol. Im discussing how ice release doesnt make any sense.

And it was less of an ice debate and more of a real world science vs naruto science debate. That and the fact that the only thing standing between water nin and the manipulation of ice is a fancy title.

Please dont base your opinion of that rather bias explanation. Im not saying a water nin can shoot ice like a Yuki. I was just saying, scientifically, even if Shen were to freeze Katsuo's water, he should still be able to control it. But Shen was going off the point that Wind is infused with Water to create ice in naruto.

Science vs Naruto. Im not trying to become an ice manipulator, lol.

You know, call me crazy, but I think sticking to the canon rules of how clans work and Kekkei Genkai work and how abilities work vs. what you can pull from it should trump any science or head-canon material.

Science vs Naruto. Im not trying to become an ice manipulator, lol. Im discussing how ice release doesnt make any sense.

Though regardless it’s still cannon material.

And I already explained that due to it being in a different shape it is no longer ‘water’ but something new altogether

You know, call me crazy, but I think sticking to the canon rules of how clans work and Kekkei Genkai work and how abilities work vs. what you can pull from it should trump any science or head-canon material.

I already stated above that I woudlnt be trying to utilize my own frozen techniques for attacks. Im wondering why people are still attempting to shut me down because of an opinion.

Ya'll sure are strict on making sure people dont point out flaws huh? lol

I already stated above that I woudlnt be trying to utilize my own frozen techniques for attacks. Im wondering why people are still attempting to shut me down because of an opinion.

Because for a fantasy ninja series we seem to love prioritizing science and real-world logistics and mathematics over all else. Not just you clearly but the idea of Yuki Ice being manipulated in any capacity by non-Yuki cheapens that clan I feel.

And it's not a flaw if it is how it worked in the show just cause it doesn't line up with real world physics.

Because for a fantasy ninja series we seem to love prioritizing science and real-world logistics and mathematics over all else. Not just you clearly but the idea of Yuki Ice being manipulated in any capacity by non-Yuki cheapens that clan I feel.

And it's not a flaw if it is how it worked in the show just cause it doesn't line up with real world physics.

1. I wasnt saying Katsuo was gonna manipulate Yuki Ice. This discussion was about Kai freezing Katsuo's water techniques and Katsuo's manipulation of his now chakra infused ice. but once again, this has already been settled. Please dont comment on a debate unless you know exactly what is being discussed.

2. Its an intentional flaw. Thats my view, you have your own. Thats fine.

3. Kai literally has a dormant bloodline that allows organic control, meaning blood and all. And no ones complained that that cheapens the Ikeda's Clans blood release, so please dont pull that with me. Ive literally had to discuss with Shen how the Ikeda's Blood release should be on a higher level than the Hu's, so the Ikdea isnt basically a lesser version of them. Im directly on the end of that stick.

Kai literally has a dormant bloodline that allows organic control, meaning blood and all. And no ones complained that that cheapens the Ikeda's Clans blood release, so please dont pull that with me. Im directly on the end of that stick.
Haiahu was planned since the very beginning alongside the Hü clan. And the Ikeda have stronger direct blood control and techniques the Hü don’t. Also, the Hü appear wiped out