• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
She...wouldn't actually be that afraid of Reaver. She'd think Kiro is scarier than him.

To her he's just a really short guy in a really big tin suit. The fact thgt the Byakugan essentially strips away the Reaver part of him and leaves just Mitchi mitigates her fear to an extent.

Okay so a wounded Tayuya was enough to make her run in pure fear but Reaver wouldn't get a reaction?

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Uhuh. Reaver suit is scary, but Mitchi isnt at all. The dissonance of the two makes it even comical to an extent.

I mean Tayuya after getting beaten on by Kai wouldn't be in a fearful position to be honest. Which is more my main point just seems odd to me to no sell the suit at all.

Especially since she was so scared she knocked herself out on a tree branch in a panic...yet big death machine gets laughs :/

I mean Tayuya after getting beaten on by Kai wouldn't be in a fearful position to be honest. Which is more my main point just seems odd to me to no sell the suit at all.
Tayuya because of her bedraggled state would look intimidating.

Reaver looks intimidating until you reveal the four ft. man-child beneath the armor.

Furthermore, she isn't scared off Tayuya. What Furijia struggles with is a fear of disappointing her Clan and those around her. I'm fairly sure I did explain her rationale for fleeing from Tayuya on-sight.

Tayuya because of her bedraggled state would look intimidating.

Reaver looks intimidating until you reveal the four ft. man-child beneath the armor.

Furthermore, she isn't scared off Tayuya. What Furijia struggles with is a fear of disappointing her Clan and those around her. I'm fairly sure I did explain her rationale for fleeing from Tayuya on-sight.

Nah I reread it she ran only on the flight or fight response nothing to do with clan pride or lack of it XD

Her fight or flight responses being activated she choose the obvious choice and made a sudden dash. She weaved her way through the net of wires she'd created, grazing them with her fingers as she passed. While she fled, she'd embued the wires with her lightning chakra, creating an electric net behind her to cover her retreat.

Furijia

'Tsk, I'd been careless.' Her attention had been so focused on the battle off in the distance that she'd neglected to consider the possibility of an ambush from behind. Instead of making any sudden movements, the young Hyuga silently activated her byakugan. Immediately, a few things caught her attention, most noticeably the familiar face of Kai who for some reason seemed to be traveling with an enemy. Her body trembled slightly as she expanded the range of her vision...Sagisō was no where in sight, neither was Shura or the rest of the team that had set out. An ambush? Betrayal? What had happened to the Konoha ninja who'd accompanied Kai?

A myriad of conclusions and speculations ran through Furijia's mind, but she was launched into a high alert adrenaline rush. Her fight or flight responses being activated she choose the obvious choice and made a sudden dash. She weaved her way through the net of wires she'd created, grazing them with her fingers as she passed. While she fled, she'd embued the wires with her lightning chakra, creating an electric net behind her to cover her retreat.

She analyzed the situation, immediately noticed something was wrong and that her family, who were specifically mentioned, might've been in danger, so she choose not to engage in combat.

There's no mention of her being afraid, she only burst into tears after Sakura came and I gave reason for that.

She analyzed the situation, immediately noticed something was wrong and that her family, who were specifically mentioned, might've been in danger, so she choose not to engage in combat.

Something wrong with the team you mean? It wasn't just made up of Hyuga. That's what she analyzed not that he betrayed the Hyuga Clan.

Just saying she didn't have the most brave portrayal between that and the tunnel which made the fight with Taiyo and personality in said fight jarring (Which I commented at the time and we talked over then if I recall correctly).

Something wrong with the team you mean? It wasn't just made up of Hyuga. That's what she analyzed not that he betrayed the Hyuga Clan.

Just saying she didn't have the most brave portrayal between that and the tunnel which made the fight with Taiyo and personality in said fight jarring (Which I commented at the time and we talked over then if I recall correctly).
Contrary to what you and Shen seem to believe, she's not cowardly. And what I was implying was that based on the information available to her it seemed like her friends and family had been in danger and Kai might've betrayed them.

Being out on a mission alone for the first time why would she choose to fight both Tayuya and Kai?

She thought it better to flee the encounter, so she did.

I never said she was brave, but she's, again, not cowardly. She ran from Taiyo because he started yelling at her for what she saw to be no reason. For someone who I was trying to portray as childish, I felt it was an appropriate reaction.

Her fight with Taiyo was fueled by rage and impulse, because she's again, not a coward, but childish.

Edit:

I might be misrepresentating her personality in RP, but even before she was introduced I made it clear childish was what I was going for.

Now I need to find what those rabbits are a metaphor for without going to the obvious conclusion
Oh, I can slip it to you in that secret convo we have. At the same time, I need to plan out a fight scene in my head.

Question;

How do you see Sagisō and Furījia fighting together?

What style?

Sagisō takes point, of course, with Furījia as a supporting player. But I'm pining over how to choreograph their movements in 3D space.

Part of me wants to make it a CQC duo, but Shurikenjutsu is a thing too...

Oh, I can slip it to you in that secret convo we have. At the same time, I need to plan out a fight scene in my head.

Question;

How do you see Sagisō and Furījia fighting together?

What style?

Sagisō takes point, of course, with Furījia as a supporting player. But I'm pining over how to choreograph their movements in 3D space.

Part of me wants to make it a CQC duo, but Shurikenjutsu is a thing too...
Oh yeah, that convo.

I have no idea, I avoid direct fighting and CQC unless I can one-shot someone e.g. Kiro for a reason. I suck at writing those scenes