• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I never had Danzo be that blatant in the RP. That is just being unfair to my presentation of him.
I'm talking about in canon.
Why do they even accept? What is Danzo offering them in return?
There's no reason to deny?

Unless they just really don't like Danzo, and I think he's got permission to do that from the Kage, so blatant refusal isn't allowed? something like that. I'd have to refresh myself with knowledge on root.

Okay I don't think canon Danzo outside of filler was this blunt either. He did managed to get an alliance with Hanzo and is typically much smarter than this IMO.
upload_2019-3-17_21-51-43.png

And here we see Danzo walking with the Head of the Aburame Clan and asking him to send someone to root :T

The civil war was supposed to be caused by the growing unrest during Danzo’s tenure as Kage if I recall correctly. Here Nebby and I are still trying to figure out how to get Tsunade out of there. It’s much more difficult then I imagined. Even when Danzo becomes Hokage, we’ll have to spend even more time developing the growing chaos in the Leaf :(

Danzo is evil yea, but he's not viewed as evil by the village. As far as anyone knows, root is just a more serious version of the Anbu that deals with dirty business. There aren't really any negative connotations to joining it. It's not viewed as selling your children to Danzo or anything like that.

The civil war was supposed to be caused by the growing unrest during Danzo’s tenure as Kage if I recall correctly. Here Nebby and I are still trying to figure out how to get Tsunade out of there. It’s much more difficult then I imagined. Even when Danzo becomes Hokage, we’ll have to spend even more time developing the growing chaos in the Leaf :(

To be fair, if Danzo had taken over as Kage immediately (Like he tried to subtly offer when Jiraiya made the pitch) this fork in the road would have remained strong all the same given the Clan Heads know his game.

To be fair, if Danzo had taken over as Kage immediately (Like he tried to subtly offer when Jiraiya made the pitch) this fork in the road would have remained strong all the same given the Clan Heads know his game.
Fair point. Getting Tsunade out seems to be really difficult though. Even if we put some of the blame of the Uchiha Massacre on her, there will have to be something else.

Fair point. Getting Tsunade out seems to be really difficult though. Even if we put some of the blame of the Uchiha Massacre on her, there will have to be something else.

It's not really gonna be that hard. Not easy but not hard. Tsunade can at times make emotional-based decisions that he can campaign against to the council so really we just need any incident that causes such a reaction and we are good to go. I never made it a roadblock that cannot be overcome, just a means to dely having another civil war happen right after the Invasion & Sound Chase back to back XD

It's not really gonna be that hard. Tsunade can at times make emotional-based decisions that he can campaign against to the council so really we just need any incident that causes such a reaction and we are good to go. I never made it a roadblock that cannot be overcome, just a means to dely having another civil war happen right after the Invasion & Sound Chase back to back XD
The Civil War was meant to be one of the tie ins into the main world war at the end of the RP. So there is still a lot of time to get this sorted out. I’ll be sure to ask you for any advice, if that’s alright.

Not to undermine your point but this is a filler episode :p

It may happen during the war but it was only made up for the anime.
Either way, I doubt Danzo could just yoink Clan members into the Foundation with the Clan Heads none-the-wiser. So one way or another, they would know something was up.

I’m guessing Furījia is off the table lel
Furījia..? In Root..? That's a funny joke :D

The way things are going though, Hinagiku could probably be more of a threat to Danzo. She’ll probably get suspicious when the massacre happens, especially if she knows Kiro had interactions with Danzo. I guess I could make the Uchiha partially deserving of it so she understands why it may have been necessary. Then again, who’s to say the Hyūga won’t be next. Those two will need to have a deal in place or something...

By that same extension, I don't think he also asks people out in the literal open and makes no effort to be subtle about this. It goes both ways IMO.
I think he would. It's the best way to go about it. It's legal, he has the jurisdiction and the backing of the Kage.

He doesn't need to sneak around to get members for root. Trying to secretly yoink children would just cause an issue.

It's not like he does this in the middle of the street or anything, but I don't see why he wouldn't just approach a Clan Head as shown.

The way things are going though, Hinagiku could probably be more of a threat to Danzo. She’ll probably get suspicious when the massacre happens, especially if she knows Kiro had interactions with Danzo. I guess I could make the Uchiha partially deserving of it so she understands why it may have been necessary. Then again, who’s to say the Hyūga won’t be next. Those two will need to have a deal in place or something...
I think everyone would get suspicious of a Clan was Massacred overnight.

What you'd need to do is simply play a convincing rouse.

In canon, they had Itachi's help and he actually did massacre the whole clan, so they could shift all the blame to him to avoid massive unrest.

I think everyone would get suspicious of a Clan was Massacred overnight.

What you'd need to do is simply play a convincing rouse.

In canon, they had Itachi's help and he actually did massacre the whole clan, so they could shift all the blame to him to avoid massive unrest.
So even if Kiro played Itachi’s role in the massacre, no one would believe it? That hurts lmao

I can think of plenty of reasons, makes him look like a cartoon villain with no subtly and makes the clan heads seem stupid for not questioning more about Root given what they do with kids there.
I would disagree. Root is like the CIA or FBI or something. They're created as the guys who deal with the dirty work, and while they're mysterious to the common people, those in power should be more informed.

That being said, the nature of the job makes it a fact that secrecy is of the highest priority. The Anbu are shinobi who are sent to do missions in which they can leave absolutely no leads back to Konoha. They're the guys used to go around the rules per see.

The criteria for Anbu is also very strict, it requires not only talent but a certain personality, which is why they refused to accept Guy for the job.

The main issue though, is that Danzo at this point isn't a villain. He doesn't need to act like one. He can be open and above board because everything he's doing is perfectly legal.

I would disagree. Root is like the CIA or FBI or something. They're created as the guys who deal with the dirty work, and while they're mysterious to the common people, those in power should be more informed.

Except that is what the ANBU alone are supposed to be. Root was Danzo's more secret faction and not as common knowledge as has been presented. Just because they happen to have a Hyuga or Yamanaka in it doesn't mean the entire clan is in on the know.