• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Probably caught up in the hype of the moment more than anything. Honestly though this was a major error on our ends, not the slap (That was worth it) but the timing. Should have delayed it a post or two to give Kiro a chance to clear the air with Tayuya and fought for it like I fought for every other nitpick XD

You are still complaining about it, even though we both agreed XD

Damn Jacob, Kiro’s future was in your hands the whole time and this is what you did lel

To be fair when I first made the proposal for the Genjutsu and using it to talk with Kiro you didn't post anything or even make a comment. I tried to make an opening Shen just filled it up before Kiro had a chance to respond. Made that clear in the discussion before I fucked up royally. Apologies.

To be fair when I first made the proposal for the Genjutsu and using it to talk with Kiro you didn't post anything or even make a comment. I tried to make an opening Shen just filled it up before Kiro had a chance to respond. Made that clear in the discussion before I fucked up royally. Apologies.

Nah, I complain about everything else about that fight. The bitch slap as an isolated moment was genius. Just in conjunction with how Tayuya performed elsewhere it was a bad reflection.

In all fairness, I looked back in the convo and you made no reference to how it was supposed to be Kiro oriented as well. So there was no way for me to reasonably know

He bowed to receive the cursed seal if I remember correctly.
He took a knee to Orochimaru. And Azumi remembers the process too, so don’t think it was just a sound only incident in remembering that lol
Kiro really didn’t think things through
Yeahhhh power has consequences. Reaver is a living example of that

Kiro eyed Orochimaru with keen interest as the snake leaned in closer to him. He noticed the two fangs but didn’t suspect them of anything.

‘Earth and heaven...’ Kiro thought as he listened closely to what was said. Two boundaries that should never be broken, let alone put together. ‘The power that I could possess...’

Kiro’s eyes immediately turned to Zaku’s direction when he heard the name ‘Orochimaru.’ ‘So that’s his name.’ Kiro had heard the rumors of a certain ninja known for his experiments as well as his malicious ways. Kiro slightly grinned when he put the pieces together. He was standing right next one of the most infamous ninja in the world. Yes he was a criminal, but if one of the legendary sanin was willing to give him power, then Kiro would take it. “That power, give it to me.” Kiro spoke up as he walked forwards. Kiro unconsciously let his desire for power control him rather than the more calmer, smarter part of his mind.

So he took a knee so Orochimaru so he could get the cursed seal and then it suddenly means he swearing his life to the Sound?

Honestly I feel there was a miscommunication between Shen & Retro here that set Kiro off on the wrong foot that should have been talked about before hand.

Maybe I could have been a tad more clear. I think not so much as ‘swore loyalty’. More so ‘I ordered my Uchiha and it hasn’t come in yet, better make it an express package’

Maybe I could have been a tad more clear. I think not so much as ‘swore loyalty’. More so ‘I ordered my Uchiha and it hasn’t come in yet, better make it an express package’
That makes more sense. Kiro just wanted the power and nothing else from Orochimaru. So he knew there would be consequences for betraying Orochimaru like that. He basically tried to steal and get away with it. But when the Sound showed up in the Medical Ward after he just healed, he couldn’t just turn on them there or they would kill him.

I guess that was my thought process for that moment. It’s also reasonable to assume a concern he would have for revealing his true intentions to the Sound would be that Orochimaru would come after him. Which could be why he’s hesitant to do anything.

Ah, do that when you're not under Hyūga supervision though. Someone else can take the drop for screwing up royally, but I've no intentions of doing so.
Uh yeah, I still want Kiro to get to the Sound but not within the current situation.

I mean Kiro joining the Sound was the original plan back then. Having Kiro attempt to do it without a justifiable reason during the escape arc just wasn’t a good look. If he went to the Sound willingly now, he’ll just be betraying his own values more than anything. I’m not gonna make the same mistake as last time and force him to the Sound.

He’ll still probably betray Orochimaru after the Uchiha massacre though. But he won’t kill him, that’s for Raiku. Of course then Kiro would be doing it under the snake or maybe Danzo’s orders and he also wouldn’t have any emotional attachment to the Uchiha anyways unless he stay in the Leaf for a few more months. Plus it works in Orochimaru’s favor since he thinks he’s getting free eyes.

Joining Orochimaru also works in Kiro’s favor cuz he gets to learn more about the cursed seal and he could go after the Kiba blades, which is necessary. Don’t how he would do that in the Leaf. So joining the Sound would probably be better for him actually. Even though he wouldn’t be loyal, he’ll still offer his services while he’s there as long as he’s getting what he wants.

The only problem is that I’d rather him be taken forcibly at this point since he won’t go willingly. But if we wait a bit longer and Danzo gets ahold of him, then Orochimaru wouldn’t have to lift a finger to get Kiro >:D

Uh yeah, I still want Kiro to get to the Sound but not within the current situation.

I mean Kiro joining the Sound was the original plan back then. Having Kiro attempt to do it without a justifiable reason during the escape arc just wasn’t a good look. If he went to the Sound willingly now, he’ll just be betraying his own values more than anything. I’m not gonna make the same mistake as last time and force him to the Sound.

He’ll still probably betray Orochimaru after the Uchiha massacre though. But he won’t kill him, that’s for Raiku. Of course then Kiro would be doing it under the snake or maybe Danzo’s orders and he also wouldn’t have any emotional attachment to the Uchiha anyways unless he stay in the Leaf for a few more months. Plus it works in Orochimaru’s favor since he thinks he’s getting free eyes.

Joining Orochimaru also works in Kiro’s favor cuz he gets to learn more about the cursed seal and he could go after the Kiba blades, which is necessary. Don’t how he would do that in the Leaf. So joining the Sound would probably be better for him actually. Even though he wouldn’t be loyal, he’ll still offer his services while he’s there as long as he’s getting what he wants.

The only problem is that I’d rather him be taken forcibly at this point since he won’t go willingly. But if we wait a bit longer and Danzo gets ahold of him, then Orochimaru wouldn’t have to lift a finger to get Kiro >:D

Give me a minute or two on my post. Have an interesting dynamic here to add to Kiro's choice.

Maybe, but Mori finding ways to win is basically his gimmick at this point XD would have to wait and see.
I like that you are incredibly worried about getting a good showing, and I just wing it and win. Still think I get too much credit for my wins, but that's a different can of worms

I wouldn’t know XD

Well, that explains why the poll from the first exam question is still up there XD
^This