• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let’s be honest here and say that if I didn’t say anything, Tomiko would’ve kept getting back up and Kiro would’ve lost cuz I was not gonna do the same thing.

That just is not true. The way the battle went Tomiko would have lost no matter how long the battle went. I only had her get back up so many times because it was the only thing I did to make the match even semi-interesting since Kiro kept using the perfect counters to everything Tomiko tried and until the broken rib (Which didn't come till the later half of the battle, and was sort-of only effective cause Orochimaru earlier) nothing she did had any effect on him at all.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Are we forgetting Jacob’s rant? Ok so bssically I think from retros POV anything he did against her was meaningless because she would get back up. From godjacob POV it was super one sided and only way to keep it interesting was to get up and broken rib was mostly because of orochimaru whole everything else only got a scratch on kiro

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Orochimaru apparently mostly caused Kiro’s broken rib while Tomiko just gave it the extra push or something according to Jacob

Kiro was damaged from his fight from Orochimaru earlier. It was a "weak point" that Kiro highlighted before hand. Like Kenji's injuries only to a lesser degree. Orochimaru likely didn't break it but it was softened a bit by him prior. Nothing crazy or anything.

But like I said, that was personal paranoia at the time. In the end I was able to make the fight work for Tomiko's character arc. If Retro felt I was trying to undermine him with Tomiko's stubborn resolve I do apologize.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I think the part where you were wrong at which led to him being annoyed was that it was necessary for her to have superhuman endurance to keep it interesting which I don’t think was true at all

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Oh! Like in the forest of death? Okay. Makes more sense. Hm, I suppose that the fight seemed one sided but it worked for the best in my opinion. Tomiko got some character buildings while Kiro was able to show off his power, compared to being beaten by Orochimaru earlier.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I’ll be honest here, I don’t want any of my OC’s going up against Tomiko any time soon because of how crazy her endurance is. Sorry if that was harsh/hurtul

I’ll be honest here, I don’t want any of my OC’s going up against Tomiko any time soon because of how crazy her endurance is. Sorry if that was harsh/hurtul

I do intend to tone it down overall. In fact Tomiko's thing is not to tank so many blows and learn when to call it a day sometimes; that pushing her body out of pride is a bad thing even if it is commendable she doesn't want to quit.

I won't be that annoying again I promise.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
It’s ok, sorry that you thought it was annoying. At least, for me it wasn’t. I’m just scared I’ll have to go up against near susanoo rib cage level of defense without any jutsu xD

It’s ok, sorry that you thought it was annoying. At least, for me it wasn’t. I’m just scared I’ll have to go up against near susanoo rib cage level of defense without any jutsu xD

Nah man I understand.

And really she still felt pain and was limited as the battle progressed. Not like I had her no sell everything. Her arms were useless in the final exchanges of that fight due to the damage from the lightning. I don't think it was THAT high.

That just is not true. The way the battle went Tomiko would have lost no matter how long the battle went. I only had her get back up so many times because it was the only thing I did to make the match even semi-interesting since Kiro kept using the perfect counters to everything Tomiko tried and until the broken rib (Which didn't come till the later half of the battle, and was sort-of only effective cause Orochimaru earlier) nothing she did had any effect on him at all.
To be completely honest Kiro isn't as OP as you make him out to be. I can tell you'd taken a few of those blows intentionally with the intent of not sounding too 'Mary Sue', and from there it was all downhill since Tomiko had already started to accumulate damage.

The most notable being with the HeadHunter Jutsu. It really wasn't necessary to have walked right into a trap...

To be completely honest Kiro isn't as OP as you make him out to be. I can tell you'd taken a few of those blows intentionally with the intent of not sounding too 'Mary Sue', and from there it was all downhill since Tomiko had already started to accumulate damage.

The most notable being with the HeadHunter Jutsu. It really wasn't necessary to have walked right into a trap...

Yeahhh touching an electric man want the best plan In hindsight

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Till I get to at least full, Hashima will just be focusing on getting rid of Genjutsu and ninjutsu tbh. Focusing, doesn’t mean she won’t do other stuff.

I think the part where you were wrong at which led to him being annoyed was that it was necessary for her to have superhuman endurance to keep it interesting which I don’t think was true at all

I wish that had been the case. And I did try to have Tomiko use varied tactics and jutsu to try and push Kiro without just relying on just being able to push past the pain of being hit. But nothing Tomiko tried had any effect before the Taijutsu blow to his ribs. He countered everything and blew up the stage when Tomiko tried to use it against him.

Oh! Like in the forest of death? Okay. Makes more sense. Hm, I suppose that the fight seemed one sided but it worked for the best in my opinion. Tomiko got some character buildings while Kiro was able to show off his power, compared to being beaten by Orochimaru earlier.

I am happy with the end result.

Well that's just how I RP. I don't want to be the guy to avoid every blow, counter everything or no sell everything because I feel that undermines another OC. But given the nature of how we do fights here I will have to change that mindset.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
In the ninja world it’s kill or be killed... nah just saying nobody here can go weak or else they’ll ey slaughtered

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
But it’s fact. And it’s a bit unfair for lightning style users to be weak to earth too, it makes it have two weaknesses and nothing it’s good against. This isn’t Pokémon types guys xD

Well that's just how I RP. I don't want to be the guy to avoid every blow, counter everything or no sell everything because I feel that undermines another OC. But given the nature of how we do fights here, I will have to change that mindset.
Ehhh, I call it being too nice.

Yea, once Wyst gets to training Kevin you'll break out of it fast. The best way to improve is through life-and-death tribulation!

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Ehhh, I call it being too nice.

Yea, once Wyst gets to training Kevin you'll break out of it fast. The best way to improve is through life-and-death tribulation!
I agree, at least in this RP if you purposely try to make yourself weak so you don’t seem better than others then your just gonna be destroyed by everyone else

But it’s fact. And it’s a bit unfair for lightning style users to be weak to earth too, it makes it have two weaknesses and nothing it’s good against. This isn’t Pokémon types guys xD

According to Naruto water somehow beats Earth and Earth somehow loses to lightning. Neither of which make a lick of sense to me. This is an AU, we don't have to accept everything the series said was true as canon here. Otherwise half of Kurama would stomp all the other tailed beasts.

According to Naruto water somehow beats Earth and Earth somehow loses to lightning. Neither of which make a lick of sense to me. This is an AU, we don't have to accept everything the series said was true as canon here. Otherwise half of Kurama would stomp all the other tailed beasts.
Nah, Earth Beats water. Idk what Naruto's talking about.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Water doesn’t beat earth unless it’s like b rank vs d rank, also if that’s the case then that also means I’ll have to change a very important aspect of one of my characters cuz lightning style is crap

Water doesn’t beat earth unless it’s like b rank vs d rank, also if that’s the case then that also means I’ll have to change a very important aspect of one of my characters cuz lightning style is crap

Ice style is the exception, because ice can make earth as brittle as glass if it seeped into it