• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
It also makes kenji so easy to beat. But I also think if you’d have to have Tomiko or Kenji die you’d choose Tomiko easily

It also makes kenji so easy to beat. But I also think if you’d have to have Tomiko or Kenji die you’d choose Tomiko easily

Not really. Lightning is the most OP of the elements normally with the highest damage output. Especially compared to fire which in the canon series was useless. Only Amaterasu made it a big threat.

So water is now the weakest element? Changing the stronger and weaker than elements are completely unncesserary, confusing, and it makes me angry.

Fair enough. We can go with Naruto's elemental advantages though I think it was kinda silly how they used it. Though the Eastern explanation kyuu used is interesting (Even if they only did this so that Naruto would have some edge over Sasuke.)

Like I said its because they're the eastern elements.

The Five Elements for Chinese are

Fire, Water, Wood, Earth, Metal

and their relationship goes like this;

• Wood fuels fire. | Wood weak to fire
  • Fire forms earth (volcanoes, ash, etc.). | Fire weak to earth
  • Earth contains metal. | Earth Weak to metal
  • Metal carries water (buckets, pipes, etc.). | Metal weak to water
  • Water feeds wood (trees, plants, etc.). | Water weak to wood

Then the cycle renews.

For Naruto, they do something similar.

• Fire (火, Hi) is strong against Wind but weak against Water.
  • Wind (風, Kaze) is strong against Lightning but weak against Fire.
  • Lightning (雷, Kaminari) is strong against Earth but weak against Wind.
  • Earth (土, Tsuchi) is strong against Water but weak against Lightning.
  • Water (水, Mizu) is strong against Fire but weak against Earth.

Following the same thought process, it's likely something like this.

• Wind Fuels Fire | Wind weak to fire
  • Fire is quenched by water | Fire weak to water
  • Water is absorbed by earth | Water weak to earth
  • Earth is charred by lighting | Earth Weak to lightning
  • Wind insulated Lightning | Lighting weak to wind

yea... something like that

Besides I feel if we had a water-style user versus a lightning style user in this story there will be an argument about "Well the lightning guy should win cause water is conductive of electricity" which would give Lightning two advantages in the story.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
No, water is incredibly strong to fire style, not to mention water can be utilized to do many of things, being the seemingly best utilizers to genjustu there is.
We’re not talking about utility, every element is near equal there, were talking about effectiveness against others. If lightning style is made strong against water then water is the only element with two weaknesses. Also all the elements have reasons why they’re stronger and weaker against others, why can’t we just accept those explanations?

Oh, by the way. Lightning spreads out laterally across water, which means that if a lightning bolt hits water it'll spread across the surface of the water instead of going right through it.

So water isn't actually weak to lightning, you just didn't have enough water.

We’re not talking about utility, every element is near equal there, were talking about effectiveness against others. If lightning style is made strong against water then water is the only element with two weaknesses. Also all the elements have reasons why they’re stronger and weaker against others, why can’t we just accept those explanations?

If we make Lightning neutral against Water I could accept it even if it is weird. Though kyuu's explanation does help. If we argue water is "conductive" in this setting it gives Lightning an additional edge over the multiple elements. That's my big worry.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Besides I feel if we had a water-style user versus a lightning style user in this story there will be an argument about "Well the lightning guy should win cause water is conductive of electricity" which would give Lightning two advantages in the story.

It’s a two way disadvantage. If the user has water in him, he’d All but lost, since if he used lightning he’d be dead

If we make Lightning neutral against Water I could accept it even if it is weird. Though kyuu's explanation does help. If we argue water is "conductive" in this setting it gives Lightning an additional edge over the multiple elements. That's my big worry.
Oh, by the way. Lightning spreads out laterally across water, which means that if a lightning bolt hits water it'll spread across the surface of the water instead of going right through it.

So water isn't actually weak to lightning, you just didn't have enough water.
^
gotcha covered!

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Not really, I’d suggest they just be equal in strength since they have no special relationship with the other elements, again this isn’t Pokémon types. So let’s say the water style user used a c rank water style ninjutsu and the lightning style user used b rank lightning style ninjutsu then the lightning style ninjutsu would be stronger and vice versa. The only special relationship is they make stronger jutsu if used together

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Let’s say Yukimaru walked on water and Kiro used electric style ninjutsu on the water, Yukimaru would get electrocuted. Now let’s say Kiro used lightning style c rank against Yukimaru and he countered with b rank water style, the water jutsu would win and end up hurting Kiro.

I mean, that's true about any element. It's about same rank jutsu versus same rank jutsu that matters as far as elemental balance goes. If we go with kyuu's explanation it is fine, though there is a risk of lightning having multiple benefits if you do not spam enough water to disperse the lightning.

Let’s say Yukimaru walked on water and Kiro used electric style ninjutsu on the water, Yukimaru would get electrocuted. Now let’s say Kiro used lightning style c rank against Yukimaru and he countered with b rank water style, the water jutsu would win and end up hurting Kiro.
This is true. But again that's because Lightning travels across the surface of water.

If for example, you were underwater, the lightning would travel across the surface of the water and leave you unharmed. If you're swimming and lightning strikes the sea it's better for you to try and dive deeper because it's safer.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
If for example, you were underwater, the lightning would travel across the surface of the water and leave you unharmed. If you're swimming and lightning strikes the sea it's better for you to try and dive deeper because it's safer.
Good to know. So if when Kiro used lightning style on the water Yukimaru began swimming in it he wouldn’t be affected, correct?

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I really don’t think you need a lot of water to disperse it, pretty sure a c rank water style v c rank lightning style would just cancel out

Good to know. So if when Kiro used lightning style on the water Yukimaru began swimming in it he wouldn’t be affected, correct?
If you were deep enough then you'd be fine.

But obviously, if Kiro is gonna charge up a Chidori and try to swim through the water towards you then you'd still get hit.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
If that was the case from the beginning... then wtf was the point of this argument? Wait this all started because lightning style is effective against earth style, this was all pointless.
Bottom line just listen to kyuu. kyuu knows all.
so kyuu to you is like how pain is to Azumi?

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Suigetsu was a Hozuki clan member so if he used his kekkei genkai against lightning style he would’ve gotten destroyed

I just watched Swagkage’s video explaining lightning style and he stated that water can be used with lightning to increase the damage of the lightning or increase the damage of the water.

In fact, watch what Omoi did to a group of white Zetsu while underwater. Even there, lightning is still dangerous.

In fact, watch what Omoi did to a group of white Zetsu while underwater. Even there, lightning is still dangerous.

Which again raises a worry lightning style having an edge over the other elements. I doubt a water style user would be able to replicate this in, say, the sky during a thunderstorm or something XD

Also makes me think are we including Zetsu in this AU or not? I think it's been answered but I am not 100% sure.

So who is on the Akatsuki? (Before any of our OCs join). Itachi is not a member either. I presume the Ame-trio are members but this should be something we work out XD

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Taiyo watched as Yasu left, somewhat curious of what he was capable of. He noticed a bunch of Mist-nin conversing, but he decided to keep his distance, in case if any of them happen to be Xenophobic.
let me correct you a bit, Kai is the only known xenophobic person of the mist, nobody else in the series is even known to by like that.

I think tobi too, but what type idk.

The type that's a good character XD

I'm just kidding. I don't care who is in the group so long as we do have an idea of who is in it before we go too far along. Don't want to introduce the group without knowing who half the membership is made of.