• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Yasu just doesn't have a way of dealing with Zaku, I hate to admit it but unless Shen wanted to lose there's just no way for me to win. Zaku is like a perfect counter to everything I do, I really wanted to win for the story too... Whatever, I tried my hardest.

It sucks, cause Zaku winning is kinda dark and Yasu winning would serve the plot better. But as you said logically Zaku is a good counter to Yasu.

Though we are running short on good guys. All the darker characters might advance which is kinda gloomy. Yasu was the closest to a Naruto character we have and he could be out in the first round.

It’s kind if like Hinata vs Neji, your always rooting for Hinata but you know Neji is most likely going to win. Oh well, We’ll see what Yasu can do, While zaku is strong against him I didnt expect the sword attack. I’m not sure what else he may have on his sleeve

It’s kind if like Hinata vs Neji, your always rooting for Hinata but you know Neji is most likely going to win. Oh well, We’ll see what Yasu can do, While zaku is strong against him I didnt expect the sword attack. I’m not sure what else he may have on his sleeve

Difference is there was a Naruto character there the general audience could root for. All the favorites at this point are darker characters and Sagiso is more of a neutral party.

But yeah, Yasu needs to just keep fighting. The battle is not over yet.

Well I mean, you become immune to some things when living in the hidden sand, especially when dealing with bugs and snakes and scorpions while trying to get bird feathers that carry diseases

I'm kidding. Madoka already showed signs of being immune to her own poison during her fight with Zaku. So I can understand this. Makes sense to develop that kind of survival tendency living in a literal desert.

What are you talking about? Also I know you're doing bro, putting kunai in the mud. YOU CANT FOOL ME HAHHAHA
You’re close but that’s not just it.
*cough* A few of the 36 Stratagems, for you

Create something from nothing
  • (無中生有/无中生有, Wú zhōng shēng yǒu)
  • A plain lie. Make somebody believe there was something when there is in fact nothing. One method of using this strategy is to create an illusion of something's existence, while it does not exist. Another method is to create an illusion that something does not exist, while it does.
Openly repair the gallery roads, but sneak through the passage of Chencang
  • (明修棧道,暗渡陳倉/明修栈道,暗渡陈仓, Míng xiū zhàn dào, àn dù Chéncāng)
  • Deceive the enemy with an obvious approach that will take a very long time, while surprising him by taking a shortcut and sneak up to him. As the enemy concentrates on the decoy, he will miss you sneaking up to him. This tactic is an extension of the "Make a sound in the east, then strike in the west" tactic. But instead of simply spreading misinformation to draw the enemy's attention, physical baits are used to increase the enemy's certainty on the misinformation. These baits must be easily seen by the enemy, to ensure that they draw the enemy's attention. At the same time, the baits must act as if they are meant to do what they were falsely doing, to avoid drawing the enemy's suspicion.
  • In the present day, "sneak through the passage of Chencang" also has the meaning of having an affair or doing something that is illegal.
Stomp the grass to scare the snake
  • (打草驚蛇/打草惊蛇, Dá cǎo jīng shé)
  • Do something unaimed, but spectacular ("hitting the grass") to provoke a response of the enemy ("startle the snake"), thereby giving away his plans or position, or just taunt him. Do something unusual, strange, and unexpected as this will arouse the enemy's suspicion and disrupt his thinking. More widely used as "[Do not] startle the snake by hitting the grass". An imprudent act will give your position or intentions away to the enemy.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I barely watch anime anymore, expect Shippuden which I'm only in like episode 60 on. I mostly spend time thinking about this RP/

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
A classic action of a past mistake, do people just not learn from the past? That's a near perfect example of like with Tomiko, you take damage and you describe it, and then in your next sentence it appears as if you never had any damage in the first place.