• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Discussion Thread

After all this time it's not dead. Holy shit. I'm in. (Why did I base this OC off Kingdom Hearts XD)

Name: Sora
Trainer Class (What goal do you have in mind for your character? Contests/Battler/Breeder/etc.): Battler
Physical Appearance: (Yes, he is riding a motorcycle)
1680399243004.png

Personality: Sora is your average nice guy. Always wanting to help people out. He will always forgive people, but if said person killed someone, he would hate them. He dislikes himself or others being seen as pathetic or annoying.
Backstory: Sora's parents were killed the day he turned one. He made friends in the orphanage and, eventually, he set off to see the world. When he turned ten, he flew to Galar to get his starter.
Starter: Scorbunny (now a Level 72 Cinderace)

After all this time it's not dead. Holy shit. I'm in. (Why did I base this OC off Kingdom Hearts XD)

Name: Sora
Trainer Class (What goal do you have in mind for your character? Contests/Battler/Breeder/etc.): Battler
Physical Appearance: (Yes, he is riding a motorcycle)
View attachment 946932
Personality: Sora is your average nice guy. Always wanting to help people out. He will always forgive people, but if said person killed someone, he would hate them. He dislikes himself or others being seen as pathetic or annoying.
Backstory: Sora's parents were killed the day he turned one. He made friends in the orphanage and, eventually, he set off to see the world. When he turned ten, he flew to Galar to get his starter.
Starter: Scorbunny (now a Level 72 Cinderace)
Looks good, have fun!

Here is a list of all the dates happening in specific areas, what's happening, and the characters and what their people are doing. You may either ask or join a group or have your character go on a solo journey. Having a goal in mind for what your character should go on a journey for would help. Generally a good idea to ask a person about joining their characters for a journey.

The other RPers, if anything is wrong, let me know lmfao. I'll change it. This is basically a summary for everyone recently.

Kanto:
Nothing recent has happened here.

Johto:
July 19, Tuesday - Reina Cortez (Hecotoro), Desmond Andrews (Godjacob), Esther Sophys (kyuukestu), Aldon Charlton (ThAtGuY101), Eveline Velsh and Genevieve (Quantum Lila), Rick (Ridge), Nakano Saito (Merciless Medic), Savannah Mable (Grand Master Koop), Shanya "Colored" Harika (Alternate_Mystery), and Quincy Palmer (| Korutesu |) are on the anime-exclusive island of Yellow Rock Isle of the Whirl Islands. Reina, Desmond, Esther, Aldon, Eveline, Rick, Nakano, Gene, Savannah, Colored, and Quincy are on the beach, with all but Gene, Savannah, Colored, and Quincy handling the Blastoise. I don't know if Colored's and Quincy's players are going to be continuing, and the main group (not counting Rick, Colored, or Quincy) will be splitting after the Whirl Cup (have to enter with 3 Water-Typed Pokemon). Currently, Reina almost or did catch a giant two-story Blastoise that attacked the group after it has awoken from its slumber, so the group will be heading to Red Rock Isle soon for the Whirl Cup. Once they reach Cianwood City, the group will be splitting, and my character will be bouncing in between Sinnoh and Johto for the journey she has there and for the festivals. The group consists of a mixture of new and strong trainers, from trainers who just started their journey to those who are intermediate (the only outlier one being of a low level league champ tier, but she won't be staying in Johto for long).

Orange Islands:
June 2, Thursday - Reginald Valerias (Merciless Medic), Adrianne Silvers (Godjacob), and Briar Hightower (ThAtGuY101) are on Tangelo Island. Adrianne just started her journey and her and Reggie are going to compete in the Orange League. They are all WCS registered and they'll be going on that journey. However, Godjacob has stated in the Discord that he wouldn't want anymore high-level trainers traveling with Adrianne, as having Reggie and Briar is already enough in terms of how strong they are (one is intermediate, the other far stronger). I would also prefer keeping that group small for my ease of comfort (as the Johto one is really big and I'll be Naka dip from that one).

Hoenn:

Sinnoh:
June 14, Tuesday - Kaden Miller (IDKWhatUserNameToDo) and Ezio Farello (DarkHydraT) are in Pastoria City's Grand Lake Hotel. They just finished their battle, and will be parting probably (unsure).

June 15, Wednesday (Haven't checked) - Planning on having Nakano Saito and Ezio Farello meet up to have some mystery thing happen in Solaceon Town's ruins, and also have their Aerodactyls meet. Will have to talk to DarkHydraT about that.

June 17, Friday - Nakano Saito (Merciless Medic), Gwen Tucker (IDKWhatUserNameToDo), and Ron Towers (Hecotoro) are currently in Eterna City, but they are about to leave. We do have some pretty intense plots happening, but the group intends to stay small, so we won't be allowing others to join, especially as it's about to ramp up.

Unova:
June 16, Thursday - Aldon Charlton's (ThAtGuY101) solo adventure in Undella Town's Abyssal Ruins.

Kalos:
July 2, Saturday - Montagne "Monty" Khastil (~Patriot~), Azumi Towers (Hecotoro), Esther Sophys (kyuukestu), and Nico Flynn (| Korutesu |) are in Lumiose City, Monty trying to keep the cop-in-training Azumi from finding out he is a criminal while they all travel around Kalos and getting stronger. They are all substantially new here, while Azumi is the only strong trainer amongst them. Monty in-character wouldn't want anymore people joining the group so as to keep the possibility of his criminal status being shown, but they also intend to keep the group small here.

Alola:
Nico Flynn (| Korutesu |) is going to be traveling to Alola here pretty soon.

Galar:
June 16, Thursday - Nicole Newman (DarkHydraT) and Lara Brook (IDKWhatUserNameToDo) are in North Lake Miloch chilling and waiting for a Swablu swarm.

August 1, Monday - Laura Willham (Grand Master Koop) is in the midst of a gym battle in Turffield, and she will join up with Kurashiki Ki (Hecotoro) later to travel Galar. Laura is still a relatively intermediate trainer.

August 2, Tuesday - Wilford Pine (sSoul) and Cole Forrest (Merciless Medic) are challenging the Turffield gym, with Briar Hightower (ThAtGuY101) watching. sSoul and I plan on having the two-character group small, as the posting rate is not only really slow, but to allow the two to get stronger without higher-leveled people preventing them from doing so (I say that because Wilford and Cole are not nice people and will avoid stronger people like the plague if they can help it).

Paldea:
Nothing recent has happened here yet.

However, while the selection may seem difficult to jump into, always ask the players if there is room for you to join if you're unsure, and have something for your character to do. Since your character is really strong, it's going to be difficult for you to merge with those who have generally newer trainers or those with delicate plots. There should also be a reason for the characters to stay in the group.

If you have an idea for a plot for your character to do, ask who would be interested in joining and do some plotting with people. We heavily encourage plotting, as it's fun and allows you to find other RPers to play with you easier. :D

Last edited:
June 17, Friday - Nakano Saito (Merciless Medic), Gwen Tucker (IDKWhatUserNameToDo), and Ron Towers (Hecotoro) are currently in Eterna City, but they are about to leave. We do have some pretty intense plots happening, but the group intends to stay small, so we won't be allowing others to join, especially as it's about to ramp up.
Uhhh... you didn't mention Sora... not that it matters, he just got there, so, guess he's pretty forgettable.

Uhhh... you didn't mention Sora... not that it matters, he just got there, so, guess he's pretty forgettable.
Not what I'm talking about.

I'm giving you what everyone else is doing. I don't know what Sora is doing in Sinnoh. I did read your post, and I do remember Sora, but I have no idea what he's doing. But I also said that Naka/Gwen/Ron group isn't open to other people and their characters joining.

Not what I'm talking about.

I'm giving you what everyone else is doing. I don't know what Sora is doing in Sinnoh. I did read your post, and I do remember Sora, but I have no idea what he's doing. But I also said that Naka/Gwen/Ron group isn't open to other people and their characters joining.
...oh.

He's being surrounded by people because of his Cinderace. Like, the people who are surrounding him have never seen a Cinderace. Which makes sense. And he's already overwhelmed with questions. So far he's rolling solo and is probably gonna get challenged to a battle any second now.

Gotcha.

I'm more wondering what his goal was to be in Sinnoh. Or if he's just traveling around.

Also, the timeline is this:
FRLG/ORAS > 3y > HGSS/Platinum > 2y > BW > 2y > BW2/XY > 2y > USUM/SwSh

We assume Scarlet and Violet have happened a couple years after the events of USUM/SwSh. We are currently 8 years after the events of USUM/SwSh.

Also, if people who have watched televised WCS battles, especially the highly televised fights of Leon, who has one, most would know what a Cinderace is. But they will likely ask how strong it is compared to Leon's.

I am also wondering just how strong this Cinderace is and if this kid took a fast track in training it to get to that high of a level. Considering that most people his age for what we have in the RP don't have Pokemon that strong, it's a little odd. Also, does he have any badges and is Cinderace his only Pokemon?

We also have a soft move limit. 8 Battle-Ready moves, while the rest of the moves it has learned in the past take a massive 50% or higher penalty to their use and usage of non-battle-ready moves is frowned upon in official battles, if not outright disqualifiable.

Gotcha.

I'm more wondering what his goal was to be in Sinnoh. Or if he's just traveling around.

Also, the timeline is this:
FRLG/ORAS > 3y > HGSS/Platinum > 2y > BW > 2y > BW2/XY > 2y > USUM/SwSh

We assume Scarlet and Violet have happened a couple years after the events of USUM/SwSh. We are currently 8 years after the events of USUM/SwSh.

Also, if people who have watched televised WCS battles, especially the highly televised fights of Leon, who has one, most would know what a Cinderace is. But they will likely ask how strong it is compared to Leon's.

I am also wondering just how strong this Cinderace is and if this kid took a fast track in training it to get to that high of a level. Considering that most people his age for what we have in the RP don't have Pokemon that strong, it's a little odd. Also, does he have any badges and is Cinderace his only Pokemon?

We also have a soft move limit. 8 Battle-Ready moves, while the rest of the moves it has learned in the past take a massive 50% or higher penalty to their use and usage of non-battle-ready moves is frowned upon in official battles, if not outright disqualifiable.
He's just looking for an adventure. He has all the Kanto/Johto badges and three of the Galar badges; 19 out of, and I counted, 74. And the Cinderace is his only Pokémon. Sora trained his Cinderace over 5 years. Five years. That would normally be more than enough to raise it to what would be level 1 million if the level cap never existed if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not criticizing anyone, I'm just clarifying things. Also, Sora's Cinderace is trained to use Pyro Ball only when needed, and when it does need to (which is rarely ever), it hits hard. No exaggeration intended.

He's just looking for an adventure. He has all the Kanto/Johto badges and three of the Galar badges; 19 out of, and I counted, 74. And the Cinderace is his only Pokémon. Sora trained his Cinderace over 5 years. Five years. That would normally be more than enough to raise it to what would be level 1 million if the level cap never existed if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not criticizing anyone, I'm just clarifying things. Also, Sora's Cinderace is trained to use Pyro Ball only when needed, and when it does need to (which is rarely ever), it hits hard. No exaggeration intended.
Uh... Okay? That tone is a bit... Okay. Making it sound like I won't believe you if you said there are 74 badges. xD

I mean, levels don't really exist, but they grow at an exponential rate. I don't even think any of the champions have their Pokemon at the max level, and if they are (which I'm sure several are), they focus more on creativity and training for situations and scenarios with other people of that level since to get to max level takes forever. If you're battling anyone who matches you at that high of a level, there has to be an understanding of environmental and creative uses for your moves and training.

I don't think you are criticizing anyone? XD I mean, Pyro Ball ain't gonna do anything to a Pokemon with Bulletproof, just saying. XD I know it has other moves, but I find that funny.

I'd point out that—by your logic—most of the reigning champions would've been champions for nearly 10 years at the least, meaning their pokemon would be like level a trillion, and any trainer older than like... 20, would have a team full of pokemon whose levels are in the millions.

Now let me explain why this is not the case—as your pokemon gets stronger, they require stronger challenges to keep growing. If they can't find strong opponents, then they can't grow.

Think of it like building muscle—if you spend your time lifting a very lightweight then you limit the amount of muscle you can build. You gotta get heavier weights.

Long story short, once you reach the higher 'levels' it gets very difficult to 'level up'. We don't use levels strictly in RP, but you get the idea.

I'd point out that—by your logic—most of the reigning champions would've been champions for nearly 10 years at the least, meaning their pokemon would be like level a trillion, and any trainer older than like... 20, would have a team full of pokemon whose levels are in the millions.

Now let me explain why this is not the case—as your pokemon gets stronger, they require stronger challenges to keep growing. If they can't find strong opponents, then they can't grow.

Think of it like building muscle—if you spend your time lifting a very lightweight then you limit the amount of muscle you can build. You gotta get heavier weights.

Long story short, once you reach the higher 'levels' it gets very difficult to 'level up'. We don't use levels strictly in RP, but you get the idea.
Yeah, I get it. But if the levels existed in a technical sense, it would be kind of a different story (I think).
Keyword: technical.

Galar:
June 16, Thursday - Nicole Newman (DarkHydraT) and Lara Brook (IDKWhatUserNameToDo) are in North Lake Miloch chilling and waiting for a Swablu swarm.

August 1, Monday - Laura Willham (Grand Master Koop) is in the midst of a gym battle in Turffield, and she will join up with Kurashiki Ki (Hecotoro) later to travel Galar. Laura is still a relatively intermediate trainer.

August 2, Tuesday - Wilford Pine (sSoul) and Cole Forrest (Merciless Medic) are challenging the Turffield gym, with Briar Hightower (ThAtGuY101) watching. sSoul and I plan on having the two-character group small, as the posting rate is not only really slow, but to allow the two to get stronger without higher-leveled people preventing them from doing so (I say that because Wilford and Cole are not nice people and will avoid stronger people like the plague if they can help it).
I had to edit this, as the Galar Gym Circuit starts taking in challengers on August 1st, not in July. :'D whoops.

Yeah, I get it. But if the levels existed in a technical sense, it would be kind of a different story (I think).
Keyword: technical.
And no, it wouldn't make much of a difference, that's what Kyuukestu was trying to say XD

Why would it need its aim to be better if it's already at a super high battling experience and if it were an accident anyway? XD That makes no sense. XD If it were an accident, there's no need for its aim to be better. If it's using Sora as a punching bag, then it wouldn't make sense for it to be an accident. If it was using something past him as a punching bag, it still wouldn't make too much sense because all Pokemon at that high of experience should have enough battlefield awareness to know when to use a move and when to not use a move. It also all doesn't make any sense because it's only when Sora tells him to, which means its gotta expend type energy to surge fire into a rock when he kicks it to make it into a Pyro Ball. Otherwise, it just becomes a slightly hot rock, and wouldn't have the power a Pyro Ball actually has. XD

I dunno, it didn't sound accidental, it just sounded like the Cinderace was intentionally doing that, but that's because there's not enough detail surrounding that incident.

Why would it need its aim to be better if it's already at a super high battling experience and if it were an accident anyway? XD That makes no sense. XD If it were an accident, there's no need for its aim to be better. If it's using Sora as a punching bag, then it wouldn't make sense for it to be an accident. If it was using something past him as a punching bag, it still wouldn't make too much sense because all Pokemon at that high of experience should have enough battlefield awareness to know when to use a move and when to not use a move. It also all doesn't make any sense because it's only when Sora tells him to, which means its gotta expend type energy to surge fire into a rock when he kicks it to make it into a Pyro Ball. Otherwise, it just becomes a slightly hot rock, and wouldn't have the power a Pyro Ball actually has. XD

I dunno, it didn't sound accidental, it just sounded like the Cinderace was intentionally doing that, but that's because there's not enough detail surrounding that incident.
Oh shit ya got a point. XD I feel dumb and I am laughing at the same time. XD

Name: Charlotte
Trainer Class: Contestant and Battler; both help with her research
Physical Appearance: Caucasian, long ebon hair, grey eyes
Clothing: Charlotte's always wears a headband, typically the black and white one she got for her birthday. She prefers pants over a skirt and typically wears a dress shirt. Her favorite color is maroon.
Backstory: Growing up, Charlotte was impressed by her uncle's bond with his Pokémon. However, when he racked up a gambling debt, he pushed his Houndoom over the edge by attempting to win money back through battles. Charlotte vowed to educate people about Pokémon and show them that they are individuals with emotions, not machines used only for battle. She's done considerable research on the Abra and Chimchar lines thanks to Dini and Fernando. She even taught the former how to "spell" using scrabble letters and refrigerator magnets. She's hoping to learn about the Garchomp line thanks to her newest, and most temperamental team member. Charlotte's hobbies include dancing, gardening, and swimming. She frequently enters contests, relay races, and talent competitions with her Pokémon.
Starter: Infernape
Team: Fernando (Infernape), Hatari (Luxray), Bolero (Roserade), Dini (Alakazam), Splash (Floatzel), Tiburon (Garchomp)

Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 7.39.42 PM.png

Name: Charlotte
Trainer Class: Contestant and Battler; both help with her research
Physical Appearance: Caucasian, long ebon hair, grey eyes
Clothing: Charlotte's always wears a headband, typically the black and white one she got for her birthday. She prefers pants over a skirt and typically wears a dress shirt. Her favorite color is maroon.
Backstory: Growing up, Charlotte was impressed by her uncle's bond with his Pokémon. However, when he racked up a gambling debt, he pushed his Houndoom over the edge by attempting to win money back through battles. Charlotte vowed to educate people about Pokémon and show them that they are individuals with emotions, not machines used only for battle. She's done considerable research on the Abra and Chimchar lines thanks to Dini and Fernando. She even taught the former how to "spell" using scrabble letters and refrigerator magnets. She's hoping to learn about the Garchomp line thanks to her newest, and most temperamental team member. Charlotte's hobbies include dancing, gardening, and swimming. She frequently enters contests, relay races, and talent competitions with her Pokémon.
Starter: Infernape
Team: Fernando (Infernape), Hatari (Luxray), Bolero (Roserade), Dini (Alakazam), Splash (Floatzel), Tiburon (Garchomp)

View attachment 946946
Looking good! Accepted.

@Charlotte Pryce There's a neat summary of what everyone's up to here:
Here is a list of all the dates happening in specific areas, what's happening, and the characters and what their people are doing. You may either ask or join a group or have your character go on a solo journey. Having a goal in mind for what your character should go on a journey for would help. Generally a good idea to ask a person about joining their characters for a journey.

The other RPers, if anything is wrong, let me know lmfao. I'll change it. This is basically a summary for everyone recently.

Kanto:

Johto:
July 19, Tuesday - Reina Cortez (Hecotoro), Desmond Andrews (Godjacob), Esther Sophys (kyuukestu), Aldon Charlton (ThAtGuY101), Eveline Velsh and Genevieve (Quantum Lila), Rick (Ridge), Nakano Saito (Merciless Medic), Savannah Mable (Grand Master Koop), Shanya "Colored" Harika (Alternate_Mystery), and Quincy Palmer (| Korutesu |) are on the anime-exclusive island of Yellow Rock Isle of the Whirl Islands. Reina, Desmond, Esther, Aldon, Eveline, Rick, Nakano, Gene, Savannah, Colored, and Quincy are on the beach, with all but Gene, Savannah, Colored, and Quincy handling the Blastoise. I don't know if Colored's and Quincy's players are going to be continuing, and the main group (not counting Rick, Colored, or Quincy) will be splitting after the Whirl Cup (have to enter with 3 Water-Typed Pokemon). Currently, Reina almost or did catch a giant two-story Blastoise that attacked the group after it has awoken from its slumber, so the group will be heading to Red Rock Isle soon for the Whirl Cup. Once they reach Cianwood City, the group will be splitting, and my character will be bouncing in between Sinnoh and Johto for the journey she has there and for the festivals. The group consists of a mixture of new and strong trainers, from trainers who just started their journey to those who are intermediate (the only outlier one being of a low level league champ tier, but she won't be staying in Johto for long).

Orange Islands:
June 2, Thursday - Reginald Valerias (Merciless Medic), Adrianne Silvers (Godjacob), and Briar Hightower (ThAtGuY101) are on Tangelo Island. Adrianne just started her journey and her and Reggie are going to compete in the Orange League. They are all WCS registered and they'll be going on that journey. However, Godjacob has stated in the Discord that he wouldn't want anymore high-level trainers traveling with Adrianne, as having Reggie and Briar is already enough in terms of how strong they are (one is intermediate, the other far stronger). I would also prefer keeping that group small for my ease of comfort (as the Johto one is really big and I'll be Naka dip from that one).

Hoenn:

Sinnoh:
June 14, Tuesday - Kaden Miller (IDKWhatUserNameToDo) and Ezio Farello (DarkHydraT) are in Pastoria City's Grand Lake Hotel. They just finished their battle, and will be parting probably (unsure).

June 15, Wednesday (Haven't checked) - Planning on having Nakano Saito and Ezio Farello meet up to have some mystery thing happen in Solaceon Town's ruins, and also have their Aerodactyls meet. Will have to talk to DarkHydraT about that.

Unova:
June 16, Thursday - Aldon Charlton's (ThAtGuY101) solo adventure in Undella Town's Abyssal Ruins.

Kalos:
July 2, Saturday - Montagne "Monty" Khastil (~Patriot~), Azumi Towers (Hecotoro), Esther Sophys (kyuukestu), and Nico Flynn (| Korutesu |) are in Lumiose City, Monty trying to keep the cop-in-training Azumi from finding out he is a criminal while they all travel around Kalos and getting stronger. They are all substantially new here, while Azumi is the only strong trainer amongst them. Monty in-character wouldn't want anymore people joining the group so as to keep the possibility of his criminal status being shown, but they also intend to keep the group small here.

Alola:
Nico Flynn (| Korutesu |) is going to be traveling to Alola here pretty soon.

Galar:

Paldea:
Nothing recent has happened here yet.

However, while the selection may seem difficult to jump into, always ask the players if there is room for you to join if you're unsure, and have something for your character to do. Since your character is really strong, it's going to be difficult for you to merge with those who have generally newer trainers or those with delicate plots. There should also be a reason for the characters to stay in the group.

If you have an idea for a plot for your character to do, ask who would be interested in joining and do some plotting with people. We heavily encourage plotting, as it's fun and allows you to find other RPers to play with you easier. :D

Okay. I suppose I should ask before I jump in anyway. Is there a group that wants to squeeze Charlotte in? She travels for her research, so I can have her show up anywhere. If you don't have a place for her right now, I have some ideas for plot points in which she might me up with you later...

- Pokémon Contest: I believe I heard there was one going on in Johto, but I could be mistaken. Charlotte could join as one of the contestants.

- Rampaging Pokémon Encounter: In her backstory, Charlotte was inspired to research people and Pokémon mental health after her uncle's reckless battle tactics drove his beloved Houndoom insane. If a Pokémon was to attack a populated area, Charlotte and her Pokémon would attempt to calm it down before anyone got hurt.

- Team Cell (Name Pending): I'm not aware if there are antagonists in this role play or not, but Charlotte did expose a company that made Battle Items after they developed a highly addictive item that raised all of the Pokémon's stats at the cost of HP, sending the Pokémon into a frenzy. Perhaps, some of the company's employees are none too happy about losing their jobs and decide to get even? I'm just rifting here.

- Dragon Training: As I mentioned in Charlotte's backstory, Tiburon the Garchomp is a temperamental Pokémon. Perhaps, Charlotte runs into somebody while training with the Garchomp and trying to get it to trust her team.

- Infamous: A somewhat dramatic option - Charlotte's papers on the effects of battling, battle items, and trading on Pokémon mental and emotional health caused her to get branded as an extremist back in Sinnoh. She was forced to leave her job at the contest hall after she was accused of trying to ruin people's livelihoods and give the Pokémon league a bad name. She shows up in another region under an assumed identity and tries to restore her reputation. This one isn't my favorite idea, but hopefully brainstorming will help me come up with something that works.

- Artificial/Lab Created Pokémon: This one sounds a bit like a Mewtwo copycat, but I think Charlotte could play a key role if a new Pokémon was discovered as someone who wrestles with morality.

If you don't like any of these plot ideas, or you have an idea for how to fit Charlotte in, please let me know.

Okay. I suppose I should ask before I jump in anyway. Is there a group that wants to squeeze Charlotte in? She travels for her research, so I can have her show up anywhere. If you don't have a place for her right now, I have some ideas for plot points in which she might me up with you later...

- Pokémon Contest: I believe I heard there was one going on in Johto, but I could be mistaken. Charlotte could join as one of the contestants.

- Rampaging Pokémon Encounter: In her backstory, Charlotte was inspired to research people and Pokémon mental health after her uncle's reckless battle tactics drove his beloved Houndoom insane. If a Pokémon was to attack a populated area, Charlotte and her Pokémon would attempt to calm it down before anyone got hurt.

- Team Cell (Name Pending): I'm not aware if there are antagonists in this role play or not, but Charlotte did expose a company that made Battle Items after they developed a highly addictive item that raised all of the Pokémon's stats at the cost of HP, sending the Pokémon into a frenzy. Perhaps, some of the company's employees are none too happy about losing their jobs and decide to get even? I'm just rifting here.

- Dragon Training: As I mentioned in Charlotte's backstory, Tiburon the Garchomp is a temperamental Pokémon. Perhaps, Charlotte runs into somebody while training with the Garchomp and trying to get it to trust her team.

- Infamous: A somewhat dramatic option - Charlotte's papers on the effects of battling, battle items, and trading on Pokémon mental and emotional health caused her to get branded as an extremist back in Sinnoh. She was forced to leave her job at the contest hall after she was accused of trying to ruin people's livelihoods and give the Pokémon league a bad name. She shows up in another region under an assumed identity and tries to restore her reputation. This one isn't my favorite idea, but hopefully brainstorming will help me come up with something that works.

- Artificial/Lab Created Pokémon: This one sounds a bit like a Mewtwo copycat, but I think Charlotte could play a key role if a new Pokémon was discovered as someone who wrestles with morality.

If you don't like any of these plot ideas, or you have an idea for how to fit Charlotte in, please let me know.
I like most of these and I can see a lot of ways they can fit in.

The Contest in Johto will be held in Arborvile which is north of Olivine City and it's probably a few days away in RP. At the same time, there's an event that's about to be kicked off in Johto and it seems like something Charlotte would be interested in.

Event: Sanguine Swarms! Part 1...

View attachment 946338
Trainers beware!

The once peaceful nights of northern Johto are now fraught with blood-sucking peril!

Something has disturbed the region's pokémon and caused them to move about in large swarms. While these swarms are largely harmless—unless provoked; giant hordes of Zubat and Golbat have begun to show unusually high levels of aggression. They hunt over increasingly large areas, attacking any human or pokémon they can overpower and feasting on their blood.

The reason for these changes is yet unknown but it must be found quickly!

The league will reward trainers who can provide credible information on the cause of this situation and a bonus awaits you if you manage to put an end to the sanguine madness!

This event will trigger around the start of August in RP, it is available to anyone whose character is in NORTHERN Johto

Northern Johto, in this case, will be defined as this area:
View attachment 946339

Good Luck & Have Fun! This mission is not mandatory.

Regarding your dragon... @Hecotoro's character has a dragonair and @Merciless Medic's char has a Zweilous, so maybe you can work something out with one of them?

And on the topic of artificial pokemon, an incident happened in Galar where a known bounty hunter used a strange Salamace that could use moves the species couldn't normally learn. You could investigate that as well.

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THESE PLOT POINTS-!

ahem... Sorry about that, I got excited. XD I love plotting, and I think our characters are going to keep seeing each other. Well, Naka, not so much Cole or Reggie. Nakano is a top field researcher working under Professor Rowan and his successor Lucas (she's also a battler). She also studies how the environment affects the genetics and psychology/behavior in the Pokemon. Reggie is a Ghost-Type specialist with the ability to see dead people and invisible Ghost-Types, and is into contests and battling. Cole is uh... Well, he's not a nice guy XD lol. I also have another character in the rounds, but they aren't made yet. They are just a big ball of angry, and they are a battling chef.

Reggie is the only one of my characters who is wanting to do Contest stuff, but I don't know where he'd be at team-wise when he gets there.

We have the Sanguine Swarm shown by Kyuukestu. Nakano is going to be there. I can also have another plot point of another swarm of dangerous Pokemon appear. :3 Depends on what you wanna do.

LOL, that's a great name XD But that's interesting. That is something Naka might get herself into, mainly because when she sees an issue, she's going to fix it, whether that be getting rid of Team Rocket from Sinnoh or making sure poachers don't get Pokemon or making sure a drug ring gets taken down.

I'm planning on having Naka's Zweilous evolve really soon in the Sinnoh plot. Once it does, I'll have her go through a training thing with her Hydreigon a little later, which your character can be there for if you want. :3

Oooooo interesting... Naka's also from Sinnoh, and she would think Charlotte's getting somewhere with her research, so she wouldn't really label her as an extremist. Buuuut she would call her an extremist for trying to get into people's lives and make them change lol. I can help you with plotting that out if you want, that sort of stuff is fantastic to get into for me.

I have an idea. Shadow Pokemon are on the rise again thanks to Team Rocket's shenanigans in Sinnoh (related to a plot we're doing in there right now), and there can be other strange Pokemon being created. Naka technically wrestles with her own morality too, but mainly due to her chameleon-like personality that makes it difficult to find her true self or whether she's just a product of what other people expect/think of her. I think her being with Charlotte would actually make help her (after confusing her a crap ton lol).

Name: Nakano Saito
Nickname: Naka, Sai
Trainer Class: Trainer/Researcher
Physical Appearance: Sun-kissed skin, she has shaved the sides of her head for an undercut to form a deathhawk (which is where the hair is longer from front to back), which she'll put up in a ponytail. Her hair is blonde, can be flipped either side as it's long enough, her eyes are light grey, and she is 5'06" (167.6 cm) and weighs 145 lbs (61.2 kg). She has pierced ears, a scar running from the middle of her cheek down her neck from a Pokemon's Slash attack that grazed her, and a scar on her stomach from when she attempted to stop a Horn Attack. She has scars on her body from training her Pokemon and using her body to block hits. Mixed lean muscle from casually working out on her journeys and training from her father.
Clothing: She usually wears a tank top in various colors, jean shorts, and black combat boots in hotter weather; a t-shirt of varying colors, a black jacket (for when it gets chilly or windy), jeans, and black combat boots in temperate weather; and a long-sleeved shirt of varying colors, heavy-duty jeans, and black winter boots in winter weather. She always has a brown backpack that's covered in floral pink and green flowers that holds all of her items. She also has a white and black checkered belt that houses her PokeBalls, and a white lab coat when out doing research in the lab and a camouflage jacket when she’s out on field research.
Personality/Inner Machinations:
  • Detail-Oriented, Compassionate, Caring / Sadistic, Direct, Goofy
    • She makes sure she doesn’t miss anything.
      • Stems from not wanting to be ignored like she was.
    • Caring and responsible towards everyone, including those she’d rather hurt or leave alone.
      • Innate, as she honestly couldn’t live with herself if she were to grievously injure someone. She’ll even go back to take care of someone’s injuries she caused if she weren’t still in shock from her disassociation or from what she’s done.
      • Conflicts when she disassociates due to perceived trauma and adrenal stimulations, making her become more of who others perceived her as when she was younger: a sadistic monster who likes hurting others. Suffers from moral identity issues.
    • Tries to be patient.
      • Stems from times where she’s been impatient with herself, her friends, or her Pokémon, needlessly hurting others when she didn’t need to.
    • Can be blunt when speaking to others.
      • Stems from how she was taught and experiences dictated things went smoother when she didn’t beat around the bush.
    • Can get too burnt out and depressed when working for too long.
      • She already forgets to eat when she’s working, but without any breaks and burying herself in her work will cause interpersonal struggles between her Pokémon and humans other than her coworkers, who are rightfully worried for her. Stems from feeling like she has to prove herself (or others) that she’s a hardworking researcher.
    • When comfortable or drunk, shows her true self more, who is someone who loves to have fun, physically affectionate, uncaring of others opinions of her, and super confident in herself.
      • This other side of herself is hidden behind trauma when she was a child. This is built upon her want to be herself again and not worry anymore, her inhibitions completely melting away when drunk or comfortable.
  • Helpful, Curious, Analytical, and Empathic Narrator
    • Whether it be logic or emotion, she searches for a reason behind any statements, questions, and even body language. Prioritizes problems first and wants to help. Sometimes tries digging too deep and is wrong and/or gets too nosy and breaches boundaries unintentionally.
      • She doesn’t want to leave any stone unturned due to fearing someone could be worse if she doesn’t at least see something. Sometimes recognizes when she shouldn’t butt in, but has a hard time keeping herself from helping others as she wishes others would have helped her.
    • Hyper aware of others, herself, and her surroundings.
      • Stems from hoping others pay attention to her when she needs help, and from past experiences of things having gone wrong.
  • Dependent on how others perceive her
    • Will become defensive if they view her negatively. Will do anything for them to change their view of her, including change or hurt herself.
      • Stems from trauma of how others perceived her negatively for trying to force her tired Pichu to continue.
    • Prioritizes her friends and research over herself, as she rarely ever had any friends who’ve stuck with her, and research is her life, becoming a workaholic.
      • Craves personal interaction more so than her own health because nobody aside from her family really cared about her health beyond their own need to help her for something she could do.
    • Chameleon-like in behavior - will fit and become a foil or similar to others in the group.
      • More innate, as she struggles to find herself and who she is for her entire life, but it was exacerbated from the trauma. While she understands who she is while drunk could largely be herself in her truest state, it could also just be the alcohol talking or just impulsive behavior stemming from something she thinks is there. She doesn’t actually believe it’s herself.
Fears: Naka has stage fright, but it goes deeper than that. While it doesn’t rear its ugly head when she’s showing off what she knows to people she’s teaching, she feels like people are judging her when too many look at her while she's trying to enjoy a Pokemon battle - from how sadistic she seems and the way she treats her Pokemon, even when not during a fight. It stems from when she was in school. Presentations she excelled at, but when she was to do a mock battle with her Pichu, she kept pushing her Pichu, even if she seemed unable to fight. People began to speculate she wasn't sympathizing with her Pokemon, and thought she was abusing them. Why else would she tell a literal Baby Pokemon to continue the fight even though she was too hurt to continue? It was found out from egging Naka about this that she knew Pichu can do better in a fight, she just needs to push her limits. However, the kids took that as she was just being cruel and sadistic, and that even her perfectionist ways was going to end up getting her Pokemon killed. They bullied her anytime she got close to having a Pokemon battle, even as she got new Pokemon. Now, she can't handle a Pokemon battle when there's big group of people watching, and the trauma has stemmed into general stage fright when there are too many people looking at her whenever she's doing something that isn't about saving someone's life (as the adrenaline will cause her to forget about the audience, but it may make her hesitate). Because of this fear, it has prevented her from doing any gyms in Galar, and she’s staunchly avoided stadium tournaments, contests, or performances. To combat this, she tries to be more perfect to avoid criticism about how she treats her Pokémon, but this can cause her to fuss too much about how she’s perceived and may even freeze her in place. When her Pokemon act out of line, she feels as if she can't properly discipline or scold them, but she does it anyway. But it still embarrasses her deeply. If too many people label her as an abuser, she will lose her research, her standing in her career, and her general way of life. Even if irrational, it isn't unfounded. The fear of losing her work stems from this. Losing her work is like losing her life. It is her life. It was what she wanted to do as a career when she was younger, and she wasn’t going to let bullies tell her she couldn’t research Pokémon just because of her battling performance with her Pichu when she was eleven. However, because of her passion, she is just as afraid of losing it as she is afraid of losing her Pokémon. This shows though that she has the persistence to ignore the haters, she just needs to not let others opinions affect her and be true to herself.
Backstory: Born to Bansyou and Aria as a firstborn in Accumula Town, Unova, she was brought up in a loving family in a carefree yet hardworking city full of peace and song. Along with her younger brother, Mason, she was taught that perseverance, determination, patience, and hard work was what drove a person to do amazing things and she was rewarded as she learned these principles in life, being given a Pichu when she was ten as a way to graduate her to her new stage in her life - an attempt at getting her career started in research. She was a quick academic student, taking college classes after her academia life and learning about the mythos and theories of the legends and myths of the world and what concepts they were associated with. Not only that, but she was a wonderful socialite despite her tendency to take things literally and overanalyze everything, making her a favorite among many people. That was until her battle performance with her Pichu. She pushed the Baby Pokémon too hard, thinking she could do better and win, but she learned quickly that people were quick to label her as a horrible person for the way she forcefully projected her arrogant view of her Pokémon. It was just Naka’s perfectionism preventing her from ever wanting to lose and her stubbornness had her shamed. She lost the curated patience quickly, and her tolerance for being beaten and accosted shifted. This small-scale fame became widespread infamy on the school grounds of Unova, and she was quickly ignored or bullied. Losing all of her friends, she begged her family to move somewhere else, somewhere where she can restart anew.

They moved to Sinnoh, her parents wanting to give their daughter a fresh start. Not only did they need to move to Sinnoh for their daughter, but the next sumo wrestling competition was happening in Veilstone City and there was an opening to become a nurse in a hospital for humans in Jubilife City. They took a new home in Sandgem Town, giving themselves and their two children a city to ease themselves into. Sandgem Town was more rural than Accumula Town, but it wasn’t as loud or bustling as Jubilife, who they knew would have affected their children developmentally. It was a good call, because Naka and Mason began to integrate themselves into the life in Sandgem Town, and it was the perfect place for Naka to see Professor Rowan. After having a talk with Naka’s father and hearing how much she needed this career choice, she was given a scholarship by the aging professor to learn in a summer camp, and be taken on field trips to other regions to learn more and potentially catch any Pokémon. She felt like she was saved, further cementing how almost codependent she became to her research. In her travels around the world, she collected quite a few Pokémon, including an Eevee, Arrokuda, Hatenna, Diglett, Wishiwashi, and even resurrected a fossil to acquire an Aerodactyl. She was more excited she got new friends than worried about them ever fighting, even if they had the knack for it. Mainly because she wanted to prove everyone wrong who bullied her.

Her academia life soon found her working as an intern for the research team under the professor’s guidance in Sinnoh, and she found that she loved just watching Pokémon. Earlier in her life, she found herself people-watching and passing judgments onto them because of how bitter she felt, but this felt fresh and new and exciting. She began to learn why not just Pokémon do the way they do, but people as well. And maybe, if she learned how those kids were who bullied her, she can understand where they were coming from and how to avoid that situation in the future. She was starting to see patterns, and the psychology of such fascinated her to start taking high school level lessons in psychology. After a couple years of working as an intern and making headway on her research and academia, she was allowed to travel Sinnoh and gain the badges. She obtained a rather rambunctious and impatient Chimchar to start her journey, but found herself walled soon after, even with the Pokémon she obtained from her field trips, who haven’t had time to be properly trained yet. But, she now had experience of being out in the wild alone and not on a field trip. After she turned sixteen, she was told to go to Kanto to aid in teaching a few kids who would be starting their journeys how to care for themselves, basic survival tips, and maybe help them find a career path. During this journey, not only did she catch a Paras, but she also learned how to train Pokémon properly from a battle-hungry kid who had been tutored under Blaine.

Refusing to do the gym challenge in Kanto, she completed her quest by getting the children situated enough in Kanto to start roaming around on their own, and she returned to Sinnoh to try at the gym challenge. After a couple years, she managed to obtain at least six of the eight badges. Because of her potential and her ability to train Pokémon and be relatively safe, Rowan suggested she work under Birch and do the gym challenge there to not only hone her skills, but do ecological study while she did the gym challenge. She received a Treecko when she got there, and captured a Lotad, Mudkip, and a female Snorunt throughout her travels. She managed to get all the eight badges despite some difficulties and harrowing adventures, but she finally felt far better to compete for the last two badges in Sinnoh. Returning to Sinnoh, that’s what she did.

Having obtained sixteen badges now and feeling like nothing could stop her twenty-one-year-old self with two teams - one for battle/protection and one for research - she began traveling the world in her new job. In Unova was when she found a Deino she took in, the capture of which had her realize the world outside of her passionate research was far colder and darker than she wanted to admit. This wasn’t just survival like she had been worrying about, this was the ethics and morals of humankind. How could she protect herself and others from people who could be so callous with a life? She began making her code, wishing not to become the monsters she saw as she found poachers along her research stints in Kalos and Kanto, the events of which caused the scars down her face and neck and on her stomach.

However, her constant workaholic nature caused her depression and anxiety to form as she continued to work. While her performance hasn’t suffered, her mental state starts to hit a thin line when she doesn’t take a break from her work. The most she had felt for now was burnout, but changed when she began her mega evolution journey.

Because of how close she was to Aero, she could have chosen Aerodactyl to work for mega evolution, but she felt closer with her Sceptile, Silenus, and he had an arguably bigger drive to gain strength than Aero. When he was a Treecko, he was so mild and logical that he wouldn’t even fight. He saw no point in getting stronger and it was just a waste of time if it was all for glory and trinket collecting. That was until he realized it was to protect others when he evolved into a Grovyle to protect his trainer from a band of overly aggressive Numel and Torkoal. While he didn’t beat them all, he did distract them long enough to help Naka get out of there. Since then, he takes training a bit seriously and doesn’t skip out. Naka understood his former point of view, but when she needed her Pokémon to be stronger so she can get badges to access areas she otherwise couldn’t without a lot of paperwork and get some protection from the dangerous Pokémon she’ll be researching, it was still annoying. Sometimes, she would yell or berate her Treecko, who saw Naka’s vocal frustrations as her being a kid who didn’t know better. Why should he fight for a girl who was about strength and an inherently selfish reason?

It turns out, she wasn’t about strength in and of itself. Naka only saw strength as a tool to further her career and as a shield or weapon to protect herself and others. On numerous occasions, she’s saved him, whether it be quick thinking commands, returning him to his ball where he was safe but left herself open, or diving into her Pokémon if pulling out a ball wasn’t faster than her lunge. She just wanted to make sure he was okay and would do anything to make sure he was okay, even sacrificing her own health. He finally evolved into a Sceptile when fighting Winona for the second time, using the trees to their advantage before fainting and leaving Winona’s team crippled enough for the rest of Naka’s team to finish off the gym leader and get her badge.

Feeling like she was doing more than she needed to and understanding that he now had the strength to be her guardian, he began protecting her more. One moment was when Naka was swimming with her Wishiwashi and Barraskewda to get to Sootopolis City, only to suddenly get attacked by a swarm of Carvanha and Sharpedo. Naka didn’t want to release her other Pokémon, but Silenus escaped his Pokéball to fend them off so Naka could flee back up to the surface, where she returned him and relaxed from the harrowing near-death scenario. Feeling like she could trust and respect him far more than she thought she could, she began treating him as more of a friend.
Species/Type: Sceptile - Grass (Due to being Grass-Type, this Pokemon is immune to the effects of Leech Seed, Effect Spore, and powder and spore moves (i.e.: Magic Powder, Poison Powder, Powder, Rage Powder, Sleep Powder, Spore, and Stun Spore))

Nickname: Silenus

Ability: Overgrow - Powers up Grass-Type moves in a fight when Silenus's stamina is low or if he is too injured.

Appearance: A regular ol' Sceptile. Except for the fact that he’s 6'03" (190.5 cm), large enough to give Naka a ride through the trees.

Nature/Personality: Mild | As a Treecko, he was rather patient, wasn't really explosive, and has a logical and reasonable mind. Despite seemingly being laidback, Silenus was so comfortable that he didn't think he needed to battle. He did eventually evolve and has since changed his view to do so to protect, soon growing a more righteous and protective idealistic viewpoint. Become strong so nothing else can harm you.

History: During Naka's start to her Hoenn gym challenge, she was given a Treecko by the Hoenn Professor. This Treecko was rather mild. He was patient, wasn't really explosive, and he had a logical and reasonable mind. Despite seemingly being laidback, Treecko was so comfortable, he didn't think he needed to battle. There was no point to battling, so why fight? Why collect gym badges? While he understood why people and Pokemon alike would go to such lengths to achieve glory and fortune, it wasn't for him and he didn't want to be a part of it. However, it would be when they ran into an issue. He had yet to evolve and the Fire-Types were starting to encroach upon them. Treecko would have perished if it weren't for Naka risking getting burned to save him from the oddly aggressive Numel and Torkoal. Due to her actions, he evolved into Grovyle when they were against a band of Numel who wouldn't let them leave, and he confounded them enough to help Naka and himself get away. Since then, he's learned that it wasn't fame or fortune, it was about getting stronger so they wouldn't have something as harrowing as that ever again. During the second fight against Winona in Fortree City, her Grovyle evolved yet again into Sceptile and used the trees nearby to his advantage to confound and whittle down her Pokemon enough for Naka's other Pokemon to finish the job when he fainted. Unluckily for them - as they were about to make it to Sootopolis City, Naka nearly drowned when a group of Sharpedo attacked. Her Wishiwashi and Barraskewda weren't able to stop them and she didn't think sending out any of her other Pokemon in water was a good idea. Fortunately, Silenus escaped his PokeBall and saved Naka from being fish food and they managed to reach the last city, where his efforts aided in getting her the last badge. At this point in time, Naka and Silenus have a pretty good understanding of one another. They both protect each other, and he wouldn’t mind being there for her to protect her. It’s not until the mega evolution arc where Silenus realizes being strong was being a guardian, which ran through his blood.

Moves:
Frenzy Plant* - Grass - Special - Summons thick, thorny vines from under the ground and swarms the opponent with them. Due to the strength of this attack, he is exhausted afterwards and is vulnerable to attack.
Leaf Storm* - Grass - Special - Exhausts the user using this, lowering their Special Attack.
Dragon Pulse* - Dragon - Special - Is a long-range shot, so it can hit non-adjacent Pokemon in a fight.
Focus Blast* - Fighting - Special - Has a 10% chance to lower the target's Special Defense.
Leaf Blade* - Grass - Physical - Has a heightened critical hit ratio.
Night Slash* - Dark - Physical - Has a heightened critical hit ratio.
Dual Chop* - Dragon - Physical - Hits twice with draconic-cloaked leaf blades.
Brick Break* - Fighting - Physical - Removes Light Screen, Reflect, and Aurora Veil if it hits the opponent.
Quick Guard - Fighting - Status - Protects all allies on the user's side of the field from priority moves, like Quick Attack or Aqua Jet. Well, taking half damage.
X-Scissor - Bug - Physical - Cuts in a criss-cross fashion, but does half the damage.
Quick Attack - Normal - Physical - Is a quick attack with increased priority, but deals less damage and isn't as accurate.

Seeds are an indicator to see how well it’s handling its mega evolution. If they all shrivel, it means he’s struggling and his moves won’t deal the same amount of power as usual. If they are nice and round, it means he’s handling the evolution energy well and can keep going. It can’t use all ten. A seed (starting from tail up) shrivels up once it’s used its tail to revitalize and regrow it. After a few seconds due to the evolution energy, the seed starts to round out again, but it won’t have the rejuvenating energy the Sceptile needs to regrow its tail. Once the ninth seed’s energy is used to regrow the tail, the Mega Sceptile can no longer regrow its tail until after rest.
After joining a group in Johto where she was supposed to wait for the Sanguine Swarm, she competed in the Whirl Cup (just barely with her massive stage fright), competed in the Glitter Lighthouse gauntlet with her Sceptile and Hatterene, fought in the unofficial Normal-Type Gym in Olivine, competed in the Pokémon Sumo Conference with her Swampert to rival her father (swiftly lost), competed in the Pokémon Balloon Race with her Aerodactyl and Flareon, and got first in the Grass-Type Tournament in a town between Ecruteak and Goldenrod with Sceptile as Naka beats her stage fright enough (just barely, as her Sceptile fought almost completely autonomously). She then went to other festivals, competing in the Running of the Tauros in Palmpona’s Festival, Tour de Alto Mare with her Barraskewda in Alto Mare, aided in protecting people with some research on the side during the Sanguine Swarm north of Olivine, and competed in the Extreme Pokémon Race in Eggseter with her Sceptile.

Due to how much recognition she was receiving, someone was bound to find her and give her a boost. Someone related in business to someone rather important had heard of Naka’s research and achievements, and thought that her and her Sceptile would be fit for a test. If they could complete it, it would be more research for Naka and she might learn something. The televised events had shown she was terrified, and the old man found himself intrigued by her and wanted to know why and if there was any way he could help her. His agent found her in Eggseter, and told her to go to a Mirage Forest south of Route 109 in Hoenn to get something that would benefit her research. She goes there, riding on her Aerodactyl and bringing her team along, especially her Sceptile.

When she arrives, she discovers the forest was dense like a jungle, there was a huge tree that was wider than a skyscraper, and there was a tribe of the Treecko line. The leader of the tribe, a Sceptile of a more average size that Silenus towered over, requested a fight. Mistaking this as a threat for being in their territory, Naka tries reasoning with them, as they came here for to study and learn. The Sceptile continued to request a fight, to which they agreed, but they were swiftly walloped. To rejuvenate him, the Sceptile sets him near the large tree’s roots and buries him in dead leaves and dirt, with Naka thinking they were burying him alive. They keep her from interrupting the ritual, her cries going silent as she watched her partner slowly start to rejuvenate and became his normal self after the day ends. Upon realizing they were just healing him in their own way, Naka realizes they weren’t all bad. The comment on how they were here to study and learn prompted the leader to teach Silenus how to achieve ascension, which is what they call mega evolution. They must become one with the forest and go back to their roots. It is being true to himself. Does he want Mega Evolution, or does he want it because Naka wants it? Does he want it for himself or does he want it to protect what’s important to him? Is Naka important to him? While he’s rather mild, he’s never really thought about himself that much beyond what he wanted or needed in the moment, always living in the present and letting Naka worry about the past and future; always doing what was expected of him or what was important to Naka. But if staying true to himself meant going back to what he was like as a Treecko, then he didn’t need the Mega Evolution. He denies it, saying to the leader he is perfect as is with his trainer by his side, and he doesn’t need some religious sentiment or power from a stone to prove that. They go to leave, but the tribe of Sceptile has a rival in a nearby Salamence that occasionally comes by to burn down their forest. The sudden surprise razing had forced Naka to send out her Pokémon, but they were swiftly defeated by the flames of the Salamence. Because the tribe of Sceptile and Naka’s Pokémon had weakened the raiding dragon, Silenus aids Naka and decides he does want the Sceptilite. He found himself to be a guardian of those he cared for, and it would be remiss of him to miss out on this opportunity to get even stronger than before to prevent his special person from succumbing to his own selfish pride. They beat the Salamence back, the Dragon/Flying-Type fleeing. They proved themselves to the tribe, and both Silenus and Naka help each other fight through the gnarly roots of the tree to obtain the Sceptilite.

Silenus found a guardian within himself.
While Aerodactyl was too damaged to fly out of the Mirage Forest, they found Palace Maven Spenser, who was chilling in the Mirage Forest and training here since the Battle Frontier was going to start a tournament soon. Naka decides to ask him for help, concerned for her Pokémon’s health as they just fought a Salamence. Spenser helps her easily, letting her Pokémon rest outside of her Pokeballs and helping them recover with the power of his herbal medicines. Naka spots a Key Stone and tells him she just got a Sceptilite from the nearby tribe of Sceptile. Sensing she wanted one and recognizing her as the woman he was intrigued with from her moments on television and the research she compiled from Birch and Rowan’s successor, he wanted to see if she was even up to snuff. Instead of a fight, he asks her questions about how she views her Pokémon, and how she got the Sceptilite and how she knew where it was. She views them as companions and partners, and she tells him of the guy who showed the location after she barely managed to win the Grass-Type tournament. She neglected to inform him she had stage fright, but he already knew.

He decides to test Silenus’s trust in Naka, as well as Naka’s fear. He has Silenus blindfolded, and Naka has to command her Sceptile through an obstacle course. Of course, it wasn’t made easy. Spenser unleashed his Shiftry and Crobat, both using Double Team to make Naka nervous and stutter. Despite the obstacle course being difficult and Naka having issues with so many judging eyes looking at her, they did manage to complete the obstacle course, even if it was rather slow. Spenser gifts her a spare Key Stone, one he used as a replacement just in case he lost his original (as a joke).

Then, they train, with Spenser using his own Mega Venusaur. Naka used the Sceptilite and the Key Stone, but while Silenus Mega Evolved, he lost himself to his primal instincts and didn’t listen to her. The Mega Venusaur was practically unphased, and Naka spent a couple weeks to a month with Spenser training and getting closer with Silenus so that he can acknowledge and embrace his new Draconic instincts and listen to her. After training not only her Sceptile but the rest of her team (as well as Spenser teaching her how to find peace within herself, which helped with her perfectionism and paranoia), Spenser half-jokes that she should attend the Battle Frontier tournament and really show off her skills. But before she does so, he requests that she build that emotional strength with her Sceptile, and suggests she goes to Wikstrom’s Castle of Chivalry to prove herself and her Sceptile there.

While there, she met a young girl she had traveled through Sinnoh with just a few months earlier, and together with her Empoleon, Naka and her Silenus trained under Wikstrom to become knights. Or, at least prove themselves. After reaching the third task, they get the treasure he and his Aegislash and Klefki were protecting, but find the scroll to be a reflective surface and empty. Wikstrom says it’s for them to choose who they are and their own destinies in life because the face staring back at you is the only one who can decide who you are. Naka feels almost called out, but decides to go back to Hoenn, where the Battle Frontier-hosted Tournament was going to happen, thinking that the audience wouldn’t bother her this time. Of course, it still does, but not as much as it did before. She did have a few blunders, keeping her from getting high in the brackets, but she did manage to show off how strong her team was and her own strength towards her paranoia. When they meet again, Spenser says that once she has fully tempered her spirit and mind to her paranoia, he'd like to fight her again and maybe even award her with a Silver Spirits Symbol. But because she had tried and he wanted to reward her for her effort, he gave her a Copper Spirits Symbol. It's unofficial, but Naka treasures it dearly, as it's to show she's making headway on herself and changing for the better.
Naka’s morals aren’t completely black and white. She wouldn’t mind killing if you ask her in the moment and all conditions are met, meaning it has to be a last resort. Conditions include: 1) Pokémon aren’t available to help detain, 2) It’s too dangerous or not feasible to apprehend or incapacitate the person, and 3) Someone’s life is in danger, whether that be her own or someone else’s.

While she does have problems with killing as it is objectively wrong in her mind, she does agree that sometimes, you have to do so and take care of the mental fallout afterwards. When in a situation where the scenario gets dangerous and the adrenaline starts pumping, she disassociates and loses her emotions, only working on logic and code. Her code is to protect those who are with her, and only incapacitate or detain unless that is impossible, then get away. If that is impossible, then kill. She will never ask for her Pokémon to kill, even going so far as to prevent them herself. However, if she does end up killing someone in this haze, the shock of what she did would prevent her from registering what she did until after it’s all said and done.

She will end up grievously injuring a Team Rocket admin and will fight to keep her alive. Because it was an admin and Naka gave information to the police about what else she saw and why she had to do what she had to do, she was left off the hook, which only made her feel worse. While she is told that the admin survived, she didn’t register it as anything good, but now a painful reminder of who she could have turned into, or already turning into.

The mental fallout will be excruciating, as she’ll start to question herself and if she is even really worth having her Pokémon be as strong as they are and if it’s worth it to continue her career if she’s so willing to do something so horrible. The realization that she’s a horrible person will start to affect her behavior towards friends, family, and her Pokémon. She will become more distant, work more hours, and train her body by herself and not with her Pokémon. She needed to work on herself physically and emotionally, but all she ends up doing is stagnating herself. It will affect her relationship with her Sceptile so much that he will lose the ability to Mega Evolve entirely until she can fix herself. Not because of anything involuntarily, but as a choice from his fractured trust in her as he is worried about her mental well-being, and didn't feel comfortable trusting her like he had before, thinking she'd take his strength too far.

Spenser’s training would somewhat work as she tries to reconnect with family and her Pokémon, and she’ll regain her peace of mind, but she needs to find him again, so she goes to him in Hoenn and challenges him to a fight because she thinks he will help her, where she starts to become unhinged. The attempt to reconnect with people who cared about her caused her analyzing mind to pick up on patterns that weren’t really there, delusionally thinking her family thought she was a horrible person, too. Her Pokémon are worried for her, but they follow her orders, which are needlessly brutal, like she’s disassociating and going back to that time where she felt like she had to kill that admin. She wanted Spenser to understand her anguish, and in her own twisted way was to have her Pokemon hurt his brethren. However, her Pokemon didn't go as hard as Naka would have liked, which only angered her even more as the anger and frustrations went inward and further putting her down a spiral. Between Sceptile and Venusaur, where Venusaur Mega Evolved yet Sceptile couldn’t, Spenser aids her throughout the fight, then tells her that if she can’t focus on not only her Pokémon, but also herself, then she will never be capable of Mega Evolution and he might as well take her Key Stone and Sceptilite, as well as the copper spirit seal he made for her until she can handle her own mental fallout. While she heard the words and the threat to the very things she treasured as gaining her own sense of identity and peace with herself, it’s not until she watched her Sceptile and felt numb.

Silenus went back to her and took the Sceptilite from her back, giving her a determined look. Numbly, she mega evolved him.

The Mega Evolution was shaky at best. Silenus is having a hard time staying Mega Evolved, and seeing her Sceptile struggle for her despite his lessening trust in her mental state has her realizing just how far Sceptile will go to make her see his opinion of her, and that is he'll keep fighting for her to achieve her own peace. Sceptile's actions let Spenser's words sink in, and Naka realizes that her Sceptile is with her every step of the way, despite how she nearly shattered his trust in her. He was going to be her guardian, even from herself. She doesn’t believe she deserves this level of respect, but she takes the help anyway, vowing to be by his side and not let herself falter like that again.

Even though she very nearly took a life, she did so to preserve a life, and there was nothing she could have done to prevent herself from losing the life she swore to protect anyway. While the idea is foreign to her despite others likely having told her this, she realizes she’s not actually a horrible person. That she shouldn’t throw her entire life away because of something she did to save someone’s life, even if it was unjust. That she’s not going to turn into a serial killer and hurt or kill others because she didn’t murder out of cold blood. That she shouldn’t burn bridges with anyone and distance herself from those who were trying to help her. Realizing that what she did was unavoidable if she still wanted to preserve a life, she doesn’t regret her actions as badly, especially since she did what she could to prevent her deadly actions from taking a life - even if they were a villain. While she wasn’t able to best Spenser, she showed she was trying to at least better herself and her relations with her Pokémon, by not being swallowed up by her own issues. Spenser lets her keep the copper seal, the Key Stone, and the Sceptilite, but has her promise him that the next time she goes to him, she has a better mind for herself and that to find peace within oneself is to forgive oneself, even while giving what she did the weight and respect it deserves. She can’t use other people’s opinions of her to judge her character for her, she has to do that herself and meet the other person in the mirror. If she can’t make peace with her own reflection like what she saw in that scroll from the Castle of Chivalry, she’ll never be at peace with herself and will constantly live in fear of what others think of her as and the apparent “monster” that lives within her, which only grows the longer she keeps fueling it with her fear and she will eventually become that monster due to her chameleon-like personality of becoming the thing people see her as to fit in.
When she sees herself as the monster everyone else saw her as, it symbolizes the beast within Mega Sceptile (the Dragon-Typing), as Silenus has to make peace and embrace the beast that has been within himself all along. He was always a more logical being, not that of instinct or emotions, but managed to wrestle it down and figure it out for her (of course, with her help). Knowing Naka goes through something very similar, he wants to teach that to her but doesn’t know how. That is until she fights Spenser and he tries to mega evolve despite the pain, showing her that he does believe in her despite his fractured trust over his worry about her mental state and how she’ll abuse his power - something he was already reluctant in having but trusted she’ll make good use of it.

Being in peace with oneself reminds Naka of serenity, and that reminds her of the forests she constantly finds herself in. Her behavioral ecologist research also symbolizes Mega Sceptile, as it is a mixture of nature (Grass-Types) and the origins of behavior - where all these instincts come from and how primal and ancient they all are, and how they develop from there depending on where they live and the experiences they have (Dragon-Typing, and her later predicament). She is as much of a badass as her Mega Sceptile, but she doesn’t need to be a complete monster to get there, nor is she a horrible person, as she still tried to help the person she nearly killed, and she still tries to protect, care, and nurture (like how Sceptile is the guardian of the forest and will care and nurture dying plants and Pokémon back to health, as well as a parallel for when Silenus gets beat by the leader Sceptile in the Mirage Forest but still helps take care of him in the end).

Obviously, the Spirits Symbol is supposed to symbolize peace of mind and acceptance of who you are. It's difficult to accept who you are if you don't even know yourself in the first place, and that's something Naka struggles with. She's this person every can go to, but she doesn't feel like she can do the same. Having a chameleon-like personality where you always shift who you are depending on the people around you is painful on one's identity and it can cause massive confusion that can persist into adulthood. You feel like you are playing as someone else half the time, yet you know you are still you, but you don't know which parts of you are truly you or qualities you wish you could be. When Naka gets the Copper Symbol, it's to show she's getting there to understanding who she even is as a person, but when she struggles because all of her morals crash down and her unresolved trauma exacerbates it, she feels like she really is just a monster and her only lifeline was the person who seemed to know how to help her. The Silver Spirits Symbol is something Naka will get later when she fights him officially, but it won't be because she beat him. It will be because she came back as herself truly, yet still struggles with some unresolved things that need to be dealt with, like her trauma. It might be a few years before she can even try for the Gold Spirits Symbol, but when she does, she'll be an even better version of who she truly is and she'll beat him.

I am going to add this here btw, just for you to find Naka's character sheet faster if you're interested.

Do you have discord or nah?

Wow! Thanks for all of the feedback guys. @kyuukestu : The Sanguine Swarm sounds like something up Charlotte's alley. If people are still working on that, I'd like to weave Charlotte in somehow.

@Merciless Medic : Thank you so much for all of your feedback! Your crew sounds like they'd give Charlotte the ride of her life, especially Naka. XD Seriously though, I think it's a great idea those two should meet. If you are willing to help me, we might be able to combine the Infamous and Dragon Training options. Dealing with Shadow Pokémon also sound interesting. I hadn't even considered it. Maybe I could even have Team Cell partner with Team Rocket at some point. The Pokémon Contest can wait until there's nothing immediate going on. Might be a great way for the characters to cool off and have fun, not that camping isn't a option.

Anyway, let me know what you all think. :)

Wow! Thanks for all of the feedback guys. @kyuukestu : The Sanguine Swarm sounds like something up Charlotte's alley. If people are still working on that, I'd like to weave Charlotte in somehow.

@Merciless Medic : Thank you so much for all of your feedback! Your crew sounds like they'd give Charlotte the ride of her life, especially Naka. XD Seriously though, I think it's a great idea those two should meet. If you are willing to help me, we might be able to combine the Infamous and Dragon Training options. Dealing with Shadow Pokémon also sound interesting. I hadn't even considered it. Maybe I could even have Team Cell partner with Team Rocket at some point. The Pokémon Contest can wait until there's nothing immediate going on. Might be a great way for the characters to cool off and have fun, not that camping isn't a option.

Anyway, let me know what you all think. :)
I'll let you know once Sanguine Storms begins. We've got an event or two before it kicks off.

Hello! I'm new to the website and I have to say, this is the most thought out and detailed pokemon rp I've ever seen. I was wondering if there might be room for one more person to join?? I wasn't sure if I did this here or if I had to send a messaeg directly to you, but this was the only way I could figure to ask.

Hello! I'm new to the website and I have to say, this is the most thought out and detailed pokemon rp I've ever seen. I was wondering if there might be room for one more person to join?? I wasn't sure if I did this here or if I had to send a messaeg directly to you, but this was the only way I could figure to ask.
We are an open sandbox RP, people are free to join and leave as they please. :D Just drop a character sheet :D