• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Discussion Thread

Okay, the brackets have been modified so that the 'newer' trainers are more evenly spread out.

1681719216529.png

Question @Charlotte Pryce

What 'level' would you say Charlotte's pokémon are? We have trainers who are at very different points in their journey so their pokemon naturally don't have the same level of training. Where would you say Charlotte is, or how strong would you say she is?
Good question! I'd say her Garchomp is at level 48. Charlotte hasn't had her for long, and Garchomp does not obey most of her commands. Considering she caught Tiburon when she was in her final evolutionary stage, I'd say the rest of Charlotte's Pokémon are level 40-50 at least. Except Cloyster and Lanturn, I was planning on having them somewhere around level 27-32.

If I need to dial anyone up or down a notch to level the playing field, let me know. Charlotte is a competent strategist, but she hasn't battled competitively for a couple of years. She uses a code to tell her Pokémon which move to use without alerting her opponent, so I'd say that's one advantage her team has over other competitors. Since Cloyster and Lanturn are new, they would not have learned that code.

Does that answer your questions? Let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Good question! I'd say her Garchomp is at level 48. Charlotte hasn't had her for long, and Garchomp does not obey most of her commands. Considering she caught Tiburon when she was in her final evolutionary stage, I'd say the rest of Charlotte's Pokémon are level 40-50 at least. Except Cloyster and Lanturn, I was planning on having them somewhere around level 27-32.

If I need to dial anyone up or down a notch to level the playing field, let me know. Charlotte is a competent strategist, but she hasn't battled competitively for a couple of years. She uses a code to tell her Pokémon which move to use without alerting her opponent, so I'd say that's one advantage her team has over other competitors. Since Cloyster and Lanturn are new, they would not have learned that code.

Does that answer your questions? Let me know if there's anything I can clarify.
Answers all my questions, thanks!

There! That should do it, I think. BTY, are held items allowed in this tournament? I just wanted to check because I had something planned for Splash if things got dicey. Don't worry! It's not a healing item or a focus sash.
Held items are indeed allowed, I'm not sure if anyone is using them. We have a loose money system so people can't get access to Tms or Held Items too easily. I'd assume Charlotte's got a decent amount of cash saved up or items from her earlier journey?

Held items are indeed allowed, I'm not sure if anyone is using them. We have a loose money system so people can't get access to Tms or Held Items too easily. I'd assume Charlotte's got a decent amount of cash saved up or items from her earlier journey?
Correct! She has a couple of items, mostly herbs and one sooth bell. She saves most of her cash for some online courses she takes at home. When she was a kid, she blew her allowance on Pokémon stuff (similar to how a lot of Pokémon fans blew their money on Pokémon cards), and learned to become frugal. Win or lose, I'd say she's going to be strapped for cash after this tournament is over. ;)

To clarify, Shellos is still behind the pillar, it launched the Mud Bomb by elongating its neck, like so—
View attachment 946978
enjoy your nightmares!

BUT, I didn't notice anything about Floatzel circling around or anything. If if just shot Toxic straight at Shellos then Shellos would just hide behind the pillar. @Charlotte Pryce

Fool this only fuels me.

If nothing else Desmond is already getting some good shots from this first round lol

Correct! She has a couple of items, mostly herbs and one sooth bell. She saves most of her cash for some online courses she takes at home. When she was a kid, she blew her allowance on Pokémon stuff (similar to how a lot of Pokémon fans blew their money on Pokémon cards), and learned to become frugal. Win or lose, I'd say she's going to be strapped for cash after this tournament is over. ;)
Really, you've got no worries about losing to Esther. She's the only new trainer in Group A, Naka & Charlotte are just smurfing her with their level 50 pokémon against her level 20s :v

Can't believe you'd Power Herb Razor Wind me after I said I was 30 levels below you. No mercy, huh?

Sorry! To be fair, Charlotte has no was of knowing what level Esther is at. Of course, I can change it if you want to keep this battle going for longer. I just thought of it like, yesterday. Thought it would be a good way to make things exciting. Let's be honest, Floatzel doesn't have the best move pool for this kind of tournament.

Quick note @Charlotte Pryce, if Charlotte got framed then you're gonna wanna have a fairly solid way of framing her. It sounds like the tournament she was in was pretty closed off—i.e. no audience to act as witness, etc.

You might wanna say the tournament was suspect/rigged from the start or something.
Well, I had another idea. Let me run it by you, just to see if it sounds practical. I wrote that Charlotte wrote an exposé about the Battle Enchancement company. That would imply that she had interviewed and/or spied on them at some point. I figured, what would happen if one of the company's Pokémon test subjects went berserk while Charlotte was in the building?

Tiburon the Garchomp could have been that very test subject, and Charlotte would have been forced to use her Pokémon team to subdue her. No witnesses. Except the fleeing company staff and Charlotte's Pokémon. To save face, the company took the security footage and doctored it so that when Charlotte's exposé came out, they could make it look like she was in on it. Thus, ruining her creditability.

The truth might have been revealed later, but not before ruining Charlotte's chances of finishing the Gym Tournament. If she was suspected of using "illegal" power enhancements, that would call all her past wins into questions. Plus, in the real world, employers tend to look down on convicted felons, even if they were found innocent. Presto! Instead of a hero who exposed an company's lies, and stopped a Garchomp from causing further damage, you get a weasel who broke into private property and turned rat in order to make herself look good. Doesn't work out in Charlotte's favor, does it.

Anyway, let me know what you think. It was either this, or she entered some kind of underground tournament to figure out who was making the power enhancers.

Last edited:
Sorry! To be fair, Charlotte has no was of knowing what level Esther is at. Of course, I can change it if you want to keep this battle going for longer. I just thought of it like, yesterday. Thought it would be a good way to make things exciting. Let's be honest, Floatzel doesn't have the best move pool for this kind of tournament.
No worries lol
Well, I had another idea. Let me run it by you, just to see if it sounds practical. I wrote that Charlotte wrote an exposé about the Battle Enchancement company. That would imply that she had interviewed and/or spied on them at some point. I figured, what would happen if one of the company's Pokémon test subjects went berserk while Charlotte was in the building?

Tiburon the Garchomp could have been that very test subject, and Charlotte would have been forced to use her Pokémon team to subdue her. No witnesses. Except the fleeing company staff and Charlotte's Pokémon. To save face, the company took the security footage and doctored it so that when Charlotte's exposé came out, they could make it look like she was in on it. Thus, ruining her creditability.

The truth might have been revealed later, but not before ruining Charlotte's chances of finishing the Gym Tournament. If she was suspected of using "illegal" power enhancements, that would call all her past wins into questions. Plus, in the real world, employers tend to look down on convicted felons, even if they were found innocent. Presto! Instead of a hero who exposed an company's lies, and stopped a Garchomp from causing further damage, you get a weasel who broke into private property and turned rat in order to make herself look good. Doesn't work out in Charlotte's favor, does it.

Anyway, let me know what you think. It was either this, or she entered some kind of underground tournament to figure out who was making the power enhancers.
Well, I think she'd be more likely to get pinned for corporate espionage...? You might want to have the company actually slip her Buizel a power enhancement to sell the story more, maybe something in the air so that it doesn't all fall apart the moment she had her pokémon tested.

Pokémon are assessed before each gym battle in this RP since we allow people to challenge to gyms in any order and the gym needs to know what 'level' of pokémon to use for the challenge. If her gym wins were to be called into question it would need to be a difficult-to-detect drug or something.

Alternately since Charlotte is one of the older Ocs this could've happened before the League implemented this testing, so it was more dubious.

Well, I think she'd be more likely to get pinned for corporate espionage...? You might want to have the company actually slip her Buizel a power enhancement to sell the story more, maybe something in the air so that it doesn't all fall apart the moment she had her pokémon tested.
Ooo! I like that. Yes, let's go with that.

It would have been an experimental drug anyway, so even if the league has way of testing for specific drugs they might not have developed a test for this new drug yet. What do you think?

LOL. If she wants to take Splash out, her Swampert will have to be quick.
Hehehe, niiiice. XD I think they're around the same level range too. Her Swampert's about 60 tho.

But yeah, also, there was a break for Charlotte. The fight after Esther v Charlotte was Reina v Savannah, then it was Naka v Charlotte. We're just going through them at the same time so nobody has to wait for one battle to move on. She could get her Pokemon treated and her Floatzel to wake up.

Last edited:
Hehehe, niiiice. XD I think they're around the same level range too. Her Swampert's about 60 tho.

But yeah, also, there was a break for Charlotte. The fight after Esther v Charlotte was Reina v Savannah, then it was Naka v Charlotte. We're just going through them at the same time so nobody has to wait for one battle to move on. She could get her Pokemon treated and her Floatzel to wake up.
Oh. Okay. Thank you for the clarification! Shall I edit my post then?

Alright, been dragging this out for a bit, had to get to it eventually, current Fire gym leader in Kanto:

Name: Maker Towers
Appearance:
Maker official.png
Personality: From zero to one hundred, Maker's personality can shift in a blitz second. She goes from happy to angry on the spot, having no mercy on those who are the reason for her rage. Happy Maker is best Maker, she treats her friends and family with love and care, always teasing them, joking and laughing. Her personality and looks made her very popular among boys while growing up, which made her gain a flirty attitude with those around her. Maker's passion for fire Pokemon was inspired by her older brother, she adores fire Pokemon over everything and has made it her life goal to become the best when it comes to training them. She shares a similar sense of justice like her sister, but isn't too dedicated to it. Maker is as stubborn as her brother and once she sets her eyes on something, she doesn't stop until she gets it, making her a great friend but even a worst enemy.

Pokemon:
Main Team:
Charizard
Volcarona
Flareon
Infernape
Salazzle
Rapidash

Gym Pokemon: anything that's fire :v

I'll work on this section later, gotta run and don't want to lose the post so far.

Throwing two ideas for events out there to see what everyone thinks.

1) Arborville is close to the Lake of Life, where there's a lot of various Pokemon found in the wild. We could have a competition of some kind, like a fishing competition.

2) Ecruteak City: The Kimono Girls are hosting a festival to promote Johto's culture to people who live in other Regions. There could be carnival games, food stalls, maybe a trade meet, who knows!

1) Arborville is close to the Lake of Life, where there's a lot of various Pokemon found in the wild. We could have a competition of some kind, like a fishing competition.

2) Ecruteak City: The Kimono Girls are hosting a festival to promote Johto's culture to people who live in other Regions. There could be carnival games, food stalls, maybe a trade meet, who knows!

I think both could be fun but Desmond going to the Kimono Girl festival seems like a fantastic chance to get a slice of Johto culture and get some good pictures.

A Tyranitar lives near the Lake of Life, Esther might go find some trouble with it~

Ooo! I like those ideas, especially the second one. Charlotte attended a theatre show in Johto when she was younger. Her Roserade, Bolero fell in love with the stage, and Charlotte would love to explore the culture.

@kyuukestu Speaking of Tyranitar, has anyone managed to translate Charlotte's mysterious text message? I'll post a spoiler so that anyone who hasn't figured it out or wanted to be surprised won't have it spoiled for them.
For the translation and the possible meaning behind it read this:
Translation: Who will win Aggron or Tyranitar? @kyuukestu mentioned wanting to get Esther in trouble with the Tyranitar at the Lake of Life. Remember the "reward" Charlotte's mysterious phone call mention? How would people feel about a rampaging [possibly doped up] Aggron getting into a fight with that Tyranitar? Too much? It's okay. Be honest with me.

Ooo! I like those ideas, especially the second one. Charlotte attended a theatre show in Johto when she was younger. Her Roserade, Bolero fell in love with the stage, and Charlotte would love to explore the culture.

@kyuukestu Speaking of Tyranitar, has anyone managed to translate Charlotte's mysterious text message? I'll post a spoiler so that anyone who hasn't figured it out or wanted to be surprised won't have it spoiled for them.
Translation: Who will win Aggron or Tyranitar? @kyuukestu mentioned wanting to get Esther in trouble with the Tyranitar at the Lake of Life. Remember the "reward" Charlotte's mysterious phone call mention? How would people feel about a rampaging [possibly doped up] Aggron getting into a fight with that Tyranitar? Too much? It's okay. Be honest with me.
Naka can read Unown fluently lol
but yeah, beyond what she can read of the Unown, she can't parse anything that will happen into the future and Naka doesn't know the Lake of Life has a Tyranitar there lol

I def don't mind, I'm all for getting up to no good anyway.