• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: The Fork in the Road Discussion

@RexOli Accepted, Stealth Rock is fine, you could've given them something WAY more broken that'd be hard to work around, and it seems autocorrect kicked in, it's STAMINA, not Stability. Also, I agree with them, if we get one more negative alignment character, we can finally start this thing.

Whoops, yeps, correct do auto. I'll beat this thing into submission one day, I swear. Thank you, fixed it. :3

Well, since we're almost there, might as well make the character bios for our three guildmasters. They'll be in spoiler tags, because huuuuuge. Also, they break a few rules due to their position, but will not do any combat.

Name: Curly Energia
Pokémon: Alolan Sandslash
Height/Weight: 46 in., 145 lbs.
Alignment: Lawful Good
Personality: Curly Energia is a very stern, yet caring woman who has taken over the R.a.T.E.S (Rescue and Tactics Expeditionary Society) in stead of her late father. She is the guildmaster, and assigns all assignments to all teams who walk through her gate, and gives them food, water, and shelter. Of course, running an operation like this costs money, so about 80% of the money gotten through helping goes directly to the guild's coffers, much to her distaste. Curly prefers a life of charity, and has often helped Jumba Town with the construction of new buildings and services. However, she does not like dwelling on the past, and gives a sharp glare and a firm scolding when asked about her own.
Attire (Hat, Kerchief, etc.): Curly wears a tattered red kerchief around her neck, one she's never seen without.
Appearance: Compared to most Pokémon of her species, she is slightly shorter, and chubby.
Moveset: Icicle Crash, Swords Dance, Iron Head, Leech Life
Ability: Slush Rush
Starting Level: 58
Backstory: Not much is known about her, only that she has been with the guild for over 30 years due to her very secretive nature.

Name: Wesley Salamando
Pokémon: Quagsire
Height/Weight: 61 in., 176 lbs.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personality: Wesley is a very carefree person, and has established C.o.R.R.U.P.T (Collaboration of Really Really Useful People Together) in Triumph Forest to let others experience the joys of exploring. He doesn't supply food or water, not even shelter, it's more of a stop & go employment center. The best part about it, he doesn't even take a cut of your rewards, and he even hands out cookies! Though, he isn't the brightest, but he makes up for it with a big heart.
Attire: Around his arm is a green kerchief, but he also wears a bowler hat with a scarlet ribbon around it.
Appearance: Just a normal Quagsire, a little big, but nothing much else.
Moveset: Aqua Tail, Earthquake, Yawn, Recover
Ability: Unaware
Starting Level: 54
Backstory: Since Wesley doesn't talk to people personally much, all people know about Wesley is that he's always been very kind, if a bit clueless.

Name: Rasputin Giratinus
Pokémon: Dunsparce
Height/Weight: 69 in., 35 lbs.
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Personality: Rasputin Giratinus is a sick, disgusting, twisted person who made the organization D.o.O.M (Destroyers of Obsolete Matters) on Sundered Clifftop in order to create a new world: one where all is gone, and only the worst and most vile parts of life and society remain. She is willing to do anything to achieve this purpose. Anything. If you do end up working for her, it's because it's your last hope, because although it pays extraordinarily well, once you're in her grasp, she never lets go.
Attire: Rasputin wears an ornamental skull headband, and what appears to be a black shroud.
Appearance: Rasputin seems to lightly give off a dark light, though it's barely visible, and they stand upright. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary.
Moveset: Glare, Roost, Coil, Drill Run
Ability: Serene Grace
Starting Level: 70
Backstory: All that is known is she was exiled from Jumba Town for various reasons, she reveals nothing about herself and her goals, and that anywhere she comes and goes, there are only screams.

Hmm...
Question, I really want to use my other character, Keene, but I don't exactly want him to be in the neutral clan or straight up evil?

So is it possible if I make him a chaotic neutral, but have him in debt which is why he's working with the negative alignment?

Hmm...
Question, I really want to use my other character, Keene, but I don't exactly want him to be in the neutral clan or straight up evil?

So is it possible if I make him a chaotic neutral, but have him in debt which is why he's working with the negative alignment?
We DO need to get started... I think I can let that slide, and at that rate, Chaotic Good can also go down the positive path, but both of those will be limited due to them not truly fitting the archetype. @KukiCornet go for it. With that, we are ready to begin.

Sorry to bother you @GQuasch but,, I find the evil leader's name being Rasputin so hecking hilarious, you can't even imagine.

Everdrake's first working name was Anastasiya/Nastya, but I caved since I figured making Rapidash Are Russian-coded canon in your world would do us no good.

And we had come full circle anyway, agjsj.

I always underestimated Dunsparce, I admit. Can't wait to have my foolish assumptions dashed to bits.

We DO need to get started... I think I can let that slide, and at that rate, Chaotic Good can also go down the positive path, but both of those will be limited due to them not truly fitting the archetype. @KukiCornet go for it. With that, we are ready to begin.
Great! Thank you!!

I just need to rewrite a few things in Keene's bio and also edit Eden's backstory, and possibly a couple things too.
After that, we should be ready! òvó

Sorry to bother you @GQuasch but,, I find the evil leader's name being Rasputin so hecking hilarious, you can't even imagine.

Everdrake's first working name was Anastasiya/Nastya, but I caved since I figured making Rapidash Are Russian-coded canon in your world would do us no good.

And we had come full circle anyway, agjsj.

I always underestimated Dunsparce, I admit. Can't wait to have my foolish assumptions dashed to bits.
Rasputin is one of my oldest OCs, they've been around for about 8-9 years. It's how I came to love Dunsparce.
Great! Thank you!!

I just need to rewrite a few things in Keene's bio and also edit Eden's backstory, and possibly a couple things too.
After that, we should be ready! òvó
Alright, I'll give it a read later, then I'll put it in and we'll get started. So without further ado...
@Hecotoro @Cmeriwether @Demonic Bunny @ThAtGuY101 @RexOli @KukiCornet @Alternate_Mystery @Red Gallade FINAL CURTAIN CALL! ANY BIOS UNFINISHED HAVE 12 HOURS TO BE FINISHED, THEN WE START!

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Hey, this looks pretty interesting. If it's still open, I'd love to join in. Here's a bio - feel free to let me know if anything needs to be changed.

Name: Cadence
Pokémon: Popplio
Height/Weight: 0.37m (1'2), 15lb
Alignment: Bordering between Neutral Good and Chaotic Good
Personality: Like most of her species, Cadence is a performer at heart. She's confident and self-assured, with a headstrong nature. She has a flair for the dramatic and the theatrical, and tends to opt for style and glamour over practicality at times. While she has relatively strong morals and is good at heart, she will not hesitate to challenge any that go against her ideals, and she favors what is right over what is socially acceptable. She will typically respect authority, unless she believes that said authority is going against her moral code. Generally, she has little regard for her appearance in the eyes of others - as a performer, she knows she has to be resilient to mockery and ridicule. To some, she seems to be a bit full of herself - but in reality, she's just overly dramatic.
Attire: Pale pink scarf worn around the neck. Occasionally adds simple accessories such as bows and ribbons.
Appearance: Relatively average for her species.
Moveset: Pound, Echoed Voice, Disarming Voice, Aqua Jet
Ability: Torrent
Starting Level: 12
Backstory: To be determined. I plan to figure it out as I get a feel for the general tone of the roleplay. It probably won't have a huge impact on her character though.

EDIT: Removed spoiler tags, because they are not cooperating with me tonight. :(

Hey, this looks pretty interesting. If it's still open, I'd love to join in. Here's a bio - feel free to let me know if anything needs to be changed.

Name: Cadence
Pokémon: Popplio
Height/Weight: 0.37m (1'2), 15lb
Alignment: Bordering between Neutral Good and Chaotic Good
Personality: Like most of her species, Cadence is a performer at heart. She's confident and self-assured, with a headstrong nature. She has a flair for the dramatic and the theatrical, and tends to opt for style and glamour over practicality at times. While she has relatively strong morals and is good at heart, she will not hesitate to challenge any that go against her ideals, and she favors what is right over what is socially acceptable. She will typically respect authority, unless she believes that said authority is going against her moral code. Generally, she has little regard for her appearance in the eyes of others - as a performer, she knows she has to be resilient to mockery and ridicule. To some, she seems to be a bit full of herself - but in reality, she's just overly dramatic.
Attire: Pale pink scarf worn around the neck. Occasionally adds simple accessories such as bows and ribbons.
Appearance: Relatively average for her species.
Moveset: Pound, Echoed Voice, Disarming Voice, Aqua Jet
Ability: Torrent
Backstory: To be determined. I plan to figure it out as I get a feel for the general tone of the roleplay. It probably won't have a huge impact on her character though.

EDIT: Removed spoiler tags, because they are not cooperating with me tonight. :(
Caught me right before I went to bed. @aurivee_ , accepted, I'll put you with Neutral to balance things out more.

(Aaand I am retconning Everdrakes loneliness after half a day. Can't say that's a new record for me. With Everdrake being a stoneface (Get it, do you get it, HA-) , I need an outlet for my silly jokes, and expanding the evil coffers is a nice bonus. Meet the tattletale extraordinaire!)

Name: Coinage McRampage (Coin)
Pokémon: Salandit

Height/Weight: 1'6" / 8.48 lbs. (Basically a dwarf.)
Alignment: Chaotic Evil- as evil as a middle schooler can truly be. An ankle bitter without a conscience.

Personality: Coinage would be an absolute menace at any playground, and that would be without the affinity for poisonous smog and habit of expressing its emotions with its teeth before quickly skittering away. These violent impulses have been curbed by Everdrakes presence, who Coin follows and annoys like an uncanny mix between a street puppy and devil on one's shoulders, but to Coin's delight, Everdrake occasionally turns her back and lets Coin loose. A fight for fight's sake is purposeless, but perhaps it has some use when it keeps Coin entertained and away from people Everdrake needs for a moment longer.

Coin is a bubbling cauldron of movement and chatter, never still and never not cooking up something Nasty in the back of their little, gremlin mind. And that's nasty with an uppercase N- Coin graduated from the leagues of smelly slime and whoopie cushions a long while ago, and took upon Everdrakes unflinching nature in its own way- Small bones and torn glossy wings are on the menu when Coin is on the prowl, and you'll just be glad that these at least don't have permanent consequences on your person.

Coin is still a child, of course- It could be easily distracted from clawing your skin into ribbons with a game or offering of something shiny. Shiny and pretty things, those it likes the most, even if it doesn't tend to hold onto them for long. It's different with Pokemon- It holds onto Pokemon it finds entertaining very tightly, often literary and quite against their will. Quite an excitable fella, really!

Attire (Hat, Kerchief, etc.): A glistening gray bow tied at the back of its neck, with its wide ends painted like wings of Beautifly. It definitely cost a small fortune, making its frayed tattering a sign most could positively sob at.
Appearance: No astronomical distinction except two itsy, bitsy thingies- Its white scales of a shiny and heritage from old grandpapa. Coin's tongue is easily longer than it has any right to be, forked and capable of shooting out like Froakies. It's a real menace to bug Pokemon everywhere and its sticky saliva causes a foul-smelling rash. It's not any true poison yet, Coin is a bit too young for that but you'll still end up with nasty ich if you don't clean it fast.

Moveset: Ember, Scratch, Smog, Knock Off
Ability: Corrosion
Starting Level: 13

Backstory: Coin isn't exactly a secretive person, one couldn't hold onto a filter when chattering miles a minute like it does, but it skirts around its past so often that even Everdrake only has a smudged picture of it. They've been traveling together for a little around a month, and so far Coin has claimed to be a ghostly apparition, an escapee of certain execution at the hands of a famous guild, a zorua shape-locked by cruel experiments and a disgraced child of Yveltal. (Everdrake might have done a hasty purification ritual on the spot.)

What matters is that it stumbled upon Everdrake's first attempt to bury a Pokedollar, hoping that the little thing would have a greater use and spare themselves bargaining. She wasn't exactly expecting a sapling, just strongly hoping for one, and instead got a manic giggle and a cloud of cinders directly into their waiting face.

Coin stuck to Everdrakes side ever since, and Drake never bothered to discourage it. Coin actually recognizes the things vendors sell and acts like Everdrakes hands, while Everdrake makes use of its smog ability and penchant for effortless distractions. It's a companionship at its finest, and Coin is the happiest it has been in a long, long while.

(Aaand I am retconning Everdrakes loneliness after half a day. Can't say that's a new record for me. With Everdrake being a stoneface (Get it, do you get it, HA-) , I need an outlet for my silly jokes, and expanding the evil coffers is a nice bonus. Meet the tattletale extraordinaire!)

Name: Coinage McRampage (Coin)
Pokémon: Salandit

Height/Weight: 1'6" / 8.48 lbs. (Basically a dwarf.)
Alignment: Chaotic Evil- as evil as a middle schooler can truly be. An ankle bitter without a conscience.

Personality: Coinage would be an absolute menace at any playground, and that would be without the affinity for poisonous smog and habit of expressing its emotions with its teeth before quickly skittering away. These violent impulses have been curbed by Everdrakes presence, who Coin follows and annoys like an uncanny mix between a street puppy and devil on one's shoulders, but to Coin's delight, Everdrake occasionally turns her back and lets Coin loose. A fight for fight's sake is purposeless, but perhaps it has some use when it keeps Coin entertained and away from people Everdrake needs for a moment longer.

Coin is a bubbling cauldron of movement and chatter, never still and never not cooking up something Nasty in the back of their little, gremlin mind. And that's nasty with an uppercase N- Coin graduated from the leagues of smelly slime and whoopie cushions a long while ago, and took upon Everdrakes unflinching nature in its own way- Small bones and torn glossy wings are on the menu when Coin is on the prowl, and you'll just be glad that these at least don't have permanent consequences on your person.

Coin is still a child, of course- It could be easily distracted from clawing your skin into ribbons with a game or offering of something shiny. Shiny and pretty things, those it likes the most, even if it doesn't tend to hold onto them for long. It's different with Pokemon- It holds onto Pokemon it finds entertaining very tightly, often literary and quite against their will. Quite an excitable fella, really!

Attire (Hat, Kerchief, etc.): A glistening gray bow tied at the back of its neck, with its wide ends painted like wings of Beautifly. It definitely cost a small fortune, making its frayed tattering a sign most could positively sob at.
Appearance: No astronomical distinction except two itsy, bitsy thingies- Its white scales of a shiny and heritage from old grandpapa. Coin's tongue is easily longer than it has any right to be, forked and capable of shooting out like Froakies. It's a real menace to bug Pokemon everywhere and its sticky saliva causes a foul-smelling rash. It's not any true poison yet, Coin is a bit too young for that but you'll still end up with nasty ich if you don't clean it fast.

Moveset: Ember, Scratch, Smog, Knock Off
Ability: Corrosion
Starting Level: 13

Backstory: Coin isn't exactly a secretive person, one couldn't hold onto a filter when chattering miles a minute like it does, but it skirts around its past so often that even Everdrake only has a smudged picture of it. They've been traveling together for a little around a month, and so far Coin has claimed to be a ghostly apparition, an escapee of certain execution at the hands of a famous guild, a zorua shape-locked by cruel experiments and a disgraced child of Yveltal. (Everdrake might have done a hasty purification ritual on the spot.)

What matters is that it stumbled upon Everdrake's first attempt to bury a Pokedollar, hoping that the little thing would have a greater use and spare themselves bargaining. She wasn't exactly expecting a sapling, just strongly hoping for one, and instead got a manic giggle and a cloud of cinders directly into their waiting face.

Coin stuck to Everdrakes side ever since, and Drake never bothered to discourage it. Coin actually recognizes the things vendors sell and acts like Everdrakes hands, while Everdrake makes use of its smog ability and penchant for effortless distractions. It's a companionship at its finest, and Coin is the happiest it has been in a long, long while.
@RexOli accepted, give me a minute to put that down.

@ThAtGuY101 Nah, that's what the discussion thread is for.

It is now UP! Get your characters in!
@Hecotoro @Cmeriwether @Red Gallade @ThAtGuY101 @RexOli @Alternate_Mystery @KukiCornet @aurivee_

My post is nearly done but I got a slap of self-consciousness halfway there, so I have to ask... @GQuasch, could you maybe make a little description of all three HQs and their surrounding? Appearance-wise, just so we know what we're working with.

I don't want to have my characters walk through the gates when you imagine the D.o.O.M HQ to be a cave only accessible by a ladder. :D

My post is nearly done but I got a slap of self-consciousness halfway there, so I have to ask... @GQuasch, could you maybe make a little description of all three HQs and their surrounding? Appearance-wise, just so we know what we're working with.

I don't want to have my characters walk through the gates when you imagine the D.o.O.M HQ to be a cave only accessible by a ladder. :D
Jumba Town is pretty much your standard PMD hub, Triumph Forest is a peaceful forest entrance, there's flowers and stuff, Sundered Clifftop is always dark and stormy, but easily scalable.

Name: Luke

Pokemon: Treekco

Height/Weight: 1'08 and 11.0 lbs

Personality: Luke is a reckless, but caring person, he genuinely cares about the people around him, but will some times put himself in bad situations that cause himself to get hurt. While Luke is a caring person he hates bullys and believes that people who are stronger then those who are weaker then them are obligated to protect them instead of treating them badly. He sometimes tries to act cool but in reality he is kind of a clumsy and ends up messing up the cool guy persona really quick.

Attire: Luke wears a white and blue stripped Bandana and a light gray pouch around his waist.

Apperance: Luke is a bit of a lighter shade green then a regular treecko should be. He's a tad bit thinner and he has a scar on his back from when he was younger.

Moveset: Quick Attack, Pound, Absorb and Leafage

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Luke

Pokemon: Treekco

Height/Weight: 1'08 and 11.0 lbs

Personality: Luke is a reckless, but caring person, he genuinely cares about the people around him, but will some times put himself in bad situations that cause himself to get hurt. While Luke is a caring person he hates bullys and believes that people who are stronger then those who are weaker then them are obligated to protect them instead of treating them badly. He sometimes tries to act cool but in reality he is kind of a clumsy and ends up messing up the cool guy persona really quick.

Attire: Luke wears a white and blue stripped scarf and a light gray pouch around his waist.

Apperance: Luke is a bit of a lighter shade green then a regular treecko should be. He's a tad bit thinner and he has a scar on his back from when he was younger.

Moveset: Quick Attack, Pound, Absorb and Leafage

Accepted, I'll put it down in a little while @Demonic Bunny

Aaand posted! Sorry if it's bumpy at places, breaking into the characters and out of a writing block is a wrestle!

@KukiCornet When you decide to drop Keene in, consider Drake and Coin open for interaction. Can't wait to meet him! :)
@GQuasch Also, congratulation on the new daughter! Hope she won't tear through anything of value and that you two go on many, many adventures together.
Also! I had been re-reading all forms like the obsessive weirdo with apparently too much time to spare (false, false, false-)- aaand... Did you got your heights smudged a bit there? All of your characters are Espurr-sized in mere inches. Not that I wouldn't stan a megalomaniac short queen but I feel there might have been a slip up.

Last edited:
Aaand posted! Sorry if it's bumpy at places, breaking into the characters and out of a writing block is a wrestle!

@KukiCornet When you decide to drop Keene in, consider Drake and Coin open for interaction. Can't wait to meet him! :)
@GQuasch Also, congratulation on the new daughter! Hope she won't tear through anything of value and that you two go on many, many adventures together.
Also! I had been re-reading all forms like the obsessive weirdo with apparently too much time to spare (false, false, false-)- aaand... Did you got your heights smudged a bit there? All of your characters are Espurr-sized in mere inches. Not that I wouldn't stan a megalomaniac short queen but I feel there might have been a slip up.
I appreciate the enthusiasm of your first post... but you can definitely tone it down from here. It took a while to read through it, and when this gets more active... there's going to be a LOT of reading to do. Also, Kuki ain't wrong here, Espurr are naturally only a foot tall, and they put them at their standard height.

I'll try to shorten it from here, sorry. I'm primary used to longer posts, since I want to get the scene/characters right. It's a curse. :p

Also, you misunderstood me. I was talking about your characters and only using Espurr as a comparison. Check your form.

If this is still open, I'd like to join in

Name: Mei

Pokémon: Natu

Height/Weight: 0'7, 4.7 lbs

Personality: Mei is pretty much the average pokemon. Not too smart, not too dumb, quite nice, though she has a temper. Well, at least that's what she thinks she's like. In reality, she is super calm, and often distant from others. Due to this, she often seems to shun people away and doesn't usually push her limits very much.

Attire: A band around the crest on her head, with a similar design to her wings.

Appearance:
Untitled42_20220328213903.png

Moveset: Peck, Stored Power, Teleport, Sucker Punch

Ability: Synchronise

Starting Level: 14

Backstory: Just a simple Natu, living a simple life.

Last edited:
If this is still open, I'd like to join in

Name: Mei

Pokémon: Natu

Height/Weight: 0'7, 4.7 lbs

Personality: Mei is pretty much the average pokemon. Not too smart, not too dumb, quite nice, though she has a temper. Well, at least that's what she thinks she's like. In reality, she is super calm, and often distant from others. Due to this, she often seems to shun people away and doesn't usually push her limits very much.

Attire: A band around the crest on her head, with a similar design to her wings.

Appearance: View attachment 945480

Moveset: Peck, Stored Power, Teleport, Sucker Punch

Ability: Magic Bounce

Starting Level: 14

Backstory: Just a simple Natu, living a simple life.
@Clunpsy Only thing I have a problem with is Magic Bounce, while it is it's hidden ability, it's way too powerful. The only reason why Terra gets theirs is because it doesn't matter much since both of her possible abilities require sunlight. Magic Bounce is just... broken. Other than that, you're good to go.