• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: The Fork in the Road Discussion

So, just for any newcomer, checking the thread out and thinking about joining it,,, please, please, consider making a character with a negative-alignment.

I fear @KukiCornet isn't about to join us, and letting me carry the entire Guild is 1. Bad for my back
2. A recipe for a disaster

For joining the dark side, you'll get an imaginary gift basket (Since it's imaginary, the content is completely up to your preference!) and my eternal gratitude.

Woo hoooo!! Yeaaah!!
Bios are doone!!

I also updated Eden's backstory to match with Keene's. (I also changed his height so it's not too awkward for future interactions hshshshsh)

And ngl, by rewriting the backstory, I realized just how short the old one was and how long the new one is, oop.

Sooo, quick warning before you read. It's a bit long.

IMG_20220325_161908.png

Name: Keene
Pokémon: Shiny Espurr
Height/Weight: 1'9" ft. 0.6 m / 7.0 Ibs. 3.2 kg
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personality: He's a quiet individual who thinks before he speaks and prefers to sit on the sides rather than on the spotlight. Of course, his pink coat doesn't make things easier for him. While usually calm, he can get agitated if he gets bothered enough. Keene doesn't like physical touch, so he keeps his hands to himself and expects other people to do the same, with the exception of his brother who doesn't take a hint.

Attire: He wears a red bandana with white stripes on one half, and on the other, merlot. Formerly, it belonged to his father.
Appearance: Unlike his little brother, Keene looks more like the usual look of a Shiny Espurr, other then the red eyes he has of course. He's been told it's the same color as his father. Like his brother, he also has freckles speckled around his face. A singular star lays on his cheek too, though on the right side instead. While Eden inherents their father's fluffiness, he instead gets the smoothness of a Cinccino's fur, almost velvet-like.

Moveset: Scratch, Leer, Fake Out, Confusion
Ability: Keen Eye
Starting Level: 15

Backstory: Keene is the oldest son of two outlaws, a Meowstic and a Cincinno.

Once upon a time, mint blue eyes met with red ones, and they fell in love. Thus, two little boys were born. The oldest one, Keene, with a pelt resembling that of fluffy cotton candy, and the youngest, Eden, with fur matching the sparkling sky in the night.

Although, being outlaws, they never got to stay in one place for that long. Every now and then, they would leave from their temporary home and moved. But they didn't mind, neither did the children, Keene actually care much about new places, but seeing his brother excited was worth it. Easily said, they were happy.

However, on a nighttime hunting trip, the father never came back. Worried, the mother sought out after her significant other.
She never came back either.

And there left, the two brothers waiting for her arrival in the silence of the night, inside of a hollow tree. After nearly one and a half day of waiting, they went out the same way their mother did, searching for both her and their father. The only traces they found were their scarves.

For days, weeks, months(?), they only had each other for protection and company. The brothers stuck together through thick and thin, and would've continued to do so too, but alas, whilst in the middle of a monster house, Eden suffered a bad injury. With Eden unconscious, Keene was left to fend them off alone.

That being said, he wasn't doing all that good either. He was quickly getting tired and there were too many of them. However, that doesn't mean he was about to give up. With white shining claws out of their hiding spot, he was ready to fight for his life, or he would've if it weren't for the fact that most of them were already fainted by another Pokemon. (The rest of them fled with tails between their legs.)

The Pokemon, known as a Zoroark, interested in Keene's unatural fur color and potential fighting skills, made a deal. Seeing how Eden was gravely injured, he would help tend Eden's wounds and Keene would work for him for a couple years to pay him back. Desperate, Keene agrees. The satisfied Zoroark reaches into his pouch and hands him a reviver seed to give to Eden.

Once sure he was okay, he picked him up in a piggyback, but the Zoroark tells him to drop him off somewhere instead, saying that he would only serve as a distraction. With a shocked expression, he turns to glance at a sleeping Eden and nodded dejectedly, he made a deal afterall.

He dropped him in front off a house full of nature and flora. Looking once more at Eden, he made a silent promise to come find him when his debt was paid, and with that, he left into the shadows.

Also, a heads up!
I'm drawing everyone's characters, so I hope you guys don't mind haha-!

Woo hoooo!! Yeaaah!!
Bios are doone!!

I also updated Eden's backstory to match with Keene's. (I also changed his height so it's not too awkward for future interactions hshshshsh)

And ngl, by rewriting the backstory, I realized just how short the old one was and how long the new one is, oop.

View attachment 945518
Personality: He's a quiet individual who thinks before he speaks and prefers to sit on the sides rather than on the spotlight. Of course, his pink coat doesn't make things easier for him. While usually calm, he can get agitated if he gets bothered enough. Keene doesn't like physical touch, so he keeps his hands to himself and expects other people to do the same, with the exception of his brother who doesn't take a hint.

Attire: He wears a red bandana with white stripes on one half, and on the other, merlot. Formerly, it belonged to his father.
Appearance: Unlike his little brother, Keene looks more like the usual look of a Shiny Espurr, other then the red eyes he has of course. He's been told it's the same color as his father. Like his brother, he also has freckles speckled around his face. A singular star lays on his cheek too, though on the right side instead. While Eden inherents their father's fluffiness, he instead gets the smoothness of a Cinccino's fur, almost velvet-like.

Once upon a time, mint blue eyes met with red ones, and they fell in love. Thus, two little boys were born. The oldest one, Keene, with a pelt resembling that of fluffy cotton candy, and the youngest, Eden, with fur matching the sparkling sky in the night.

Although, being outlaws, they never got to stay in one place for that long. Every now and then, they would leave from their temporary home and moved. But they didn't mind, neither did the children, Keene actually care much about new places, but seeing his brother excited was worth it. Easily said, they were happy.

However, on a nighttime hunting trip, the father never came back. Worried, the mother sought out after her significant other.

And there left, the two brothers waiting for her arrival in the silence of the night, inside of a hollow tree. After nearly one and a half day of waiting, they went out the same way their mother did, searching for both her and their father. The only traces they found were their scarves.

For days, weeks, months(?), they only had each other for protection and company. The brothers stuck together through thick and thin, and would've continued to do so too, but alas, whilst in the middle of a monster house, Eden suffered a bad injury. With Eden unconscious, Keene was left to fend them off alone.

That being said, he wasn't doing all that good either. He was quickly getting tired and there were too many of them. However, that doesn't mean he was about to give up. With white shining claws out of their hiding spot, he was ready to fight for his life, or he would've if it weren't for the fact that most of them were already fainted by another Pokemon. (The rest of them fled with tails between their legs.)

The Pokemon, known as a Zoroark, interested in Keene's unatural fur color and potential fighting skills, made a deal. Seeing how Eden was gravely injured, he would help tend Eden's wounds and Keene would work for him for a couple years to pay him back. Desperate, Keene agrees. The satisfied Zoroark reaches into his pouch and hands him a reviver seed to give to Eden.

Once sure he was okay, he picked him up in a piggyback, but the Zoroark tells him to drop him off somewhere instead, saying that he would only serve as a distraction. With a shocked expression, he turns to glance at a sleeping Eden and nodded dejectedly, he made a deal afterall.

He dropped him in front off a house full of nature and flora. Looking once more at Eden, he made a silent promise to come find him when his debt was paid, and with that, he left into the shadows.

Also, a heads up!
So, fair warning- I think I love this poor child, and Coin will, to Keene's misfortune, absolutely do the same.

I went through most stages of grief when I realized you might not join in after all, and I'm so happy that you're here now! The love you put in your characters positively sparkles, and I can't wait to write with you.

P.S: You're fully allowed to skip on Everdrake, drawing horses is everyone's nightmare. (...Not a pun-). Your work is amazing, I hope you're going to do them for fun tho, no pressure! :3

So, fair warning- I think I love this poor child, and Coin will, to Keene's misfortune, absolutely do the same.

I went through most stages of grief when I realized you might not join in after all, and I'm so happy that you're here now! The love you put in your characters positively sparkles, and I can't wait to write with you.

P.S: You're fully allowed to skip on Everdrake, drawing horses is everyone's nightmare. (...Not a pun-). Your work is amazing, I hope you're going to do them for fun tho, no pressure! :3
AAaaAaa
The amount of good vibes this comment gives makes me want to get a heart attack in more ways than one hshhsshshh

Ah
... I will pray for Keene's sanity.

Also, I've drawn horses before (specifically, ponies). Sooo, I'm up for the challenge.
And yeeeah, I'm doing the drawings for fun so no worries!

Woo hoooo!! Yeaaah!!
Bios are doone!!

View attachment 945518

Also, a heads up!
You're good to go, just throw them in.

I finished EoS not too long ago, and desperately Waiting for a new Mystery Dungeon sooooooooo

Name: Kris

Pokémon: Buneary

Height/Weight (No more/less than 20% of average for the species. No 70 foot tall Snom): 1' 6"(12.5 lbs)

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Personality: To put it short: A Shonen Protagonist. To elaborate, biggest heart you've ever seen, an endless amount of energy, an overflowing beacon of love and support that loves doing things for people. Of course, he's loud, more than a tad annoying, endlessly plucky, empty headed and wayy too trusting.

Attire (Hat, Kerchief, etc.): Usually wears a dark blue flower under his always closed ear.

Appearance: Just a Buneary...not sire what to say...though he does have more than a few scars (not from lots of dangerous battles. Just really accident prone)

Moveset (Within Level Range, 1 Egg Move allowed): Quick Attack, Baby-Doll-Eyes, Double Hit, Foresight

Ability: Klutz

Starting Level (No higher than 15 to start): 12

Backstory (If any): (Gonna go into more detail on this in Malaki's backstory since they share the same)

Name: Malaki

Pokémon: Yamper

Height/Weight (No more/less than 20% of average for the species. No 70 foot tall Snom): 1' 1" (30 lbs)

Alignment: Lawful Good

Personality: A worrywart. Due to a traumatic incident that happened about 11 years ago, Malaki and Kris have been alone for years. Kris's..."rambunctious" nature has lead the older of the two best friends to be the responsible one. Constantly grtting headaches from Kris's antics, Malaki can be a tad bossy. Malaki also has a tendency to put everything on himself and also has the tendency to never ask for help even when he really needs to.

Attire (Hat, Kerchief, etc.): Wears a bandnna over his eyes due to him being blind. (Will go over this a bit more in the Backstory)

Appearance: Normal yamper, but on the skinnier side.

Moveset (Within Level Range, 1 Egg Move allowed): Tackle, Nuzzle, Flame Charge, Bite

Ability: Rattled

Starting Level (No higher than 15 to start): 15

Backstory (If any):

Malaki and Kris were friends since almost birth. Their parents were friends in childhood meaning they naturally were fast friends too. Of course things could not go well for too long as the village they were at was attacked due to an important member from an evil guild being arrested at the town. The town was attacked and then burned to the ground. There weren't that many casualties, but Malaki and Kris aren't necessarily considered lucky by any means. Kris and Malaki then grew up together on the road for the most part, Kris learning to be Malaki's eyes and Malaki training his ears and nose to be able to sort of see without his eyes. Their usual way to make money was to seach in mystery dungeons for treasure and then sell them, but after an altercation where Malaki's music box (the last thing that he has as a memento from his parents) and a guild member getting it back for them, they decided to workntogether and beome members of their own guild to help people too.

I finished EoS not too long ago, and desperately Waiting for a new Mystery Dungeon sooooooooo

Name: Kris

Pokémon: Buneary

Height/Weight (No more/less than 20% of average for the species. No 70 foot tall Snom): 1' 6"(12.5 lbs)

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Personality: To put it short: A Shonen Protagonist. To elaborate, biggest heart you've ever seen, an endless amount of energy, an overflowing beacon of love and support that loves doing things for people. Of course, he's loud, more than a tad annoying, endlessly plucky, empty headed and wayy too trusting.

Attire (Hat, Kerchief, etc.): Usually wears a dark blue flower under his always closed ear.

Appearance: Just a Buneary...not sire what to say...though he does have more than a few scars (not from lots of dangerous battles. Just really accident prone)

Moveset (Within Level Range, 1 Egg Move allowed): Quick Attack, Baby-Doll-Eyes, Double Hit, Foresight

Ability: Klutz

Starting Level (No higher than 15 to start): 12

Backstory (If any): (Gonna go into more detail on this in Malaki's backstory since they share the same)

Name: Malaki

Pokémon: Yamper

Height/Weight (No more/less than 20% of average for the species. No 70 foot tall Snom): 1' 1" (30 lbs)

Personality: A worrywart. Due to a traumatic incident that happened about 11 years ago, Malaki and Kris have been alone for years. Kris's..."rambunctious" nature has lead the older of the two best friends to be the responsible one. Constantly grtting headaches from Kris's antics, Malaki can be a tad bossy. Malaki also has a tendency to put everything on himself and also has the tendency to never ask for help even when he really needs to.

Attire (Hat, Kerchief, etc.): Wears a bandnna over his eyes due to him being blind. (Will go over this a bit more in the Backstory)

Appearance: Normal yamper, but on the skinnier side.

Moveset (Within Level Range, 1 Egg Move allowed): Tackle, Nuzzle, Flame Charge, Bite

Ability: Rattled

Starting Level (No higher than 15 to start): 15

Backstory (If any):

Malaki and Kris were friends since almost birth. Their parents were friends in childhood meaning they naturally were fast friends too. Of course things could not go well for too long as the village they were at was attacked due to an important member from an evil guild being arrested at the town. The town was attacked and then burned to the ground. There weren't that many casualties, but Malaki and Kris aren't necessarily considered lucky by any means. Kris and Malaki then grew up together on the road for the most part, Kris learning to be Malaki's eyes and Malaki training his ears and nose to be able to sort of see without his eyes. Their usual way to make money was to seach in mystery dungeons for treasure and then sell them, but after an altercation where Malaki's music box (the last thing that he has as a memento from his parents) and a guild member getting it back for them, they decided to workntogether and beome members of their own guild to help people too.
@Crystal1302 Both accepted
@fluffy0x0bunny yeah, come on in
Sorry for the delay, got a new job, started DMing a DnD campaign, and preparing to get into comp for Splatoon 3

Ok then!

Name: KiKi
Pokémon: Mienfoo
Height/Weight: 2′9″, 39.8 lbs

Personality: KiKi is very stern, as she is very bossy when in danger, as well as warm and kind when not in a bad mood. She needs personal space when gets reminded of her past life, as well as the flexibility to flee when is in danger beyond her power.
Attire: She likes to wear Deerstalker hats, mostly black ones.
Appearance: She has elegantly long whiskers, as well as a scar on her left ear.

Moveset: Knock Off, Reversal, Fake Out, Detect
Ability: Inner Focus
Starting Level: 13

Backstory: Born into a family of five, KiKi was often overlooked. When her family got too poor to take care of all of the kids, KiKi was the one who got kicked out of the household with a 'take care' pack. One time while she was walking around, a Pikipek tugged at her ear. KiKi took it as a joke, but the tugging got harder and more painful, almost to the extreme of ripping her ear off. After that, she DESPISED those EVIL BIRDS.

Name: Polka
Pokémon: Spinda
Height/Weight: 3′05″, 11.0 lbs
Alignment: True Neutral

Personality: Polka is carefree, as sometimes a leaf might land on his head and he wouldn't care. He faceplants, and he faceplants A LOT. To be honest, there has not ever been a day where Polka hasn't faceplanted in his life.
Attire: He typically wears a field hat on his right ear.
Appearance: Has a heart-shaped spot on his right eye.
Moveset: Tackle, Copycat, Teeter Dance, Rapid Spin
Ability: Tangled Feet
Starting Level: 11

Backstory: No one knows his parents, but they think they died soon after Polka was born, resulting in being raised by no one. He didn't really care that much anyway, but when someone brought it up he just walked away with a smile, and that led people to believe he didn't even have any parents.

This took too long, mainly because of the wide variety of hats, and it was half the time thinking of fitting hats. LOL.

Ok then!

Name: KiKi
Pokémon: Mienfoo
Height/Weight: 2′9″, 39.8 lbs

Personality: KiKi is very stern, as she is very bossy when in danger, as well as warm and kind when not in a bad mood. She needs personal space when gets reminded of her past life, as well as the flexibility to flee when is in danger beyond her power.
Attire: She likes to wear Deerstalker hats, mostly black ones.
Appearance: She has elegantly long whiskers, as well as a scar on her left ear.

Moveset: Knock Off, Reversal, Fake Out, Detect
Ability: Inner Focus
Starting Level: 13

Backstory: Born into a family of five, KiKi was often overlooked. When her family got too poor to take care of all of the kids, KiKi was the one who got kicked out of the household with a 'take care' pack. One time while she was walking around, a Pikipek tugged at her ear. KiKi took it as a joke, but the tugging got harder and more painful, almost to the extreme of ripping her ear off. After that, she DESPISED those EVIL BIRDS.

Name: Polka
Pokémon: Spinda
Height/Weight: 3′05″, 11.0 lbs
Alignment: True Neutral

Personality: Polka is carefree, as sometimes a leaf might land on his head and he wouldn't care. He faceplants, and he faceplants A LOT. To be honest, there has not ever been a day where Polka hasn't faceplanted in his life.
Attire: He typically wears a field hat on his right ear.
Appearance: Has a heart-shaped spot on his right eye.
Moveset: Tackle, Copycat, Teeter Dance, Rapid Spin
Ability: Tangled Feet
Starting Level: 11

Backstory: No one knows his parents, but they think they died soon after Polka was born, resulting in being raised by no one. He didn't really care that much anyway, but when someone brought it up he just walked away with a smile, and that led people to believe he didn't even have any parents.

This took too long, mainly because of the wide variety of hats, and it was half the time thinking of fitting hats. LOL.
All good... feel free to get going @fluffy0x0bunny