• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Esther
Monday, July 18 – Olivine Café, Olivine City, Johto Region​

While Esther awaited a response from the guy that totallyhadn’tconsentedtoanythingbutactuallyprobablylegallyhadviaanimplicitcontractsincehevoluntarilyselfassignedhimselftotheirgroupwithoutbeingasked, her Pokétch rung, signifying a call. The call ID identified Reina, and Esther picked up tentatively, “Yellow?”

Pokéball x2

Initial: $6830

Everstone x 1 – $15,000.00

12:17 PM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

Dustin blinked once and it seemed like so many things had happened. The Cubchoo that Astra had been getting to know was now gone with its trainer. Reina and her daughter had gone into the Surf shop after suggesting a battle royale. Savannah was basically afk. Esther finally responded to a comment he said like it was an after thought. The last remaining constant was Desmond’s Pokémon, still putting up a show for his entertained Combusken. After Esther’s announcement, it sounded like Desmond himself was confused about how he had gotten himself involved with this group after being there for only like a minute. Dustin himself was only here because Esther had suggested they battle in the first place and now came along because it sounded like fun.

“What Poké-Ride do they even have here?”

The question was asked to no one in particular. He didn’t know exactly what Esther was planning, but she seemed to know what she was doing. In that case, Dustin had nothing to worry about and called Indigo and Astra over so they could go inside the shop together. Indigo waved goodbye to the two performers and made some chirps to let them know they’d probably see each other soon. When Dusting walked inside, the first thing he saw was Reina and her daughter talking to a blonde employee. He heard something about numbers and saw some boxes as Reina called Esther. As they spoke, Dustin interacted with the employee.

“Yo, what you exchanging numbers for? Do we need to in order to buy stuff here?”

July 18, Monday - Olivine City, Johto. Reina, current rank, 35,589.

"Welcome to Surfin 4 live man." The Owen Wilson look-a-like smiled and gave Dustin a quick nod. "Oh I was just offering my number to this nice lady here in case she needed help. But you can just shop in the store, let me know if you need help with anything, I can help you after her."

Reina's eyes met Dustin and she quickly hanged up. "Oh you're Esther's friend, Dusting, I'm trying to choose a raft for all of us. My Swampert can pull anything and more, but I don't want one too big since we have to carry it around later on and I don't want one too small, or we won't fit inside. Do you mind helping me choose one?"

"Oh whoa, I'm the professional here, I'm sure I can help you choose no problem." The blonde gave Dustin a sharp look. "Right man?"

Olivine City, Johto (July 18th)
"Friend is a strong word. I am familiar with her, we met at the National Park for the Bug Catching competition." Desmond clarified as the girl seemed to explain their deal; they planned to go to Cianwood and possibly planned to stop by the Whirl Islands. Alright, that seemed to be reasonable enough and in truth Desmond had desired to explore the Whirl Islands so, this offered a unique chance even if he was not the best in such social situations.

"Funny I tried to get on a ferry to head by the Whirl Islands, but they seemed to be delayed a couple days. Suppose if you did plan to stop off there, I'd be interested in coming along...if you had the space." Desmond mused with a rub of the back of his neck, as he had been aware of the number of people who seemed to be in this girl's group.

"Name is Desmond...Desmond Andrews, I am a Pokemon Photographer. Desire to travel the globe and make a catalogue of the wonders around me." Desmond declared simply enough, his hand traced along a locket around his neck as he said that, an unconscious reflex much as anything.

Course, then she got a phone call, as now he had to wait on that for a response as his Pokemon performed, though both would soon wave off the Combusken as they headed inside the shop to group back up with Desmond.

12:19 PM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

“Um, yeah, why not? Your Swampert must be pretty strong if it can carry all of us too.”

Dustin responded by accepting the unexpected proposal from the mother. It seemed like Reina thought he was friends with Esther. The blonde didn’t really know how to clear that up, so he just accepted they were all friends now. Apparently, they were looking for a raft that could fit all the people in the growing group they had. Dustin didn’t mind helping, but so did the all too generous employee. The teenager would take him up on that offer after briefly glancing at the little girl beside Reina.

“Oh, of course. Can you go choose some protective gear for us? We have a large group, so it will be good to use protection. Just in case, you know? Or do the rafts come with that?”

"Good thinking dude, follow me." The shop worker led the group towards another section of the store which included life vest, floaties and all kinds of things you could use to avoid getting hurt or drowning in the ocean, even Dive Balls and oxygen masks, very popular for diver. "Now, why don't we take a look at those drafts while they choose their gear huh?"

The man lead Reina away towards the shelf with the boxes containing different rafts. "I guarantee these will all work, but you can take my number in case you have an issue with any of them. If you have time, we could head to the beach and I could show you how to set them up."

Reina placed her chin between her index finger and thumb, looking at the different options that were available. "Well, which would you recommend for about ten people?"

The blonde surfer leaned against the shelf, placing his hands behind his head to show off his muscular arms. "Well the ones at the top are big enough for ten or more people, depends what kind of design you're looking for."

12:20 PM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

“Thanks.”

Dustin responded kindly when the employee led them over to the section with life vests and stuff. At first, he thought the guy was going to help him pick out the best items, like he said he would. Indigo even gave him a curious look while Astra seemed to be amused by something as it watched the man lead Reina away. Personally, Dustin was considering to buy some dive balls just in case he found a cool water type Pokémon to catch. However, Dustin would follow after Reina for now, since he did agree to help her pick out a raft. Indigo and Astra seemed to be chirping about something until Dustin caught up with the employee and Reina. It seemed like he was telling about the rafts and the design, so Dustin injected himself into the discussion in order to learn more.

“Thought you were gonna choose some stuff back there. What type of designs you got here, though?”

Esther

As quickly as she’d picked up, Reina had also hung up, leaving Esther a bit stunned...how rude! Regardless, her attention shifted as Desmond introduced himself. He seemed to be a rather reserved fellow, shying away from the term ‘friend’ as he explained himself.

A Photographer...? That was...intriguing. While in Kalos Esther had concocted a few ideas that required a photographer whose more professional touch would maximize success. To meet one now smelled of opportunity.

“Well, then Desmond. Glad to have you along, I’m Esther,” she offered a handshake before looking to the Olivine harbor. ”The Ferry only runs three times a week and the next one is on Wednesday.

“We don’t have much reason to loiter around the city so we’re setting off on our own; it’s more fun to chart our own path, don’t you think?” The twinkle of humor in her eyes suggested she was quite fond of ‘off-roading’.

“Anyways, you should check the store, buy anything you might need—swimwear, a life vest—we’ll be traveling by raft so...”, frankly, her advice ended there, she had never tried to raft across the ocean before so she couldn’t make good suggestions.

She shrugged, a sign that she’d go no further on that topic.

“I’ve got a bit of shopping to do myself, so I’ll be headed in. Remember, you only have thirty minutes!”

With that reminder, she waved Desmond adieu and shuffled into the Surf Store. She considered looking at rafts, but as he recalled, Reina seemed to be on top of things there. So, with what appeared to be some free time on her hands, Esther gaily navigated to the seal section of the store and began browsing.

It didn’t take long for the Oblivian to make a purchase of: one silver-grey seal-case, a pack of a dozen ball capsules, and an assortment of seals—a set of musical note seals, a set of flame seals, a set of flora seals, a set of foamy seals, a set of smoke seals, a set of leaf seals, a set of electric seals, a set of party seals, a set of star seals, a set of ribbon seals, a set of sinister seals, a set of ethereal seals, a set of cold seals, a set of cool seals, a set of beauty seals, a set of cute seals, a set of tough seals, a set of clever seals, a set of sky seals, a set of stone seals, and finally, a set of heart seals. Altogether she had around 75 different types of seals, and that was only a rough estimate; never mind that she only had seven pokémon, they were just too pretty to pass up!

Esther walked away beaming, she was about $500 poorer, but had gained so much more in wealth. Stuffing her gains into her backpack, she considered checking in on Reina but...nah, she was probably fine, and besides, Esther was now super busy—she had some new seals to play with!

She skipped toward the back exit of the store and found a nearby alleyway on the other side of the street. She wasted no time in slipping her pokéballs into ball capsules, and having already decided which seals would go with which pokémon, she began to apply them, whistling a cheery tune as she did—

“I’ve got a lovely bunch of pokéballs~♩ do~♪ do~♪ do~♪ do~♪

“Here there are all sitting in a bunch~♩ do~♩ do~♩ do~♩

“Fire and foam, ribbons and loam~♩

“That’s how the show must go—"

- - - - - - - -

When Esther returned to the store she was still beaming from ear-to-ear, albeit her happiness was quite at odds with her new hair-do and make-up: multi-colored residue stained her cheeks, right at home next to the confetti and sparkles that now decorated her face and dress, it gave her face a rainbow aesthetic which paired quite horribly with all-at-once burnt-damp-crumpled-and-muddy ribbons that hung from her electric-frazzled hair, which itself seemed to have gained a number of other accessories that included three feathers, two triangles, a hexagon, and an empty tin of baked beans that—oddly enough—seemed not to be attached to anything.

The Oblivian spit out wet and crumbled rose and—“WowoWOW!”

Money well-spent. Though, she’d better find Reina now.

Pokéball x2

Initial: $6830

- $500, Seals & other related paraphernalia

As Desmond listened to this girl, Esther, seemed to end her call suddenly or have it ended on her she introduced herself and offered a hand to Desmond. As Desmond shook it, he had quickly gotten a first impression of Esther in that she seemed to be someone who always had an idea in mind and seemed to not waste a moment getting what she desired. That gleam in her eye, he had not been sure why but something about it had nerved Desmond to a degree.

Not that he showed this or even had understood why.

"Suppose so. If there is a good plan, not exactly like one can count on everyone having raft experience." Desmond chuckled, as he least hoped this group had people experienced at sea. His two Pokemon had arrived by his side inside the store just as Esther passed her advice to get some swim wear and prepare to sail as they wanted to go in an half hour. And with that she seemed to race off no doubt to bye up whatever she'd "need" for such a trip.

"Always the energetic ones..." Desmond mused with a sigh, he returned his Pokemon as he focused on getting a pair of swim trunks. He always adopted a minimalist approach to things when it came to packing as with his camera and hiking gear he already asked a lot on his bag. Course, he'd need to see if he could find a collapsible tent or something after he...well, let's just say "lost" the last one.

The blonde man seemed a little bothered by Dustin bursting into the conversation, but he quickly went back to his smile. "Well, we have some party ones, some more sporty and some based on Pokemon." He pointed to the top shelf. "These can easily fit 10 people."

Reina squinted her eyes as she looked at all the boxes with different names and labels. Her eyes lit up once she set them on one of the center ones. She pointed up to it, "That one!", She said quickly.

"Ah, the Lapras, a classic. It's just the neck and head of a Lapras, the rest is a big space with several seats and a central area for food, speakers and other things. What about you dude?" He asked Dustin, "I think a Luvdisc fits you, we also got a Corsola."

Reina gave Dustin a confused look, trying to figure out why the man recommended pink Pokemon for Dusting. "Oh do you like pink Pokemon? I was thinking of getting a sporty one, but I don't mind getting you a pink one."

The surfer laughed. "I'm kidding bro, I bust out jokes when I'm feeling like a Wailord and there's a Skitty in sight, know what I mean? Anyways, let's look at the gear over with the little girl."

Reina nodded and followed after the store's employee, walking next to Dustin and tapping him on the shoulder. "I don't understand some of the things he says, can you pick out the stuff? I'll pay for me and Gene."

Esther

It didn’t take long for Esther to spot the trio of Reina, Dustin, and Genevieve as they followed a shirtless guy through the store’s halls. She quickly fell in lockstep behind them, “Did you guys buy the raft already?”

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Initial: $6330

18th July, Johto, Olivine City

Beach.. They finally were here, after setting few bags filled with food for humans and pokemon. Shiro went to change while Gehenna, Goatie and Glacier were protecting said bags.

A Little attire change. Shiro had an unzipped blue jacket over his shoulders which showed that he was of a rather athletic build, something his usually white hoodie is hiding really well. He also had a swimming trunks that Glacier got for him, which were white with a small, Icy blue snowflake's patterns on it.

As he was seemingly first to arrive he decided to give Esther a call and tell her that he has food secured for them for the travel till they reach the other city. She was the only person he shared a contact with as he asked for it in their way from Unova to Johto. He simply hoped that she can also contact others So know they dont have to buy food. However, they still can if they want.

And So, he sended to her a message with his pokenav that explained about it, also inform ing of him being at the beach already (tho a Little earlier. It wont hurt to let them know still.) after that he called out to a team.

"Alright guys! Lets train and prepare before others arrive!"

12:21 PM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

Dustin followed the eyes of the employee and Reina as they first looked at the box with the Lapras raft. That one seemed like the best choice so far. It was just like calling for a Poké-ride, except a bigger Lapras. However, Dustin’s eyes narrowed when the employee mentioned that Luvdisc or Corsola would fit him. Even Reina seemed confused, as she asked Dustin if he preferred pink. It was only after the guy mentioned Skitty did Dustin finally get an idea on what this guy was up too and chuckled a bit. It was a good old saying known in Hoenn and he responded to the employee after Reina said he could pick one out.

“Yeah, I’m from Hoenn, I get it bro. I like Skitty too, but I don’t think pink would look good on a raft. The Lapras one sounds the best unless you packing like a Kyogre somewhere to ride on.”

His eyes wandered as he tried to see if there were any signs of a a raft that looked legendary Pokémon. That would be so cool to be seen on. Obviously, it wouldn’t move on the water like a Kyogre, but one could imagine. Before he could daydream about his childhood fantasy of meeting the legendary Pokémon of Hoenn, he heard Esther come up from behind. At first, Dustin didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary and began to softly whisper what was actually happening to Esther.

“Not yet, but I think this guy is trying to hit on- wait, what happened to you?”

It was only when Dustin actually got a full look at the make up on her face that he actually noticed the change. Did she just go get wasted in the past five minutes? Her fried hair was a mess along with the dozens of accessories all over it. Strangely enough, she seemed quite happy about her make up too.

Esther

“Like it?” Esther’s smile widened and she struck a pose.

She hadn’t expected to see Dustin here, but the surprise was not unpleasant. If he was helping Reina then she was free to go elsewhere; she was sure that between the two of them, they’d be able to manage things and her time would be better spent checking on the other members of their group.

Speaking of other members her Pokétch buzzed, and Esther flipped her wrist so she could read Shiro’s message. Looks like he was already at the beach. Quiet as he was, he worked fast. Esther quickly sent a message back, asking Shiro to secure good spots for the rest of the group to settle down.

She returned her attention to the things at hand; Shiro was already done, and Reina, Dustin, and Genevieve seemed to be fairing well. That was half the group, so she should probably check on Colored, Desmond, and the half-naked girl...or was the half-naked girl even part of their group? Eh, guess she’d find out.

Her plans were set, so all that was left was... “Need anything before I bounce?”

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

"What does it mean?" Reina asked, now curious about the inside joke Dustin and Owen Wilson had going on.

"Legendary? My man, we are near the whirl islands, I've got the perfect raft for your." The surfer winked at Dustin and climbed a small step ladder to reach the top boxes.

Meanwhile, Reina noticed Esther. "Whoa! Is this a new fashion from here? I like it, reminds me of Dia de los Muertos or how people look after New Year's Eve." She took a quick picture, well her phone did. "I have to show my mom, she likes colors. Oh you're going to bounce? Is that like for training or is it part of some Johto joke? Like the Skitty."

"Here ya go my dude!" The shop employee climbed down with a box under his arm. "Behold, the guardian of the sea, best draft around, Luiga. Just the neck and head though, as accurate as possible, hard to get a clear image of what they really look like right? But it's close enough. We also have the dark version, I don't know why though. 600, but for you, who's traveling with the best group in the world-" He gave Reina and Esther a quick look and then back to Dustin, "550.

Desmond managed to find a couple pairs of swim trunks and made a purchase of them, he wasn't loaded on cash but had done enough to provide payment for this as he loaded them into his bag.

With that matter settled, all he really needed was a tent of sorts. Or least something he'd be able to lay in at night, perhaps a sleeping bag was for the best but he doubted he'd find either of those things here, so he decided to ask about and there seemed to be one large group made up of Reina, Esther and Dustin some names he had been greeted towards.

"Sooo, do you happen to know if there is a nearby shop I can quickly get a sleeping bag or a fold up tent...or something." Desmond asked, naturally he felt somewhat awkward just sliding into this conversation but it was what he needed and well his clock was ticking if Ether had at all been serious about her 30 minute warning.

Esther

“I hear it's popular with Coordinators in Hoenn and Sinnoh,” Esther winked and stuck out her tongue as she responded to Reina.

“Skitty?” she made a face at that, and her lips curled in distaste. She didn’t mind the joke itself but that wasn’t a good joke to run around Genevieve. A quick glance at the younger girl revealed she didn’t look too scandalized, and so Esther leaned over and whispered a short explanation in Reina’s ear. Hopefully, Reina would be able to maintain the girl’s innocence.

“Oh! I’ll send you Shiro’s number, he’s already at the beach looking for a spot. I’m gonna check on the others, and make sure everything’s in order. I’ll catch you in a bit—” Esther was already walking away as she said her farewells, giving a short wave before she turned the corner to disappear between the shelves.

Before she could, however, she bumped into Desmond and almost fell on her butt; he who was looking for...a sleeping bag? A fold-up tent?

“Peh,” she spat, dramatizing her disgust. “Forget about sleeping bags and tents, they’re lumpy and uncomfy! Get a quilt and hammock, you’ll never sleep better—trust!”

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

July 18th,Johto, Olivine City, Beach
Shiro gave a thumbs up emoji in a reply, to co firm that he will do Just that and then walked through the beach to find a big enough spot for big group of people.

His mind returned to a fact that he didnt know any of them well yet or at all and he only could help to change it. Though he is a bit of an ambivert person. He is more of quiet introvert when he doesnt know someone well and sometimes acting like Extravert when it was a Group of people he knew. At least thats what his adoptive father told him from what he observed.

Damn.. He missed him now. Being as charismatic and strong as he was, Shiro would bet that his dad clearly would attract people and keep them interested in conversation. Trait that the Young boy clearly have lacked.

As he was going through those thoughts a Loud "Skiddd" bringed his mind back to present and he saw an enormous part of a beach not taken, as it was right in the Middle of the way between one entrence to a beach and the other. It seemed that most people didnt have to nor wanted to go this far. Due to all this and the fact that a light breeze and shining waves quickly erased his worries made Shiro think that it was a perfect spot.
Time to prepare it a bit, meanwhile as he made sure to claim this place. His pokemons began training, following instructions that he gave them earlier.

12:22 PM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

“Well, it’s unique.”

That was his response to Esther when she asked him if he liked it. Maybe that was just one of her styles. He wouldn’t fashion shame her and smiled instead. Meanwhile, the employee actually had something good to recommend them. After hearing about Kyogre, he went and found them a Lugia raft. Apparently they also had the fan coloring of Lugia too.

“Isn’t Shadow Lugia a meme? This is awesome, though! We get to ride on a Lugia raft! And at a discount too. You’re the man! What do y’all think?”

Dustin excitedly turned to Reina and Esther to ask for their opinions. Instead, Esther had magically transformed into Desmond. The teenage blonde looked a bit stunned at the transformation, but realized the girl was walking somewhere else. Either way, the employee had given them a discount too, so this was probably the best deal they were going to get. It was still a bit pricey, but Dustin could help pay for it too if Reina liked.

July 18, Olivine City, Jotho
Savannah

While everyone else browsed the store with their goals in mind, Savannah has been aimlessly staring at a rack of surf boards with many different designs painted on them. She had no clue what she was meant to do so instead she decided to stare at the most interesting thing she could find. "Wow, these things sure are long and colorful, I wonder what they're used for." She said to herself.

Not long after, Savannah caught something enter the store with the corner of her eye, something extremely colorful and decorated. Turning her head around, the girl witnessed the girl called Esther enter the establishment and begin conversing with Reina and Dustin who were in the process of choosing a raft. Her curiosity piqued, Savannah strolled towards Esther. Once she stood next to the glittery girl, Savannah took a few second to simply stare at her, rather intensely too. "Hey you look different, is this what is called a haircut?" She asked innocently.

Last edited:

Reina's jaw dropped as Esther explained the inside joke. Once that was over with, she gently nodded and glared at the blonde salesman. "We'll take both." She said quietly, "Also, the vests and things we gathered."

"All right, right on!" The surfer began moving the boxes with the rafts and started scanning them. "Looks like y'all are going to have fun. Am I right?" He offered Dustin a fist bump. "Alright, y'all paying together?"

"Just charge it to my phone." Reina replied, her Rotom phone popping up and getting scanned. "Thank you."

"Anytime, just let me know, left my number on your phone just in case." He nodded towards Dustin. "Have fun, Wailord."

Reina, who was already turning to leave, stopped and sighed loudly. She turned around and face the surfer, her green eyes ignited. "Mira hijo de la chingada, you're not a Wailord, you're a Weedle and I might be exaggerating." She clenched her fist, raised it and then growled as she tucked it away. "Pendejo."

Reina grabbed Gene's hand and walked out of the store, Diva walking quickly behind her trainer, a little scared to make a noise at the time. meanwhile the blonde surfer looked astonished and gave one last look at Dustin. "Seriously good luck though."

Esther

That...was certainly a strange question. Did she not know what a haircut was? Well, looking at her long, shaggy hair maybe she really didn’t.

“No,” Esther corrected, “this is a hairdo! Where did you say you came from again?”

As she awaited an answer, she eyed up Reina as the latter ignited; Esther didn’t know what she was saying, but her intuition told her it was good! Hooking her fingers in her cheeks, she encouraged with a few loud whistles. “Give ‘em hell!”

Soon thereafter Reina dragged Genevieve away, and Esther mentally ticked them off her list. She pulled out her Pokétch and texted Shiro’s number to Reina, she hoped he’d managed to find a good spot. Thinking twice, she also decided to remind him to find somewhere large enough and spacious enough for the battle royal they have suggested.

Now, aside from Colored, all the people she had intended to look for had gathered. It was high time they wrapped up their shopping, so Esther turned to Savannah, “Have you finished shopping yet? Do you need any help? You’re gonna need at least a jacket if you wanna walk around like that.”

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

12:22 PM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

It seemed Reina had caught to what the employees was really trying to do. After buying the rafts with her own money, the employee mentioned Wailord again, which to an outburst from Reina. It was from a different language, so Dustin didn’t really understand most of it. He just knew it probably wasn’t anything nice from the way it sounded, especially when she called him a Weedle. That was a harsh one. Better than a Caterpie at least. Or was it?

“Aight, thanks bro. Good luck too.”

Dustin returned the genuine farewell to the shocked employee. He probably didn’t Reina to go off on him either, but he should know you win some and you lose some. In this case, he failed epically. He looked over to see that Esther, who had just finished whistling like was some fight going on, was now conversing with Savannah, probably trying to help her pick out some clothes too. Personally, Dustin was pretty much set for survival on his own for a few days. His Devon 3.0 Freedom Limited Edition backpack allowed him to store many items due to its highly advanced dimensional technology. It was worth quite a bit, much more than he could afford. but it was something his Uncle had gifted him back when he first started his journey back in Hoenn. Since he was well stocked already, Dustin just picked up a life jacket and found some nice aviators before linking back up with Savannah and Esther.

“What do you girls think about these shades? And find any clothes yet?”

Last edited:

Qinalla
(10 Years Prior) June 21st, Pallet Town, Kanto

“WowoWOW, that was a great battle!” Officer Jenny’s arrival on-scene signified the end of the battle as the no-good, terrible, badmen surrendered themselves into police custody. Qinalla had been privy to the ongoing chase and battle since her position at Pallet’s central garden she had a clear view through most of the town.

She had been prepared to step in if things got more dangerous or if it looked like they might make an oopsie! and burn down the town, but thankfully no oopsies were made and no housing went up in smoke. Instead, the two boys, who looked a bit younger than herself, had managed to subdue the villains and for that, Qin felt they deserved some congratulations!

“A round of applause for Pallet’s Heroes!” She was a one-person thunderous applause, skipping towards the duo and scattering freshly picked flower petals, their personal flower girl for but a moment.

Waltzing up she aggressively grabbed and shook the red-haired boy’s hand, her expression suddenly serious. “Hi, I’m a reporter for Goldenrod News, would you mind giving an interview? You will? Great!” Without waiting she whipped around, to look left. “Roll the cameras Nutia!”

Her attention returned to Rob instantly, as she beamed. “Now, is there anything you’d like to say to the waiting people of Pallet town after your brave heroics?” She thrust a small microphone towards him and then stepped back to gesture to Pallet at large, where a small crowd had gathered seemingly awaiting a speech from the young boy.

Nakano Saito​

10 Years Ago (16 years old); Pallet Town, Kanto; June 21
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Eevee

The standoff tensed all of Naka's muscles as she cradled the papers in her arms, taking a few steps back. Not out of fear, but with the intention of getting away and return the papers. The Porygon's body glowed a vibrant red once, its eyes piercing through her two Pokemon and calculating which to raise between physical and special attack. Naka figured the Porygon would have Download or Analytic, but as the Porygon's body looked to get marginally stronger physically, she realized just how poor her physical defenses were on her two Pokemon. The lack of Fluffy shuddering also told her none of the Pokemon in front of her knew any Fighting-Type moves, if they could in the first place. She doubted they knew a Ground-Type move either, but that didn't matter. The man she paralyzed earlier pointed at her. "Not so fast! Porygon, Thunder Wave!"

The other man sneered. "Koffing, Smog. Keep them trapped."

The Porygon's body sparked with weak electricity before it shot out the current at Naka. However, the lightning redirected, heading to the Pichu instead. The little mouse absorbed the electricity, her cheeks growing in size and her body pulsing with a vibrant blue light. The smog encircled Naka and her opponents, trapping them effectively with a thick cloud of poisonous smoke. Naka was about to return her Pokemon and jump through the smoke herself, but she realized that she'd be open to attacks. Even with just her Pichu out, the Koffing's attacks were likely not electrical in nature. She tensed and narrowed her eyes. She needed to fight this and win.

"Fluffy, Chu, Quick Attack-Electric Terrain!" Chu's cheeks shone a bright white before she slammed her paws on the ground, covering the entire battlefield with her latent electricity. The electricity tickled the bodies of those within, lightly jolting them to keep them awake if they were to sleep. All except for the Koffing, who simply floated just a touch higher to avoid the terrain's effects. At least it confirmed that the Koffing had Levitate. Fluffy stood in front of Chu, the tips of his fur glowing white as his legs were bent and tensed.

"Koffing, Clear Smog on the rodent!"

"Porygon, Aerial Ace on the mutt! No Electric-Type moves, we can't afford to power up her Pokemon!"

With understanding noises from the opposing Pokemon, the Porygon's legs jerked and rotated back and forth before its body became cloaked in sky blue energy. It sped towards the Eevee, whilst the Koffing expelled a translucent fog towards the Pichu. Unable to block the Clear Smog, Eevee shot out towards the Porygon, hitting it head-on. The attacks connected, the aura from their attacks connecting and causing a mini explosion from the impact to blow them away. Fluffy was visibly panting and he felt a bruise form on his head and shoulder, while the Porygon simply recovered its orientation after being blown back. The Pichu tried dodging out of the way of the Clear Smog, but the smog was faster than she was able to react and she was hit by the surprisingly potent attack. It stung her skin, her body tensing from the almost astringent-like effect it dealt. Her body glowed a dim blue as her cheeks discharged the electricity she stored from the Porygon's Thunder Wave harmlessly.

"Chu, Helping Hand! Fluffy, Return!" Chu hopped on Fluffy's back, her body glowing a slight orange before it coursed through the Eevee's body. Powered by the Pichu that nestled within his fur, his body pulsed with white energy that then turned pink. He charged, the pink energy forming hearts that covered his body. The Return's power output was at its maximum at the moment, his love for his trainer and to protect her empowering the move to its max potential. The Porygon tried moving, but was too slow as the Eevee smashed into it, sending it to the floor and rolling across the electrified ground. However, it floated back up to its original height of a few inches off the ground and readied another move.

"Porygon, Iron Tail!"

"Koffing, Gyro Ball!"

The Porygon's stiff tail shone with metallic energy and hardened to be like that of steel, while the Koffing spun quickly on its axis as it neared the two Pokemon, its body hardening and steely energy trailing off its body from the spin.

"Fluffy, Iron Tail! Chu, Nasty Plot!" The Eevee's own tail stiffened and hardened as it shone like steel while Pichu closed her eyes and held a creepy grin for something her size. The area around her head darkened for a moment before her body pulsed with a vibrant blue twice, the lightning in her cheeks now audible.

Unexpectedly, the Porygon dashed behind the Koffing and slammed the steel ball towards the two. While Chu held on, Fluffy slammed his Iron Tail into the Koffing to send it back to the Porygon. As they each made passes - the air around them filling with the sounds of clanging metal and exasperated noises from the Pokemon - Fluffy's tail ebbed in its shine before he concentrated to continue the attack. Meanwhile, Chu used Nasty Plot once more, her eyes glaring at her opponents with sadistic glee.

"Chu, Charge!" After another round of hitting the Koffing puck, Chu absorbed the lightning from her surroundings, her cheeks becoming puffed out as her body shone with a vibrant green.

"Now, Chu, Thunderbolt! Fluffy, Iron Tail!" As Fluffy smashed into the spinning Koffing one last time, Chu jumped off the Eevee and sent a powerful jolt of electricity towards the Koffing. Chu's cheeks lessened in size as the world around the battlefield dimmed from the bright light and power that surged from the tiny mouse. The Electric Terrain empowered the lightning even further before it fizzled out completely. The Koffing smashed into the Porygon's awaiting tail, but the electricity surged into the Porygon, as well, stopping their attacks altogether as smoke rose from their burning bodies.

The two Pokemon hit the ground and smoke continued to rise from their forms, their trainers growling and gritting their teeth. The two ordered for their Pokemon to get up, to which they obediently did, albeit unsteadily. The man with the Koffing smirked and took a few steps back, hand on his PokeBall. "Koffing. Self-Destruct."

"Porygon, Protect!"

As the Koffing's holes shone with concentrated light and the Porygon covered itself in a green shield, Naka panicked. She hesitated, but Fluffy didn't need to be told twice. The Eevee stood in front of his trainer and tried to send up a protective green forcefield, but the Koffing exploded before the barrier could be safely put up as he spent too much time running back. The explosion shot concussive force towards Naka and her Pokemon, blowing them away with her Pokemon landing into her stomach. The papers flew from her hands as she fell on her back. The explosion also blew away the smog that encircled their battle, but it wasn't like they needed it anymore.

Feeling her entire body ache, she struggled to get up. Cradling her beloved Pokemon in an arm, she pushed herself up with the other and shakily stood. Her entire front felt bruised and nearly broken, as if she were hit by a truck. Some parts of her skin ripped from the Self-Destruct's concussive force and her stomach ached where her Pokemon landed against. She knew her front side and her back would be decorated in all kinds of colorful bruises tonight or tomorrow. She shook her Pokemon, her Eevee and Pichu looking dazed. While Naka returned her Pichu, who laid limp in her arms and didn't move with her breathing shallow, the Eevee slipped out of her arm and landed somewhat roughly on the ground. He shook his head to push away the haze and glared at the duo. Despite the exhaustion and the pain of the Self-Destruct, his love and conviction to protect his trainer kept him standing.

"Heh, persistent little bugger, ain't'cha?" The trainer of the Porygon smirked. "Cute. But perseverance alone won't stop us!" With a taunting glare, the grunt pointed at the Eevee. "Aerial Ace."

"Fluffy, return to the ball, now!" Before Naka could even touch her PokeBall, her Eevee shot forward anyway. First, his human was attacked, insulted, and targeted. Now, his friend and comrade was down. Gritting his teeth, he roared as mightily as an Eevee could and charged. His eyes glowed red and slammed into the Porygon before it could even charge to attack. It was knocked back to his trainer, skidding on the ground and unable to get up.

"Retaliate? Damn it all..." The trainer grumbled, returning his Porygon. The Koffing acted without being told, floating over to the Eevee and breathing a stream of fire.

"No, Fluffy!" Naka yelled and held out her PokeBall, returning her Eevee right as the Flamethrower's flames licked at its skin. He was too exhausted to dodge. But now, her Pokemon were safe in their confines, and the papers were strewn all over the place. She did what she could.

That was when she felt a sudden presence behind her that made her mind ache. She fell on her knees and held her head between her hands, gripping her hair. She looked over her shoulder shakily, a yellow, bipedal Pokemon with a long mustache and two spoons floated inches from the ground. Growling, she went to turn and attack the Alakazam herself, but yelled in pain as the Alakazam held a spoon in her direction. Her mind ached, it swam, and she found herself on the floor. Everything spun. Papers floated.

"Is... Is that..." One of the grunts uttered in awe and surprise before whooping. "Yeaaah! That's how it's done. Koffing, return." The Koffing disappeared within its own contraption and the two grunts ran towards the Alakazam. One of the grunts kicked Naka while she was down before retreating to the Pokemon's side, causing her to grunt in pain as fire coursed through her lungs and the impact of his shoe spidered electrical searing agony through her ribs.

Gritting her teeth and doing her best to set aside the torture, she got on her hands and feet before standing awkwardly. She wobbled before finding the trio, their forms and colors vaguely seen as her vision blurred. Yelling, she charged at the three. If she could get one good punch in, she'd be able buy more time. The Alakazam didn't have good physical defenses in general either. However, she felt her head throb and then squished, and then saw the spoon in Alakazam's hand bent towards her. She flew backwards, skidding across the ground on her back before flipping over on her front and clawing at the ground to keep her from scraping her skin further.

With the papers now safely in one of the grunt's hands, the wind around the trio swirled before a soft light covered them. The trio then vanished, as if none of it ever happened. It Teleported.

Banging her fist on the ground, she growled and tried to stand up, her entire body screaming at her. Her arms, knees, shins, and back were scraped up to high heaven, blood dripped from them and the cuts she sustained from the Self-Destruct, eyes unable to focus, her stomach and ribs felt bruised beyond normal, and her lungs and mind felt like they were on fire while a migraine persisted to drill a hole in the sides of her head. Just get back to the lab. Yes. Back to the lab. Grunting in pain, she shakily got back on her feet and limped, her arms holding her stomach. Ignoring the crowd that formed nearby.

This was going to be a long walk.

-----------------------------------​

As Officer Jenny cuffed and guided the two grunts away from the growing crowd, the air felt thick and Jenny felt a squeezing pain in her skull. Shaking it off, she tried to push on, but found an Alakazam floating in her path. "Get out of the way." She ordered calmly while her Growlithe barked. However, the Alakazam held out its hand, spoon bending towards her. She was sent flying back with her Growlithe as her hands were wrenched away from the grunts' arms, dust picking up from her impact with the ground as they slid back into the crowd. The grunts ran to the Alakazam, giving a triumphant sneer at the crowd and the boys who tried their best to stop them.

The cuffs bent and broke around their wrists as the Alakazam's other spoon bent, the metal looking like cheap plastic as it fell to the ground. They waved at the boys and the reporter girl, one of them taunting the group. "Hope you miss us!" As one of them blew a kiss to the crowd, the wind picked up, a light enveloped the trio, and they disappeared.

Silence filled the air as the crowd watched it all with awe and terror. What was that? Who were they?

Esther

“That’s what I’m trying to find out,” Esther pivoted to face Dustin, responding to his question while taking note of the aviator glasses in his hand. She herself owned a pair of aviators, but they were goggles rather than glasses. Her gaze shifted towards the departing store employee and then returned to Dustin with a frown, after a moment she decided to hold her tongue.

“Looks good, I think shades are a good idea.”

Briefly, Esther considered getting a pair for herself, but ultimately decided she’d settle for a sunhat that would look better with her swimsuit.

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Savannah

"A hairdo... ah I see." Savannah mentally noted. Following that, Esther asked where the girl was from, causing her to look down and rub her chin once again. "Umm, where I am from? Uh..." She stuttered, appearing to be thinking very hard to find an answer to this question. "I am from uh, a big orange plains with orange trees and a lot of big rocks." She began. "Oh there is also a small village somewhere in there but I only go there when my pack is resting." She explained.

Savannah then heard Esther's next question, asking her if she needs help with shopping the mentioning something called a 'jacket'. The young woman took another look around the shop. "Oh uh, I don't know what I should do here so I'll trust you guys who knows the outside world better to help me." She replied.

After her attempt at clarifying where she's from, Dusting walked in with a pair of aviator shades in hand. "Ooh what are those? They look really interesting." The girl exclaimed.

July 18, Johto, Olivine City's beach

A sound of thuds, rock hitting on the stick could be heard as the Young boy was setting a corner of what looked like a big square. Around a 2 feet long sticks at each corner with the lines made of rocks and shells that formed a lines connecting said sticks to form the said square... Well, he didnt have a better idea show this place as his and his group.

Hey, It could later serve as an arena too, right?.. He hoped So cuz his hands hurt a Little on trying to make those sticks stay in place and not Fall down each time he set them on the Sand.

After that, boy sat down on the Sand and then Shiro heard a ping in his poketch. He lifted his hand and saw a reminder that the space should be spacious for the upcoming battle royale.
Well, Job well done? It definitly took him a while but he thinks the others should be happy.. It would be nice to see them satisfied with the place he found at least. He replied back that he may have a good place already.

12:25 PM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

“Thanks!”

Grinning excitedly, Dustin replied to the approval from Esther as he wore the shades. Apparently, even she didn’t know if Savannah was getting clothes yet. To be honest, Savannah herself didn’t either. It sounded like the half naked woman didn’t even know where she was from. That was a bit concerning. Either she was wasted like Esther or suffering from amnesia. The latter would explain why she had tendencies similar to a wild Pokémon. However, it ended up sounding she just lived in a more closed off environment after her second statement. Pointing to the shades over his eyes, Dustin responded to Savannah’s exclamation first.

“I see. Well, these are called sunglasses and you can use them to protect your eyes when the sun is bright. Plus, it can look stylish too. I think Esther could help you more when it comes to choosing clothes, though.”

Esther

‘Big orange plains and orange trees? Her pack? What?’, Esther recoiled with mixed amounts of surprise and incredulity, mostly the latter. The wild girl spoke in strange terms that almost made it sound like...wait, “The outside world?” That phrase stuck out like a sore thumb, but in spite of Esther’s curiosity, she decided not to press the matter further.

“Sure," Esther nodded, assenting to Dustin's suggestion. "I can get you some clothes and gear while we get Desmond his new hammock—you are getting a hammock, right?” The Oblivian swiveled on Desmond with a brilliant, if pressuring, smile. Then as a thought occurred to her, she supplemented.

“Oh, what kind of balance are you looking at, the best stuff will last longer but it also costs more. That goes for clothes as well as hammocks.”

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Savannah

"Wow, let me try them." Savannah demanded, moving to take the aviator shades off Dustin's face and try them on herself. The words the man used to describe them only served to pique the girl's curiosity even further. Protect he eyes when the Sun is too bright? That concept was completely alien to the wild girl. Usually, she had to simply keep her eyes low and looks for areas with shade when the sun got too bright. The prospect that simply putting something over your eyes can protect you from the harsh sunlight was completely unheard of.

However, before she could reach the sunglasses, Esther pitched in and asked her about something called 'balance'. "Huh? What do you mean by my balance?" She asked, tilting her head a little bit in confusion. The term was unfamiliar to her.

Esther

“Money, mullah, cash! How much money do you have to spend? A full set of clothes can cost you several hundred. You need to budget carefully and balance your expenses!” Seeing as the wild girl didn’t quite understand, Esther explained.

“Also, what’s your name? I don’t think I caught it earlier.”

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

12:25 PM July 18th, Monday

- Olivine City, Johto

“If you wanna try them, sure.”

Dustin removed the sunglasses from his face and offered it to Savannah. However, it seemed her attention had gone to Esther as they talked about balance and saving money. He just nodded along, agreeing with everything that was said.

“Yep, basically don’t just spend your money carelessly. Try to save if you can.”

July 18, Monday - Olivine City, Johto, Genevieve

A lot just happened in front of Gene, and she had a pretty rough time processing it all, but she was able to piece things together relatively well. They wanted to get the raft so they could get going, but the person running the store was not smart, so they had a hard time focusing on their job. After everything was sorted along with the various purchases and conversations, and after likely several explicatives thrown at the quite frankly ASSHOLE of a person, Sam went up to the dude, then slapped him across the face, shaking his head at him, giving a look of "you should know better" before hovering off. Still processing things before being dragged away, Genevieve lightly murmured "Pen... day... yo...?", meaning either a vocabulary lesson or a "don't repeat that" was due.

"...What about... sandwiches? Should be done by now... right?"

Savannah

When Esther restated what she meant with a different word, what she was talking about became much clearer for the confused girl. "Oh yeah that! Now I understand!" She exclaimed. At that time, Dusting also handed the shades to Savannah, who quickly took them off his hands. "Oh my name? I am called Savannah." She replied when Esther inquired about her name.

Savannah first spun the shades around in her hands, getting a good look at them before remembering she hasn't answered Esther's question yet. "Oh right my balance right? I don't have any." She replied bluntly. "I found a man in dirty clothes earlier and he asked me if I could give him my money, so I gave him all I had." She added before putting the sunglasses on. "Oh wow it got a lot darker in here. So this is how you beat the sun."

Esther

“Huh?” Esther wasn’t sure if Savannah was serious of if she had been scammed and was fabricating a lamebrained excuse. Whatever, it wouldn’t change the fact that the girl was apparently broke and couldn’t buy clothes.

“Ugh, it’s fine...c’mon, let’s go get you something to wear and something to carry your clothes in...” hold on...Esther stopped to scrutinize Savannah, at a glance, it wasn’t very apparent where the girl’s travel supplies were.

“Do you have camping gear? A flashlight? Basic essentials?”

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Pie It had been but a minute, but a lot seemed to happen in that time that left the photographer more confused than anything else.

First, as he approached Esther and her group she seemed to turn and bump into him, landing on her butt. He prepared to offer a hand but her focus seemed to be on his request for a sleeping bag or tent as she suggested a hammock instead. No, suggested would've been fair enough but as other people added to the conversation Esther seemed to take the "suggestion" as fact as she seemed to list it on the items to purchase as if Desmond had agreed to it! Could these people not least wait for him to answer before deciding what he'd purchase!?

As Reina seemed to storm out of the storm, he once more moved to get to the group and in particular the girl who seemed fixed on this hammock idea as he needed to give his two cents.

"First of all uh "thanks" for the suggestion, but in the future you can wait to say if I agree to it before you make plans." Desmond mused with a dry sass to it before he added on. "First of all I am not sure how practical a hammock is for travel...and second of all you have yet to sell me on why I should consider it over a sleeping bad or tent." Desmond replied.

Another girl seemed to join the group and she seemed to lack a few supplies, great the faces had just kept on coming.

Esther

“Impractical!?” Esther whirled on Desmond as he chipped in. “Nonsense! A hammock is infinitely more practical! Of course, you need to pair it with a quilt! Hold on, let me show you mine.”

Setting down her bag, the Oblivian raffled through her belongings until she pulled out her quilt-set and hammock.

“For one—you can set them up anywhere.” She demonstrated by unspooling her rope kit and swiftly setting it up between the shelves flanking each aisle. “In the best case, you can set it up between two trees, it only takes a few moments and means no stones, no sleep on snow, no damp or uneven ground, no discomfort at all!”

“Of course, you might be thinking, what about rain? Buy a tarp!” Pulling her own tarp over the hammock, she set up what externally, looked no different than a tent. The hammock remained suspended above the ground while the tarp was suspended above it, shaped to deflect rain or wind or sleet or hail.

“It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you’ve gone hammock you’ll never want to go back!”

She was quite smug in her demonstration, as a certified hammocker she was of course, intrinsically superior to the grubby sleeping-bag campers with their restless nights, who oft woke up soaked from a sudden shower.

"Oh, and hammocks also last longer since they aren't exposed to the elements; I've spent a week straight hammocking in a swamp, trust me."
Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Naturally Desmond had not expected to seemingly insult Esther as if he had kicked her first born, as she had gone on a passionate demonstration/rant about the benefits of a hammock set up. Clearly this had been something Esther seemed committed to, and in spite of her initial outburst having caused him to flinch a step, he had watched to hear out her argument.

An argument that had made Desmond wonder if she was some secret hammock company rep or something.

The method of the hammock itself had meant he'd avoid being on ground level which protected him from snow or rain on the ground, with he use of a quilt and tarp he could sleep in it without fear of those aforementioned elements raining down upon him and it seemed easy to set up. However, there had been one question on Desmond's mind as he scratched his chin in thought over her offer.

"Uh huh. You make a compelling case. But what of price? Surely investing in a hammock, quilt and a tarp won't come cheap." Desmond mentioned, he had not been poor per say but he had to consider funds when it came to what bedding he'd purchase for his travels.