• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Esther
Monday, July 18 – Olivine Café, Olivine City, Johto Region​

“Well...”, Esther seemed to shy away from the topic of cost. “That depends on what you want in your Quilt-set, mine is suitable for any type of environment—even in the dead of winter, I’ll be warm and toasty, and on hot summer nights I can leave it open to keep me cool. True, it’ll cost you a bit more than a sleeping bag, but it’s much more versatile—besides, can you really put a price on your own peace and comfort?”

“Anyway,” she continued, brushing her frizzed hair just a bit. “Thatllbesixhundreddollarsgiveortakeafewhundred.”

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

Initial: $6330

Everstone x 1 – $15,000.00

July 18, Olivine City, Jotho
Savannah

As Esther continued to question Savannah about what she does and doesn't have, the wild girl began feeling overwhelmed by all the items names entering her head. "Umm... Oh I know!" She suddenly exclaimed, turning over towards the exit of the store. "I'll be right back." She said before running off.

At the entrance of the Surf store, Savannah's 2 pokemon, Rhy Rhy and Zap Zap, had been lazing around, waiting for the girl to finish her shopping trip. When the young woman finally exited the store, Zap Zap jumped with excitement, thinking they might finally be able to leave while Rhy Rhy remained neutral. "Oh sorry Zap Zap, I need to go back so keep waiting for me alright? I promise we'll go do something fun later." Savannah spoke as she held her hands together to do an apologetic bow. Hearing this, the Shinx gave his companion a pouting face before returning to it's previous laying position. "Rhy Rhy pass me my bag." Savannah ordered. The Rhydon then held up the rather large travel backpack he had been carrying for the girl ever since she ran off after the rowdy Shinx, handing it to her trainer. "Thanks for keeping it for me, I'll be back later." She said before turning around and running back into the Surf Shop.

Running back to Esther's side, Savannah dropped her backpack down while letting out a breath. "Everything that was packed for me by the people at the village are in here, maybe what you're asking for will be in here too." She said.

July 18, Monday - Olivine City, Johto. Reina, current rank, 35,589.

"Um, forget that word, don't use it." Reina replied with a smile to Gene, trying to cool down deep inside.

She went along with Gene to retrieve the sandwiches and then made her way to the beach. She didn't need to send a message to Shiro, since the beach was pretty empty, since it was Monday morning. It was easy to spot the Cubchoo with the scarf and his trainer also. Finally, a place were they could relax a bit.

"Let's go team!"

As Reina and Gene joined Shiro, the Metztlian trainer threw her Pokeballs into the air. Swampert, Dragonair, Scyther, Hawlucha and Lapras emerged and landed with a loud thud on the sand. Diva chirped with joy as she ran over to join her teammates, eager to tell them all the fun she had shopping and how their trainer lost her cool.

"Alright, stay where I can see you all." Reina called out as her water Pokemon and her Dragonair rushed towards the ocean, jumping in and swimming out to the open. Blue Demon, the Hawlucha, stayed back with the shy Scyther, who was cowering under her scythes, expecting some sort of surprise attack.

"It's okay Viridis, you can stay close to me, just be careful not to cut anyone or any more of my shirts." Reina patted the bug Pokemon, who began walking behind her, tucking in her wings.

Diva took the opportunity to dance around a ruined pile of sand, which had signs of being some sort of sand castle before. The Hawlucha on the other hand took things a little more serious and began grappling with the air, fighting some invisible enemy, who seemed to be patient enough to let the flying fighting type pose before attacking.

"Hey Sheeto! I like the location you found, it is very cold indeed."

Esther

While Desmond mulled over her clearly irresistible offer, Savannah conjured up some answers by offering her bag. Fortunately, after a quick check, the girl did indeed have a number of basic necessities and a few...questionable pieces of weaponry. What was she even doing with an axe?

“Alright, now that I know what you have, I can find what you need.”

For now, that was clothes and perhaps some equipment to keep her fed, they’d have to stock up. Esther checked her own balance and then estimated a cost for Savannah’s new gear...it was within her ability; she’d extract payment later.

“C’mon, let’s go see what clothes they have around here.”

Pokéball x2

Seal Case

July 18th, Johto, Olivine City, Beach

Shiro let an awkward smile to appear on his face when he heard his name misspelled again.
"Umm.. You know my name is Shiro, right?" He asked Reina, hoping that she says no as he would really want to know she is doing this on purpose.. Though he wouldnt be suprised.

"And Thanks.. Hope everyone will be able to enjoy this place." He replied, glancing over at her team. He already began analyze her team and how many various tactics Reina may have at her disposal.
After coming up to some conclusions, he decided to enjoy the beach while all of them wait.

Gehenna after a good training was resting under the Sun, getting all this light and heat. Goatie seemed to have join him, while Glacier walked up to Blue Demon, clearly curious in the pokemon moves and poses. Little bear, with sparkles in his eyes that yelled 'Soooo cooool!' began to mimic the wrestler pokemon.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Robert Dean
June 21st, 10 Years Ago
Pallet Town, Kanto

As the dust settled and the crooks were being taken away, Robert had found himself at both a loss for words and breath. His contributions were nothing compared to Mith and the surprisingly helpful Bulbasaur, but the red haired boy still found himself exhausted from the ordeal. Yet, beyond a sense of exhaustion, Rob found himself feeling proud of his achievement, and it seemed that he wasn't the only one. A strange but cheerful girl began romping around the clearing, scattering flower petals to celebrate the two boys' achievement. After that unusual instance, Rob found himself in an impromptu interview after being on the receiving end of a forceful handshake. All the sudden, eyes were on him, both from the townspeople and the apparent interviewer. The red haired child stuttered for half a minute, clearly unsure as what he should say. Never in Rob's life would he have expected to be in this situation, and though he truthfully didn't have much to say for himself, he knew that he had to say something.

"Uh...hi?" Robert sheepishly spoke into the microphone that was offered him, both to test if it was working and to introduce himself to the crowd. Upon confirmation of the former, Rob retreated into himself yet again, unsure that he could say anything of value. Honestly, he wished Acacia was there instead of him, the golden-eyed boy would be great at giving a heroic, motivating speech. However, in those idle wishes, he remembered Acacia's approach to the world: speaking his mind unapologetically. After taking a look at his partner, who simply pumped his paw in encouragement, Rob knew what to say.

"Hi, my name's Rob Dean. My parents have a Daycare in Celadon and I just left there today to start my journey. To be honest, I wasn't thinking of being a hero today, but when I saw the thieves getting away, I knew that it'd be my responsibility to step in. I've gotta thank the guy that came with me," Rob looked over to Sorrel with a smile and a gesture to share the spotlight.

"I've never met him, but I couldn't've fought off the thieves without him. I'd like to thank the Charmander and Bulbasaur that started this chase, they were some of the most influential players in the fight," Looking over to the trainer-less Pokémon, Rob gave a smiling nod to them as well. The Charmander beamed with pride, puffing her chest upon hearing the acknowledgement, while the Bulbasaur simply returned the gesture. Lastly, Rob walked over to his trustworthy Riolu and picked him up, causing Mith mild discomfort that was hidden with a proud smile.

"But most importantly, I'd like to thank my partner, Mith, right here. He...he helped me trust my judgement, encouraged me to give chase, trusted my commands, and fought to the best of his abilities. I couldn't ask for a better partner on this journey." After saying this statement and putting Mith down, Rob just smiled at the camera, allowing the sound of his voice to fade into the sound of thunderous applause. Looking around at the adoration he received was enough to make Rob tear up, though he tried his hardest to hide it.

Last edited:
Olivine City, Johto (July 18th)

Desmond had his arms folded as the question of price seemed to cause a flip in Esther's attitude, as she had gone on a "can't put a price on comfort" and seemed to want to avoid a direct answer. Which itself was all Desmond needed to know before she seemed to mumble out an answer which caused him to sight. As he figured, not a very cheap investment.

"Yeah real inspired sell on that part..." Desmond mused with some sarcasm.

Desmond had thought it over, in theory if he took good care of those materials even with the cost it'd likely solve his sleep issue going forward and be easier to deal with compared to his tent. Course, if he used his money on this stuff he'd have little left himself, and would have to find a new way to supplement such an income. A lot to mill over but after a minute he seemed to glance at Esther before he offered his reply.

"Where would I get this stuff, or other sleep options since I doubt I'd get them at a Surf Shop." Desmond asked Esther.

Savannah

Savannah waited patiently for Esther to finish her survey of her stuff. To be honest, the girl didn't actually know what some of the items in her own bag were. Sure the people at the village made sure to explain to Savannah all the contents they packed for her before she left, however the wild girl was too distracted to remember them all. Nonetheless, the young woman was pleased to see whatever was in there seemed to have been adequate for Esther's standards.

"I'll leave it to you then." She exclaimed cheerfully, following closely behind Esther as the other girl began looking through the stalls of the store.

Esther

It was a whirlwind of shopping as Esther led the group to the upper floors of the shop where Desmond was free to choose between the right choice and a sleeping bag, and they could find some clothes that Savannah liked. She was a bit small for her age, but they were able to find a few outfits and some extra necessities like a water canteen, some travel dishware, etc. And they could share Esther’s stove for now.

Once the shopping was done, they headed for the beach; they were still a distance away when they could spot Reina, Shiro, and their pokémon on the beach. The sight reminded Esther that they were to introduce their teams, and that gave her pause.

After she pointed out their camp, Esther hurried the group ahead while she turned back to the city, “Go on ahead, I’ll be right back!”

With that, she ran off.

Pokéball x2

Seal Case
- $400 Savannah expenses

Savannah

Following behind the small crowd, Savannah arrived to the beach with her large backpack on her back. The stuff Esther had bought for her had been stuffed inside for the time being, she'll look through them later. For now, it's about having fun and apparently this place called a beach is where she'll find most of it.

Beside her, Zap Zap was jumping around in excitement, all that waiting around has only amped up the small Shinx's hyperactivity. Rhy Rhy was still stoic as ever, it really felt like he was simply there to babysit the pokemon human duo. However, the sunshine and sea breeze did bring a smile to the rock type's face.

"I'll trust you to keep this bag safe Rhy Rhy." Taking her bag off, Savannah quickly threw it to her Rhydon before running off onto the sand with Zap Zap in tow. The Rhydon simply caught the back in his arms, giving a slight shrug before also making his way to the beach grounds.

"Oh sorry about that, Shiro, Shiro, Shiro..." Reina repeated the names a few times, making sure she remembered the right pronunciation. "So, Shiro, this is Gene by the way. Gene this is Sheet-er-ShiRo, we met at the tournament in Unova." The trainer held up the food containing the sandwiches they had picked up before heading to the beach. "Anybody hungry?"

Blue Demon meanwhile noticed the small ice type trying to imitate his poses, which didn't bother the veteran wrestler. Instead, he flex his muscles, showed up his moves like Wing Attack and Cross Chop. In the end, he loved the attention and he loved showing off his power.

Reina put on her sunglasses and looked up at the sky. They probably needed some sort of shade if they were to stay in the sun so much. She took out a tube of sunblock and handed it over to Gene. "You guys can eat, I am going to go change, don't want my pants and boots full of sand." She looked at Gene. "Wait here, I'll get some hats for the sun also, I'll be back quickly." With that, Reina took off, her Scyther running quickly after her, afraid to be left behind.

Olivine City, Johto (July 18th)

Ultimately in spite of his look at finances and his better judgement, he had ultimately decided to go with the hammock set up. Course, if this fell on its face he'd never let this girl hear the end of it but regardless once he had gotten all his gear he headed to the beach in a pair of dark blue swim trunks and a plain short-sleeve t-shirt as they had made their way to the beach.

Desmond had found a spot to set his bag and laid a towel on the sand, course his two Pokemon had released themselves as Politoed and Kricketune who seemed happy to be on the beach. The nice breeze, the warm sand the water ahead it all seemed magical.

"Poli poli!"

"Tune!"

"Easy there guys, it's a big beach so don't wander aimlessly." Desmond mused, while the two popping out had startled him a bit, he had began to get used to the routine. His focus for now was work as he pulled a camera out and seemed to eye the shoreline specifically. There had to be some costal Pokemon here he'd be able to snape some pictures of, might as well take advantage of the setting though as he had this thought the worry of a Sharpedo or something deeper in the water had made his face pale slightly; before he shook his head. Sharpedo were not common in Johto waters anyway, besides, he needed to suck it up.

He traced that golden locket around his neck and seemed to find motivation.

As other members seemed to leave and promise to return, Desmond merely decided to inform them of plans. "Yeah uh, if anyone needs me I'll be taking some pictures by the coast. So try not to need me." Desmond mused, he probably meant it as a joke but who knows, either way he moved with his party to begin his work.

July 18th, Johto, Olivine City Beach

'Well at least it wasnt on purpose' Shiro thought to himself as he found the fact a little amusing, he also felt bad that he thought she did it to get to his nerve or something.. Bad expierience, yet it didnt justify his thoughts and he felt bad about it now.

He then looked down and gave a small wave to Gene, along with a gentle smile "It is nice to meet you Gene" He sounded honest and he was indeed honest. He took after this one sandwich and said "Thank you" to Reina.

Meanwhile Glacier showed even more of awe in his facial expression when he saw all those moves that the fighting type performed and again tried to mimic his movement.. Tho it wasnt exacly his attack ing moves, It seemed that small pokemon Learned fast from a wrestler master.
"Cuppp!" Glacier cried determined, ready to see more of this awesome pokemon's awesomeness.

While he waved to girl with Shinx and Rhydon that also made her way to them. He quickly turned to a photographer with a stoic expression, as stoic as he could muster. "Sure, we will consider you as useful as magicarp's splash then" He replied to Desmond. Though even if his face didnt show it, his voice held a hint that Shiro didnt mean it seriously.

Last edited:
Olivine City Beach, Johto (July 18th)

Desmond glanced back at the kid as he seemed to pass a "joke" remark at his expense and he merely cast a scowl his direction. He had half a mind to retort back to the guy but with a sigh he figured that it was not worth his time.

Politoed however seemed to find it somewhat funny, and even had a light little chuckle before a scowl had cut it off. Regardless he moved by the shore as he worked to set up a tripod on a relative level area of sand as his desire to focus on photographs and well ignore all the Pokemon other trainers seemed to unleash upon the beach just behind him as he tried to mask a nervous twitch.

Focus on the water, just focus on the water...

Esther

Six Pokémon was the widely accepted upper limit that each traveling trainer could bring on their journey. There were many factors that went into this, but a big one was that when challenging a gym or similar institution, six was the upper limit of the trainer’s pokémon that were eligible to take part; however, since she wasn’t about to participate in any league-regulated event, Esther decided to introduce all her pokémon.

After a quick trip to the Pokémon Center, Esther returned to the beach, already changed into her bathing suit and with seven pokéballs on hand. With a toss, they arced through the air, popping open in rapid succession as her pokémon appeared on the beach in the order they’d been caught: Pyrrha, Kasriel, Pariparisithea, Tarrah Ta’Ella, Bâquîle Nâva, L’ Basseau, and Halay Alae.

Courtesy of her new seals and ball capsules, the pokémon appeared inside an increasingly large cloud of gray smoke.

With a deep breath, Esther shouted to grab everyone’s attention.

“Rollcall & Introductions! Starting with...Reina!”

Reina returned with her new blue rash guard that matched the colors with her Swampert and her black swimsuit underneath. She had her sunglasses on and had bought one of those big beach hats, a light blue one and a white one for Gene.

"I don't know what a rollcall is, but I am pretty good with introductions." Reina said proudly as she set down her blanket and gave Gene her hat. "I'm Reina and this shy Scyther next to me is Viridis, I caught her at the bug catching contest. Next, we have Storm over there, I caught her in the Union Cave, she is a small Lapras but very active. Then we have Diva, my Clefairy, who likes to dance and join in double battles with her teammates, a little selfish sometimes, but she doesn't mean to be mean. Oh and that over there is my Hawlucha, Blue Demon, came with me from Metztli, we both learned to wrestle from the famous wrestler, Blue Demon, which is why I called him that. Next is Maya, my Dragonair from the Kanto region, she does have a bad attitude, but we're working on it."

As Reina said the dragon's name, she slithered out of the ocean and began going around Reina in circles, like if attempting to wrap around her until she set her chin on Reina's head. "She also doesn't like me mentioning she has a bad attitude. Finally, my starter, Peque the Swampert, who just recently evolved, so he isn't that used to his new strength yet."

Reina took a deep breath and took a quick count of her Pokemon. "Okay that's it!"

Maya went around Reina a few more times and made her way back to the ocean, this time jumping into the air and crashing into the Swampert that was too busy floating belly up. Diva cried out as water splashed on her face, causing her to murmur angrily as she made her way back towards Gene and Sam.

As Desmond worked to set his camera on his tripod, and as his two Pokemon seemed to set up a sand castle beside their trainer, he had caught wind of Esther as she seemed to return and called out for some group introductions which had made Desmond's eyebrow raise. Introductions? What were they in daycare all of a sudden? Much as Desmond seemed to think the idea was a touch silly, he had wandered over by the group all the same and after Reina had given her intro it all seemed to fall silent. A sigh escaped the lips out the Pokemon Photographer.

Oh damn you, damn you all.

"Suppose I can go next. My name is Desmond, Desmond Andrews and I am from Kanto. Politoed has been a partner of mine since I had began my journey, and Kricketune was a capture at the bug contest." Desmond mused, as it seemed he and Reina both had gotten new members off that. "I travel to take photos of the Pokemon world for a catalog I am working on and yeah, that is it..."

Desmond had not spoken with the same enthusiasm as Reina, btu he had given all the need to know info of things. More importantly when Politoed had been introduced it happily clapped and hopped to the group as it cried "Poli Poli!" as if it said high to the group. Kricketune seemed to go further and played a cute little tune with its appendages as it happily cried out "Tune!" for the group.

Last edited:
July 18th, Johto, Olivine City Beach

After hearing Desmond's introduction, Shiro smiled "You gotta show us eventually your catalog after you finish" Shiro suggested and then decided that he should probably introduce himself now.

"So... I am Shiro and I lived in Sunnyshore in Sinnoh.. My Cubchoo, Glacier is with me since he hatched from an egg, Gehenna the Sizzlipede was the first pokemon that I have catched on my Journey and I found Goatie the Skiddo after a short Journey in Kalos." Shiro introduced himself with a smile, though his voice did sound quite shy.
"I am both a trainer and an aspiring Researcher. I basicly try to find connection between things like Mega Evolution, Battle Bond and Standard Evolution as well as possible connection to why some pokemon posses Dynamax form or their own kinds of Z-moves. Well, I also aim to be one of the strongest trainers to make my caretaker proud and to be able to fight strong Trainers to further my research and possible work.

Ezio Farello, June 14 - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh

"Oh yeah, I still have my badges." Ezio said, grabbing a badge case from his bag and opened it for Kaden to see. Seven badges, neatly polished. "I don't have the Fen Badge, but Water type gyms are incredibly difficult for me to beat with my type disadvantages and they usually have water in the arena. I can't blame em, gyms are meant to push challengers to new heights, after all. Not that missing one badge means a lot to me, I am not doing the Pokémon League Challenge. I just get to skip a lot of paperwork by showing I am somewhat qualified for more dangerous ruins or ruins that are of high archeological value."

"Of course, I challenged the gyms when I was at least ten years younger. It was a fun time, travelling all over and challenging powerful trainers before inevitably running into a Water type trainer. I'm too old to challenge the gyms now, and even if I wasn't, there is no real reason for me to do so." The man reminisced, petting Etna as Erebus nibbled on her poffin.

"Sorry, I shouldn't bore you with my old man rambles. You're probably not interested in that, anyway." Ezio chuckled.

Kaden Miller - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh

"Seven badges is still quite the accomplishment though," Kaden remarked, impressed by Ezio's accomplishments. Hearing the archeologist regale of his past made Kaden wonder if he should attempt to do contests in another region. Perhaps a shift in the scenery around him could breath some new creativity in him as well as the aspect of starting over, yet holding all of his previous knowledge and experiences intrigued him. It was certainly something to think about.

"I don't mind at all. I find it interesting to hear about other trainer's journeys," Kaden said waving away Ezio's worries that he was boring to the young man.

Lara Brook - 10th of June - KENN HQ in Motostoke, Galar

Lara had to get up early the next morning. At some point yesterday, she'd gotten the notification that she'll be showing a new worker the ropes of how to handle a film camera. She herself hadn't been working at KENN for all too long and she was supposed to show another person how things work? Quite odd to start on a Friday as well, but Keen Eye seemed to be quite spontaneous with their things, as Lara has come to learn. Well.. hopefully she could just focus on the equipment, but it would be likely that she'll also be stuck with them for some time. She couldn't really say no either. How could she? She just found it easier to put up a smile and accept the task. She didn't want to risk loosing her current job, now did she? All she hoped was that the person she was tasked to instruct would be decent and nice. Or she for something along those lines at least.

The red haired girl waited outside the Motostoke KENN HQ, with a giant bag of all the essential camera equipment, which.. was quite a lot. Rotom buzzed around her excitedly as always being a bundle of energy as always. As long as they weren't doing anything mischievous or dangerous, Lara didn't mind it all too much. She was scrolling through her phone looking at Shinxtagram to kill some time while waiting.

Last edited:

Esther

There was a slight lull in the introductions, as no one seemed eager to step up to the plate, so Esther decided that now was as good a time as any to introduce herself and her team.

“I’m Esther from Oblivia and these are my pokémon—”

“Pyrrha the Jangmo-o, she’s my starter and partner; Kasriel the Zigzagoon—I’m told they only look like this in Galar; Pariparisithea the Munna; Tarah Ta’Ella the Bounsweet; Bâquîle Nâva the Goomy; L’ Basseau the Surskit; and Halay Alae the Houndour.”

She resisted the urge to go on a small tangent about each of her pokémon, it wasn’t warranted, and she didn’t want to hog the spotlight.
Pokéball x2

Seal Case

- $400 Savannah expenses

Ezio Farello - June 14th, Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh

"Is that so?" Ezio mused. "Well, if you want more stories, just ask for them. I am always happy to tell stories, I've travelled around a lot and I am sure to have something that appeals to you. To go back to our original topic though, I am afraid I won't be of much help as of now. When I know more, I will contact you with this number." The man tore off a piece of paper and wrote his number down, handing it to Kaden. "If you ever need to contact me, you can call me on my work phone. I'm sure we'll be in contact later, given you are my only lead as of now." The ruin maniac said, noticing Erebus nuding Kaden for more poffins. "Erebus, no. You are going to get fat." The man said, reprimanding his starter and getting a frown in return.

"Oh, suck it up. You know full well that you are not allowed to snack so much from Nurse Joy." He chuckled before turning to Kaden. "Now, you said you were a coordinator? How's that life treating you?" The man asked, shifting the topic to a more casual conversation.

----------------

Nicole Newman - June 10th, KENN HQ in Motostoke

Nicole was nervous, this was her first job where she was working for someone who was not a family member, but she didn't really have a choice. She needed the money and she didn't like to battle, so a job was the only other option. She was told that someone would teach her the ropes, and that did not help to calm her down in the slightest. She already envisioned her asking a question for the tenth time, just to make sure of something, and her colleague blowing up on her. It happened before and she hated it.

Cassidy was by her side as she walked to the KENN HQ, trying to soothe her trainer's nerves with its presence. That being said, Nicole remained careful around the Armor Bird Pokémon. It could decide to bite her at any time or use those sharp feathers to slash at her. For her own safety, especially now that she was nervous and more aware of her surroundings, she recalled the Steel Type as she turned the corner, seeing Lara.

Nicole's nerves relaxed slightly at the sight of a familiar face. "Hey Lara, I was meant to meet someone here. They are meant to teach me the ropes of camerawork, do you know who they are?" The woman asked, rather blunty whilst she saw no issue with how she spoke. She saw the large bag, but didn't ask about it. It was none of her business, after all.

"Yes thank you. Here's my number so you know where to call if you find anything," Kaden replied and scribbled down his own phone number before giving it to Ezio. The coordinator turned when he felt something nudge against his shoulder and saw Erebus seemingly asking for more poffins. He chuckled in amusement, "I'm not going to give you any more treats, but I can give you some behind the ear scratches," the man said and carefully raised his hand above Erebus, not being too sudden in his movements as to scare the volcano pokemon.

"Hmm.. I can't really complain. Currently I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do for my next contest. I like to keep it fresh so I want to try and do something new each competition I participate in, but I've ran out of ideas as of late. I'm trying to find some inspiration that would resupply and get ideas,"

Etna meanwhile laid down onto the floor and rested her chin on the armchair of Ezio's chair looking at him expecting to receive more pets.

Lara looked up from her phone and was surprised to see Nicole and she was even more surprised to hear that she was likely the new employee she was supposed to teach. Her Rotom zipped beside her and buzzed happily to greet the other woman.

"Um- Give me a moment to check something quickly," she said tapping on her phone to check her work emails. Scrolling and finding the message, 'Nicole Newman' was indeed the name of the new camera operator at the network. Lara really had to stop checking her work inbox right before going to bed late in the night.

"A-actually I'm the one that's supposed to be the one teaching," the young reporter said looking down at the ground embarrassed by her own fumbling, "I have all of the equipment right here," she said and gestured as the big duffle bag beside her, trying to divert the attention from her.

Ezio Farello - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh

"Thank you very much." Ezio said as he saved Kaden's number. Noticing the large frame of Etna begging for pets, the man smiled and obliged. "You're lucky you already have a trainer, or else I would take you home with me. You'd get along great with the rest of my Rock Types."

Erebus looked at Kaden's hand expecting treats, but got scratches instead. Slumping forward, Erebus' foot began to rapidly stomp in the ground in enjoyment.

"Inspiration, you say? Maybe I can help. I am not super well-versed in the world of contests, having only participated in a couple Tough contests back in the day, but maybe some old stories can light that fire." Ezio proposed, stratching Etna behind her ears.

----------

Nicole Newman - June 10th, KENN HQ in Motostoke, Galar

Nicole waited patiently as Lara looked something up, keeping an eye on her Rotom. It was too erratic for her to predict, and she disliked it. As Lara revealed she was going to be instructing her, the woman blinked for a second as she processed the information.

Well, that was unexpected.

"I see, should I carry it? I have to carry it around later anyway." She offered, already extending a hand to take the bag.

Savannah

Savannah ran down the beach alongside Zap Zap when Esther's shout managed to catch her attention, causing her to skid to a halt. The Shinx noticed it too and also stopped a few steps after his companion. "Roll call and introductions? I'm not sure what that means but let's go see what it's about." The girl expressed her interest and moved closer to the rest of the group. Zap Zap was a bit reluctant, not wanting to have to wait for an extended period of time again, but nonetheless still followed behind Savannah.

Arriving at the group gathering, Savannah listened as each one of them told the others their names and their pokemon's names. "Ah, so we just talk about ourselves? That's easy." She mumbled to herself. When the previous person finished their introduction, the young woman spoke up. "I am called Savannah. This is Zap Zap." She said while pointing towards the Shinx. "I grew up with him, so he's like my brother." She then motioned towards the Rhydon a short distance away. "That's Rhy Rhy, gramps from the village gave him to me when I first left my home to help me cross waters. He also told me that Rhy Rhy misses travelling so it would be good if he came with me." She explained.

Kaden lightly chuckled at Ezio's remark to Etna. It wasn't a quite a common thing he heard people say to his pokemon and he just got used to it. The coordinator diverted his attention back to Erebus who was happily stomping her foot in response to him scratching behind her ear and smiled at the cuteness, "Oh you like that spot, don't you?" and continued to scratch the volcano pokemon.

"I'm always interested in hearing other peoples contest experiences and trainer journeys so feel free to go ahead and tell me," Kaden said looking back at Ezio before returning his attention back to Erebus.

As Ezio began to scratch behind Etna's ears the dog-like pokemon leaned in and let let out a satisfied groan and then turned her head down to try and tell the ruin maniac to scratch the back of her neck.

"Um, sure if you want to. It's full of filming equipment so please be careful. Oh- and it's quite heavy as well," Lara said and pocketed her phone. She could feel her nervousness linger in the back of her mind. She already had a major blunder, or something that felt major, happen already. Everything was fine though, they got things cleared up without further hassle and she was just going to teach Nicole how the basics of how camera and the KENN filming equipment works. Nothing more and nothing less..

"..I was thinking about going to route 3 and practice there. Find some calm spot so we're not filming in the rush of the network headquarters," Lara then suggested. She would greatly appreciate if they could do it in a calmer environment.

At the mention of going to a route, Rotom zipped around it's trainer excitement. The reporter flinched slightly in surprised but then chuckled at her pokemon's eagerness.

"Hold on a moment Rotom- We need to hear what Nicole thinks first,"

Ron Towers - June 17th - South of Kanto.

It was hard to believe what they saw in front of them. If Ron wasn't sober, he probably wouldn't believe it. They emerged from under the water, only to find themselves in front of an island. It seemed to be the size of about a small city, with a volcano in the middle. A few feet back they had seen nothing in front of them but an endless ocean and suddenly, an island stood in front of them. Ron figured they were using something to hide it, like Hunter J did with her ship. However, he never thought they would be able to hide something so big in the middle of nowhere.

"Alright, let's move forward." Ron tapped the shell of his Blastoise as they dove underwater once more. Up ahead there was a small docking, which had a few boats similar to the ones in Vermillion.

The ocean was a lot more empty than usually, not even Magikarp were swimming near the location. It seemed whatever they were doing, was keeping the Pokemon away. Once they approached land, they circled around to avoid the docks, using some wave breakers to avoid being spotted and reaching a small empty beach. Ron took a few minutes to change into dry clothes, checked his Pokemon and items, before heading towards the docks, trying to stay hidden in the small jungle that covered most of the island.

"No Pokemon, that's weird." He said to himself as he stopped to listen for any signs of life. "Maybe it's artificial? But, IF these are Team Rocket grounds, then not having Pokemon is the opposite of what they usually do."

Ron finally saw the dock up ahead, with nobody in it, just the boats floating gently. He knew there must be a road or something that leads to the docks, but getting closer might include getting caught. Then, a loud growling came from behind Ron. He stood still, trying not to make any sudden move, but the growling kept getting louder. Carefully, he reached into his vest pocket, he had Furia and Linkin ready to spring into action, he just needed to know what Pokemon was behind him, since he might only get one chance to fight back.

Ron slowly began to turn his head, the sound of sticks breaking as whatever was behind him took a step closer. The trainer from Johto finally mate the gaze of a Nidoking. The Pokemon's eyes were red with rage and he seemed ready to lunge. That wasn't the worst part of it, for some reason, the Pokemon was huge, at least twice the size of any Nidoking Ron had ever seen. The monster of a Pokemon took a few steps closer and without thinking it anymore, Ron tossed Linkin's Pokeball as the poison type giant charged at him!

July 18, Monday - Olivine City, Johto, Genevieve

After going down to the beach, Genevieve grabbed a sandwich from Reina and split it in half with Sam as he continued to look around at all of the other Pokémon. Seeing Pokémon come out from their Poké Balls was still a little odd to him since almost everyone back home just kind of let them out once they were captured, and never put them back in unless it was an emergency. Gene took her sandwich over to a nearby rock and faced away from everyone else, lightly moving her scarf so she could eat. It was also so she didn't have to watch them battle, due to her distaste with the concept. When Diva ran over to her, she quickly rummaged with her scarf to cover up her face again, then looked at her, tilting her head. She then noticed that she was wet, picking her up and drying her slightly with the end of her scarf. She put Diva down, then turned away again to try and start eating again.

Colored
July 18th, Olivine City (Beach)

Despite being a bit distracted by things, Colored had eventually caught up to her little ragtag group with a pleased look on her face. "Apologies, folks! Got caught up with some stuff, but I'll try not to be held up again! Have I missed much?"

Her body language had remained pretty relaxed and optimistic, mostly due to what she had been held up at. Some kind of flowery flash had caught her eye back at the café, leading her to a Trainer testing out a Seal thanks to a recently bought Ball Capsule.

So happily having her eye caught, she had picked up three for herself for now and got herself a few Seals as well due to the generosity of the one giving them out.

And that one satisfied purchase later, she had caught up to her group thanks to Dawn being a sharp-eyed sentry. But overall, yeah! Good day for her.

Montagne Khastil - Unranked - June 10th - Lumiose City, Kalos

It's too early for this shit, Monty thought as he wiped his knuckles off on his towel. The skin split on several of them, but the pain of the cracked skin was nothing compared to his right shoulder. The Kalosian could hardly lift his arm through his t-shirt as he dressed himself, and he couldn't pull his jeans up without stifling a shout of pain.

Monty replayed the encounter in the hallway with every throb from his shoulder, and he couldn't shake the fear that gripped him when the "Tyrouge" as the Madame called it came flying at him. Pain he was used to, but he'd only felt that drop in his stomach and chill in his spine twice before, and Monty would rather forget those encounters entirely and leave the feeling as foreign as the Johto shore.

Monty couldn't just forget, though, and thoughts of his recurring nightmares crept into his psyche and his blood began to rise. He sat down on the edge of his bed and tried to think of something, no, anything else, but visions of the drowning darkness and the haunting red eyes started to overwhelm him. The criminal took shallow breaths and his hands started to shake, and he buried his face in them as voices began to swirl in his mind.

"KILL HIM! MACH PUNCH!"
"Shouldn't have put up a fight."
"Use...Confuse Ray."

Monty was on the verge of tears but he looked up when he sensed a presence next to him, only to be met with another set of piercing red eyes. With an undignified yelp he jumped up in surprise, the jarring movement spurring a flood of pain from his injured shoulder, but he realized Oracle had sat beside him and felt anger rise up.

"Get away from me!" Monty shouted at the Absol, whose eyes widened slightly in surprise. "My shoulder's fucked because you didn't start fighting until the battle was at the damn door!"

The fur along Oracle's spine rose up as she rose to her feet, and she glared daggers at her ungrateful trainer as she activated her ability to its fullest extent. What would've been an annoyance twenty minutes prior resulted in practical agony on Monty's shoulder, and through gritted teeth the trainer grabbed the Luxury Ball off his nightstand and recalled the Absol.

"The nerve...the fucking nerve!" Monty muttered as he slumped back. He'd saved this thing from whatever life awaited it after the Old Guard sold it off, and it was going to Pressure him? What an ungrateful little cur.

Monty finished getting dressed, adding his grey peacoat and black boots to the ensemble, and left his room. He surveyed the damage to the hallway, noting that someone had already cleaned up the mess that he and that Unovan asshole had made, and crossed through the main chamber to leave through the bar.

Speaking of the Unovan, he was propped up in a chair at a table against the far wall, his face as cleaned up as it could be with Jacques still stitching it up. A trio of candles on the table illuminated the room, and Jacques had an old fashioned millieu medkit laid out complete with a pair of healing Potions. A single, dormant PokeBall was on the table as well.

"He's holding up?" Monty asked, his boots clunking on the bar's stone floor as he approached. The Unovan was slumped back in his chair, head rested on the wall, and Jacques' experienced hands danced across his mangled face with a medical needle and string.

"As much as he can be the way you worked him over," the old Kalosian chided, not looking up from his work. "Sit down, I'll see what I can do about that shoulder."

"I don-"

"Sit down."

Monty pulled out a chair with his good arm and sunk down, studying the Unovan's face as Jacques worked. He'd been patched up by the bartender too many times to count, and the old Kalosian's experience showed as he swiftly closed the Unovan's cuts and grabbed one of the Potions off the table. Jacques sprayed the miraculous substance into each of the cuts, and the suture's seemed to hold a little tighter wherever the Potion made contact.

Jacques studied his handiwork for a moment until he set the Potion down and stated, "He'll have a damn bad headache when he comes to, but he'll survive." The old Kalosian turned his gaze to Monty and, scooching closer for better access to the younger mans injured shoulder, asked, "Now are you going to explain what happened back there?"

Monty relayed the encounter to Jacques as he examined his shoulder, and the criminal winced as Jacques touched the tender muscle. "I've never needed to go that far in here before," he finished softly.

Jacques grabbed the other Potion off the table and began, "Well, you gave some of the girls a proper scare, but I'd say it was warranted given the situation. Turning that Tyrouge-" he jabbed a thumb at the dormant Ball on the table "-on you was like drawing a gun. It's a good thing you had your own." Monty pondered his words as Jacques applied the Potion, wincing in pain as he felt the substance begin its uncomfortable repair process.

"In fact, things could have gotten a lot worse if you didn't have that Pokemon with you. What's it called, anyhow?" Jacques asked as he wrapped a bandage around Monty's shoulder.

"It's an Absol," the younger man responded shortly.

"I know that. I'm asking it's name."

"Oracle." Monty answered.

"Then you'd do well to call it that, considering Oracle saved your life," Jacques firmly looked Monty in the eye as he scolded him, tightening the bandages a little harder to emphasize his point. "Stay there." The older man said as he stood up, and as he went to the back of the bar he asked, "Where'd you get Oracle, anyway? The Madame told me a little, but I want the whole story."

Monty filled Jacques in on his meeting with Cormier at Prism Tower and the night at the docks, and lamented the task the Boss gave him as Jacques returned to the table with a sling. "One gym badge won't be too difficult," Jacques said as he set Monty's arm in the sling. "Leave that set for at least an hour. What's your plan, then?"

"My plan?" Monty echoed. Was he supposed to have a plan? "I'm just going to go to the Lumiose Gym and let Oracle battle."

"It takes more than that to get a gym badge." Jacques stated bluntly. "You'll need to train, and strategize. Since you only need one, you should try the Psychic-Type gym in Anistar."

"What's the difference?" Monty asked, confused.

"You don't know about types?" The older man was flabbergasted.

"I don't know anything about Pokemon," Monty admitted, prompting a disbelieving guffaw from the bartender.

Jacques started to say something but was interrupted by the sound of the Unovan at their table stirring back to consciousness, and the bartender said, "We'll talk more about it later. Get going, I'll make sure the cochon doesn't run off squealing. Make sure you take that Absol of yours to a Pokemon Center before the day's done."

"Will do," Monty replied, taking his leave of the bartender with a freshly healed shoulder and some fresh perspective.

Elsie Titanlia, 14 year old
June 18th (Ten Years Ago) Shirale Town, Professor Apple's Lab, Tervol

Elsie stepped through the sliding doors into Professor Apple's lab. While the lab looked so clean and pristine on the outside, on the inside it was a mess. Trash littered the white tile, mud tracked through the lab, and some of the books were no longer in the large oak bookshelf acting as a wall between the entrance and the back of the lab. She furrowed her brow for a moment before she walked further into the lab, her Sentret following behind her, awkwardly trying to hide behind her legs. "Hello? Professor Apple! Are you here?"

"Huh?!" There was a pause. "Behind the bookcases. Just tell me if you want water, grass, or fire as your starter Pokemon. That'll save us both time." Elsie's Sentret, Alvin, ears had twitched.

Elsie walked towards the main part of the lab, picking up Alvin. "I don't need a starter though. I just need a Pokedex and to register as a trainer." Elsie could now see the professor, who looked worse than the lab. She looked exhausted, her lab coat heavily wrinkled, her brown hair all disheveled, and the heavy bags under her hazel eyes. Was she exhausted due to all of the new trainers? Probably. Elsie was almost certain of it. It was probably best not to prank her. The professor seemed relieved as if the weight of her job somewhat lifted.

"Just a Pokedex and to finish registration. Thank Arceus. Red, blue, pink, green, or yellow? For your Pokedex."

"Pink, please. Also, does the registration cover Kanto as well?"

Professor Apple's hand hovered over the stack of pink Pokedexes. "You want to train in Kanto?"

"Yes." Elsie innocently tilted her head to the side. "Is there a problem with that?"

The professor shook her head no as she picked up a Pokedex from the pile and started fiddling with it. "Not exactly. It's just..." She sighed. "The trainer ban would apply to you as well once you leave. You, unlike most, will have a chance of returning home, but just be prepared to never step foot on Tervol's soil again. Uh, Name and age, please."

Elsie's tone was even, almost calculated. "Elsie Titanlia, age fourteen. I know. I knew this before I made the choice to start in Kanto. Does the registration here extend to Kanto?"

The Professor continued working on the Pokedex, briefly glancing at her as if she suddenly figured something out. "It should. You definitely won't be able to sign up for their league or the international league here. However, trainer licenses are wildly recognized. If I do remember correctly." She handed Elsie her Pokedex. "Are you sure you want to go to Kanto?" Elsie's face was emotionless as she gave a firm not. Professor Apple sighed. "Well then, since you're going to Kanto, can you hand my notes to Professor Oak? I would've given them to myself, but I've been so busy with all the new trainers."

"I suppose I can. I would also need to find someone to help me navigate."

"Thank you, just let me grab them. She sighed as she walked to a filing cabinet. "Wish they accepted my proposal for gym leaders to also do this," the professor muttered just loud enough for Elsie to hear. "But, nooo they're too busy officiating gym battles." She walked back over and handed Elsie a file and an envelope. "Do not read this. It's for Professor Oak. And hand him this note, too. He lives in Pallet Town"

Elsie took it and nodded. "Anything else?"

"No. Not that I can think of."

Elsie gave a smile. "Well then! I better be off! Don't want to miss my flight!" She put the envelope in her bag and waved the professor goodbye.

Three days later, June 21st (10 years ago) Viridian City, Kanto

Elsie got off the airplane, her legs wobbly from the long flights. Tervol only flew to Lumiose City, Kalos. While it was a bit... restrictive, that was the whole point of only flying to Kalos. Elsie considered stopping there, but she promised Professor Apple to deliver the letter to Professor Oak and her family had already paid for the Kanto flight ticket. So, she took the second flight to Kanto. Elsie was unsure which one was worse, but she knew she didn't really like long flights. She wished she would never have one again.

Elsie looked for a map of the Kanto region. She would definitely need one, not knowing the region too well. Tervolan schooling was quite bad at teaching foreign regions. The fairy-type trainer looked for a map, but she couldn't find one. She sighed as she left the Viridian City airport, carrying only the backpack that she had taken with her. Soon, she supposed, she would release either Fennie or Alvin. Maybe there was one at the Pokemon Center? There had to be, right? She was quite sure Pokemon Centers would look somewhat the same here, at the very least. After all, the Tervolan Pokemon Centers were built before isolationism was enforced in Tervol. Red roofs were the trademark sign. After aimlessly walking for a good while, she found the Pokemon Center. With a sigh of relief, she entered and looked for where a map could be. Although, she was quickly interrupted by a pinked-haired young woman standing behind the counter. "Do you need any help?"

Elsie looked at her, quickly assessing that this was an employee. No duh, she thought to herself, who else would she be? She calmed herself quickly before answering. "I'm looking for a map of the Kanto region. I'm, uh, not from here."

The kind nurse nodded. "There are some on that table over there," she pointed at a table near the door. "Feel free to take one with you."

Elsie smiled. "Thank you." She walked over to the maps and took one before leaving the Pokemon Center, looking at the map. From what she could tell, Pallet was south of Viridian. So, south it was! Give Professor Oak his note and stuff before continuing on with everything else. After a bit of time, she found the entrance to Route 1 and walked down it. Pidgey and Rattata kept popping up, causing Elsie to keep Alvin out and on alert. She trusted Alvin more. He was the Pokemon she had since she was a child!

After a good hour, she made it to Pallet town. Things didn't seem right as she looked for the lab, though. People were stressed. More than what she was used to. Asking for directions would probably be difficult, even if she was the sweetest she could be. Then she noticed an officer arresting some people in an uniform. What happened? She couldn't help but watch the scene as she walked past. Soon, an Alakazam appeared and knocked the officer and her police Pokemon before taking the uniformed people away. She stopped watching almost immediately. While a part of her wanted to help, she just wanted to get the request done with. Top priority, in her mind. After all, there was already a huge crowd there. Surely someone over there would do something. As she was thinking this, she eventually came across a sign that was pointing towards the lab. Yes! Finally! I should've never accepted this task. Then I would actually be doing something right now. Though, those criminals are interesting. I wondered what they did...

Elsie continued to make her way to the lab, Alvin on her shoulder. He couldn't be up there forever, and sometimes she wanted him off, but he wasn't too heavy yet nor was he too big. His tail was most of his body, anyways, and it hung down her back like a fluffy shawl dropped over one shoulder. As she approached the lab though, Alvin's ears perked up more and his tail now ran across her neck as he started to lean down towards her. He was getting nervous. Alvin, however, wasn't normally scared of little things. She had socialized him well and had introduced him to a few things. His species, although bred to become far more reliant on humans, were naturally skittish. Perhaps it is just a noise he is hearing or a smell he is smelling he is unsure about. A lot of Pokemon could smell and hear better than humans. It was just how they worked. It was probably nothing, though Elsie decided to act more cautiously to comfort Alvin. Maybe a head scratch as well, just enough to comfort him as she continued walking towards the lab.

Acacia Song
June 21st, 10 years ago.
Oaks Laboratory. Pallet Town, Kanto.

There were two thuds followed by a loud crash. The first was the sound of Windie slamming into his trainers chest as he dove to intercept the growlithe’s trajectory. The second occurred after Acacia’s catch proved fruitless and he too was sent flinging backwards into a laboratory cabinet. And finally the crash was caused by the contents of said cabinet spilling out and covering the ground in shattered glass and various research equipment.

“Is that all? You seemed so cool just a minute ago.” The words reached the crumbled Acacia in a most bitter symphony. The taunts were scored with the rhythm of the helpless Squirtle’s wails and punctuated with the haunting chimes of the Chandelure that floated next to the commander. Though, worst of all, was the tinge of genuine disappointment Acacia detected in her voice beckoning at the deeply repressed notion ‘you will never be enough’

The battle had been far more akin to a child flinging around a ragdoll rather than anything that resembled a fight. Flash Fire had nullified all of Windie’s ranged attacks, and every attempt to close the distance between them was met with an effortless deflection. The woman was simply toying with the boy, but she was beginning to bore as his endurance reached its limit.

“Wi-” He croaked, though his efforts to check in on his Pokémon were cut short as he choked on blood.

“Bahahaha, can’t even talk huh?” Her eyes flickered with excitement at the pitiful sight of the boy’s despair and she licked her lips with a sadistic grin. “You new trainers are all so annoying. A few years ago that Red brat and his friends take down a group of wannabe gangsters and now you all think you’re heroes or something? Delusional fools like you don’t deserve a place in an apex world.”

Chandelure’s eyes glowed a vibrant blue and an aura of the same shade soon enveloped the Growlithe, tearing it away from Acacia’s weak grasp so it was now suspended floating in the center of the room. Shards of glass began to hover as well, creating a lethal ring around Windie.

“Wait stop!” A surge of fear gave Acacia newfound vitality and he sprung to his feet, grabbing the premier ball from his waist and pointing it at his Pokémon. “Windie return!” He shouted, though his attempt to save at least one of the two was easily dismissed as the Chandelure rearranged the floating fragments to intercept the red beam.

“Seriously!?” The woman burst out laughing at the failed last resort. “That’s pathetic. If you want to save your puppy you know what you have to do, beg”

Huh? Beg?
It was an action foreign to the boy. Most of his life had been steered by an unwavering stubbornness and absolute refusal to submit to authority. His uncompromising nature was both his greatest blessing and curse. It had gotten him kicked out of school and rejected by his family, but it was also the origin of everything good he had. To submit and plea was an act in such opposition to his character on par with a total death of identity, yet for some reason the words hit Acacia like a beacon of light. Was it really that simple? Would she really let them go? He gave a genuine sigh of relief, unclenched his fists, and fell to his knees, hardly noticing the glass that cut into his exposed legs. “I’m sorry.” He pressed his head into the ground. The words seemed wrong coming from his mouth but he spoke them without a hint of shame. In comparison to the life of a friend, how small of a sacrifice is one’s own pride? “My name is Acacia Song and I’m begging you, please let them go.”

Acacia Song? The name hit the woman with an air of familiarity. Where have I heard that before…? She shrugged off the notion, figuring it wasn’t near as delicious as the sight of a groveling victim. “Very good, the boss said to keep a low profile so I guess I’ll let you go.” She flicked her hand and the Chandelure released its psychic hold, dropping Windie to the ground. Acacia ran to his partner’s side and held the puppy’s fur closely to his chest, feeling safe if only for a moment.

“But this squirt ruined some very valuable notes, I can’t let it go unpunished.” She raised her foot from the turtle’s skull, allowing Chandelure to replace her dominating position above the water starter.

“That wasn’t the deal! You said you’d let him go!” Acacia cried out in desperation. He had only acted under the impression that no more harm would come, giving up was not worth it if it wouldn’t save everyone.

“Oh shut up! The weak aren’t entitled to anything, just be grateful I’m letting you go. Dela, finish it.” She turned her shoulder to the boy and pulled out a device resembling a modified radio while Chandelure began to charge a shadow ball. “Sorry for the delay, there was a hiccup but I have the notes. Requesting an immediate extraction for Herja.”

Shit! I have to do something. His eyes darted around the room searching for any semblance of hope. There has to be something I can do… anything… wait, that’s it! The battle had spilt various chemical containers and tubes across the floor. Under different circumstances with unlimited Acacia would have preferred to extract potassium perchlorate from a standard container of bleach and fashion himself a flash bomb, but a spherical flask labeled ‘essence of gloom’ would be more than enough in a pinch. Herja may have proven herself the far more powerful trainer, but her confidence to turn away would offer the boy one last chance.

“Now Windie, flame burst!” He hurled the flask in between the opposing trainer and Pokémon as the Growlithe fired its attack, shattering the glass and scattering embers and potent spores in every direction. It was his final gambit, and thankfully one that paid off. Chandelure’s attack faded away and it collapsed to the ground trapped in a deep slumber.

“OH YOU LITtle sh-” Heljar spat with a hellish ferocity, though she too fell victim to the spores and began to collapse before she could finish her sentence. For a moment, Acacia thought he had emerged victorious- that he had captured the enemy and justice would be served- but a shinning light engulfed her and chandelure, transporting them away before her proud head hit the floor and leaving Acacia alone in a lab with two now slumbering Pokémon.

Holy crap. It actually worked. Thank Arceus. He smiled for a moment before another thought set it. Wait, if I’m still here are they gonna think it’s my fault?

Ezio Farello - June 14th - Grand Lake Hotel, Sinnoh

"It's been a couple years since I participated in contests, but I do remember when I got second place by a single point difference. I used Excavate for it, as he was bound to make the biggest impression on the judges. I admit that my Performance Stage was not super stellar, as Excavate was quite nervous, but I absolutely nailed the Battle Stage. I was facing a Kangaskhan, which put up a decent fight, but an Earthquake was enough to take it down. As the score was being tallied, it turned out that my mishap in the beginning cost me the ribbon. I did eventually get it, but I was not amused at the moment and neither was Excavate." Ezio told Kaden, scratching Etna in her neck.

----------

Nicole Newman - June 10th, KENN HQ in Motostoke, Galar

Nicole accepted the bag, making sure not to jostle the equioment inside. As Lara offered to go to Route 3 to practice, she nodded. "Sounds good to me, I work better without a lot of people to distract me. As long as Rotom does not decide to break the equipment, I have no complaints. Cassidy will remain in her Poké Ball until I am sure of the fact that she won't lash out at anything." The woman explained.

Rick
Tuesday, June 14th - Relic Castle, Unova

Rick continued to search for a way out of the room they were currently in, although the room was seemingly empty. There were a few pokémon around, mostly Sandiles and Yanmasks who made these ruins their homes, but none of them really posed a threat contrary to what Rick had been told. In fact, most were quite skittish. Rick eventualy spoted another sand pit, and with no other conventional exit in sight, he came to the conclusion that, just like the previous one, this would be it. Both he and Iris stared at each other. "Ladies first." He told her. Iris shook her head, nudging her trainer to go ahead. "Oh, but I insist." Rick said, as he started pushing her into the sand pit. The mare had enough and grabed Rick by the collar, just to drop her flailing trainer at the sand pit.

After Rick landed on the lower floor, and after spiting some sand out of his mouth, Iris followed suit, causing more sand to fall on her trainer's head. "Who hired the people that decided this system would ever be a good idea?" Rick commented, before Chris spoke on the headset. "I don't think those sand pits were part of the original building. It's much more likely they're just a result of deterioration. May I remind you how old the castle is?" This however wouldn't make Rick feel any better. Soon after, they were greeted by a duo of Krokoroks, although it wasn't the good kind of greeting. Rick got up on his feet while the Krokoroks made small steps towards him and Iris. "Nothing to see here, guys. Go home." Rick talked to the crocs, while Iris splayed her legs in anticipation for them to attack. "Umm, Rick, this is their home." Chris mentioned.

One of the Krokoroks lunged at Rick with bared fangs, just to get shoved by Iris. The other one then went to attack Iris, but it too got kicked into a wall. Normaly this would be enough show of strength to deter wild pokémon from attacking. However, these Krokoroks hadn't seen enough. "Damn, what the hell." Rick muttered, as the crocs regained their composure. Iris started pawing the sand, trying to deter the pokémon to attack again, but to no avail, as the Krokoroks started running towards her once again. "Heat Wave!" Rick commanded. Iris let out a whinny and tossed her head up, releasing a burst of hot air that buffeted the two wild pokémon and repeled them. "Are we done?" Rick questioned. The Krokoroks struggled to get up, but eventualy did get back on their feet. "Oh, you gotta be kiding me." Rick exclaimed. The Krokoroks then burrowed underground, presumably attempting to attack from below.

Rick hoped onto Iris and jumped to a higher section of the room, before they ran through a staircase and leaving the persistant foes behind. "Those guys took a High Horsepower and a Heat Wave to the face, and they were still standing. What is this curse." Rick talked, as Iris walked down the stairs, with her ears moving in all directions, atentive to any atempt of ambush. "Right. Their behaviour was also kinda strange. I could expect this kind of aggressiveness from a Krookodile, but not from Krokoroks." Chris commented. "Well, depending on how long these hunters are messing around these parts, I guess their aggressiveness is justified at least. But I don't expect this level of endurance from wild Krokoroks." Rick stated.

Sorrel Markson
June 21st (10 years ago), Pallet Town, Kanto

Before Sorrel knew it, the battle was over. The scrappy fire type who had come to his aid had helped the other boy in turn, and before he knew it the Riolu landed a finishing blow. The thieves' Pokemon were defeated, and seconds later law enforcement arrived to restrain the crooks. Sorrel was almost left breathless by the whirl of events; the chase, the battle, and now the arrest. They had successfully stopped criminals... just like the Silent Legend had. Sorrel couldn't help feeling a little excited, but he was also shaking with adrenaline and mild fright now that he was not as solidly focused on making sure the thieves were stopped.

In the last minute or so a small crowd had gathered, including an older girl who claimed to be a reporter and began asking the other boy for an interview. He seemed to accept, and finally Sorrel could stop referring to him as 'the other boy'; it turned out his name was Rob. Rob Dean. As far as Sorrel was concerned, he was doing quite well with his impromptu speech, although he found himself freezing in place when Rob called attention to him. In theory, glory was a good thing, but being suddenly put in front of a camera after an admittedly strenuous act of 'heroism' left him feeling like a Deerling in the headlights, unsure what to do or say or whether it was safe to move. Rather than saying anything, he simply gave a shy wave as Rob's speech continued, and continued to stand there until a thought struck him. His eyes widened, and he ran through a small gap between two people. He muttered an apology to one as he bumped into their leg, but he didn't pause. He needed to check on Boots and make sure he was okay.

His partner was still ingrained, unable to uproot himself for the time being. However, he seemed pretty healthy overall, aside from the vines that were missing or ripped. Those would heal and regrow before long, though, and Sorrel breathed a sigh of relief as he finished giving his partner a once-over to make sure there were no serious injuries he'd missed. Boots made a slight whistling noise, and Sorrel grinned. "I'm glad you're okay, Boots! You did a really good job holding them back for so long, and I'm sorry you got hurt..." He paused for a moment, and during the moment of relative quiet one of Boots' intact limbs slipped around his arm, and squeezed slightly. In the background, a certain reptilian eyed the two before returning her attention to the crowd and the boy who had acknowledged her achievements on the battlefield.

As Sorrel began to poke at the ground around Boots' roots to see if he could help his partner un-anchor himself, the volume of the small crowd swelled. Turning his head, Sorrel caught a glimpse of Officer Jenny on the ground with one or two people reaching to help her up, and for a fleeting instant he saw a roughly human sized Pokemon, primarily yellow with hints of brown, before it vanished with a brief glow. He rose to his feet, eyes widened, and hurried back over to Rob. "Wh- What happened...? Where did the thieves go?" he asked, voice quavering ever-so-slightly.

Qinalla
(10 Years Prior) June 21st, Pallet Town, Kanto

Qin was no interviewer, but she thought the boy—Rob, as he introduced himself—did pretty well. He cut a gallant figure, impassioned with a reckless, selfless, self-assuredness that one might call righteousness. She almost didn’t have the heart to reveal the truth.

A closer look at the gathering crowd revealed a hotchpotch of housewives and househusbands and a band of expressions that ranged from irate, to mildly confused and even curious. The sudden fuss in their town was the initial draw; however, as the boy gave his impromptu speech, they were all too happy to play along and join in the applause.

It was all too soon.

A boom-boom-boom in the near distance whipped Qin’s attention away from the target of her mock interview; she could see billows of smoke rise over the housetops, “Uh oh...”

Qin had thought these men were some petty criminals, but petty criminals didn’t commit acts of terrorism; these were terrible, horrible, no good, very bad men; and, not a moment after she’d reached that conclusion, as an Alakazam abruptly teleported onto the scene. A pulse of psychic power sent Officer Jenny went flying into the crowd; it all happened too fast for Qin to react, and in a dimension-distorting twist the criminals were gone.

Qin stared dumbly for a moment, stunned; but then, as Officer Jenny released a pained groan, she snapped to action. She rushed over to attend to the Officer, hands on a pokéball as she did so, “Al-Khemia, Life Dew!”

Out came her little Hattrem, shivering from the chaos around them, but releasing her fairy dew nonetheless. Officer Jenny came to after a few moments, no worse for wear after her treatment.

Qin frowned, a show of sour dissatisfaction. But there was no time for the fluppy wuppies! She looked around and already she could see more members of the Pallet Police department arriving on-scene, things would be fine here but in her earlier survey, she could spot other locations that billowed with smoke, most prominently of all—Professor Oak’s lab!

“The Lab!
The lab is smoking~♩
There’s an old man in trouble~♪
There’s an old man in trouble~♪
There’s an old man in trouble over there~♩”

Qin rushed ahead in reveling sing-song, the heroes at her back—or so she assumed. They weren’t too big and they weren’t too tough, but if they worked together they’d have the right stuff!

"Second place is nothing to snuff at. I've lost plenty of ribbons to mistakes or inadequacies and the small ones can really begin to stack up quickly. It's a fierce competition, even amongst intermediate coordinators," Kaden commented and petted Erebus on her back, being mindful to stay away from the red markings on the back of her neck.

"What pokemon is Excavate, if you don't mind me asking?"

"As much of a trouble maker Rotom may seem like, they wouldn't do anything malicious. They're just.. very energetic," Lara said trying to reassure Nicole that her pokemon would do anything malevolent. They did like to play tricks, yes, but not to hurt people or pokemon.

"Um- but the route's scenery should provide more interesting film subjects than at the network office if anything," the photographer then continued wanting to try and keep the conversation lighthearted yet somewhat professional. She then began to walk through the city to the nearby Route 3, walking past Budew Drop Inn and crossing the brick bridge. The scenery in Galar was absolutely stunning and Lara couldn't wait to hopefully explore and try to capture the scenery around her in her pictures. Not to mention that she would love to snap some photos of some native Galar pokemon- oh but she was getting ahead of herself.. Just get through this day and then you're free to explore for a couple of days. Hopefully at least.

Soon enough the rocky scenery of the route welcomed them with the dirt road stretching to the processing plant being up ahead and then leading to the Galar mines, "Alright. Here we are,"

As Desmond set up his tripod and placed his camera upon it, other members of this growing group seemed to arrive and some of them even seemed to give intros after himself. Though it had been the comments of one trainer, the guy who introduced himself as Shiro, as he asked Desmond to share his collage once he had completed it with them.

This had genuinely caught Desmond by surprise, as he presumed nobody would have much interest in his passion project especially the more battle oriented trainers in this group, but this sort of desire had made Desmond feel...happy, not that he had the ability to explain why.

"Suppose I can arrange something to whoever still has interest when I am done with it." Desmond answered back, and actually had a rare smile on his face before he listened to other coming intros and worked to adjust the lightning for his shots.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Robert Dean
June 21st, 10 Years Ago
Pallet Town, Kanto
When Officer Jenny was blown back by a mysterious brown and yellow Pokémon, who also released the recently arrested crooks, all celebrations regarding the boys' heroics swiftly ceased. Rob's eyes were first fixed on the wounded officer before switching over to the escaping crooks, one of them even having the gall to gloat about their stroke of fortune. His gaze rapidly switched between the two groups, the gloom of the recent events setting further into his mind with every second he watched. Rob could feel the teardrops welling up, and now having his victory sadistically snatched away from him, he lacked the strength to hold them back.

Mith looked at his partner with a frown, intimately understanding how he was feeling yet lacking the means to truly spur him on. Sensing sadness wasn't unfamiliar to him, seeing children cry over not getting their way, but every attempt at consoling a downcast individual that he witnessed ended in failure. Mith knew that he couldn't fail Rob in this moment, which ultimately led him to doing nothing. To distract himself from his inexperience, the Riolu found his gaze fixed on the pillar of smoke erupting from the Pokémon Laboratory. He immediately thought to get Rob's attention, repeated tapping the red-haired boy's leg until he took notice.

Through teary eyes, Rob found himself staring at the grass below him, the breeze doing nothing to calm him. His thoughts were broken by the quivering voice of his new acquaintance, who asked him about the escaped thieves' whereabouts. Rob recognized that his peer felt confident in coming to him, perhaps operating under the assumption that he held the answers. Of course, he didn't have the answers, he didn't know where the thieves went, he didn't know what that Pokémon was, and he didn't know what to do now. Unable to offer a response to Sorrel, Rob simply turned away and cried to himself, closing himself off from the world by crying into his knees.

Mith staggered at this display, overwhelmed by the sadness emanating off his trainer. Now teary-eyed himself, the Riolu forced himself to try again, aggressively tapping Robert's kneecap. Fortunately, this attempt yielded results, as the crying child fixed his gaze on the burning laboratory with a shocked expression. Robert's mind immediately went to Acacia and Windie's safety, as well as the safety of everyone else in the laboratory. Knowing what had to be done, Rob hesitantly stood up and wiped his tears, nodding to Mith before turning to Sorrel.

"We have to help those guys in the lab. Let's go," With downtrodden determination, Robert and Mith jogged towards the Laboratory. The Bulbasaur who had helped them before soon found himself following the red-haired trainer without knowing the reason behind it. Rob noticed the reporter girl ahead of him, seemingly singing a song about the smoking laboratory.

What's wrong with her..?

Rick
Tuesday, June 14th - Relic Castle, Unova

After walking down a quite long stairway, Iris stoped as she cut the corner and saw a row of square holes along the wall. Rick raised an eyebrow. Iris carefully took one more step forward, and almost immediately backed it off and raised her head straight up, as a small spear darted off the hole, only making a shallow cut under her neck. "Obvious traps are obvious. They didn't even try on this one." Rick commented, before dismounting. He then grabed Zephir's ball and sent him out, before turning to Iris, holding her ball in his other hand. "If you don't mind, I would feel more confortable if you would stay out for this section. I'll call once we get to a more suitable area." He told Iris. She nodded before being sucked into her ball. "Alright, boy! Watch your steps going forward." He said to Zephir. Not that it mattered anyways, since the cat was too small to be hit by the spears and Rick simply crouched under the holes. In fact, the Leafeon triggered them all.

"Meh... a part of me wanted them to not be triggered, just in case those fools decided to come through the same path." Rick mentioned, looking back at the stairway. At the end of the stairs, they arrived at a room full of sand, with a door half covered by it. The room seemed empty, but as they've learned from previous rooms, looks can be deceiving. And indeed, as Rick and Zephir walked towards the entrance to the next room, a group of three Sandslashes dug up from the ground like zombies. "Oh, great! More angry residents." Said Rick, crossing his arms. One of Sandslashes curled and rolled towards Zephir. "Iron Tail!" Rick commanded. Zephir hardened his tail before slamming the incoming Ground-type back. A second Sandslash leaped and tried to slash Zephir with their claws, but the Grass-type parried it with his tail. The third Sandslash burrowed underground, while the other two rushed towards Zephir with their claws glowing. "Leaf Blade!" Rick ordered. The leaf on Zephir's head started glowing, and he slashed both foes with a swing.

Meanwhile, the other Sandslash emerged from the ground, striking Zephir on his chest and knocking him back, though the Leafeon backfliped to landed on his feet. Rick gritted his teeth before sending the next move. "Razor Leaf!" Small sharp leaves scattered from Zephir body, before darting towards the trio of enemies. The Sandslashes winced as they got pelted by the leaves, but once the flurry was over, they simply shrugged it off and started sharpening their claws. "Alright, what is wrong with these pokémon?" Rick asked, before sending out Pearl, too. "Helping Hand and Hydro Pump!" He commanded to his pokémon. Pearl's orb started glowing as she formed a whirlpool in front of it, at the same time that Zephir transfered his energy towards the Dragon-type. She then fired a huge torrent of spiraling water at the group of Sandslashes, forcing to burrow underground. The force of the torrent was strong enough to shake the area, causing parts of the ceiling and more sand to fall off. "Boy, you might have exagerated!" Chris exclaimed from the headset. Rick recalled both of his pokémon, ran to the exit, and crawled through the small opening.

Now in an apparently safe room, Rick panted before replying to Chris. "Seriously, what else could I've done? May as well just beat them at once with a high powered move than getting into a battle of attrition." He said, as he got back on his feet, dusting off his clothes. Iris jumped out of her pokeball to look at her trainer. Rick looked back at the entrance, now completely covered with sand, and sighed. "And I sincerely hope there's an alternative path to the surface. Finding the Meteonite won't do any good if I can't actualy take it out of here." He muttered, while petting Iris's forehead.