• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Ron Towers

"Well screw what people think. You have your Pokemon's back and they got yours. That's all that matters. You're doing this for you, not for the crowd. If they got a problem, they can try and submit a complain through me." Ron felt the old lady's proud gaze on him, but he tried not to turn around. "Gwen's doing pretty good actually, I can't remember the last time I was that small starting my league challenge."

Ron clapped his hands loudly and shouted, "Cobalt, show them who's boss!"

Luz snuggled against Fluffy's tail, meowing with delight at the soft feeling of the puffy tail.

Azumi Towers-

Azumi waved at Lily as she left along with Oracle. She then turned to Monty and followed him outside. There were several places around them, it was the capital of Kalos, so there was plenty of variety. She looked at Monty, biting her bottom lip, trying to make an appropriate recommendation.

"You strike me like a restaurant bar. There's great food and sometimes they have nice music on. But, I have to admit... I'm terrible at this kind of things, so I trust your judgement on this "

Nakano Saito​

Date: 1 Month Ago (26 years old); June 17
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Hanu the Infernape, Yuki the Froslass, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Orochi the Zweilous, Silenus the Sceptile

Interactions: Ron Towers and Luz the Espeon (Hecotoro)
Mentions: Gwen Tucker and Cobalt the Piplup (IDKWhatUserNameToDo), Gardenia and Roselia

For JoyPaws~

Naka smiled warmly at his words, yet the anxiety within her held back most of her acceptance. She wanted to let those words sink in, but she just couldn't accept them. At least, not yet. She pulled out a PokeBall, the roughened sphere with scuff marks and burned spots that just wouldn't wash off passed over her fingertips. "I don't do it for myself. I do it for my Pokemon. To make them better than they possibly could be by themselves. So when I do need help, I can fall on them and let their strength carry me into being something better than what I could be by myself. Even those who don't like fighting as much, they understood that it's to protect. All of this, the league challenge," she paused as she looked up and over at the gym's battlefield. "All of this is just a benchmark of strength and strategy, but it's for fun, as well. It's far better than going through dire straits where one of us could potentially die." She muttered, sighing as she was taken back. She looked at Fluffy, who was busy now cleaning and grooming Luz's fur with his tongue.

"The hell are you doing with your Pokemon to have a near-death scenario?" An ungodly annoying voice could be heard behind them. Naka ignored it. "An adventure should be fun, not filled with horrors. What are do-"

Naka whirled around, a vile tone dripping out like venom from a hungry Seviper. "Mind your damn business, lady." This lady was significantly younger than the older lady Ron was having issue with. She sat a ways away from the older lady, and she was wearing a pastel blue dress with what looked like a gardening apron over it with smidges of dirt here and there. Like she just came from her garden to watch the gym fight.

"But you choose to go on those adventures with your Pokemon, so are you-"

"It's my god damn job to go into dangerous areas because someone has to do it. My profession is the reason why every single one of you know what a fucking Bidoof is, even more so a god damn Garchomp without being terrified of them." Naka spat, her body halfway turned towards the lady. Her body tensed, keeping herself sitting because if she stood up, she was going to deck this priss right off the benches.

"What good will that information do if you die? What will be the fate of your Pokemon then? Leaving them to suffer?" The younger lady's eyes narrowed, as if trying to find any holes in Naka's words.

"Hey, I don't have a god damn death wish! What's your deal?? I have prevented the likes of Team Rocket and Team Galactic from laying root here for years. If it weren't for me, you wouldn't have your goddamn garden or your house." Naka's hands clenched, teeth gritting.

"Are you a veteran?" The lady asked in shock.

"I might as well be, and you're being awfully pretentious and condescending for no reason." Naka was itching to stand up, Fluffy's ears drooping and being protective of Luz.

Reginald Valerias​

Date: June 2
Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus
WCS Rank: 69,989

Interactions: Adrianne Silvers, Ace the Spearow, and Aqua the Azurill (Godjacob)

One by one, Emeric, Large Marge, and Missy all got turns to be out of their PokeBalls to eat before being returned again. Elvira was the only exception in staying out, and eating the food, and then plopping herself on the booth beside Reggie, resting on her side with a content coo.

Reggie did also know they needed to do an accuracy test. He didn't know if that specifically meant Water Gun, but he hoped Frillish knew it. He was sure it did, but that meant getting a rather young Frillish. Reggie's sudden drop into la la land had scared Adrianne, and he felt kind of bad for it, especially so when she suggested he sleep. He hummed contemplatively, but it sounded too playful. "MMMmmmmmm, no." He grinned wide, eating his food with a stupid grin. "My sleep schedule is always out of wack." He made sure to not talk with food in his mouth. He was raised proper after all, his table manners coming out now. Straight back, keeping elbows off table, and not talking until he was done with whatever was in his mouth.

"Been out of wack for years. Since I was ehhhh... Sixteen, I think. No, probably younger. Either way." He shrugged. "I'm not going to give up just because some stupid nightmare won't let me sleep. Nor do I like taking breaks for myself either. But since you want me to take care of myself, ugh," he playfully groaned with a sarcastic tone, rolling his eyes and then laughing a little to show he was joking. "Once we go fishing though, I'll definitely take naps, haha. Just so you don't keep telling me to sleep." He laughed, hoping that persuaded her to chill.

Soon, he was done eating, and he began fishing for his wallet. Thankfully, he had it. Well, he thought he did. "Uh... Wheeeerrre diiiiiid mmyyyyy waaaaallet gooooo.....?" He drawled out, purposefully being slow in his speech as he tried searching for his wallet. He was about to panic until Elvira floated the wallet out of the bag without even looking, making Reggie laugh. "Man, I don't know where I'd be without you, Elvira." He snatched it out of the air and pulled out his card. "Would have been bad if I left it back at the center." He chuckled, scratching the back of his head.

"Uhm... That isn't the first time it's happened." He sheepishly laughed, checking the plates to make sure they were empty and ready to go. He even began to stack the empty bowls together. "Y'all ready?" He asked once he was sure Adrianne and her Pokemon were finished.

Last edited:
~Aldon Charlton...~
~Skol the god, Bran the bronzor, Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~
~Yellow Island, July 19th...~

Aldon looked over at Aldon. Desmond who didn't quite seem to match Aldon's confidence. Which was fair, and while confident Aldon was, truthfully, he was a good actor. Or he'd make a great one. Putting on a brave face to go distract a large imposing pokemon seemed like a bad idea. If he were to go out there and stop this thing, he might as well believe he could do it. He then grinned.

"Keep that skepticism healthy then. If something goes sour in the plan, someone's gotta have a level head" Aldon said. Wunder was ready to carry kricketune again, and Bran was looking at the waves, mentally preparing itself to go back out to sea again. thought about bringing out Zippy, but Zippy was an electric type, and that could be a double edged sword. Aldon decided to leave Zippy in it's pokéball but kept Zippy in mind in case they needed an ace in the hole and the others somehow managed to fail.

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Skol, Bran the bronzor,Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~
~Abyssal ruins, June 16th...~

After a few minutes of searching around corners, Aldon had figured out a few directions were dead ends, but he wasn't sure when he'd reach the end of the maze or how far he would have to go to get out. He also had no clue how much further this ruins would take him, but he continued. He looked to Wunder who could increase the speed of their searching. Aldon grabbed Skol with one arm, and held on tightly to Wunder with the other, and gave commands verbally. Commands like 'Go left, 'Turn right', keep going straight or 'turn around'. It was still a slow process but they were narrowing the tunnels down considerably. They had also made it a noticeable distance into the maze.

~Briar Hightower...~
~Briar Pokémon: Grafaiai/Baba(F), galarian wheezing/Puff Puff(M), tentecruel/Maggie(F), Revavroom/Hemi(M), clodsire/Claudia(F), smeargle/Frida(F)...~
~July 2nd, Lumiouse Kalos...~

Briar stood there for a few moments. The people in Kalos sure weren't like the people in Galar. In too much of a rush, but Briar had better things to do than mope around. She decided she'd keep enjoying the sights and scenery on her own. Battle a few people. Maybe visit the Battle Chateau. Make enough money that she could buy some fancy clothes from Lumiouse City. Her eyes sparked with joy. Maybe buy some clip on roller skates while she was there. She could learn some roller blade tricks alongside her dance moves. She was set! Kalos adventure here she comes!

~Briar Hightower...~
~Briar Pokémon: Grafaiai/Baba(F), galarian wheezing/Puff Puff(M), tentecruel/Maggie(F), Revavroom/Hemi(M), clodsire/Claudia(F), smeargle/Frida(F)...~
~Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago, June 2nd...~

After the battle, Briar did her victory dance there in the street. Spun around, kicked her leg in the air, and spun again before striking a pose. Baba back flipping off Briar left shoulder and landed on her right shoulder. When she headed to the beach, she got changed to a more beach comfy outfit. She wore a tamato themed bikini with a blue and orange floral matching pair of shorts and unbuttoned shirt on top of that. She had yellow sandals to complete the look. Baba was wearing nanab berry shaped sunglasses on her forehead.

She had her other Pokémon out too. Baba and Frida were making a sandcastle and painting it blue, purple and orange. Claudia was mostly buried in the sand. Her eyes poked out and you could see part of her back sticking out. Hemi was zooming around, making tracks all across a small portion of the beach. Puff Puff was under an umbrella relaxing, and Maggie was out in the ocean enjoying a swim. Briar was laying under the umbrella with Puff Puff, toes in the sand. It was nice relaxing, but all things would eventually come to an end. Maybe in a bit, she'd do some Pokémon battles. First it was good to let her Pokémon relax a bit. They earned a break.

Hana Ikarry
June 17th
Etenra Gym, Sinnoh

Hana sat in the audience, watching the battle down below them. Only a day ago had she won her own battle against the gym leader, Gardenia. She happily sat watching what the trainer fighting her might do in her battle. It was always interesting to see what others would do. It was one of the simple joys of life, seeing other responses to the situations. She played her little guessing game of trying to guess what moves the trainers would command their pokemon to use. It was a simple yet fun game that kept her mind sharp while in her own battles.

In the seat right next to Hana sat her servine Majesty and her noibat Hertz. The two pokemon looked rather content though Majesty looked disgusted at the little noibat drinking a can of soda it had convinced its master to get it. Hana hoped someone would eventually make a soda for pokemon so she wouldn't have to worry about the creature's health. The noibat held the can out to the servine happily, suggesting it take a sip, but the servine just looked like he would throw up and turned around, looking rather annoyed. Hana put her hand out to scratch Majesty's head, who afterward seemed rather content.

As the battle continued, Hana judged the choice of pokemon. Who brought a water type to a grass-type gym? She wondered, Well, this girl, I guess. She leaned back and stroked the back of her munna, who had in her lap—feeling the short fuzzy coat of fur rub against her hand. The rest of the world didn't matter right now. Hana was relaxed, and her pokemon were relaxed. What else could you want in the world?

That was what she thought until now when she felt Levy, her munna, start digging her head into the crook of Hana's arm. She looked down and stared at the rather unhappy munna. She stroked her back slowly, wondering what possibly could make Levy so upset. She was safe, and so were her pokemon. So why so sad so suddenly?

"Loud... Mean... Danger..." The words existed only in her and Levy's minds. The munna seeing Hana, wouldn't understand her unless she shared her thoughts outright. She chose to tell her telepathically.

Hana grumbled. Who was choosing now to pick a fight?! There was already a fight in the gym going on! Who needed two battles' at once, whether physical or mental?! Hana scanned the audience until she noticed two people near her seemed to be yelling. That was at least what she could tell from their mouth movements. One was a woman with a pale blue dress and a gardening apron. She had no clue what she was saying since she was a few seats away from her, and her exaggerated mouth movements from yelling weren't helping either. Maybe Hana could figure out more if she looked at the other person. She looked over and saw a rather frightening-looking woman with some sort of shaved hairstyle wasn't a mohawk but reminded her slightly of one. The woman's face had scars on it. She tried to read this woman's lips next, staring intently, trying to figure out what was happening, but honestly, she didn't care. The only thing she cared about what that people were scaring her munna, and she didn't like it!

Hana slowly nudged Levy off her lap and stood up. She apologized to two people she had to pass by but quickly was near the two arguing women. She placed her hands on her hips and glared at the two, "Would you two stop fighting!? Some of us are trying to watch the battle! Plus, you are making my munna anxious, and I would rather not see my pokemon in a panic because two people can't keep their mouths shut for two minutes!" She exclaimed at the two, looking rather annoyed. Hana's speaking tone was somewhat different from the usual voice of others. It had a hint of strangeness to it that was hard to describe. Her words were also somewhat choppy as she spoke. Her voice also sounded as if her nose was stuffy, which it wasn't. It just sounded like it.

Hana's glare deepened as she watched the two with eyes like that of a talonflame, and her munna hovered behind her, looking quite panicked.

Gwen Tucker - 17th of June - Eterna Gym, Eterna City, Sinnoh
The two attacks collided with a tink. Trying to recover from the parry, Cobalt didn't have time to dodge the oncoming poison thing and was hit in the shoulder. Gwen grimaced, hoping that her starter wouldn't be poisoned and luckily he wasn't. The attack just stung, but no lingering burning sensation remained. The glow of Peck still remained on the Piplups beak as he took a few steps back.

"Pound! Deflect attacks with your beak if you can!" Gwen yelled and while it wasn't super effective, it was a move that Cobalt was more proficient in. The words of Naka telling her that her Piplup had a knack for physical moves sounded in the back of her mind. Piplup wound his little flipper back and aimed to strike Gardenia's Roselia right in its torso.

It was ambitious for Gwen to think Cobalt could deflect attacks with Peck, as it carried its own set of risks among other things, but there was no harm in trying, right?

Montagne Khastil
July 2 - Lumiose City, Kalos

"I'm a restaurant-bar kind of guy, eh? I usually skip the restaurant, but I think I know just the place." All Monty knew was he was hungry. Where they ate didn't matter as much, as long as it wasn't a place the Old Guard didn't collect on. Where were they again? His gaze swiveled from Vernal to the left, to the distant Estival Avenue to the right. Yeah, he could make that work.

Monty led the way down Vernal Avenue, his head held high as he maneuvered through his element. He knew the crowded streets like the back of his hand, and knew the side streets and long alleys even better. They reached their turn in no time, a side street about a quarter of the way up Vernal, and in another couple of minutes of walking they reached an unassuming few steps down to a plain black door. An old wrought-iron sign was nailed into the bricks above; "Flotantes Floettes."

"Here we are." Monty announced as he descended down the handful of steps. "The lunch food's great, but after five this place's only good for the drinks." One of his large, scarred-knuckled hands gripped the doorknob and swung it open, holding it for Azumi and Nana. "After you, mademoiselle."

Ron, three times world heavyweight champion, Towers. June 17th, Eterna City.

"Whoa whoa!" Ron stood up, holding his hands up. "As much as I like to see this blonde woman get heated up, I think we all need to take a step back." Ron looked at the woman in the blue dress, "Lady, you need to mind your own business, trainers ain't perfect creatures, we all make mistakes." He then turned to look at Hana, "I don't know why we have a member of Daft Punk here, but there's plenty of room here so your Pokemon doesn't get bothered." He finally looked at the old lady, "You! We can fight outside after the battle, speaking of..."

Ron turned around, watching Cobalt go toe to toe with the Roselia. "Finish it Cobalt! Own that Roselia, show it who's boss!"

It was odd, but Ron for once was being the reasoning voice. He expected this from everyone else in the building except him, yet here he was, trying to stop a possible Naka beat down on these local citizens.

Azumi Towers- Lumiose, Kalos - July 2nd.

"Merci Monsieur." Azumi bowed her head as she walked in, while Nana ignored Monty with her head held up high.

The place was simple, but the costumers in it seemed satisfied with the food, and that was more than enough for Azumi. She found a table near a window and after having to convince Nana to get into her PokeBall, she was finally sitting down and trying to figure out what to eat.

"Anything you could recommend?" She asked Monty, looking around the place to see if anything others were eating peaked her interest. "Do they have lemonade? I could really use one, oh! How about a Diabolo Menthe? Maybe we can ask for their specials?" Azumi listened to what she just said, something as insane as getting a random meal made her shook her head, "That's silly talk. I'll have a Breizh Cola and do they have chicken?"

Montagne Khastil

Monty intentionally placed himself in the seat facing the rest of the restaurant, his eyes fluttering between the sparse lunch crowd in search of possible threats. He felt vulnerable without Oracle by his side, like an officer patrolling without a taser on his hip, and even though Azumi was plenty strong enough to handle anything that came up the criminal was restless all the same.

Might as well enjoy the meal. "The skillet chicken's déliciuex. I've had it before, crispy skin but the white wine sauce keeps it juicy." Monty scanned the menu to find his own choice, but he wasn't quite sure what he was hungry for. Chicken? Eh...no. No beef options for lunch...fish it was, then.

"I'll go for the grilled salmon," the criminal announced as he set down the menu and picked up the wine list. "With a glass of the grenache." Azumi's choice of beverage came to mind, so he asked, "Do you drink?"

"Oh that's a good choice." Azumi looked at the menu one more time, but decided to stay on her decision. Monty's question had her thinking for a few moments, before answer, "You mean alcohol? I rarely do."

Azumi put the menu to the side and sat up straight, placing her bangs behind her ears. "I only do it on special occasions or to celebrate something." She paused a bit, the memory of her father not letting go of the bottle during the worst time of theirs lives flashed into her mind, but it wasn't the place to be thinking of such things. "But when I do, if I get a saying on it, Pineau Des Charentes is my choice. Et toi ?"

Nakano Saito​

Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Hanu the Infernape, Yuki the Froslass, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Orochi the Zweilous, Silenus the Sceptile

Interactions: Ron Towers and Luz the Espeon (Hecotoro), Hana Ikarri, Levy the Munna, Majesty the Servine, Hertz the Noibat (JoyPaws)
Mentions: Gwen Tucker and Cobalt the Piplup (IDKWhatUserNameToDo), Gardenia and Roselia

Naka, in her rage, hadn't noticed that she was bothering anyone else. So, when a young girl with dark indigo hair came over with a Munna hovering a bit behind her and yelled at her, Naka had a double take. She watched the girl in front of her, the glare not really affecting her as she's seen scarier. But it was the sound of her voice. What accent was that?

Was she deaf?

It sounded like it. Luckily for Naka, her mother being a nurse had aided her in learning universal sign language. Of course, she's a bit rusty. What she ended up doing was making a 'b' handshape and snapped the side of her pointed index finger towards her chin, then pointed at the gardening lady. When she pointed at the gardening lady, she made a twist and an upward motion. She basically called the gardening lady an "insulting bitch", and she grinned.

The gardening lady knew it was sign language but didn't understand what was said. "What are you telling her now?"

Naka ignored her, instead using more sign language. Her hand motions were measured, but quick, as if she's done this plenty of times before. Well, almost. Her hands stopped as she tried to remember what the symbol for it meant. She put her right hand - palm forward - to the right side of her head, meaning "think". Then, she pointed to herself, mouthing out "I'm". Next, she put her fingertips of her right hand to her lips and swept her hand down and away with the back of her hand facing the floor, meaning "bad". Then she touched her forehead with her pointer finger and then swung it facing forward for "for". She paused, then she made the 'a' handshape and brushed it on top of her left pointer finger for "training". She pointed to herself and mouthed out "my" and then pointed to her Pokemon, the cheering Pichu, mouthing out "Pokemon". Finally, she made the 'difficult' hand sign which also meant 'hard', by bumping her fists a couple times on top of one another while forming hooks with both her index and middle fingers on both hands.

She basically just said "She thinks I'm bad for training my Pokemon hard" in sign language, and Naka felt immediately proud of herself. Then, she formed the 'a' handshape and did some rotating motions over her chest, saying "sorry" and then pointing to her Munna and Hana. Then, she pouted, like she didn't want to cause any issues with anyone else.

She did find it funny that Ron had to be the reasonable one, so she reached for his arm and lightly tugged him down. "Hey, it's okay, I'm fine now." She turned to Hana, explaining what Ron had told her in a more succinct and less insulting fashion, telling her in sign language: "He's saying if you move away from us, we won't bother your Pokemon, but it's difficult with your Munna, isn't it? We're not dangerous to you, as you're not our enemy." She then pointed to Gwen and made a hand motion to denote "friend", and she pointed to Ron and herself. "First gym battle, couldn't get more Pokemon because of prideful Piplup. Lucky she got Deino." With Deino, she had to spell it out.

Before the gardening lady got to get a say in, a Pokemon released himself from his PokeBall, the PokeBall Naka was holding in her hands still and looking over it with fondness. The 6'03" Sceptile stood tall and imposing, glaring at the gardening lady with narrowed eyes, making her shut up. When he looked on over at Hana, he tilted his head and smiled, waving, then sat right behind Naka in the bleachers, leaning over and resting his head on hers. Naka pointed to herself and spelled out her name in sign language, just "Naka". She did the same for Gwen and Ron, spelling out their names, then she asked her what her name was.

To go from yelling to conversing with someone near silently was a feat Naka didn't think she was capable of, but she wanted to make sure the girl was comfortable and she had no ill will towards her just trying to make her Pokemon feel safe and comfortable.

Gardenia​

Date: 1 Month Ago; June 17
Pokemon Team: Turtwig, Roselia

Battling: Gwen Tucker and Cobalt the Piplup (IDKWhatUserNameToDo) vs. Roselia

The commotions on the bleachers melted away in her ears as Gardenia focused in on the battle, watching as the Pokemon were now fighting each other in melee combat. She grinned, finding this cool, but her Roselia wasn't really trained for close quarters combat like this. The melee Poison Sting was just to dissuade physical attackers, but it seemed like despite the Poison Point and rapier-like Poison Sting, that wasn't stopping the Piplup. The Pound had made its mark, but only on the buds Roselia put in front of herself, the attack making her slide back.

Gwen's plan was to do as much damage as possible before sending out Deino to clean it up. Clever. She might actually win.

Gardenia grinned. "Good job, I think I see your plan now. Really clever, despite the disadvantage. Be careful though, you might want to consider going ranged as Roselia has Poison Point. Make anymore contact and you'll definitely get poisoned." She called out, helping Gwen a little bit and maybe even making her hesitate on her plan. "Roselia, Leech Seed, then Poison Sting." The Roselia cooed and fired off a sapping seed covered in vines, aiming to land on the Piplup and sap his energy. Right afterwards, she pointed both of her buds at the penguin and fired off a short burst of poisonous, purple needles.

Last edited:
Adrianne Silvers (Normal Class: 96,094)
Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago (June 2nd)

"O....kay..." Adrianne mused blinking a bit as Reggie in, well what she'd only be able to describe as the "Reggie" way seemed to downplay the concern she had. He seemed to mention having these issues for years which, had been a bit of a downer update in all honesty but he seemed to be at peace with things as he assured her he would take some naps when they went out to fish which she figured was about the best she'd get out of him. One thing was clear, they needed to find some solution to these nightmares he had, and she had been sure there was something they'd be able to do in this wonderful Pokemon world.

"...if you say so, I do admire the flair you always offer." Adrianne said with a smile, as she reached for her own wallet as she realized she had not had too much money, though her couple WCS bouts did help her net enough to pay her half of the tab once she finished up her meal and also had spare funds for the finding rod. She retuned Aqua and Ace once they had finished up as his partner seemed to help him find his card which she found cute as they went to pay their bill while he asked if they were ready.

"Oh yeah, let's find ourselves a good fishing rod!" Adrianne declared with her usual pep as she led them out of the store and began to look around the town, she figured if a fishing shed was to be around it'd be close by the beach and sure enough as they walked in that direction what seemed to be a fishing shed was ahead of them and almost with the literal puff of cartoon smoke that came when one dashed at high speeds she raced to the counter and gazed upon it with wide eyes.

"Wow, such a wide selection!" Adrianne smiled, though she had enough sense to keep her eyes on the more common, less expensive rods as she just needed something that could serve her well here. Aqua already could use Water Gun so she had no concerns there, but she needed to make a catch of something with surf as she tried to find the best rod for herself...

Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto (July 19th)

Kricketune seemed to move on top of Wunder as it got comfortable and prepared itself for the ride and nodded to its newfound friend in arms of sorts. "Tune!" Politoed of course seemed to keep by Desmond as the frog looked at the colossus and seemed ready for their part to take it down as Desmond seemed to nod to Aldon's words.

"Suppose so..." Desmond mused, his eyes shifted from the massive Blastoise to Esther now as he wondered how they'd coordinate this little operation of theirs. Whatever the idea for distraction was it had been too late to back out now and for better or worse this was to be an experience Desmond had been sure not to forget...even if he'd desire to do nothing but that.

Hana Ikarry
June 17th
Etenra Gym, Sinnoh

Hana had to blink a few times. Was she seeing this? Was the lady signing to her? Actually, signing to her? Hana had this mixed feeling of excitement and fear. The fear of being babied again and- Wait, no... this lady wasn't babying her. She was talking to her and didn't seem to baby her. It was insane! She was treating her like an actual person and not a helpless baby!

Hana glared at the gardening lady and then quickly went back to watching the blond woman's hands. She watched as she explained what had happened, apologized, and introduced her to her group. Hana liked this Naka! She smiled a bit. Hana's munna seemed to relax and happily floated behind Hana.

Hana closed her hand into a fist except for her thumb and pinkie finger letting them stay out as she made a motion forward with her hand signing the word "that." She pulled her hand into a fist, putting it to the level of her head, pointing her pinkie finger out and pulling it back in and pointing to her chin and making an arc motion with her finger pointing out making the word "is." She then ended the sentence by quickly signing the word rude.

Hana glared at the woman in the gardening apron as if emphasizing how rude she thought the woman had been. She quickly faced Naka again and signed "all" by making a rotating motion while her hand was flat and then putting it into her other hand. She continued to sign "is." Then ended by making a quick petting motion to the air over her other hand, signing, "forgive," which basically meant she had signed "all is forgiven."

Hana put her hand to her chest and then pointed her pointer and middle fingers out as she knocked the fringers on each other before signing "Hana." After introducing herself, she quickly introduced her munna, Levy. When she felt something grab her leg.

Hana looked down at her leg and saw her noibat hugging her leg, still holding the soda can in one wing. Hana quickly introduced the noibat known as Hertz and then saw her servine Majesty making his way over to her. Which meant Hana had to introduce him too. She thanked Naka in sign language, "Thank you for using sign language to talk to me. I may be skilled in lip reading, but it's extremely difficult from a distance."

Hana was about to head back when she saw her seat had been taken while she and her pokemon had left and let out a sigh. She sat near the new friend she had made, and the pokemon sat down next to her or on Hana's lap. Majesty, this time decided it was his time to sit on Hana's lap, and munna just sat in the seat next to them, letting Hertz sit on her back.

Majesty looked over at the giant sceptile disapprovingly. This sceptile was far too tall to be near him! He stared at the sceptile like he was trying to scare him off even though Majesty the servine was only 3'0, which was rather tall for a servine.

Last edited:
Gwen smirked as Cobalt managed to land a hit. Just a bit more.. to increase Ozzy's chances of picking up this win for them. The Penguin pokemon continued to evade his chances of being poisoned. Though, it looked like Gardenia was switching up the fighting styles by going ranged with her Roselia. Even with Gardenia's warnings, Gwen remained adamant in her strategy.

Gardenia's next series of moves could be bad news for her. Leech seed was something she saw often being used in battling tournaments among other places, so Gwen knew what it did. The seeds landed on Cobalt and vines sprouted out to restrict the water-type and the Peck's glow faded.

"Cobalt!" the young blue haired girl yelled in worry as the Poison Sting hit him next. Still, no poison. The vines from Leech Seed were also weakened from the poison-type move and that's when Gwen saw an opportunity, "Cobalt free yourself from those vines!" she yelled out, unsure to call any specific move, but she trusted him to figure out what was best here. She knew he was self-sufficient and could think on his own. Cobalt cried out a determined little 'Pip!' as his beak glowed again and elongated itself and began to peck away at the vines. He continued to try and wrestle out of them as well and in mere moments he was free and shook off the seeds, only having a small amount of health sapped away.

"Yes! Good job! Now charge!" Gwen called out and pointed at Gardenia's Roserade. Cobalt ran into full sprint to hopefully land his first Peck that would damage the grass-type.

July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto. Reina, I fought a Machamp and won, Cortez. Current rank, 34,107

"That's it?" Reina looked in the direction of the big Blastoise. "Just knock it down? Okay, I can do that." With a confident smirk on her face, Reina ran over to the water, jumping on to her Lapras once more. "I'll go after the left leg, I'm sure Storm is heavy enough to take it out."

The Lapras let out a roar while her trainer grabbed on the her neck. Peque the Swampert swam by their side, ready to follow Reina into the depths of the ocean. With a swift wave at the team, Reina and Storm submerged underwater.

They swam towards the location of the Blastoise. The Pokemon had been very hard to fight so far, but it wasn't invincible. If they worked together then they for sure should have a clear victory over it. As the bottom half of their target came into view, Storm increased her speed.

"Body Slam it!"

Lapras let out a cry as it took a second to gain some momentum and then charged directly at the leg of the giant turtle. If they were to hit it, Storm's 200 Kilos would collide with full force against the left of the Blastoise. Hopefully, someone else was following up with the plan, otherwise it might just not work.

swampert.png

lapras.png

clefairy.png

hawlucha.png

lombre.png

scyther-f.png

Montagne Khastil

As a man leaving things unsaid himself, Monty picked up on Azumi's pause after she mentioned leaving alcohol to special occasions. It wasn't surprising, the woman gave off a by-the-books vibe anyway, but the look that flashed through her eyes made him think there may be more to it than being a goody-two-shoes.

"Pineau's good, I enjoy a white with seafood. If they have it, I usually get a glass of cabernat sauvignon with a meal, and if not that a merlot." Salmon was his only exception, for which the criminal preferred a grenache. "If it's a night for celebration, though, you can't beat a Unovan whiskey or bourbon."

Just as Monty finished, a waiter approached the table with pad and pen in hand. He was a younger man, with short black hair and beady eyes, and he spoke like he was annoyed that he had to get off his ass and wait their table. "Bounjour, bienvenue à la Flotentes Floettes. What'll you have to drink?"

Monty relayed his own order and added that they were ready to put the full order in, prompting a roll of the waiter's eyes.

"Oui, and what'll you have?"
"The grilled salmon. Vegetables on the side."

The waiter scrawled the order down as Monty fixed his narrowed eyes on him. He was about to pay this guy, so the least he expected was a little respect. Where did he get off?

Without noticing Monty's gaze (which annoyed the criminal even more), the waiter turned to Azumi. His face softened, and a smile spread across his lips. "Et toi, mademoiselle?"

Ron, I need a drink, Towers. June 17th, Eterny City.

Ron shrugged, whatever gang signs those two were throwing, he didn't really care. What he did care about was, the gym battle. He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees and focusing on the fight. Cobalt had a great move to get the victory, but of course Gardenia was prepared for it. Still, the way the little penguin was going for an up and close fight, kinda reminded him of... well him.

Ron began moving his leg, desperate to see if Gwen was going to actually pick up the win. Even Luz's attention was on the fight now, snuggling up against Fluffy, but her senses were focused on the sounds coming from the Piplup. She was even using Calm Mind, to block out the audience near them making a scene.

"Come on Gwen!" Ron called out, for some reason, worried about seeing the young trainer lose.

"The skillet chicken's déliciuex, recommended by Mister Montagne, I trust his judgement on it." Azumi gave Monty a proud smile and turned her attention back to the waiter, "To drink, do you have any Breizh Cola? If not, any type of lemonade will do. May I ask if you have any desserts of the day? I'm not usually one to gamble, but I am feeling daring today."

She turned her attention back to Monty, "So, speaking of celebrations, would you care to share which moments of your life are worth celebrating? Any joyous occasions you've experienced in your life?" As she spoke she passed the menu to the young man attending to them, "Thank you!" She said with a happy tone before focusing on Monty again. "I'm curious about the kind of life people grow up in, sometimes that reflects on who they grow up to be."

Montagne Khastil

"We're serving chocolate pots de créme today." The waiter accepted Azumi's menu with a smile. "Let me know if you'd like one when I bring your meals, s'il te plaît." He took Monty's menu, too, and added, "I'll bring your drinks right away." With that he left the pair, and a brief silence overtook the table as its male occupant mulled over the woman's question.

"Well...I've been working odd jobs with my uncles since I was a little kid. Even when I was younger it felt good to be part of the crew, and we always celebrated a job well done when we were finished." Monty left a few details out about what kind of jobs they were, and calling the other beaux voyous by family titles came naturally since they always used those kinds of codenames.

What else could he talk about? An image of Michel flashed through the criminal's mind. "One of my uncles is a gambler through and through, so the first time I beat him at poker was satisfying. Of course it's gotten less-so over the years, he's a lousy card player." Monty cracked a grin as he thought about the older man's tantrum after that first win. Antoine still brought it up whenever they played, to Michel's irritation and Monty's mirth.

"Another uncle of mine, he always looked out for me. He was more of an older brother, really, closer to my age than the others. I was a street kid growing up, always getting into trouble, y'know?" Monty's hands subconsciously rubbed together, his fingers brushing against the scars on each of his knuckles. "He was there to bail me out more often than not."

The waiter came back with their drinks, gingerly setting them down before heading back to the kitchen again. Monty sipped his dark-red grenache lightly, and asked, "I'll think of more, but those are some big ones. Et toi? What does the lovely Ms. Azumi have under her belt?"

Last edited:
Azumi Towers-

"Wow..." Azumi tried not to laugh, but she couldn't help let out a giggle. "I'm sorry, has anyone ever told you, that you sound like one of those actors in Mafia movies?"

She looked up with a smile as the drinks were placed in front of them. The bubbly drink was fresh and Azumi couldn't help but sigh with satisfaction. Then she noticed his hands, her curiosity rising, but Monty threw the conversation back to her.

"Oh, well, celebrations, hmmmm." She looked at her own hands. She knew she had done some great academic achievements, but she never really celebrated them. In fact, she didn't recall the last time she was part of one...

"Oh! I know..." She spoke as if she had been called on by a teacher, "So, when I was little, me and my sister wanted to surprise our parents. We got up early and sneaked into the kitchen. We spend, what felt like hours, making pancakes from the instructions on the back of the box. When the house cook walked in, he got really upset, we made a terrible mess, but my sister has a way with people. In the end, he helped us out, we brought it up to our parents and they were very happy. We played and watched movies all day." She took another drink from her soda and looked at Monty. "May I ask, and feel free to not answer, what happened to your hands?"

Montagne Khastil

A tinge of rose flushed into Monty's cheeks. Were his stories that outlandish? She wasn't that far off, but maybe he should've just kept his mouth shut. Another sip of wine went down the hatch as Azumi told her own story, and he was surprised by how relatable it was.

A forgotten memory drifted into his mind, of little-kid-him and Jacques preparing a big breakfast for the girls at the brothel one afternoon. Sure, the house cook was replaced by a brothel cook and the loving parents were replaced with cooing working girls and the shrill Madame, but the feeling sounded about the same. He'd keep that story to himself, though.

"Sounds pretty carefree." Monty commented when she finished. "Makes you want to go back to those days, eh?" His small smile drooped a little when Azumi asked about his hands, and he had to stop himself from withdrawing them from the table. No taking that back, she'd already seen them. Would it hurt to tell her a bit about it?

The criminal's hands folded, subconsciously covering his knuckle scars as he explained, "Like I said, I was a street kid. My family are good people, but they had their hands full with one thing or another most of the time. Kids like that, we tended to group— and tended to get in a scrap or two."

Monty unfolded his hands and spread the fingers, examining his scars before placing his palms flat on the table for Azumi to see. "I haven't managed to rid myself of the trophies, yet." He gave a small shrug before folding his hands again.

Last edited:
Azumi Towers-

Azumi looked at his hands and looked impressed by the story. "So, you're a fighter? Well that's very interesting. I know a bit myself, kick boxing, the only thing I didn't ace, but it's mandatory to know some self defense. I can hit people in their nose." She took another sip from drink, "That's about it. My sister's the athlete, I'm the brains."

"I have to admit, it's really fun knowing a fellow citizen. May I ask, why have you stayed here so long? Have you ever considered traveling?"

Esther
Tuesday – Afternoon July 19
Ogi City – Beach, Whirl Archipelago
Johto Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Halay-Alae (Houndour), L’ Basseau (Surskit), La Bamba (Shellos) In Esther’s care: Feebas​

“Uh...I don’t really know what you or your pokémon can do so you’ll kinda have to figure it out?” Esther’s head tilted to the side. She had a rough estimation of Eveline, Reina, and Naka, having seen them battle at various points but Desmond and Aldon? As far as she knew their battling experience was zero. “If you want to stay with Gene...?”

She let the rest of her offer hang in the air for a moment, “Or...”

Esther waved to draw Desmond’s attention to her bird-powered glider. Her intent was obvious.

“Ima deck it in the schnoz, wanna come with?”

$5330

Pokéflute

PokéToy

Practice Ball

Seal Case

Everstone x 1 – $15,000.00

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 19 (26yo)
Location: Yellow Rock Beach, Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Aero the Aerodactyl, Hattie the Hatterene, Silenus the Sceptile, Yuki the Froslass, Tochi the Parasect

Interactions: Blastoise, Esther (kyuukestu), Reina, Peque the Swampert, and Storm the Lapras (Hecotoro), Eveline and Revengeance the Pawniard (GQuasch), Aldon, Wunder the Sigilyph, and Bran the Bronzor (ThAtGuY101), Desmond, Politoed, and Kricketune (Godjacob), Rick and Iris the Kantonian Rapidash (Ridge)
Mentions: Dominance the Honchkrow, and Disorder the Malamar (GQuasch)

Desmond's yelling from earlier when she had told them to get to the beach amused her. She watched as Desmond, Aldon, his Sigilyph, and the floating Politoed and Kricketune courtesy to Bronzor flew back down to the beach. She was going to get Eveline, when she spotted Eveline on her Honchkrow looking down, return one of her Pokemon (probably her Malamar from what Naka could guess), and flew back after being hit with a Water Pulse, tumbling into the sand and having to return her bird.

Wow, this was a mess.

As Naka went back, she heard the absolute squabble from the poor girl. Her Pawniard was still in there?

She looked back towards the Blastoise, then at everyone else around her. Reina looked ready, Aldon seemed a bit miffed that they hadn't started making a plan first until now, Desmond was worried beyond belief about something, and then a Water Pulse hit nearby. Mmm, lovely.

Meanwhile, Hattie had given Iris plenty of fire from her attack, hoping to fully complete her transformation, which looked absolutely splendid. She continued to fire more Mystical Fire on her, until she was sure Iris didn't need it anymore, whether by her own observation or Iris letting her know.

The guy with the mutant Rapidash had Naka snorting at how he handled Eveline crying about the Blastoise, but knew he likely didn't realize anything about her Pawniard. Then, Esther spoke up, then sang. She wasn't expecting a musical, but she caught that it was likely one of those foreign island's culture. She recalled Oblivia existing, but she's never been there. So, the gist in this entire thing was, not play safe, but dangerously because they were already in danger.

Made sense, she guessed.

Then she said her plan was to flip the turtle over. She closed her eyes and smiled in slight a grimace when Esther mentioned it was as easy as knocking over a building. It made her chuckle, actually. Her Sceptile deadpanned, but her Aerodactyl was busy panting and lolling his tongue out like a dog Pokemon. Esther wanted Reina, Eveline, and Naka go together and sweep that beast from its legs. She returned her Aerodactyl for now, not wanting to tax him any further. "Right, we won't. Hattie!" She called, the Psychic/Fairy-Type finishing up with Iris before retreating to Naka, returning to her side.

"Hattie, I want you to put as many Play Nices on that thing as you can to lower its attack. I know it's not a battle-ready move, but we need it to ensure our safety for when it uses Rapid Spin again." She pulled out her Swampert and Wishiwashi, the little sardine being held in Swampert's cupped hands. "Mudster, when we get close, I want you to use Growl. I know it's something you haven't used in a long while, but we desperately need it. When we actually get to the leg, I want you to use Strength in tandem with Waterfall and just imagine the leg as one big boulder. I want you to push it back. Iwa, I want you to use Tearful Look and Growl while we get to it. When get there, I want you to use Bulldoze on the ground to make it easier to push the legs out by making the seafloor smooth. Hattie, once this thing's Attack lowers enough, use Aromatherapy to get rid of its Burn so the others can put it to sleep. You'll be playing support for them, so if they get hurt, use Life Dew and Heal Pulse. Use Light Screen to make sure those Water Pulses don't hurt as bad." She said this loud enough so team distraction knew they had her Hatterene on their side.

She looked at Esther, Rick, Aldon, and Desmond with a smile. "You four have her for support. She'll get rid of its burn to give you guys enough time to hypnotize it. I see four Pokemon capable of using Hypnosis and Sing, so I'm sure you guys can put it to sleep if that's what you're going for. Let Hattie know when you're gonna put it to sleep. Good luck."

She looked back at her Sceptile. "I will return you and then release you in the water. I want you to use Frenzy Plant and push it on its shell while making the ground uneven and pulling back on its legs. I know you have a lot of stamina in you, so create a sort of small wall to give us time to swim out between its legs so we don't get squished." With a nod, Silenus disappeared into her PokeBall.

She then turned to Eveline. "I'll help you find your Pawniard. It's likely he's around the legs. We'll make sure he's safe, too."

It seemed that Desmond wasn't too keen on Esther's way of giving information, but she hoped that remedials to the plan will help get Esther and the group on board. She watched as Reina left on her Lapras with her Swampert. With Mudster and Iwa heading into the water, with Iwa transforming into her schooling form, Naka put the aqua-breather back on her mouth, put on her goggles, and grabbed a hold of Mudster as they plunged into the water, taking the right leg.

As the group got closer, Iwa swam off to the side and breached the surface to stare at it with Tearful Look, then send out a Growl. Hattie floated herself and anybody else who needed the hand with psychic energy and flew towards the Blastoise. When she was close enough, she made adorable noises to instill friendliness and lower its Attack, the move coming out in a light white wave.

As they swam around the leg to get behind it and push, Mudster's fists glowed a bright white as he charged forward with the power of Waterfall, slamming into the ankle to push it. Right as Mudster did so in tandem with Reina's Swampert, Iwa slammed the seafloor with her tail, making it smooth so the feet had no traction. Naka sent out her Sceptile through the beast's legs, who immediately slammed his fists into the seafloor, creating large thorny vines that pushed against the under shell and grabbed its legs painfully to aid in the Swampert's pushing. In doing so, the vines slithered up and dug into the leg sockets of the Blastoise, deterring it from pulling in its legs. More vines sprouted from behind Reina and Naka, making a sort of pocket to slow Blastoise's descent. The push from the falling Blastoise might as well push them out of harm's way anyway, but it didn't hurt to try. The vines also gave the Pawniard a way to escape if he's inside the shell.

Meanwhile, Hattie judged this thing's Attack, waiting to use Aromatherapy so they may hypnotize it.

Last edited:
Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto (July 19th)

Desmond blinked a bit as Esther and Naka seemed to have two different approaches to motivation; with Esther offering the condescending but honestly tempting offer to just sit back with Gene or join the fight and "prove" themsevles as Desmond just sighed. Honestly it had been past the point of return now and he had forced himself/been guilted this far already so against better judgement he seemed to see it through. Naka seemed more encouraging, as she seemed to address himself, Aldon and their group more directly and even suggested operation snooze to them as they planned to remove the burn. Well, if only that had not been a thing to begin with this might've been over already!? But Desmond held his breathe and nodded.

"Kricketune, listen to Aldon and when the moment comes use Sing when you can get close to Blastoise and the burn is removed." Desmond advised to Kricketune who nodded and remained close to Wunder as he and Politoed moved by this little glider Esther had on hand as he and Politoed moved in postion and with the ultimate look of resignation he seemed to pass a scowl to her.

"Alright, whatever suicidal idea you have...I'm ready to be dragged along for it." Desmond the ever motivated hero mused as he tried to settle his heartrate as the mutual plan to take this thing down had began.

Montagne Khastil

"You must be the brains, keeping up with school and the academy. I'm don't think I could do it." Monty took another sip of his wine as Azumi asked her next question, and his face screwed into a slightly puzzled look.

"I haven't had a need to, I suppose." In truth, the thought of travel hadn't ever crossed Monty's mind. He was content in Lumiose, with the life he'd built for himself. "I've got enough going on here to keep me here, and calling a city like Lumiose home makes no two days feel the same."

Yeah, he had enough going on to keep him there. Monty didn't need to travel, didn't need to get around more. He saw enough of the region while he was on jobs, like he technically was right now.

Monty told himself that, and yet the image of Santalune Forest lit orange by yesterday's sunset was burned into his brain. Twenty years in Kalos, his entire life, and he hadn't seen something like that before. He always had too much going on here.

The criminal gaze had wandered, and he snapped back to reality after the couple seconds of silence. "Désolé—" He apologized. "—But even if I were to travel, I don't know where I'd go. What about you?"

"Suppose so indeed" Aldon responded to Desmond. He looked over at Naka who seemed to seem friendly and optimistic enough to believe in their hypnotism strategy. Aldon nodded. He looked over at Esther who wasn't particularly good at instilling confidence in others. Not very good leadership material, but he respected her honesty at least.

"Someone's gotta keep these guys alive" Aldon said gesturing towards Reina who went full blown Leroy Jenkins, ditching the intended plan. Aldon nodded at Desmond.

"I'm guessing your ready then. Aldon said holding onto Bran. Bran would float over the water, but keep enough distance that if blastoise actually managed to try attack them, it could toss him and anyone else with him out of the way of the attack. Their plan was to get Wunder with Kricketune still on its back close enough to put blastoise to sleep and hopefully fall on its back after the burn was removed.

"Ready?" Aldon said turning towards the ocean.

Azumi Towers-

Azumi listened attentively, what he said made sense, if he didn't need to travel, why do it?

"Me? Oh I've been around. My last trip was to Paldea, have you heard of it? That's where I caught Lily." She recalled the region with big long fields and the great school located there. "I really recommend it."

Azumi took another sip from her drink and then pushed it a bit further away. She felt guilty enjoying it without having started her meal yet. Then what she feared mostly in a social situation happened, she didn't know what else to say!

"The weather is nice today..."

Nakano Saito​

Interactions: Ron Towers and Luz the Espeon (Hecotoro), Hana Ikarri, Levy the Munna, Majesty the Servine, and Hertz the Noibat (JoyPaws)

Naka took the girl's surprise with amusement. Oh, that was pretty funny, but it also let her know how uncommon sign language was. Seeing the girl and the Munna get better emotionally, she chuckled and nodded, agreeing that it was very rude and bowing her head as is culturally appropriate in Sinnoh for 'thanks'. She paid attention to when she signed her name and said her name aloud. "Hana, Levy... Pretty names." She signed her compliment, then noticed the little Noibat and the Servine beside her. Was the Noibat carrying a soda? Hopefully it didn't get too painfully gassy. She waved at them, learned of their names, and signed back with a 'you're welcome' to her thanks in using sign language. She then noticed Hana was going to go back to her seat, only to stay with her.

She cleared the spot beside her to allow her to sit down with her Pokemon, chuckling at the look her Servine was giving her Sceptile, who peered over at the Grass-Type and gave a goofy smirk. She introduced in sign language Silenus the Sceptile, Chu the cheering Pichu, and Fluffy the Flareon, pointing across from Ron, and then introducing Luz the Espeon for Ron, even noting that Luz was blind.

She signed her questions while uttering what she was saying under her breath: "How many badges do you have? How old are you? I have sixteen, eight from Hoenn and eight from Sinnoh. I'm going for the prestige badges and I'm going to be battling next. I'm twenty-six and a field researcher working with Professor Rowan and Lucas."

She turned to Ron with a chuckle, noting his distance with the signing. "She's deaf, hun. A bit easier to go all Naruto than having her play lip charades. I'll make sure not to hit you with a fireball." She teased, patting his leg. She watched Gwen's fight for a moment, finding the fight fascinating. She then looked back at Hana if she had anything else to say. Whenever Naka wasn't signing, her leg bounced in tandem with Ron's leg movement.

Fluffy watched the fight with interest, but found something in Luz's fur, so he had to lick it off. Chu cheered as much as she could, swinging her sparkling mitts into the air as she jumped and chanted in her squeaking. Silenus let out a slow clicking noise similar to a lizard's purr, his body tensed as he watched the fight. Despite having been in far more dire fights, watching the Piplup fight had him remembering when he was a Treecko, his muscles suddenly aching to move and jump into the fight. Not because he enjoyed fighting, but to protect the Piplup.

But that wasn't allowed, so he sit still.

Gardenia​

Battling: Gwen Tucker and Cobalt the Piplup (IDKWhatUserNameToDo) vs. Roselia

Seeing as Cobalt and Gwen didn't take to Gardenia's advice and not-advice, she smiled. Good. There was trust between Pokemon and trainer. And she was avoiding any water move usage. She was just so close to winning.

Gardenia had allowed the Poison Sting to make it easier to get out of the Leech Seed. She had caught several young trainers with that, testing their battle awareness and creativity. Some didn't catch it and they lost the fight or won with tenacity. But she watched with a proud smile as Cobalt freed itself of the weakened vines, only a minimal amount of energy having returned to Roselia from it all.

"Good job!" Gardenia praised. "Grass Knot!" This move was deceptively weak, as it was mostly based on weight. She put her buds on the floor and sent grass to trip up the Piplup. However, Cobalt was just too close by the time she did so, and she was hit with Peck, sending her backwards. Groaning, she managed to get up with some difficulty. This time, she pointed her buds at Cobalt. "Magical Leaf!"

Leaves surrounded with a rainbow hue flew out in a large cloud from Roselia's buds, hovered in the air in front of her. Then, with a twirl, the leaves homed in on the Piplup.

Gears have shifted, Gardenia was being serious.

Reginald Valerias​

Date: June 2
Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus
WCS Rank: 69,989

Interactions: Adrianne Silvers (Godjacob)
Mentions: Briar Hightower, Baba the Grafaiai, Frida the Smeargle, Claudia the Clodsire, Hemi the Revavroom, Puff Puff the Galarian Weezing, and Maggie the Tentacruel (ThAtGuY101)

Reggie beamed at the compliment, but pouted when Adrianne tried to help pay for the tab. Oh well, might as well make her feel like she was contributing, so he paid the other half. Once they left and were on the beach at the shed (with Reggie absolutely laughing at Adrianne's excitement, nearly choking on some sand in the process), Reggie looked around at the potential people nearby. There was a woman here, laying beside her Galarian Weezing, a Clodsire in the sands nearby, a lemur and a Smeargle making and painting a sand castle, a runaway engine zooming around, and a Tentacruel in the waters.

Well, he didn't want his attempts at finding a Pokemon be interrupted by the Tentacruel, so he had his Munna leave his head and sent out Missy. Elvira and the Misdreavus were to now watch over their area and protect it from any intruding Pokemon, as Reggie went up to the shaded counter to see a tanned man with some white stuff on his nose bridge. What was that?

He cheekily grinned and slid some cash to the man. "Can I have that one? Oh, and some bait would be good." It was a black and white rod that looked pretty sturdy for what it was. The man nodded, exchanging money and handing over the rod with some bait.

"Yep, sirree. What may I get for you, miss? Need help picking one out?" He asked, leaning on the counter as if he's been here for way too long.

Reggie leaned the rod against his shoulder and looked back at Adrianne, then the clerk with the sunhat. "We need good rods to find decently strong Pokemon without overwhelming us. We're doing the Orange League Challenge."

"Ahhh, then pick one of these." He gestured towards a selection where he picked one of Reggie's rods. Some of them had some wear, some more than others, but there was a good selection of decent rods. He set aside a helping of bait to aid in their endeavors.

"They're good for years of use. Can even handle a Gyarados tugging on these sturdy lines." The clerk yawned.

Reggie quietly spoke to Adrianne then, looking out at the waters. "There's a Tentacruel, so we should fish further from it to not let it scare away our catches." His Munna and Misdreavus floated over his head, staring at the sand, the water, the sky (Missy's expression was that of unamusement), and the fishing shed.

Last edited:
Hana Ikarry
June 17th
Etenra Gym, Sinnoh

Hana watched the woman's hand sign to her as Hana tried to ignore the servine trying to sit on her lap. Poor Majesty... He seemed to forget that he was no longer a tiny snivy and couldn't sit on Hana's lap without crushing her. The servine might have always given off a smug and better-than-everyone-else vibe, but in reality, he was incredibly attached to Hana and wasn't yet willing to give up his "sitting in Hana's lap" privileges. But Majesty wasn't killing her or obstructing her view, so she would let it slide this time...

The servine rolled his eyes at the sceptile, deciding that remembering its name was not of his top priorities. He returned to draping his neck over Hana's shoulders, looking content and much happier than he would have liked to admit.

Hana signed back to Naka, "I have one badge. I earned it yesterday at this gym," Hana pulled out the forest gym badge pinned to the inside of Hana's jacket. She then continued to sign a reply to the other question, "I am thirteen."

Hana watched Naka's hands intently as she told Hana about herself. Hana smiled. That seemed cool! She quickly signed back, "I'm planning to get all my badges and win the World Coronation Series!" The end signs were much faster, as if she was excited about talking about it. Which she was! After that, Naka looked at the man beside her and spoke to him? Hana wasn't sure, but it didn't matter to her! Hana turned her attention to the battle taking place.

Hertz was still sitting on Levy's back contently.

~Briar Hightower...~
~Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago, June 2nd...~
~Rank: 48,420...~

It was a nice relaxing day, but like any nice relaxing day, it needed to come to an end at some point. She had also heard some voices. She adjusted her sunglasses and looked around. Squinting her eyes as she watched some people attempting to fish, but Tentecruel was out in the water. No doubt watching and looking fairly intimidating. Maggie was there first, but Briar smiled. "Maggs. Maggs! Maggie! Scootch over. Stop hogging the ocean. Let them fish, gurl" Briar said. She laid back down, and Maggie rolled her eyes. She swam off.

"Wheeeez Wheezing..." Puff Puff muttered, looking down at Briar, whom did not budge an inch. The light reflected off her sunglasses. She turned to look at her phone. She got up. She got up and stretches, and squatted down then stood up tall. She let out a yawn before approaching the would be water pokemon catcher. Maggie stared at Briar from a distance, eyes barely poking out of the water. Hemi had now made a foot deep hole path in the sand as it moved across the sand so many times. He lunged himself Excitedly at Briar before being caught by his pokéball. Maggie was next. Then Puff Puff and Claudia. She left Frida and Baba finish their castle and returned Frida. Baba swung her arms in the air and chased two kids that dared step too close to her sand castle. That was hers and Frida's sand castle. She wasted no time giving those kids the bird. Briar angrily went over, grabbing Baba.

"Sorry, 'bout that. I hope Maggie didn't give you guys too much trouble. Ah hehehehe! The name's Briar Hightower. This bitch here is Baba" Briar said chuckling, playfully pinching Baba's cheek. Baba slapped Briar across the face for this. Briar grinned and stood there unphased by the slap since she was used to it by now.

Gwen pumped her fist as the peck landed, clearly doing a number on Roselia, but not without Cobalt suffering some damage as well from the vines that sprouted out from the battle field and tripped him over. It didn't seem to do all too much damage, luckily. Gwen took this as a sign that she was getting close to winning this battle, "Hang in there Cobalt!" she called out as then the opposing Roselia fired off multicolored leaves that slashed at the Penguin pokemon. There was nothing to be done as he fell to the ground, still trying to get up one, but then falling limp.

"Cobalt!" Gwen called out and gritted her teeth. She took out the Piplups pokeball and immediately returned him, "You did great, thank you," she said quietly before switching out to the Duskball and releasing Ozzy once more.

"Focus Energy!" Gwen commanded, her also getting serious. She wasn't going to loose after all the work that Cobalt and Ozzy put in. The small Deino took in the scents around him again as a faint aura glowed around him again. It was easy to pinpoint his opponent as she had such a strong, sweet aroma.

"Now Fire Fang!" the young trainer ordered as Ozzy's teeth were set ablaze and he rushed to attack the Thorn Pokemon. They had to win this.

Gardenia​

Battling: Gwen Tucker and Ozzy the Deino (IDKWhatUserNameToDo) vs. Roselia

Seeing Piplup go down, now it was all on the wire. Gardenia had a competitive smile, hands at her hips as she watched Gwen carefully. Not even an ounce of wavering confidence. Perfect!

Well, there might have been some, but it's a bit difficult to see from a whole battlefield away.

As Ozzy came out, Gardenia knew the Deino had that Fire Fang. So, with a Growth to make Roselia just a bit bigger and stronger while Ozzy was focusing, she got out another attack as the Dark/Dragon-Type charged. "Water Sport!"

From the buds, Roselia spurted water around the area, lessening the effect of Fire-Type moves. Not only that, there were now puddles and she was trying to fling the water from her Water Sport from her buds onto Ozzy. Not as an attack, but to take out the Fire Fang so she may make an attack.

Gwen watched on as Roselia sprouted water out of her buds. Well, that didn't bode well for the Fire Fang if she had to guess, but at least it wasn't a damaging move. Splashing water was another odd move, but all that Ozzy had to do now was to take out Roselia and the badge would be theirs. Deciding to play it safe, Gwen decided to switch moves, "Switch to tackle instead!"

The fire in the Deino's mouth was put out, both by himself and as water splashed onto him. Due to some accidental preemptive planning, Ozzy's hair also stayed in place instead of falling back onto his face. With this new command, the Dark-type pokemon increased his speed with some slight white energy around his body as he aimed to tackle down the Roselia, but started to slip a bit on the puddles in the battlefield. He still carried his momentum though, but had no way of steering his direction.

Gardenia​

Gardenia watched as Ozzy went in charging still, but switched attacks. "Dodge it." Roselia tried to lunge to the side, but she ended up getting grazed by the Tackle and slipped on a puddle, twirling about unsteadily. She managed to keep herself standing though. All of Roselia's moves besides one were not very effective against the Deino, so that left with one option. If she were to try and paralyze him with Stun Spore, it might actually help him in traversing the puddles, so she didn't want that. "Poison Powder."

Trying to walk in a strafe around the Deino, she pointed her buds at the dino, firing off a cloud of poisonous, purple pollen at him. Even though the powder's potency will diminish after it hit the water, just as long as the Deino got hit with airborne pollen, it was going to be fine. However, she just hoped Gwen didn't get smart with the puddles.

Ozzy managed to sort of land the tackle, but in him just gracing Gardenia's Roselia, he was poisoned by one of her toxic thorns. Tumbling over, the little Deino looked visibly ill. Now time was working against them, but that meant that Gardenia's Poison Powder had no effect on the Irate Pokemon.

"Hang in there Ozzy! Give Fire Fang another go!" Gwen said, just needing to do as much as damage as possible before Ozzy would go down from Poison. The Deino shook his head and took off into another sprint again as flames engulfed his mouth again, running with his mouth agape once more and let out an audible cry as he charged again at the Thorn pokemon. This was coming down to the wire and Gwen felt her stomach tie itself into a knot.

Gardenia​

"Roselia, dodge!" Now that the Deino was poisoned (too bad the Poison Powder was useless), she just had to stall this out. The Roselia tried to sidestep, but her foot slipped on the puddle and she fell on her back.

"Oh no! Poison Sting!" She yelled, clearly looking concerned. No way was she going to lose because of her own fucking WATER SPORT! The Roselia pointed her bud at the Deino, firing off a volley of needles, but her aim was a bit off, aiming more to the side of the Deino rather than head on. Panicking, she tried to roll away, covering herself in water so the Fire Fang hopefully didn't do too much damage.

But this Roselia wasn't as trained as her Roserade, and she still had so much to learn.

Montagne Khastil

"I've heard of it, but I don't know much. What's it like?" Monty set his own glass down. It was already half empty, and he didn't want to order another to drink with his food and end up with a loose tongue. "There still hard feelings there for us Kalosians?"

As if on cue, the waiter stepped through the kitchen door with a large tray. Finally, it was time to eat.

"For the lady, the skillet chicken—" With a soft smile, he gingerly set the plate of steaming chicken in front of Azumi.

"And the grilled salmon." The waiter dropped his smile and set Monty's meal in front of him. Was this guy serious? The criminal gave him a 'what the hell, guy?' look, but the waiter either ignored it or was oblivious.

"Will that be all? May I put in your dessert order, mademoiselle?"

The Roselia slipped again on the puddles that covered the battlefield and the poisonous needles that fired off from her buds only nicked at Ozzy as he continued to rush towards the Thorn Pokemon. The water would dull the effect of the attack, but Gwen hoped it would still do big damage. Or well, enough where another attack or two could possibly finish the job. She just didn't want to break Cobalt's trust so after promising that she'll win the badge and especially now after Cobalt had fainted and done his part in the battle. The young blue haired girl was so consumed by this battle that she wasn't noticing anything that was going on in the spectator seats and chewed the inside of her cheek.

Please Ozzy.... Hang in there just a bit more.

Azumi, I hope this guys isn't some criminal, Towers.

"Well I received a very nice welcome from them. I did love their uniforms. Oh, food is here!" Azumi grabbed her napkin and placed it gently on her lap as she smiled at the waiter and gave him a soft thanks. He even brought her a second soda!

"I do feel very energetic today, so yes please, I would love dessert. Mister Montagne, will you let me eat that chocolate delight on my own?" She gave Monty a playful smile, hoping he would join her so she wouldn't have to sit there eating while he waited.

Gardenia​

The Roselia tried getting up and stab Ozzy with the Poison Sting, but the Fire Fang hit. Despite Water Sport saving Roselia from the brunt of the damage, she was still weakened. She went to stab Ozzy with her second attempt, but the needle faded in her bud, fell, and she laid there limp.

Gwen did it. She won.

Hearing the crowd cheer, Gardenia chuckled and returned Roselia. "Your Pokemon fought hard. Good job." She approached Gwen, handing her the Forest Badge. "Here, you and your team earned it."

Ron, I tapped the next challenger, Towers - June 17th, Eterna Citym Sinnoh.

"Hell yeah!" Ron slapped his kneed and raised his fist into the air, "Good job Gwen, you showed that cocky flower who's the boss!"

He had been so absorbed by the battle, that he didn't even realized he pulled in Naka for a kiss to celebrate. "I'm gonna go with Gwen to the center real quick, get some snacks for your battle." He looked at Luz and pointed at Fluffy, "Behave."

Ron moved through the bleachers, fighting the incoming crowd for the next match. Once he broke through, he stepped out into the lobby, waiting for Gwen with his arms crossed, a smirk on his face. He was still feeling impatient, since there was a heavier match coming up and Naka didn't seem that confident in herself to actually win it. "Come on, before the hot dog stand gets too full."