• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Montagne Khastil
July 2 - Lumiose City, Kalos

"I wouldn't dream of it." Monty returned Azumi's playful smile and told the waiter to add another chocolate pot de créme, and the criminal could've sworn he got an eye roll in response.

"Two desserts, they'll be out soon." The waiter took his leave and crossed the restaurant to deal with some other customers.

If Monty was any hungrier he would've licked his lips like one of those old cartoons, and he immediately dug into his salmon. The crispy skin offered a little resistance as he pushed his fork through, but the meat beneath was flaky and tender. After the grueling four hours since breakfast, the taste of the fish was divine; faintly lemony, soft, and juicy. He should come here more often for lunch.

Monty finished his bite and took another sip of his wine, enjoying the mingling of the two flavors, and he could already feel his body warming up from the high alcohol content of the grenache. He set the glass down gingerly, and before he took his next bite he asked Azumi, "How's the chicken?"

Rick
[July 19th] Yellow Rock Beach, Whirl Islands - Johto
Sprite.png
Rapidash ♀ [Iris] | Ability: Solar Flare | Condition: Normal | Meteonite Energy: Moderate
Extremespeed​
Flare Blitz​
Heat Wave​
H. Horsepower​
Inferno​
Sky Attack​
Solar Blade​
Protect​

Rick facepalmed as one of the girls said she had a plan... but rather than going straight to the point, started singing instead for no reason. It wasn't even a good song either. Rick shrugged and started walking away. "Fine! I'll figure it out myself." He said, waving an arm. But then he ultimately turned back when the girl finally went to what really mattered. Basicaly, they would flip the turtle in its shell.

"That's it?" Rick said, rubbing his chin. He was pretty sure blastoises were able to use jet propulsion to right themselves up. Then again, that was the only plan they had, and the only plausible one available at the moment. With some luck, it would leave the Blastoise vulnerable long enough to give him such a hard beating he wouldn't be able to get up. One group with Water pokémon would try to tumble the turtle on its back, while the other would keep its attention away from them.

With everything set, people started heading towards the Blastoise to begin their assault. The naval group had started ramming the Blastoise's legs, trying to trip him offbalance. The airforce one also started flying towards the giant turtle to do their part. "Iris! Ready?" As Rick called, and much like in Relic Castle, Iris flared up and engulfed herself in flames, before spreading her wings as she let out a loud whinny. Rick grinned. "That sounded like a 'yes' to me!" He said. "Alright girl! Rush him!" He shouted, pointing at their target. With another whinny, Iris leaped off the building, then darted with extreme speed against the Blastoise's belly.

Gwen Tucker - 17th of June - Eterna Gym -> Eterna Pokecenter, Eterna City, Sinnoh
Gwen felt all tension in her body leave as her victory was announced. They did it! They really did it! As soon as possible, after she recovered from needing a moment to process her victory, she returned Ozzy to his pokeball and rushed over to accept the gym badge, "Thank you so much!-" she blurted out, grabbing it, doing a quick bow to Gardenia and running off. She needed to heal her pokemon! One fainted and one was poisoned and hurt. Gwen pushed past the crowd of people coming in.

She almost ran past Ron and barely caught him from the corner of her eye, "I need to go heal Ozzy and Cobalt!-" she just called out and sprinted out, making her way as fast as possible to the pokecenter. She had Cobalt and Ozzy in their pokeballs in one hand and her other clutching the newly won Forest badge.

"Hello, and welcome to the Pokemon Center!" Nurse Joy chimed before noticing the rush that the blue haired girl was in, "Is there an emergency?" the nurse asked, worried for a moment as Gwen stopped at the counter.

"N-no! I just won my badge and need my pokemon healed. Please be quick-" she requested, catching her breath a bit as she handed over a Normal Pokeball alongside a Duskball.

Nurse Joy let out a chuckle, now seeing that there was no true urgent matter, but nodded, "We'll be quick as we can. Congratulations on your win," she said and took off the two pokemon to have them be healed and be restored to tip-toe shape.

Azumi Towers- Lumiose, Kalos - July 2nd.

Azumi slowly started to eat her meal. Carefully slicing each section and making sure to flavor every piece before going on to the next one. She was so concentrated on her meal, that Monty's sudden question caught her off guard. Where they allowed to talk while eating? She thought it was a more informal thing people did. She carefully finished chewing, took a drink from her soda to clean her mouth and looked at him with a smile.

"Delicious! You made an excellent recommendation." Was he going to keep talking or should she go back to eating? "Mister Montagne..." She decided if she took the lead, she could eat while he spoke, "Have you and Miss Esther thought of a strategy for the tournament? I know Oracle is your ace and I remember seeing Esther's dragon in action, but I can't imagine them working together. In other words, I'm curious as to how are you going to make that work."

Ron, Fine I'll get the hotdogs, Towers - June 17th, Eterna City Sinnoh.

Ron watched as Gwen flew by, running towards the Pokemon Center. He shrugged and went to accomplish his second mission. He was starting to feel hungry, having only a smoothie in his stomach. The line was starting to increase though, to his annoyance, he stood in it, sighing and looking impatient.

"Gardenia about to whoop the floor with some poor loser again."

Some guy in front of the punk said to his group of friends. Ron couldn't help but glare at them.

"Yeah looked her up, she doesn't seem all that."

Ron cleared his throat loudly, making the group of men turn to face him. "I'm pretty sure she's going to win."

The group laughed, "Come one, we've seen Gardenia take out people a lot stronger. People think she's weak because of her grass typing, but she really knows how to cover up her weaknesses."

"I know that, but that challenger has a different vibe than the rest." Ron added, trying to look as calm as possible.

"You think she's going to win because you feel she will? Ha! Need more than your gut to back you up here."

Ron raised his chin, giving the group a challenging glare. "You wanna bet on it?"

"Pft. Okay, sure. We bet 500 she doesn't win." The leader looked around to see the rest of the group agreeing with him.

Ron got a cocky smirk on his face, nodding slowly. "Okay, I bet she gets her hand raised victorious at the end."

"The only thing she's raising is something else." One of the members of the group jumped in, causing them all to laugh.

Ron shook his head, not really sure if he should laugh. One one had, Naka wasn't his girlfriend, maybe not even a friend, so why step in to defend her? On the other, he couldn't help but feel upset they were talking about her like that. "Make it 1000."

The leader turned around, a confident smug across his face. "Deal."

Montagne Khastil

Monty took another bite as he thought through Azumi’s question. In truth, he was wondering the same thing she was— how were they gonna pull it off?

He had no worries about Esther’s capabilities. They’d started training around the same time, and they were at about the same level as far as he could tell. The only issue was…

“Oracle doesn’t play well with others. Even when she wins, like in her battle with Pyrrha— oh, her dragon —yesterday, she stays standoffish with whoever her opponent was. Especially when the battle was as close as that one.”

The criminal took another sip of his wine, absentmindedly swirling what was left in circular motions. “As far as strategy goes, I think shock and awe will be our best bet. Avoid a drawn out battle, come out of the gate swinging.”

His gaze drifted to one of the windows as he added, “Hopefully she makes her presence known soon. We’ve only got one doubles battle under our belt, and I’d prefer to get a few more in before the tournament.”

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
Turffield Stadium Lobby, Galar Region
August 2nd
WCS Rank: 70,203

Wilford's eyebrows raised slightly upon hearing the name of his new acquaintance: Cole Forrest. The names were plain individually but combined to create the image of a clearing filled with trees growing coal. The rich young man chuckled momentarily upon imaging the hypothetical forest, but stifled it soon after. After all, it'd be bad form to mock the person you just invited to dinner.

Wilford found himself somewhat puzzled at the compliment, no one had ever called him "decent" before. Used to being passed over or jeered at, all he could muster in response was a small yet genuine smile with a nod as he watched Cole walk away. Cole's declaration that he'd be rooting for Wilford caused the smile to grow slightly, but the happiness left his face as his eyes drifted to the monitor above the registry counter. Number 89 had just been defeated by Milo, number 831. Naturally, this passed the baton to...number 12, Wilford Pine.

Cole's wish of luck echoed in Wilford's ears as he entered the challenge area, carrying both his custom uniform and his suitcase of Pokéballs & related items. After changing into his uniform in the dressing room, Wilford finally opened the door to find a field full of Wooloo. The rich young man simply stared at the Sheep Pokémon in front of him with a bewildered, unmoving expression.

'Welcome Challenger to the Turffield Stadium Challenge!" Fortunately, a young woman wearing a Grass Type Uniform noticed Wilford's confusion, making her way over to clarify, "Before you can fight Milo, you'll have to round up the Wooloo here onto that mat over there," The Gym assistant was pointing at the indicated mat, but Wilford's attention was not focused on her hand. Rather, Wilford was looking the assistant dead in the eye as he waited for her to finish. When her eyes finally met his, Wilford had only one thing to say.

"This is stupid."

"And required! So get to it!" The biting retort from the assistant was coupled with a saccharine smile. Wilford thought to bribe her, but he soon realized that there was no point in wasting the money. With rolled eyes and an audible groan, Wilford walked towards the Wooloo.

After an irritatingly long period of time wrangling Wooloo, Wilford had finally gotten the last of them to stay on the mat. The rich young man found himself irritatingly drenched with sweat, with the only thing preventing him from yelling out being the fact that he was wearing a uniform rather than his usual attire.

"Congratulations!" The attendant from before walked over to Wilford with a beaming smile, "That wasn't so bad, right?" Wilford refused to answer, opting for an icy glare. Her eyes drifted away from Wilford momentarily before refocusing on the challenger.

"At any rate, you can go challenge Milo whenever you're ready," Anxious to avoid further ire from the rich young man, the attendant hastily shuffled out of the room. Content that he could finally get on with the main event, Wilford grabbed his suitcase and entered the battle area of the Stadium.

For once, Wilford found himself impressed by something in Turffield. The battlefield was wide enough for a Pokémon to roam freely while being tall enough for behemoths to truly clash with one another. At the same time, the seats were filled with eager spectators cheering for the Gym Leader while taking pictures. Though Wilford was never the subject of any of these photos, he didn't care, his attention was focused on Milo.

"I intend to use two Pokémon for this battle, I presume you'll be doing the same?" Wasting no time on pleasantries, Wilford opened his suitcase to grab the Pokéballs containing his Thwackey and his Monferno.

This should be quick...

Last edited:

"Well she does seem very proud." Azumi said after carefully chewing her food. "But she looks very well taken care of, I must congratulate you on it."

Azumi finally finished her meal, savoring the taste dish one last time before washing it down with the rest of her soda. She had forgotten she had gotten another one, which reminded her.

"Is it me, or does our waiter not like you?" She giggled a bit, "He seemed upset with you. Do you know him? Or is that something normal?"

Nakano Saito​

Date: 1 Month Ago (26 years old); June 17
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Hanu the Infernape, Yuki the Froslass, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Orochi the Zweilous, Silenus the Sceptile

Interactions: Ron Towers and Luz the Espeon (Hecotoro), Gwen Tucker (IDKWhatUserNameToDo), Hana Ikarri, Levy the Munna, Majesty the Servine, and Hertz the Noibat (JoyPaws)
Mentions: Gardenia

Naka made sure to pay attention to both the match and Hana's signs when she began signing. She found her Servine hilarious, a small funny smile on her face as she saw the budding look of a one-sided rivalry. Seeing that she's thirteen and got her first badge here, she smiled and signed back. "That's awesome! Your Pokemon look great and healthy, too." She blinked a few times as she saw the flurry of movement that was her hands, trying to piece together what she was saying before finally understanding.

Then her cheeks turned pink.

She seemed nervous, shifting her eyes away with a tight press of her lips into a line. "I'm nervous about the WCS. It scares me... All those eyes." She signed. Which also reminded her of her next gym battle, which had her hands shaking just slightly in the midst of her signing.

She looked back and saw Gwen had won. It was a close match, Sceptile standing up so Naka can stand up too, whooping for Gwen. "YOU DID IT!!" Only to be suddenly pulled down by Ron and kissing him. Which she returned, giggling a little with her cheeks reddening. Oh, that was hot.

No, no, there were kids here.

She nodded with what Ron was going to do, chuckling at how he told Fluffy to behave. Fluffy looked up mid-lick in having found something on her fur to clean, staring at Ron with his tongue sticking out in surprise. It immediately went back in his mouth, ears drooping as he laid down, letting Luz use him as a pillow.

Naka watched as Gwen ran out, probably going to a Pokemon Center. She turned to Hana and signed. "Can you watch these two?" She pointed to Luz, Fluffy, and Chu, the mouse now standing in front of Hana and waving her mitted paw at her with a huge smile. "I need to get prepped for my prestige fight." Looking over at the stands on the other side of the battlefield, she caught sight of four shirtless guys, with the letters for her nickname on their bellies. One guy had N, and the other three filled out Naka. She deadpanned. She signed to Hana again, chuckling a little nervously. "I'm somewhat of a celebrity? Not too bad of one, I'm just known for getting rid of bad people and my research discoveries. Bye." She waved, walking through the crowd to get out.

Finally getting out of the gym, she rested her back against the wall of the building's side, crouching and resting her head against her hands, propped up by her knees.

She felt so sick...

Her Sceptile came out, putting a supportive clawed hand on her back and rubbing it. "Thanks, Silenus." She sighed, taking the flask on her hip and staring at it, as if contemplating what to even do about it. Silenus held it and her hands. The two looked at each other. She can see it in his eyes. Determination and worry. He can see her anxieties and fears. "You trust me too much. Even if I'm drunk?"

Silenus nodded.

Groaning, Naka shook her head. "Just this fight... Just to get into the groove for Ludwig..." She sighed, taking a long swig.

Upon hearing his name, Ludwig the Ludicolo popped out of his ball and danced, but paused mid-step when he saw Naka put the finished flask against her forehead, as if stamping the leather covering into her skin. He croaked, frowning as he waddled over to her and put his hand on her shoulder, then hugged her, patting her back.

Naka held him, smiling.

"I know you're ready for a fight. You've been itching for one." Naka chuckled, pulling away to see a warm smile on Ludwig's billed face. She chuckled, petting his bill and kissing him on his little sombrero hat. "Thanks." She then pulled her Sceptile around the neck with her arm, nuzzling against his face. "Thank you both."

Sighing to cool herself and feeling the alcohol kick in after several minutes, she stood back up, feeling a bit dizzy. And it made her feel good. Heh.

"Okay, return you two. I'll be fine." Feeling oddly clear-headed despite being tipsy, Naka walked back into the front of the building.

Just to find a small crowd forming around the lobby. She came up to the receptionist and grinned. "Nakano Saito. Prestige battle."

The receptionist got her set up from her reservation from yesterday, nodding and saying Gardenia was ready in a few. With a nod, Naka walked up to those doors to the battlefield, the nerves calming from her slightly drunken state. She grabbed the PokeBall that had her Ludicolo, and a silly smile returned to her face.

She was going to win.

Hana Ikarry
June 17th
Etenra Gym, Sinnoh

Hana grinned with pride. She was pretty proud of her pokemon. The little group took take of each other so well. Her pokemon also seemed to look happy about the compliment! Majesty was nuzzling Hana's neck happily, and Levy seemed to have relaxed a bit, like she was worried she wasn't doing well enough to make sure her fellow pokemon were safe! And Hertz, for his part, was kicking his little legs happily! Yes, Hana was very proud of her pokemon! Even the pokemon that weren't out of their pokeballs! Melody, Hana's jigglypuff, and Decibel, her whismur, were so sweet, but Melody would eventually have fallen asleep if she was out for too long just sitting, while Decibel would have probably gotten frightened by all the noise. She was still so young that the noise scared her. And Hana didn't feel like letting Decibel blast out anyone's ears when she wasn't in a pokemon battle. Hana signed back, "Thank you. I am very proud of them all."

Hana frowned. She didn't know what to reply with. Hana never had issues with people's eyes or words. It probably had to do with how she didn't fear what the people in the audience might think of her. She already knew the worst people could say and even saw her parents say those words.

Hana watched as Naka turned back to watch the battle, and so did Hana watching as the girl won! Hana politely clapped. She had done well in the battle, Hana thought and she deserved the applause. Maybe she could talk to her! That would be neat! Naka had told her that she was friends with the girl, right?

Majesty watched the battle. He probably wanted to fight the deino or the piplup now. The servine was rather competitive, and loved a good battle. Majesty recoiled at the moment that the woman and the man shared. Reacting much like a toddler would at seeing their parents kiss. The servine nuzzled closer to his trainer in disgust. Hana in fact didn't seem to notice what just happened, and even if she did, she wouldn't have cared.

Hana's attention was soon taken away from the trainer to Naka again as she asked if she could watch her pokemon. Sure, why not? Hana nodded quickly, signing, "good luck," And then waved at the little pichu. How cute!! It was so tiny and adorable, and Hana couldn't resist finding baby pokemon cute! Hana's attention was soon taken away from the adorable pichu to Naka's hands as she signed something. She blinked a bit. Oh. Wow. Hana was a bit stunned at that. Had she just made friends with a celebrity? Well, that was neat!! Hana looked around the stadium, wondering what made her bring it up. Then she noticed the men. Ew. I hope I don't have people like that going to my battles when I'm famous and old. She thought in childish disgust. She quickly waved bye to Naka and watched the pokemon.

And watched...

Well... What next? She initially planned to head out after this to the next gym on her journey, but now she had a friend. That was neat. Maybe she could make more friends! Yeah, like that would happen...

She felt her leg shake as her backpack suddenly seemed much fuller than before, and she saw two sets of eyes staring up at her. Oh, Melody and Decibel... She chuckled a bit as she pulled the two out and sat them on her lap, letting Majesty curl his tail around the pokemon so they wouldn't fall off the small girl's lap. It must have been a hilarious sight seeing this girl almost covered in pokemon! Decibel was much smaller than she was meant to be, though, at least. The whismur was still young, which was mostly why she had such an issue with the noise.

Hana's eyes went from her pokemon to Naka's as she said, "Don't get any ideas of doing anything stupid..." She snickered and smiled, making the warning sound much friendlier than it might have been if she hadn't.

Hertz let out a tiny yawn and crawled into Hana's backpack, looking rather content.

Milo​

Date: August 2
Pokemon Team: Lombre, Eldegoss

Battling: Wilford Pine and Thwackey (sSoul) vs Lombre

The new trainer was next, and boy HOWDY did he have issues with those Wooloo. It's like he never herded Wooloo in his life! Oh well, he at least got a darn good workout.

Once Wilford was on the stadium, Milo came walking out with a pep in his step. "Good job getting through that trial. Yep yep, twwoo Pokemon." He grinned, pulling out a PokeBall. "Hoo boy, this is gonna be a fun fight." Milo said, throwing out his PokeBall.

A lily pad kappa came out first, the Lombre holding out his hands lazily in front of him as he sized up Wilford.

Milo put his hands at his hips, smiling. "Alriiighty, your go." He grinned, knowing full well his own Lombre will go first because of his attack.

Cole Forrest​

Pokemon Team: Grookey, Totodile, Rookidee, Galarian Meowth, Stufful, Pancham, Magikarp, Trubbish
WCS Rank: 75,432

Interactions: Briar Hightower, Frida the Smeargle, and Baba the Grafaiai (ThAtGuY101)
Mentions: Wilford Pine (sSoul), Milo

Seeing Wilford actually smile - genuinely, smile - had him confused. Was the guy not used to being rooted for? Having the courtesy of getting nice reactions? All in all, it was kind of funny. While he figured the two would eventually butt heads, given they were cut from the same cloth - as Wilford put it - they still had a very similar way of thinking. A similar way of doing.

Yes.

He had noticed someone having come into the stadium before he left for the bleachers. This someone stumbled in with some gross lemur on their shoulders and a Smeargle at her heel. She also looked drunk, the heavy waft of alcohol around her.

He curled his nose and looked away. Disgusting. The woman passed him anyway as he watched Wilford go to the entrance to the trial mission, and he caught sight of the gross lemur give him a couple birds. With a raised eyebrow, he had to unfortunately follow behind the cloud of alcoholism until he finally found a spot closer to the front of the stadium.

On the screens, they showed Wilford attempting the trial mission, Cole laughing at how disgruntled and overworked he seemed. "Welcome to Turffield, Wilford." He muttered underneath his breath, finding it way too funny. Given he's done this all his life, he knew how to herd the Wooloo efficiently.

Seeing some rich kid do it though had him in near fits, trying to keep his laughter to a minimum. Then he smelled the stench of alcohol. His smile turned into a grimace as he looked over to find the source.

It was that bitch...

He noticed the lemur wanted something a kid was having, which was some drink. He really didn't want to talk to this bitch, so he didn't. He turned his eyes to the stadium, seeing Wilford finally reach the stadium, with Milo sending out his Lombre. Pressing one of the PokeBalls in the circular case on his belt, he summoned his Totodile. The blue gator tilted her head as she looked up at him on the floor. With disdain, Cole looked at her. "Don't be on the floor, it's nasty."

Looking where she was, the Totodile hopped on the vacant seat next to him and sat down. But with her seating height, she couldn't see the battlefield. Cole noticed her immediate disappointment. Did he really have to help her? Sighing and rolling his eyes, he grabbed her and put her on his lap, giving her just a few more inches to see better.

She wiggled her legs and raised her arms happily, only to sit still feeling Cole's dark eyes leering at her from behind her head. "Keep still..." He grumbled. Still, the idea that he of all people allowed her to sit on his lap and see the fight was such a nice thought that the Totodile didn't really care. Though, being twenty-five pounds, she couldn't wiggle around too much. She realized she might be too heavy on his legs. So, she sat still, while Cole's fingers absentmindedly rubbed along her back, making her sigh and smile.

While Totodile wasn't his strongest this week - that being his Rookidee - she was definitely his favorite in work ethic and strength. She was even rather creative, for a lizard.

She scratched the scar down her right eye every once in a while, finding it rather itchy from all the stupid pollen and dust of Turffield. Even the smell of hay pervaded the stands. Cole noticed, grabbing her hand a bit roughly around the wrist to prevent her from scratching her eye out. "Don't. I know. We'll be out of Turffield soon. He'll make sure of that." He whispered. Totodile looked towards the battlefield, seeing that guy with the suitcase. Was that who Cole was talking to earlier? She nodded, letting out a low growl in understanding.

Last edited:
~Briar Hightower...~
~Briar Pokémon: Grafaiai/Baba(F), galarian wheezing/Puff Puff(M), tentecruel/Maggie(F), Revavroom/Hemi(M), clodsire/Claudia(F), smeargle/Frida(F)...~
~Turffield, July 21st...~
~Rank: 48,420...~

"eeuuughh..." Briar groaned as her eyes briefly met with the dark eyed man. His look killed her buzz faster than sobriety. Eye twitching behind her sunglasses and barely resisting the urge to grind her teeth. Head pounding, but pretty soon the match started. Baba was looking over at the totodile and began dancing around, waving her arms in the air and making random noises.

"the match is starting, stfu" Briar said leaning forward to see what was going on. Squinting her eyes, she saw a rich boy down there. It was rather amusing watching him go after the wooloo. She looked at the boy drenched in sweat, and watched with concern.

"That boy looks as bad as I feel. Let's root for this kid" Briar commented, patting on Frida. Her smeargle looked up at her calmly. Slowly kicking her legs back and forth.

"Smear...!" Frida mused.

Baba patted Frida on the back calmly. Frida was Baba's friends and one of the few in her life that didn't piss her off. Then the beef cake Milo was there. The match between Milo and the rich boy would soon begin. At this point, Briar has enough senses come back to her that she could watch this and retain some memory of the battle. She was hoping the rich kid would win, but Milo was pretty tough and Briar wasn't sure how well that would go. Though stranger things have happened.

Gardenia
June 17
Eterna City Gym​

The Eterna City gym saw a lot of traffic from trainers. Its location along Mt. Coronet—the backbone of the Sinnoh region—made it a popular mid-point and nexus. With Snowpoint in the north, Oreburg to the south, Floaroma Town at its west, and Celestic town on its east, Eterna was arguably the most interconnected city in the entire region, rivaled only by Jubilife—the largest city in the region. Thus, Gardenia was used to frequently challenges. She was very used to them and yet her next challenger made her perk up.

Gardenia looked over the file of her latest challenge and paused at the name. It was...familiar. Had she heard it before? “Nakano...Nakano...”

”One of Professor Rowan’s aides?”

Gardenia gave a thoughtful hum.

Prestige Challenges were rare; those who succeeded were rarer still. It took a certain confidence and ambition to challenge the best Sinnoh had to offer. Gardenia mused silently as she entered a large room lined wall-to-wall, ceiling-to-floor, with row-upon-row of pokéballs. These were gym pokémon, various grass types trained to different levels, designed to handle every level of challenger. Her next challenge would require none of them. Instead, she continued and pushed through a door that opened into a verdant garden. Various grass types milled about the garden, soaking up sunlight through the glass roof. The pokémon here were no ‘gym pokémon’, rather they were Gardenia’s personal team, the apples of her eyes, the most talented and beautiful specimens she’d gathered in all her years as a gym leader.

Her collection was impressive: Vileplume, Torterra, Tangrowth, Roserade, Cradily—lover of grass-types that she was, the gym leader couldn’t help but preen and grin at her pristine grass types. “La la la la~!” They were all so eager for action! They didn’t get worthy challengers often. Unfortunately, she could only choose six and Gardenia already had her picks in mind...

The Eterna City Gym Leader, the strongest grass-type trainer across all of Sinnoh, stepped onto the battlefield and took her place in the gym leader’s square.

The lighthearted she’d displayed earlier with her first-badge challenge was firmly subdued. A bubbly exterior made her approachable, it eased the newcomers who were often kids and often inexperienced. A prestige challenge was as far from inexperienced as one could get. This was no simple test of skills, it was more, so much more. It was in the name, after all, her Prestige was on the line.

Gardenia paged her receptionist, “Send in the challenger.”

Would the professor’s protégé blossom and bloom or would she wither and wilt?

Ron, dibs on the challenger, Towers.

"Guardian Researcher." The group in front of Ron kept talking, looking through Naka's social media. "She's pretty hot, ask her out bro."

Ron sighed and looked away. It wasn't his business, it wasn't his business, it wasn't...

"She's taken." Ron spoke up, getting an annoyed look from the men. "Like she would even considered getting any of you losers. Reality sucks huh?"

Just as they were about to surround the punk, they were called to make their order. Ron felt a bit relieved, he almost got into a fight right before Naka's battle, which would've been a bad thing. Once the group was done, Ron stepped up. He bought four hotdogs, three order of fries and three sodas. He took his tray and stood in line again, to get inside. He heard Naka's battle being announced and his leg was moving again, he was impatient.

"Finally." Ron said as he made his way to his seat, which was luckily still guarded by Fluffy and Luz. He noticed the Hana girl, but didn't say anything. He took a sit and waited for Gwen, stuffing his mouth with food and looking at the battlefield seriously.

Montagne Khastil

Monty savored the last bite of his salmon and washed it down with the rest of his wine, draining the glass of its last couple sips in one go. He rolled his eyes when Azumi mentioned their waiter's behavior, and glanced at the kitchen door as he replied, "It's some classic Lumiose hospitality. Place like this the food'll usually be great, but if you catch the staff at the wrong time you'll get a cigarette butt in your vegetables."

He picked this spot specifically because the Old Guard should've been off their radar. It was bad business to eat at the same place you extort, sort of a 'fuck you' on top of taking their money, but the Guard didn't operate in this section of the city. Did his reputation precede him? Monty hadn't picked up his most identifiable feature until well after he was running collections, so maybe the waiter was just in a shit mood.

The criminal's hand absentmindedly drifted up to run his thumb over the scar that trailed along the left side of his jaw, and went down to stroke his chin for a second until the kitchen door swung back open.

The waiter walked over with two glass dishes in hand. "Two chocolate pots de créme. Is there anything else I can get you?"

The man's gaze flopped between Monty and Azumi, and the former spoke up. "Just the check, please."

"Seperate checks or are you two together?" One of the waiter's brow went up and he turned to Azumi, but Monty cut in.

"Together's fine." His tone was blunt, matter-of-fact. Maybe even a little defensive. The one glass of grenache must've been enough to loosen him up a bit.
"Oui. I'll have that right out."

The waiter stalked off with a dejected air about him, and Monty withdrew his wallet from his back pocket. "I've got it covered."

Last edited:
Azumi Towers-

"Hm, well that's rude." Azumi shook her head, feeling it was unfair to mistreat a customer depending on the time of day.

Once the dessert arrived, Azumi's eyes gleamed, smiling at the waiter once more and waited for him to leave. "Are you sure you don't want to split the check?"

She took her spoon and tasted the chocolate treat. "Oh it's delicious! Mister Montagne I might start using this place more often if you don't mind me taking your recommendations." She took another spoonful. "I might actually get one to go, Nana would love it."

Azumi remembered Nana and then stopped eating her dessert, giving Monty an apologetic look. "I have to apologize for Nana, she's been very rude to you. She must be going through a stage or something. Unless there's a reason for her to be suspicious? You don't seem like a bad man, but I have to ask, sorry if I sound rude, is there a reason for her to be so suspicious of you?"

Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto (July 19th)

Desmond watched as the attacks had began, Reina seemed to go for one of the legs and that new guy seemed to go right for the shell of the belly. Their efforts along with Naka's seemed to try and deliver powerful strikes to get the desired result. Either way they needed to do their part to get Blastoise's attention before it had a chance to retaliate as Aldon seemed to give a bit of last minute motivation to things as he almost envied his ability to keep a cool head no matter the situation.

"About as much as I can be." Desmond muttered a bit, on Esther's little glider thing as they prepared to take to the skies. Politoed and Kricketune seemed set as Kricketune was on top of Wunder while Politoed had kept close to its partner.

Adrianne Silvers (Normal Class: 96,094)
Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago (June 2nd)

Adrianne looked over the selection that Reggie seemed to select a fishing rod from and that the shop owner seemed to recommend, hey she had not been about to turn a stink eye to some advice as she scanned it over curiously. There seemed to be a good selection of rods to go with, some plain ones, some stripped and some of multiple colors with patterns as she tried to find something that just clicked for her, not that she'd explain what that meant.

"Let's see let's see..." Adrianne mused to herself, as she seemed to trade her eyes up and down along this row till they soon seemed to stop at something; what seemed to be a sky blue rod that had this lovely cloud designs across it, and it had been among the ones with the stronger line this owner seemed to talk up. It seemed perfect! "I'll take that one sir!" Adrianne said as she pointed to it.

"Aw excellent choice." The man said as he supplied her the sky blue rod and she in turn provided the cast as she got it and a cute little Horsea lure as she took her items and seemed to glance at Reggie who informed her of the Tentacruel who seemed to be among the more shallow shores of the coastline.

"Well, with Ivy's Gyarados we can sail a bit further and find some good stuff~!" Adrianne encouraged though of course if she needed something a Tentacruel had not been the worst option, still though she'd fish to see what she'd find and go from there as she walked out to the beach itself. As she walked she noticed someone who seemed to have a couple Pokemon out and who seemed to be chatting with some kids by a sandcastle, seemed to be a slight scene as she raised an eyebrow at this and walked over too curious not to.

"Uh, something up?" Adrianne asked the trainer who had a diverse set of Pokemon, including...was that a Grafaiai!? She had never seen one in person before...this was so cool!

Montagne Khastil

Damn, he should've sprung for that second drink. It would've made taking the punch-to-the-gut that was Azumi's question a little easier, but Monty figured it wouldn't have helped him with a response. Half-truths about his family in the Old Guard weren't going to cut it, but he was already getting dangerously close to the line. If he wasn't careful, he'd fall right over it.

The dessert gave Monty a good excuse to delay his answer. He kept the best poker face of his life up as he looked down at it, slowly sinking his spoon into the pudding-like chocolate créme as his mind raced to connect dots.

He couldn't put all his cards on the table, but Azumi had two big ones in her hand, namely Nana's telepathy and possible access to police databanks. It would be no trouble at all for her to search his name, or even go into public records and do the same thing to find his criminal record. He wouldn't be able to avoid it now, but how much should he tell her?

One of Antoine's favorite phrases came to mind; 'A woman finds the truth, eventually.' It was a common enough saying, but the beaux voyou had his own little addition— 'So just tell her your side of it.'

The older gangster usually said it sometime remarkably soon before a bad break-up, but the advice could prove useful now. The "truth" it was, then.

"It's not her fault. A pokémon's job is to keep their trainer safe, right? I'm sorry for not saying anything sooner, but she's probably just picking up on the things I've left unsaid."

The criminal cleared his throat, and he felt his heartbeat speed up.

"This might sound a little...strange, but have you ever heard of a brothel? Well, I grew up in one. Ma mère...was one of the girls who worked there. Got a little reckless with one of her customers one night twenty years ago, and nine months later I was born. My father was long gone by then, and as soon as she was rid of me my mother disappeared into the night."

BADUM-BADUM-BADUM.

"The Madame wanted to leave me on the steps of the station house, but I guess the girls there convinced her to keep me. Just couldn't resist my charm, even as a baby—" Monty cracked a small, short-lasting grin. "—so there I stayed. Spent most of my life living there, really. Didn't have anywhere else to go. When I was old enough, I got a job for a shipping company based here in Lumiose. The folks at the brothel, they were my family, but the guys at the company were like my second family. The 'uncles' I was talking about."

BADUM-BADUM-BADUM.

"Fast forward some years, and one of their workers at a warehouse here in Lumiose decided he wasn't getting paid enough. Only he and I worked in that one regularly, and he started hiding his own merchandise among the company's. Illegally smuggled tech, mostly."

BADUMDUM-BADUMDUM-BADUMDUM.

"He paid me to keep my mouth shut, so I did. All I knew about it was that some of the crates weren't supposed to be in that building, so I didn't really care. Then one day..." The memory of Monty's dream that night danced behind his eyes.

He whirled around. His setting shifted again. The steel walls of Wabash's bridge were replaced with those of the Old Guard's Hibernal Avenue warehouse. The door was blown off by a blast of electricity, and he didn't even have the time to look over at the other beaux voyou stationed there that night.

A large yellow-and-black canine pokémon shot into view before the door hit the ground. A yellow safety vest was fit tight against its torso, and a single word was printed on it; 'POLICE'.

"...
he got busted. I was in the warehouse at the same time, so the police picked me up too when they raided the place. The bast- the guy pinned me as an equal accomplice." Monty clenched his jaw. "He must've thought it would get him a less time, but the joke was on him in the end. I was a punk, not the believable type, I guess. They just ended up giving us both the max sentence."

The man's hand drifted up to the left side of his face again, tracing the line of his scar. "Four months in prison. I just got out about a month ago. Picked up this beauty my first week there." His heart threatened to beat out of his chest as the memory of a key CLICKING! rang in his ears.

"It was...rough. I had to do some things I'm not proud of to survive." He rubbed his hands, conscious of that statement being the biggest lie in his entire story. A lot of men got sent to the infirmary in those four months, and Monty was proud of every one of them.

"But now I'm out, and I'm trying to make a change." What did Cormier say about it that morning atop Lumiose Tower? "Time to adapt, leave it behind me."

Damn, he'd never said all that out loud before. The worst part about it was everything except him not being wholly guilty was true. Fuck, was that really his life? A sheepish look donned his face. Would a girl like Azumi, rich, studious, and altogether proper even believe it?

Monty had tunneled into his story, hardly even looking at Azumi by the time he started talking about his incarceration as he was looking through her. He snapped out of it, and apologized again. "I'm sorry I didn't say anything before. In all honesty, I didn't want to scare anyone away. I've been having trouble finding a partner for the doubles tournament, and Esther's sort of my last hope for it."

Azumi's smile faded as the story began to develop. Her blue eyes set on Monty's, as if scanning him for any clues that could suggest he was kidding. But as the story progressed and his movements showed the truth, she couldn't do much but just look at him. She felt a knot build in her throat while her hand gripped the spoon. Once he was done, she couldn't help but look down at her chocolate dessert.

"I'm sorry..." She placed the spoon down and took in a deep breath. "I truly apologize from the bottom of my heart, that the system has failed you so much." She looked back up at him, determination in her eyes as she spoke. "I swear to you on my mother's grave, that I will do everything in my power to ensure no more people have to suffer the way you did." Her smile appeared again, "It feels me with joy to know you're willing to become a better person despite your past. Any lesser man would've continued their criminal ways. It takes a truly amazing person to turn a new leaf and become a better version of themselves." She held out her hand to him, "I am honored to meet such a man and hope that from this day, our friendship will flourish."

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Nico Zacharias Flynn
Date: July 2nd
(This would happen for about one and a half hour, to two and a half hours. )

Nico had been running around Lumiose City, until he ended up at a different route entirely. The route's scenery was really pretty, and felt rustic compared to Lumiose City's bustling streets and avenues. It was very calming, and it was definitely one of the places Nico would love to visit again. He took out his Rotom-Phone, taking a photo of the scenery of Mélancolie Path. After that, he put it back into his pocket, as he continued to walk the path.

After a few minutes of walking, someone in chef's clothing came up to Nico. "Hello Sir! I can tell that you like to cook, so why don't we have a cook-off?" The man said. Nico, confused, but excited to cook something, was totally on board with this idea. He agreed excitedly, as they set up a small campfire for them to cook. Pepper and Brocolli came out of their Pokéballs, interested, and very excited to help out Nico in cooking.

Pepper lit both of their campfires, and the Cook-Off has officially started! He'd heard of this dish called 'The Croque-Monsieur', which was a sandwich, filled with boiled ham and béchamel, while the sandwich is generously topped with lots of melted cheese. He'd learned about the dish on his first day in Kalos, when we went to the Battle Café. The chef kindly gave the recipe to him, and to be honest, this was a good time to try it out. He started off by boiling some ham, helped out by Pepper's [Flamethrower], as Brocolli handed some of his seeds to Nico.

Soon enough, the ham finished boiling, and he grabbed two pieces of sliced bread and placed the ham on top. He added some of the seeds Brocolli gave him, and that was now one part of his dish done. Next thing was the cheese on the bread, so he placed a lot of cheese on top of the bread. That looked like enough, and so the next thing was to toast the bread.

"Okay, Pepper, you know what to do, use [Flamethrower]!" Nico said to Pepper, as a stream of fire came out of the green head, torching the bread to the right amount of toast and melty-cheese goodness. Nico peered over to the chef's dish, it looked nothing like he'd seen before, but damn did it look good. He placed the bread on the plate, and cut it into two diagonal pieces. The chef came over to Nico, and started speaking.

"So, ya done little guy? I smelled that dish from that far away, and I must say, it smells amazing!" The chef complimented Nico on his wonderful cooking, and now, it was time to try out each-other's dishes. The chef introduced his dish as "Onion Soup". It was a soup of broth and caramelized onion, as it was topped with cheese and crunchy croutons. Nico was amazed with the smell, and the texture looked wonderful! Nico took a bite out of his soup, and was it amazing! The chef also took a bite out of his dish, and he could see the look on his face, it was of pure delight! As a chef, Nico loved to see pure delight on people's faces after tasting his cooking, and he felt very fulfilled.

The man came up and said, "Your cooking was amazing! You deserve the win, little man." Nico shook his head in disagreement. "No sir, your cooking was amazing too! I'd like to announce this as a tie, instead!" The man agreed, and now it was time to part ways with the man, and continue to look for Esther.

Montagne Khastil

Monty was waiting for Azumi to slap him in the face. He thought she would name call him, sicc her pokémon on him, or laugh in his face and walk out right then and there. It wouldn't be the first time it happened with a beautiful girl. She didn't do any of that, though. Instead, she surprised him with an apology and an outstretched hand.

"Merci, I hope the same." Monty took Azumi's hand in his, returning the shake before withdrawing it and placing his hands back on the table. His gamble paid off. His hand won, and the pot was his.

Why did he feel so...guilty?

Monty wasn't left to dwell on it long, because the waiter returned to the table with the check. He set it on the table with a quick, "Here you are," and scurried off, and the Lumiosite swiped it up and opened his wallet as his thoughts drifted back to the conversation.

'It truly takes an amazing person to turn a new leaf and become a better version of themselves.'

He should be satisfied. She believed he was a great person, a reformed man in spite of the system that failed him. In reality, he was the lesser man.

'It's time you adapt. This is only the start of your journey, Montagne.'

The only adaptation he made was one he was forced into. If he had his way, he'd still just be a bouncer at the brothel and work Old Guard jobs on the side. He was strong, he was tough, he was a gangster, through and through. Azumi didn't know anything about lesser men. She didn't know the first thing about him.

And yet, he'd just shared with her more than he'd ever shared with anyone outside of the Old Guard.

Monty stuffed enough cash into the leather check-case to pay the bill and let the waiter keep the change, and took another couple bites of his dessert before looking at Azumi again. He mentally reminded himself that she was the enemy, a cop in training, no matter how deeply his story seemed to resonate with her.

So why did he feel so guilty?

With his dessert finished, Monty set down his spoon. A small smile graced his lips, and he asked, "Ready to head out?"

Gwen Tucker - 17th of June - Eterna Pokecenter -> Back to the Eterna Gym, Eterna City, Sinnoh
Gwen was sitting in one of the booths in the Center, fidgeting with the Forest badge. This was it. The first true milestone in her becoming a strong trainer. She'll get the other badges in the region as well. The battle was so nerve wracking, but that made the victory feel all the better. Gardenia might have been holding back as this was Gwen merely challenging her for the first badge, but it was very much a real battle for the young trainer.

While absorbed in her own thoughts, Nurse Joy called out for Gwen to let her know her pokemon were ready, "Thank you for waiting. We've restored your Pokémon to full health," the nurse said as she handed the two pokeballs back to their trainer in a tray. Gwen immediately opened up the pokeballs to let Ozzy and Cobalt know of their victory. The Deino was already wagging the little stump that was his tail and Piplup rubbed his eyes groggily.

"We did it! We won!" Gwen exclaimed as she crouched down to show the badge to them. Both pokemon let out joyous cries and tackle-hugged their trainer, making her fall over. Gwen laughed, "Yeah we did it! The whole team," she said giggling and petted Ozzy and Cobalt with the Deino licking his trainer's face and playfully biting at the bill of her baseball cap.

"We need to go cheer on Naka now so that she'll win and we all can celebrate all together," the blue haired trainer said with a bright smile as she got up to sit. Cobalt let out a determined little 'pip' and pumped his little flipper and Ozzy rand in a circle, already excited, "Alright let's go,"

All together they scurried their way back to the gym, which was now way more packed. Well, it made sense seeing that Gardenia was going to go all out, but Gwen had faith in Naka and her ultra strong team. The young trainer spotted Ron in the crowd and gestured to Ozzy and Cobalt to keep close as to not get lost in the packed seats, "Hi Ron! I won the badge!" Gwen said and beamed before sitting down as she dug out her badge case from her backpack to place the Forest badge into the first slot. Then she picked up Cobalt to sit on her lap and helped Ozzy to get up and sit beside her.

"Thanks for cheering for me," Gwen added still with a wide grin before turning her attention over to the battlefield as the next match was about to begin.

Nakano Saito​

Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Hanu the Infernape, Yuki the Froslass, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Orochi the Zweilous, Silenus the Sceptile

Battling: Gardenia (kyuukestu) vs Ludwig the Ludicolo
Mentions: Ron Towers and Luz the Espeon (Hecotoro), Gwen Tucker, Ozzy the Deino, and Cobalt the Piplup (IDKWhatUserNameToDo), Hana Ikarri, Levy the Munna, Majesty the Servine, and Hertz the Noibat (JoyPaws)

She stood at the doors. Unmoving. The last bit of nerves eased up as the liquid courage made her looser. She sighed, shaking out her arms and taking in deep breaths. Earlier, she had changed out her camouflage coat from around her waist to wear one of her white lab coats for comfort and good luck, having put it in her backpack. This was Gardenia, a young lady who used the same Pokémon in almost every single important battle. Roserade.

She was definitely going to be meeting that infamous Roserade, who would prove to be extremely troublesome. Then there was that Mega Venusaur she remembered from many serious battles Gardenia did. That thing barely left her side either. But now that she knew only two of six, she didn’t know what Gardenia was going to use. Torterra? Maybe. But it was four times weak to Ice, and she had two other Pokémon who were that weak to Ice. Tangrowth was a possible one. She recalled it was more defensive. If she had two Grass/Poison-Types, it was likely she wouldn't have another, so any of those were out of the window. It was far easier to think of the rest of her team in types, and it was likely she was going for dual-typed Pokémon to make it harder for Naka, so erase all those pure Grass-Types.

But she remembered that type chart like the back of her hand.

It was very possible she might go for Leafeon, but that depended on other Pokémon she may go with. Either way, Naka was certain it was all dual-types from here. She also knew Cherrim - while good - only shined brighter in double battles, so she was certain that wouldn’t be used here. If she had two Pokémon weak to Psychic, she most likely had a Grass/Dark-Type. Of what, she had no idea. Shiftry? Cacturne? Maybe that cool Meowscarada? Okay, maybe not that last one.

Crazy, how there were only three, fully-evolved, non-legendary Grass/Dark-Types.

It was very likely she would have a part Flying-Type to cover for Bug-Types. Jumpluff? Tropius? She’d just have to wait. As for battling Ice-Types, she’d have to have a Pokémon strong against it without being severely weak to it, like Torterra. She didn’t know what that would be, however. As for covering Fire… Could be a Pokémon that may also know Ground-Type moves, but most large Grass-Types were able to learn Earthquake.

She had some idea as to what her team make up would be, but she very much could throw her for a loop and send out a pure Grass-Type. She would just have to think on her feet, keep her Froslass, Infernape, Zweilous, and Sceptile from being knocked out as they were the ones she was sure would net her the win if she was careful.

Once she saw any other Pokémon that wasn’t her Venusaur or Roserade, it should fall all into place.

For now, it was time. The receptionist told her it was time, so she opened the doors and walked onto the battlefield.

Naka walked towards that battlefield, each step making her feel hollow. Light. As if she were on clouds. No gravity. She felt like the entire world was echoing around her. She stepped onto that battlefield, into the trainer’s square, and took in a deep breath.

With a release, she was brought back to reality, the world crashing in as she saw a few fans of hers in the stands. Then Ron, Gwen, and Hana. Then their Pokemon. Naka closed her eyes, and breathed in deeply, then out, the alcohol really helping her.

She tapped her foot to an imaginary beat in her head. A small smile creeped over her face. She remembered nights when she came home from a really bad day from having to do public speeches as a kid or when people bothered her as she fought others. She sang with her Pokémon to let it melt away, singing to rock songs or trying to scream out lyrics to those death metal songs on the radio. While it wasn’t a passion, it helped cool her jets. Last night showed that to her, the raw thrill of singing out to a possible crowd of people, just as long as she had fun doing it and she was with someone, everything was going to be okay.

Last night, she was with Ron, but he was in the stands. No, she will be doing this with her Pokémon. She grinned. “Let’s have fun.” She uttered, the six containers at her hip wiggling in agreement. She looked towards the other side of the field with a smile. Snapping her fingers to that same beat she was tapping her foot to, she pulled out a Pokéball from her belt and twirled it on her fingertip while it enlarged. Snatching it from the air as the finger left it, she sent out her first Pokémon with a jubilant toss, Ludicolo.

Ludwig twirled about and danced, looking back at his trainer and seeing her snapping to a beat. He took it, and danced to it, humming to himself. Naka’s confidence came back in full swing after seeing that trusting gaze from her Ludicolo, and she stared ahead, absolutely ready.

……

Meanwhile, Fluffy let out soft whines. He was worried for Naka and how she’d do in the battle. Upon seeing how loose she was, he furrowed his brow. Was she drunk? She never did this, especially not in the crowd. Who took Naka away? Who was she? He looked up at Luz, then whined and rested his head, his body tense as there were now more people nearby.

Chu didn’t mind the more packed area. She found it exhilarating! She giggled as Hana waved back and she wanted to hop near her, only to hear the crowd get excited about something. She whirled around to see Naka, who looked far more confident than before. With excited cheers, she ran up to Ron’s lap and jumped on his knee, pointing to his PokeBalls and pushing her cheeks in, electrifying herself painlessly and making sure the shocks didn’t touch Ron or Gwen. She wanted Marley to come out so she could teach her how to cheer.

Gardenia
June 17
Eterna City Gym​

Good, she was eager. Perhaps a bit too eager? Gardenia let a small smile grace her lips, usually the gym leader would lead, a small advantage to the challenger who could pick second and thus give themselves a better match-up. The situation had been reversed and Gardenia had no intention of passing on this ‘slip’.

The gym leader gestured to the referee, who quickly went over the rules.

“Challenger Nakano’s Prestige match will be a 6-on-6 battle against Gym Leader Gardenia. The challenger is allowed to freely switch pokémon 6 times, the gym leader is not allowed to switch freely. Trainers...begin!”

With Nakano’s pokémon already on the field, Gardenia knew exactly who she would lead with.

“Let’s get down to battle, Cradily!”

A seasoned Pokémon researcher like Naka would recognize the ancient barnacle pokémon as it stretched to its full height and its tentacles writhed with the promise of pain; she would also be aware of its abilities and how one might match up against her Ludicolo. Would she look to switch to a better match-up? Would she press forward regardless? Gardenia would nudge her just a bit.

“Go Cradily, «Stealth Rock»!”

The ancient flower preened, and rock-type energy began to gather into a set of jagged stones. If all went to plan, those stones would soon bury themselves beneath the battlefield, latent traps that would punish heedless switches.

Azumi finished her dessert with a satisfied smile on her voice and gave Monty a small nod. "I am."

Once outside the restaurant, Nana escaped her PokeBall once more. Having heard Monty's sob story, she had actually stopped glaring at the criminal and was more focused on the city around he. Azumi led them back to "Happy Ending", after Monty showed them how to get back on the main streets of the famous city. Upon arrival, Lily and Oracle had just finished their treatment.

Lily had gotten her claws done, having added a pink color to them. Her fur was softer and brighter and she even seemed more relaxed than before. She bowed to the employees to thank them for their care, who replied with a hope to see you soon. On the other hand, Oracle's side seemed more relieved to see her go, like the kind of reaction you get when a dog barking at you gets pulled back by its leash.

"Well you two look great!" Azumi clapped her hands together before petting Lily and admiring her claws. "I hope you enjoyed it, it's only fair to get such a treatment after a hard fought battle." She looked over at Oracle and then at Monty, "Where to now? Miss Esther and Nico are still missing."

Ron Towers - June 17th, Eterna City Sinnoh.

"Eh, it was mostly Naka." Ron replied to Gwen, not admitting he was indeed cheering his heart out. "Pay attention though, you could learn a thing or two."

While he tried to concentrate, Chu got on to his lap and starting making weird signals. Ron tried to shoo her away, but that didn't seem to work. "Uh, here, Marley can babysit you."

The Raichu popped out of her PokeBall, stretching her paws into the air along with her tail and then shaking her entire body. She looked around and found her adoptive Pichu. Without skipping a beat, Marley wrapper her tail around the Pichu again, pulling her into a hug and snuggling cheek against cheek.

At the same time, Luz ears perked up at the sound of Fluffy's whining. She wasn't sure exactly what was bothering the fire type. She wrapped her tail around one of his legs, trying to do the same thing she did with Ron, using Calm Mind to try and create a peace of mind. Luz rubbed up against Fluffy's side purring loudly to try and pass on her relaxed vibes.

"Fuck em up, Naka!" Ron finally shouted, clapping his hands together after stuffing down his first order of fries. "Show them who's boss!"

Hana Ikarry
June 17th
Eterna Gym, Sinnoh

Hana was digging around her backpack around the time Gwen had come over. She needed to find Decibel's pokeball before she started freaking out and panicking. Sure, Hana couldn't hear what was going on, but she had a good feeling it would begin to get very loud soon, and again the whismur was very loud. And a screaming whismur was NOT good out of a battle!

Eventually, Hana found the pokeball once the noibat in her bag decided to hand it to her. She held the pokeball to Decibel, whispering, "Time to return to your ball... I know how much you hate loud noises, and it seems like it's about to get very loud." The whismur nodded. Decibel had yet to figure out the meaning behind the hand motions, so Hana still had to use words to get her to understand her.

Hana opened the pokeball, and with a red flash, the whismur was back in its pokeball. Hana placed the pokeball back into the backpack right alongside Hertz.

Hana looked over and saw the blue-haired girl from the battle before sitting beside the man. That was the girl from the battle, right? It had to be she looked like her. Hana eventually decided to talk to the girl in her choppy, weird, accented way, "You're Gwen, right? You did an amazing job in that pokemon battle!" Hana hoped she didn't seem weird.

Hana quickly looked down at the stadium, watching Naka appear! Hana watched intently as Naka become suddenly much looser! Hana thought she seemed relatively relaxed and wondered if being loose would help in a pokemon battle. She'd need to ask Naka about it afterward.

Last edited:
Gwen Tucker - 17th of June - Eterna Gym, Eterna City, Sinnoh
Gwen let out a huff as Ron said that it was Naka while she was quite certain that she had heard him cheer for her a good bit as well. She'll ask later as now there was Naka's battle to cheer for. Following the punk's lead, she cupped her hands around her mouth as she exclaimed, "Yeah! Fuck them up!" She said, knowing very well that she used a swear word. What it exactly meant, she didn't know, but she was so hyped up and Ron was yelling it as well.

Then she turned around as she heard someone address her. The girl's accent was weird, but Gwen figured she was probably from another region or something. The young trainer smiled widely, "Thank you! Are you going to watch this battle as well?" she said and turned around, shooting a glance and turned back to the girl who seemed a couple years older than her, "She's a really cool and strong trainer. Ah, I can't wait for it to start!" she said eagerly and turned back to look at the fight as Naka took out her first pokemon and the battle started. This was going to be awesome!

Montagne Khastil

That. Place. Was. Marvelous! The bath was the most relaxing thing Oracle had ever experienced, with a wonderful scrub and conditioning that made her coat shine in the sun. Her fur seemed fuller, glossier, and it made her feel positively regal. And her claws! They'd picked up all manner of dirt from all the traveling the past couple of days, but now they were cleaned, polished, and sharpened.

The spa gave her a pampering of the highest caliber, a spoiling to the highest degree, and she'd only had to snap at her aide a couple times! Nothing could ruin Oracle's good mood!

The Absol padded over to her trainer, eager to show off her fresh look, and Monty crouched down to her level to admire it. The spa did an even better job than their usual groomer on South Boulevard, which didn't bode well for the criminal's wallet. Hopefully Oracle wouldn't get to used to it. "Looking good, partner."

He stood back up and turned to Azumi, thinking through the problem of finding their missing companions. "Lumiose is a big city. Finding either of them'll be...challenging. Our odds'll be just as good if we kill some time and just run into them. Unless you have either of their numbers?"

Nakano Saito​

Battling: Gardenia and Cradily (kyuukestu) vs Ludwig the Ludicolo

Oh, she forgot the ref had to say the rules. And she forgot Gardenia needed to show her Pokemon first. Oh well, she didn't mind going in with a handicap. After all, it evened it out a little bit, Gardenia's not able to switch out any of her Pokemon, and Naka had six free switches.

Seeing Cradily, Naka had a few ideas of what this Cradily had. First, it must have Storm Drain, so that effectively made all of Ludwig's Water-Type attacks null. Not that she was going to have him use any of them. It had draining moves, setup moves, and very defensive. She also recalled it had Mirror Coat, but she wasn't sure if Gardenia was rocking that specifically. She also knew that while Cradily were defensive, they had better Special Defense than physical Defense on average.

If she had Cradily, that meant she probably had a Grass/Fighting-Type, too. Mainly because it was good against Ice and Steel. Ohhh, she really hoped she didn't have Breloom. She'd have to save her Sceptile for that one.

Out of all the noise in the audience, she heard Ron cheer for her, then Gwen following behind him, which made her laugh, hearing the girl swear.

"«Fake Out»!" She knew Gardenia was figuring this was going to happen. Ludicolo charged towards Cradily in a blink of an eye, then clapping right in the Cradily's face, creating a small shockwave to cause a slight bit of damage and a flinch to prevent those Stealth Rocks from forming. If that was successful, he'd jump back with an acrobatic backflip and teeter and totter, his form becoming double and wavy as he used «Teeter Dance».

Fluffy the Flareon, Chu the Pichu​

Date: 1 Month Ago; June 17
Pokemon Trainer: Nakano Saito

Interactions (Fluffy): Luz the Espeon
Interactions (Chu): Marley the Kantonian Raichu

Chu sat there stubbornly until Marley came out, cheering and letting the Raichu wrap her tail around her and pull her into a hug, rubbing cheeks with her as she hugged her. Sparks erupted, but the Pichu didn't get hurt. In fact, the mouse actually flipped out of Marley's tail and held out her mitted hands. They began to create sparkling showers reminiscent to pom-poms and she shook them around to cheer. She stopped them, then pointed at Marley's hands, squeaking that she can do it, too.

Fluffy's body heated up from the sweet touches by Luz. He looked up at her, finding himself melting even further by her care. He looked up at Ron, but felt like he couldn't go too far, even though he really liked Luz. Her purrs and Calm Mind helped ease him. In fact, it helped ease him enough to tell her in his yips that he was worried for his trainer and hoped she didn't lose.

Reginald Valerias​

Date: June 2
Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus
WCS Rank: 69,989

Interactions: Adrianne Silvers (Godjacob), Briar Hightower and Baba the Grafaiai (ThAtGuY101)

Listening to Adrianne, he nodded with a smile. "Yeah, that's a good idea. Oh, nice rod." He complimented her choice, then looked over from hearing something.

Reggie heard the woman on the beach call out to her Pokemon. Oh, the Tentacruel was hers. He knew that, obviously. Then some kids were getting accosted by the lemur, something about that sand castle. He was hoping it didn't turn into a Sandygast.

Adrianne wanted to see what was going on and so he followed her over. This Briar Hightower girl had a strong assortment of Pokemon, so he definitely wasn't going to attempt a battle with her. He watched as Briar got slapped in the face by her own Pokemon, and he chuckled sheepishly. Reggie looked at the Grafaiai and then went into his phone, looking up the Toxic Monkey Pokemon. It was uh... Interesting, to say the least. Probably not his first choice for Paldean Pokemon, but that was besides the point. He did think the lemur slapping his trainer's face was a little funny.

"Uhm, hi, I'm Reggie. Nice to meet you, Briar, I guess." He chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his head. His Munna and Misdreavus hovered over Reggie, staring at the Grafaiai curiously. Maybe for a bit too long.

August 1, Turffield City Gym, Galar
Laura Willham

Milo's words rang inside Laura's head. "Of course, Paralysis." She exclaimed to herself, her right hand curled up into a fist slamming down on her left hand's open palm. "I should have thought of that sooner. Magneton! Use Thunder Wave!" At its trainer's command, the Steel Electric type pokemon began generating blue colored electricity from its magnets.

Just as the opposing Oddish decided to increase its stats with a Growth, Magneton sent out a set of blue bolts at the Grass Poison Type. The lightning bolts would begin to curve around the Oddish, aiming to catch the gym leader's pokemon.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
Turffield Stadium, Galar Region
August 2nd
WCS Rank: 70,203

Wilford had no words to spare for the Gym Leader, fixing a cold glare on the opponent. Truthfully, Milo's mannerisms didn't bother Wilford, but his vernacular unfortunately wrought the rich young man's ire. Wilford's neutral expression turned to a morbid grin as he saw the lily-pad kappa spawn from his Pokéball. This was going to be quick.

Clutching the Pokéball tightly, Wilford pressed the central button to send out his Thwackey, the cyan light of the Pokéball almost immediately giving way to a green expanse of energy while the Beat Pokémon made his appearance. The Grass Type eyed down his strange looking opponent, eventually getting the sense that they were trying to intimidate him. Unwilling to submit to that, the Beat Pokémon lived up to his name by creating rhythmic percussion by banding his sticks on the ground. Simultaneously, he cried out angrily at the Lombre. Wilford had allowed this practice to occur, as many a Pokémon were thrown off by the odd behavior.

"Fake Out," With a snap of a finger Wilford called the first move of the battle. Thwackey didn't hesitate, slamming his sticks together to send a shockwave towards the Water/Grass Type.

He's going easy on me for now. A mistake for sure, but one I'll happily exploit!

"Razor Leaf!" Eyes widening in malicious pride, Wilford made his next command. In response Thwackey swung its sticks towards Milo's Lombre, causing a barrage of glowing green leaves to careen towards the Jolly Pokémon.

Last edited:

Gardenia
June 17
Eterna City Gym​
Pokémon & Status: Cradily {Item: Leftovers} [Confusion: 4 turns]​
Field Effects: None​

The sudden shockwave had Cradily reeling; the still-forming stealth rock crumbled into sand as the move was interrupted.

Fake Out. Gardenia gave a subtle not, unsurprised. Naka would have to be at least this quick if she wanted a shot at her badge. As the opponent moved into a Teeter Dance, Gardenia twitched with the mildest of dissatisfactions. This would make things a bit of a gamble, but—“Cradily, «Stockpile»!”

In spite of its scrambled faculties, Gardenia’s voice pierced the haze and Cradily responded to her commands. The ancient boom pokémon buried its roots into the ground and siphoned up energy and nutrients. Its petals and stem visibly thickened, an added layer of firm plant fibers that increased both its defenses by one stage. At the same time, one of Cradily’s tentacles moves an item closer to its mouth. Sharp eyes would identify it as the leftovers.

With confusion in play, Gardenia had no desire to wait for Naka to launch a litany of attacks, instead, the gym leader seized the advantage to entrench her pokémon further.

“Once more Cradily, «Stockpile»!”

This time too her Cradily managed to grasp her voice through the fugue and heed her orders, soon another round of nutrients reinforced its bulk. It appeared that despite its confusion, Cradily was here to stay.

~Briar Hightower...~
~Briar Pokémon: Grafaiai/Baba(F), galarian wheezing/Puff Puff(M), tentecruel/Maggie(F), Revavroom/Hemi(M), clodsire/Claudia(F), smeargle/Frida(F)...~
Tangelo Island, June 2nd...~
~Rank: 48,420...~

Briar looked over at Adrianne, tilting her head back and raising her eyebrow.

"Sup..." Briar said. The girl was looking at her Baba. Baba playfully stuck her tongue out at Adrianne. She turned to look over at Reggie who had two pokemon by her side. A munna and a misdreavus. An unusual but interesting combination.

"I guess it's nice to meet you both as well...! Cute pokemon, Reggie. I take it, you two are good friends. Watcha fishing for...?" Briar asked. Baba pulled up to stand on Briar's shoulders. Frantically reaching out, swinging her hands wildly so she could touch Elvira. Baba liked the way the flower-like shape sat on her hip. The monkey stared at the flower, drawing the shape of a flower mid-air with her finger.

With her finger tips, Baba pulled her eyelids back and stared at Reggie, as he looked at her. Even doing the 'I got my eyes on you're gesture at him with his left hand. Pointing at her eyes then at Reggie's eyes, then hers again and then back at Reggie multiple times.

"Don't mind her...! She's a harmful" Briar said rubbing her hand across the top of Baba's head. She didn't react to this and moved her eyes back to Munna. Squinting her eyes as if trying to figure out what it was. She scratched her chin in contemplation.

Last edited:

"Well, since I am no longer going to school..." Azumi placed the tip of her index finger to her chin and gave Monty a thoughtful look, "I was planning on buying a new set of clothes to travel with, would you like to tag along?"

Nana raised one eyebrow, threw her hands into the air and began walking ahead, Lily giggling and running right after her. Azumi knew her Pokemon was tired of having so much company for so long, but she was finally making a friend and she didn't want to lose that opportunity.

"I understand men don't tend to enjoy shopping a lot. But I can offer an ice cream cone or maybe a fresh beverage? I promise I don't take long."

Ron Towers - June 17th, Eterna City Sinnoh.

"Yeah, beat the shit out of them! You got this!" Ron smirked at Gwen's words, deciding to teach her proper street language then and there.

Luz felt Fluffy's worry, which she didn't quite understand why. She never worried about Ron when he was in fight, in fact, she worried about his opponents. Still, the Flareon needed comfort and she would provide it as much as possible. She began licking Fluffy's side, trying to bath him to try and make him feel more at ease, letting him now everything was going to be okay.

Marley gave Chu a confused look. Silly Pichu, that's not how you do it. She shook her while placing her paws on her hips. Once Chu was done, she raised her paws into the air and started harshly moving her head up and down. Her tail slammed on the ground a couple times to the rhythm of her head.

Milo​

Date: August 1
Pokemon Team: Oddish, Eldegoss

Battling: Laura Willham and Magneton (Grand Master Koop) vs Oddish

Chuckling sheepishly, he had accidentally given her some help. Oh well.

The Oddish attempted to run, but skidded to a stop as the lightning energy wrapped around its location, only to suddenly zap it. The Oddish shivered, feeling its limbs lock up as it tried to run, only to pause and have to skid to a halt. "«Weather Ball»!" The attack was being made from its glowing leafy ferns, only for the paralysis to shock its body and prevent the sphere from forming, the leafy ferns stopping in their glow. Milo's eyes widened, as Oddish attempted to dodge whatever attack was sent its way from the Magneton.

"Uh oh."

Milo​

Pokemon Team: Lombre, Eldegoss

Battling: Wilford Pine and Thwackey (sSoul) vs Lombre

Milo recognized that peeved look on the trainer's face. Man, this kid was serious! The Lombre didn't care about Thwackey's unusual displays of intimidation. He just stood there, sizing up the Thwackey now, the Grassy Terrain rejuvenating him just slightly. But upon seeing the Thwackey use Fake Out, he called out his own move. "«Fake Out»!" The Lombre charged forward quickly, only for the faster Thwackey to hit first. Lombre's Fake Out failed, making him stumble and flinch. "Oh no!" Milo figured Lombre wasn't fast enough, but it was a valiant effort.

The Razor Leaf hit as well, slicing up the Lombre as he stood there with his arms crossed over his face, bracing the attack. "«Fury Swipes»!" Lombre's red sharp fingers glowed and lengthened, as he charged towards Thwackey, slashing at him five times in quick succession, hoping any one of those hit.

Nakano Saito​

Thankfully, the Stealth Rock wasn't formed, and the Teeter Dance had confused the Cradily. While Ludicolo was busy watching for the opponent's next move, Naka saw the telltale sign of a held item. It had to be leftovers. "«Knock Off» and «Ice Beam»!" Ludicolo's eyes found the item in the Cradily's tentacle, and he rushed to slap it out of the Cradily's hold with a dark hand as if he were possessed by envy.

This let Naka know if Cradily had Suction Cups or Storm Drain at least without healing the damned thing and wasting a turn, because Knock Off at least still did damage, despite the Stockpile's added defense. She had to get rid of that somehow. When Ludicolo attempted to hop back and away from the Cradily's body to avoid getting hit by anything else - until it used a second Stockpile - he fired a beam of ice specifically around the base of the Cradily, going for the vines that were aiding in its added defense. It might not be able to use Swallow or Spit Up if the vines giving it energy were frozen.

Fluffy the Flareon, Chu the Pichu​

Date: 1 Month Ago; June 17
Pokemon Trainer: Nakano Saito

Interactions (Fluffy): Luz the Espeon
Interactions (Chu): Marley the Kantonian Raichu

Fluffy got even warmer. Ohhh, he just wanted to curl up and hide now, why was she being so sweet? He looked over at her, nuzzling her cheek before laying down, his breathing quick from anxiety. He then got into slightly more detail, mewling about how he was worried for whenever Naka remembered there were people there watching her and how nervous she was going to be.

Chu looked at Marley, confused as to why it was wrong. Only to see she was headbanging. Chu laughed, putting up her mitted, sparkling hands and then headbanging with Marley, finding the lightheadedness absolutely hilarious.

Last edited:
Hana Ikarry
June 17th
Eterna Gym, Sinnoh

Hana had replied to Gwen with a nod saying, "Yep! During your battle, I met Naka because she was arguing with some lady and was making my munna nervous! And before leaving for the battle, she asked me to watch those two!" She pointed to the flareon and pichu. She let Gwen finish talking and replied, "Yeah, Naka seems really cool! I'm Hana, by the way!"

Hana turned to watch the match begin missing Ron and Gwen swearing. Hana's eyes were only focused on the match playing out before her, watching as Gardenia sent out a cradily! And the battle began!

Hertz the noibat peaked his head out of the backpack laying at Hana's feet, watching the pichu and raichu banging their heads together. He poked his head out and hopped out of the bag, deciding he had rested enough, and walked over to the two pokemon. He looked as if he was trying not to laugh but joined them in the head-banging action with a few squeaks of laughter.

Hana turned to see her noibat sitting on the back of a chair, head banging along with the pichu and raichu. What is he doing?! She wondered, trying not to burst out laughing at the sight.

Majesty just rolled his eyes.

Last edited:

Gardenia
June 17
Eterna City Gym​
Pokémon & Status: Cradily {Item: Leftovers(Knocked Off} [Confusion: 2 turns]​

Gardenia hummed as Naka called for a knockoff into Ice Beam combo and calmly made another call, “Remain rooted Cradily!”

The latter of the two moves was of particular concern but Cradily’s bolstered defenses would allow it to weather the cold. Still, Gardenia could tell from the accumulated damage to Cradily’s leafage it would fall in one or two more ice beams; the loss of steady recovery ensured that. Was that Naka’s goal? Freeze Cradily to the ground so it couldn’t evade a frozen barrage? It would be a good plan.

As the frosty beam raked over Cradily’s roots it elected for a third «Stockpile» further bolstering its defenses.

Gardenia gleamed; the next turn would be critical...

Last edited:

Nakano Saito​

That Cradily was going to be out of that confusion sometime soon, and she knew that having that third Stockpile could prove a metaphorical death sentence for Ludicolo. One hit of Spit Up or one use of Swallow and Ludicolo was either out for the count or all that damage done for naught.

But they had to be on the defensive now.

"Defensive Ice Spin!" No, it wasn't Ice Spinner. The Ludicolo shot off a continuous beam of frigid cold underneath him and the rest of the battlefield, covering the ground in ice and possibly hitting the Cradily as he did so. Like an ice skater, he skated backwards, and blew an Ice Beam on the ground, creating a sloped wall to hide behind and under. Naka knew a Spit Up would shatter that completely, but now they'd be at a stalemate unless Gardenia sacked her Cradily or used Swallow.

Even then, her Ludicolo had a chance of winning this.

Gardenia & Cradily, the Immortal (suck it Ron)
June 17
Eterna City Gym​
Pokémon & Status: Cradily {Item: Leftovers(Knocked Off} [Confusion: 1 turn] [Sleep: 2 turns]​

The ancient bloom pokémon shuddered and swayed as it was raked with ice once more, the accumulated damage of the previous four strikes clearly having taken a toll on its aged body. However, the groundwork had been lain and it seemed Naka had let herself be caught up in Gardenia’s pace. Now, the gym leader let slip a smirk, not in Naka’s direction but in the direction of the stands where her crass friend had been yelling for the death of Gardenia’s beautiful grass pokémon for the last half hour. Suck it, punk.

“Now Cradily, «Rest» and »Sleep Talk»!”

Against all odds, Cradily managed to heed its trainer once more. As the pokémon drifted off to sleep it rapidly recovered health. Oh, the irony! Unless Naka had some bigger guns up her sleeves it seemed Cradily had become an unkillable wall

It was a bit unfortunate that Cradily’s next move would be random, but that was the price rest exacted. Cradily stirred in its sleep as sleep talk prepared its next move.

Gardenia fixed her attention on Naka, “What will you do now challenger?”

Nakano Saito​

Battling: Gardenia and Cradily (kyuukestu) vs Yuki the Froslass
Stats: 5 Free Switches

Naka watched as Gardenia smirked, then commanded for a Rest.

She grinned. In fact, it matched Gardenia's smirk, if not a bit more deranged fueled by her alcohol and adrenaline. She pulled out her PokeBall, laughing to herself as Gardenia asked what she was going to do next. She returned Ludwig, who bowed to the crowd before being sent back.

"Switch, of course! Yuki!" She threw out the Froslass, who shivered and yawned before looking at the Cradily. She sneered in disgust. What a disgusting barnacle. "You know what to do!"

Yuki nodded, floating beside the sloped ice wall Ludwig made earlier, her eyes widening as they shone purple, then a purple ring blew towards the Cradily to shower the Cradily in red mist. «Hex» was a rather fun move to use.

Naka thought to herself the kinds of moves Cradily just used. Stealth Rock, Rest, Sleep Talk, and Stockpile. She had four other moves, and she was sure it had a Rock-Type move to cover for Ice-Types like Froslass. Good.

Last edited:

Gardenia
June 17
Eterna City Gym​
Pokémon & Status: Cradily {Item: Leftovers(Knocked Off} [Confusion: ended] [Sleep: 1 turn left]​

Gardenia chucked as Naka used one of her free switches. Out came a Froslass, certainly a pokémon to watch out for. As the sinister ghost-light of hex surrounded Cradily, the slumbering plant shook its body and released a scattershot of water droplets. Sleep Talk had called «Brine».

As for Hex? Well, Gardenia wasn’t worried. After three uses of Stockpile Cradily had a heathy layer of plant fibers which blunted the ghost type move. Even with Hex’s increased damage, Cradily could take quite a few.

Gardenia remained silent knowing Cradily would use Sleep Talk again on its own.