• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Theo Hightower
Friday, July 21st
Red Rock Isle, Johto
Interactions: Nakano Saito (Merciless Medic)

Before he left the pokemon center Theo had successfully downloaded the pokedex app, but that was about as far as he had seemed to be able to get it. The app itself was strange, stranger than he had been lead to believe it would be. As he walked he continued to try and get it to work. He figured it out once he pointed it at his Shinx, the pokedex popping up with the pokemon's name and image at least. “That's not much info.” He muttered, force closing the app and restarting it. When ready he would point it at a resting flock of Pidgey, the application reading off Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokemon. No shit it was a tiny bird! That wasn't very helpful. Maybe he should try a different pokemon. Looking around, he spotted another bird pokemon and pointed the phone at it. Wingull, the Seagull Pokemon. This wasn't getting him anywhere. So they knew what seagulls were, but there were no seagulls here? That struck him as unusual.

When he scanned the Shinx again, this time it popped up Shinx, the Flash Pokemon.....he stared at the image for a few seconds, the eye of the Shinx on the screen winking before going back to normal. Ah. So that's how it was. He sighed, shaking his head. “Rotom, was it? Can you...lets talk.” The Rotom extracted itself from the phone, tilting its entire body sideways. “Look. We're...we got off on the wrong foot. Where I'm from, personal assistants like yourself aren't...sentient. They're computer systems. And I treated you like one and that was wrong. I apologize. So let's call a truce, ok? I'll treat you like the sentient pokemon you are, and you don't...yank me around as hard. Deal?” He offered a hand to the Rotom, the electric ghost righting itself while it examined Theo's offered hand. Wellll.......ok It finally responded, accepting the hand and shooting a jolt through Theo's system. Not a painful one, but one that let him now it was definitely there. Theo shook his hand to get the sensation out of his body while the Rotom returned to the phone and floating it in the air, pointing it at the Shinx and reading out all of the Flash Pokemon's relevant info.

Shinx, The Flash Pokemon. The extension and contraction of its muscles generates electricity. It glows when in trouble.

Looking to the screen Theo saw this time it did in fact have much more information on it. His gender and ability, both of which Naka had guessed correctly. His move set, and his parentage. A Luxio mother and a Jolteon father. Theo wasn't sure what those two pokemon were, but he had a feeling he'd learn sooner or later. Lets try those other two pokemon again, shall we??

Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokemon. Among all the Flying type Pokemon, it is the gentlest and easiest to capture. A perfect target for the beginning Pokemon Trainer to test their Pokemon's skills.

Wingull, the Seagull Pokemon. Wingull will fly through the sky as though surfing waves. It normally carries food and other valuable items, then hides them here and there.

What surprised him was that the pokedex app didn't show the parentage or moves of the two wild pokemon like it did his Shinx. He wondered if it had to do something with the fact that Shinx was captured and the two birds weren't. What other pokemon were there around he could get their information on?

Aerodactyl, the Fossil Pokemon. Wait what? Its hard fangs suggest that it was a carnivore. Its sharp claws were probably used to capture prey.

Theo ducked to avoid getting picked up by the fying pokemon, not sure how low the pokemon was flying and not wanting to find out the hard way. Once he was sure it had passed him by Theo would stand, watching as it flew overhead and around the city before heading for the shoreline. And was there...someone on top the Aerodactyl? He ran towards the shoreline with Shinx in tow, the cat pokemon mewing happily at getting to run around. As he neared he heard the familiar voice of Naka call out to him, Theo chuckling a surprised laugh, waving as he got near. He slowed when the Aerodactyl turned towards him, keeping an eye on those hard fangs and sharp claws the dex app mentioned. For a few seconds anyway. His eyes went to the muscles of the creature, the slight pudginess of its belly that indicated it was well taken care of, and the length of its wingspan. This was a large, fine specimen of a pokemon if he had ever seen one. Not that he had, but still. “This is your fossil pokemon? He's...or she's....huge! Is this how as big as they get, or can they get bigger? What does his diet consist of?” He knew it flew, had seen it for himself, and was strong enough to carry at least one person. He looked to her, saw her other pokemon, and started to raise his pokedex before thought better of it. “What um...what's the etiquette for scanning other trainer's pokemon? Ooh. And hey, Naka. Sorry, I'm...priorities are all over the place. About yesterday. I've...never had friends to exchange numbers with. Work colleagues, sure. And I don't think I'm your type. Clueless beyond all reason doesn't exactly scream date me.” he chuckled, looking again to her other pokemon. One looked like it had a pine tree growing on its tail and had leafy green blades on its arms. That, coupled with it's all over green body made Theo guess it was a grass type of some kind. The other three were all in some part submerged in water, leading him to guess that was their typing as well.

Azumi Towers- July 4 - Camphrier Town, Kalos

Azumi looked at the interaction between the new friends Monty had made. He sure was a friendly guy, always getting more people into his group. Still, she couldn't help but notice the confidence one of them was showing, which was kind of annoying. Nana was clearly bothered, twisting her mouth at them. In Azumi's eyes, that was improvement on behalf of her Gardevoir. Since she wasn't glaring at Monty anymore.

"Well I'm sure everyone is going to have a lovely battle, Bonne chance à tous!" Azumi smiled and turned to leave, "I'll be checking out the castle meanwhile!" She called out as she walked away.

Kurashiki

"Don't worry, we can meet up for the tournament tomorrow morning." The girl said to Nico, not wanting to have to interact with more people. "We should meet here maybe an hour before our battle? Just to get some practice in before our turn. Although, there's not much we can do since my Pokemon are pretty much new."

The girl smiled and waved at Nico before turning to leave, "Okay, see you, bye!" and she rushed off.

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 21 (26yo)
Location: Scarlet Beach, Red Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Silenus the Sceptile, Hattie the Hatterene, Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Brute Tooth the Barraskewda, Huntail, Gorebyss

Interactions: Theo Hightower (Sir Krazz)

Theo was awake and alive it seemed, and he looked so excited seeing the derpy Aerodactyl in all his glory. She waited for him to scan her Pokemon, but saw he didn't do that. She nodded excitedly, her face beaming as he asked about her fossil Pokemon. She was about to answer his question, only for him to keep going and he looked so flustered. Confused, too. His joke had her laughing and snorting, crouching to get her giggles under control.

Finally, she was able to, with Naka chuckling and shaking her head. "Ohhh, that was good. Yeah, this is an Aerodactyl. Aerodynamic is what he is. He just goes by Aero. Normally, they're almost six feet tall and their wingspan isn't this long. He was just born to be a true flier. While they are carnivorous, they can eat berries and human food. In fact, he loves chocolate pokepuffs." She patted his head, the Aerodactyl cooing. "Oh... I should make more." She mused to herself before continuing, her Pokemon looking at her expectantly. "As for scanning other people's Pokemon, go ahead. If anybody has a problem with it, they got some other issue going on or are trying to hide their Pokemon behind some costume. But it's common for people to scan each other's Pokemon, so go on ahead. Let me introduce you to my team."

She gestured to her Sceptile who walked over to her and eyed Theo warily. "This is Silenus, a Sceptile. Remember that green tree gecko you saw in that bookmark? He's the last evolution of that. He's a Grass-Type." She then whistled and two of her water Pokemon came out of the water. An ever dancing, scruffy pineapple-looking, sombrero-lilypad-hat-wearing Ludicolo came up, his appearance looking like a jovial kappa from Japanese folklore. Then, a hulking, scarred beast of a mudfish came crawling out, standing beside Naka and softly headbutting her side affectionately. She gestured to them one by one. "This is Ludwig the Ludicolo. A Water/Grass-Type. And this is Mudster the Swampert. He's the final evolution of that water starter that was next to Sceptile's base evolution on that bookmark. He's a Water/Ground-Type. And then~." She sang. A large amalgamation of fish flew out of the water, before the form scattered into a bunch of sardine-shaped lights that disappeared into thin air. Holding out her hands, she caught the little white sardine, smiling. "This is Iwa the Wishiwashi. Instead of evolving, she's got two forms and is a Water-Type." The Wishiwashi made adorable squeaking, nasily noises as she flopped in Naka's hands and waved at Theo. "Most fish Pokemon can live out of water by the way, their gills can take in air. They just prefer not to do that." She threw her Wishiwashi back over her head, her form changing once again as light coalesced around her, before making a big splash as her schooling form, which looked far more menacing.

"I have others too, but let's not cause your brain to explode." She laughed. "I brought three Pokemon I'm going to be letting you borrow, but I first want you to get accustomed to- HEY!" She yelled as she felt two Pokemon burst out of their Pokeballs. Groaning, she rolled her eyes. "No matter how much they listen to me, they just like doing that..."

A small yellow mouse appeared and she squeaked and waved at Theo. Her cheeks looked abnormally engorged unlike what her species should have, and if Theo scanned her, it would show an appropriate cheek size for the Pichu of her species. Next to her was a fluffy red fox with a yellow collar and tail. The air around the Flareon started getting warmer. He regarded Theo with a serious face before looking back up at Naka, confused.

"This is Chu the Pichu, an Electric-Type and what the Pokedex would classify as a Baby Pokemon. Most Baby Pokemon evolve through friendship, but she stubbornly doesn't want to evolve until it's time. Then we have Fluffy the Flareon, a Fire-Type and one of the seven evolutions of Eevee." Excited, the eight-inch-tall Chu ran up to the Shinx, waving her hand as her cheeks crackled with energy. She turned around and showed her tail to the Shinx, squeaking at her to touch tails to show off their electrical energy. However, Chu's electrical energy was so strong she might accidentally hurt the Shinx doing this. Naka knew this and sighed. "Chu, that Shinx might not handle your charge..."

Chu didn't listen.

"Chu is trying to get Shinx to touch tails with her. The Pichu line touch tails as a show of electrical strength and courage to not be scared by their own light. Their tails are also their source of conduction and grounding and Chu's tail is able to redirect electricity to her due to her ability." Which she didn't explain so the poor man can wrap his brain around the fact there were a lot of Pokemon around them.

Theo Hightower
Friday, July 21st
Red Rock Isle, Johto

The sad part was it wasn't a joke. He was clueless beyond all reason, both in the way of pokemon and in women. When it was obvious she was going to be laughing at his expense for a moment an annoyed look would come over his face, Theo producing the Rotom Phone and scanning her pokemon with or without her consent in the meantime.

Sceptile, the Forest Pokemon and the final form of Treeko. Its arms are equipped with razor-sharp leaves, and it moves light through the tree branches in order to attack its enemies.

Swampert, the Mud Fish Pokemon, and the final form of Mudkip. It is able to easily drag large stone weighing over one ton. It is also able to see through cloudy waters and detect approaching storms with its fin.

Ludicolo, the Carefree Pokemon and the final form of Lotad. Ludicolo becomes extremely active whenever it hears a cherry rhythm. This can also lead it to exert extreme power in battle.

By this point the annoyance had faded, Theo looking to the pokedex app. He had noted one similarity between the three pokemon. All of their entries included the worlds final form. They had each started out as a different pokemon, and been trained long enough to have evolved at least once, though he suspected it was twice. Otherwise the app would have said the evolved form and not the final form, at least in his opinion. Just how strong of a trainer was Naka anyway? He listened as she named off her pokemon, their species names, and their typings, giving a nod. He remembered the bookmark pokemon, though truth be told he felt like he would need to look at it again to get a better idea. The Schooling form of Wishiwashi stumble back some, the form dispersing as it was airborne and its small form landing in her hand. “Uh..hi.” He told the small fish, returning the wave with one hand while scanning it with the other.

“Wishiwashi, the Small Fry Pokemon. When in a tough spot, their eyes tear up, which gives it the look of it crying.”

Small fry? That was kind of rude, don't you think? Looking again to her and her pokemon as she spoke, it was clear that she cared for each of them, and they in turn cared for her. It put him at ease. Truth be told he wanted to ask more questions about the pokemon before him, but he also wanted to ask if it would be possible to take a ride on her Aerodactyl. He didn't know anyone, except for Naka of course, who could honestly say they had ridden on the back of a real life dinosaur!

“Yeah, I would like my brain not exploding please. Are....are there pokemon that can do that??? You know what, don't answer that.” He was probably better off not knowing. He was about to ask what kind of pokemon he was going to be training when the two pokeballs burst of their own accord, another two new faces joining the fray. A small yellow mouse with huge rose colored cheeks and a fluffy red dog whose presence made the air around it warmer. He guessed that one was a fire type, and maybe the mouse was an electric type? Given it was yellow like Shinx's front half.

Pichu, the Tiny Mouse Pokemon. It is unskilled at storing electric power. Any kind of shock causes it to discharge energy spontaneously.

Flareon, the Flame Pokemon. The air it inhales is ignited by a flame inside its body and expelled as fire.

Hearing Naka's explination Shinx would look to the Pichu and muse at it for a second before jumping away and turning away from the group, his body outlining yellow electricity which it violently discharged in to the ground in front of him in an arc, holding the discharge for 10 or so seconds before returning to the group and gladly shaking tails with the Pichu. If she had more power built up than she appeared to, he wanted to be ready to take it on without her having to worry about him. Way to go Shinx Theo thought, turning the pokedex back to the Pichu. It looked...different than the one in the app. “Is...is her cheeks supposed to be that big?” He started to turn the Rotom Phone towards her, then realized she likely knew what the Pichu was supposed to look like. “And are these two of the three you want me to train with? Whose the third? And...how are pokemon born? Are some live births and other eggs, like on my world?” It was true there were a lot of pokemon around, and it was somewhat overwhelming, but he was still enjoying it. More pokemon meant more questions, which meant more things to learn. And if there was one thing he loved it was learning. While his tail was still mingled with the Pichu's Shinx would look to the Flareon and call out a happy cry to the fire type, feeling somewhat safer calling out to the pokemon his own size rather than those that towered over himself and some even over Theo. Theo thought for a moment, pointing his Rotom Phone at his Shinx again, looking something up. "It says here Shinx father is a Jolteon. Would that be a relation to Flareon? Their names are similar, so I thought maybe they evolved from the same pokemon. Eevee you said, right?"

Nakano Saito​

Pokemon Team: Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Silenus the Sceptile, Hattie the Hatterene, Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Brute Tooth the Barraskewda, Huntail, Gorebyss

She didn't mean to laugh that hard, but she did. Naka figured Theo was going to be upset about it, but she didn't care too much. He'd just have to learn to take it in stride at some point. She noticed that the Pokedex description only caught her Solo Form, so she was going to explain her School Form. Or would have if he hadn't said not to make his brain explode. Oh, and Pichu's Pokedex entry was correct, but it didn't exactly apply to Chu.

She watched as the Shinx discharged his electricity before touching tails with Chu. A bright light sparked between the two, and Chu cheered as the electricity buzzed her tail and tickled her. It was nearly as bright as a welding light, and it was getting rather hot. To prevent burning, Chu pulled away and clapped her hands, her mitted hands becoming alight like July 4th sparklers as she cheered. Fluffy looked at the Shinx, huffed, and looked away.

Theo's question about Chu's cheeks had Naka smiling. "Chu has been with me since I was ten. She's sixteen years old as of this year, and her ability caused the genetic mutation. Normally, they'd just have Static, which could cause your opponent's body to lock up through paralysis if they attack her and make contact. But she has a different ability that redirects electricity to her and she can safely absorb it, boosting her power. It's called Lightning Rod. She can also redirect radio signals towards her. Through training, she doesn't shock anything in surprise anymore except in rare circumstances and she can store more energy than normal."

She shook her head at his question for training the two who appeared. "These aren't the two you'll be training. You'll be training Water-Types. Whirl Cup only accepts three Water-Typed Pokemon." She let Theo's other question hang in the air as she grabbed three more Pokeballs, but she didn't release them yet. "Pokemon breeding is a more of a... Well, no one can really explain it. Some of us think they do what humans do, which I guess they do. Other times, it's a marriage of their energy that coalesce into an egg. Even mammalian Pokemon are born in egg form. As for Jolteon, yes!" She cheered. "You're learning! Oh, they grow up so fast." She mock sniffled and wiped away an invisible tear before going back to normal. "Yes. Normally, naming conventions are rather on the nose or ambiguous in terms of what the Pokemon is called. Each Eevee evolution ends with -eon."

She looked at Aero, then smirked. "You want a ride to help clear your head?" She grinned even wider, Aero perking up and looking at Theo expectantly, tail wagging like a dog. He then crawled over to him, sniffing him like a dog and cooing, rubbing the side of his face against his leg. Or at least tried to. A saddle and reins were already attached to him, as well as a safety loop around his dorsal spine, of which its connection was being taken off from Naka's waist as she held it over her forearm. "I think he wants to show you Scarlet City." She laughed, walking over. "Aero, remember be gentle in your flight."

Aero groaned, but soon perked up again and tried licking Theo, only to get sand on his tongue and he immediately stepped back and tried shaking his head, his tongue wagging in the air and the sand not leaving. He sat down and tried spitting and wiping away the sand with his forearm, whining. Naka snorted. "Oh, you poor thing." She rolled her eyes, letting Aero figure it out himself.

She instead turned to Theo and smiled. "You ready?"

Theo Hightower
Friday, July 21st
Red Rock Isle, Johto

They say never ask a woman her age. There wasn't a need to when they aged themselves with such information like she had provided. “And...why doesn't she evolve?” Personal preference was the first thing that came to his mind. That, or she didn't want to grow to be as big as whatever it was she would evolve in to. It was fascinating to learn that such a mutation could occur in an individual pokemon over the course of its lifetime. Normally something like that would have been attributed to Darwinism, but not so here. “Ok....and...whats a Whirl Cup?” he had taken note of the amount of people in the city, but chalked it up to either this is how populated the city normally was, or that there was a celebration of some sort going on. The thought of a competition happening hadn't occurred to him, because how odd would that be that he just happened to be teleported to this exact island, out of all the land masses in all the world, just days before a tournament? Actually, pretty likely. Shinx would sit back on his hind paws and look to his front ones, then try unsuccessfully try to imitate what the Pichu had done. All he got was a thin line of electricity to spark between his paws, Shinx mewing happily at just that and hopping around, brushing up against the Pichu before bounding away, wanting to play.

She was mocking him again, wasn't she? “Mmm. Believe it or not. Young dogs can still learn new tricks.” Each Eevee evolution eneded with -eon, and he had already heard of Jolteon and seen a Flareon. That left 5 more to go. Eevee was definitely a pokemon he wanted to study more about. All pokemon were born from eggs? Did that mean he had eaten a pokemon egg the day before? It wasn't as disturbing as it sounded when he thought about it. Chickens laid eggs and he had omelets every chance he got and that never bothered him. When the Aerodactyl sniffed at him and rubbed his head against Theo's leg Theo would tentatively reach out and rub the pokemon's head. It was hard and rough, like rubbing his hand against a solid yet smoothed over rock. Theo couldn't help but stifle a chuckle when the Aerodactyl got a tongue full of sand, rubbing his fingers together that had rubbed the Aerodactyl's head. “Mom and dad, eat your heart out” he could be heard muttering, giving a nod when asked if he was ready. “As ready as I'll ever be. Aero” he turned to the Aerodactyl, grinning “Please be gentle. It'll be my first time riding saddleback” Ok now he was doing it on purpose. He again turned to Naka, saluting. “Ready captain!”

July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto, Eveline

Eveline paused for a moment after Naka did a whole dump of info/theories on her, attempting to take everything in. The only thing she was able to truly get a grasp on was "beat people up and steal their money" and "go to Sinnoh". She would take her ID back, and begrudgingly took the pity money, giving off a small snarl. She was about to stand up, but then realized if she was going to be heading out so soon as to avoid any possible... dangerous scenarios, there were some things they needed to know about her... well, her then, not now. Well, yes now but not like, who she was. But she was talking about herself, just... you get the picture.

"...Alright, I'll probably head out tomorrow morning then. There are some things you should probably transmit to the others... see, I'm actually blind in one eye, hence the greyish-white iris, same with the tyke, don't ask, tragic ass backstory, that's why she doesn't always come immediately, because she doesn't see you, and she also gets hyper-focused if she gets interested in something, tuning everything out. Second, just... do not. Remove. The scarf. She'll abandon it eventually, but... she has a reason for not wanting to take it off. Third, just... I know Sam is a little shit sometimes but... just humor the little guy, he'd give anything to go into catering, that's why he loves food so much... for better and for worse. If he steals any food just... go easy on him. Back home in Shalend, he... didn't exactly get a lot of variety in his food, so new experiences mean a lot to him. And finally... if any of them want to follow after me, obviously... make sure Reina doesn't follow, since the kid is in her care. I'll say my goodbyes tomorrow, but for now... I need a fat nap..."

Eveline then got up, proceeding to pick up her Pokémon from getting all patched up and heading down to the hotel to sleep.

Esther
Monday, July 4
Camphrier Town
Kalos Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Tarrah Ta’Ella (Bounsweet), Kasriel Ikaros Svelinka Sō (G-Zigzagoon), Bâquîle Nâva (Goomy), L’ Basseau. (Surskit)
In Esther’s care: Houndour​

Esther’s heavy eyelids almost shut on the way to the registration desk. Her mind swooned over the idea of a comfy nap by the riverside. She’d find two trees and hang her hammock just low enough that she could— ~YAWN~

It was a good thing Monty was handling all the paperwork. He was kind of slow about it though, couldn’t he hurry up? Didn’t he know she was sleepy? Arceus! Ugh, now he was chatting up some—Sycamore Labs. What? There were lab trainers in this tournament? Of course, they were! Pompous little shits!

Esther remained quiet; Monty was doing a pretty good job of speaking for both of them. Forget the nap! If she lost again to a Sycamore Lab trainer she’d throw a fit! As soon as they were out the door Esther made her intention clear.

“TRAINING BEGINS NOW!”
$3,889
Hand-woven kilt
Pokéballs x2

Everstone x 1 – $15,000.00

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 19 (26yo)
Location: Pokemon Center, Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Silenus the Sceptile, Hattie the Hatterene

Interactions: Eveline (Quantum Lila), Aldon (ThAtGuY101)
Messaged: Reina Cortez (Hecotoro), Esther Sophys (kyuukestu)

To know more about Gene, she'd take this information to Reina. She figured Eveline still wasn't exactly too pleased about the "pity" money, but Naka was a generous soul, and she didn't want to leave Eveline without some way to pay for herself. She nodded at her advice, giving her a smile. "Alright. Thank you for that. Have a good one. I'll make sure to tell Reina. Get some rest."

With that, she remembered having taken Esther's and Reina's phone numbers beforehand, so she put them in a group chat and texted what Eveline said. "I got some information on Gene. Don't let Gene follow Eveline, and since Gene is in your care Reina, don't follow Eveline. There's a... Time thing. Don't talk to Eveline about this, I don't want her thinking I just told you two, but there can be some paradox shit happening. Either way, 1) She's blind in one eye. 2) She hyper focuses and tunes everything out. 3) Don't remove the scarf ever. She'll do it eventually. 4) Her Phantump, I'm assuming, can be a little shit apparently, but go easy if he eats a lot of food. Where they're from, Shalend, Sam didn't get a lot of variety in food, so he's trying to branch out. Haha, no pun intended, I swear."

Once she hit send, she got up and stretched. "I'll say my goodbyes today. I don't think I'm going to be sleeping in the same room as y'all. I'm starting to get a bit anxious for that Whirl Cup stuff." She scratched her arm and waved. "Hope things get better for you, Eveline."

With a parting goodbye, she walked over to Aldon, smiling at him. "So, heard you worked for Ezio. I wanted to know what kind of work you've done for him. Mainly because I wanted to help him out with some ruin maniac stuff, but then realized he's got helpers. But, since I'm interested in the stuff, lay it all on me, I wanna know what you do." She said excitedly, ready for the info dump.

Nakano Saito​

His question about why Chu didn't evolve had Naka going back to some old memories. Naka shrugged. "I don't know. If I knew, it's probably in years of memories I'd rather not look back on." Depressing shit out of the way, Naka chuckled as her Aerodactyl tried to be an affectionate dog and fail. But he got HEADPATS and that's all that matters. There was some scarring around Aero's head, but that was from past fights.

Meanwhile, her Pichu was running around and letting the Shinx chase her down. Seeing that, the Sceptile made a series of clicking noises before laying down on the ground, sending his arms up to his elbows into the sand and curling up partly. Fluffy immediately took the spot next to his side and rested against him, while Chu climbed up Silenus's back and squeaked for the Shinx to climb up so they could play on him.

"Whirl Cup is a tournament where you fight other trainers for prize money and a reward. I'm in it, and despite it throwing you on the deep end, it's a good learning experience. It's pretty big here, despite being a local thing." His comment on young dogs had her chuckling. "Hah, I was meaning that as you're learning at a pretty quick rate. It was supposed to be a compliment, goober."

As Aero managed to get all the sand off his tongue (he swore he could feel more), he looked up at Theo and nodded. He cooed and tried booping his nose against Theo's stomach gently. Then he moved so that his side was facing Theo, his arms outstretched forward so he can sit down. The saddle was situated around the dorsal spine, that way it wasn't moving anywhere (there were still belts though, which wrapped around his chest and one belt went back to wrap around the base of his tail). The person was supposed to sit right behind the dorsal spine and it acted as a sort of built-in saddle horn for the reins. It also had a safety loop, of which Naka gave him the belt for it, which the safety loop around the dorsal spine had a clip to attach to the belt's loop. "Here, wear this. Just in case." She smiled, snorting a bit at his salute. It was a simple belt. If anything, he could probably wear it to hold up his pants if it weren't for the big loop that should sit in the front.

"Make sure the safety loop is clipped to you. Normally, they don't have stirrups, but I gave this saddle stirrups just in case and to give more control in turning. But, just so Aero doesn't get confusing signals, just let him fly you where he wants to take you, and point to where you want him to go." They looked like stirrups one would see on a horse's saddle. Aerodactyl waited with excited anticipation, eyes looking at Theo with expectant happiness.

Theo Hightower
Friday, July 21st
Red Rock Isle, Johto

“ooh. Well, that's fair.” He didn't want to dredge up old memories she didn't want dredged up. He nodded when she informed him about the Whirl Cup was. “I see I see....and um...when is this tournament?” he saluted again “That's me captain! Lt. Goofy Goober at your service sir!” The boop to his stomach was met with no resistance, though Theo did try to offer some. He didn't offer enough, and instead was doubled over on the poor Aerodactyl's head for a few seconds before righting himself. It took a few tries to do, but Theo did eventually manage to get himself situated in the saddle, securing the belt as instructed. Better safe than sorry in situations like this. He again nodded at her suggestion for letting Aero take him where he wanted to go, leaning down as best he could and rubbing the Aerodactyl's head. “You heard her Aero. You're in charge of this flight. Just try not to kill me please. Shinx” he looked up at the cat pokemon, who was by this point was also on the back of the Sceptile, still playing with the Pichu. Turning to Theo he would hear “stay out of trouble, yeah?” The Shinx called out happily before returning to his game with the Pichu, making sure not to accidentally injure the Sceptile in the process.

Nakano Saito​

Being asked when the tournament was, she smiled. "Tomorrow or the day after." She laughed, knowing that wasn't enough time for him. His lieutenant goofy goober situation had her laughing again. "You're a trip, kiddo." Her Pichu waved at Theo, seeing him about to take flight. She then tackled the Shinx, uncaring of whatever she did to Silenus as he could take whatever they did to him.

Aero looked behind him and let out a screech, his arms out to feel the wind flow through and around his body. His body shifted, legs prepping for take off, and Theo might notice - if he was paying attention - that he can feel every minute shift of his muscles. His body was almost all muscle.

That potbelly? He had just ate. This Aerodactyl was the definition of himbo.

Aero jumped and flapped, the wind taking him up, and then he let loose a powerful flap, sending him twenty feet in the air. Now that there was no ground to stabilize, Aero can feel every shift and movement from Theo, and vice versa if he was paying attention. Any minute shift of a tilt made Aero compensate to control where he were to turn.

But it wasn't just the minute sensations of being on top of a riding animal, but seeing the sight before them as Aero flew up. He coasted and glided along the air waves, the sun was shining beautifully out as it neared its zenith. The streets below were dotted with locals and tourists alike for the upcoming tournament, the city below a mixture of modernity and traditional Japanese island housing.

At this height, one can see how Scarlet City and Red Rock Isle got their names. The city was a glorious crimson, the scarlet rocks glinted in the sunlight. The city had a beautiful glow of red. Like passion, liveliness.

To Aero, it was beautiful.

~Briar Hightower...~
~Briar Pokémon: Grafaiai/Baba(F), galarian wheezing/Puff Puff(M), tentecruel/Maggie(F), Revavroom/Hemi(M), clodsire/Claudia(F), smeargle/Frida(F)...~
Tangelo Island, June 2nd...~
~Rank: 48,420...~
~Reactions: Adrianne and Reggie...~

Briar looked at Reggie and chuckled.

"So maybe just the reds and blues then, I guess" Briar said. When they got back to shore, she thanked her tentecruel, Maggie for her assistance. Giving a light hearted chuckle as Reggie came onto shore exhausted. No doubt a near death experience does that to a person.

Heading back to heal up was great for the others but Briar didn't need it. Her mon were healed up and ready to go. At the pokécenter, Briar sat near the entrance while they got their mon healed. It seemed Reggie got the initiative and got herself himself into a two versus two battle.

"Come to think of it... Aster... Aqua... Aaace. Adriaaanne... You guys are basically your own lil A-Team" Briar said grinning to the thought. She watched Reggie's battle. It was alright. Briar instinctively went to take a sip from her flask but managed to resist the urge. A true feat of strength that was, and an amazing example of sheer willpower. A bulwark to stand the test of time. Perhaps for now, she'd keep thoughts like that to herself. Gotta have some semblance of modesty here and there.

Spoiler: Briar's mystery bag
$20,939
14x super balls
5x hyper Potions
3x Full Heals
6x sitrus berry
7x water bottles
4x repels
Rotom phone
a bottle of whiskey
x2 mystery flasks
x6 shot glasses

Gwen Tucker - 19th of June - Snowbound Lodge Route 216, Sinnoh
Gwen giggled as she felt the cold air from Mamoswine hit her face. The younger trainer turned to see that her own Swinub had found them. The little Pig Pokemon got closer, curiously sniffing at the elder Twin Tusk Pokemon. With permission from him, the young ice type hopped on his tusk and climbed up. She loved the view from up high and adored that she found an elder member of her evolution line. Maybe being with humans wasn't so bad if she got food and got to play like this instead of being out in the wilderness..
"Aww look at her! I wish I could be up high like that," Gwen said, but then turned to Akira, "Oh, wow.. Is Mamoswine that strong?" she asked and looked at the older trainers' pokemon again. It made sense though. It was his starter and they've won so many badges together as well..

"Ah! I'm a trainer! Got my first badge from Eterna and planning to challenge Snowpoint next!" Gwen proclaimed, puffing out her chest proudly. Afterwards? It was weird to think about anything afterwards as she had such a long way to go still, "I dunno. Go to the Lily of the Valley tournament. Get stronger?" the young girl said, shrugging her shoulders. Honestly she hadn't at all thought about anything else than doing the gym challenge..

Gwen Tucker - July 18th - National Park, Johto

Gwen turned to Ron, but did occasionally glance to see that Peanut and Ozzy weren't running off anywhere too far away. She did find the style of battling interesting and even me so as the punk trainer showed it off to her, "Me? Guess I could try it," she said, not sounding all too confident in herself. Cobalt immediately raised his flipper to contend in being her pokemon to try the style as his interest was piqued as well. Ozzy and Peanut were busy playing together and Gwen didn't want to interrupt that so she then looked down at the newest addition to her team, Cotton the Eevee.

"How about it Cobalt and Cotton? Ready to try it?"

"Prrrinplup!" the Penguin pokemon said with an eager nod meanwhile the Eevee looked around shyly before turning his gaze up at Gwen with a nod as there were no other trainers looking at them. Their trainer took out their respective pokeballs, a normal one and a premiere and returned them. Facing the same tree that Ron had attacked.

"Okay.. Let's try it. Cotton, Swift! Switch! Cobalt, Metal claw!" the blue haired girl commanded and out popped the Eevee who shot out stars at the tree trunk with a swipe of his tail, but Cobalt popped out of his pokeball a bit before his teammate had the chance to return. Still, the moves were performed to the end as the water type's flippers got a metal sheen on them and then slashed at its target before hopping back to his trainer.

Theo Hightower
Friday, July 21st
Red Rock Isle, Johto

Tomorrow? Like the day after today tomorrow, that tomorrow??? Deep end was an understatement. Once he was on the Aerodactyl's back he could indeed feel all the muscles the pokemon had, finding the whole situation fascinating. Aero's skin felt hard as rock, yet he could still tell there was meat and bones under that rough exterior. He really felt them when the Aerodactyl took off in to the air with enough force that Theo was face planting on the Pokemon's dorsal fin, Theo having to peel himself off with a light shake of his head. “You did that on purpose.” He shook his head to get back in the right head space, looking to the city for the first time from this height. From here, for the first time in forever, he realized how the city got its name. He thought it had been the sight of a bloody battle and was named as such to memorialize what had happened there. Seeing it now however, he started having second thoughts. And just think, this was only one city. One city in a big wide world of pokemon. “Wow” was all he could say, grinning at the thought of seeing the rest of the world like this. “Lets go, Aero!” he pointed towards the red roofed building in the distance, realizing it had been the pokemon center he had stayed in the night before. He wanted to see it all. The city. Where ever the Whirl Cup was going to be held. Everything.

Ron Towers, Johto, July 18th, Goldenrod City.

"Oh shit, that was really good." Ron seemed amazed for a bit before giving Gwen a thumbs up. "Keep trying to get that timing perfect. Heck, Furia crashed into her teammates when she was just learning. Don't tell her I told you that though."

The punk crossed his arms and looked around the park, it was pretty lively, so finding opponents for Gwen wouldn't be too difficult. Should they go train at the Goldenrod gym the next day? The thought of facing Whitney made Ron shake his head and think of another solution. He did have a reason to be in Johto, but he needed a good excuse to ditch Gwen and go to the Underground to get some answers.

"So, how's Cotton settling in?" Ron asked his traveling buddy, trying to keep things from going quiet. "She still looks a bit shy."

July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto. Reina, current rank, 34,107

Reina sat there, clapping her hands in rhythm along with Naka's Ludicolo to try and get hers to do the same. Chente had too much dancing energy, something he wasn't used to and was having trouble keeping up with the tempo. While the trainer was having fun with the dancing Pokemon, a message from Naka came in.

Reina read it careful, not understanding what she was talking about regarding time and paradoxes, but the other instructions, well she already knew them. Gene's scarf was sacred to the little girl, Reina didn't know why, but she always made sure she had it on right and made sure to adjust it if it ever began to fall. The eye explained a lot of things, Reina was suspicious that something was wrong, but now she didn't have to talk to Gene about seeing a doctor. Then there was the hyper focus, which was pretty much obvious. Oh and Sam, the issue was him stealing, but hopefully Gene was using the pocket money Reina had given her.

Why was Eveline involved in this though? That was Reina's true question. Either way, as long as Gene was in no danger, she didn't have much to worry about. She replied with a Got it and a smiley face. Speaking of the devil... Reina got up and looked around, it was about time she fed her child.

"Gene, Sam!" She called out, "Let's go eat!"

Gwen shook her head and crossed her arms, thoughts of how she could better herself pretty much rejecting any praise that Ron gave her. She should have made sure that Cobalt got out only when Cotton was done. Her most agile pokemon was Cotton by far and Cobalt had the most battling experience. There was no telling how things would go with Peanut or Ozzy. If this was a dying battling style, was it even worth training? She couldn't possibly use this in official league battles, right?

"Oh, him?" Gwen said snapping out of her thought and released her Eevee once again, "Still a bit timid yeah, but it's only really when there are tons of people or pokemon around," she explained and threw a glance around the park, "Sort of like now," she added as Cotton once again sat close to Gwen, as if he was glued to her leg. She crouched down to pet the Eevee to try and soothe him a bit, "It's alright,"

Cobalt saw how deep in thought his trainer was. The pensive expression, furrowed brow. He wanted to help his trainer but wasn't quite sure how. He wanted to help her like how she had helped him. They were a team right? They won together, so why shouldn't the loss be taken as such also? Gwen shouldn't have it resting on her shoulders alone. Yet, Cobalt kept these thoughts for himself.

"Prinplup, prin!" the Penguin squawked when he noticed that Peanut and Ozzy were running off a bit too far. The two pokemon lift their heads and notice it, coming a bit closer, but not all the way like Cobalt had asked them to. The Prinplup sighed and shook his head.

"Oh, right, thanks Cobalt," Gwen said as she noticed what her starter was shouting at.

Last edited:

Ron looked at Gwen and sighed. Was he ever that moody? Probably worst, he sorta felt bad for his family for having to deal with that regularly.

"He'll grow out of it."

The words of Ron's mother echoed in his mind. If she only knew he was still a stubborn Mudsdale. Maybe Gwen needed to distract herself more? The issue of bottling up your feelings and drinking away your problems, was that you didn't know how to help out someone who wasn't allowed to drink yet. Ron cleared his throat and tapped Gwen on the shoulder.

"Let's go take a better look at the park."

Dear Arceus was Ron uncomfortable. Naka was the one that dealt with this sorta of thing, how was he supposed to? It was like a Furia, except without the fear of being burned alive or have your hand bitten off... Well maybe. The punk remained silent, leading Gwen across the park, hoping she would speak with an activity she wanted to do, even though he didn't expect her to do so.

"I once found a TM for Dig around here." Ron said, trying to start a conversation. "Furia used it to beat Whitney, it was pretty cool."

Ron stopped as they reached the famous fountain in the middle of the park. "You know you can make a wish, just throw a coin in there and think what you want really hard." He put his hands in his pockets, but no pocket change. "Legend has it one of the guardians of Johto will hear it and help you reach it." Ron looked at Gwen. "Got any change?"

Gwen looked up at Ron and gave him a shrug, "Sure," as a short reply as well, "Ozzy! Peanut! We're gonna move. Come back to your pokeballs," she then called out to her two playful pokemon who ran back to their trainer. She returned her Eevee, Swinub, Deino and was about to do the same for Cobalt, but he put his flipper on her hand right as Gwen was about to grab the pokeball.

"Huh? I mean I guess it's fine for you to stay out," she said, looking down at her starter, with a small smile. The trainer and pokemon then followed Ron in a sort of thick silence. Of course there was all the background noise going on from all the trainers and all the nighttime bug pokemon that were waking up, but neither Gwen or Ron were saying anything. Well, until Ron did.

"You found an TM just lying around here? Really?" the young blue haired trainer asked, finding it hard to believe. Though, saving up to buy a TM didn't sound like a bad idea at all.. How much money did she have? There was a department store in Goldenrod if she remembered correctly. Maybe they had some powerful moves that she could take advantage of..

Once again, Gwen snapped out of her thoughts as Ron talked and mentioned the wish thing with the coins and all, but wasn't at all aware of the last bit. Well, there was a similar myth in Sinnoh where tossing a coin into a fountain would have the Lake Guardians help you instead.

"Uh, hold on let me see," the blue haired girl said as she took her purse out of her jacket while Cobalt looked at the fountain and dipped his flipper into the water and watching the ripples, "Yeah I got some coins," Gwen said as three coins spilled into her hands from her purse. She handed one to Ron, assuming that the Punk wanted to make a wish and was about to put the other two coins away. Her mind changed though when there was only one coin in her palm as she thought of a wish.

"I'll make a wish," she stated looking into the fountain and down at the water where she saw her reflection stare back at her, only breaking up from the ripples made by the fountain pouring water back into itself. Gwen chewed at the inside of her cheek. Was she really going to rely on a coin and a wish for this? Looks like she was..

I wish to be a strong trainer for my pokemon.

And so Gwen tossed the coin into the water and both her and Cobalt watched the coin sink to the bottom where dozens of other coins laid as well.

Akira​

Date: June 19; 1 month prior
Pokemon Team: Mamoswine, Bastiodon, Chandelure, Chesnaught, Toxapex, Goodra

Interactions: Gwen Tucker (IDKWhatUserNameToDo)

The Mamoswine was practically grinning ear to ear if anybody could see under his scruffy hairs. He was so happy as the Swinub climbed up to the top that he let out a happy grumble. Hearing Gwen wanted to climb up, he shot her a grin. Only for Gwen to ask him a question. He nodded, chuckling sheepishly. "Yuppers." Hearing she hadn't had much plans, he chuckled. "At least ya got spirit, kid. Next badge is Candice, hm? Interesting. Doing things outta order, I see. Either way, you have plenty of time to think about what you're going to do after all is said and done. Either you join some kind of research or crime fighting run like Naka, or you find your own path to pave.

The Mamoswine looked at Gwen expectantly, having reminded Akira what Gwen had said earlier. He turned his Mamoswine, patting his side. "You wanting to walk a bit?" He nodded. "Aite, Gwen. Looks like he's ready for you to climb up. How about you enjoy riding a tall Pokemon for a spell until your food's done?" The Mamoswine squatted as much as he could, eyeing Gwen with huge, round eyes, pleading her to hop on because he was severely restless and wanted to play.

??? the Hex Maniac​

Date: July 18
Pokemon Team: Probably Ghosts

Interactions: Gwen Tucker (IDKWhatUserNameToDo), Ron Towers (Hecotoro)

A young woman (well, not looking conventionally young) stood by the fountain. Staring at it. She was wearing an oversized hoodie where the sleeves were long enough to cover her hands and drape. Her hair was long, unkempt, and it looked like she had a nest growing in there with how long since she last brushed it. Her grey eyes looked practically soulless as they stared into the rippling water.

Another ripple came from somewhere.

She looked over to see it was a penguin Pokemon. Despite the first and last stages of starter Pokemon being rather popular, the middle stages weren't so popular. They should be by proxy, but the young woman couldn't put her finger on what that Pokemon was. Her eyes darted to the two humans who approached the fountain. No one dared got close to the fountain while she was there. These two must be made of sterner stuff.

Purple hair up in a sort of sad mohawk, and the kid's hair being blue. It wasn't hard to figure out who the Prinplup belonged to. The woman watched as the girl did all those little wishes everyone else does to put their futures in the hands of fate.

She did that once...

But hearing Ron speak of some old wives' tale had her chuckling, like a long-lost memory coming back to her. She waited for the two to finish up their wishing of their fountain, feeling oddly considerate today. "They used to..." She said quietly, her whisper barely audible. Her arms were held up to her chest, hands on top of one another as she rubbed them. "They used to... Or so said my nana..."

She looked at the two, a crazed look in her eyes, dark circles under them to show just how little sleep she had recently. This crazed look rivaled that of Naka's, but there was an edge to them. Naka's look was rather unhinged due to enjoyment. This lady's crazed look held something else, like some forbidden knowledge.

"Did you know it only takes five inches of water to drown someone?" She asked, her gaze slowly looking back at the fountain. They then snapped towards Gwen, as if remembering something crucial. "The legends won't help if you don't keep to your promise of your wish, little girl. You..." She pointed at her and walked a couple steps forward, uncaring of any protective displays from the punk or the penguin. "You must try your hardest, then these legends will grant you your wish. They won't do anything if you don't pay your end of the unspoken wishing bargain. If you just leave it up to fate, it will never happen unless you're lucky."

She then giggled, as if she said something funny, yet it sounded pained. "Lucky... Lucky... Oh, where did you go...?" She smiled, but there was no mirth in it. There was only a forlorn sadness that haunted that ghost of a smile. Then she looked back at the girl. "You. You battle me. Maybe Lucky will come back to me if we fight. He always loved watching fights." It was less of a suggestion and more of a command, her posture hunched as she walked around them, seemingly stalking around them like a hungry Houndour. She pulled out her Pokeball, giggling again, yet it still held no mirth. It sounded nervous. "Maybe you will be my lucky battle, and Lucky will come back. And if Lucky comes back, then you will be lucky in your wish. But you can't get lucky if you don't try. Lucky, lucky..." She giggled again, holding the precious Dusk Ball in her hands as if it were treasure to her.

Nakano Saito​

Aero cooed sadly as Theo hadn't braced himself for the hit, giving him an apologetic purr before flying off. The world was magnificent up high. The Wingull flew beside them, gliding on the same air waves and gossiping to each other, to which Aero was thankfully privy to. Something about a tournament, most likely. And how human tourists were so dumb that they could just easily steal from them.

One even stole some ice cream.

As Theo pointed out where to go next, Aero cawed and dove, picking up speed as his wings folded in before suddenly extending them, gliding across and zooming past the Pokemon Center. With a tilt of his body, he banked around until he found the coliseum, it's splendorous open theater with a whole coral bed and pillars in the middle jutting over and up.

This was where they were going to fight in.

Banking around after encircling the tournament once to give Theo an eyeful, he flew overhead around the city. Most people were rather unaware of a flying fossil overhead, but those who did look up pointed and waved. Mostly children, of course. Some adults who read too much simply froze and looked on with wide eyes, unsure if they should run or if it was safe.

Aero banked again, this time only doing so once they hit the other end of the island, turning around to see the other side of the large Isle's beach. Underneath them was an ocean teeming with life. With enclosed wings, Aero dove again, this time opening his wings right before hitting the water, causing them to glide just over it and sending water crests behind them with the speed they were going at. Magikarp jumped out of the water, Gyarados arced out and back into the water, Wingull and Pelipper flew over a particular spot where an angry goldfish with a horn tried stabbing at them. Blue fish hopped and huge manta rays breached the water with them, one of these manta rays having smaller, aqua blue manta rays cheering and bounding happily after them, and another still had an orange octopus clinging for dear life to its back. Brown and purple sea stars with gems for cores were seen hopping out of the water or chilling on the beach side, and there was a swarm of the familiar Krabby and their evolution chilling nearby on the beach.

There was just so much.

As Aero banked again to go over the city, this time climbing a little into the air to avoid hitting buildings and slowing down in the process, muscular Pokemon aided humans alongside them in construction and lifting, while spiky shrews and a trio of brown mole-like creatures helped dig. There was a fire nearby, but it was handled by a similar orange octopus from earlier, but this one had a red fireman's hat on, as people rushed to stop the flames. It was out before it could spread.

There were a lot more Pokemon of an increasing variety below them, walking alongside their trainers and enjoying the day that it had to offer with them.

Everything was beautiful.

Of course, Aero wanted to get a drink. As they came upon the side of the beach Naka was at, he dove into the water, screeching happily. He broke the water's surface and climbed back up before Theo's body had a chance to be fully submerged, screeching happily at the cool sensation of water dripping off his body from the wind.

Naka saw what he did and she could be seen laughing and shaking her head.

Aero looked back at Theo, wondering if he was okay and if he would like to see more.

Last edited:

"Damn crackheads." Ron whispered to himself as he saw the Hex Maniac get closer. Usually he would be worried, but seeing as they were in a public area and his team was fully healed. There was nothing the weird looking lady could do that Ron couldn't stop. Her challenging Gwen to a battle though was a good idea, just what he needed.

"Kick her ass, Gwen." Ron encouraged, trying to get the girl to agree. "Then maybe we can offer her a brush and some soap."

Ludwig the Ludicolo

Date: July 19
Location: Ogi City Pokemon Center, Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Trainer: Nakano Saito

Interactions: Reina Cortez and Chente the Ludicolo (Hecotoro)

Ludwig was trying to help the poor Chente. He slowed down his tempo for Chente to follow, giving him a couple more tips.

1) Don't fight it. Let it take you and you'll become stronger. If you let your instinct take over for dancing, you can focus on other things. Simply thinking about planning your next steps may take a minute, but it can help aid in evading and attacking without thinking about what your legs are doing.
2) When I was freshly evolved, I had to dance all the energy out to feel almost normal again. Once I got all my dancing energy out, I can focus on other things and not dance as hard.
3) Get some music going. Finding more music with fast or slow tempos help your mind control your motions to be slow or fast, so experiment with as much music as you can!

Of course, he wasn't sure if that helped, but he did keep it slow for Chente to follow. It wasn't everyday he got to see another of his kind!

Seeing Reina was about to depart, he waved at Reina and went to shake Chente's hand with both of his hands clasped over one of his, telling him he got this and to just practice. All the way, Ludwig's feet hopped of their own accord, alternating between them, yet slowly on a new rhythm. He then waved goodbye, dancing back to Naka, who returned him soon after.

Theo Hightower
Friday, July 21st
Red Rock Isle, Johto

“Hey there Winguuuuuullll!” Theo called as Aero took off from the two conversing water flying pokemon, Theo having to brace harder than he thought he would as the Fossil Pokemon took off in the direction he had pointed. That was on him. He should have been more prepared for that. Now that he was more familiar with how hard he would have to brace he knew how much to compensate, Theo catching sight of the coliseum. So this is where they were going to have the Whirl Cup he figured. While not in use, it seemed as though it was a hotspot for a water type pokemon Theo didn't recognize to gather in, a pink blob of a creature with what looked like branches growing out of its back. Branches? No, it looked more like coral. He couldn't tell from this distance.

Banking back towards town Theo would look down to the people as they began to fill the streets, Theo chuckling and waving to those who had the right idea of looking up. When the duo headed for the other side of the island Theo again braced himself for the descent, Theo going wide eyed at all the various water type pokemon he and Aero were seeing. There were too many for him to be able to scan at once given their current speed, but that didn't matter to Theo right now. He was along for the ride, and he was going to enjoy it to the fullest. Scans could always wait. One of those purple starfish pokemon flew almost too close for comfort, Theo being able to see his reflection in the red jewel embedded on its chest. It came close enough Theo felt like he could have reached out and touched it, but knew doing so might result in an injury either from their speed or the water pokemon.

As they returned to flying over the city Theo saw the muscular pokemon helping with construction, some looking a lot like people while some had four arms. There were pokemon helping to dig holes. Pokemon helping to put out fires. Pokemon working and living aside humans as equals. He wondered if the pokemon at work got paid in dollars or how that worked. As more and more people came out in to the streets he saw even more varieties of pokemon walking with humans, Theo guessing they were pokemon with their trainers. Most of them were of the smaller variety, but there was one lady out riding on the back of a horse whose mane appeared to be on fire. No, literally on fire. He hoped the fire fighting pokemon were able to put it out pretty quickly! No one seemed to be freaking out about the sight, so maybe that was a normal thing here.

As they started back towards where Naka was Theo would chuckle, nodding and patting Aero's dorsal fin. “Alright. I admit it. That was pretty cool.” He let out a scream of fun when Aero dove towards and in to the water, throwing his arms up in the air like he was riding a roller coaster. Splash down achieved Theo would laugh and lean forward, rubbing the Aerodactyl's back where he could reach. “That was amazing. You're amazing Aero!” he called, looking around until he spotted Naka and her pokemon, waving tot hem. He had only been gone for a bit, and already he knew what he had to do. He had to find some way of getting his hands on his own Aerodactyl so they might fly to see the world. He looked to Aero and grinned, then back to Naka “I think he wants to go another round. You wanna take a turn or can I keep going?” At the end of the day Aero was her pokemon, so it was hers and his decision, not Theo's.

Nakano Saito​

Aero really liked this human! Ohhh, he wanted to be his best friend! Well, he knew he wouldn't be able to stay long because Naka needed him for flight, and Theo needed to go on his own journey at some point. Cooing at the pets and compliments he received, he looked back at Naka. Seeing her give a thumbs up to Theo for his question, he screeched happily and flew up again, flapping happily and not only flying through Scarlet City, but was flying northeast. Past Scarlet City was a forest, a meandering path throughout that led up the mountain that sat at the core of the isle and towards the northeast where Aero was flying towards.

The mountain itself rose to a sharp point into the sky, and in a particular angle the light made the rocks glitter a pinkish red. As they flew, which only took another ten minutes, there was a breach through the trees and they were able to see a port town, ferries heading eastbound or to the next island, which was rather rare. It was more of a city-town than Scarlet City, which was far larger and more populated. As Aero banked around, there was another path that cut through the forest until it hit a large clearing near the mountain, which took about another ten minutes to get to. There was farmland and tiny brown mole-like creatures were helping the farmers with their farmland.

After passing through, Aero caught a wind draft and glided up and around the mountain. Scarlet City looked so small from up here. Screeching happily, Aero found a spot to land on top of the mountain, its peak holding a sort of somewhat flat point for him to land safely on top of.

They were kings of the isle.

Aero looked back up at Theo, chirping happily at the sight. That was when he heard something and he snapped his head towards the sound. There was a bird covered in shiny steel plates, with red razor sharp feathers folding out accordion style. It cawed with a warning, and Aero screeched back defiantly. The bird eyed the human who was with the Pokemon, then screeched at him. Not wanting to let Theo get screeched at, Aero let out a warning roar, his teeth coated in sparking lightning.

The metallic bird didn't seem to care, as it dove in with shiny, metallic wings. Aero was quick and he flew up to dodge the attack, the Skarmory hitting the perch Aero was just on. Hissing, Aero folded his wings and dove down the side of the mountain, looking back to see if Theo was okay and if the metal bird was following them before focusing on flying. The bird had followed them, but it wasn't able to match up to Aero's speed despite diving just like them. Unfolding his wings, they flew over the trees, blowing past them as bird Pokemon flew away from them and the trees shook as they passed by.

Of course, they disturbed yet another Pokemon. A Pidgeot flew right out of the trees and was able to match Aero's speed, cawing aggressively.

Aero did what could only be described as rolling his eyes and sighing.

The Skarmory was above them, the beige bird with the pretty red and yellow head crest was behind them, and Aero easily flapped side to side to avoid the oncoming Air Cutters and Air Slashes and whatever else they threw at them.

They were just a couple minutes away from approaching the beach. Aero just hoped Theo stayed leaning down because it was going to seriously hamper their speed and the time they arrive at if he didn't.

Theo Hightower
Friday, July 21st
Red Rock Isle, Johto

Round two here we go! This time they went out much farther than the first, actually coming to a port city where boats were coming and going as quickly as the tide. He wondered if that was the only port city on the island. Is that where they would be going next? He didn't want to think about what that entailed, but he knew at one point it was going to happen. Eventually he and Naka would part ways. She had her job and her life to get back to, and he had to find his own way in this wide world. His Totodile would be transported to them in the next day or so, and that was the only thing he felt like was keeping her hanging around. She was hooking him up with a bike voucher and a letter of introduction to a professor to get him started as an archaeologist, and that would be it. Gently placing a hand on Aero's back, Theo would mutter “Parting is such sweet sorrow” as the Aerodactyl banked, following a path that lead them eventual farmland being worked by farmers and their underground mole pokemon. Huh. Wonder what the underside of those pokemon looked like.

Eventually the two found themselves at the top of a mountainous clearing, Theo stretching as Aero chirped happily. “Look at us Aero. Kings of the Rock, with no one” he was cut off by a sound he didn't recognize. He turned to look, absentmindedly pulling the Rotom Phone from his pocket and scanning the screeching pokemon.

Skarmory, the Armor Bird Pokemon. Skarmory's body is covered with a steel-like armor, and can fly at speeds of over one hundred miles per hour. The feathers that it sheds are very sharp. It is said that people once used the feathers as swords.

Whoa whoa whoa. That was actually really dangerous, wasn't it!?! “Rotom...would you kindly call Naka...I think we're gonna have an issue” he asked as Aero and the Skarmory exchanged screeches. Theo just barely reached a hand out to the Rotom Phone and grabbed it as Aero avoided the Skarmory. Theo understood how aerodynamics worked and knew he had to hunker down as close to the Aerodactyl as possible to reduce wind resistance, though he did look up and give Aero a thumbs up. “I'm good go!” he called, looking to the phone to see if Naka had answered.

They seemed to be leaving the Skarmory in the dust which was nice, but now they had another problem. Another, large bird pokemon had decided to chase them as well, and while they had left the Skarmory in the dust this one was keeping up with them rather easily. He wasn't looking at the phone, so he wasn't sure if it had been answered yet. “Naka if you're there, we've made a friend....Aero its glowing blue. Why is it glowing blue? What's it doing???” If he dared a glance Aero would see that the Pidgeot had engulfed itself in a sky blue energy that almost looked like fire, realizing that its other attacks were easily being avoided. It wasn't gaining ground, but it looked like it wanted to collide with them.

Nakano Saito​

Aero heard Theo was calling Naka and he banked to the side to avoid another Air Slash from the overhead Skarmory. Those didn't dissipate after a short amount of distance either, it kept going into the foliage underneath them, cutting up the trees and creating a plume of leaves.

Naka heard her phone buzz and she looked to see it was Theo. Brows furrowing in concern, she picked it up and heard Theo's frantic questions. She chuckled, trying not to laugh too loudly. "Sounds like your friend's a bit aggressive. That blue glow is likely Sky Attack or Brave Bird. Put me on speaker. Hold on tight to his reins, he's going to need to flip around."

Regardless if he did or not, she yelled into the phone so Aero heard her. "Aero, Roar!" As Aerodactyl gathered up energy in his open maw, the Pidgeot had managed to catch up to them with the attack. However, Aero just flapped his wings, narrowly avoiding getting his tail clipped by the attack. Flipping so that Theo was sideways in the air, he let out a massive roar, the screeching roar unlike what he had shown earlier. It was menacing, it was intimidating, and the Pidgeot seemingly paled before being thrown into the trees from the force.

Aero righted himself and sighed, only to screech in disgruntlement as an Air Slash hit his tail from the Skarmory. He glared up at the Skarmory far above them, and then realized it was going to dive.

They were so close to Scarlet City's beach though. They can see Naka from here.

From where Aero and Theo were, they were able to see Naka talk to some tall pink and blue thing with something on its head resembling a witch's hat. The figure pointed towards the duo, only for psychic shards of what looked like glass whizzing past them and aiming for the Skarmory. Getting bombarded by something near the beach, the Skarmory realized it was too far away from its territory and flew back to the mountain, screeching out a defining warning that it will find the Aerodactyl again and beat him.

Sighing in relief, Aero flew back down to the beach. Beside Naka was a six-foot-eleven-inch tall figure. Its entire body save for its face and what amounted to a stick figure's body behind the cloak surrounding it and giving it feet was hair. Every thing was hair, from the weird gown to the hat to the appendage hanging off the hat. Her white eyes on black sclerae regarded Theo calmly.

"You had a fun ride? Sorry about that, we don't know the territories of the Pokemon here yet. If you go in their territory and stir up trouble, you're going to be chased by the leader until you leave their area. Oh, and this is Hattie the Hatterene. If this were a video game, she's our cleric." She patted the fluffy hair of the Psychic/Fairy-Type, the Hatterene hopping towards Theo and Aero. She studied the two, making sure they were okay. Upon seeing the cuts on Aero's tail, the hand-like appendage came up and a pink glow pulsed at the wounds. The Air Slash had actually cut deep into his skin, showing some of his flesh underneath. His rocky exterior helped block most of the damage, but he was still bleeding a little from it. However, upon getting a dosing of Heal Pulse, the wound was no more, as if it never happened.

"What she used is called Heal Pulse. It heals you. It can heal minor injuries pretty easily, but of course Pokemon can be healed easier than we humans can. If there's a gash on a human or a Pokemon, it would take two Heal Pulses to heal a human's gash and only one for a Pokemon. I don't fully know why, but it's probably because the Pokemon's body can actually take in the energy and heal while our bodies don't know what to do with it for the most part." She looked at Theo as Hattie studied Theo again, finding any injuries. From Hatterene, there was a near palpable sense of calm and serenity, and the air was starting to smell sweet. Possibly another move was used, as the air around them held a slightly green tint. "You injured?"

Theo Hightower
Friday, July 21st
Red Rock Isle, Johto

It...he....I...ok. Without argument Theo did as he was instructed, putting Naka on speaker phone and then holding on to the reins for dear life, again curling up so he was as close to the Aerodactyl's backside as possible. If he could he would have covered his ears, but because he couldn't his ears were ringing from the Roar attack. In the next moment they were righted, Theo straightening up as Aero screeched in pain from the Air Slash from Skarmory. Theo looked up and shook a fist, wishing there was more he could do. “Why don't you come down here and say that to my face, ya limp noodle!!” Shards of glass wrapped in purple energy flew past he and Aero, Theo watching as they struck the Skarmory with enough force to send it scampering away, Theo nodding defiantly. “Yeah that's what I thought! Ya big bully!” He wanted to call more after the Skarmory, but Aero had already started their descent down towards the beach where Naka and all her pokemon were waiting.

As soon as they were on solid ground Theo unfastened himself from Aero and hopped off, letting the Aerodactyl relax whatever muscles it had been using to support him this entire time. His legs gave out from under him, Theo collapsing next to the Fossil Pokemon with an exhausted sigh. “That...was amazing. Aero, you're awesome and don't let anyone ever tell you any different.” As he spoke his Shinx would tear itself away from his new Pichu friend and come over to his hand, Theo having at least enough energy to pet Shinx. “Heeey buddy.” He waved a dismissive hand when Naka apologized, shaking his head. “Are you kidding? That was the most fun I've had in...well, forever. Almost getting sliced up wasn't that fun, but everything else I could do for forever.” he chuckled, turning his head to watch as the Hatterene healed Aero's scars, giving a nod to the too tall psychic/fairy pokemon. His heart was still pounding from the excitement, though being around Hatterene he did start to calm down pretty quickly. When asked Theo would do one of those quick flex everything to see what hurts, shaking his head. “Nope. No injuries here. But I think I'm all flown out for today.” And could you blame him? Forcing himself to sit up, Theo would look to Naka and then to her pokemon. “Anything interesting happen here while we were gone?”

Nakano Saito​

Seeing Theo practically collapse upon getting off, Aerodactyl also fell on his belly. He laid there with Theo, his body curling around to protect Theo from any other intruders. He chittered at the compliment, his nose pressing against Theo's leg affectionately. Seeing that they were okay, Hattie nodded and smiled, patting Theo on the head before bouncing back to Naka. She poked her own Pokeball and vanished, having done her job. The sweet aroma lingered in the air, calming down Aero enough to make him drowsy.

Seeing the bros were getting all snuggly, Naka chuckled. "Glad to see you two are okay. And having fun. Nothing much happening here, just some training. Buuut I am training my Pokemon. Might want to watch." She smiled, and she looked back at Mudster. "Since we might be going up against Esther, let's work on something that could stop her Surskit. Or at least anything else quick and fast." Her Swampert nodded and he walked over to where the water hit the beach, far enough away to avoid hitting anyone with anything. The Wishiwashi swam away from the area, being off more to the side, while the rest of Naka's land dwelling Pokemon ran off behind her. Sceptile crawled over to Theo and sniffed. He looked down at Aero, seeing the content Aerodactyl napping with his new best friend. Letting out a series of clicking that sounded like chuckles, he crawled over to the other side of Aero and laid down, resting his head against his backside, lightly nipping at Theo's sleeve with his lizard maw.

Naka's Ludicolo danced jovially over to Naka's side, while her Pichu ran up to follow Shinx and sat on Theo's leg, squeaking up at him before trying to climb up to his hair and rest in it. Being eight inches, this was incredibly doable. Fluffy came over and huffed in annoyance at Chu's antics, of which Chu squeaked dismissively at him. Sighing, the fox sat nearby the grouped up Pokemon, clearly the loner of the group despite his want for affection.

Naka walked a bit closer, seeing everyone had vacated the vicinity and called out. "Sand Tomb, up in the air!" Mudster did as he was told, sand materializing around his forearms as he sent his arms skyward, the sand flowing around in a tornado-esque style. It went up as high as it could reach. "Now hold it, get as much sand as you can built up." With that, the Mudster growled, the density of the Sand Tomb increasing. "Keep your control over the sand, make it come down in a wide dome and then come back to you."

Seeing this amount of control for long periods of time was actually strenuous for him, Mudster wasn't willing to back down from looking weak in front of the newbie. With a rough grunt, he focused on the sand and sent it crashing down in a large dome, the closest it got to the group was Naka, who was a good ten feet away from Theo. Some sand was kicked up in the process, to which Sceptile used his tail to shield most of the sand from Theo's side where the wind was picking up. The sand then came back towards the Swampert in a sweeping motion, taking some of the sand and water debris with it. As it encircled him, he let loose a grumbling roar and the sand exploded from the Swampert, the blast even sending sand Theo's way. Of which Silenus used his tail again to protect Theo. Naka was not so lucky and had to shield her face with her arms.

Smiling as the Swampert was able to hold out long enough to do that, Naka clapped her hands. "We'll need to do that again later when you've gotten your energy back, okay?" Swampert nodded, his forearms feeling slightly sore from its use.

She looked back at Theo, smiling wide. "How was that?"

Last edited:
~Aldon...~
~Skol the god, Bran the bronzor,
Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~
~Yellow Island, July 19th...~

Aldon was combing Skol. He didn't have fur, but it was funny and Skol liked it so he did it every so often. Occasionally pretending to pull out a knot. He saw Naka approach and ask about Ezio. He put Skol's comb away.

"Oooh! We go way back! I met him through my dad. I've participated in a few excavations with him in Unova. Most notebly the famous relic castles of the desert. That wasn't even the only desert I been to. The mirage tower of Hoenn is a lesser known one. Sinnoh is filled with all sorts of ancient stuff as well. Funny how time flies by so fast... How'd you two meet up? Got any interesting stories?" Aldon asked, curiously. Skol tilted his head up, twitching his ears as he looked at her.

Gwen nodded vigorously, but then remembered that she wasn't exactly equipped to go out as her winter gear was in her room, "Ack- Wait I need to go get my jacket and stuff," she said and almost bolted off, "You- Uh, Swinub stay," she said as she realized that her pokemon had yet to be given a nickname. Something to think about as Cobalt was named in the Pokemon school and Ron had named Ozzy.

The light blue haired girl rushed over to the dining room to check up on her other two pokemon, "Hey I'm going out. Do either of you wanna join me?" she asked the Deino and Piplup. Ozzy sat down, adamant not to budge as he didn't want to go back out in the cold if he had a say in it. Meanwhile Cobalt perked up as he had finished his own meal and now had energy once again to go out and play or whatever Gwen had in mind, "Piplup!" he peeped and rushed to his trainer.

"Alright, Ozzy you be nice then," the blue haired girl said and then thought to let Hina know that her Deino was staying inside, "Hey Hina! Ozzy, my Deino is staying inside while I go out if that's okay! Alright thanks!" she chimed before then bolting to her room to get her gear on.

The Swinub meanwhile was making herself cozy up on the Mamoswine. Letting out small delighted grunts as she looked down. One day she was going to be just as big. She just knew it.

Once bundled up, Gwen then returned to Akira with her chest puffed out, "Alright! Ready now! And Cobalt is coming with us," she said and gestured to the Penguin Pokemon beside her.

Gwen looked over to the other side of the fountain and saw some weird old looking lady mumble there. The young trainer felt a shiver run down her back as the Hex Maniac stared at her with a crazed look. Cobalt looked to have a similar reaction, freezing in place as she looked at the alarming behavior of this human. It was all too creepy what this lady was saying to them, or Gwen felt so especially considering the wish she just made. Her hand balled up into a fist as she was ready to lash out her own frustrations. Who did this lady think she is? She wasn't going to help her find her pokemon, but a battle she could give her.

"Alright, fine." she spoke with a harsh tone, "If you want a battle I'll give you one old lady," Gwen barked and gestured at her Prinplup, "Cobalt, go!" and so the Penguin pokemon leaped forward, brandishing his flippers and ready to protect his trainer.

Akira​

Chuckling, Akira watched her run off to get everything prepped. Hina nodded in understanding, giggling at Gwen's quickness as she shook her head. "I wish I had some of that energy." As Akira got his coat on, he waited for Gwen to pop out in her winter gear. The Mamoswine slowly got up, going to the door and crouching low. If Gwen had tried to climb up, she wouldn't be able to fit under the door, so Akira had to open the doors and let his mammoth scoot himself out. Once Mamoswine was outside after sliding out on his belly, he stood up to his full height and stretched. He then knelt down, with Akira posted beside him. "I'm gonna have ta'throw ya up there. Don't worry about pullin' hairs, he doesn't mind. Here, ya are."

He faced the Mamoswine and held out his arms to grab Gwen at her waist and throw her up like he said. If she allowed it. Then he was going to softly toss her Piplup after her once she got situated.

"Ya ready?" He asked, the Mamoswine waiting for Gwen and her Piplup to get situated before standing up.

Lyra the Hex Maniac​

Pokemon Team: Pearl the Misdreavus, ???, Lucky the ??? (Whereabouts unknown)

Battling: Gwen Tucker and Cobalt the Prinplup (IDKWhatUserNameToDo) vs Pearl the Misdreavus
Interactions: Ron Towers (Hecotoro)

The Hex Maniac stared at Ron strangely. A grin stretched across her face. "Crack? The only crack I see..." She hummed, staring straight at him. There was something about him. Something that spoke out about him. "Is in your heart..." She grinned wide, thinking she was correct. People sometimes lose themselves and do something to compensate. To her, it was the punk look and the overly aggressive behavior. Was she aware of how she was acting? Not exactly. She knew she was off-putting, just didn't know why.

Gwen... Gwen... "I should do introductions, too. Not right... Not right to just hear your name and you not hear my name. Lyra. Lyra is my name." That grin, ever present, shifted to something a bit dangerous as her Prinplup was sent out. "Mhm, mhm, water, water, just like the fountain. Will you spray in glorious droplets like the spray of a fountain, or will you dry up~...?" She chuckled, her chuckles pausing here and there. Her sleeve-covered hands looked between the two Pokeballs she had, then looked at Gwen, spying four Pokeballs.

"Two versus two, singles, yes, yes. You will only use two Pokeballs. I may be eerie, but I'm no fool. Better not go against my rules, or else I'll curse you." She stared at Ron, that eeriness not leaving. "I won't curse you. You're already cursed." She said matter-of-factly. Whether or not she knew the real reason as to why Ron was the way he was had been an absolute mystery. It was entirely possible she had no idea what was going on, but had just happened to hit the nails on the head. Or maybe she was being given information by a probing mind.

Who knew what the Hex Maniacs were capable of.

Lyra sent out her Pokemon, a ghostly body-less head coming out, pink pearl necklace glinting in the evening light, her hair floating about like tendrils. The Misdreavus grinned. In a blink of an eye, her smile stretched across her face unnaturally as if someone took her face in a program and stretched it out, her eyes narrowing into slits in the process.

"Water, water, dries up from plants and fries from lightning. Yes, yes. Pearl, Charge Beam~." The Misdreavus's hair crackled with lightning to charge herself before a beam of lightning was fired at the Prinplup. Sadly, the Charge Beam did not raise her Special Attack, but that was alright. It wasn't like they weren't able to do it again.

Bushes and tall reeds stirred around them, the nocturnal Pokemon keeping their distance from the Hex Maniac and the fight to avoid being hit. But there was undoubtedly a presence watching them, the feeling only making Lyra giggle.

Last edited:

"Hey, keep your crazy eyes of my heart lady."

Ron growled as the maniac spoke about him. He hated people like that, always saying things he didn't want to know. Of course he was cursed! It was something that had been obvious for a few years back and Furia's strange evolution only confirmed that. But, here was this meddling woman saying this stuff in front of Gwen. The last thing he needed is having her, or even worse Naka, go around thinking he's a rotten egg. Not that he cared what they thought about him, it would just be annoying having to explain it.

"My curse is none of your business." His glaring eyes shifted to Gwen. "Don't let this girl get to you, focus on you and Cobalt. You two can take this clown down easily."

Theo Hightower
Friday, July 21st
Red Rock Isle, Johto

Watching training did sound like a good idea. He watched as her pokemon came over and made themselves comfortable around him, even Sceptile letting him rest his arm on his head. He chuckled at the Pichu's antics, helping the baby mouse pokemon get on to his head. It was so light he almost didn't feel the pokemon there, so he made a mental note to remember Pichu was there in the first place. “Cmon. I know you want in on this too” He called to the Flareon, his Shinx yipping at the fire type and hopping on to Theo's crossed legs, bouncing from knee to knee a few times before coming to rest on Theo's free side.

He watched in silence as the Sand Tomb was formed in the air, wondering if it was done in the sand if it would have had the same effect or something different. Would it have caused the sand to spiral like that? He recognized the sand trap as something the Sarlacc lived at the bottom of in Star Wars, wondering if there were pokemon who survived in a similar manner. Theo grinned when the sand was sent crashing in to the ground, not flinching as the kicked up dirt came his way. It was just sand after all, and you had to be ok with sand if you wanted to be an archaeologist. “Thanks” he rubbed the Sceptile's head, nodding to Nakka. “That was pretty cool. I wonder though, would it make a whirlpool if you used it in the water? ”It's just, if tomorrow's Whirl Cup only allows water types, having a whirlpool show up in the water they're trying to swim in could make for a big disruption in the way they move.”

Gwen slowly followed after, letting the Mamoswine go out first before she even made an attempt to climb on. The cold air hit her again, but luckily she was thoroughly protected by her gear so Gwen wasn't phased. Cobalt liked the chilly air hitting his face once more and eagerly got into the snow. Gwen looked up in amazement when she saw Akira's Mamoswine stretch, seeing him for the full size he was. He really needs to hunch when inside, huh. She couldn't help but wonder if her Swinub would be as big one day. Speaking of the pig pokemon, she was glad to be outside again and looked down curiously at her trainer.

"Ah, alright!" Gwen chimed as Akira explained to her how she would be getting up there. She allowed the man to grab her and throw her up. She grabbed at the scruffy hairs of the ice type to help her latch on. She managed to climb up on her own from there where she was met by her Swinub who grunted happily to see that Gwen had joined up there, half tackling he girl and without using the actual move.

"Oof- Nice to see you too," she giggled and then looked down at Cobalt. "Alright your turn!" she said and looked down to ready herself to catch the Penguin pokemon. Cobalt made his way to Akira, "Piplup!" the Piplup squeaked as he was thrown up, but Gwen caught him without any issues. She kept her starter in her lap and gave Akira a thumbs up, "All good!"

Pokemon on field: Cobalt the Prinplup vs Pearl the Misdreavus
Item: N/A
Field Effect: N/A

Gwen wasn't sure what the crazed lady was babbling about, but it sure didn't make her feel good. She just chose not to believe what she blabbering on about and just wished she would shut up so they could battle already, "Two v two. Got it," she replied with disdain tinting her words as she glared at Lyra. Luckily, Gwen immediately knew which pokemon she would use in this fight besides Cobalt. She assumed that this creepy lady was a ghost specialist and looked like her hunch was on the right track as a Misdreavus was sent out. Gwen had seen them in Sinnoh, especially around and in Eterna forest so she easily recognized the pokemon.

Though, what both trainer and pokemon didn't expect was that the Misdreavus was going to fire off an electric type attack, "Cobalt dodge!" Gwen tried to call out, but it was too late and the water type was hit. The blue haired girl grit her teeth. Not a good start but this lady had irritated her enough that she didn't want to wallow in her self-pity and just beat her.

"Fire back with a Bubble Beam!" Gwen ordered and the Prinplups beak glowed blue as he fired off a flurry of bubbles towards the Screech pokemon. She knew that Cobalt's usual style was physical attacks, but he would have to try and get in close range for that and with an agile Ghost pokemon it could get tricky.

Akira​

Once everyone got up save for Akira (who chose to walk alongside his Mamoswine) and were situated properly, the mammoth began moving, his body lumbering along. Those on top were able to feel the muscles and shifts of his shoulders to carry them. It was as if they were on top of a moving, hairy continent. The Mamoswine looked back at his trainer, who gave him an encouraging pat on the side of his head. Looking up at kid, Akira waved. "Hold on to his hairs. Don't worry about pulling them, he can barely feel that."

The Mamoswine snorted as he look at a nearby hill. "Looks like you two will be seeing more of the route! Once you guys get a good eyeful, your ramen should be ready." And with that, the Mamoswine set his steps towards the little hill ringed by trees.

As they walked under some firs, the snow atop their branches shifted as the Mamoswine walked under them. Even with how heavy he was, his wide feet kept him from sinking into the deeper parts too much. To be funny, he lightly hit a tree with his tusk, and the branches shook, dropping a good bunch of snow on his back and subsequently all over his cargo. He let out a chuckle-snort, continuing his walk unimpeded.

After a few minutes, they were scaling the hill, taking a less steep slope so Gwen didn't fall off. Once he coiled around to the top of the hill, they were even higher than the canyon that the trio walked through earlier in the day to get to the lounge. They were able to see the route ahead, as well. White clouds hovered over Route 217, then gale winds came by, stirring up the snow and creating a blizzard. It stopped mere moments later before starting up again.

The Mamoswine stared off into the distance, letting out a proud snort. This was his home, and this was his domain. Once as a Swinub, and again here and now. That was when he noticed a figure on Route 217. Something red was viewable, but the blizzard picked up and he lost sight of her.

Thinking they should head back now, especially after hearing the dinging of a dinner bell, Mamoswine let out a bellow and jumped-

Keeping his legs out, he slid down the hill, snow kicking up beside them at the speed they were going, and he let out a whoop at the speed and wind they were going, even if the hill wasn't too steep. Once they hit the base, the snow stopped him in his tracks, but it also flew up and tried to cover Gwen again. Standing back up, he waited to hear confirmation that Gwen was okay before making his way back to the lodge, not wanting her to miss out on food.

Lyra the Hex Maniac​

Pokemon Team: Pearl the Misdreavus, ???, Lucky the ??? (Whereabouts unknown)

Battling: Gwen Tucker and Cobalt the Prinplup (IDKWhatUserNameToDo) vs Pearl the Misdreavus
Interactions: Ron Towers (Hecotoro)

The man's defensive outburst only made the lady smile more. Ah, so she was correct. The girl seemed rather frustrated, and her eyes locked onto the man, as if he was her next meal. "The only clowns here are those who aren't true to themselves, you know. Putting up fronts to keep those outside unknowing of who you are, only for those same clowns to forget who they really are but their facade... I am true to myself. I am not afraid to show who I am~. If you're afraid of the truth, you have bigger problems to worry about, kehehehe~."

She then looked at Gwen, the disdain on her face clear to Lyra, which only made her smile wider, dangerously close to stretching as abnormally as her Misdreavus's. "Yes, yes, fry those flippers, Pearl~." She sang as the penguin got hurt, giggling a bit maniacally as the adrenaline for battle pumped her up. "Bubbles, bubbles, how much trouble do you need to be humble~?" She sang again, her eyes watching the bubbles with awe. "Put a fire in those bubbles, my dear. Burn the penguin~."

Pearl jumped back to avoid the attack as much as she could. Of course, some bubbles hit, but her subsequent move of purple flames manifesting in thin air helped pop them. The ensuing Will-O-Wisp charged towards the Prinplup, the Misdreavus chortling alongside her trainer.

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 19 (26yo)
Location: Pokemon Center, Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Ludwig the Ludicolo, Aero the Aerodactyl, Silenus the Sceptile, Hattie the Hatterene

Interactions: Aldon (ThAtGuY101)

Naka had seen the comb and tried to not be too amused by the sight of a furless Pokemon getting combed. It must have felt nice though. Hearing Aldon went way back, her eyes were like the doorways to her sponge-like brain because she was absorbing everything he said. "Ohh, the Relic Castle in the Desert Resort is cool. I've been to the Mirage Tower, too! But that was a few years ago." She chuckled, scratching the back of her head. "We met up in Solaceon Town about a month ago. There was this wailing coming from the ruins there and he and I had such an adventure finding out the source of it to help calm the locals. Turns out, it was some silly, old lady trying to sing opera. Hah, I thought it was some evil Mismagius or something." She didn't dare say what terribly stupid theories they came up with.

"And I think my Aerodactyl is into his. But she's so meeaaan." She laughed, her Aerodactyl heard he was being talked about and busted out of his Pokeball. He looked up at Naka pleadingly, whining like a dog. She patted him on the head. "It's okay, we'll see Evi again soon." Aero simply whined again, then stared at Skol. He got closer to the odd pink thing and booped him with his nose.

Nakano Saito​

Chu was absolutely delighted to be on top of someone's hair again, snuggling into it as she curled up. The Sceptile was reduced to being an arm rest, which was not what he wanted, but he found the man funny enough to allow it. Fluffy glared at Theo. How dare he guess correctly! Looking back at Naka, he sighed and walked over to Theo, sitting down beside him. He saw the Shinx jump around excitedly, then decidedly laid down beside Theo, his warmth heating up his side.

Silenus gave a chirp that amounted to a 'welc' sound, cooing at the petting.

Naka hummed and looked back at Mudster, who shook his head. "If it's a kiddie pool, sure. But if it's going to be as much water as that coliseum? No. That's a lot of dense sand to do that with and doing this with Sand Tomb takes a lot of energy. What it is supposed to look like is this. Iwa, you mind being a test dummy?" The school form Wishiwashi let out a gurgle, swimming closer and into engaging distance. Mudster stood off against the amalgamate fish, his forearms swirling with sand. "Sand Tomb." The sand flowed out and wrapped the fish in a sand tornado. The sand tornado squeezed, causing some mild pain. She then demonstrated its trapping ability, firing the return beam from her Pokeball, but it bounced off. "That's what Sand Tomb is supposed to do. It lasts for a while until you find a way to get out of it. Otherwise, it dissipates on its own. Now, if we were doing this on a beachside, Mudster here can control the sand at his feet to use Sand Tomb. However, that's not what we'll be facing off in, otherwise I'd have him train on more fine control. But Sand Tomb itself isn't a very strong move."

With a powerful swipe of a water cloaked tail from the Wishiwashi, the sand tornado dispersed. "Now, hydrodynamics isn't something I know a lot about, but I do know the basics at least. The problem is, the opponent might know how to cancel it or use it against you if you're not careful. There are also those pillars at the coliseum, so if the Pokemon can be on land, they have access to those pillars, so that strategy might not work for those ones. However, that is a sound strategy and that is why the Pokemon I'll be giving you will be the one who knows Whirlpool. It's similar to Sand Tomb, but it's a swirling vortex of water that can be made above the Pokemon or in the water."

She then grinned. "Time to show you the three you'll be using. Two of them I caught recently, so they're pretty much wild still." She first let out her Hatterene, who nodded in understanding and held out her hand to grab two balls of water and bring them over, the spheres glowing in a blue highlight much the same color as Hatterene's now glowing eyes. Naka then released the three Pokemon.

A pink eel with purple seashells and a long needle-like nose swam around another blue eel with spots and a fish-shaped tail for a lure. He had nasty teeth. In the other bubble, what could only be described as a salmon and a trout with a propeller for a tail appeared, swimming about happily. The Barraskewda poked his head out, smiling and waving his fin at Theo. He had reins around his body, of which Naka came over and took them off. "Brute Tooth the Barraskewda. A Water-Type. He's not as trained as the others in combat, but he's the best there is at water traversal and speedily getting around. He's about as strong as those freshly caught ones over there. Those two are Gorebyss, the pink one, and Huntail, the blue one. Those two evolved from the same kind of Pokemon." She smiled, the two fresh captures looking about in confusion as to why this water bubble was hovering in midair. They looked a bit disoriented.

"I won't ask you to stand up, you still need to rest." She started, making sure Theo didn't think she was trying to rush him. "But once you are able to stand, I want you to get to know these three. Once you do, we can start the baby steps in training them." She smiled, patting the Barraskewda's head.

Theo Hightower
Friday, July 21st
Red Rock Isle, Johto

As soon as the Flareon was seated next to them Shinx would lay next to the fire type, Theo smiling while absentmindedly reaching out and rubbing the Flareon's head. The warmth was welcome as it was also helping him to dry out some. He watched as the attack was used in its proper setting, giving a nod. So it was more of a trapping attack rather than actually being used to do damage. Still, getting tossed around like that couldn't be fun for the trapped pokemon. Or maybe it was, depending on the pokemon. He didn't have enough information to make a judgment call like that. “And what was that red beam just now? Was that a recall function of the pokeballs? You don't have to tap them with the ball itself to make that happen?” That was going to make retrieving any pokemon stuck in a tight situation much easier to deal with if that was the case. Unless of course they were stuck in trapping moves like the Sand Tomb.

“I don't know much about hydrodynamics either. Just throwing ideas out there, see what sticks. Or swirls, I guess in this case.” He knew he needed to stand, giving the Flareon an extra scratch under the chin before he did so. He stumbled, not because the Pichu on his head was heavy but because his legs were still tired. But the sooner he stood the sooner they could get on with the training session for tomorrow. That was more important than some muscle soreness. Once upright Theo would stretch, making sure to keep his head straight so the Pichu wasn't disturbed. “Thanks for the pile guys.” he told all of her pokemon as he made his way over to the three pokemon that he would be in temporary command of, pulling the Rotom Phone from his pocket and scanning them, the action quickly becoming second nature to the man who could claim to be out of this world.

Barraskewda, the Skewer Pokemon. This Pokémon has a jaw that's as sharp as a spear and as strong as steel. Apparently Barraskewda's flesh is surprisingly tasty, too. Oof. Theo wasn't sure he would want to be known for being tasty.

Huntail, the Deep Sea Pokemon and the evolved form of Clamperl. It uses its fish shaped tail to entice prey before snapping it up in its large jaws.

Gorebyss, the South Sea Pokemon, and the evolved form of Clamperl. Gorebyss live near the seafloor. In spring, when the water starts to warm up, their bodies turn a vivid pink.

“Wait, they're both evolved from this Clam pearl? Hows that work? They look as different as night and day.” One of them was clearly a fan of the Little Mermaid and the other the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Theo waved to the fish, realizing how crazy this would have looked to someone back home. But hey, when in Rome, right? “Brute Tooth, Gory bass, Hunt tail. Got it. Its nice to meet you all.”

Nakano Saito​

Fluffy was stoic in his expression and mannerisms, but he did enjoy it. Was he going to admit it? Probably not. But he was going to enjoy the cuddles. The Shinx beside him had him only missing the Espeon from another trainer, his instincts coming back to bite him as he angrily threw away the thought of the Shinx being a possible adopted son to him.

No, no, knock it off. Why were his hormones doing this to him right now?

Chu squeaked happily once Theo started standing, snuggling more into his hair with happy squeaking. Fluffy was a little upset the man who wanted him to snuggle got up, but he stayed put because he was now in the company of Pokemon he was used to, minus the Shinx. Seeing the human's unsteadiness, Silenus got up and walked on his hind legs this time, standing beside Naka and eyeing Theo, just in case he were to fall.

Naka nodded at his question about the recall function. "Yup, the return beam. Just point the button of the ball towards the Pokemon and press the button. Voila." She smiled. The Pokedex entry for Barraskewda had Naka laughing and her trout grimacing. "Haha, yeaaah. It either talks about how they attack Wingull by jumping out of the water or talk about how tasty it is." She giggled, her Barraskewda glaring at her, but it vanished as quickly as it happened.

His pronunciation of Gorebyss had Naka chuckling and she shook her head. "No no. Gore, as in goring something with a horn or pointy object, and -byss, like the seafloor abyss. Gore-byss. Look." She pulled out a berry and held it out in front of the Gorebyss. The Gorebyss stared at it, became absolutely still, then stabbed the berry with her needle-like mouth, the skin around the berry shriveling up and becoming something akin to a raisin once it was done. The Huntail then tried to eat the leftover berry from Naka's hand making her chuckle. "Gorebyss may look pretty, but they tie with Huntail in savagery. As for Clamperl." She pulled up her phone and showed a picture of the Clamperl. "There's two items. For Huntail, it has to hold the Deep Sea Tooth. For Gorebyss, a Deep Sea Scale. Then, they must fuse with them by trading or by having a stress response while holding it, and that's how it evolves."

She looked back up at Hatterene, who nodded and moved the bodies of water back to the ocean, the three Pokemon splashing back into the ocean. Naka and Silenus walked over there, her Wishiwashi lumbering nearby but it looked like she was lounging in the shallow water. "So, the first thing you do for training is to assess their strengths and weaknesses. For Barraskewda, I'll give you a cheat sheet. He's stupidly fast, great physical fighter, but his special attacking ability isn't exactly the greatest and he's more or less a glass cannon as his stamina - while better than most of his species - are only good for traversal and not for long bouts of battle. For these two, Huntail generally has better physical attack than Gorebyss, while Gorebyss has better special attack. The difference between physical and special is whether it attacks the Pokemon's physical defenses like our skin, or their inner self - whether it be their spirit or energy or even just within their body. So... Brute Tooth, show him how fast you are."

Wagging his tail, the Barraskewda swam away from them, only to blast ahead a good ten feet and create a crest of water that flew over him as he swam away, then turned sharply, then turned sharply again to make a funky 'P', then jumped in the air and splashed back to shore. All in a matter of about five to ten seconds.

"He can go faster." Naka chuckled, shaking her head. "Training not only is about training their use of moves, but how they use their body. We'll just start with speed training. These two must race Barraskewda in a circle determined by Wishiwashi and must have several laps. This also trains their stamina, which can also determine how long they can handle being attacked." She paused, looking back at Theo with an apologetic smile. "Hope I'm not going too fast for ya." She chuckled a bit sheepishly.

Last edited:
Theo Hightower
Friday, July 21st
Red Rock Isle, Johto

Huh. That was interesting. “Alright. Now. Here's the big question. Can I throw the ball to catch a pokemon? I feel like its an obvious yes, but I know just as soon as I believe that you're going to tell me that's not how they work. And if I can, do they have homing capabilities? Because...I'm not the best at throwing things.” If he were he would probably have gone in to baseball. He nodded when she corrected his pronunciation of Gorebyss' name, watching as the berry was shriveled up from the backside. “I gotcha. Gore byss. Gorebyss.” He needed to write all of this down. He was sure he wouldn't remember all of it from just one day. Theo moved to where he had left his backpack before he and Aero took flight, producing the notebook and pen from yesterday and flipping to the first blank page. He made a simple 4 block table of the page, writing each Pokemon's name in one of the squares. The 4th would be used for extra notes he felt like he would need, and under each Poekmon's name he wrote the strengths they had she had mentioned so far. “Brute Tooth is strong and fast. Huntail is physical attacker. Gorebyss is special attacker.” He wrote as she spoke, looking up when the Barraskewda swam away and made the funky P symbol in the water, nodding. “Fast and agile.” he shook his head to her question “Not at all. Let's do it.” he was ready to get their training underway. The more they got in the more prepared he would be for the upcoming Whirl Cup.

Barraskewda (Brute Tooth)
Fast and agile. Strong Physical Attacker*
Huntail
Strong Physical Attacker*
Gorebyss
Strong Special Attacker**
*Physical Attack: Actual physical contact (Ex: Punch)
**Special Attack: Spirit/Energy attack (Ex: Shinx's electricity)

Adrianne Silvers (Normal Class: 96,094)
Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago (June 2nd)

"Use Peck Ace!"

"Rapid Spin!"
Adrianne had been a bit busy on her end to notice Reggie's battle or Briar's arrival, in fact not long after the latter arrived in the Pokemon Center she and her newfound opponent moved outside the Pokemon Center to do their battle. Adrianne had opened up with her Spearow Ace, while her foe seemed to summon a Squirtle as both battled rather intensely out of the gate. An exchange of Rapid Spin and Peak landed in the middle and knocked both back as neither gained much of an advantage.

"Water Gun!" Her foe called out, as a stream of water shot towards the Spearow who dashed in the air to avoid it. "Use Leer, then follow up with a Peck!" Adrianne called out as the Spearow nodded as Ace descended down ans as the other trainer attempted to call out a Rapid Spin its sharp glare caught the Squirtle's eye which caused it to nerve to send a shiver of the spine and provided a key hesitation.

"Squirtle!" Squirtle cried out as it was struck with a Peak and knocked back along the sand as Ace seemed to be proud of itself. The foe seemed to bit his lip before he responded in kind. "Use Bite on it!"

The Squirtle charged and bit on the Wing, as Ace cried out and struggled while Squirtle dug deep and Adrianne looked on in horror. "Ace!" Adrianne called out as the Squirtle trainer continued to urge it on and Squirtle's bite continued to deal damage, she needed to find an out and as she bit her thumb in thought she seemed to come up with an ideal solution. "Counter with Fury Attack!"

Ace cried out in pain, but nodded as it pushed through the pain and used its beak to strike at the exposed neck of Squirtle. Squirtle cried out forced to break but before it or its trainer could regroup, the Spearow launched a combo of talon blows and wing strikes and Adrianne aimed to capitalize. "Finish it with Assurance!" Adrianne called out.

"Withdrawal!" The panicked trainer called out, but it was too late as before Squirtle had a chance to retreat Ace followed up with its aggressive strike; one boosted as it had been a follow up attack and sure enough it had knocked the Squirtle down and out as the Rotom Drone had seen enough.

"The Squirtle is unable to battle. Therefor the battle and the match goes to Adrianne and Ace the Spearow."

"Good job Ace!" Adrianne said as she moved in to hug the bird and the Spearow seemed taken aback, this kind of affection took time to get used to but it seemed proud of its win.

96,094->93,979

Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto (July 19th)

The night came and went for Desmond, given the amount of stress that hectic encounter on the beach on top of just the activity of swimming himself drained the young man meaning he'd have been able to sleep through a storm and he needed every ounce of rest.

As such, when the sun of the mourning had began to peak into his room, Desmond attempted to just cover himself with a blanket as he'd preferr to just snooze all day if he could. Course, such a mindset was not shared universally, as a familiar frog popped itself from its Pokeball on the night stand as Politoed landed on the bed next to Desmond and looked over its trainer as it nudged him a bit.

"Ngggg, f-five minutes..."

Nakano Saito​

At Theo's question about throwing a ball to catch a Pokemon, she nodded. "Just as long as it touches them, then yes. However, the recall function only works if you've caught the Pokemon before, and a Pokemon can hit the Pokeball away if they attack it. And uh... You better get some baseball pitches in, because you're going to need to practice. No homing capabilities. Or just boldly charge towards the Pokemon and smack the ball on them." She laughed, shaking her head. "Slam dunk it."

Naka looked over as Theo began writing this stuff and she chuckled. "Reminding me of myself, kiddo." In fact, she had done the very same thing as a kid. Seeing as he was ready to continue, she recounted the training she remembered she did for her Pokemon personally. "There are many ways to train a Pokemon, and each Pokemon differs from the others. Finding a good training regimen for each is going to take a fat minute, but that's okay. Once you find out how best they train, it's going to be a breeze to get them to learn moves and get better at moving, taking hits, dealing them, and having the endurance to last a while. To train endurance, I hope you know how to train stamina. It's one of the base fundamentals. You can either train it passively by training them in other things and pushing them until they can't continue, then push them a little further to make them break their limits before giving them a good day's rest. Another way is to target it by giving them something heavy and making them walk or run with it and seeing how far they carry it. As for attacking, it's just a matter of charging the attack in time with its full power. Most take a second or two to pull off, so if you can charge it for a bit longer, the attack may have a different effect like having a wider range like you saw with Sand Tomb or be far stronger. I also train my Pokemon in switching between moves. It's like blinking one eye at a time in quick alternation. Trying it for the first time leads to hilarious results, and sometimes painful, but after a while of training that over a few days to a week, you will start alternating blinks quickly."

She paused, watching her Wishiwashi show where to go in a big loop, then sat in the middle so nobody tried to cut corners. The Barraskewda led the two Water-Types to an invisible starting line. The Wishiwashi let out a series of grumbles before breaching her maw into the air with a guttural roar as a sound off to let the race start. The two Pokemon were eating dust as the Barraskewda surpassed them in speed quickly, them only reaching the first bend as Brute Tooth already made it to the other side of the large oval. Not wanting to feel like they couldn't keep up, the two Pokemon attempted to swim faster, even as the Barraskewda in equal parts cheered and heckled them.

Naka then continued. "For defenses, just let them get hit. Honestly, you won't know how to take a punch if you don't know what it feels like at first. Once they start getting the feel for how attacks work, you can start teaching them how to twist or roll their bodies with the attacks to soften the blows or even teach them how to turn an offensive attack into something defensive." She jutted her head towards Wishiwashi. "Iwa knows Aqua Tail, as you've seen when she used it to dispel the Sand Tomb. She's not only able to disrupt the winds and pushing things with it if she focuses in its wider use, she's also able to use it to counter attacks by infusing her tail with water to push back the energy of attacks from harming her too much, softening the blow and allowing her to attack back. However, if they use an Electric-Type attack, it'll still shock her as water still conducts electricity. For speed, speed training is pretty simple. It's actually really similar to endurance training. Basically, cardio, strength training, and calisthenics are your best friends."

She then grinned. "Then, there's teaching your Pokemon moves. For moves that are more natural, you can teach it to them early by forcing them into a controlled position where they have to learn the move through stress. It's a bit brutal, but it works well." She pointed to her Pichu. "I basically forced that little mouse on your head to learn Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt is just a stronger version of Thunder Shock, and I had her use Thunder Shock over and over again to near electrical exhaustion. Once she was very familiar with how to use Thunder Shock, I had her hold the charge of the electricity until it hurt, then I let her let loose with it. After about a week of that training and focusing on solely learning Thunderbolt, she did it. There's another, faster way to do it though."

She pulled out a black record with a colored band around the middle hole. "This is a Technical Record. These things lose their information once you play it, but if you have your Pokemon watch how to use the move on here, they learn it at an accelerated rate." She jutted her head towards the racing Pokemon. "Gorebyss knows a physical water attack in Aqua Tail, so we'll be making her lose efficiency in its use to learn a better move." She wagged the disc she was holding, the colored band being a sea blue. "This Technical Record, or TR, teaches Muddy Water. It can not only deal damage in a wide area, but push water and make it incredibly murky. However, while your opponent can use that against you, it's wide range in its use generally makes up for it. There's another way, but it's generally a bit slower than Technical Records. It's letting another Pokemon tutor them in the use of another move. I'm going to have Brute Tooth learn Brick Break by training with Silenus in its use. If Brute Tooth knew it before, this process would be a bit faster as it's just training out the rustiness, but eh." She waved her hand nonchalantly.

"As for how to use these discs, you return the Pokemon into the Pokeball and set the Pokeball on the disc. The Pokeball then reads off the disk and sends subliminal messaging into the Pokeball to the Pokemon to allow it an easier, almost instinctual time in learning the attack. If we have a Technical Machine, or TM, it would look more like a CD and you can use it as many times as you want, but these things are incredibly expensive. I've had to save up over a good several years to even buy a good middle-sized stack of TRs as they go from $5,000 to $50,000 depending on power and effect. I even got a few blank ones. To use them, you put them on a Pokeball while the Pokemon inside is charging the use of the move briefly to imprint the move I want to teach to another Pokemon." She smiled, looking back to see the two freshly caught Pokemon were slowing down while the Barraskewda was making laps upon laps around the Wishiwashi. She chuckled.

"Time to give those two a break from swimming. How about you go sit in the shallow waters and massage their muscles? Pretty sure they'd love that." She smiled, the Gorebyss and Huntail swimming languidly back to shallow portions of the beach.

Reginald Valerias​

Date: June 2
Location: Tangelo Island Pond near Pokemon Center, Orange Archipelago
Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus, Jones the Frillish, Legion the White-Striped Basculin
WCS Rank: 72,758

Interactions: Briar Hightower (ThAtGuY101)
Mentions: Adrianne Silvers (Godjacob)

The loss soured Reggie's mood, so he didn't want to talk to anyone right now. He just went back to the Pokemon Center and healed them, then went to sit down and found a research paper on White-Striped Basculin from a researcher in Sinnoh. Apparently, to evolve into Basculegion, a Water/Ghost-Type, it had to take a lot of damage from recoil without fainting. But none of Basculin's moves had any recoil yet. But after seeing it had an evolution unlike the other striped forms, he decided to call the fish Legion.

Figuring that out, he looked over all of his Pokemon's moves. From what he was able to gather, the only recoil moves this Basculin was able to learn were Take Down, Double-Edge, and Head Smash. He figured that it only needed to take damage for it to count, he also would be able to heal it mid-battle and he could just keep going. Problem was, he didn't know how much training was required to learn either of those moves, but he at least knew a cheat to do this.

Asking a friend.

Getting up, he walked over to where he saw Briar, a smile on his face but there was no happiness there. "Hey, was wondering if any of your Pokemon know Take Down or Double-Edge. Or even Head Smash. I need to teach my Basculin the move as it only evolves through taking a lot of recoil. Oh, and I need to have him know Rest." Hopefully, Briar was able to help.

He didn't know Adrianne had a battle of her own, but if she did, he hoped she was more successful than he was.

Theo Hightower
Friday, July 21st
Red Rock Isle, Johto

Great. No homing function. She was right. He was going to have to get to work on his throwing arm. “I hate sports” is all he would say on that topic, glancing back over his shoulder to Shinx. He had gotten lucky catching Shinx then, huh? “Yeah. I'll do that. While somethings gnawing on my arm I'll smash its face in with a pokeball.” That was 100% going to work every time, wasn't it? Well, for two arms anyway. He grinned up to her when she said his writing reminded him of her, giving a light nod. “Hey. I don't think I can learn all this in one day. If I have to make myself a little cheat sheet for the Whirl Cup tomorrow, so be it.” When it came to his own pokemon he would commit more about them and their abilities to memory. But for pokemon he was borrowing for a one day tournament? He would stick with his notes, thank you very much.

He wrote while she spoke, looking up only when the race between the three water type pokemon began and when she wagged the TR in her hand. “And once its lost its information, can it be used as a blank TR, or does it become useless?” If they could be recycled in that manner would be great. He also saw how much more energetic the Barraskewda was compared to both Huntail and Gorebyss, making a note of it on his chart along with all the other information she had given him. He nodded when she suggested he massage the pokemon, returning the notebook to his bag before making his way over to the shallow end of the beach where her pokemon were lazily swimming about. He chuckled as he wade in to the water, after having removed his shoes and socks so they weren't ruined. He would need to change his pants later, but that was a small price to pay in the name of experience. “Alright I've only got two hands, so that means one at a time. I don't know much about massaging, but I'll give it my best shot. So. Whose up first?” he asked the three pokemon as he rubbed his hands together to get them warm. Whichever of the two pokemon that got to him first he would take in to his hands and gently begin to massage their aching muscles. “So what made you want to become a trainer? I mean of all the things there are to do in the world, why that?”
Barraskewda (Brute Tooth)
Fast and agile. Strong Physical Attacker*
Faster than Huntail and Gorebyss
Huntail
Strong Physical Attacker*
Gorebyss
Strong Special Attacker**
*Physical Attack: Actual physical contact (Ex: Punch)
**Special Attack: Spirit/Energy attack (Ex: Shinx's electricity)
Training is important.
Endurance Stamina
Attack: Charge to make stronger or have different effect; Repetition to learn more powerful attacks
Defense: Get hit. Twist/roll with attack to weaken. Use offense defensively. Perhaps reverse?
Physics apply; Water conducts electricity, etc
TR: Technical Record. One time use. Accelerated learning process of a move pokemon doesn't know
TM: Technical Machine. Unlimited use TR. Both are expensive. Can buy blanks. Possible side $ flow. Place TR/TM on pokeball with pokemon inside to use. 5K – 50K depending.
Pokemon can teach each other moves.