• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Esther

Thursday, June 9 – Motostoke, Galar Region​

Esther stumbled through the square-arched entrance to Motostoke where the beautiful greens of meadow transitioned to the ugly, sun-bleached brown of brick roads. She stopped to lean forward, reeling as she rested against her knees, lungs pumping for twice their worth. A fit of coughs took her, and she staggered, covering her mouth. The air was so pungent...

When her vision had stopped spinning, Esther looked into her hand, almost expecting to see pieces of the lung she’d surely hacked up. All she saw was torn skin and bruised palms. Her earlier fall had been harder than she’d realized. She wiped her palms against her pants, biting her lip to suppress a hiss. At her waist, the foremost Pokéball shook, nudging against her.

“Now’s when you want to get touchy?”

Esther brushed Pyrrha’s Pokéball, at a loss. Her foul mood had been forgotten, pushed out of her headspace by the impending threat on her life; but the sudden affection? Was this even affection? Whatever it was, it left her puzzled.

When her breathing had steadied, Esther pushed into a jog. She checked the mini-map projected by her Pokétch and routed to the nearest Police station. The short jog left her panting. After another moment to catch her breath, she pinched into the flab on her sides. Ever since she’d transitioned to mentoring dance she’d had less opportunity to practice it herself. With a grimace, Esther pushed into the station.

The receiving officer raised his head from his ‘work’, slow and languid; just high enough to peek over his desktop and high enough for Esther to capture the look on his face as it scrunched and then popped with mild alarm. He swiped the drool from his lip and adopted a look of almost impeccable professionalism.

“How can I help you, ma’am?”

“I’d like to file a report on a dangerous Pokémon.”

The officer reached for a notepad and gestured for her to continue.

“There’s a Blood Wing in the meadow.”

“A– what?” His pencil hovered hesitantly above the paper. “Would you be able to provide a description?”

“Big, large wings, terrifying fangs, a dragon-type—why’d you stop writing?" Esther balked at the Officer as he crumpled the note he was writing on and tossed it in the trash.

“We know about the Hydreigon and we’ve already requested assistance from the Ranger Union. The ranger should be arriving soon so why don’t you head over to the Pokémon Center? If you encountered that Hydreigon then your Pokémon should get a check-up.”

Hydreigon? Was that what they called Blood Wings in this region? The confusion on her face must’ve been evident because the officer continued.

“Pokémon as strong as Hydreigon all have dens and they rarely leave them. You must’ve stumbled into its home by accident. Didn’t you read the Advisory?”

“Advisory?”

“Ugh, tourists...” The officer clicked his tongue. “Check your Pokétch, the advisory is one of the default applications on all devices.”

True to the officer’s word, one of the default apps on her Pokétch was the Advisory. The Advisory was an app that used geolocation to determine a trainer’s environment and then relayed all the relevant and important broadcasts in the area. Now what she was in Motostoke city Esther found the broadcast included a detailed map of dens in the nearby wild area as well as a public service announcement stating that commercial air traffic to Motostoke was restricted due to a rampaging Hydreigon. Another PSA cautioned trainers to fly through the area at their own risk.

Living in Oblivia Esther had never needed to check the Advisory; like, sure some phones carried Stocks and Podcasts as default applications but whoever used them? Esther’s cheeks flushed with color—Oblivious Oblivians. She silently swore to be less negligent in the future.

“Uhmm...I–I left all my camping gear when I ran, do you think you could...”

“I’ll pass that onto the ranger, if your camping gear is still there, we’ll collect it. Why don’t you return in about 15 minutes? The ranger should’ve arrived by then.”

“Err– Thank You...and I will.”

Esther shuffled out of the Station and headed straight to the Pokémon Center. All the way she glared at her Pokétch as if it had deeply betrayed her. She had much to learn.

Last edited:
Ezio Farello
Thursday, June 9 – Oblivia Ruins, Obliva Region

Having recovered from the initial scare that the loud roar caused him, Ezio had made his way into the Oblivia Ruins behind the Silver Falls. Eviscerate managed to follow him and the Aerodactyl was soon followed by Erebus being released from her Pokéball. These two girls were Ezio's go-to for exploring ruins, providing him light, power and a safety net. He wouldn't change this duo for anything in the world, they've been through so much together.

Treading deeper into the ruins, the trio arrived at an old mine-esque room. The first proof of human activity that they've found, with walls, wooden planks, signs, chains embedded into the walls and a drainage system. What was the reason behind those chains? They served no purpose, other than restraining humans. Something told him that these ruins were more than just an old mine, and those stains were not doing his nerves any favors. Shaking his head to get rid of any intrusive thoughts that no doubt would bother him for the rest of the day, Ezio moved on, the image of the chains rattling in the back of his head.

Following the left path, he saw a doorway lacking a door. However, that was the least of his concerns as one of his own Pokémon was staring him down and did not seem too pleased with the intrusion of their personal space. Scraping its foot over the large metal grate, the sound rang through the room as rocks began to levitate and fly towards Ezio and his friends.

Erebus quickly fired off a rainbow beam as her eyes glowed gold, breaking the rocks into small shards as Eviscerate's mouth glowed red, flames streaming out of her mouth as she bit down on her adversary, a Bastiodon. Whilst the Rock/Steel type tried to shake the Aerodactyl off, Erebus had charged a blue sphere between her hands before blasting it at the Bastiodon, Eviscerate flying off at the last possible moment. The powerful move had covered the room with dust, chains rattling on the walls as Ezio covered his face, waiting for the dust to settle as it revealed the fainted Bastiodon. A fast battle, and proof of how well the two Pokémon fought together.

Ezio did not like senseless violence, but he acted in self-defense. The Bastiodon was an odd presence though, they were supposed to be extinct after all. Could it be that someone revived a Shieldon or Bastiodon and released it? This was a place that once was inhabited by humans, nothing like the jungles where these Pokémon used to live. Could it be that ancient humans had secured a small, still surviving population and held them here? Theories ran through his head, his mind working overtime as he tried to figure out what was going on here.

Going up a flight of stairs, the Ruin Maniac wandered into a hallway with a similar design as the previous floor with a significant difference. There was a group of Claydol patrolling the halls, and one of them had spotted Ezio. Letting out a cry, the Claydol pointed its arms at Ezio which caused the human to glow white before he vanished, reappearing at the entrance. After the initial surprise was gone, it was clear to Ezio that these Claydol were protecting something, but what? He simply had to find out. Waiting for the Claydol to pass him by, he followed behind the Clay Doll Pokemon, only to meet another Claydol which made him dive onto the floor, barely avoiding being seen. Erebus got quickly recalled and Eviscerate simply flew up to not get spotted.

After that little incident, the trio ventured onward, entering a hallway filled with water, moss and busts with peculiar suits of armor. Erebus and Eviscerate growled at the sight of the water, causing Ezio to recall them before sketching the armor busts. They were a bit too interesting to not sketch, not to mention Ezio felt some.......strange power emenating from them. He'd have to ask Leanne about them once he came out of this place.

National Park, Johto
"Seems like she decided to look at the fountain..." Desmond mused as first the Dusknoir had floated over in that direction and then not too long after Emma's Togekiss had come flying over which had caused Desmond to flinch a bit as even "pretty" Pokemon had been unnerving to him but it seemed to try to lead him and his Politoed over to the fountain so he guessed it also was of Emma's person.

"Politoed!" Politoed cried out and began to hop to the fountain as it seemed eager to meet back up with Emma, and Desmond soon followed as with the insanity that had been this "villain" just now he needed to speak to someone who was just a touch more normal.

Or least someone he'd be able to spill this craziness with. Soon enough the pair arrived to the fountain and Desmond had gotten a view of Emma once more.

"S-so, everything...okay?" Desmond asked.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
Trainer Rank: 99,999
Thursday, June 9th, 2022
Motostoke City, Galar Region

After an indeterminate period of time, the train finally reached its destination: Motostoke City. A city known for many things, most notably it's gym but also its role in the region's industrial history as well as other attractions such as the Budew Drop Inn or the Battle Café. It was these two locations that drew Wilford to this city in particular, if he were participating in the gym challenge then he might've opted to visit Turffield first, as that was where most beginning trainers with an interest in that sort of thing were sent. As the young man grabbed his briefcase and exited the station, he noticed a red and black haired girl hurriedly hustling to the city's Pokémon Center. The curious sight was enough to elicit a raise eyebrow from the inexperienced trainer, but nothing more.

Wilford's first stop was the Budew Drop Inn, a humble yet efficient place to stay for the foreseeable future. Upon entering, he checked in for a week, anticipating that he would be within that relative area for a considerable amount of time. The well-dressed young man received his room key not long after he checked in, allowing him to travel up the elevator to the proper room. After unlocking his room on the highest floor, he put his briefcase on the bed and allowed himself to revel in a crucial, yet obvious matter.

I've forgotten my clothes and my hygienic products in my suitcase...how could I have been so careless? No matter, it shouldn't take long to recover what I've lost.

"Hello Henryson, I need your help..." Wilford rubbed the temples of his head in embarrassment as he uttered the words. Henryson was the very same aide that had offered to accompany him previously and had received a harsh rebuttal for his concern. The young man was anticipating that his words would be thrown in his face and as fate would have it, the assistant delivered on that suspicion.

"And so soon after you've arrived? Honestly I can't say that I'm not at least a little disappointed in you," Taking on a disapproving tone, similar to one of a parent chastising a child for a misdeed, was all that Wilford needed to show an emotion beyond general disinterest or fleeting intrigue.

"I'm only going to say this once, Henryson. You have no right to chastise me as if you were my father, though I can understand a desire to fill the role knowing him. Regardless, you are my assistant and nothing more. I may have forgotten my suitcase at home, but you have clearly forgotten the importance of controlling your tongue. I suggest you remember that importance if you value your job," Fueled with scalding rage, the young man did his best to verbally destroy the man on the other end of the line before clearing his throat and returning to business, "Now, as I've said before, I've forgotten my suitcase, it's on my bed and everything should be there, anything that's laid about on my bed should be put in my suitcase and brought here. I'm granting you access to my room and I am trusting you to bring my belongings here safely. Is my trust misplaced?"

"...of course not, your belongings will be reunited with you in three and a half hours, I will see to that personally," There was a quiver within Henryson's voice, but he spoke the words with as much professionalism as he could muster. After hearing these words, Wilford hung up on the distressed assistant and took a moment to sit on his bed.

I'll travel to the café momentarily, but first, I'll need a moment of rest.

Aldon Larch, June 10, Friday - Union Cave, Johto

Aldon walked towards the ladder next.

"Here we gooo" Aldon said preparing himself to go down the ladder.

His magnemite hovered over Aldon's backpack shining a light towards the bottom of the hole. Skol waited until Aldon was down the ladder, so he could walk on top of Aldon's shoulders as Aldon went down the ladder. Aldon slowly made his way down. Eventually reaching the bottom.

"aaand the bottom. Hopefully theres actually a lapras down here. Aldon looked towards his compass to know what direction they would be soon heading.

"Are we all heading the same direction for safety, or will we split up to cover more ground?" Aldon asked.

$15,200
14x pokéballs
5x Super Potions
3x Full Heals
6x Oran berry,
C-Gear
Waterproof sleeping bag
Travel cooking supplies
Portable tent
Hiking and archeology tools

Esther
Thursday, June 9 – Motostoke, Galar Region​

The Motostoke Pokémon Center was the most charming building in the city. Made from wood rather than brick, the PokéCenter was not only much smaller than the surrounding buildings but it was also the only one she’d seen decorated with potted fixtures.

Inside the Pokémon Center, a plush carpet paved the way to Nurse Joy’s counter where the nurse sat smiling. Her booth was one of three, as on either side of her were skewed counters, behind which stood men and material. The potions and Pokéballs on the right made it clear that the Center also housed a Pokémart. On the left wide-chested man stood with a brewing machine and several flavors of...coffee? juice? Tea? She couldn’t tell from a distance but the man clearly ran a café of sorts.

Although Esther was interested in the adjacent counters, she decided to prioritize her Pokémon. Greeting the nurse with a polite “Good Afternoon” and handing over both her Pokémon. Her eyes bounced from place to place, settling on the strange machinery the nurse began to fiddle with before she placed both of Esther’s Pokéballs into ball-shaped slots.

The machine came to life with an unsettling hum, lightning up with a soft glow, and playing a strangely catchy tune. Esther hummed along until the machine quieted and then the nurse stepped over. She handed the pair of Pokéballs to Esther with a strange expression on her face.

“Is something wrong?”

“Well...the scanner picked up an unusual protrusion on your houndour’s hind leg. Could you release it so I could take a closer look?”

Biting her lip, Esther released Houndour onto the plush carpet. The dark hound Pokémon seemed...confused at first; but as nurse Joy made to approach it, its lips peeled back warning the woman off with a throaty, fanged growl.

Esther’s cheeks flushed as the nurse was taken back.

“I-I’m so, so sorry, I just caught this houndour and...and—”

“It’s okay. It isn’t uncommon for newly caught Pokémon to be hostile and apprehensive at first, especially when they’ve been released into new and unfamiliar environments.”

Esther creased the hem of her blouse, her expression a mask of uncertainty.

“Think about it like this: if you’d been suddenly taken from your home, you’d be spooked too, right?”

That...made sense. “Is...is there anything I can do?”

“The best way to help a newly caught Pokémon transition is to make yourself available, make them feel like they’ve got a new home with you. Indeedee, be a dear and use aromatherapy.”

Esther’s shoulders slumped, her muscles unwinding; she even forgot about the still-throbbing pain on her palms; all other sensations had been snatched away by the floral fragrance filling the air. Even houndour, for all its hostility, couldn’t help relaxing. For several moments it was if not willing, then at least passively accepting of Nurse Joy’s check-up.

When Nurse Joy stood up, Esther could see that her expression was grave. The Oblivian gulped, eyes darting between Houndour and Nurse Joy. Her brows jumped as Nurse Joy spoke, her once-warm voice now frigid.

“Indeedee...Psybeam.”

Though alarmed, Esther watched quietly as Indeedee blasted Houndour’s leg with a prismatic beam. She knew Houndour was in no danger, psychic type moves had no effect on dark types, and trusted the Nurse knew what she was doing, puzzling as her actions were.

Several moments passed in silence and then—RRKKZZT~*~Boom! Clueless as she might’ve been Esther knew Houndour’s didn’t make a noise like that and she needn’t look further than its hind leg, where wisps of smoke rose from a point nestled between Houndour’s fur and the bone-looking cuff around its leg. Esther balked as Nurse Joy removed a small black device from Houndour’s leg.

“A tracker...”

'Colored'
Union Cave

It had barely taken a second for the offer to sink in, and Colored was more than happy to accept it. "Y-yeah, I don't mind tagging along with you guys. If I'm going to Goldenrod, I should be prepared for social interaction... which is probably really needed for Contests. 'Cause I wanna do 'em and... yeah."

So she had followed the group quietly, temporarily returning Nino as she went down the ladder herself before releasing the Heliolisk once more. On being let out again, he had immediately put his frill out again and shone light on the path ahead. Colored was still content he wasn't being his overprotective mess.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Goldenrod City, Johto

Charade

"And so the great leader of the Crimson Crew effortlessly slips past the defenses of the biggest city in Johto, snaking his way into their Society completely unnoticed! They have no idea what awaits them as the incredible Charade walks with stride..."

That's when he paused looking how stiff his legs were because of how he was lugging that Whismur around that was clutching on so tightly.

"Or at least I would if SOMEONE just LET GO OF ME!"

Charade barked down at the creature on his ankle, who seemed determined to stay attached. They whimpered a bit as Charade raised his voice.

"Okay, I think it's time you get off me. C'mon, Paws off! GET. OFF. ME!"

After prying and prying, Charade eventually took the clingy little thing off of his ankle. The Whismur flailed it's little stubs to attach to him again, but to no avail as the evil man held it up suspended.

"Geez...why you so clingy?? It's almost like your attracted to Villainy-"

"Eeeeeep!"

Whismur covered it's sensitive ears as a car flew past honking their horn. Croagunk shook it's fist at the passing car as Charade scratched their chin, looking at the distressed creature.

"Hmmm, well I can leave this as is. C'mon, lemme do somethin' this."

Croagunk, Charade, and their hearing sensitive beachball made their way across the strip, looking at the types of shops until they found themselves at a Radio store just a hop skip and a jump from the radio station. 'Audio Jack's radio store' it said in red lettering. Outside they had a cardboard box. It was filled with defective old electronics. This gave Charade an idea.

"Hmmmm...!"

After sifting through severed cables, broken pokesketches, and Pokenavs, he eventually found a pair of thick red earphones, their audio Jack snipped off from the looks of it. He snapped his fingers as he grabbed it, fastening them to Whismur's ears.

"Aha! Good as new!" He proclaimed triumphantly, putting the creature down.

The Whismur looked around, surprised at the muffled sound before growing incredibly relieved, like a burden was lifted from it's shoulders. It made little hops of happiness at Charade, who seemed to snicker as he sized the creature up.

"...Say, I like the cut of your chin, kid! How'd you like to be a grunt in the Crimson Crew? Now I know you might be hesitant! So I hav e prepared a presentation that would persuade the greats of deniers that-"

Before he could continue on, the little creature hugged his ankle again. Charade stopped mid sentence, looking down at them. He didn't even need to make his speech! He cleared his throat as he pried Whismur off him

"Ahem, erm that's enough of that, ha..." He said before he bounced back. "BUT! Now that business is out of the way! We can FINALLY go back to our main plan! Causing a ruckus in Goldenrod city! Now with +1!"

Penny Lepiter; Trainer Ranking—Unranked
June 10th. Route 33.
Going down second, Penny paid attention to what had happened to Reina and made sure to avoid a similar embarrassment, letting go right before the final, broken rung and landing on her feet with a sort've awkward landing. She gave a quick smile to her friend before looking up the ladder and waving down their two, new traveling companions.

"It's only that last step," she called up. "don't be worried about it, though, the rest of the ladder is fine!"

Penny turned and looked down into the dark, second floor of the Union Cave—so far, it was...cave-y. However, somewhere off to the left, the soft sound of gently rushing water creeped through the caverns. It looked vaguely familiar, but she hadn't been near any water yesterday, not that she had much time to notice.

"I think I hear water this way," she pointed off to the left, motioning to Reina. "Let's go."

Off down that way, a trio of poachers gave each other the universal symbol to shhhh (a finger over the lips) as they crouched in hiding behind some boulders, cursing their luck. Out of sight of the four adventurers for the moment, the poachers tried to silently figure out whether they should run, or attack.

Vamon Quint; Litigative Investigator, Unova District Attorney's Office
June 10. RKT PokeBall Factory, Kalos.
It had taken a twenty-minute phone call with the Kalosian District Attorney, but eventually Vamon had wheeled-and-dealed himself an oral search warrant (it'd only taken offering the extradition of a minorly famous, Kalosian serial killer who'd been caught in Unova the past year—a heavy blow his boss wouldn't take easy, but Vamon saw it as necessary.) The RKT guards regarded him with a cold indifference, hardly saying a word to the investigator as they led him to Grey Gant's office, labeled, "Technological Coordinator and Adviser".

Grey's office was a testament to his time as a popular battler back in his day—pictures of him and his Pokemon holding tournament trophies, action photos of him on the field commanding his trust Umbreon, him with the WCS commissioner and other WCS Big-Wigs. Along with his inability to leave behind his past, Grey seemed to be cursed by his inability to cover his tracks; the man had left his desk and all his filing cabinets open. Vamon couldn't help but feel his old friend had left in a rush. He could feel prying, RKT eyes digging into the back of his head as he looked over some of the documents Grey had left out in the open.

A patent application for a self-applying, reusable potion patch; performance statistics from the past financial quarter regarding PokeBall sales; very detailed blueprints for a personal storage P.C—which happened to be marked confidential. Vamon, still aware eyes were bearing on him, took advantage of his incredible, visual memory, trying to take in not only the contents of the blueprints, but the details of their location in Grey's office.

He was in and out in five minutes.

"I'm led to believe Mr. Gant has a beachfront property down in Coumarine?" Vamon asked, tugging on the collar of his coat with a calmness.

"You know more than us, I bet." the security supervisor grumbled, quite assuredly unhappy to have to make his report about Quint's visit to his own boss.

"Yeah, I bet I do." Vamon said, and walked off toward his car.

A lot of trouble for a whole little to show for it—but Vamon Quint - like Cobel - had come to appreciate the small details that could come to redefine a whole case.

Cobel Timpinia; Trainer Ranking—Unranked
June 10, Modern Day. Coumarine City Port, Kalos.
The S.S Ablestar—what a pain in the ass, the private detective sighed to himself. No way Ms. Lindlour actually expected to him to break onto the ship and stay on it all the way back to Johto. That might've been something a younger Cobel would have tried, almost out of spite, but now, well—he was way too old for that shit. Immediately after leaving Henri Brignac's presence, Cobel diverted himself back toward the Ablestar, finding a hill rolling up just high enough for a good look down over the ships docked in Coumarine's port.

If Olivine had been anything to go off, most of the sailors on the ship would be out drinking their troubles away. They'd only left four sailors on the ship then, and they only had five Pokemon between them—and given their power display when attacking him in Olivine, the private eye knew he liked those odds quite a bit. But then came the problem of what he was even looking for.

Maybe it'd be better to find a group of them off-ship, he decided. Ablestar was quiet as hell anyway, Cobel noted—the kinda quiet kicked up by low-lives trying to lay their lives low to stay out of trouble. Still, that hadn't stopped them from stumbling off ship to drink and gamble. If he could even make one of them slip-up, get into some trouble...

A plan coagulating in his brain, Cobel lit a cigarette and took himself a satisfying, long drag. He was operating off of a lot of assumption, but sometimes that was the game he was forced to play. He wasn't sure about his ability to out-play RKT—but at least he felt confident he could get the drop on a ship full of dull sailors.

'Game time, Cobel,' he told himself like he used to back in the day, except now he exhaled smoke instead of breath. 'Let's go, let's go.'

June 10, Friday - Union Cave, Johto. Reina, current rank, 49,425

Reina responded to Penny with a soft nod and began walking towards the direction her friend mentioned. She walked with confidence, not having been the first cave she explored and with Diva by her side, her phone lighting the way and Maya on standby. The sound of rushing water kept getting louder and the smell of wet ground started to cover the atmosphere. Reina kept focused on her path though, wanting to make sure the trainers with her would be safe, for some reason, she felt she had become the leader of the small group or she was just to proud to follow either of them. She kept walking ahead until a drop of water landed on her nose. She looked up, only to feel another one hit her face. She made a note to try and avoid causing any damage to the ceiling above them and kept on her way.

"I think I see a river?" Reina said out loud as the ground in front of her slowly turned into moving water. "Yeah it's a river and it's going downstream!" She moved quickly to the edge and looked around. "It seems pretty wide, but I think I see the path continues across it." She turned to face the group. "Okay I got three Pokemon that can help us cross, anybody need help? I wouldn't recommend trying to swim across and maybe avoid getting wet as much as possible."

Diva rolled her eyes, if only she were bigger she could cross people across the river also, probably. But no, now another of her teammates were going to shine except for her.

Shiro nodded as she showed him where the lobby is and he headed in its direction, trying to get a room for himself and Glacier. After a much longer talk than he would want to admit, he received a Key of his own to be able to sleep in his room. Now he Just got to settle in, before that however, he got to meet with Emil. Shiro smiled and then agreed "Sure thing, lets meet here after everything is done!" He replied and waved back to her as she left.

He headed to his room by a stars and walked two floors up till he reached the one his room was supposed to be in. He opened the doors and entered it, looking around. It was small, but comfortable and Thanks to a fact he didnt have many things he dealt with the unpacking rather quickly and headed back with Cubchoo in his arms to the entrence of the hotel and waited a bit.

@Nightshade

Friday June 10- Saffron City, Kanto. 'Ace the Mercenary'. Last Known rank 166.

Ace put his head up and awoke after around two hours of sleep. He was sitting on a stool in the middle of a tightly packed, highly improvised prison cell in the corner of a cleared out office room. He couldn't remember what he was doing, just that he had drifted off just after Layla had spoken some words to him. A young man with bushy brown haired smiled at him. "You're awake." He said. He didn't seem to have any hate for Ace at all compared to the many goons or even Angus, who clearly held a grudge against Ace but had tried to hide it as a sign of strength. Angus was not in that cold room but the youth who he had ordered directly to take Ace to this cell for some reason. Ace couldn't comprehend why this guy was sent specifically for him, but he could understand why the man on the opposite end was there. The man sitting on a similar stool near the exit to the room, a narrow corridor with no door, was a bulky muscular man, similar to the thugs Ace had encountered, but he looked slightly more sophisticated, namely the azure blue clothing he sported. That was Arnold, a character Ace had seen with Angus several times. Ace stared Arnold but he made no noises, just grunts, as he sat, bored, looking down the corridor. The man with bushy brown hair was more interested in Ace and tried to ask questions enthusiastically about who Ace was, but Ace did not respond.

"Who are you?" Ace interrupted. "I haven't seen you before...and i've seen many of these goons of Angus's."

"I'm Stanley."

"Now now, don't be making friends with the prisoner." A voice came from the other side of the room. It was Arnold. He got up and approached Stanley in a threatening manner.

"To be honest, I don't really want to be doing this. I know i'm new here but-" Stanley was interrupted as Arnold grabbed him and forced him to a wall.

"What did I say? Or shall I turn you over to the police?!" He threatened the young thin man, who was weak in comparison.

Ace looked around and saw his bag and items had been gone. There was no way out of this. "I've had enough of this. Angus thinks he can one up me? Well i'll show him." Arnold roared. "I'll take over Black Fungus myself if I have to and bring it back to its former glory. But first, i'll take care of our visitor." He dropped Stanley as Stanley hit the ground with a great thud, potentially knocking him out.

A pink slime dripped from the ceiling about Ace's head and covered him partially. Then it formed onto the floor and slipped through the grates on the prison cells easily. A large mass of the pink stuff formed. Then it swamped around Arnold and pressed against him into the wall. The pink slime consumed him. Stanley gasped as he got up. "Layla!" He cried.

Suddenly, the pink mass launched itself off of Arnold, revealing the body of the police officer knocked onto the ground. The pink projectile hit the ceiling then crashed down as it formed back into the girl that Ace had met before. "I...he was going to kill him!" She screamed as she pointed to Ace.

There was some commotion as a bunch of Paras infected thugs dashed in. Within seconds, Angus was there. He told Layla off briefly but then saw Arnold on his feet. Stanley and Layla both tried explaining what was happening. They seemed to suggest Arnold was planning some sort of coup against him, rather than an attack on the prisoner, Ace, who Black Fungus cared little for.

"You would dare oppose me? After all i've given you?!" Angus scalded Arnold.

"I didn't...they..."

Angus pointed a finger and a group of thugs took him away. Angus looked towards Stanley and Layla and shook his head. He glanced at Ace, then left.

After some time, Layla and Stanley both looked at Ace. "We don't want to be here. Me and Layla have been talking for some time." Stanley said to Ace for some reason. "We're thinking of leaving...perhaps to another region where Black Fungus can't reach us. Listen, i'm a young man from a rural village...I don't need to be getting myself involved in this. I grew up alongside my brother, but I never imagined it would become this...well, Layla was a better sibling to me than Angus was..."

"Angus was your brother?" Ace asked as Stanley nodded in an ethusiastic way. He was the exact opposite of Ace. "That makes sense."

"Yep! He was always a bully."

"But what do you want me to do about all of this? As if I care about anything going on here?!" Ace was skeptical.

"We have your Pokemon here." Stanley said, pointing to a bag next to him. "If we give you them, and let you escape, will you allow us to come with you? Angus has treated both me and Layla awfully. I hope someday he'll be treated the way he treats others and pay for his crimes...people are starting to notice...but we need to leave now before he hurts us."

"You want to come with me? What would I do with you? I came here simply to find my stolen Pawniard!" Ace asked them as well as asking himself. He did not want to travel with others and hated the idea of doing so but this may be the only opportunity to escape. He was not very sociable and knew they'd anger him along the road somewhere but he hoped to ditch them when possible. The two of them started talking about a plan which caused Ace's thoughts about this to die down.

Ezio Farello
June 10, Oblivia Ruins, Oblivia Region

The armor was both out of place and a perfect fit, it was ominous and comforting. Ezio wanted to touch it and shy away from it. What was it about this armor that caught his attention so much? He was about to touch the armor when the cry of a Lucario rang through the hallway, echoing against the walls and the armor sets. Panic had set in as Ezio frantically looked around for a hiding place. If the Lucario was anything like the Bastiodon, it was probably hostile and for good reason. He basically was walking in its territory and Lucario had every right to defend it. Every Pokémon other than Erebus and Eviscerate would be in for a nasty fight and those two hated water with every fiber of their being to the point that it affected their capability to follow orders. If things got dicey in this hallway, there could very well be a collapsing wall or ceiling. No one but Dolan and Lenora knew where he was, and they would not go look for him. He needed to hide, now!

In his desperation, Ezio put on one of the armor sets and tried to hide among the busts to not draw attention to himself. Forcing himself to stand up straight, the man tried to stay calm as the Pokémon wandered around the hallway. Whilst Lucario was only 3'11 and only reached around his waist, the Pokémon could definitely put him out of commission if it wanted to. The Aura Pokémon's appendages behind its ears fluttered as it scanned for aura, causing Lucario to turn on a dime and look at Ezio. Aura flared up and covered Lucario, causing Ezio to take a step back in fear. At that moment, a voice whispered in his ears.

Without knowing why, Ezio raised his arms before holding them in front of him, as if he was charging some kind of orb or projectile. His body began to shake as he began to speak within in his mind. Lucario, I mean no harm. Please let me pass through your territory and I shall leave you alone. Surprisingly enough, the Lucario seemed to listen as its aura died down and it let Ezio pass, who wasted no time with leaving the room and took the armor off. Once he properly caught his breath, he looked at the helmet of the suit of armor. This armor seemed to be capable of communicating with Pokémon, but he felt a second presence when he wore it. Something was off here, this armor could very well have more sinister powers than he thought.

‘Colored’
Union Cave

Something had caused Colored to hear that one of her companions needed Pokémon to cross the water instead of the fact they HAD Pokémon to help, and somebody else had misheard it too. Because shortly before she had tried to talk, Drip had burst free from his Pokeball and quite pridefully shown himself to the group.

“Va-porrrr!”

That honestly gave his trainer a mild shock, and Colored simply sighed and left the Vaporeon out of his ball to not dampen his spirits. No pun intended.

“Uh… I may need help. While Drip here is… eager… a Vaporeon can’t quite carry my weight.”

Although Drip gave her a somewhat rough look, he understood and simply paced to her side that Nino wasn’t standing by. Yet having this pair stand by her caused Colored to think. Maybe she should start filling up her roster more… a Snivy, Heliolisk, Vaporeon and Cincinno weren’t gonna get her all the way. And she was already contemplating what could be next.

Banan-chan

Previously QueOne
Frances Copeland - Unranked
June 10 - Hammerlocke

“I haven’t tried battling with my Pokemon for a long time,” Frances replied. “The closest I’ve come is sending out my Togekiss to deal with wild Pokemon on her own. It’s not really the same, though.”

They were now approaching Hammerlocke, the gateway to the Wild Area. Corviknight glided a little lower, preparing for a landing.

“Sometimes I do wish that I could battle again, for thrills and all. But I’m pretty content with how things are right now. By the way, is there any place you want me to drop you off in particular, or would the entrance do?”

Brian Killian - Trainer rank: 267
June 10th - Hammerlocke, Galar Region

"Just the entrance will do, I can make the rest of the way on foot." Brian said as he looked out the window and could see a pillar of red light in the distance, most likely a Max Lair where a Dynamaxed Pokemon resided. "Well, it's not my place for me to decide how you live your life. If you wish to continue the peaceful life you're living now, that's your choice. But if you ever feel like wanting to try and battle again, I would be more than happy to be an opponent." He said as he got out of the carriage and put his hat back on, he turned his head back to Frances and gave her a warm smile.

"Thank you most kindly for the lift, and even more so for the conversation." Brian said with a friendly tone and a tip of his hat before he looked back at the Max Lair in the middle of a nearby valley, if he looked carefully, he could see a few trainers nearby. This made him smile even wider, more people always made Pokemon battles all the more interesting.

Ace clutched to the bars as he saw Layla and Stanley leaving the room. He thought for a second they had betrayed them, before realising what they were doing.

Stanley entered an abandoned office room down the hallway from the makeshift prison cells. He saw a large cue ball thug sleeping in a small wooden stool. Beside him, sat a large set of keys. The keys were to all the prison cells. Stanley tried not to make much a noise, but before he could even enter the room, he stepped on a wooden plank that was loose. It fell down and the cue ball awoke. Stanley instantly dropped to the floor. Luckily, a reception desk was in this office which completely concealed his appearance as the cue ball tried to sniff him out like a Lycanroc. But it was no use, as Stanley managed to keep still, which was something completely out of character for the young man. He had to get this right, he thought, otherwise he'd have no shot of getting out. When the cue ball went back to his stool, Stanley pulled out a Poke Ball and a Paras appeared. It seemed to take all of his commands as it crept towards the stool. The cue ball shifted in his seat for a few seconds as the Paras tried to grab the keys beneath him. As the keys rattled, so did the cue ball and he awoke hearing Stanley whisper to the Pokemon. He turned, but then found the Paras on his head. It released some spores as the man fell to the floor. Scurrying towards Stanley, the man grabbed the keys then dashed off. He opened Ace's cage as the mercenary grabbed the bag of Pokemon.

Ace considered his next actions. He looked towards Stanley then the opening in the wall leading to the lift. He shook his head and waited for Stanley. "I don't have time for this. I've got a stolen Pokemon to find."

"Your Pawniard is in the Unovan quarters." Stanley responded. "There's a section where Angus likes to look back towards the past, when things were simpler."

"I don't care, I'm finding my Pawniard, then leaving."

"Then follow me!" He said as he ran towards the exit, crouching down. Ace followed him and decided to do the same thing but in a more silent way giving up on being himself.

The Unovan quarters was luckily not on another floor. It was actually opposite the prisons, across the corridor. When the pair arrived, they saw cells similar to those in the prisons but they were of a laser like quality and held beneath a steel-grazed ceiling various gadgets stolen from Unova. But there were also Pokemon in these cells, which Stanley explained with a horrified face as he spotted that all the ones with Pokemon inside had been broken. In their places were the bodies of various thugs and cue balls. Ace scanned the room and found it to be empty. But he spotted a painting of a man with green hair and a cap. Next to that was an even bigger painting of some sort of old man in a chaos black hood, one which looked very familiar to Ace. He couldn't quite place who this was, but he knew he had seen him before.

A group of thugs popped through a door across the room and were suprised to see a scientist with glasses and in a white lab coat attending to a large computer. "Good Doctor, there you are. We thought you'd be with our other mates on the top floor!" One of the thugs interrupted him.

The scientist looked at them quickly then pressed a button and a lone Lillipup ran out. A cloud of energy surrounded it. It tripped as one of the thugs tried to grab it. It transformed into a black fox like Pokemon, a Zorua. It lept out of the thug's hands. "Come here you little..." Another thug said as he ran forwards. "Get it!" He shouted as a group of them ran to catch the Zorua, darting down the corridor and not noticing Stanley and Ace hiding in the corner.

Stanley and Ace in a creeping manner, ran forwards silently but were met by the scientist and the remaining thugs. One grabbed the scientist but he pressed him back. The thugs were about to send some Pokemon out when the scientist also started transforming into a pink thing, Layla the Ditto. She had fooled them in the appearance of one of the scientists working there. Layla consumed them, removed the Paras spores on their chest, and pushed them onto the floor, knocking them out. She then transformed into her girl formed and walked towards Ace.

"Mister. You care about me?"

"I..do?" He said, walking closer. At this, she presented a poke ball. He threw it onto the ground and a Pawniard appeared. "This is the one." He smiled for the first time in months.

"I have no idea who stole this from you." Stanley stated.

"Oh, I know who did this." Ace gave Stanley a strange look.

"What? I.."

"How would you two know where it was hidden?"

"Well I-" There was a loud crash noise as a group of thugs could be heard making chatter as they ran towards the room.

"No time for this. Run! To the lift." The three of them did so but as they approached the lift at the end of the corridors they saw a large group of thugs with a policeman at the front - Arnold.

"Today will be the day we revolutionize Black Fungus!" Arnold shouted. "We will take over this building and kick Angus out! We will get rid of those pesky Swinubs who are a detrament to this revolution!!!" He roared as the thugs cheered him. He was somehow free. He turned around as he commanded them all in turn. "Guests! Our guests! There they are! The first in the way of our bloodbath!" Suddenly the thugs had sent out a large horde of Paras, around ten of them to be exact. The surrounded the three rogues as they stood next to Arnold and his Parasect near the lift. "You shall not get past us!"

In an instant, Ace's Scyther was out and Stanley's Paras as well as some more of Stanley's Pokemon. Layla in girl form had sent out a large Vileplume. They all looked at each other as a mighty battle was to take place.

Aldon looked as the others went down the ladder. He looked at Zippy the magnemite who was now looking back at him. Aldon pointed his flashlight in the direction they were headed, and magnemite pointed his eye light in the same direction.

"eeehhh.... Yyyyeah. I think I hear it. Sounds like its not too far, that way, I think" Aldon said pointing to the general direction of the water.

"I wonder what our odds of finding a lapras over there will be, I mean... Only one way to find out, but still" Aldon said wondering if there really was one down there. Skol was now on the ground following behind Aldon, just happy to be going on another adventure. Even Skol was carefully listening to the water flow, and was thinking about sticking his tail in the water when they got there.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Goldenrod City

Charade

The Crimson Crew resumed their evil scheme...to find an evil scheme. Charade actually hadn't thought this far ahead what he would do when he got here. Not a soul looked evil enough to join his criminal organization. Maybe they were all hiding? If so...how would he draw anyone out?"

"Hmmmm...what would draw evil doers out into the limelight?" Charade scratched his chin.

"Croag..." The frog mimicked his action.

"Ah yes....!"

"Croag?"

"...Nah..."

"Croag..."

"Maybe if we blow up a building- but that would require explosives. Expansive ones...and I don't think mom will let me put those on her credit card."

"..."

"..."

"But maybe...aha! If we steal something really expensive, and I mean REALLY expensive, then they will have to take us seriously, right?!"

"Croag-unk!" The poison type nodded up and down in agreement.

"But what to steal...hm..."

That's when a woman, carrying around a handful of notes passed him by. Charade snickered before leaping out next to her, snapping finger guns toward her whilst Whismur and Croagunk followed.

"This might sound weird lady, but what is the most EXPENSIVE thing in this entire city?! For uh...trivia of course."

"Oh, that's not weird at all." The woman smiled before pointing ahead. "That would be the Golden Line Museum. I hear they are bringing in the biggest shiny stone ever discovered in, priced at several million! Isn't that cool!"

"Yes...YES!"

"I know right??"

"PERFECT! This is just what I need to have my name projected to the world!"

"...Uh...excuse me?"

"Oh don't mind me, go on." Charade swept aside, batting his eyes innocently.

"Uhm, well, hear they mined it from Iron Island in Sinnoh miraculously, and that it just got shipped in last night. The exhibit should be coming up tomorrow."

"That's all I need to know, Civilian woman!"

Then charade marched away, stuff and crablike, all the while laughing uproariously to the sky, leaving the woman in a state of sheer confusion.

National Park, Johto
"Seems like she decided to look at the fountain..." Desmond mused as first the Dusknoir had floated over in that direction and then not too long after Emma's Togekiss had come flying over which had caused Desmond to flinch a bit as even "pretty" Pokemon had been unnerving to him but it seemed to try to lead him and his Politoed over to the fountain so he guessed it also was of Emma's person.

"Politoed!" Politoed cried out and began to hop to the fountain as it seemed eager to meet back up with Emma, and Desmond soon followed as with the insanity that had been this "villain" just now he needed to speak to someone who was just a touch more normal.

Or least someone he'd be able to spill this craziness with. Soon enough the pair arrived to the fountain and Desmond had gotten a view of Emma once more.

"S-so, everything...okay?" Desmond asked.

Trainer Emma Argentston, National Park, Johto, June 8th, Rank 48,679

Emma had been looking at the fountain further, with the help of Sliggoo, as the water types went back to their homes in the park.

"Charade, you messed up Big time with this fountain." Emma called out, she then turned to Desmond, blushing in embarrassment, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly, "Sorry about that, the water types went back to their homes, and it seems like this 'Villain' had vandalized their hangout spot."

Dusknoir and Togekiss returned to Emma's sides, as she returned all of them, letting Volcarona, he flew up to watch over Emma and Desmond. She noticed how he was a bit skittish, even with her Togekiss. She had gotten further details as to how it was done.

"Spray paint, this is going to take the Park staff days to clean," Emma whispered under her breath, "I just Hope that they can reopen soon so they don't take a hit in tourism."

She then spoke up.

"I've called the Director of the park, so they are on their way, if you are willing, would you be able to describe the suspect?"

Emma was worried for this park, and what could happen if this vandal was not caught.

June 10th. Union Cave, 2nd Floor.

"Maybe we can cross, one at a time," Penny said to the group as she released Ditto out of its PokeBall for what felt like the first time in forever. She pointed to Vaporeon, and with a dutiful salute, the pink blob transformed into a derpy - but otherwise sea-worthy - Eeveelution clone. "I think between these two and maybe we could...oh!"

Mirror the mock-Vaporeon had stepped foot into the 'river', and was standing with the water just barely up to its chest.

"Ditto!" Mirror grinned, implying it was still ready to carry people across.

"I think we can just cross, if you're not too afraid to get your shoes wet." she said, suddenly looking down to her pretty, blue flats and the thin, gray socks that stretched up to her calves. Maybe she should use Ditto after all.

That thought passed her mind quickly as she stepped into the water, which hardly reached up high enough to soak her skirt. The water was chilly, but not invasively so. Still, Penny shivered as she stepped in, instantly uncomfortable at the thought of her water-clogged shoes.

"This should lead us toward wherever the Lapras are!" she pointed out, not adding, if there are any.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Off in the distance, the poachers stifled groans; the four adventurers would be crossing the way and then headed down, almost directly in their path. They could stay still behind the boulders and hope to avoid protection, but that seemed like the worst available option. Instead, the three - still crouching, nervous - clutched at PokeBalls on their hips.

"Any-a youse got an electric type?" a dark-haired poacher asked his buddies.

"I got my Electabuzz." replied an orange-haired poacher, popping his head over the boulder to try and get a look at the adventurers,

"Should we give 'em a lil...shock?" asked the third poacher, a wide man with a scar across his neck.

"Hold on, just another minute, let them get a bit closer..." the orange-haired man said, twirling the PokeBall deviously around in his palm.

June 10. Grey Gant's House, near Coumarine City, Kalos

Gant - the bankrupt bastard - lived in what Vamon could only describe as a hulking mansion; nearly seventy rooms over four floors, with a massive acreage out back that rivaled the size of Miranda Dayne's ranch—only Grey's was devoid of most life or joy, instead replaced with a perfectly-kept battlefield that Vamon assumed served as part-training ground, part-portal to the glory days of Grey's rapidly declining youth.

But the mansion had no butler, nor was it occupied by a happy family or even long-time friends of the inhabitant. Grey Gant's mansion was devoid of much else beyond the pomp and circumstance of being just that. Even as Vamon Quint walked up the cracked, cement stairs past over-grown hedges and a garden full of weeds, he wondered just what sort of pit Grey had fallen into in the past few years. But he'd seen good men fall to degeneracy before, whether by need or nature or both.

A massive set of gold-plated oak double doors stood before Vamon, who gripped one of the knockers in his hand. They were shaped like Grey's ace Pokemon, Driftblim; with the grip being at the ghost-type's head, pulling it down so as to slam its face into the door.

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK.

The Unovan D.A's Investigator waited politely, folding his arms over and whistling a random tune as he did. He waited several minutes, in fact, an eerie silence hanging over the mansion like a cloud. Eventually, however, Grey Gant himself pulled open the door, wearing but a shabby, green shower robe, a look of despair clinging to his face. He looked sick, and he looked tired.

"Jesus Christ, Grey—" Vamon whispered, shocked.

"—it's good to see you to, Quint," Grey sounded sincere, though fear flickered as his eyes crossed paths with Vamon's. "but I don't think you can come in."

"I have no choice," Vamon said, holding out his badge. "I need to talk to you. About Unova. About what you're doing here, in Kalos."

"I...took a job with RKT—" Grey started, eyes darting around nervous.

Vamon pushed his way past his weak-looking, old friend and into the mansion. A twin, spiraling staircase led up to the second floor, which itself had a nice, gallery view of the first. The walls were threadbare, and Vamon could see almost no furniture to speak of—not only in the entrance hall, but the two adjacent rooms.

"Wasn't long after the papers reported the District Attorney was investigating you for tax fraud, you took a gig and fled to Kalos," he commented, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his dress pants. Vamon let a whistle out, as if admiring the most embarrassing mansion he'd ever seen. "Claimed bankruptcy on your sole proprietorship, too, huh? Not that the cops back there could do shit about it, the mess they'd got themselves in anyhow."

He turned around and gave Grey a knowing shrug. It hadn't been the D.A's incompetence that had let Gant run free for so long—or even the trouble with the police back in Unova. As with lawyers, it was all about timing, building the best case possible. And Vamon had finally been let off his chain, to sink his teeth into Gant and drag the poor bastard back to Unova, kicking and screaming.

"Not now, Quint, c'mon man," Grey said, his breath turning short, his body shivering—though not quite out of fright, as Vamon had been assuming. "The money's coming man it's right around the corner, I got my hands on it. Why does nobody believe me!?"

"Long past time for all that, I'm afraid." he replied, shaking his head, not paying attention to the last tidbit. Between underreporting income, falsifying documents and straight-up not paying, Grey had hit the trifecta—he'd struck out, essentially, as much as he might think he was still up to bat. And in spite of Cobel's nose-poking its way around RKT's affairs, Vamon was there for Grey alone.

Grey started to look around, his mind racing for the right words, or the right action to take. At one time, he'd been a believer in good karma. He was a kind man, who treated people with genuine respect, and was always the first to have a friend's back. Hell, Vamon probably wouldn't have been in his position without the noble nature of Grey Gant. This was a situation far beyond karma, however. It was society, and Vamon was playing his role. Grey had had more money than any him, Cobel, Miranda, maybe even all three of them combined. And now, Grey Gant's faith in people, and in the universe giving goodness back, had brought him here. Here, scrambling for one, last way out.

"I'm afraid, Quint," Grey admitted, finally, dropping to his knees in defeat. "I'm afraid that I know too much now."

"Too much about what?" Vamon asked, kneeling to console his friend.

"A lil bit-o' this, a lil bit-o' that, y'know." a new, thundering voice spoke, having emerged from a hiding spot up on the second floor balcony.

The new person - a bulking man in dark, camo colors (tank-top and pants) and combat boots - and an ally, smaller, with shaggier hair but dressed in the same dark camouflage moved into view. Vamon heard a distinctive pair of violent snaps as the men pumped shotguns at their hips.

"It ain't RKT—" Grey Gant started to say, even as Vamon moved to pull his sulking, old friend out of the line of fire.

Both men had raised their guns, and began to rain a leady hell down on Vamon and Grey.

Montagne Khastil - Unranked - June 9th, Evening - Lumiose City, Kalos

"I'm not asking, I'm telling you to get in the ball!" It was a command, but Oracle didn't react to it like one. Instead a low growl sounded from the Absol in protest, and her ability flared up as Monty brandished a black and gold sphere. The trainer understood her aversion to being confined in the small space, given how they had met, yet that didn't change the fact that the Steamed Corphish didn't allow Pokémon. At least, none not already on a plate.

The pair had been arguing, or rather Monty was arguing at Oracle, in front of one of Lumiose City's most acclaimed fine dining restaurants for the better part of five minutes; one of the longest arguments the criminal had ever had without starting a fight.

"Tch. And knock it off with the Pressure!" Monty commanded, though his partner only relented when he withdrew his Luxury Ball wielding hand. After their encounter with Evelynne, Oracle had finally allowed Monty to catch her with the Ball. What should have been a breakthrough turned out not to matter much, though, as the Absol immediately popped out in a flash of red light and stubbornly refused to stay inside since.

"Listen, I can't have you bursting out in the middle of this restaurant," Monty implored with his partner to no visible avail. "I just need to talk to the Boss for a bit and get out. It won't be that long." The Absol still seemed unconvinced until her trainer added, "We'll try some battling tomorrow if you behave." Oracle weighed her options for a moment before turning her nose up at the Luxury Ball without activating her ability, which Monty took as a sign that she begrudgingly accepted his terms.

"Took you long enough," the criminal muttered as he recalled his partner. With the insubordinate Absol safely stowed away, Monty could meet Cormier without the fear that she would betray how difficult controlling her was. That still didn't remove the fear that the Boss had something even more outlandish than yesterday cooked up for him, but it was a start.

Monty swung open the Corphish's tinted glass door and stepped into the low-lit restaurant, and after a brief exchange with the host and more than a few side-eyes from the uppity clientele he found Cormier at a secluded table next to the railing on the upstairs patio. The Boss wore a deep purple suit, different from yesterday morning, and his protegé felt the eyes of similarly well-dressed patrons boring into him as he crossed the patio in his street clothes.

Cormier's face lit up when he spotted Monty, and he amicably gestured to the open seat across from him.

"Welcome, Montagne! Take a seat, I already ordered for us both." Cormier took a final drag from his cigarette and put it out in an ashtray on the table, opting to leave it there rather than discard it over the railing.

Monty thanked him as he took the seat, and Cormier waved a waiter over as he asked, "How did it go at the docks last night?"

"Michel didn't give you a report?"

"That's not what I asked," Cormier stated as he turned to the waiter and ordered, "Surprise me with something...Johtoan. A red, preferably."

The waiter nervously commended him for his choice and quickly departed, and Cormier crossed his long arms over the table as Monty began relaying the previous night's events to him. "Michel and I scouted out the dock until Wabash got there, " he started, "But there were...complications. Apparently the feds got to Wabash before he could leave Sinnoh, so his crew and half his cargo got left behind."

"I already know about that," Cormier said with a dismissive wave of his hand. "Was your task successful?"

Oh, that. "Yes, sir. I picked the strongest looking one he had, an Absol."

Something which Monty didn't recognize passed through Cormier's eyes, but the Boss simply closed them and said, "Good. How did it do in battle?"

The younger criminal froze like a Deerling in headlights. How was he supposed to battle with Oracle when just getting her to stay in her ball was a chore? Still, Monty needed to say something. "It did well-"

"You haven't battled with it yet." Of course the Boss called his bluff.

"Well, no, but-"

"But?" Cormier echoed. "But what? But you will battle with it eventually?" Monty's blood began to rise, but he nodded in an effort to placate his tablemate. "You need to take this a little more seriously, Montagne. There is too much to do for you to laze around at that brothel."

"Why do you care about what I do when I'm not on a job?" Monty demanded brashly. Cormier's expression instantly told him he'd overstepped his bounds, and the Boss waved a hand dismissively as he hissed, "Now's not the time for that discussion. Especially when you are on a job." Cormier's gaze snapped upwards and a faux smile graced his lips as the waiter slunk up to the table with their wine.

The younger man opened his mouth to retort, but the waiter's anxious return made him hold his tongue. "A vintage Johtoan red," the man announced, showing off a deep-green bottle. He poured two glasses and bowed, and Cormier thanked him as he took his leave. The older man lifted his glass and swirled it, watching the deep-red liquid coat the glass, and took a small sip before exhaling softly.

"You do not have that Absol merely for the sake of having a Pokémon, Montagne," Cormier said, staring into his subordinate's steely eyes. "You have it because it will make you stronger. Back in the old days-" More talk of the old days. It struck Monty as strange that someone so obsessed with his city was so focused on the past. "-our fists were enough. Then new players started moving into Kalos, and they brought their Pokémon with them. Still, our predecessors refused to adapt. You're like them in that way, Montagne."

Was that pride in Cormier's voice? Monty could never tell. "It was their downfall." Definitely not pride. "Slowly, building by building, street by street, and city by city, we lost territory to other players," Cormier continued, "Those old fools wondered why, but the answer should have been obvious."

"They weren't strong enough." Monty said. The Boss nodded, and took another sip of his wine before elaborating further. "Precisely. That is why it is so important that you take this task seriously."

Cormier kept saying it, but Monty had no idea what his task even was. "So you want me to get stronger?"

"I want you to make the Old Guard stronger," Cormier corrected. "But more simply, yes." Great, now he actually knew what he needed to do. Still, it was easier said than done for someone with no battle experience.

"'Get stronger' is a little abstract for my tastes, though," the Boss continued, "So I'll give you a benchmark. You're familiar with the Kalos League, right?" Monty nodded affirmatively. "Good, so when I tell you to obtain at least one Gym Badge before the end of June, you know what I mean?"

A Gym Badge before the end of June? That didn't sound too hard to Monty. He nodded affirmatively again, and Cormier smiled contentedly. "Magnifique! Now let's indulge a little more in this wine. It's délicieux, no?"

Monty and Cormier made small talk as they finished off the bottle together, and after a few minutes their food arrived. The Boss was spot on with his order, and his subordinate had to hold himself back from tearing into the tantalizing Bouffalant steak set in front of him.

Monty studied his tablemate as they shared their meal. He recalled his thoughts from the previous night, and wondered if he really did hate the man before him. Cormier had been the chief figure in his life for well over a decade, and Monty had to admit that this man who represented the pinnacle of authority might be the only one who held his admiration.

Still, Monty couldn't stop his blood from rising when he thought of how Cormier was keeping him from going back to the life he knew before his second incarceration. He remembered their conversation the previous morning, and thought that maybe Cormier was right about him being like their predecessors. Too stubborn to change, but hindered by their stagnation. At the very least, Cormier was right about him needing to be stronger. Maybe he was right about this task of his being the best way to do it, too.

Last edited:
June 10, Friday - Union Cave, Johto. Reina, current rank, 49,425.

Reina raised her finger to try and stop Penny, but it was too late. She watched her friend go into the water and sighed. "I have a better option..."

She tossed a Greatball into the air, releasing King, her Tauros. The bull like Pokemon landed with a splash on the water, shaking his head and whipping his tails into the air. Reina quickly climbed on the Pokemon, Diva jumping on to her lap quickly and King began to cross the river.

"You can use Ditto to get the other two across right? You can cross with us." She reached a hand out for her friend. "Come on, just make sure to grab on tight in case the current gets strong." She waved towards Aldon and Colored. "I'll use my water Pokemon to scout the river meanwhile."

Reina threw one more Pokeball, letting out her Marshtomp, Peque. The water type began moving ahead down the stream, lurking and submerging underwater to get a clear view of the path ahead. Reina helped her friend up and looked at her wet shoes, giving a small shrug and a sympathy smile before letting the Tauros lead ahead. The normal type began moving at a steady pace, trying not to slip and cause and accident, while trying to stay calm with Diva demanding he went faster.

Trainer Emma Argentston, National Park, Johto, June 8th, Rank 48,679

Emma had been looking at the fountain further, with the help of Sliggoo, as the water types went back to their homes in the park.

"Charade, you messed up Big time with this fountain." Emma called out, she then turned to Desmond, blushing in embarrassment, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly, "Sorry about that, the water types went back to their homes, and it seems like this 'Villain' had vandalized their hangout spot."

Dusknoir and Togekiss returned to Emma's sides, as she returned all of them, letting Volcarona, he flew up to watch over Emma and Desmond. She noticed how he was a bit skittish, even with her Togekiss. She had gotten further details as to how it was done.

"Spray paint, this is going to take the Park staff days to clean," Emma whispered under her breath, "I just Hope that they can reopen soon so they don't take a hit in tourism."

She then spoke up.

"I've called the Director of the park, so they are on their way, if you are willing, would you be able to describe the suspect?"

Emma was worried for this park, and what could happen if this vandal was not caught.

National Park, Johto

As Desmond listened to Emma upon his arrival he was greeted with an apology as she outlined the vandalism that she pinned on that "villain" he had battled earlier which caused the photographer to raise a slight eyebrow.

"You sure that guy did this? I have to say given my encounter with him, doesn't seem like the type to do that. He's all up on himself about what a villain he is but he seems to have great compassion for Pokemon that are not even his...more so than their own trainers..." Desmond explained, the last part with a sigh as he seemed a little hard from his hesitancy nearly having nearly put his Politoed in peril.

Politoed patted his back as if to assure him it had been okay before it hopped over and offered to help least wash away the spray paint.

"Oh uh sure, I suppose." Desmond said to Emma as he'd rather not get tangled up in this little crime drama but he figured it was in his civic duty or something to that effect.

'Colored'
Union Cave, June 10

So that was a tiny speck awkward. However, Drip had quickly gotten a plan and jumped to the other Vaporeon with an energetic trilling. In a way, he had created a solution in his own words by more or less making a Vaporeon chair that would assist in crossing this river. Of course, such clever creativity couldn't help but be noticed and noted by Colored.

"Oh... balancing the weight distribution. I like what you've got going on, buddy."

She didn't mind getting a speck wet in the legs on mounting her newly formed carriage, which both agreed among one another to only move when the whole group was good to go. During this time, Colored had looked in her information notebook to see if a memory was correct. And the page she arrived at, the one of her Cincinno, told her all she needed.

'Received Species: Mincinno
Traded Species: Litwick
Original Trainer: Somebody named Gammel.
Place of Trade: Globaltrade.net/forums' (NOT a real site, just made up.)

"...gotta thank overly specific note taking."

On looking at this, Colored nodded to herself before stashing her notebook away. This forum past her had noted... she figured once she got to Goldenrod after this little escapade, this website could be the key to building her team up past what it was.

Ace's Scyther slashed through about half of the Paras that belonged to the thugs, instantly fainting them. In an instant, the remaining Paras held up mushrooms, wiggling them as an energy was released. Arnold's Parasect held up a large spore, adding to the effects as Scyther fell down from the air onto the ground, hurting it significantly as it fell asleep. The Paras then jumped on top of him, attacking the mantis, which had seen many fights and battles, humiliating it.

Stanley's Paras meanwhile struggled against another Paras, pushing its body back before overwhelming it. Another two Paras appeared behind it, outnumbering him. A large purple liquid fell down from the air and took out these two Paras instantly. As more thugs appeared at the doors with Paras, this poisonous attack badly affected them as it was launched again and took out a further four Paras. Stanley identified this as a sludge bomb attack and turned to see Layla in girl form commanding her rather large Vileplume to use the attack on mass. As they heard the thugs in front of them retreating, Arnold stood there encouraging more to come, as there were a further few waves behind them, reinforcements. They battled for what seemed like hours when Stanley's Paras was overwhelmed.

Ace reached into his pocket to pull out his Pawniard in its Poke Ball but found ones belonging to other Pokemon instead. A Honedge appeared beside him. It dueled with Arnold's Parasect until it cut right across the mushroom Pokemon, almost cutting it right in half. Arnold furiously returned his Pokemon as he sent out another fungus Pokemon looking like a Poke Ball, an Amoonguss. Arnold commanded several Giga Drain attacks as Honedge was depleted of its life. He laughed maniacally as this happened. Honedge quickly dropped to the ground and Ace swiftly returned it. Ace looked for Pawniard again, but still couldn't find him, pulling out an Absol instead.

Layla commanded more Sludge Bombs from her Vileplume, as it decimated a large number of Paras. She diverted her attention to Ace and damaged Arnold's Amoonguss greatly with a flurry of flowers from a petal blizzard attack, which overwhelmed all the thugs somehow as many fled the scene. A Moonblast, followed by a blast of Pollen Puff severly wounded the Amoonguss. However, Arnold's Amoonguss retaliated and pushed Vileplume back to a wall. Exhausted, Vileplume fell to the ground.

Arnold diverted his attention to Ace. He looked up Ace's Absol, who had tried to stab at Amoonguss various times and failed. "Now! Power up for a solar beam attack!" Arnold yelled as great energy filled Amoonguss.

"Night slash." Ace ordered as Absol successfully stabbed Amoonguss. It looked as if one or two more hits could defeat Arnold's greatest Pokemon.

As Absol and Amoonguss dueled, Stanley rushed like a clown towards the lift. A bunch of thugs noticed him and chased after him. They were stopped by a wall of pink which made them bounce into another wall, knocking them out. It was Layla in Ditto form. Layla transformed then into a pool of liquid and snuck quickly past Arnold into the lift. Arnold was about to turn and grab Stanley when the young man dived into the lift and Layla reimerged as a cube of pink surrounding the lift. "No!" Stanley yelled. "Ace!" He tried waving towards the mercenary as Ace acknowledged him and nodded. The doors closed in a sea of pink as Stanley and Layla escaped together, with Stanley's face a look of disappointment as he could not collect Ace in time to leave. Arnold glanced back at Ace to try and get his prioirities straight.

"They're done for..." Arnold spoke again. "But you will die here!!" He cackled. "Now Amoonguss, Solar Beam!!"

Amoonguss shot out a beam of light which caused the remaining thugs to fall to the ground, covering their eyes. The light blinded the air and caused all to not see what was about to happen next. Absol jumped up and swung down to hit Amoonguss. Ace somehow had two Poke Balls in his hands. Absol slashed down at Amoonguss, absorbing the attack but causing an explosion which sent Amoonguss flying. Amoonguss hit the corner of the ceiling, fell down, then fainted. The explosion resulted in Arnold on the floor. He put one knee up and glanced up, barely holding onto the floor alive. He laughed as he saw Ace's Absol fall to the ground. His victorious expression was then replaced with one of shock and anger as the Absol was returned to its Poke Ball and instead, a large Gliscor was in its place. The Gliscor held onto Ace.

"Get us out of here." Ace said as Gliscor nodded and started flying away. "Send my regards to Angus...and what's left of this filthy ponzy scheme...I really don't have time for any of you." He face was a smug one as he flew out of the room, even smashing through an office window in style. Arnold fell down in defeat.

Gliscor dropped Ace down on the ground a few stories later. Another explosion saw the ground floor wiped as the Layla powered Lift had taken them out. She ran out in girl form with Stanley holding her hand minutes later. They looked for Ace but could not find him and searched for him, whilst on the run. It didn't look like the remaining thugs or Angus had bothered to go after them. They had wasted too much time, energy and money for that such it had become extremely wasteful to even think about it. The pair of them saw a familiar man at Saffron City's eastern gate after much searching and approached him, seeing that it was in fact Ace.

Banan-chan

Previously QueOne
Frances Copeland - Unranked
June 10 - Hammerlocke

Frances ended up dropping her passenger off at the gate. She noticed that he seemed eager to get going, so she simply replied, with a faint smile, “Perhaps, if we meet again.” She gave a few words of thanks, before mounting her ride once more and taking off.

As she ascended, Frances once again remembered the previous ordeal on Route 10. She realized that she could stand to become a better trainer, if not only to better protect future passengers. Togekiss had been in her possession for many years now; perhaps she had earned the right to use the Pokemon as her own. As for the other two, there might be a sliver of hope for them.

For now though, they could use a little rest, Frances thought as she was set down in front of the Hammerlocke Pokemon Center. Perhaps tomorrow they could begin their training.

Friday June 10- Route 8, Kanto, Just East of Saffron City. 'Ace the Mercenary'. Last Known rank 166.

Ace, with his hands in his pockets calmly strolled through what remained of the eastern gate past Saffron City. The city had taken its toll on him, that was a certainty. He had left many of his things back in the Grand Ditto Hotel in a rush. What he needed, he thought, was a fresh life, a new start, at least somewhere to go aware from the torture of all his dealings with the thugs and evil groups he had fought with or against. Black Fungus had been the final straw. See the empty eastern gate with a ruined ceiling from its last disastrous takeover, Ace saw that the desk where a police officer was supposed to be had been left abandoned. Now, people crossed the gatehouse occassionally and paid no attention to what was left behind. The mercenary spotted the symbol of Black Fungus on the wall behind the desk graffitied on which caused chills to run down Ace's spine. How far had Black Fungus's influence had been and were they really that close to dominating the entirity of the Kanto region? Ace tried to cut these thoughts off in his head as a coping mechanism which was sometimes something he did when he said something 'edgy' to another person he believed was weaker than he. Ace took his tablet out and glanced at it: a small crack went down the middle of it, splitting the screen somewhat into two halves. He could still use the device but it seemed faulty. He noticed he had recieved zero notifications from his superior, the Inquisitor, not even one text.

Ace quickly exited the gatehouse as he came onto the road that was Route 8. In its hayday it had been a place where trainers, cyclists, thugs and gamblers went to practice and prepare for the hustle of the big cities, but it looked almost abandoned now especially considering it was nighttime. There was one or two men in costumes playing cards and rolling dice behind a bonfire right next to the gate and a group of cyclists packing their bikes away alongside the road. A number of tents were dotted towards the end of the Route where campers and trainers slept, a few being visible on some bedrolls. Much was silent though as Ace crept past most of these hazards.

Ace took out some equipment from his sachet and began to light a fire inside a large field of grass that was left unmarked by the tents and sleeping people. He first disturbed some nightime Pokemon as he bounded over the white fence that surrounded it, followed by a rustling sound as he landed on some sticks. He quickly made a makeshift camp with his fire burning brightly. He kept hearing strange noises coming from around him. It sounded like something was laughing at him. A face appeared from nothingness, its tongue sticking out. Ace jumped as it disappeared from plain sight. A few seconds later, a camper in green uniform dashed over to him.

"Hey! Could you keep it down!" The camper whispered yet it was loud as possible at that level.

"Yeah whatever."

"Also, you may want to get off this land...its not owned by the public anymore. Beyond these fences are owned by a wealthy magnate in Celadon City and..."

"I really don't care right now. If you want me to not make a noise, give me your tent. Please go away." As Ace cut him off the camper ran back down the road. He returned with a tent but greeted Ace again by swiftly telling him that it was his own fault if he got into trouble.

Ace was awoken by a noise hours later. He could hear the sounds that he heard before but could not see the face with the tongue. He heard rustling in the grass nearby, turned to one side and opened the tent just as a face appeared.

"There you are Ace! We've been looking all across this route for you!" It was Stanley who greeted him, much to Ace's discomfort.

"Shush. Why you little..." He stopped as he saw Stanley with several tents carried in his hands and Layla smiling up next to him.

"What are you doing with her?" Ace asked.

"She has to come, right? We all have to." Layla beamed harder when Stanley said this.

"Just...arg..." He sighed. "You aren't coming with me the whole way. I'll leave you at Lavender Town. Just this one night, okay?"

"Yes, anything you say. I just need to get out of here!"

"Also, it's Edgar. Call me Edgar from now on, now that we're travelling." This revelation that his name was not Ace also caught Stanley by suprise. He paused for a second before he went to set up camp for both him and Layla. He made sure the fires were taken out before the two of them were settled and the night passed there on Route 8 away from the horrors of the days before.

Aldon Larch, June 10, Friday - Union Cave, Johto​

~Aldon Charleton...~

"Yyyyyeaah... No... I'm not walking through the water. I got spare socks, but I wanna keep these ones dry if I can" Aldon said before releasing a third pokemon from its pokeball.

"Come on out, Wunder!!" Aldon said.

"Siiiiiiggiiiiiilyyyyyppphhhh" The sigilyph bellowed in a mechanical machine sounding voice.

"Can you please get me to the other side?" Aldon asked holding onto his flying pokemon. The psychic pokemon flapped its wings and crossed the water, "Come on back, Zippy" Aldon said returning his magnemite" Skol cheerfully followed up behind. Being a slowpoke, Skol enjoyed the water's embrace. A delighted Skol splashed in the water before making it to the other side.

Aldon stood on the other side.

"Made it, here we go!" Aldon said ready to resume looking for lapras.

$15,200
14x pokéballs
5x Super Potions
3x Full Heals
6x Oran berry,
C-Gear
Waterproof sleeping bag
Travel cooking supplies
Portable tent
Hiking and archeology tools
[/ISPOILER]

Saturday June 11- Route 8, Kanto. 'Ace the Mercenary'. Last Known rank 166.

As Ace awoke, he checked his tablet. No new notifications. Ace cursed under his breath. Had the Inquisitor abandoned him? If so, Ace thought, he'd have to find a new way to contact him, though these shennanigans with Stanley and Layla will distract him for now. He opened up his tent to find Stanley feeding some newly chopped down wood into the middle as the bonfire also reawoke with great passion.

"Morning." Stanley greeted Ace, smiling down at him.

Ace opened up some supplies and showed it to him. The two of them started to gather food from local sources, mainly berries growing on nearby trees. Layla joined them as they ate breakfast. The three of them took their Pokemon out to feed them.

"I hope this doesn't become a permenant thing." Ace commented.

Layla played with some of Ace's Pokemon. They were edgy and toughed up but eventually softened when Layla tried playing hide and seek with them, eventually rewarding them with extra food.

A dark energy surrounded Ace's recently acquired Pawniard. Shadows cut the air around it and it walked around as if it were ill. "Something's wrong?" Layla said as she approached it but it pushed her back.

Stanley looked at the Pawniard nervously. Ace examined it with more care than he had with his Pokemon most of the time. "Are you...okay?" He asked the blades Pokemon.

Suddenly, the shadowy energy exploded as it got bigger and bigger. Eventually a sphere of darkness surrounded Pawniard as Stanley, Ace and Layla went flying into a bush. They emerged to see that the shape of Pawniard had changed. It was now a small chaos black fox-like Pokemon with dark red stripes and an evil grin. It roared cutely as Ace almost had a stroke.

"What...is this?!" Ace looked like he was about to become furious.

"Your Pawniard...isn't a Pawniard?!" Stanley pretended to look suprised but Ace was red in the face with his hands clutched.

"You...You knew...didn't you?!"

"I..."

"That's not my Pawniard, that's a Zorua!!" Ace shouted. "A Zorua you guys were experimenting on!"

"We had some in the Unovan labs and we were testing to see..."

"I don't care!!!"

"They said to me to not let you have it, as one final punishment. I swear, I had no choice! They baited me into doing this!"

"I don't care!!!" Ace roared. He returned all his Pokemon, pulled down the tent and quickly put everything back. He then clutched his hands again and stormed off as speedy as a Rapidash.

"Ace...Edgar...wait!!!" Stanley exclaimed but Ace was silently ignoring him as he ran off. Layla looked like she had something to say but ended up bursting into tears when she saw Ace leave the two of them. Ace headed towards Lavender Town.

June 10th. Union Cave, 2nd Floor.

Although she had accepted her friend's hand to the dry safety atop of Reina's Tauros, King, Penny gave a bit of an indignant frown. At first she considered saying it, even, though the red-heads hot-head cooled enough for her to let it pass; but did people need their Pokemon to do everything for them? Bad enough everyone obsessed over using them as fighting machines already. She figured if she wanted to go on an adventure, she'd need to do far worse than get her socks and shoes wet. How many pairs did she carry on her anyhow, or keep at home just in case?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The poachers - though a bit annoyed not everyone in the group had chosen to cross over water - figured they had a better chance than ever. The orange-haired man poked his head over the boulder with a shit-eating grin plastered over his face, slinging the PokeBall like a catapult toward the edge of the water. The black-and-yellow electric-type popped out in a flash of red light.

"Electa!" the Electabuzz declared.

"Thundershock!" the orange-haired man commanded.

Not wanting to miss out on the fun, the scarred poacher rolled around the side of his cover, tossing a PokeBall near where the floating Aldon was landing. A massive Raticate with a matching scar emerged, its fur matted by dirt and muck, even missing in some patches. It snarled and chomped its buck-teeth, seemingly unafraid of Aldon's Sigilyph.

"Bite!" the scarred man shouted out.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

At first she'd thought she was dreaming, the PokeBall coursing through the air and plopping down on the side of the river like a falling star or something. But when it popped open in a violent, flashing beam of red, Penny realized it was far from a dream.

"Electa!" the menacing Electabuzz declared, matter-of-factly.

"Get out of the water!" Penny yelled. King had crossed close enough that she felt she could expedite the process.

Thrusting herself off of the Tauros's back, the red-headed teen reached out for the other side, climbing onto dry land just as the Electabuzz fired its directed jolt of electricity at the water between the crossing adventurers. Penny reached for Theseus's PokeBall.

Cobel Timpinia; Trainer Ranking—Unranked
June 10, Modern Day. Coumarine City Port, Kalos.

The private detective had returned to Henri Brignac's Slouching Pelipper bar—but this time he'd arrived via the rooftop of a parallel building; an old waterfront shop with a second-story apartment, the shop looked as though it had only seen ghosts for a dozen years, and the apartment was either a drug den of some sorts, or completely abandoned.

Cobel knew the sailors from the Ablestar were compulsive gamblers; he'd seen them playing cee-lo on the ship back in Johto, not to mention the fact they were in and out of Brignac's books, according to the bookie himself. If the Pelipper was the spot to place your bets, he felt safe betting it was the sailors' place to be.

It wasn't until night was falling, darkness overtaking the city of Coumarine, that Cobel's bets paid off; the Kalosian city seemed to come alive at night. With all its daily business on the docks and elsewhere done, bodies and bodies seemed to pile onto the waterfront in droves. And the Pelipper was the most hopping bar of them all. Sure enough, sailors from all sorts of ships sauntered through the saloon doors, ready for a drink or a game or a drinking game. Although all of them wore the same, basic uniform, Cobel had figured out that sailors from a certain ship rolled their sleeves a specific way, often pinning the symbol for the ship on either arm; for the Ablestar, they all rolled their sleeves high up the triceps, their symbol a nighttime star under the outline of a cargo freighter, as if the star were lifting it up like Sisyphus and his boulder.

As the night got quite rowdier, Cobel felt his patience pay off in spades; the alleyway dice games picked up close to ten—almost four hours into the detective's stake-out. He'd expected action on this side of the bar because the other side was a lot busier, with an employee's only door that filtered workers in and out for cigarette breaks or to take out trash and the like. If the sailors valued privacy, they had to use the other alley, which the detective figured would give him the best chance for a quick escape.

Though almost always sailors, some other Coumarinians passed through for a round or two, or more if they started out lucky. The sailors though, seemed to remain stagnant no matter how they rolled. In the dim light of the alleyway, Cobel peeked out to look for people from the Ablestar. One had seemed to start the game—at least his sleeves were rolled just-so, and his pin seemed the right symbol. But that one came and went with a swagger, sometimes with cronies, sometimes simply with friends who wanted a roll or two in the dice game.

Their conversations varied from hushed and rushed to loud and proud, crude shouts and roars of triumph or despair. Cobel seemed to always know how well a certain person was doing, even if he wasn't always certain who that person might be. He was almost shocked at the consistency of the dice game and its dedicated participants. In fact, it seemed to get stronger as the night grew darker; and he felt the same of Coumarine. He always felt hard-pressed, trying to find safety in a city that came alive at night. It took another two hours before Cobel made a move.

Around midnight, the high-rollers came to take a break; of the six people engaged in the game at the time, only one was not a sailor—and at least two of the people who were there were crewmen from the Ablestar. The group paused in the alley, sharing a conversation, although one of the five sailors quickly ushered off the last Kalosian back toward the bar, where the two disappeared together.

"Decent pool tonight." one of the sailors said.

"I did shit-all though, couldn't roll to save my life." another groaned.

"The fuck else is new?" the first sailor laughed. "You keep this shit up I'll definitely be able to pay off my mortgage."

"Damn, I was gonna buy a bike." the losing sailor sighed, wistful.

"One with a little bell attached to the front?" a third sailor laughed. "Maybe you should stick with a tricycle, yeh bastard."

"Aw shut up, man." the losing sailor hunched over in defeat.

"You grabbin' the pot?" the fourth sailor asked, counting another stack of bills in his hand as he did.

"Yeh yeh I got it." the third sailor offered.

"Half for Henri," the fourth said, like it needed saying. "We're lucky he lets us run this shit right out here."

"'Course," the first sailor replied, annoyed at the reminder. "'Course, half for Henri."

"What about your stack, boss?" the third sailor asked, indicating the bills in the fourth man's grip.

"This is goin' straight to Lumiose," the sailor leader said, waving it in triumph. "An' I promise you—I'm comin' back with quadruple."

"Aw, boss, you never win at that fuckin' thing..." the losing sailor groaned. His boss wheeled on him, reaching out with the same wad of bills to smack the man on the side of his head. "Aw c'mon, boss...I just mean—"

"Last time ain't this time, Rube'," the boss growled. "What, you fuckin' doubt me?"

"Naw, boss, nothin' like that..." the losing sailor - Ruben? - sighed.

"Take your cut and fuck off back to the ship then." the leader of the back-alley dice game said, turning his back toward the Coumarine street.

The three sailors that remained paused, looking at each other. Having collected the stash of bills on the ground, the third sailor set about counting it as quietly as he could, while the other two took to watching opposite ends of the alley—though they still stood together, almost back-to-back, trying to hover over the money counter.

Cobel pulled Bruce's PokeBall from out of his coat, consulting the fighting-type through the translucent glass of the capture capsule. While he held the device up to his face with his left hand, the detective used his right to signal the situation. Three fingers, then two pointing down, jabbing down with the two fingers, holding up one finger, spinning it around in a couple, lazy loops, thumb pointed at his chest: Three of them. Take two on the descent. Whirligig. Follow me.

He was jumping down a second later, both feet first, angled directly at the sailor on the left (the losing sailor,) while releasing Bruce from its PokeBall as he began his descent. As the capsule broke open with a metallic clang and a red light filled the alley, the sailors finally turned their attention to the duo dropping in on their game.

The private detective crashed both his feet into the sailor on the left's shoulder, sending the large man stumbling back and crashing into the money counter, both men thudding against the wall of Brignac's bar. Cobel could only hope the thumping noise inside the bar would mask that, or he had a lot less time on his hands than he'd wanted. He felt his back slam against the ground, a shock of pain passing through him even as he hopped back up to his feet.

Hitmonlee had dropped directly overhead the sailor on the right (the one with the mortgage,) kicking down faster than Cobel could ever hope to, extending its legs for a flurry of spring-loaded kicks that slammed onto the man's back, his right shoulder, then a couple times in his chest before Bruce landed gracefully on its feet, reached out with its right hand, grabbed the sailor by the back of his hair, and slammed his face into the ground with the brutal crunching of some kind of broken bone.

Dazed by the impact of the larger man slamming him into the wall, the third sailor still managed to get to his feet, not even bothering to reach for a PokeBall—instead rearing back one hand to throw a punch in the direction of his closest assaulter.

Cobel and Bruce both moved to either side of the sailor, leaning back on their heels as they spun into a synchronized roundhouse kick—the trainer with his right foot at the sailor's left side, the Pokemon with its left foot into the sailor's right. As their attack connected, they could see his eyes close as he lost consciousness before he even dropped to the ground, sliding down against the wall and finally onto his side.

The sailor who'd absorbed Cobel's first hit (and subsequently slamming into his friend against the wall) moved, half-heartedly trying to crawl away further down the alley. He seemed to gain bits of strength as he pulled himself away, but Cobel and Hitmonlee didn't let that go on for very long. The fighting-type picked the man up by his clothes and tossed him like a bag of garbage, letting him slam down against the ground again with a pained groan. Cobel scooped up the money partially scattered in the attack by the wounded counter. He didn't spare the time to count it himself, but it wasn't an amount to scoff at.

Still, paranoia clouded over him. He couldn't dally. Cobel crossed over to the sailor, who was now pinned to the ground under foot by a triumphant-looking Bruce.

"Good job, buddy." he said, giving Hitmonlee a congratulatory pat on the shoulder. Bruce seemed pleased.

"I don't have a lot of time to make your acquaintance," Cobel said, his voice turning cold as he stooped down to look the frightened and injured sailor in the eye. "What's on your ship?

"...l-lotta stuff, we're a c-cargo freight—Agh!" the sailor's confidence drained when Bruce put pressure on his chest with a heavy foot. "I-I donno it's computer parts or some shit. I-I don't fuck with it, I just play d-dice!"

"Where is it?"

"The cargo hold, t-the fuck y-you think—goddamn!" Hitmonlee pressed harder. Cobel figured ribs that hadn't already cracked were well on their way. "I-I'm serious!...but it's h-hidden, I don't...I don't know!

"How many of you are on the ship right now?" he asked, taking that for as closest to sincerity as a tortured man can get. "How many are in on it?"

"W-we're here for a c-couple days?" he sounded unsure, but like he was wracking his brain. Cobel gave Bruce the cue to ease up a bit, let the man breathe. "Maybe half-a-dozen? N-no more'n t-ten of 'em. We ain't a-all in on it but we r-roll togeth—shitshitagh!"

His confidence drained again as Hitmonlee squeezed a bit harder, shifting its foot further up toward the man's chest.

"What's in Lumiose?"

"More bets," the man seemed to grin at Cobel, at the thought of putting money down on something. "F-fights. S-sometimes...jobs..."

Cobel pulled the money he'd scooped up from the sailors' dice game, cutting the stack itself in half, still without really bothering to count it. The private detective slipped the cash into the man's front pocket, and with his free hand gave a similar pat to the one he'd offered Hitmonlee—except on the man's cheek, like a proud father might.

"Now you can tell your buddies what really happened, but I don't know how much they'll care to believe the person carrying half the score and a grudge in their pocket," he said with a friendly smile. "Or, you can put it toward that bike. Shit, a stolen score doesn't have to go to Henri after all—promise."

He returned Hitmonlee to its PokeBall, unbending his legs to stand his full height over the injured, intimidated sailor.

"Toodle-oo!" Cobel said with a grin, disappearing into the alley.

"What the hell's going on out here!?" he could hear bar bouncers finally making their way out, toward the alley, but the private detective had planned his exit route accordingly.

The sailors used the alley opposite to the bar's employee entrance to maintain privacy, meaning that Cobel could exit through the other side of the alley and out onto the street on the opposite end of the block from the Slouching Pelipper, all while anybody who caught on inside would have to either pass through a sea of bodies toward the entrance, or head out the employee's only door, loop around one alley out front and into the other. And their game had been held deep enough into the alley that only the people passing by on the street who would see were the really curious ones. Most people, it turned out, had a tendency to turn a blind eye to anything that might get them wrapped up in serious trouble—even if there stood a chance they could help prevent it. People loved to keep their hands and noses clean.

Slipping away out of the alley and into a passing hoard of pedestrians, Cobel followed their wave onto the next group of people, zig-zagging blocks away in a random pattern, trying to keep his eyes trained for any unwanted attention. When he figured he was safe, Cobel adjusted his route, and headed straight back toward the docks—it was now or ever to try his luck on the Ablestar.

June 10. Grey Gant's House, near Coumarine City, Kalos

"AH C'MON MAN—" Grey cried out.

Drywall and stone shattered into dust and rubble as shotgun shells shattered the innocent archway into Grey Gant's living room. Along with that, the blast from the shotgun had torn off a chunk of the ex-Trainer's left foot—his heel now a shredded, red mess of flesh that Grey could only drag behind him in a shattering howl of pain. Vamon could only pull his old friend by the collar of the wounded man's tattered bathrobe, tugging at a PokeBall on his hip as he did.

"GAH FUCK—" Grey screamed, wincing as he tried to hold his bleeding heel with both hands. "—they shot me, those fucking dicks shot my fucking foot off, Quint!"

"Excadrill, Rock Slide!" he commanded. The excitable mole popped happily out of his capsule and went to work, using the very archway that had absorbed the shotgun shells - and a chunk of the ceiling - to cave in that route toward the two men.

"My house!" Grey shouted in despair, ignoring the fact he'd been shot for a moment.

Vamon could hear their attackers curse as the room was closed off from them while they rushed down the stairs to finish the job.

"Where's the exit—" Quint asked in a hurry.

"—my foot is fucking gone!—"

"—Grey god dammit where is the exit to your stupid house!?" Vamon shouted. "I can teleport us outta here but we need to be outside."

The ex-Trainer held a shaking hand out the other side of the room, saying, "K-kitchen, under the staircase up, there's a b-back door."

"Can they go that way too?" he asked. Grey nodded. "Do they know that?"

Grey shrugged, and Vamon cursed. He took an unbloodied section of Grey's bathrobe, ripped it in one swift motion, and tied it tightly around the bleeding ankle.

"Best I can do right now," he said, weakly. He grabbed at two more PokeBalls, releasing Alakazam and his trusty Zangoose. "Ex, Zam, Zan, you three up front—they should have the jump, so always protect, then hit them quick and hard after. I'm going to carry Grey with me."

With four heads nodding back, Vamon slung his old friend's arm around his shoulder and lifted up, Grey trying to support himself on a single foot.

Excadrill, Alakazam and Zangoose pushed forward out of the living room, the next being a tiled floor with a staircase leading up to the next floor (although without a balcony looking over the first), a door on the left and the door straight ahead leading into the kitchen. Forming a tight triangle, Ex took the left door, Zan took the kitchen door, and Zam had his eyes on the the staircase.

Sure enough, an aggressor unseen previously came into view overhead, taking a step onto the staircase and moving to aim a pistol. But Alakazam reached out with both hands, his spoons pulsating telekinetic energy before the man could get his eye down the sights. The gun metal shrieked as the barrel twisted off to the right and then broke into two, all while the man himself was lifted off his feet and tossed down the stairs with a definitive thud.

Excadrill, its eyes on the left door, heard the knob as it twisted; one of the shotgun men from before opened the door just slightly, poking the barrel of his shotgun through, pulling the trigger with reckless abandon. But Ex had done as Vamon said, throwing up a protective barrier as the slug slammed into the shield where his head would have been, absorbing the brunt of the blast, pushed back a bit by its force. Without wasting a second, Ex charged forward with its head held low. The mole Pokemon's body caught speed fast as it tucked into a spin, pulling its legs off the ground as its drill charged forward, splintering the door into a million pieces, Excadrill's head slamming directly into the gunman's chest with a shhnk and the sound of pierced flesh.

While Vamon and the limping Grey followed behind Zangoose and Alakazam, pushing forward into the kitchen, Ex took the initiative and kept moving through on the other side. Having caught the shooters off-guard with his drill charge, Vamon could hear the sound of Ex's claws as it sliced through metal and skin alike.

There were five men in the kitchen when they opened the door, but Excadrill had entered on the other side at the same time, drawing plenty of attention in its own right. A pair of shotguns opened fire, but Zan and Zam protected as Quint had said, the two humans ducking safely behind the defensive wall. When Vamon Quint looked up, he saw his three in action—

Zangoose had leapt up onto a counter to meet a man eye-to-eye, slashing all four of its sharpened claws across his face with a ruthless, double backhand swipe. Without wasting a second, Zan was jumping onto the back of a thug aiming a pistol at Excadrill, while Ex slashed through the barrel of a glock and slammed its right arm into the side of the man's stomach with a gross squelch. Alakazam took the last two men (one being a shotgun wielder from earlier, another holding a revolver) and turned them toward each other.

"Nonononononono—" they cried out in unison.

BLAM—
BOOM—

Flesh shredded apart in a rain of blood and dropping bodies, the revolver-wielder taking a shotgun slug to the chest and the shotgun man taking a bullet, though only to his right shoulder.

"Jesus christ!" he yelled out in pain, his joining the cacophony of the other (surviving) attackers.

"Are you allowed to do that!?" Grey asked as Vamon dragged him desperately outside and away from the action.

"Typically when people shoot at you in an assassination attempt." he shot back, even as he gave Alakazam the signal to Teleport them the hell out of there.

Saturday June 11- Route 8, Kanto. 'Ace the Mercenary'. Last Known rank 166.

As Ace ran off, shadowy black clouds filled the sky in great unison. It began to rain and, in the distance, was the crackle of thunder as lightning struck a hill. The noise caused many people and Pokemon alike who were just waking up to scramble towards Lavender Town. Stanley looked across the road to see the Zorua making mischief as shadows emerged out of it. Lines of pure darkness randomly flew out of all parts of the fox Pokemon's body and a force field like sphere covered him. The shadowy lines struck nearby trees, cutting them off from the ground completely, and bushes and flowers alike went flying into the air. The sphere became like an anti-gravity chamber, pulling random objects off the ground. They were then consumed as they flew into the sphere and Zorua's power was bolstered. Stanley fell to the floor as he saw a tent full of campers fly into the void above him as Zorua hovered in the air. He looked around, searching hopelessly for Layla.

"Layla...girl...where are you?!" He asked to find noone near him. He saw rocks and trees fly into the black hole nearby. "What is going on here? What madness is this?!"

A young man was clutching desperately to a tree. When the tree pulled off from the ground and went towards the darkness of Zorua, he flew up, but managed to clutch onto a nearby bush then push himself onto part of the fence next to Stanley. "This thing...is it your doing?" He asked as he spotted Stanley.

"Um...I guess so..."

"That's no ordinary Pokemon." He said as Stanley nodded. "It's got to have been experimented on to have that power!"

Stanley took a step forwards towards Zorua. "Zorua." He said. "Zorua!!" He exclaimed. Inside the ball of blackness, Zorua looked as some of the spirits flying out from him quelled. Then Zorua's eyes burned a bright red as it had the opposite effect. The darkness around him grew bigger. Pieces of the land flew upwards. The man next to Stanley flew into the black hole.

Then, out of nowhere, came a large pink mass, who was seldom only effected a little by the great force pulling her towards Zorua. She stomped and stomped closer towards him then extended her body out as the pink goo surrounded Zorua in a sea of pink that covered the battered road. The creature hugged Zorua as an explosion sounded off. Stanley was knocked out.

Stanley awoke to see the Zorua badly injured on the ground with the void of darkness long gone. Route 8 was a vision of its former self as people from Lavender Town and Saffron City alike were searching through the large pieces of rubble for survivors. They found many campers, cylists and trainers, as well as a few gamblers. The group disappated as a handful of police officer dashed over to Stanley's location, accompanied by a man in a white labcoat and glasses, clearly a scientist. The police officers helped Stanley up. Layla stood in the middle of them, as a girl, and waved to him.

"There he is." She said.

"Thanks."

"Is that your Pokemon?!" One tough looking police officer pointed towards the Zorua.

"Um...yes, i'm sorry, he got out of control didn't he?"

"Well, none of us have seen anything quite like it. It created some sort of void before tearing apart the landscape and injuring many people. You do know what you've caused, right?!" The police officer attacked him.

"I didn't mean to...he wasn't even mine, I swear! I was looking after him for someone and-"

The scientist stood next to the Zorua. He produced a large white piece of equipment with a scanner attached to it as a needle appeared on the end. He stuck it into Zorua's weak body and produced loud ringing readings. "Interesting." The scientist commented. "This Pokemon is no ordinary Pokemon. It has been experimented on in some way and been injected with...or more accurately, its DNA has been tampered with. Someone created this in a lab!" He turned towards Stanley.

"I swear, I don't know who did this! I was given this by another person..."

"Who, exactly?" Another police officer butted in.

"Er...Um..." Stanley stumbled for words. "Ace! His name was Ace!" Layla walked back a little hearing those words but said nothing.

"Ace?" One police officer thought he heard the name before. "Which way did he go?"

"I last saw him in Saffron City. One of the buildings next to the Grand Ditto Hotel."

With that, the police officers thanked him before deciding to run in a straight line towards Saffron in the west. "Keep this guy here. We need to study him." The scientist said but did nothing to stop Stanley as he followed the police officers.

June 10, Friday - Union Cave, Johto. Reina, current rank, 49,425.

Reina tried to follow her friends suggestion, but she was a second to late. One step was all she needed but the electricity traveled through her body. She gritted her teeth trying to stay on her feet as the violent shock brought her to her knees. At the same time, King waited for the attack to finish, tanking the thundershock that sparked that rage only known to his species.

With Diva hanging on for her life, King charged towards the Electabuzz, trying out his new move, Headbutt. With Diva still conscious, the Tauros felt invincible, not looking to stop until he smashed that Electabuzz against a wall or boulder.

Aldon got off his sigilyph, Wunder safely on the other side. Skol by his side still when some assailants led an unprovoked attack on them. An electrebuzz and a ratticate. Though Aldon had to focus on dealing with the ratticate. Reina could deal with the electrebuzz.

"Use air cutter to stop the ratticate in its tracks!" Aldon said. Aldon still had Skol on the side if he needed a second pokemon for support.

"What's the deal?? Who are you guys, and what in arceus are you doing this for?!" Aldon said confused wondering why the attackers started a fight.

"Let's try steer clear of the water!" Aldon said.

Saturday June 11- Lavender Town, Kanto. 'Ace the Mercenary'. Last Known rank 166.

Ace spotted some black clouds in the sky and the thunderous weather and dashed ahead. He entered a newly built gateway. There, a billboard broadcasted the news of what was going on. By the time he entered Lavender Town, there was a buzz about what had happened. Eyewitnesses told stories about seeing the dark sphere in the sky. But by the time that these stories were being told in the dozen to Ace, he bore witness to something that was much more notable to him, the tower which people in this place seemed to ignore like it was a local structure. This was the Radio Tower, formerly known as the Pokemon Tower. Ace was suprised to learn that it was not haunted by ghost Pokemon anymore and was now the home of commercial radio.

Ace heard a ringing come from his tablet and opened it up. "Ace, Ace! I've been trying to contact you for a day now!" It was the Inquisitor. "You somehow cut off when you entered the Black Fungus headquarters and now..."

"It's...been taken care of." Ace responded.

"Has it? I've heard reports of a Zorua going off the loose on Route 8."

"Can we...talk about this somewhere else? I'm kind of in the middle of Lavender Town here."

"You can go to the local Pokemon Center, to a suitable place on the top floor."

"Yes, i'll do that." And so he did. He entered the Pokemon Centre without much trouble and found a suitable place to talk on the top floor. "I guess i'll have to pay for a hotel here too..."

Elsewhere, Layla and Stanley were on the move again. They packed all their things and begun searching for Ace. They couldn't find him on route 8, so they entered Lavender Town and begun searching. However, it had soon reached past midday at this point, so they decided to get lunch at a newly setup cafe. The cafe had all the markings of someone who was trying to get money off of tourism due to interest in the local ghost lore but the sight of the radio tower had desturbed any hope for this buisness as it was said to 'no longer be haunted'.

Ace looked outside a window. Already, darkness was decending on the town. It would be many hours before the other two would find him, but not for now. He had to get out of this somehow, and he was almost ready to press the button on his operations with the Inquisitor entirely.

Ezio Farello, June 10th, Oblivia Ruins, Sophian Island, Oblivia Region
Ezio had traversed into the deepest parts of the Oblivia Ruins, observing the murals. On the far left, there were a lot of people wearing the same armor as he found facing.....Entei? With someone riding on its back? Ezio rubbed his eyes, surely that was not what he was seeing. Yet no matter what he did, there it was, clear as day. Entei, with two Pokémon above it. If Entei was depicted, perhaps these were different Legendary Pokémon. He couldn't quite place them, most of the Legendary Pokémon had some place of worship attached to them. These two, a blue bird-like Pokémon and a red one, were lost to him. He'd have to do some research on them.

The second mural depicted the Sky Fortress responsible for the decimation of Dolce Island causing disaster. It was a sad fact that this thing was real, but did that mean that Entei truly resided in Oblivia? And if it did, did that mean Suicune truly was responsible for the rain in the Canal Ruins? Then surely Raikou had to be somewhere too, but where would it be? Ezio pinched his arm to check if he was dreaming, but he wasn't. Still, maybe it was some other Pokémon that caused and someone just thought Suicune lived in the Canal Ruins? But what was that monument at the bottom of the underwater area? He needed to get that translated as soon as possible.

The third mural depicted the Sky Fortress falling down, with a platform to the right that shot out a rainbow. That would have to be the Rainbow Dais that was used to defeat the ruler of the Sky Fortress, if Leanne's words were to be trusted. There was a weird line between truth and fiction with these murals, surely they could not all be true, right?

The last mural depicted four people and three birds, which Ezio actually recognized this time as Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. They were flying up, but why? Did the people scare them off? What reason did they have to do that? Did it have something to do with the pattern on the floor with a blue, red and yellow light? What was the purpose behind that? And more confusing, why was there a table in the backroom? Complete with tea cups and tea kettle! Grabbing his notepad, the man wrote down his thoughts before he forgot them.

"The Oblivia Ruins are a true enigma. There are different rooms with clearly different purposes, from a mine to a mural room. There are strange sets of armor lining the walls that have the ability to control Pokémon. How far can this ability go? What are its limits? What are its drawbacks? Was this the way ancient Oblivians communicated with Pokémon? Does that explain the living Fossil Pokémon roaming the halls? What revived them? Why are they here? They are hostile, so it is recommended to avoid them. The murals depict past events, including the Sky Fortress and multiple legendary Pokémon. How much of it is true, how much of it is fabricated?

There are so many questions that I want to have answered, but there is no one left alive to answer them. This is truly what makes archeology so interesting, all these unsolved puzzles that have lost their answers so long ago. I truly feel like this is my purpose in life. Pokémon battles are fun, but nothing beats the thrill I experience in this place. Once I leave this place, I shall leave for Renbow Island and talk about my findings with Leanne. She still owes me a meeting after I beat her in a trivia quiz.

As Ezio backtracked through the ruins, avoiding the Armaldo, Anorith and Kabuto which were way too eager to take a slice at him, he ran into the same Lucario again. Rolling his eyes, the man put on the armor he carried around and once again tried to subdue the Lucario. However, the knowledge on the power of the armor made him less afraid of Lucario and therefore less respectful. Instead of the desired outcome of a subdued Lucario and a safe trek to the outside, the Lucario got agitated and fired off an Aura Sphere, blasting the man through the row of suits of armor and the wall behind it. With the armor he was wearing destroyed, he used what little power he had to release a Pokémon.

Intense heat spread across the room, causing the nearby water to boil and steam to rise up as the Pokéball got engulfed in a pillar of flame. The pillar swayed like a tornado before it dispersed, revealing an incredibly pissed off Erebus. Roaring at the Lucario as she began to glow bright orange, the temperature increased even further as Ezio was also suffering from the intense heat. The flames on Erebus' neck flared up as she fell down onto four feet, causing a wave of fire to spread across the floor as it engulfed the Lucario, knocking it out in one hit as the water amidst the room was evaporated.

Ezio let out a sigh of relief as the temperature dropped and Erebus started to emit smoke. The duo sat in silence for a while before Erebus finally was able to move again after the Blast Burn, nuzzling against Ezio's chest whilst a brown set of armor sat upon a pedestal next to Ezio.

Last edited:
Saturday June 11- Lavender Town, Kanto. 'Ace the Mercenary'. Last Known rank 166.

Ace sat at a small round table on the third floor, the top floor of the Pokemon Center. He didn't know that Pokemon Centers had so many floors. He had a coffee cup rest on the table with his tablet displaying the Inquisitor's interested face, or his mask to be more accurate. Ace tried to hide himself from those around him. The table he had picked was in a very difficult place to find and away from most of the people who were on the first floor. The two of them spoke quietly to each other to avoid attention.

"So you took out Black Fungus?" The Inquisitor asked.

"More or less...I took out their commander, Arnold. I met Angus, but I never faced off against him in the end..."

"That is commendable. I will send more agents in and more of our men to seize the property. The rest of them don't stand a chance." The Inquisitor smiled. "To think, I nearly doubted you for a second there when you cut off during your entry at the lift..."

Ace frowned. "How did you know..."

"I have sent many agents to Saffron City. Our friends are in high and low places. They are everywhere."

"I won't question that, but who are 'they'?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out..." The Inquisitor gave an evil grin.

"There's something else you should know. I've met a couple of people who took an interest in me and wanted to travel with me for some reason. I tried to shake them off but they're looking for me now."

"What?! On no account are you to take any 'friends' in. They will only hinder your operations!"

"You think they're my friends? They broke me out when I was imprisoned! They stalked me...they..."

"No doubt they are interested in you and saved your life. I've had reports about those who I believe may be them. I'll deal with them."

"Leave them out of this."

Ace's head turned when he saw the ghostly face once again right across the room. It stuck its tongue out at him before vanishing through the enterence to the men's bathroom. Ace glanced at his tablet. "Hang on a minute, i'm going to the bathroom." He entered the dimly lit room deciding to finally chase down this being.

The Gengar Gourmet was a newly established cafe in Lavender Town popular because it played on the myths of Lavender Town, namely the ghost Pokemon that formerly inhabited Pokemon tower, now known as the Radio Tower. The Radio Tower, despite its large number of listenings towards its channels and broadcast programmes heard throughout Kanto, had become unpopular with the locals due to the fact it tried to erase the history of the town. This greviance was heard by Stanley and Layla as they ate in the outside area of the cafe. They heard gossip from across other tables which entered their conversation. With the images of a giant Gengar and several other ghost types such as Pumpkaboo, the cafe was very authentic. The style of cafe was inspired by Kalos, which was said to have been because the founder was a native of that land. It was said that the person who set up the cafe was a Ghost type specialist who was training to become a gym leader. The waiters frequented conversation with Stanley when they revealed the specialist had trained with the likes of Fantina, the Ghost type gym leader from Sinnoh and was born in Kalos, hence the inspiration. He had finally moved to Lavender Town to seek out the myths for himself and was disappointed when he found that even the works of the local Pokemon carer, Mr Fuji, had been forgotten about due to the 'new' and 'cool' radio tower that was built disrespectfully over the burial site of dead people and Pokemon, though the graves had been moved to a new location. This peaked Stanley's interest, as he and Angus's father had been buried in the Pokemon Tower a long time ago. Stanley developed plans to visit the grave which was now in a new location.

Layla on the other hand, was not so pleased with this conversation and lost interest quickly. She started playing around and pulling faces at something. When the waiters were gone or were inside serving someone else, Stanley looked down below the table.

"What are you guys doin-" He was interrupted when he saw Layla laughing underneath the table playing peekaboo with the Zorua from earlier. The Zorua was enjoying Layla's company and the Ditto girl even hugged the Pokemon once. They let go when they saw Stanley.

"So you decided to follow us?" Stanley whispered to the Zorua.

With that, the Zorua's whole body jumped. He then bit Stanley's leg. "Ouch!" Stanley jumped. He looked down and the Zorua was not there anymore.

"Is there anything wrong?" One of the waiters asked approaching the table.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm just finishing up their orders." Another waiter said, stepping out of the shadows. He had a white apron and a black tuxedo that were identical to the other waiter, but his body oozed a certain darkness, a black and purple colour.

With that, the first waiter darted off. When the coast was clear, the mysterious waiter approached Stanley, winked at him, before transforming in a flash of light. He became a Zorua again and Layla smiled as he hid underneath the table again.

"You want to stay with us!" Layla said excitedly. "You'll be my best friend!" She gave him a wide smile, looking up at Stanley as Stanley facepalmed.

"Oh well." Stanley sighed. "We should be getting out of here soon. I hope we can find Ace soon. I heard there are multiple incidents blocking the enterences and exits..." He eyed three men in wooly hats with goggles in the distance, towards the southern exit to the town. There, each of them were accompanied by a large, almost metallic looking, bird Pokemon. Stanley had never seen these men before but he had heard a deal about them. These were the Covinknight driven 'Flying Taxis' that came from Galar, bringing tourists and the like to and from the area. This, Stanley thought, may be his and Ace's way out of the Kanto region, a region which had brought great strain to the two of them.

Suddenly, an announcement was heard from the speakers hanging up inside the Gengar Gourmet. "Police are currently looking for a Zorua, a black fox-like Pokemon. It has gone through great experimentation and is not native to this region, coming from Unova. It has been known for destroying large parts of routes, such as route 8 and endangering innocent people's lives. If anyone has ANY information, please contact your local officer!" Stanley looked at Layla. He looked around and the Zorua was gone again. It had now transformed into a small creepy-looking boy that was just taller than Layla. With one look, the three of them took off from the cafe. The waiters, who came with the founder of the cafe next to him to greet the newcomers were suprised when they found empty chairs and tables where they had been.

The thunder-like sound of boots signalled the arrival of the police force, who had found the Zorua missing from route 8. They entered Lavender Town and began searching again, They changed their strategy when they realised someone with the Pokemon could be leaving the town. They blocked the exits to every route, standing firm in a line on each side, lying to strangers coming by and making excuses. Large groups of trainers hurried towards the Flying Taxis, filling one of them completely. The cabman signalled to his Corvinknight which took off with great flight and was never seen again. When Stanley and the other two arrived at the docking area, they found this taxi flying up into the air. They turned to another one.

"Sorry, we're full. Full of bookings, mate," one of the men in front of the Flying Taxis said.

"One of you lot are already gone." Stanley replied. "We couldn't squeeze in on yours could we?"

"I'm afraid its a no from me. I've got a LOT of confirmed bookings. I haven't got any time to wait! Check my mate over there." He pointed to the cabman in the middle, who seemed unpopular compared to the other two.

They approached him. He seemed shabbier and more of a mess. He didn't have near as many people in the cab as the other two. "Alright? Not many people in this one. Of course we can take yer." He smiled.

"What about Ace?" Stanley thought. "Sir."

"It's Clyde. Call me Clyde."

"Clyde. Could you please make a booking for all of us. There's one more we'd like, he's not here yet. His name..."

"What is his name?"

"Er...Edgar."

"Edgar. Got it."

"You can wait for him too?"

"Uh, of course! I've got some errands to run myself so these guys already in here can wait." As he pointed he looked inside and there really wasn't anyone inside for some reason. He started laughing. "I swear, i'm legit. Trust me. I will wait for him."

"We have to go find him, he's lost you see.

"Ah, yes. Yer can count on me! Good luck!"

National Park, Johto

As Desmond listened to Emma upon his arrival he was greeted with an apology as she outlined the vandalism that she pinned on that "villain" he had battled earlier which caused the photographer to raise a slight eyebrow.

"You sure that guy did this? I have to say given my encounter with him, doesn't seem like the type to do that. He's all up on himself about what a villain he is but he seems to have great compassion for Pokemon that are not even his...more so than their own trainers..." Desmond explained, the last part with a sigh as he seemed a little hard from his hesitancy nearly having nearly put his Politoed in peril.

Politoed patted his back as if to assure him it had been okay before it hopped over and offered to help least wash away the spray paint.

"Oh uh sure, I suppose." Desmond said to Emma as he'd rather not get tangled up in this little crime drama but he figured it was in his civic duty or something to that effect.

Emma got to work on cleaning up the Fountain with the Help of Sliggoo, as Cinderace was keeping flying and electric types off of the fountain. At that point the park Director had arrived, with an Ursaring.

"Hello Director, I am Emma, the one who made the call, unfortunately, the Suspected Vandal got away, but Desmond here got a good view of them."

The director got a notepad ready, "I'll need full first and Last names from both of you."

"My full name is Emmaline, My last name is one that would attract the Paparazzi, and I'm trying to keep out of the public eye right now."

"Can I get a last name from you, even though I understand, I still need it to help the police."

Emma whispered into the Director's ear, "Argentston."

"As in Firey Argentston?"

"That's my dad, he's in Galar at the moment."

"I had actually helped with your parents' honeymoon." The director whispered, then turned to Desmond.

Ursaring had been checking the trees to make sure they weren't messed with, alongside Cinderace. Emma then got back to what she was doing as the Director wrote his notes, waiting for Desmond.

Ace chased the floating face into the bathroom. The lights flickered as he entered. The cubicles seemed battered and worn down. It was as if the room had been decomissioned. The paint on parts of the walls had faded and some parts torn off. Two of the three sinks had crumbled down onto the floor. The one remaining sink had a mirror with a large crack into the middle going up through the wall and up into the ceiling. The room stank. Water dripped from one corner of the ceiling as Ace realised a large part of it was damp. Ace searched each of the toilet cubicles and only found a large amount of toilet paper in each on the floor. The middle cubicle had its lock completely broken when Ace checked. The final cubicle in the corner was budged tight. The light at the top of the ceiling had been stripped bare and flickered as it made a robotic droning sound. It flickered a lot more when Ace approached the final cubicle. Ace took a deep breath and pushed the cubicle open. He entered it, not seeing much. The cubicle door then suddenly closed tight behind him and then the face emerged from the toilet. Ace jumped as the Pokemon smiled at him in all its glory: a purple ball of gas with ghostly energy appearing around it. It opened its mouth wide and a large tongue appeared. It pushed Ace towards the door, which he could now somehow not get through.

Stanley, Layla and the newly illusion-transformed Zorua approached the House of Memories, the apparent place where most of the graves and remains from the old Pokemon Tower had been moved. The Zorua boy and Layla played for some time before Stanley tried to call upon them. "You two, Zor-"

"He says he his name is Jacob!" Layla yelled excitedly.

"Jacob eh? Not a bad name. Quite nice. I like it." Stanley replied. The Zorua boy approached him and winked at him.

The group of them entered the House of Memories and found a number of people leaving in a hurry. An old man with a bald head and incredibly wrinkly face stood at the opposite end beside a plethora of different types of graves. He was mourning over the loss of many Pokemon, mainly his own. He had a number of Pokemon standing beside him, his current generation of Pokemon. Stanley approached him, holding the hands of the two seemingly younger people.

"Ah, hello there." The old man said, giving a smile to Stanley.

"Hey." Stanley responded. After a few awkward minutes he started talking again. "Who's this you're looking at?"

"Oh, just a fallen Marowak..." The man said.

"A Marowak?! I've heard the stories of the Pokemon Tower, are you-"

"Yes, I'm Mr. Fuji." He quickly interjected.

"Mr.Fuji? I'm a big fan of your work!" As he said this, Fuji smiled.

"And why might you be here?"

"We were looking for a man. He's kind of edgy..."

"Well, we don't have any man of that description here. Maybe he's burried somewhere else."

"No no. I'm not looking for a dead person, i'm looking for someone who's alive, who's missing."

"What was his name?"

"Ace."

"Ace? He was here a while ago. He said he was trying to find a place to talk to someone in quiet. He ended up going in the direction of the radio tower."

"Oh really? Thank you Mr.Fuji!" As he turned to leave, he spotted a large rectangular grave. On it he saw a name he recognized and stopped to examine it.

Colored
June 10, Union Cave

A brief period of blankness had almost left Colored in a very tight spot, but she had snapped out of it and was able to safely leap off of her Vaporeon carriage and get ashore before returning Drip to his Pokéball. While her Vaporeon was mildly shocked, it was far better than what would have happened if he remained in the water.

“Okay, that’s probably not natural. Ni, you be yourself now.”

On the verbal cue he received, Nino had sprang out from his own Pokéball (I think he was in there?) with a highly defensive look in his eyes. Battling wasn’t quite his strong sport, so Dawn had leapt down from Colored’s head to show she was ready to lend a hand as well. The trainer smiled somewhat nervously, but was ready to fight regardless.