• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Colored
Route 32, June 10

Although not being in a talkative mood at first, she was quick to notice an apology when it came to bringing up forgetting about Drip.

“Hm? Oh, yeah, no harm done. Drip’s a bit of an attention seeker anyway, so not being noticed must have ticked him off.”

While talking, she had found an available PC and had searched up the trade forum she had apparently gotten her Cincinno from and was able to find it very quickly.

It was just as she didn’t recall it. Same tabs, same design, same everything really. Except with something that seemed fairly new. A tab titled ‘Gifts’

That caught Colored’s interest, so she had clicked on it and found it void minus one Pokemon visible. One that caught her eye rather fast, due to how it looked in particular.

On clicking on it for a bit more information, it turned out this Pokémon was originally from another Trainer’s mother who had recently retired from battling. And whoever this was didn’t feel up to raising the Pokémon themself, so they had put it up here for free. That, and it was called Pretzel for some reason.

And it honestly gave Colored a bit of a drive to accept this offer, as she had done a few more clicks before a Pokéball had materialised next to her.

“Huh, that was easy. Let’s just check what the moves are on this thing…”

Nuzzle, Fell Stinger, Charge and Spark. Could use a little bit of improvement, but not horrendous. So standing up from the PC, Colored had crouched down and opened up the Great Ball which had materialised into a small, grey and round Pokemon with a lightning like tail and two ears poking up from the top of its round body.

A Togedemaru, if you would.

“It was good you could find a new partner in me, bud. I’m sure your old one was great.”

“Ma…”

The Pokémon had simply returned to its ball shyly. Not in a way that was scared of Colored, but just a bit of a worried return in general. But she had smiled quietly, hoping the pair would at least get along eventually.

“Makes me see why I used this for Puffy… oh?”

A new thing had caught her attention, being a discussion of phone numbers. She was rather content to go over and provide her own number, plus an actual introduction even if brief and a bit anxious.

“So, uh… may as well say who I am properly and stuff. Just call me Colored, gonna try and do a mix of battles and Contest stuff I suppose. I’m aware they’re in places like Hoenn and Sinnoh, I just wanna get my bearings first.”

June 10, Friday - Route 32, Johto. Reina, current rank, 49,425.

"Time to get going." Reina returned her newly caught Lapras back into her Moon Ball. "We got a long route to go through, according to the guide there's a nice fishing spot around here."

Reina waved at Aldon and Skol before entering the Pokemon Center once more. She picked up her fully healed Pokemon, made sure they were all in her bag and adjusted her hair, before walking over to her friend deep in thought, Penny.

"Hey there! So I got us in the middle of nowhere huh?" Reina laughed, trying to hide her embarrassment. "I was thinking, I got plenty left in the tank so I'm going to keep going." She looked towards Colored. "You guys can stay here, It's gonna be dark soon and the cave was probably too much. You both got my number, we can meet up later okay? I'm heading to Violet City, but I plan on training Lapras on the way, so might spend quite some time on this route, maybe two days, three." She stretched her arms towards the ceiling and let out a satisfied sigh. "Anyways, I better get going, wanna get as much light as possible for the road. See you guys! Watch me when I reach the Pokemon League!"

Reina waved goodbye as she jogged to wards the door to the Pokemon Center, outside she gave Aldon and Skol another wave before making her way up Route 32. The long road between the forest gave off a peaceful aura, mixing with the cloudy sky and pine scent around them. Diva was happier than ever, once again being the only companion to her trainer. Reina on the other hand felt a bit bad for leaving so suddenly, but with what Penny had gone through the last two days, she felt her friend needed a rest. Aldon and Colored seemed great, but they would distract her from her training, which was her top priority at the moment. Besides, she had their number, she would meet up with them again to go on another whacky adventure.

"I hope Chente is okay, it's his first time in the PC. But I can't really use him against a flying type gym leader, I'm sure he understands." She looked down at the joyful Clefairy, who was skipping around, always getting more active the closer they were towards the night.

After a few minutes of walking and taking in the scenery, Reina noticed a group of people up ahead. There was a girl with long black hair and a tanned skin, wearing a white shirt and a blue skirt and sitting on a big boulder. Leaning against one of the boulders was a boy, also wearing a white dress shirt and pants of the same blue, with half his hair covering his left eye while he shuffled some cards in his hands. The third one was a boy with red spikey hair, wearing the same outfit as the edgy looking and staring at Reina with a big confident smirk.

"Hey! You a trainer right?" The red head waved at Reina.

"I am." Reina replied as she got closer to the group. "My name's Reina."

"Oh good, I'm Scotty 2 Hotty, this is Queen Bee and Ultimate Sacrifice to Eternal Darkness, but we call him Usted."

Reina tried to hold in her laughter after hearing the names of the teenagers. "Nice to meet you all." She said, her cheeks turning red as she bit her tongue down.

"We're known as Triple Threat! Best trainers in our school." They all look proud as Scotty announced their team name and then quickly went back to their serious faces. "Anyways we need one more trainer to start a little tournament that's being done between some schools from Violet City, it would be could to see someone new participate, you in?"

Rein's eyes widen, she had just gotten the perfect training opportunity. "Yes of course! I was here to train anyways."

"Great!" Scotty's Rotomphone began floating around him. "I'll add you to the brackets, that makes 16 of us. You're more than welcome to fight for ranking points in the WCS if you want, some of us are in it."

"Perfect!" Reina had a big grin on her face, she found a small trainer paradise in the middle of some random route, even is she had written it herself it wouldn't have been so ideal.

"Great follow us, we'll take you to the tournament area."

Reina and Triple Threat made their way deeper into the forest, finally coming to a lake, where a battlefield had been made. The field was half land and half water, probably used by fishermen to test their newly caught water types. There were about 12 more trainers standing around, some wearing a similar uniform to triple threat, some wearing different ones or casual clothes and two obvious fishermen, probably dragged into the tournament just like Reina.

"Alright, I'll get this round started, once you hear your name, step up to the field please and if you want WCS points, make sure to tell your opponent." Scotty ran towards the center of the field while Queen Bee gave Reina a mean glare and Usted kept shuffling his cards.

"Okay, the brackets are set, you all know the rules, one on one battles! Direct elimination, first round let's go!"

Reina looked around excitedly, watching as trainer looked through their Pokeballs, probably trying to decide who to use on their first battle. Which made her have the same doubt. Should she start with her new Lapras? It might be too soon, specially for a ranking match. She looked around again, seeing some trainers set on which Pokemon they would use and others as confused as she was. She was in the third battle, so she had some time to make her decision.

"No tengo la menor idea que voy usar." Reina sighed loudly as the first battle began.

11:19 PM June 9th, Thursday

- Hibernal Avenue, Lumiose City, Kalos

At first, Acer could breathe a sigh of relief when the suspicious looking man seemed to let him go. He had paused his step briefly to watch the guy disappear back into another alleyway across the street. Choosing to walk through a dark alleyway at night in Lumiose was asking for trouble, which all but confirmed the guy knew what he was doing. Acer thought he saw a Pokémon follow him too. If his eyes weren’t playing tricks on him, then it was a good thing the situation didn’t escalate any further.

“What’s with these goons showing up everywhere I go? At least, he left me alone.”

Unfortunately, as soon as he said, that same voice called out once again and Acer could a sudden increase in footsteps from behind. His heart dropped and his pace quickened. Was this guy really gonna chase him across the streets of Lumiose? There were so many people watching and it didn’t help that Acer still looked bruised. Maybe that could work in his advantage if people thought the guy chasing after him was the one assaulter. That again, the local authorities were already untrustworthy, so even if this was reported, there was a high possibly nothing would happen. Basically a lose-lose situation.

‘Wait. Even if the police don’t care, wouldn’t this still gain publicity?’

The thought that crossed his mind remind Acer that there were still any people around to watch. If something were to happen, the first thing they would likely do was record and post it on social media. Even if this guy was sent by Ricky to finish him off, he couldn’t do that here. Well, the guy could, but it would be all over social media if he wasn’t careful. It helped that he had taken the path through Hibernal Avenue to reach Hotel Richissime. The avenues were the streets where the more notable locations of the city were located in. So, of course, they attracted larger crowds.

Instead of continuing to scurry away, Acer suddenly stopped and turned around to face the man chasing him. It required a lot of confidence from him to face who was probably a hit man after his life and the worried expression was clearly visible on his face. His aqua blue eyes frantically glanced at the people going about their lives nearby then back at the one after him. Understanding he could only put his fate in the hands of bystanders if something were to happen, Acer questioned his pursuer in an exasperated tone.

“Wh-what do you want from me?!”

Aldon Larch, June 10, Friday - Azalea Town, Johto​

Aldon watched Reina go back into the pokécenter then back at Skol and shrugged.

"Huh..." Aldon said.

"Slooo...?" Skol muttered.

"Oh... Okay..." Aldon said as Reina left towards the route.

"Mmmh..." Aldon muttered. Now Aldon was on his own. Perhaps he'd check on the others. Perhaps he'd head to the next route. Perhaps he'd visit Slowpoke Well again. Perhaps he'd see the others again? Aldon wasn't sure, but he wasn't going to contemplate the notion too much. Aldon went down his merry way.

Aldon didn't wanna head to the next route without at least speaking with the other two. Reina had the common courtesy to do such before heading down her merry way. So that's exactly what Aldon did.

He stood at the entrance of the pokécenter. Looking around. He spotted Penny then Colored.

"What do you guys think? Continue the journey...? Any plans? I was thinking about heading to Azalea Forest, you guys interested? If not then I wish you well in wherever your headed. Aldon smiled and waved. He left and turned towards the next route. and now decided, he would head towards the woods. From there he could formulate a plan on what to do next. Goldenrod City would be the next town to visit.

$15,200
14x pokéballs
5x Super Potions
3x Full Heals
6x Oran berry,
C-Gear
Waterproof sleeping bag
Travel cooking supplies
Portable tent
Hiking and archeology tools

Politoed had done its part to help clean the fountain and soon enough the Director and its Ursaring had appeared which of course had led to the expected response.

"Oh shi...!" Desmond called out as he just stopped himself of letting out a full curse as given his internal Pokemon fear seeing a large one like Ursaring had done little to make things easy.

Thankfully focus had been on Emma first, who seemed rather reluctant to let out her surname as she whispered it which caused Desmond to raise an eyebrow once he had caught his breath.

Soon the questions shifted to him and Desmond and the young man worked to answer his questions.

"Oh uh Desmond. Desmond Andrews." Desmond explained as he outlined the description of the Charade guy, as well as his plans in the city he boasted about going towards. Desmond would comply best he could though soon as he finished he sheepishly stepped aside from the Ursaring.

Even if it seemed well trained, he'd rather not take a chance.

Emma had been finishing the cleaning when the Director had been asking Desmond questions. She had been keeping an eye on the Pokémon around as some of the others, like Politoed, had been helping with the Fountain, and checking for additional damages, such as The Director's Ursaring and her Cinderace. She then continued cleaning, working on the letters left on the Fountain.

"This is being annoying," Emma responded as a Pokéball opened.

Sliggoo had popped out and started walking on the letters in hopes of being a help. The letters were fading as Sliggoo walked on them.

"Something about Sliggoo's slime as it walks produces something that seems to help breakdown the paint."

Soon enough this Director had passed his questions to Desmond and he answered accordingly, as he went to review his notes between the two witnesses to this petty crime. The aspiring photographer moved over by the fountain as Emma and the Pokemon worked to finish fixing it up though Desmond's focus shifted to the new slug-like Pokemon that had appeared.

Oh of course one has to be slimy.

Desmond had a bit of a reflexive shiver, but by contrast Politoed seemed amazed by the Sliggo. The way it had been able to clean things just by walking over it, the frog Pokemon had thought that was so cool!

"Politoed Politoed! ("Wow amazing amzing!) The Politoed cried and clapped for the Sliggo as Desmond sweat dropped and walked over to Emma.

"So, I presume things have gone well here?" Desmond mused as he rubbed the back of his neck.

June 10, Friday - Route 32, Johto. Reina, current rank, 49,425.

Reina walked up to the battlefield, gripping her Pokeball as she set her eyes on Usted, the edgy card player. He shuffled a deck of cards before shooting a confident smirk at Reina. Without noticing when, the cards transformed into a Great Ball, which was held up by Usted.

"I see a lot of bad luck around you." He placed his free hand over the hair covering his eye while a sinister smile spread across his face. "The fact that your first opponent is Ultimate Sacrifice to Eternal Darkness, is enough proof!" A malicious laugh escaped his mouth as he tossed the Great Ball into the air. "Go Murkrow!"

The dark flying type spread it's wings and took to the air, squawking loudly as he circled the orange sky. Reina smiled, she had been feeling nervous at first but now that the battle had started, she wanted to demonstrate how strong she and her team were. She threw her Pokeball, Peque the Marshtomp emerging with a soft thud on the ground. He looked around until he set his orange eyes on the bird Pokemon, locking him as his enemy.

"I'm ready whenever you are Ultimate Serial to Eternity Doom!" Reina clenched her fist and shot a confident smile, as if she hadn't just slaughtered her opponent's name.

"Ultimate Sacrifice of Eternal Darkness!" Usted growled back. "But since you're so cocky, how about we raise the stakes? Let's make it a WCS match, how about it?"

Reina nodded. "Sounds good to me!"

The Rotom drone floated above the battle field, registering the information for both trainers before authorizing the battle to begin. Both trainers glared at each other for a few moments before the match officially began.

"Murkrow, Gust!"

The flying type flew above reach and began flapping its wings rapidly, creating a whirling gust of wind that began moving towards Peque. It didn't stop there though, it moved towards the right and repeated the same action, sending a second Gust at the Marshtomp.

"Peque, Rock Slide!"

Peque raised his hands as a few stones floated above him and began hurling towards the Murkrow. The stones pierced through the Gust attack as if nothing smashing into the target. Both Gust attacks however reached Peque violently tossing him around in the air before dropping him. At the same time, the Rock Slide knocked the Murkrow out of the air, the bird type spiraling downwards and crashing into the ground.

"Shake it off Peque and end this with Water Pulse!"

Usted gritted his teeth as he watch the water type prepare his attack. "Murkrow, Night Shade!"

The dark type jumped to his feet, shooting two dark purple beams of dark energy towards the incoming Water Pulse. This caused both attacks to collide in the center, causing a small smoke cloud to prevent both opponents from seeing each other. The bird Pokemon took to the skies once again, flying above the smoke and locating its enemy.

"Night Shade again!" Usted shouted.

"Above you Peque, Water Pulse again!"

Peque did as told and once again both attacks collided. Reina bit her lower lip as she thought of a solution. The Murkrow would keep its distance and now that they knew Peque had Rock Slide, they wouldn't risk using Gust again, or anything that can't stop the flying projectiles. Peque was also limited on moves though, with Mud Shot and Earthquake being useless against a flying type. If Peque could land one good hit, it was over, but with the attacks constantly blocking their view, they had to be on the defensive.

"Go Murkrow, Haze!" Usted yelled, a confident smile taking over as his strategy unfolded.

The Murkrow let out a thick black fog, covering the battlefield. This all happened exactly when the sun finished setting for the day, the lack of sunlight and the black colored feathers of the Murkrow made it almost invisible in the Haze.

"Night Slash!"

The bird type moved through the dark fog like a shadow, not giving Peque a chance to react before if appeared in front of him and struck him down with his sharp claws. Peque cried out as it took a few steps back and before he could figured out what had just happened, the Murkrow had disappeared again.

"I can't see where it's attacking from!" Reina looked around, but the Haze and the lack of light made it almost impossible to see the Murkrow moving inside of it. "Stay sharp Peque! We can do this!"

The Haze thickened as Murkrow used the move once again, making sure its movements were unknown to its opponent. Usted smiled, he couldn't see Reina on the other side, but he knew she had no answer for his strategy, there was a reason he was one of the best in his school. "Night Slash!"

Reina clenched her fists as she heard Usted give out the next attack. The Murkrow was moving in and with a move like Night Slash, it had a high probability to hit a critical shot on her Marshtomp. That's when an idea shot to her head, the Murkrow was closing in, which was perfect.

"Peque, Protect!"

Marshtomp held his hands outwards as a protective barrier appeared around him. From the darkness the Murkrow emerged, its claws clashing against the force field. The Murkrow struggled as it regained balanced after being cut halfway through his movement.

"Now, Supersonic!"

Peque's orange cheeks began to flow as it began to emit sound waves, aiming them towards the sky, where the Murkrow was trying to fly away. The Supersonic connected, causing the Murkrow's flight to break as it kept moving its wings awkwardly, as if dancing in mid air.

"He can't protect again Murkrow! Night Slash!" Usted frowned, knowing he was risking it by having his Pokemon attack again.

The confusion did its job though as the Murkrow's claws began to glow, but instead of diving through the Haze, it swooped into it and out the top, a few feet from Peque.

"Perfect shot, Water Pulse!"

Peque took in a deep breath and then shot the bullet like water attack, hitting the Murkrow directly. The impact caused a small water explosion before the dark flying type was shot out of it and crashed into the ground. Usted dropped his deck of cards as the Rotom hovered over and scanned the Murkrow.

"Murkrow is unable to battle, Marshtomp wins!"

"Yes!" Reina pumped her right fist into the air before kneeling down to receive the incoming Peque with a hug. "You were great out there, I was worried for a second. Now that I think about it, we could've hidden in the water huh?"

Peque tilted his confused for a few seconds before shaking off and breaking into a smile. After a quick celebration, the Marshtomp was returned to his Pokeball. Reina was about to walk over to shake her opponents hand, but Usted had already walked away, looking dark and gloomy as he leaned against a tree and crossed his arms.

"Reina Cortez, new rank, 49,110."

The young Metztlian trainer smiled proudly as she began walking back towards the crowd watching the match. She could feel Queen Bee's eyes glaring at her. It seemed she had somehow gained a rival, which was fine, she was always up for a friendly competition.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Reina took out her Rotom Phone and sent a quick message to Penny, letting her know of the tournament she had just entered and her new rank. She included a selfie with the battlefield in the background. "Now to wait for my next match." She walked over next to a fisherman and looked towards the new battle that was unfolding.

Trainer Emma Argentston, National Park, June 8th, Rank 48,679

"They went good, I can say, Thank you, Desmond." Emma responded, "Sliggoo, keep the good work."

Emma had continued cleaning the fountain as Sliggoo went over the area, fading from the fountain as the Dragon type climbed around the fountain.

"Can Politoed help with rinsing off Sliggoo's slime? I don't have a water type." Emma asked.

"Goo, Sliggoo (Why, Thank you)."

The Dragon type looked over to the Frog Pokémon, giving a wave as he saw the amazed look in the Water Type's eyes.

-------
Marina, Hau'oli City, Mele mele Island, Alola, June 8th, Trainer Billy Carmichael, Rank 21480.

Billy Carmichael had recently docked into the tropical region of Alola, three years of Training in Kalos for Kusunoki's Mega Evolution had made the power more manageable, but he and his Aggron knew they still had a long way to go with true control of the power. When his boat finished docking, he opened up two Pokéballs, Clisgeadh's and Kusunoki's in particular. Clisgeadh had hopped on his shoulder, as Kusunoki stood next to his trainer, the Aggronite shining in the light. He then got off the boat, with the two Pokémon. He took in the sights, looking around what he had seen, and what was in this city. He smelled salt water immediately, felt the heat, which was not all that bad, and the first thing he saw was a forty foot tall Exeggutor. What? When were Exeggutor forty feet tall? He looked around, climbing onto Kusunoki's back as he looked to see what was around as Clisgeadh jumped on his head. The young man looked around to see buildings for even ride Pokémon, they had listed ones such as Lapras. He knew other people could use the experience, he had Seashell for that himself. He looked at his collar, making sure his Keystone was in place. He then looked around, seeing a bunch of stuff as he then checked his X Transceiver out of his stuff, checking notifications, seeing one saying a high ranking Trainer had been sighted in Galar, a photo was attached. Billy nearly dropped his device when he saw who was in the photo and what Pokémon was with him, looking ready to attack.

"That's my uncle and his Drapion," Billy had said aloud, "Of course they would grab a shot before they back off, speaking of which, I need to call my mom at some point."

He then heard these words.

"Wait, Where's the Kahuna?"

He then looked at the source of those words. A young woman who was most likely as much a native to Alola as he was. He considered approaching, but thought it was in his best interest not to, heading off into town as he hopped off the Aggron. He looked around town

"I was thinking the Same thing." Billy whispered, then headed into the Pokémon Center, making a call to his mom.

Last edited:
National Park, Johto
"Oh sure, uh, Politoed can you give a hand." Desmond mused, as he had been happy to let his partner help with this as it allowed him to help but also meant he needed not move closer to the other Pokemon present.

Politoed waved back to the Sliggo and once Desmond had given the command used a controlled water gun as it had began to wash away the slime that Sliggo used to wipe away the graffiti and made sure that the fountain had been nice and clean. And it seemed to work well far as Desmond had been concerned.

"Well, the detective seems to be up to speed on the guy, and everthing here seems to be fixing itself up. So that's good..." Desmond mused as he rubbed his shoulder, he had not talked to people as often as he'd like so making small talk had not been a strong suit.

Esther
Thursday, June 9 – Motostoke, Galar Region​

“Wait, wait—what do you mean...tracker?”

“I mean your houndour here was a victim of Pokémon Poachers”

“Poachers? What kind of trainers are those? They must not be very good ones if their Pokémon run away from them.”

“They’re not trainers, they’re brigands and thugs who traffic rare Pokémon on the black market. They aren’t a good sort.” Nurse Joy said as she reached down and sent soothing strokes through the Dark Pokémon’s fur who—to its trainer’s shock—wagged its tail and rubbed into the nurse's open palm. “Where did you say you found this Houndour?”

Esther blinked away her marvel, secretly envious. “Just outside the city; nearly took my head off while I was trying to catch a Minccino...”

“Oh dear, then I’ll have to trouble you to report this to the Station and turn the tracker over to them. The Poachers might still be near. Do you know the way?”

“I do, I passed by on my way here but...how are you doing that?”

“Doing what?”

“Petting it! It wouldn’t even let me touch it earlier but just look at it now.”

“Pokémon are incredibly intelligent creatures, treat them with sincerity and it’ll go a long way. It also helped that my Indeedee used «Aromatherapy» to relax it.”

“«Aromatherapy» ...? Do you suppose I could catch a Pokémon that knows that?”

“A lot of grass-type Pokémon learn it; you should be able to find one just outside the city. Do you know how to use the Attackdex?”

Esther’s blank stare answered that question better than any words could.

“You must be a really new trainer.”

The Nurse chortled as Esther flushed pink. Thankfully, she continued speaking, sparing the Oblivian some embarrassment.

“The Attackdex is a feature of the Pokèdex, it allows you to see what moves a Pokémon knows and what moves it can learn.” “You should find it very helpful if enroll in a trainer school. They aren’t that popular in Galar, but many of them have online courses you can take while you travel. I’d love to tell you more, but I need to get back to work and you need to get to the station.”

Esther had the sense to look embarrassed; the situation with the Poachers was probably important and she’d gotten sidetracked.

“Thanks for all your help, Nurse Joy.”

After a curt bow, Esther returned houndour and set off. Next stop Motostoke Station.

If she had a dollar for every time she had to make a police report then she’d have...two dollars; which wasn’t a lot, but it was weird that it happened twice.

"The Great Burning was a prophetic dream that our queen had, she saw that Oblivia would be destroyed in a raging fire. In response to this dream, she began creating laws that slowly would take away the rights of Fire Type owners. Even though the oracles and the Fire Temple Captain had their ranks intact and got the benefits attached to them, they were still seen as lesser citizens. Eventually, my friend Flegos gave his partner Blaziken to one of the oracles and asked for my help to get a different partner. Eventually, he managed to bond with a Larvitar that lived in the temple, granting him an ally that would put the people of Oblivia at ease due to the strength of a Tyranitar. Some people were still unsure about this change, as it would lose to his former Blaziken." Pasados explained to an interested Ezio and a bored Erebus.

"Was the dream of the queen actually the truth?" Ezio asked, causing Pasados to shake his head.

"Oh no, every member of the Fire Temple swears an oath of pacifism and only fights if there is no other way. They are scribes, not warriors. The Lightning Temple is more suited to being warriors, but all temples are capable of defending the region. Or atleast, I thought they were." Pasados said, looking down in sadness. "Tell me, have you heard about the tragedy that befell Oblivia?"

"I've heard stories about the Hero of Oblivia facing the Sky Fortress, but it was more than a story as it got resurrected a couple years ago and decimated Dolce Island." Ezio said, causing Pasados to flinch.

"Dolce Island is destroyed? I knew we should've destroyed that thing!" Pasados exclaimed, causing pebbles on the floor to rumble. "Listen to my story, young one. When I was alive, the Dark Temple Captain Sabios manipulated the Light Temple Captain Ellios into forcing the temple oracles to transfer their Pokémon's energy into an orb that powers that devilish machine. Our hero used the power of the Rainbow Grail and Rainbow Dais to remove the blasted barrier that traitor Sabios erected by disrespecting the legendary Pokémon Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. We stormed the Sky Fortress, but I had to leave my partner Rhyperior behind. I could not bring her into the Sky Fortress, but that would be my demise. Without my partner to protect me, I ended up falling to Sabios' Dusknoir."

Ezio sat in silence, it was......weird to hear someone talk about their death, but who was he to judge? Erebus meanwhile tried to hug Pasados, failing miserably due to Pasados not actually having anything to hug. The Rock Temple Captain chuckled, respecting the act. "I have a favor to ask of you. Please give me closure. Please let me see my partner again, I don't know if she is still waiting for me and I'd hate for her to waste her life away."

Ezio looked Pasados in the eyes before solemnly nodding. "I promise. You deserve that much for your sacrifice. Where did you leave your partner all those years ago?"

Pasados wiped away something in his eyes, a glistening object that probably would have been a tear if he was alive. "You are too kind. I parted ways with her in Rasp Cavern on Renbow Island. Please allow me to meet her again."

Esther
Thursday, June 9 – Motostoke, Galar Region​

Pokedex Entry #782 – Jangmo-o — the Scaly Pokémon said:
Primary type: Dragon
Secondary type:
Ability: Overcoat
Egg Group: Dragon
Dragon breath
Tackle
Leer
Protect
Dragon Tail
Bide
Learnset

Pokedex Entry #228 – Houndour – ‘the Dark Pokémon’ said:
Primary type: Dark
Secondary type: Fire
Ability: Flash Fire
Egg Group: Field
Sucker Punch
Counter
Thunderfang
Nasty Plot
Leer
Ember
Howl
Smog
Learnset

The Pokèdex really lived up to its name! A veritable encyclopedia of Pokémon information. These were just the basic profiles and already they had so many things she didn’t understand.

Primary types? Secondary types? Egg Groups? What even were those? Hell, she didn’t even recognize all the moves listed beneath her Pokémon.

Fortunately, the Pokèdex was also intuitive and user-friendly. Tooltips abounded and almost everything came with an explanation. Short taps followed links and long taps brought up helpful, explanatory blurbs!

‘Hmmm? Houndour has eight moves, but Pyrrha only has six along with two empty slots...can Pokémon only know eight moves at a time?’

That seemed a strange number to cap at, but whatever! With this, she could find a Pokémon with «Aromatherapy» in no time. She just needed to stock up on some Pokéballs first and then... get permission to leave the city.

Esther heaved a sigh as she crossed her legs and sunk into her chair. The smudged white of the Station’s ceiling held her idle, unfocused gaze.

It’d been a few minutes since she’d reported the poachers, but the officers had insisted she stay behind to answer a few more questions for her. The break had been just long enough for Esther to get a smidge more familiar with the features of her Pokèdex and no sooner than she’d gotten comfortable, she heard her name from just across the room.

“Miss Sophys?”

“Ah! Yes! I’m coming!”

Esther bolted upright and swiftly paced after the attending officer. She recognized him. as the same officer who’d taken her earlier report.

“The Pokémon Ranger we called for arrived and she wants to speak with you, get a first-hand account.”

“Eek—the ranger does!?”

“Yes, she does.”

As they twisted through the station’s corridors, Esther had caught a glance of her appearance in the mirror and grimaced. Messy hair and messier clothes, she all but wore the memory of her scuffle with Houndour.

It wasn’t a good look, and she couldn’t afford to not look good, she was about to meet a POKEMON RANGER after all! Anything less than her best was, quite frankly, unacceptable.

If she had known she was going to speak with the ranger, then she would’ve changed! Maybe there was still time to run back and do so...? But...did she dare keep the ranger waiting?

Pokémon Rangers were the highest caliber of trainer and were thus very busy people! Saving lives came to them as naturally as breathing and they’d even saved the occasional region.

Some time ago some rangers had saved Oblivia from almost certain annihilation. Although the region had lost one of its islands, it had only lost one of its islands. That was all thanks to the rangers. Esther had grown up on stories of their deeds.

No, no, no, no—it just wouldn’t do to keep a ranger waiting.

“Right this way.”

The officer opened the door and Esther stepped into the room with stiff steps. Her eyes immediately fell onto a short, white-haired woman. The crimson of her uniform stood out among the blue of the surrounding officers and the gleam of her ranger badge was all Esther needed to confirm her identity.

“Miss Sophys, was it...You’re from Sophian Island?”

“Oh! Yes, I am. How did you know?”

“Haha, I’m from neighboring Almia, so I was stationed in Oblivia a few years ago; I’m familiar with some of Oblivia’s customs. That aside, I’m Wynter and it looks like I stumbled into something a lot more serious than I was expecting. Could you tell me more about where you found this tracker?”

“I’m sorry but there isn’t much to say, I didn’t even notice it until Nurse Joy pointed it out. It was already attached to Houndour before I met it.”

“I see...did you happen to see anyone suspicious around the area?’

“Not really...just a guy with a Blood Wing.”

“Blood Wing...”

At that point, an officer cut in.

“We believe she stumbled into a Hydreigon’s den and the Pokémon she’s referring to is the rampaging Hydreigon. It’s caused us no small bit of trouble. We had to cancel all direct flights to Motostoke.”

Wynter’s lips pressed into a pensive line, then she shook her head.

“No, that shouldn’t be the case. The Blood Wing is an Oblivian moniker, but Hydreigon isn’t native to Oblivia. It should be something else. Didn’t you collect a description of the Pokémon?”

“The description from earlier sounded like a Hydreigon...so I discarded it. It was also pretty vague so...I didn’t let her finish.”

That got frowns from around the room and the officer shrunk in his skin. The look he got from the superintendent promised a bit more than a slap on the wrist for such negligence. However, now was not the time to hold him accountable.

Wynter sighed and turned to Esther, “Could we bother you for a more complete description?”

The Oblivian was all-too-happy to oblige. Anything to assist a ranger.

“Sure! It’s a big dragon type, with scary wings, and vicious fangs and it's got primarily blue scales with some being red and three-toed claws. There are spikey protrusions around its head, but obviously, it’s got blood-red wings.”

Another round of death glares had the officer quivering in his seat, but eventually, the superintendent made a call.

“Someone grab the profiles for Salamence and Druddigon!”

An officer rushed out of the room and returned with two portraits.

“Can you identify which of these was the Pokémon you saw? We want to be certain.”

Esther had no problems pointing out the Blood Wing—Salamence, its profile read.

Expressions gravened as the officers communicated in hushed whispers. Esther couldn’t quite catch what they were saying, but the name Hunter J popped up too many times for coincidence.

Only Wynter and the Superintendent remained silent, contemplative expressions on their faces. They exchanged glances and then the superintendent addressed Esther, speaking carefully.

“You claim to have seen a man with a Salamence? Are you sure it wasn’t a woman?”

“No...I’m certain it was a man.”

“I see...then I’ll have to trouble you with a request. Could you allow us to make use of your Houndour? We’d like to see if it can follow the scent of its captures and, if they’re still around, lead us to them.”

“Of course, anything to help but...my Houndour is a bit...violent. It doesn’t really like me or anyone for that matter. I’ve only seen it warm up to Nurse Joy.”

“That’s expected considering what it must’ve been through, but don’t worry Ranger Wynter is an expert.”

“Oh! Of course! Then come on out Houndour!”

A flash of light brightened the room, but no longer under the soothing effects of aromatherapy, Houndour stared daggers into the roomful of humans a growl rising in its throat as the light of embers reflected off pearly white fangs.

Ranger Wynter had taken that as her cue brandish her stylus.

“Capture...On!”

June 10, Friday - Route 32, Johto. Reina, current rank, 49,110.

"So why do they call you Queen Bee?"

Reina stepped up to her side of the battlefield, ready to start the next round against the girl known as Queen Bee. Every since they first spotted each other, the girl has had her eyes set on Reina and not in a good way. It reminded Reina of her school days. She had a feud with one of her classmates a while back. The competed over the best grades, the best looks and even in any sports they participated in. Whenever they crossed paths, it was as if they had to demonstrate who was superior no matter what. That was the same vibe her new opponent radiated towards Reina.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm the strongest girl trainer at my school. I rarely lose a match." The girl's eyes gleamed as she held a Net Ball on her hand. "You're about to wish you hadn't joined this little tournament."

The Net Ball was tossed in the air and from it emerged a Vespiqueen. The Pokemon buzzed loudly as it hoovered over the field and looked around. Reina's jaw dropped, she had never seen such a Pokemon and she completely understood her opponent's nickname now. She looked at the Pokeball in her hand, had she made the right choice to face an unknown enemy?

"You look surprised, never seen a Vaspiqueen before?" Queen Bee smirked, feeling confident her opponent was battling a Pokemon with little knowledge of it.

"I have not, I'm not from around this area, so a lot of Pokemon are new to me!" Reina replied proudly.

"Oh, you're not? Well you did have a Hoenn Pokemon, you must be from there?"

"Huh? Peque isn't from Hoenn!" Reina laughed as if just had heard a good dad joke. "He's from the same region I am, the Metztli region."

"Um, never heard of it."

"Yeah, nobody really has."

"Anyways, doesn't matter. Your origins won't change the fact that I will win today, now let's get started."

"Fine with me! Go, Lapras!" Reina's Moon Ball flew into the air and then popped open to released the new member of the team, who still didn't have a nickname.

Queen Bee seemed as surprised when she saw the happy Lapras land across her Vaspiqueen. "Good, let's make this more interesting, rank battle?"

"Yes!" Reina nodded and then watched as the Rotom Drone once again floated above the battlefield.

Esther
Thursday, June 9 – East Lake Axewell, Galar Region​

“This is where I’d made my camp earlier, I found Houndour around there.”

Esther gestured across the grass to a charred area, ravaged by her earlier battle with Houndour. She had led the ranger and a few officers out here to begin investigations. They had split into two groups, with Esther and Wynter forming one group to track Hunter J and the officers forming another group to deal with Hydreigon. The plan on their side was simple, they would have Houndour retrace its steps and hopefully, it would pick up on a familiar scent, and on the officers’ side, they were to get in touch with one of the notable trainers in the area.

Houndour was...surprisingly cooperative for a change and all Wynter had done was draw some bright circles around it. Apparently, the capture stylus ‘conveyed feelings of friendship’ from the ranger to the Pokémon. At least, that’s how it’d been explained to Esthe; but, that sounded like some anime-style power of friendship bull shittery to her.

Then again, the Rangers couldn’t go around explaining all their greatest secrets, so some bull shittery was inevitable. In any case, while Houndour was sniffing around for a scene trail Esther took the opportunity to clean up camp. It was all she could do to pass the time.

- - - - - - - -

Although the potential threat of Pokémon poachers took precedence, the issue of Hydreigon was not forgotten. While the hope had been to quell the beast with the assistance of a ranger, as circumstances would have it the ranger was otherwise occupied. That meant Hydreigon would have to be put down with some good old fashion battling.

For that, the officer’s sought to enlist the highest-ranking trainer available and according to their sources, that was one 'Mr. Maze Guardian' who had already been sent a request to rendezvous with law enforcement at Den D in West Lake Axewell.

Trainer Firey Argentston, "The Maze Guardian", Rank 20, Flying over West Lake Axewell, Galar on Thursday June 9th

Firey had been flying over the area of West Lake Axewell, when his X-Transceiver went off. He looked at it when he saw notifications from the Law Enforcement saying that there was a Hydreigon causing problems in Den D in the area.

"That's not good, A Hydreigon can be highly dangerous to civilians, I'll get everything ready, and With my knowledge from training with my wife's Hydreigon, Volcarona will be battling with this one." Firey whispered, "This is going to not be easy."

Firey flew over to an area not far from Den D, returning his Salamence, and holding a Pokéball that was red with a blue star. He then walked over with Sharp released to sense for anything that may be caused by the Hydreigon. When he approached Den D, he found law enforcement all over the place.

"I just got a request to rendezvous with law enforcement at Den D, Firey "Maze Guardian" Argentston."

June 10, Friday - Route 32, Johto. Reina, current rank, 49,110.

"Air Slash!"

The battle began with Vespiqueen gaining space between herself and Lapras by floating upwards and sending three direct Air Slash. Reina was ready to fight from a distance though, having her water Pokemon react with Water Gun. The attack was good, being able to stop the first two flying attacks, but the third one cut through and landed, causing Lapras to let out a cry as her ears wiggled and she moved a bit backwards.

"That was good, but we can hit hard also, Water Pulse!"

Lapras held her head up high as a sphere of water formed above her and then shot towards the enemy like cannon ball. The Vespiqueen's body began to vibrate as it charged up a Bug Buzz attack. A few moments before impact, it released violent sound waves towards the attack, which dispersed the Water Pulse, leaving only a small drizzle that fell upon the battlefield.

"I was not expecting that." Reina watched as her Pokemon's strongest water attack was brushed off like nothing, maybe they weren't at the Vespiqueen's level. "We need more power, Rain Dance!"

Lapras looked towards the sky, moving her ears and emitting a peaceful cry as clouds began to gather above them.

"There's our opening! Air Slash again!" Queen Bee looked on with a cocky smirk.

The queen bee Pokemon once again shot three air slices that went towards Lapras, one after another. The three attacks connected directly, pushing Lapras back again. Reina called out for a Water Gun attack once again, but Lapras couldn't move.

"Flinch kicking in, again!" Queen Been's enthusiasm grew as she saw victory getting closer.

"Shake it off Lapras, Water Pulse!"

The icy Pokemon once again held up her head, preparing another Water Pulse. That didn't stop the incoming Air Slash attacks. The first one hit, causing Lapras to grit her teeth. The second one impacted also just as she finished creating her Water Pulse, which was twice as big as the first one. Right as the third one was about to impact, the attack was shot. It destroyed the incoming Air Slash and smashed into the Vespiqueen in a blink of an eye.

Queen Bee's jaw dropped as she witnessed the heavy damage her Pokemon took. This kept her from coming up with a reaction and just stood quietly as her partner hit the ground.

"Now's our chance, Ice Shard!" Reina raised her fist in the air while a dozen crystal clear shards of ice formed around her Lapras.

The ice attack fired away while the Vespiqueen tried to recover from the earlier hit. As it just began to float again, the icy shards impacted all over her body. The bug type Pokemon's red lights flashed violently before falling to the ground unconscious.

"Vespiqueen is unable to battle, the winner of this World Coronation Series match is Reina Cortez. Calculating new rank... calculating...

Reina smiled as she looked down at her Rotom Phone and watched her new rank appear. "48,862."

Esther

“You don’t seriously plan to carry your luggage around like that, do you?”

The incredulous question came as a shock to Esther. She’d just finished packing away her assorted traveling paraphernalia when Wynter had made her disbelief known.

“What do you mean? How else am I supposed to carry it?”

“Ah, right. Oblivia...”

At that Esther frowned but patiently waited for the ranger to explain. Wynter gestured to a small bag strapped to her side; it looked just big enough to store a phone, a purse, and maybe a few other trinkets. Esther arched an eyebrow as the ranger fiddled with the dial that doubled as the pouch’s button. After just a moment she pressed down on the button and from the pouch came a blue bolt.

Esther blinked away spots and her vision focused on the blue bolt or rather, the large canteen it had turned into. Her eyes widened with surprise.

“It’s Silph tech, works just like the Pokéball but for items. Just about every career trainer or traveler has one. It’s a bit pricey, but worth every dime.”

It was at that moment that Houndour howled, the sound just as ominous as Esther remembered.

Wynter’s expression hardened. “Looks like we’ve caught the trail, let’s move.”

- - - - - -

“Thanks for the prompt response,” the supervising officer on scene strolled up to Fiery, the badge on her chest identifying her as a Chief Inspector. “I’m Inspector Jenny.”

“Things could get dicey, so I won’t waste words. Because of the World Coronation Series match in a few days, the amount of human traffic to the city has shot up; traffic isn’t usually an issue but so much of it can make the surrounding Pokémon antsy—doubly so when most of that traffic is trainers who go around catching and battling the wild Pokémon.”

We’ve confirmed Hydreigon had a clutch of eggs early this spring...So our best guess is that a trainer too eager to get their hands on a Deino might’ve triggered her.”

Inspector Jenny gestured towards Raid den D, its entrance nestled into the side of a cliff, and fronted by tall grass. The officers had surrounded the Raid Den but kept a very wide margin.

“Once you get past our perimeter Hydreigon may see you as a threat and attack. This den is a power spot and Hydreigon may Dynamax at any time. If it rampages while Dynamaxed...”

Inspector Jenny shuddered at the thought before fixing Fiery with a firm gaze.

“We’ve been avoiding battle to prevent that from happening, this an all-or-nothing gamble. If you aren’t confident in defeating it quickly then please let us know, we’d rather keep this place under lockdown than risk such destruction.”

Friday, June 10 – Route 32, Johto Region

While Reina and Queen Bee settled their semi-final match, the other semi-final match had been ongoing on another battlefield and the Rotom Drone had also been declared—“Magmar is unable to battle! Victor, Claire de Lune—New Rank...calculating...45,242!”

As the silver-haired victor returned her Pokémon to its Pokéball, the defeated Magmar lay prone on the battlefield, its body still convulsing as sparks of electricity jumped from it to the field below.

With a confident flare, the victor blew a kiss to the small crowd. Then she turned to prepare for her final match.

“Good work Chysa, let’s finish up this tournament with a win.”

Last edited:
June 10, Friday - Route 32, Johto. Reina, current rank, 48,862.

Reina looked up at the Rotom Drone floating above the field. So far her training was going great, she was hoping to get more training in a style familiar to Bugsy's but one on one was not so bad. She had taken a while to decide her Pokemon for the final match. Maya had been her first choice, she could use the water around them as an advantage. Next she considered King, who was a great power house and could probably win in one or two hits. Finally, she decided on Blue Demon however. She wanted the fighter to get another shot at a good match after his great performance in the bug gym.

"Alright Blue, let's go all out." Reina smiled at the Pokeball as she took her spot across her opponent. "Good luck!" She called out before turning her attention to the Rotom Drone.

"World Coronation Series battle. Reina Cortez versus Claire de Lune. The battle will be one on one."

Reina nodded and tossed her Pokeball in the air. The ever confident Blue Demon emerged, landing with his wings spread out and then taking a wrestling position. He was focused and ready to take on whatever he was to face. Reina took the same position as her Hawlucha, getting ready to support her fighter as much as possible.

"We're ready whenever you are!"

The was no question of which Pokémon Claire would pick. After a short rest, her partner—who’d take her through the tournament—was up once again. With a light toss, her selection beamed onto the field and the fluffy, full figure of a Flaaffy was revealed.

Since the opponent had kindly passed on the first move, Claire wouldn’t be polite.

“Show ‘em what for Chysa! Thunder Wave!”

With a bleat as soft a wool, charges of blue electricity began to crackle off Flaafy’s tail and horns, and a moment later they leaped towards Blue Demon!

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
Trainer Rank: 99,999
Thursday, June 9th, 2022
Motostoke City, Galar Region

Relaxation served Wilford well, allowing him to cool off from the harsh words that he said to Henryson. There was no remorse felt by the young man for what he said, but the embers of anger needed to be extinguished before he could proceed with the trails that were to come. Opening his briefcase, he took a look at the four Pokéballs laid out before him, and had time to deliberate over each of them. The balls contained the following Pokémon from top-left to bottom-left: Chimchar, Grookey, Togepi, Panpour.

Though my father made this team based on his childhood dreams, I will admit he’s got good taste in some areas. I've heard that Chimchars are Pokémon that can play to a variety of strengths, and can defeat any opponent with the proper moveset, especially upon evolution. While I have no way of knowing if this is true or if I am to suffer for my father's foolishness, I'm eager to find out. I've heard similar praise for Togepi's final form, but I've heard that its first two forms are disappointing. I suppose nothing worth having came easy, though I'm sure my father would disagree with that statement. I know that Grookeys are very popular in this region for beginning trainers, and it will be a good idea to lead with him to trick my opponents into thinking I'm a mere naïve rich kid. I've heard nothing special about Panpour, I just think that my father saw a theme with the fire and grass types and wished to compliment it with the appropriate water type. While understandable, it's clear that my father has been a sentimental dolt since he was a boy. Always putting what felt right over what was best, that's the hallmark of William Pine, owner of the Pine Mining Industry.

Shaking his head in contempt, Wilford closed the briefcase and approached the door, but before leaving, he knew he had to check what moves each of his Pokémon had at their disposal. After all, it would be embarrassing to begin his time as a Pokémon trainer without properly informing himself. To accomplish this, Wilford placed the briefcase on the ground, reopening it and took out the top-left Pokéball. He then opened the Pokédex app on his phone and scanned the Pokéball in his hand. After two seconds of scanning, Wilford had the information he needed.

His Chimchar was equipped with the moves Ember, Fake Out, Helping Hand. More importantly, a triad of punches were featured prominently in the Fire Chimp’s arsenal. The first of these was Fire Punch, a much more powerful alternative to Ember, followed by Thunder Punch to deal with troublesome Water Types, and Power Up Punch to boost its attack whilst remaining on the offensive. The proliferation of punches within the Fire Type’s moves became obvious once Wilford found out about the Chimchar’s ability: Iron Fist.

Father did well in preparing you for battles, though time will tell if you live up to your potential.

To temper his expectations, Wilford checked the Pokémon he had the lowest expectations for: Panpour. After performing the same process, he learned that the Water Type was equipped with only one move of its type: Hydro Pump. While powerful, it seemed unwise to use in a battle given Panpour’s complete lack of battle experience. The rest of its moves consisted of Scratch, Play Nice, Leer, Lick, and Disarming Voice. Outside of the last move, Wilford was disgusted with what he saw.

I suppose this is right, every Pokémon can’t be a superstar. Besides, I should give it an opportunity to prove itself.

In desperate need of reassurance, Wilford turned to check Grookey’s moves. The Grass Chimp was also only equipped with a singular move of its type, but Branch Poke was a much easier move to use than Hydro Pump. Comparatively, Grookey’s moveset was much more versatile than the last Pokémon, with a Fake Out of its own complimented by Leech Seed and Growth. Though Scratch and Growl were less impressive, they were still welcome additions to round out a potentially potent Pokémon. Comforted, the rich young man could comfortably check the moveset of his Togepi. Surprisingly, the Fairy type proved to be manageable, with the reliable Fairy Wind complimented by the powerful Extrasensory. The recovery provided by Life Dew and the utility of Psycho Shift left Tackle as the only undesirable move out of the bunch.

Aside from Panpour, I’d say I have a decent roster to work with. However, I should reserve judgment for later, once they’ve been tested in battle.

Armed with new information, Wilford closed the briefcase and finally left the Budew Drop Inn. Without a bicycle, he would need to travel to the Battle Café on foot. Fortunately, he wouldn’t be getting lost due to entering the directions to the Café in his phone. After exiting the Inn, he turned left, passing the Upper Tier PokéCenter and getting on the gear shaft mechanism. Once he reached the lower tier, he passed the second PokéCenter and gave a confused look when he realized that there were two Centers in one city. Regardless, that quickly became irrelevant, since Wilford’s destination came into his line of sight.

As Wilford entered the Battle Café, he noticed a few captivating sights; true to its name, there were people that came to dine and people that came to fight. There was even a trainer that commanded his Pokémon in battle as he commanded his hand to deliver food to his mouth. Raising an eyebrow at what he was seeing, the rich young man approached the man standing at the front desk in hopes of getting the battles he so desperately sought.

“Welcome to the Battle Café,” The college-aged man tending the desk smiled, perhaps out of obligation, towards the new arrival before asking, “I’m guessing you’re here for food or a fight?”

“The latter. Could you tell me how you operate Pokémon Battles here?” Wilford kept his tone professional, not wanting to waste any more of his time.

“Of course. We offer 3v3, 4v4 and 6v6 formats. 3v3 and 6v6 are single battles, meaning that you’ll send out one Pokémon to fight one of your opponent’s Pokémon. The 4v4 format is the double battle format, meaning that you’ll send out two Pokémon to fight a pair of opposing Pokémon. Would you like to hear anything else?”

“Yes, do the battles that take place here contribute to your trainer rank?”

"As long as you’re registered for the WCS, you should be good to go. Do you need to know anything else?” Wilford could tell that the man was getting worn down by the questions, so he decided to show a bit of pity.

“No, that was quite informative, thank you.” Dismissing the man, Wilford took time to think about which format he wanted to participate in for his first day in Galar.

Obviously I can’t participate in the 6v6 format, but there are different advantages to be considered in the remaining formats. 4v4 would let me use all of my Pokémon at once, but 3v3 would let me measure them on their own merits.

"I would like to participate in a 3v3 battle please.” With conviction, Wilford declared his intentions, allowing the man at the desk to direct Wilford towards the battlefield. With a thankful nod, Wilford walked over to the battlefield area and selected the first trio of Pokémon that he would be using.

I’ll lead with Grookey to lull my opponents into a false sense of security, make them think I’m an ordinary rookie. Then I’ll swap to Panpour if Grookey is in a bad matchup to see if it's actually going to disappoint me. I’ll keep Chimchar in the back to hold the team together. Let's hope for the best.

Last edited:

Reina's smile disappeared as the battle began with a move that could cripple them the entire match. Not to mention they had a type disadvantage. This could be dealt with, she trusted Hawlucha's strength and speed and by looking at her opponent, they might just have the advantage in that.

"Detect!"

Blue Demon closed his eyes as he pictured where the Thunder Wave would hit. With ease, the fighting type side stepped out of the way and then leaped towards the right, landing a few feet away from the small lake around the field.

"Hone Claws!"

The Hawlucha's claws began to glow and as the flying fighting type rubbed his claws together, sparks flew from them. Reina watched her opponent, waiting for their next move. She had the move Encore under sleeve and she needed just the right moment to trap her opponent in it. Dealing with one move instead of eight was a lot easier for Blue Demon.

Esther

The expectation: Arms pumping, Blood rushing, Chest heaving, Darting eyes, Eerie lights, a Furious pursuit—an alphabet of thrilling adjectives, all the things that you’d expect a crime-fighting, dare-devil, evil-punishing, ranger to be doing while basking in the thrill of the hunt!

But reality was often disappointing. Nose to the ground, Houndour was plodding along at a measured crawl. As it turned out, you couldn’t pick up a scent trail and instantly know the location of your target—anime had lied to her—instead, it was truly as the name implied, a long, often meandering trail that sometimes—most times—cut-off abruptly and forced you to seek it out once more.

Wynter exhibited the patience of a consummate professional (which she was), silent and focused. With the train found, she was wholly dedicated to exploring it and in service of that the ranger had brought out two of her own Pokémon. She recognized one of them, a common pet in Oblivia—a Glameow; but the other...well, she deferred to the Pokèdex.

Pokedex Entry #678 Meowstic - the Constraint Pokemon said:
Primary Type: Psychic

When in danger, it raises its ears and releases enough psychic power to grind a 10-ton truck into dust.

Strangely enough, the sections for its moves and abilities were greyed out...

"A lot of trainers don't appreciate when their Pokemon is scanned without their permission."

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't know—"

"It's fine, my Pokemon are all covered. There are many accessories that can be used to prevent the Pokedex's deep scan, so an opponent can't learn about your moves and abilities."

Upon closer inspection, Esther noticed the Meowstic sported an earring. Maybe that was its accessory? She didn't get to ponder for long since Wynter drew her attention with a cough.

"This could take a while and things could become dangerous at any moment, furthermore I can't risk you wandering around and accidentally tampering with the trail, do you mind...?"

Esther excused herself with a blush. Reality really was disappointing.

'Detect and Hone Claws hmm...'

Claire licked her lips, her thoughts stirring for just a moment before she decided on a course of action. If her opponents wanted time to set up, then she’d apply pressure!

“Light ‘em up, electric terrain then shockwave!”

A roiling electrical field covered the battlefield as the terrain came into effect and soon after, Chysa’s horns were crackling with power. Forks of lightning shot off the Flaaffy, splitting into four smaller bolts that knifed through the air towards their opponent.

"We'll show you our power also!" Reina aimed her fist towards the Flaffy. "Cross Chop!"

Blue Demon ran directly at the incoming electrical attack, bracing itself for a move that would do a lot of damage to it. At the same time, he placed his arms in an X form across his chest. The Shockwave hit Blue Demon, the electricity traveling through his body. The fighting bird cried out in agony but his legs kept him running forward.

"You can do it Blue!"

Blue Demon let out a cry as he broke through the electrical attack and lunged forward with his arms ready to strike down on the Flaffy.

Esther

Esther spared herself the embarrassment and quickly made herself scarce, she didn’t want to make a nuisance of herself and truly she was no help to the ranger’s cause. Sulk as she might, the Oblivia soon turned to more productive things. She had Pokémon to catch. According to Nurse Joy, somewhere around here was a grass-type who could learn Aromatherapy. With nothing better to do she might as well start searching.

No...on second thought didn’t the Pokèdex have...ah, yes! The habitat list! Although she was no Pokèdex expert, she’d rifled through a few of the dex’s features after learning about the Attackdex. The habitat list was one she remembered and was perfect for checking what Pokémon lived in the area.

It only took Esther five and then five more minutes to page through the list of Pokémon commonly found around Lake Axewel and the moves of the grass types. The result,

Pokedex Entry #761 Bounsweet the Fruit Pokemon said:
Primary Type: Grass
Abilities: Leaf Guard, Oblivious, Sweet Veil

Its body gives off a sweet, fruity scent that is extremely appetizing to bird Pokémon. While fleeing danger, Bounsweet skips along in a way that does not convey its desperation. As a result, no one ever comes to help it.

This was her target.

“Haha, you’re my type of girl!”

Claire cackled as Reina had her Pokémon charge through the shockwave, that was a strategy she could get behind. Following suit, she gave no orders to dodge, instead as Hawlucha’s cross chop came down she called for—“Cotton Spore!”

Chysa’ wool puffed, and sticky spores stuck to her body. They would transfer to Hawlucha’s body when it landed the cross chop. They would embrace the attack and use it as a chance to lower their opponent’s speed!

Trainer Firey Argentston, Rank 20, Den D, West Lake Axewell, Wild Area, Galar, Thursday June 9th

"Inspector Jenny, I've got this," Firey responded, "This will be interesting, and I've got a mon that can help, also my Partner Sharp will be able to determine if things are going to go south."

Firey's hand was holding a Red Pokeball with a blue star. His partner, Sharp, barked in the direction of Inspector Jenny as he turned back to say one more thing.

"You're talking to Rank 20 in the world, I'm ready for this." Firey responded, "My wife has one, was her third ever Pokémon."

He then walked into the Den, arming Volcarona's Pokeball, as his Absol looked around for disaster.

Thursday, June 9 – West Lake Axewell, Galar Region​

Hydreigon yawned; there was a wet flicker as its tongue touched the air, tasting something...foul. A human was approaching. Three sets of fangs snapped together, echoing within the cave. She knew humans.

Humans were a lusty, greedy, conquering ilk. Without consideration for nature or the Pokémon there-in, they corrupted the land with ugly, polluting nests, that matched their cruel and ugly personalities. Wherever they went the fortunate were subject to beatings and the less fortunate captured, often never to return. Many Pokémon of the lake had suffered such a fate and the same had almost befallen her children. Luckily, she’d been there to protect them.

She believed she’d made it abundantly clear that humans were not welcome on her turf, but...looks like she hadn’t been clear enough.

- - - - - -

As Fiery stepped into the den, a thundering roar responded. If Fiery had been paying attention he might’ve heard the angry snaps, they were the only warning he’d get before the cave lit up with brilliant lights! No, not lights—a torrent of flames! From the back of the cave, Hydreigon had immediately launched a trio of flamethrowers toward the invading human!

@Cmeriwether

June 9th- Resort Area, Sinnoh. Acacia Song, Rank 9

After a literal shock awakening courtesy of Giza at the crack of dawn, Acacia had spent the duration of the sunrise working up quite the sweat with some battle prep training. While Alder had failed to instill the early riser spirit in the dysaniac, Acacia managed to force himself through early workouts for the one thing he loved most in the world: Mago and Pecha Berry Smoothies.

“Ah… does it get any better than this?” Acacia breathed a sigh of contentment as the sweet chill of his blended beverage sent ripples of pleasure throughout his aching body, quelling his sore muscles with every sip.

“Pi-pi.” The pichu perched on his shoulder shook her head in agreement as they strolled along the beach. Following close behind was Acacia’s Donphan, Zou who was pulling a large wagon of berries and smoothies to deliver to the rest of his team.

It wasn’t a particularly long walk from Acacia’s favorite smoothie stand to his humble villa, but that was by design. When he first started to make some money as a trainer, the battle zone seemed like the obvious place to invest in a vacation home. The nearby battle frontier and survival area attracted plenty of competent challengers from all over the world to refine his skills against, and so he had intended to buy the nicest beach home he could afford. However, a run in with a young orphaned girl and her grandmother barely scrapping by on the income from a dingy little smoothie hut struck a chord with the up and coming trainer and he decided to make his first purchase a charitable one.

He spent the large majority of his savings investing in a large plot of land along with an accompanying ranch style home where the duo could live and grow berries for their locally sourced smoothie shack that opened every day at the crack of dawn. Acacia had bought it simply out of good faith, but “Morning Sun Smoothie Co.” proved to be quite the profitable venture, quickly becoming a local favorite and a must-stop location for vacationers of the battle zone. To keep up with increasing demand, he ended up having to leave a chunk of his less battle-inclined pokemon behind.
(For those of you curious, here’s the portion of his team working for the smoothie company)
  • 2 Castform (Teru & Bozu) control the weather for optimal growing conditions all year round.
  • Dunsparce (Tsu) tills the fields
  • Donphan (Zou) plows the fields
  • Flapple, Whimsicott, and Breloom (Ryu, Elfyn, and Kino) all tend to the plants
  • Scyther & Fomantis (Shu and Kiri) cut and harvest the berries
  • Kecleon (Kaku) helps run the smoothie shop (Acacia had heard that in some lands Kecleons are quite the merchants)
  • 5 Rotoms go into specialized blenders created by Acacia and Blaine to make the smoothies at rapid speeds and run the dishwasher

With what remained of his spending money at the time, Acacia called in a favor with Clay and constructed a one floored, single bedroom villa on some beach front property about a 10-minute walk from where the smoothie shop operated. Despite being equipped with a swimming pool and a training field, it was perhaps the least lavish of his peer’s homes. Even so, it was more than enough for the boy who had never even dreamed of having enough money to afford any sort of vacation home at all and he couldn't help but be filled with contentment as he approached his backyard.

He had a number of homes across every region and when he wasn't using them, he let his pokemon stay wherever they desired. The beachfront property was the chosen destination for his Tropius, Chatot, and Heliolisk (Totec, Pera, and Apollo) who were the first to spot the incoming meal while the other six laid sprawled out on the training field.

"Who's ready to eat?" Acacia's question breathed life into the exhausted team, and a miniature stampede erupted towards the wagon. But dashing far out ahead of the pack was Tachi, his Weavile; however, her target was not the food. Overflowing with excitement at the sight of her old traveling companion and training partner, she charged straight at Zou with a night slash. The elephant didn't hesitate to respond with slam, and the collision of his glowing trunk with her purple claws sent sand flying in every direction.

"Guess old habits die hard." He chuckled to himself as the two began to spare just like they used to in Johto. "Well the rest of you eat up, I need a shower."

Giza jumped off his shoulder eager to get in on the action while Acacia slid open the large glass doors that led directly into his dimly lit bedroom. He loved his pokemon, more than life itself even, but as they got stronger and stronger Acacia couldn't keep up with them the way he did when they were little and so these brief moments of solitude were something he needed to recharge. He set his smoothie on the nightstand and prepared for a much needed shower. Already shirtless from the workout, he stripped out of his sweaty shorts and threw them in the hamper for his cleaning lady to take care of. He was just about to relieve himself of his briefs when the sound of his bathroom door creaking open sent him into a panic. Like a child who had just gotten pantsed, he quickly jumped to cover himself.

"Who's there?! I have an Arcanine... he'll bite you." He tried his best to sound threatening from his laughable position.

"Really? I've heard he's a huge softy." A woman emerged from behind the door wearing a black oversized sweater of Acacia's that was long enough to cover her waist and act like a onesie.

"Oh... it's you." He breathed a sigh of relief of lowered his guard upon recognizing his fellow Hoenn native and rival. Attempting to regain some power in the situation he nodded to her messy black hair plagued by an awful case of bedhead. "You look cute. Did you just wake up?"

"Fuck off" she giggled at the back handed joke, "I didn't sleep well last night and besides, I'm not the one on trial here. How often do you have strangers coming out of your bathroom?"

"More often than I would like." He shuddered as his mind traveled back to a particularly intrusive journalist that was convinced the secret to his battle bond was hidden somewhere on his body and had been hiding in his bathroom to gather evidence. "One time is too many."

"Mmhm..." She lost interest in the topic of conversation as she often did and her red eyes traveled around the room, settling onto Acacia's drink. "You got smoothies?"

"Yeah. I would've got you one but…" I honestly forgot you were here "I figured you would've left already." He lied.

"No worries! I'll just have yours." With a mischievous smirk she grabbed the plastic cup off the nightstand and took a huge sip. "Ahhh Mago berry, my favorite."

Acacia's heart broke just a little, but he knew he couldn't stop her. After forgetting she was there twice in just a few hours he owed her at least a half drank smoothie. "There's also Pecha...." He mumbled in defeat, hoping that at the very least she'd appreciate everything the drink had to offer.

"Oh yeah, I can taste that now. It's super good!" She unapologetically chimed as she quickly downed the rest of the beverage, pretending she didn't notice his despair but secretly enjoying tormenting him. "Anyway, I was about to go for a swim to wake up, come on!"

She flung off the sweater to reveal she had already changed into her two-piece decorated with her signature salamence wing pattern, but still suffering from the loss of his treasured smoothie Acacia remained uninspired. "No thanks, I think I'm just gonna shower."

"You make it sound like I was asking." With surprising agility, she grabbed Acacia's wrist and yanked him outside. Before he even had the chance to pled for the opportunity to change into proper swimming shorts, he found himself submerged in pleasantly cooled water that snapped him out of his state of lethargy.

"You're gonna regret that." He chuckled as he brushed his hair out of his eyes. "Zeni has a habit of blasting bullies. Especially mean girls."

Zinnia's eyes traveled to the beach from where the Blastoise had watched everything unfold and was now eagerly waiting with a quirky grin.

"Get her!" Even the smallest fraction of one of Acacia's strongest pokemon was more than enough to topple the girl, and with a heavily restrained burst of water he sent the girl falling into the pool right after his trainer.

From there it was a few hours of old-fashioned summer pool fun. All of his pokemon except Tachi made it into the pool at one point or another (no one dared push the feline in out of fear of what she'd do should her proud fur get wet). But with quite the odd group, even a casual swim proved to come with its own set of difficulties. Moku refused to wade in farther than its waist due to the Decidueye’s fear of drowning. Zou’s immense weight and comparatively short stature caused him to sink so he had to use his trunk like a snorkel. Windie had an uncharacteristic love of the water for a fire type from growing up on an island, but his lustrous coat of fluff got matted down in a rather comedic display. Whenever Poe decided to enter and use the pool like a bird bath, the displacement caused by the Corviknight's massive size meant that Zeni had to replace the spilled water with a hydro pump. Still, despite any obstacles it was a thoroughly enjoyable time. So enjoyable in fact that Acacia had nearly lost track of the time sunbathing atop Zeni's floating back until he heard some people walking by on the beach talking about getting brunch.

"Shoot! Rotom what time is it? My flight's at noon." The suddenness he shot up with causing him to slide off the slick shell, creating a splash of water that woke his partner who had fallen into a light slumber. His phone came to life and hovered over him and displaying the analogue time. “11:30!? I gotta go!”

“Relax.” She half mumbled, still in a blissful daze while Acacia scrambled out of the pool. “What’s the big deal, you can catch a later flight. Plus I’m sure they won’t leave without Mr. Hotshot.”

“Well there aren’t a lot of flights that leave from the Battle Zone, anything else and I’d be looking at a few layovers. The battle is on the fifteenth, and I need five days for my ritual which means I need to get there today.” He rapidly began to towel off, ordering Windie and Poe to hit him with some heat and wind to accelerate the drying process.

“Five day ritual?”

“Yeah. Tonight I’ll land in Motostoke, get a good meal then camp in the Wild Area for some light training like the old days as a warm up. Then I’ll head to Wyndon for some high intensity battles and getting familiar with the stadium for day one. Day two will be a recovery day for the Pokémon while I study replays and strategies. Day three I’ll go back to the stadium and mess around with a bunch of different ideas. Day four I’ll probably try to visit Mustard and fine tune any new kits I think have potential, and day five I’ll take it easy and make any last adjustments. It’s the infallible ultimate trainer preparation guide: TREPP. Train, Review, Experiment, Practice, Perfect.” He made his way back inside while Zinnia followed close behind.

“Wow sounds pretty thought out. You should write a book.” She joked, “But I guess you need as much preparation as possible if you want to beat the best trainer in the world.”

The words reached Acacia inside his closet while he began to change. “That’s such a stupid thing to say.” He grumbled, pulling on a pair of graphite colored joggers in as grumpy of a manner as one can possibly put pants on. “You can’t seriously think he’s the best. He’s good for sure. Even great if he’s in Galar. But that’s the thing, if he was really the best he wouldn’t have to hide behind the home field advantage.”

He pulled on a white tee that was adorned with a small silver embroidery of Lunala- the mark of his friend’s fashion brand- and grabbed a light blue summer jacket off the hanger, accidentally bumping his dresser in the process and knocking a picture frame off the edge.

With reflexes that surprised himself the trainer snatched it out of the air with his free hand. Phew. Glad that didn’t break. He rotated the frame to inspect the image. His eight year old self was in pajamas jumping and cheering in front of the tv while a puppy Windie celebrated next to him. It was from his first year living on Cinnabar and Blaine had let him stay up past his bedtime to watch a legendary clash between rivals Red and Blue.

A soft smile pulled at his lips as he relived the memory. Never before had he seen such prowess. Blue’s incredible intellect and poise were matched only by Red’s limitless creativity and relentless passion. For weeks following the epic battle, Acacia had insisted people called him “Purple” citing that he wanted to be like a mix of those two when he grew up.

“You’re wrong.” He spoke to Zinnia once more, dulling the sharpness of his prior tone. “It’s been a while since Red and Blue dropped out of the public eye so people forgot about them in the new waves of hype, but Leon’s not even close. Hell, I’m not even close. There was just something special about them. They made it look so…effortless.”

“Jeez. You’re gonna make me jealous.” The draconid entered the room, taking the picture from Acacia’s hand and giggled at it before placing it back neatly on the dresser. “I was just kidding you know, you’re gonna kick his ass.”

“I know.”

While the boy finished putting on his jacket she took a step back to evaluate the outfit. Deciding something was missing she grabbed a white baseball cap and placed it on his head then hung a pair of clubhouse style sunglasses with a turtle shell frame from the neck of his shirt.

“I like it when you get all defensive though. Plus now I know who you were thinking about last night.” She pulled him in close to straighten out the wrinkles on his jacket. “…how long until you have to leave?”

Distracted by her sudden advancements, Acacia couldn’t formulate a clever response to her jab. “Uh, 10 minutes maybe? But that’d be cutting it pretty close.”

“Perfect…” A sly smirk adorned her face and she pulled him in even tighter, now whispering in his ear “…if you keep thinking about your man crushes then we’ll have seven minutes to cuddle.”

“Oh that was evil.” He pushed her off of him and the duo began to burst out laughing upon realizing how miserably he fell for the setup.

“I… hehe...I can’t believe you bought that!” Zinnia spoke first as her laughter faded into a chuckle. “For a guy raised by a scientist you’re pretty gullible!”

“Yeah well for a girl who was raised by dragons you.. uh…” Quite optimistically, Acacia had just assumed the end of the retort would hit him as he spoke, but in the end he just stood there fumbling for words.

“I what? Come on, spit it out. For a girl who was raised by dragons… what?” She egged him on further.

“I don’t know. You just suck!” They continued to laugh together while Acacia made his way over to the door. He kicked on a pair of white high tops and headed outside. “Well thanks for making this goodbye easy, I was actually starting to worry I was gonna miss you.”

“Yeah well next time get me a smoothie and I’ll play nice.”

“Fair enough.” He chuckled, returning all his Pokémon except Pichu and Corviknight. “You gonna be here when I get back?” He looked over his shoulder as he mounted the steal bird.

“Depends. I’d only wanna wait around for a winner. I feel like I need a guy who’s in the masters eight.”

“Oh, so you’ll definitely be here then.” He lightly tapped Poe’s side with his foot to initiate flight. “See you soon guys! You better be ready for celebratory smoothies when I get back!” Hovering just above his roof, Acacia shouted one last goodbye to Zinnia and his four Pokémon that remained behind before shooting into the skies.

—— June 9th- Motostoke Wild Area Entrance, Galar. Acacia Song, Rank 9
The rest of the journey was pretty uneventful. Poe got him to the airport just in time, and being a client of interest he was able to skip the formalities and arrive at his seat at the front of the plane a few minutes before takeoff. He exchanged a few words out of courtesy with the fan sitting next to him, but then decided to sleep to avoid as much jet lag as possible. Upon landing he put his sunglasses on, pulled his hat low, tied a bandage around Giza’s ear to conceal her recognizable spikes, and avoided recognition the best he could as he walked through the busy city. However, the downside of keeping a low profile was that he couldn’t use his reputation to get into any of the crowded restaurants. That wasn’t much of a concern though, since he opted to have Poe fly back to his apartment in Circhester to drop off a few things and pick up his camping gear while Acacia shopped for some curry ingredients like the old days.

The trip didn’t take too long for the bird praised for being a descendant of the finest line of sky cabs, and by the time Acacia was ready to descend down the large stone staircase into the Wild Area, the Corviknight was already comfortably resting back in his Ultra Ball.

“Huh, just like old times.” He turned his head to speak with the Pichu perched on his shoulder. He stared out into the vast Wilderness the same way he had six years ago before he began his training with Alder, only this time the grand obstacles of his past were nothing more than warm ups.

With the sky starting to darken as it began its transition into evening, Acacia could make out numerous beams of light piercing the clouds as they shot up from dens. Electricity coursed through his veins and he clenched his fist with excitement.

“Whatdaya say girl, wanna get into some trouble?”

“Pipi!” Sparks flickered from Giza’s cheeks, lightly shocking her trainer as she crackled with energy.

He smiled. “Me too.”

Last edited:

Reina cheered as the Cross Chop landed, hitting the Flaffy on its shoulders. The damage they took to close in on their opponent had worked wonders and now their rival had given them another opportunity.

"We can handle being slow, but can you handle being stuck in one move? Encore!"

Blue Demon removed his hands from the electric type and began clapping his hands together in a cheerful manner while the cotton covered parts of his body.

Sharp had started panicking when they had stepped foot in the cave. Sounds of rage had been going through the cave, as a

"Something's going on, and it's not good."

At that point fire started coming towards him, he found a nearby rock in the den to hide behind. He hid behind the rock and pulled his Absol from the flames, returning her, as he threw a pokeball, red with a blue star. Volcarona popped out with a happy demeanor, but went into action as soon as it saw the flames, using Fiery Dance to protect himself and his trainer from the attack.

"Volcarona, be careful, a Wild Hydreigon is in this area." Firey responded to his Pokémon.

Volcarona prepared for combat when he heard about that. He then prepared for a Quiver Dance.

“As you wish! Spore ‘em then get outta there.”

While a lesser, more inexperienced trainer might’ve been flustered by Encore, Claire was no spring chicken. Since she was stuck into Cotton Spore, she immediately began to make the best use of it. Chysa staggered from the devastating cross chop but hearing her trainer’s call she released a second round of spores before retreating.

Thursday, June 9 – West Lake Axewell, Galar Region​

The sounds of rage grew louder and louder after the failed attempt to scorch the trainer and his Pokémon from the face of the earth. In a matter of seconds, they were deafening, loud enough to shake the cave. It was the boom of a «Hyper Voice» attack and not only was it shaking the cave, but it was causing the cave to collapse!

In the confines of the cave, it would be near impossible to avoid the reverberating Hyper Voice and if Fiery wasn’t careful, the stalactites that fell from the ceiling would impale him where he stood. His Pokémon weren’t safe from that fate either, as the cave’s ceiling began to collapse over them like a makeshift Rock Tomb.

Trainer Firey Argentston, Rank 20, Den D, Wild Area, Galar, Thursday June 9th

Firey had looked up when he heard the Hyper Voice, and rolled to the side of a Stalactite landing, as he grabbed two Pokeballs that would be able to help them out while finding the Hydreigon.

"Aggron, Metal Burst! Gigalith, Iron Head!"

The Rock and Steel type along side the Unovan native Rock type both popped out in time to hit the incoming cave ceiling, breaking an area around them and Volcarona.

"Both of you, use Iron Tail and Iron Head to clear out a path!"

The two started clearing the path as Firey and Volcarona pushed on as fast as they could.

"Don't let it escape, Blue!" Reina knew they had just sacrificed speed, but how much faster could a Flaffy be than a Hawlucha? "One more Cross Chop!"

Blue Demon tried to shake of some of the cotton attached to it. Upon hearing the instructions from his trainer, he spread his wings wide. He took aim at the Pokemon trying to get away from him and then proceeded to jump. He knew running after it wasn't the best option, but he can't fall slower from the sky, could he? The fighting typed leaped into the air as high as possible, crossed his arms in front of his chest and began diving towards the Flaffy. He stretched his arms forward in an X position as they began to glow, ready to crash with his Cross Chop in front of him.

Esther

Grass types! Often small, cute, and usually filled with deadly spores! They weren’t usually Esther’s style, except the deadly spores part—she thought that was pretty cool. However, Bounsweet lacked even that. It was a bulbous, helpless thing that, as a species, had taken being bullied as their life’s calling.

Or that’s what Bounsweet were supposed to be like... They were supposed to be helpless...right? This thing was supposed to be helpless...?

It moved across the plains with airy steps, bouncing...menacingly.

Below its stubby legs groaned a Tyrogue, gorging itself on dirt as the pink terror tottered over its back. It wasn’t the fruit’s only victim, merely one of three. The other two looked battered and bruised, jaws set in furious scowls.

The stand-off was broken as one of the Tyrogue rushed forward and threw a blindingly fast punch! It connected square on Bounsweet’s cheek, knocking the fruit for a loop.

The second Tyrogue rushed over for a tackle and Bounsweet responded with a saccharine dance. Tyrogue faltered; and for its mercy, took a spinning petal to the face. As it fell to the ground, dazed, Bounsweet pounced!

A blanket of dust concealed a fisticuff so fierce that Esther could see stars as the Pokémon collided.

When the dust settled the second Tyrogue lay crumpled. Bounsweet trampled it underfoot, chortling as the sweet scent of its perspiration filled the air. The scuffle with Tyrogue had not left the mangosteen Pokémon untouched, but as it basked above its defeated foe, the bruises it had sustained faded from sight.

Bounsweet turned to the last remaining Tyrogue and the Oblivian watched starry-eyed as the grass-type thoroughly trampled scuffle Pokémon. Oh dear, she was smitten.

Most birds would find it difficult to spread their wings and soar when said wings were covered in glue, Reina’s Hawlucha would discover a similar problem. With its wings icked up, its ability to control itself in the air had been reduced to near zilch. This was not something Claire would let slip by!

“Roll out the way and spore it to the ground!”

Chysa rolled away from her position, leaving a comfy blob of spores for Hawlucha to dive right into!

Thursday, June 9 – West Lake Axewell, Galar Region

By now Fiery’s figure was revealed to Hydreigon and likewise, he could not see it. This did nothing to abate its rage, however, in fact, this did the opposite. More furious growls came from the dragon-type as it shifted protectively in front of a pair of Deino. It snarled towards the approaching trainer—not a regular snarl, but a «Roar»—a move that would force his Pokémon to, however temporarily, return to their Pokéballs and leave him open to the still-falling debris!

Lara Brook - June 9th - Motostoke, Galar

Lara strolled along the stone brick path of Motostoke, the city known for its rich history and the industrial-era look it had. However, lately there has been a lot more buzz going around there since the World Coronation Series were going to take place there. That was the reason why Lara Brook found herself walking around this particular city. She had been hired by KENN, or Keen Eye News Network to report and to gather material on the upcoming event, as well as on any scoops or stories before it. She'd flown all the way from Unova, with some monetary help from the network with the tickets, but other than that she was pretty much on her own. She’d taken residency in Budew Inn, a nice accommodation for the duration of her stay. All she had to do was to report back on any interesting stories and provide material to the network's writers. Of course KENN would send out their proper crew for the WCS and to broadcast the event, but Lara's job was to gather material for the writers.

This gig provided her quite a lot of freedom, but for now she would have to be stationed at Motostoke until WSC was over in case any high ranking trainers would show up beforehand or something else interesting would happen in regards to the event. We're talking about high ranking trainers here.. the like top 10 trainers in the whole world, but the idea of going up to these master class trainers and probably being a nuisance by trying to ask questions and take pictures was quite scary for Lara. Well, there was no backing out of it now.. She was already in Galar and would have a semi stable revenue of money as long as she could report back to the station with something interesting. Oh how she would rather be out and exploring this new region, but sadly that thought had to stay a dream, for now at least.

The young woman let out a sigh, but soon a slight smile curled up as her eyes followed the little electric ghost that zipped around her in an excited manner. It was her partner pokemon, as well as her assistant photographer, Rotom, that jolted around in their default form. As fun as it would've been to let her partner go nuts with a camera, documenting their new surroundings, the memory card in their camera could only hold so much, and they had no time to play around right now. They were working! They were on a mission to find the next big scoop! Yeah, that's a more adventurous way of putting it.. Instead of just admitting that she was walking around aimlessly, trying to look for something where she had no idea where to even begin.

Last edited:
June 10, Friday - Route 32, Johto. Reina, current rank, 48,862

Blue Demon landed on the cotton left behind, the sticky substance limiting his moves even more. What had been an advantage had turned into a problem now. It was just a matter of seconds before the Encore effect wore off, which meant they had to go for an attack, hopefully one that could end the match.

"Show them your wrestling genes, use Detect to determine it's next move and then go for Submission!"

Blue Demon's eyes began to glow as it tried to determined where his opponent would move next. He moved as fast as he could towards the enemy, crouching down and ready to grab the Flaffy and throw it towards the water. The sticky floor made him struggle, but he just needed to reach his opponent that was almost at his reach.

Claire wanted to call for Chysa to evade once more, but the damage she’d taken from cross chop was really hindering her movements. As Hawlucha reached out to put the Flaaffy in a submission hold, Claire bit her lip. How could she avoid this move...did she...need to avoid this move?

A crafty gleam appeared in Claire’s eye.

“Chysa, Spore yourself and push it back!”

As Hawlucha rushed over to grab onto Flaaffy, the wooly pokemon would cotton spore itself, using the sticky spores to glue itself to Hawluchu. This would leave their opponent stuck in a wide-armed hug. Now stuck to Chysa and being pushed back into the sticky field of spores, Hawlucha wouldn’t be able to move enough to complete its submission, effectively preventing it from using the move!!

Of course, Claire had no plans to give up this perfect situation. She pumped her fists as she rapid-fired orders.

“Cotton Spore! Cotton Spore! Cotton Spore! Cotton Spore!”

Electric terrain has faded away, while unfortunate, this gave Claire a good sense of when Encore would end—likely in another turn or two. If Reina couldn’t figure her way out of this sticky situation, then she’d just signed Blue Demon up for one point-blank Discharge!

Trainer Firey Argentston, Rank 20, Den D, Wild Area, Galar, June 9th

Firey's Pokémon suddenly returned to their pokeballs. He realized what move that was.

"Roar, this is going to be tough."

Firey dodged whatever debris that were falling, as he held on to the pokeballs he was going to need. He was going towards a darker Era in his life, as he weaved through the falling rocks and such, but only barely. He knew he'd have to send his cloak back to Hoenn for a bit to get it repaired later. He set his X-Transceiver on auto message when he found a small shelter, with enough time to set the message to 'Dealing with a Hydreigon, will respond later.' He then dodged that falling, and prepared for his next move.

Reina bit her lower lip. They were stuck, literally actually, but her mind couldn't think of a way out. Blue Demon moved around trying to shake of the Flaffy. Reina looked around, watching the electric terrain disappear, she need a solution quick.

"Blue, you can do this, you're a great wrestler, there must be a move you can think off that I can't!"

Blue Demon, looked over his shoulder at his trainer. His mind wandered back to when they first met, then to them training with the older Hawlucha and how it was able to soar through the skies... he had it! Blue Demon spread his wings wide, bended his knees while Flaffy was attached to his torso. With all the strength he had, he jumped upwards. There was no need for Submission anymore. He let out a battle cry as they reached the peek of his jump and began falling downwards, Flaffy up front and Blue Demon still spreading his wings wide open, he was about to attempt to do his first Flying Press.

Esther

Esther licked her lips, ripping Pyrrha’s Pokéball off her waist and getting ready to—“BZZT~*—This is an urgent dispatch for all available units, we’ve got a situation—requesting back-up at coordinates..."

A holographic map unfurled, the arrow in the center identified Esther’s position and right next to her was the rapidly blinking coordinate! It only took a moment for things to click in Esther’s head.

“Oh no! Wynter! Houndour!”

The ranger must’ve encountered something! Tearing her gave away from Bounsweet, Esther broke into a sprint. She needed to get over there!

- - - - - -

The broadcast was a special tool, one highly relied upon by officers, trainers, and local officials. It allowed one to radio-broadcast messages to multiple parties in the area and, if they knew what they were doing, they could even broadcast to specific trainers based on some criteria.

Wynter’s distress signal and the subsequent announcement had been set to target only the devices of on-duty officers, Esther, and a number of high-ranking trainers in the area. Right now that included Maze Guardian Fiery Argentston and one Acacia Song.

The situation flipped in an instant, from its position nearly submerged in Cotton Spores the enemy Hawlucha had somehow found the strength to take to the air, bringing Chysa with it as it came down in a Flying Press.

Already suffering from the earlier Cross Chop, Flaaffy had already reached her limit, fainting as she impacted the ground. Claire gawked for but a moment as the spores began to disappear. Eventually, she sighed and returned her Pokémon. It was her loss.

“That’s a strong Pokémon, powering through all those Cotton Spores.” For a moment, Claire paused. “It was a close match, but we won’t lose next time.”

With that declaration, Claire turned and walked away. Next time things would be different.

Thursday, June 9 – West Lake Axewell, Galar Region

Hydreigon growled as the human evaded disaster once more, dark thoughts began to swirl as she «Nasty Plot» also preparing to end the human once and for all.

Reina was astonished by the results of the match, even she didn't expect her Hawlucha to somehow come out on top, almost literally. She took a few seconds to grasp the situation before letting out a loud cheer. Blue Demon stood up and dusted himself clean, making sure there was no left over cotton on his wings and then turned towards Reina with a thumbs up.

"The winner is Reina Cortez, new rank... calculating... calculating... 45,547."

"Did you hear that Blue? We're in the forty five thousands!" Reina welcomed her Pokemon back to her side with a high five and then waved towards Claire, who was already to walking away. "Thanks for the battle!"

Reina made her way back to the small crowd that had gathered for the tournament that night. They had all began to set up camp, not wanting to venture into the route on their own or in the dark. This was the perfect opportunity for the young trainer to meet new friends. She spent the night talking about her home town and how the school system was different from theirs. They also exchanged numbers, compared their strategies and even came up with new ones for those that were struggling to win any matches at the time. The setting was perfect and Reina couldn't be happier, she was on a winning streak and she planned to keep it going until she became champion, nothing could possible stop her.