• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Trainer Firey Argentston, Rank 20, Den D, Wild Area, Galar, Thursday June 9th

Firey's Pokéballs opened back up, allowing Sharp, Gigalith, Aggron, and Volcarona out, Sharp was brought out for detecting any possible disasters, as Aggron and Gigalith started clearing a path, Volcarona was ready for anything.

"Volcarona, we need to prepare, Quiver Dance."

The Bug and Fire type danced, with a green glow, as red sparkles appeared around it.

"Gigalith, Aggron, be ready, we'll need you to clear a path if This Hydreigon goes for us." Firey responded to his Pokémon, "Sharp, take my six."

The Absol took the behind, and looked around, her disaster detecting ability would go off if something went wrong. Aggron and Gigalith were clearing Debris in the immediate area of their trainer.

June 11, Saturday - Route 32, Johto. Reina, current rank, 45,547.

Reina looked at her reflection on the surface of the lake. The sun had begun to rise and that meant her journey had to continue. She made sure to send a message to Penny of course, didn't want her friend coming looking for her and getting lost. She was still enjoying her victory from the day before, her rank had gone up by a lot, something that was a first for her. She smiled as she used the reflection of the lake as a mirror while she adjusted her hair into a ponytail.

"Let's go Diva, we gotta get to Violet."

The duo began their walk after giving their new friends a goodbye smile and wave. The fresh morning air made them feel motived to push forward. The view was astonished as the sun sent it's first few beams of light, which bounced of the crystal water. Reina took in a deep breath and looked up at the sky.

"I can't wait to get to the next gym. I feel we have a really good team for it. Don't you agree?"

Diva looked up at her trainer, who wasn't even looking at her! So why should she answer? She just shrugged and continued to walk along. Despite not really being a battler herself, Diva had always been confident in her skills. She knew her team relied heavily on her support during long battles, live the one back in the cave. Sadly, she couldn't do much in a one on one situation. But she knew Reina would never put her in such predicament. This didn't stop her from boasting to her fellow teammates about her perfect win record, even though all those were won in double matches, where she had others do the heavy lifting while she just healed.

"I think I should start with Maya, then go with Lapras in the middle and if things get tough, finish it off with either Peque or King, depends on the situation." Reina finally looked down at her Clefairy. "I hope you don't feel left out, I just know you don't like getting dirty in battles."

After a few hours of walking along the path towards Violet city, Reina and Diva decided to take a quick break for brunch. They both sat down under the shadow of a few pine trees. Reina took the chance to let her team out for a bit. Blue Demon quickly convinced King to help him train, Peque and Lapras decided to take a nap under the trees and Diva, to Reina's surprise, was talking none stop with Maya. The Metztli trainer smiled proudly as she prepared to enjoy a nice Sandwich.

Lara Brook - June 9th - Motostoke, Galar

After wallowing sufficiently in her thoughts, Lara put her focus more on the real world. Her hands clutched her satchel strap as her gaze wandered around the surroundings. Rotom doing pretty much the same and continued to zip around, but a lot less erratic compared to a few moments ago. It didn't take long until the pair noticed an abnormal amount of police officers going in and out of the city. Now, Lara didn't know if this was really something unusual or if Motostoke had just an oddly active police force, but it was enough to pique her interest.

"Rotom what do you think?" Lara asked the electrical specter and a grin immediately appeared and quickly zipped into the satchel that their trainer carried and after some shuffling the pokemon jumped out of the bag, but assuming another form. The poltergeist had taken possession of a camera that had specifically been assigned for their use. Excitedly the pokemon buzzed, rotating the objective in and out playfully.

"Alright.. Let's go then," Lara smiled at her partner, trying to appear more brave than how she actually felt and equipped her own camera as well. Rotom leading the way the two made their way to the passageway leading over to Lake Axewell and there seemed to be quite the number of officers buzzing around there. One of them noticing Lara, "I'm sorry ma'am, but we strongly recommend you to stay out of the wild area for the time being,"

Bingo. Something report-worthy was definitely happening there, but they had to get there. Oh, but Lara remembered that she could probably get out by pulling out the 'I'm a reporter' card.
"Uh- well.. You see I'm a reporter," She began, but remembered that she needed to properly introduce herself and tell what network she's working for, "I'm Lara Brook. A reporter working for the Keen Eye News Network," she continued with a nervous crack in her voice as she shuffled in her bag to show the officer her press card which had a neck strap attached to it.

"Alright then, just stay out of trouble," the officer said and stepped aside. Lara gave a nod and put on the neck strap with the card hanging from it. Figuring that she would probably need to use it a number of times and just making it more convenient to show that she was an actual reporter. Maybe it was the amount of officers going in and out, but Lara could feel herself become more nervous, but to her dismay Rotom already bolted out from the gateway and floated down the stairs and into the wild area. "Rotom! Ah- Wait!" Lara then sprinted to try and catch up with her pokemon, being careful on the stairs, but still trying to quickly go down them. Rotom waited at the bottom, happily bouncing around in the air as they waited for their trainer. "Ack- Rotom be careful. Don't go just bolting around.." Lara said, criticizing her assistant's actions, but the Rotom simply grinned. Lara sighed, but seeing the spectre's mischievous smile made her own lips curl up into a slight smile. Taking a look around her gaze wandered around the vast open wilderness. If she could, she would very much rather just go out and explore the surrounding nature, but right now she had to be a reporter.

Scanning around some more, Lara spotted a group of officers. They had to start somewhere. "Well, that looks like a promising start," said the young reporter, clutching her camera but turned to look at her pokemon, "Rotom please don't go bolting off then. Just stay by my side for now, alright?" and the electric spirit gave a little 'vzzzt' in agreement. Lara tried to take their word for it, but knowing her assistant she couldn't help but worry that Rotom would still end up zipping off somewhere. However, she tried her best to put on a determined face and began to walk over to the officers' that were securing the perimeters around the den.

Esther
Thursday, June 9 – East Lake Axewell, Galar Region​

Between breaths, Esther cursed her fitness or lack thereof. A few years ago and she wouldn’t have broken a sweat but alas! She pinched at her stomach, wondering where it all went wrong, and the traitorous flab recounted the last few years of more teaching than dancing and maybe a few more slices of pizza than were strictly necessary. Why did everything that tasted so good have to be so unhealthy?

She heard it before she saw it. Heavy wingbeats and the growing shadow of a massive bird. Esther tensed as the creature swooped next to her and for a moment she marveled at her reflection in its glossy wings. Then her eyes were drawn upward, following the voice of its rider who offered her a lift.

Esther hesitated, the emotion-driven desire to reach her Houndour as quickly as possible warring against rational caution. The struggle knitted her brows but it didn’t take long for her to grasp his hand and clamber onto his Pokémon’s back. If even a top ranger like Wynter had sent out a distress signal, then there was no time to waste!

She secured herself with tense grips and urged her chauffeur onward.

“Please hurry.”

Thursday, June 9 – West Lake Axewell, Galar Region

Hydreigon waited patiently, while the trainer managed to stay alive despite her efforts, he hadn’t managed to escape her trap! While he cleared the debris around him, protecting himself and his Pokémon, the entrance to the cave had begun to collapse. Then as the light was blocked off the cave was plunged into darkness—Hydreigon’s element!

Without warning she launched a «Dark Pulse», knowing the attack would be practically invisible in the cavernous dark!

National Park, Johto
"Oh sure, uh, Politoed can you give a hand." Desmond mused, as he had been happy to let his partner help with this as it allowed him to help but also meant he needed not move closer to the other Pokemon present.

Politoed waved back to the Sliggo and once Desmond had given the command used a controlled water gun as it had began to wash away the slime that Sliggo used to wipe away the graffiti and made sure that the fountain had been nice and clean. And it seemed to work well far as Desmond had been concerned.

"Well, the detective seems to be up to speed on the guy, and everthing here seems to be fixing itself up. So that's good..." Desmond mused as he rubbed his shoulder, he had not talked to people as often as he'd like so making small talk had not been a strong suit.

"There seems to be a bug Catching Contest on the fourteenth, maybe we should go to it, it would be an opportunity for you as well as me to get a rotation Pokémon." Emma responded, "Goldenrod City is just down the path from here, follow the route, and we're there."

Emma had been finishing up the cleaning, with the help of several Pokémon, the water types returned, but happy this time as their hangout place had been restored. As Emma got out of the fountain, the water types got to work on restoration of the water as best as they could.

"Desmond, look, happy water types!'

-----

Trainer Firey "Maze Guardian" Argentston, Rank 20, Den D, Wild Area, Galar on June 9th

Sharp had sensed potential Disaster, and barked panicky at her Trainer.

"Volcarona, Fiery Dance."

The Bug and Fire type dance, lighting itself on fire as it lit up the cave, or at least the area around Volcarona. A Dark Pulse had flown towards Firey, but Aggron grabbed on to his cloak and pulled him back, realizing what Sharp had sensed.

"Thanks on the Save, Aggron, Sharp."

Volcarona suddenly had red sparkles preparing for anything, he then prepared for combat.

"Aggron, Gigalith, defensive, Sharp take the back, Volcarona, be ready, this is close."

The group prepared for anything, moving slowly.

National Park, Johto (June 8th)

"A bug catching contest?" Desmond asked, a slight shiver had gone up his spine at that, and true part of the reason he had come to Johto was their famed contest where he'd have a chance to get some images of various bug types in one location, but still being advised to add to his party had caused that unconscious reaction.

"W-well I am not a Trainer in that I need a full team..." Desmond had begun sheepishly. "...h-however I did plan to attend the contest anyway for some good pictures so I would not protest going with you." Desmond said as he seemed to agree to Emma's offer.

"Politoed!"

Desmond's attention snapped as Emma and his own Politoed had looked at the Pokemon who returned happily to the fountain, and as Politoed clapped happy at the sight even someone like Desmond could not help but smile as he on reflect grasped the locket around his neck.

I'm sure you would've loved to see this yourself, Alvin...

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
Trainer Rank: 99,999
Thursday, June 9th, 2022
Motostoke City, Galar Region

Upon reaching the battlefield area, Wilford noticed a plethora of Pokémon battles occurring simultaneously. Since every field was being used, he would have to wait until a spot opened up. Fortunately, the well-dressed young man wouldn’t have to wait for nothing, since one of the Café’s workers noticed him and approached him to help.

“Hello! You’re here for a 3v3 battle?” The worker, this time a young lady, seemed to put more of an effort to be welcoming to the Café’s patrons, though Wilford could tell that the enthusiasm was mandated rather than encouraged.

“Yes, though it seems like I will have to wait for a field to open,” Wilford replied with resignation as his eyes scanned the fields to see if any opened up, though it seemed that his claim remained true.

“Were you trying to earn points for the World Coronation Series when battling or are you just battling for the fun of it?” The worker’s question caused Wilford to raise an eyebrow, questioning the relevance of the question but deciding to play along.

“Yes…I would like to earn points to add towards my trainer rank. Why do you ask..?” Confusion dripped from Wilford’s every word, with his lowered tone unintentionally mildly intimidating the worker before she regained her composure.

“Well, we offer two battle areas, one for WCS ranked battles and the other for unranked battles. Most people come here for food and a good time, but if you turn around, you can find the people that want to move up in the ranks.” Though her previous chipper attitude had dissipated, she remained calm and directed Wilford to the competitive battlefields. Though there were still battles occurring, there were actual openings to be filled. Nodding without smiling, the young man glanced at his briefcase before walking over to one of the fields that already had a trainer looking for a battle.

“Damn, I thought I came to a café, not a diner. Feeling a little underdressed for the occasion.” The trainer, a blonde teenage girl, joked as Wilford walked onto the field. The young man raised an eyebrow as he opened the briefcase that contained his Pokémon but said nothing until he grasped Grookey’s Pokéball.

“Clothes reflect character. I wear a suit to establish a sense of dignification while you wear a flower-print skirt to show that you’ve never left preschool,” The well dressed young man disinterestedly glanced at his Pokéball as he insulted his opponent. Predictably, this caught the girl off guard, and if Wilford took time to look at her, he would see that she seemed torn between crying and throwing a Pokéball at his face. Ultimately, her judgment led to her doing neither, as she opted to simply send out her first Pokémon: a Combee. Wilford made no attempt to laugh at her choice, though the laughter was short lived given his own choice to send out Grookey. When the Chimp Pokémon hit the field, a pair of rings expanded outward from his body, causing the battlefield to glow a bright green. This was the manifestation of Grookey’s ability: Grassy Surge, which was gained as a result of the meticulous breeding that his father requested.

“Let’s get started,” With a slight smirk on Wilford’s face and a scowl on his opponent’s the battle had begun.

Esther

She’d made a mistake. Several mistakes.

Esther had judged that the kind stranger who’d offered her a lift and even had the grace to help her up would’ve continued to exude such grace throughout their ride. She was wrong. All semblance of calm and certainty vanished the second thy were off the ground. Whooping and Hollering, the man immediately showed his true colors. He was a fucking maniac. Trusting him was her first mistake.

Her second mistake had been trying to get a grip on him. By the holy trinity, the madman had almost thrown her overboard! She had almost screamed! And that was her third mistake.

Their rapid rise had choked out her scream in its infancy; the rushing wind and her rising panic left her pale-faced and gasping. And after the near trauma he’d put her through, he had the audacity to casually ask her name.

Get. Me. OFF this thing!”

The Hydreigron grew frustrated. The man was saved over and over again by his Pokémon. She’d deal with them first! Her gleaming red eyes focused on the beacon in the darkness, Volcarona. A beat of her six wings and she was silently flying, a perk of her ability Levitate. She stuck to the cave’s walls, lurching through the shadows cast by Volcarona’s flames.

Without warning, she aimed a «Dragon Pulse» right at the Sun Pokémon’s side.

Esther

Regret. Never before had Esther ever felt such deep regret. Not even that one time she’d set the farm on fire...but that was a close second. Of all the things he could’ve done and which she'd have expected, pulling them both to their death hadn’t been one of them.

If she’d simply been uneasy before, now she was absolutely terrified. As her breath caught in her throat, the wind whipping through her hair was almost enough to drown out the psychopath’s voice.

“You might not believe it from the look of me, but I’m actually a pretty good trainer!”

'Bullshit!'
And if she hadn’t been preoccupied with her rapidly approaching demise, she would’ve told him exactly what she thought about his ‘I’m a pretty good trainer’ and exactly where he could shove it. Instead, she settled for internally lambasting the man with every curse, slur, and swear she knew; and, while none of that helped her present situation, she sure felt a whole lot better. Or at least she did until she looked down and remembered she was plummeting to her death.

Thankfully, moments away from a piney grave, his Pokémon swept under them. With solid ground? bird? Whatever, with something under her feet, Esther drew desperate heaves in a futile effort to catch her breath.

Esther stared wide-eyed as the man calmly went on to lecture her about trust between trainer and Pokémon. When he was done, she only had one response—“I see that you’re bat-shit insane!”

The Pokéball at her waist shook and, as if accentuating her point, Pyrrha emerged, her jaws snapping towards the arm Acacia used to hold Esther.

Last edited:

Montagne Khastil - Unranked - June 9th, Night - Lumiose City, Kalos

Maybe this kid's got bigger balls than I thought, Monty pondered as his quarry suddenly stopped and turned to face him. Most of the time when Monty found himself chasing someone they at least ran themselves into a corner before trying the confident routine, yet the kid spun around well before the criminal would've caught him.

Then again, maybe Monty was the one who had backed himself into a corner. He followed the kid's eyes as they darted around to the myriad bystanders, and the criminal mentally kicked himself as he realized how bad of a look it was for him to be chasing this bruised kid down Hibernal Avenue. The criminal came to a stop a few paces from the kid as he stammered out his question, and Monty threw his hands up in a placating gesture as he answered, "I'm not going to do anything. I just want to ask a couple questions."

Oracle's claws scratched at the cobblestones in annoyance as she waited for her trainer to make a move, clearly annoyed that they had stopped running when her chance to fight was right in front of them. She fixed Monty with a glare and activated her ability briefly, and he turned to shoot her a look of his own that said, "Not now."

The criminal swiveled his head and surveyed the area. He'd let the kid run him all the way to Hotel Richissime, and the foot traffic would work against him if the kid bolted again. Monty looked back at the kid and pointed to the hotel, saying, "Let's talk in there."

"A bug catching contest?" Desmond asked, a slight shiver had gone up his spine at that, and true part of the reason he had come to Johto was their famed contest where he'd have a chance to get some images of various bug types in one location, but still being advised to add to his party had caused that unconscious reaction.

"W-well I am not a Trainer in that I need a full team..." Desmond had begun sheepishly. "...h-however I did plan to attend the contest anyway for some good pictures so I would not protest going with you." Desmond said as he seemed to agree to Emma's offer.

"Politoed!"

Desmond's attention snapped as Emma and his own Politoed had looked at the Pokemon who returned happily to the fountain, and as Politoed clapped happy at the sight even someone like Desmond could not help but smile as he on reflect grasped the locket around his neck.

I'm sure you would've loved to see this yourself, Alvin...

"That's great, so I wont be alone," Emma responded, "We cleaned up the fountain, you okay?"

Emma had gotten Drampa out, and took a seat, it had been a long day, trying to stop a criminal, and clean up the crime after the Director got the photo before they got to work. She looked at Desmond, and so did Drampa, but the Normal and Dragon type was confused. She then calmed down the normal and Dragon type, making sure it didn't use its ability.

------

Trainer Firey Argentston, Rank 20, Den D, Wild Area, Galar, June 9th

Volcarona was clipped by a surprise Dragon Pulse that Sharp didn't even pick up. The Sun Pokémon the looked where that came from.

"Wherever that Dragon Pulse came from, Bug Buzz!"

The Fire and Bug Type fired off several green rings where that Dragon Pulse came from, as Aggron, Gigalith and Sharp prepared a defensive formation.

National Part, Johto (June 8th)
"Suppose company could be helpful..." Desmond admitted to himself, though the feel-good moment had been somewhat muddled when Emma brought out that Drampa which caused Desmond to shift back on reflex as he cursed to himself before catching his breath. Don't be lame, don't be lame just a...friendly dragon...

Course Politoed had been a bit more friendly and open, and when Drampa moved down with Emma it happily bounced to them as it waved to the Dragon/Normal-Type. "Politoed~!" (Hello there, nice to meet you!)

Lara Brook - June 9th - West Lake Axewell

As Lara made her way towards the officers, her determination quickly haltered when they shifted her focus onto her. Learning from the previous encounter the young reporter lifted up her press card, "Uhm- I'm a reporter from KENN..” she began introducing herself, but was honestly at a loss on what she should say next.

“Well you guys are certainly quick,” One of the cops said, but didn’t seem to pay much attention to the newcomer as his eyes continued to scan the area. Lara threw a quick and confused glance at Rotom, but they returned the look with similar confusion.

“I’ll tell you this now, but don’t go any closer to the den behind us. It’s a dangerous area, so please don’t go trying to snap photos over there or anything,”

“Y-yeah. I’ll stay put here. No worries-” Lara tried to crack a quick smile before she turned to her satchel. Still confused by what the policeman first said to her, but then remembered that the police may message networks and such about possible reporting material. She went to check her phone, but she was already here and she’d have at least something she could present the writers with. She took out a little notebook and a pen as well as a small microphone she could connect to her phone to record the interview she was due to make with the officer. The thought made her a bit nervous and apparently there was something dangerous just a bit forward and all the other thoughts of doing the report, being in a new unfamiliar region was honestly quite a lot. To try and ease her nerves even a little bit, Lara took a little step back and turned to the Rotom.

“Rotom mind holding the microphone?” and the ghost inhabiting the camera accepted the task. Clipping the device to the little wrist strap that the camera had, Rotom floated into position between their trainer and the officer and Lara clicked the button on her phone to begin recording.

“Uh- well then.. Officer, could you explain in short what’s happening here by Lake Axewell?” she asked as she scribbled down a shortened version of her question.

“Well, things are still in development, but in short there has been a rampaging Hydreigon attacking humans as well as pokemon that get close to its den. We theorize that it’s become more agitated due to it trying to protect its young and the combination of the increased number of trainers in the area who are here to see the WCS,”

Lara tried her best to keep up with the officer’s pace. If things were still in development that could explain why KENN hadn’t sent anything yet. But a rampaging Hydreigon? That was quite unsettling to find out and the reporter took yet another step back without really thinking. The notes weren’t quite the cleanest, but she’d have at least the recording to listen back to when writing the report and she found the slightest bit of comfort in knowing that.

“O-oh- A Hydreigon?” Lara asked, but this question was quite redundant and the officer simply nodded. She took a few seconds to try her best to come up with any follow-up questions.

“Well- Uh, what’s your plan in dealing with this situation then?”

“We have a top ranking trainer helping us with handling the situation. A good old fashioned battle should quell the dragon. Right now we’re out keeping watch over the secured area that no un-experienced trainer stumble here thinking that they can quell the dragon-type and needlessly get into trouble,”

Scribbling down some resemblance of the policeman’s reply, Lara looked up since she somehow felt like it had been directed at her, but this was just her mind twisting the words of the officer. After all, she wasn't even a proper trainer and only had her Rotom. Who in their right mind would go and challenge such a ferocious pokemon without extensive trainer knowledge and powerful pokemon by their side. She nervously chuckled even though there wasn't anything to laugh at, “S-so.. Anything else you’d like to add?” she asked, not really knowing what to specifically ask at this point. Things were still developing like the officer said, so it would be expected that there wouldn’t be much more to note down on at this point. Or… then it was just Lara’s awkwardness trying to push her to be done with the interview already.

The officer thought for a moment, but shook his head.

“... That’s all I had in mind for now… I think… Uhm- I’ll be around the area photographing then if you don’t mind,”

“I don’t see any issue with it, as long as you stay away from the den. For your own safety,”

"Yes- Of course," she replied adamantly and quickly afterwards began cleaning up. Shutting off the recording and taking the little microphone away from her Rotom. Immediately they zipped excitedly around their trainer after just statically hovering and waiting. After all, they'd soon get to focus on the photography part of their job. The part where Lara was at least somewhat confident in her skills.

Esther
Thursday, June 9 – Galar Region​

Finally on the ground, Esther scrambled to get some distance. She held the bristling dragon tight in her arms; the drake had more bite than was good for her and Esther didn’t want to antagonize the man into another homicidal act.

And he was certainly some kind of homicidal. In fact, she couldn’t even fathom what he was. Words and even coherent thought eluded her; scrambled by the shock of her experiences and the absurdity of his words.

Seconds trickled by uneasily, Pyrrha’s low growls filling the otherwise silent air. Esther agreed with Pyrrha, whoever this guy was he was bad news, and she didn’t like him one bit.

As the face-off continued, tension drained from the Oblivian, helped by the pleasant touch of Pyrrha’s feathers; but where Esther calmed Pyrrha stirred. Growls grew to snarls and then a thrash.

Alarmed, Esther decided that leaving was probably her best course of action. Checking the beacon once more, she took off. She quickly broke into a jog, the more distance the better.

Though Esther held tight, Pyrrha continued to thrash. Suddenly, a sharp pain lanced through her arm and the girl shrieked. She dropped her Pokémon and cradled her arm, the feeling of slickness told her that she was bleeding.

“You...you bit me!”

She glared at Jangmo-o; the Pokémon was nonplussed.

After all the madness that’d occurred today, Esther found herself thoroughly exasperated.

“Return!”

With Jangmo-o safely back in its ball, Esther inspected her wound. It wasn’t bad, the blood smear looked worse than the wound itself. She’d be fine, just needed to get to Wynter.

The mother Hydreigon groaned and paused for a moment, clearly wounded.

A sound-based move, «Bug Buzz» proved incredibly difficult to dodge; bouncing off the cavernous walls it made a terrible noise. On top of being super-effective, the move was both fast and far-reaching, lending its range and spread to its ability to hit multiple targets at once.

They were almost drowned out by Hydreigon’s groans, soft pained cries that were cut off as soon as they’d started. Hydreigon snapped to attention, catching the weak cries as they were snuffed out; the weak cries of baby Deino caught in the crossfire.

"S̸̡̛͇͚̺̞̬͖̟̈̀̊͑̑̽͆͌̓̃̾͒̍̃̔̄̓̿̄̅̽̀̿̕͠͠ͅC̷̢̘͎̳̣̤̟̬̜̗̠̠͇̜̬̙̗͍͛͊̍̇̔̀̿̋̇̑̔̈́̍̔́̑̕R̶̨̧̗̤̳̭̙̹̟̣̺̰̪̜̥̠͚̤̖̩̫̠̱̟̼̠͍̘͇̼̫̰̪͔͚̘̟͙̻̼̥̟̹̳͓͖͙̥̙̤̪̹͈̗̊͛͝ͅR̷̢̧̨͍̝̰̜̯̯̭̤̫͚̩͍̱͕̭͕̭͓̤̺͍͓̹̼̠̰̟̫̫̻̞̭̰̦͍̗̲͔̜̖̣͖̃̂̇̀͊̃̎̎̽̅͊̏̇͒͐̿̎̽̊̈́̃̍̀͌̀̈̒̑͛̓͗̎̊͂̕͘͝͝͝ͅR̷̢̢̡̳͔̥̖͍̱̱̪̘͚̭̣͎͉͇͓͚̄̈́̅͌̒̈́̍͛̆̈́͋̒̆̒̿̐̑̾̾͗̈̏̇̓̏͑̇̍̋͌̎̃̊̆̾̾̆̊̓̄̐̓̌̀̒͛́̓͗̌̈́͗̓̌̚̕͠͠͝Ḛ̶̢̧̧̗͍͇͖̖̺͔͎̼̜̳̙̪̞̞̲̰̲̘̻̦̹̜̦̟̭͕̮͚̹͖̝̟͖̯̭̰̹̩̖̰̞͓̲̹̤̱͇̭͖̇̈́͑̎͊̀̆͐͌͛́̑̈́̏͛̂͛͌̿͂̐̐͛̆̽͒͂̾̄͑̓͘̕͠͝ͅͅE̶̡̢̢̛̛̪̤͉̹̠̬̮̪̘̺͔̩̣̝͖̩̟̱͚̟̤̜͖͕͇̪̯͚͓̱͕͇̯͈͎͔͎͔̝̬̭̻̞͊͌̃̐̑̿̍̀̽̔̒̅̄͊̀͘͜͜͠͝ͅĖ̸̡̡̛̛̖̘̝̥̫͉͓̠̘͓͉͓̮̖̤̾̾́͂̈̈́̓̆́̉̑̿̓̈́̆͑͛̈́̐̍̊̽̈́̌͘̚͘͠͠Ȩ̴̨̢͖̟̥͍̗̝̱͍̻͚̮̠͍̟̖̹̞̝̭͈̦̲̯͇̰̯͇͍̼̳̗̝̩̜̥̩̙͈͓͎̠͙̫̠̣̬̹̤̦̟̲̿̑͑̈́̉̈́̑̂́͂̇̃̊͆̃́͂̐͑̊̊̈́͂̿͋̓̌́̊̒̆̽͘̚͜͜͜͜͜͝͠͠ͅͅÊ̶̡̡̨̡̧̧̛̺̟͓̳̫̮͖̫̤̺̩̲̲̤͔̲̖̙̫̼̹̦͓̠̻̯̦̰͖̭͔̠̼̙̱̊̽͂́̏̀̑̐̋̽́̀͐̋͒̓̕͜͠ͅË̶͙́̋̉͌̈́̅̆͊͌̔͑̕͘"

If Hydreigon had been enraged before, then now she was apoplectic! Her wails filled the cave, louder even than the «Hyper Voice» from earlier. The cry echoed for miles, as Pokémon—even those well beyond the police’s perimeter perked up and scattered in fear.

Deep within the den, as if responding to a mother’s sorrow, crimson lights began to pour from the cracks and crevices.

As Hydreigon rushed towards Fiery and his party, her body grew and grew...and grew. It was clear that if they didn’t get out of the cave and out of Hydreigon’s way (and fast!), they’d be crushed to death by the dynamaxing Pokémon.

Firey immediately had spotted something growing, and realized this was what Emma had called Dynamaxing, and this Hydreigon was doing so against him. This was going to be a tough one as Aggron and Gigalith blew an exit in the side of the cave as he followed, telling his team to be ready for anything as this Pokemon made its own Hyper Voice seem soft. Firey's X-Transceiver went off, saying that Ariana had called six times. He sent a message saying 'Wild Hydreigon was pissed off, trying to deal with it now.' He then prepared for a much tougher combat.

"Aggron, have the police expand the Radius, Sharp, I'll need you on Disaster detecting, Gigalith, make sure no Civilians get near this place, Volcarona, we're fighting this, Quiver Dance, and follow it up with Bug Buzz."

Volcarona danced with green, Insect like wings around, further raising Special Attack and Speed, and prepared the sound based attack at the giant Dark and Dragon type. Gigalith prepared to assist with the Police, as Aggron went to the police, and Sharp looked at the Hydreigon.

Esther

Esther jumped away from the supplies as if Acacia had just flung poop at her, which he might as well have done. She spared a single scorn-filled glance, just enough to identify what he’d tossed at her, and then summarily and dramatically, made a show of turning her nose up at it.

She swallowed a retort, largely out of wariness of his Pokémon and his apparent willingness to use them on her.

For his information she had a first-aid kit, it just wasn’t with her. All her camping gear had been safely left with Wynter whose Silph Bag allowed her to carry it all without worrying about the weight. But, taking a step back, even if she didn't have any first aid gear Mt. Sorbet would melt before she took handouts from this git.

Walking around the perimeter of the den, Lara felt quite uneasy. Maybe it was the knowledge of a wild, easily irritated mother Hydreigon that's somewhere in the enclosed den. However, she tried to find comfort in the knowledge that a powerful trainer was handling the situation. Her attention was dragged over to the secured area, as ruckus and other noise started to emanate from the area alongside a red energy and Rotom seemed to be piqued by it as well. Preparing her camera and looking through the lens to capture the oddities she soon found out what the source of it was. It was the Hydreigon, but for whatever reason it was absolutely huge and growing even larger.

Lara froze completely, not even snapping any pictures feeling like her panic had been caught up inside of her throat. Was this a nightmare she was experiencing? What was going on? Even the grin on Rotom's face had been wiped as the two witnessed Dynamaxing for the first time. Way too up close. Rotom quickly returned to their pokeball in the safety of their trainers' satchel. The seconds that passed felt like an eternity, but Lara managed to get a move on. She completely dropped her camera, but it simply dangled off her neck thanks to the neck-strap holding it secure and turned her heel screaming in terror. She'd never run this fast in her life. She didn't care where she'd go, but all she knew was that she wanted to get away.

Esther

Now that was a strange comment. He’d offered her a ride and then when she’d, understandably, been unnerved by his crazy flying, he’d responded by nearly dropping her to her death. Now that she refused to associate with him, he accused her of being entitled. Ha! Entitled to what exactly? Did he think his initial kindness entitled him to do and say whatever he wanted?

Esther scoffed and refused to afford the man the dignity of words. She was happy to see him go—when he finally did; but, he’d left one of his Pokémon behind. The large bird, quite frankly, unnerved her. When its eyes turned to her, Esther quickly looked away and kept walking.

Despite her misgivings, she couldn’t help throwing a few furtive glances toward the Pokémon.

Seconds turned to minutes and glances lengthened to stares. Without its trainer to drag its assessment down, Esther found the creature...majestic.

For one, it was massive—one of the biggest Pokémon she’d ever seen! Esther wasn’t short, the last she’d checked she was 5’6”—about average height, if not slightly above—but this Pokémon? It completely dwarfed her. Even if she tipped her head wouldn’t have gotten past the creature’s breast. It was tall like a Tyranitar and then some.

But it wasn’t just tall; it was also built like an Aggron and looked just as fierce. She hadn’t much time to marvel at them before, but she could still remember the glossy sensation of its feathers. They were tough...tougher than Jangmo-o’s feathers and arranged in a far more intimidating fashion.

On its head was a crown of thorny protrusions—a helmet of sorts—that extended to cover its face and beak. Its eyes were deep-set, piercing red orbs, peering forth from the shadows cast by its helm and that lent its gaze a disturbing intensity. So cool!

What even was it anyway?

Pokedex Entry #823 Corviknight the Raven Pokemon said:
Primary Type: Flying
Secondary Type: Steel
Abilities: Pressure, Unnerve, Mirror Armor

This Pokémon reigns supreme in the skies of the Galar region! The black luster of its steel body could drive terror into the heart of any foe.

One might guess that with Esther’s gothic fashion sense, the equally gothic Corviknight would tickle her fancy; and they’d be right. It evolved from Rookidee... hmm, maybe she'd try to catch one. After Bounsweet, of course! She only had one Pokeball left and she needed Bounsweet for...Houndour...

Esther bit her lip, as her thoughts trailed off. A two-hour hike...while she trusted Wynter to handle things—she was a Top Ranger after all—Esther couldn't help the lurch in her stomach. She needed to move...

She turned slowly to face the Corviknight. Her brows knitted as she recalled Nurse Joy's advice. Sincerity...she could give that a go.

"Poe...right?" Esther tried to maintain eye contact, finding it harder and harder as she slowly moved closer. "I need to get to this distress beacon, my Pokemon's there...but I need you to go slowly, I'm not as good at riding as your trainer. I'll fall off. Can you do that...?"

Hydreigon burst from the cave, the glow of Dynamax fading as she assumed her full glory. Hydreigon lifted her head and ROARED; the earth beneath trembled at her declaration as she announced her presence to every creature within miles...though, it wasn't like anyone could miss her. She was easily the size of a six-story building, if not bigger. And this building-sized pokemon had turned her attention towards Fiery.

Hydreigon's roar hadn't been a simple roar, it was a «Hyper Voice» that had transformed into «Max Strike» and the earth's trembling hadn't been figurative but literal! The ground began to splinter and fracture, an eruption of energy bursting with the light of «Max Strike»!

Ezio Farello, June 9th, Oblivia Ruins

"Disgusting, a perverted representation of the Forretress who only try to protect themselves, not destroy whomever they disagree with." Pasados spat, glaring at the disabled Sky Fortress that was lying dormant in the sea. "That thing never should have been revived, Lord Ellios should have destroyed it all those years ago."

Ezio stood next to the ghost, carrying the armor in silence as he watched the creation of destruction loom ominously on the horizon. He wasn't in Oblivia himself when that horrible day arrived, but he knew from Leanne that one of Oblivia's seven islands got completely vaporized to the point that nothing remained. Such power was almost unfathomable, but the maps did not lie. The Oblivia Region was missing an entire island. He assumed that the Sky Fortress was deactivated, but it was defeated once before and was reactivated. Who was to say that it won't happen again? Who was to say that there wasn't anymore life in this ancient doomsday device? Taking a deep breath, the man closed his eyes as he flinched. His ribs were definitely injured pretty badly.

Erebus was the last member of the trio that watched out over the horizon, her flames stoked up high in anger as if she instinctively knew that the Sky Fortress was no good. It had caused suffering for many people and Pokémon alike and it had to be destroyed. Growling at the object, her flames rose to greater heights as her anger grew.

A hand on her paw caused her to snap out of her thoughts and her gaze was met with Ezio's. "Calm down girl, it is over now. Let's go, we have a reunion to take care of."

Erebus nodded as she went back into her Pokéball, Pasados returned to the armor and Ezio released Eviscerate the Aerodactyl. Getting on her back, the duo set off towards Rasp Cavern.

Nicole Newman, June 9th, West Lake Axewell

Nicole was wandering around West Lake Axewell, enjoying the scenery in Galar after she helped clear the Motostoke airport from Rookidee. Her Skarmory, Cassidy was soaring above her, exploring the skies of this new region. It was nice to be near this giant lake, but the police presence was something that was less nice. Blowing on her whistle, Cassidy came down to the ground. "Looks like we can't go this way, big girl. We'll have to find a new route to walk." The woman said, scratching the back of Cassidy's head.

Firey had been pulled back from Range, as Sharp, Gigalith realized that even though Civilians were his orders, he'd have Aggron handle that, as such he fired a Stone Edge to prevent Civilians from entering the area, and headed over towards his trainer. Volcarona had caught most of the blast of the Max Strike, he then started glowing a yellow green.

"Volcarona, Bug Buzz, back to back!" Firey responded, "I've probably got two moves left with Volcarona, if his ability activated."

As he then figured out a plan, he had Salamence's pokeball found in case everything went bad, he knew he had to take it down and possibly catch it if need be, he also had looked in his bag and found a Luxury Ball. He prepared for catching if necessary.

Lara just ran. She was still contemplating if all of this had been a nightmare she'd yet to wake up from or if this was actually real. Unfortunately, everything felt very real. The roaring and the sounds of destruction coming from behind her and the ground shaking violently as the enormous dragon type used some sort of move. The camera dangling from her neck and the little clinks and tinks that came from her press card dangling off from a different neck strap. Lara's screams of terror subsided fairly quick as she had to try and focus on breathing and running. She now knew that screaming and running as fast as your legs can carry you under an adrenaline rush was awful.

"Argh.... HELP- Ack! HELP ME!" Lara exclaimed out of desperation after she managed to catch a couple of normal breaths. She soon returned to a rhythmic breath and continued with her efforts of getting away from the enraged behemoth of a pokemon. All that mattered to her right now was to get away, hopefully unscathed.

Nicole heard the screaming of a woman, immediately sending her into a state of high alert. Looking around the area, she saw a girl with red hair and a camera run in her direction, but for what? The falconer was on the lookout for any potential perverts, only to be met with a roar that could only belong to something absolutely massive.

Ah, that would be a good enough reason to run.

"Hey, over here! Let's book it, come on!" Nicole yelled, waving her arms to get the girl's attention. Cassidy was fully aware of the plan and glared at her trainer, but a treat from Nicole quickly eased her worries. "Sorry girl, but you'll have to accept it for now." As she kept her Skarmory at ease, the girl looked in the direction of the roar. She couldn't quite make out the source, but it was clear as day that the owner of those vocal chords was far from happy. They needed to go, and fast.

Colored
Route 32, June 10th (9th? Maybe 11th? Honestly sorta forgot.)

Having stepped outside after officially adding Pretzel to her roster, Colored was greeted by a pretty interesting battle that wasn't all too far from the building she was just inside. And even if it wasn't a visible brawl at first, the sounds had certainly drawn her to the battle site like a Mothim to a flame.

It looked to be quite an interesting battle, being a Flaaffy against a Hawlucha; both belonging to some of the trainers from the Union Cave expedition just a few hours or so ago. Was it hours? She had honestly forgotten, but it didn't stop Colored from spectating from a safe distance... only to find it was over by the time she had gotten there, ready to note what she saw. Geez, how long HAD she been in that building for?

While being disappointed at a failure to jot down some strategies, a familiar chirping had seemed to snap her out of the sulk.

"Vao! Vaopix!"

"Mocha? You... want to fight some folk here?"

"Vul!"

There was a proud fire in Mocha's eyes, but one Colored had to quietly extinguish for the time being.

"Even after getting pounded by that Mienshao...? If you're certain. But tomorrow. May be too late as of now, and we don't wanna wreck these camps."

The Vulpix had huffed a bit, but had accepted the fact that she'd have to wait to get a bit of training in. Whether that be for battle or Contests, Colored was a believer in simply being an all-rounder when it came to things. So quietly returning Mocha for now, she had quietly approached the small camp area to see if there was any chance she could hang here for the night.

And it was also good to know that even though her sudden figure was a bit darkened, it wasn't even slightly intimidating to those who wanted to pay her any mind.

Trainer Emma Argentston, Rank 48,679, National Park, Johto, June 8th

National Part, Johto (June 8th)
"Suppose company could be helpful..." Desmond admitted to himself, though the feel-good moment had been somewhat muddled when Emma brought out that Drampa which caused Desmond to shift back on reflex as he cursed to himself before catching his breath. Don't be lame, don't be lame just a...friendly dragon...

Course Politoed had been a bit more friendly and open, and when Drampa moved down with Emma it happily bounced to them as it waved to the Dragon/Normal-Type. "Politoed~!" (Hello there, nice to meet you!)

Drampa saw the Politoed, and gave off a friendly sound, looked at Emma, and was confused why he was out.

"My Drampa is usually brought out for either fast transportation, or battle, so no wonder he looks confused." Emma explained, "Drampa, I know you can be a bit angry, but please just keep calm, the Situation is resolved. Let's just hope between you and me, we don't run into that criminal again."

Emma then sat on the Drampa, as Drampa gave a response.

"Pa Drampa! (Likewise)"

She then had her X-Transceiver go off. It was her mom.

"Desmond, I have to take this call."

Emma answered the X-Transceiver, and heard her mom.

"Emma, I've already contacted your siblings and Billy, but your dad is currently in a dangerous situation involving a Hydreigon, and it's on the news." Ariana responded through the X-Transceiver, "KENN has a Report of what's going on in Galar, I don't know when he will be finished with that, or from what the news said, will even survive, the Hydreigon was the Size of a Six Story Building, Have you found Laura, I heard she's in Johto as well."

"No, Mom, I've got no idea where in the Region she is, although Jason was sighted in Solaceon Town." Emma responded, "James was last seen in Viridian City, he may have an idea as what Dad's up to."

"Either way, goodbye, and I'll call if I get an update, I'll be in Galar for a while."

"Bye, mom."

Emma turned off the X-Transceiver and looked at Desmond with worry.

------

Trainer Billy Carmichael, Rank 21,480, Hau'oli City, Alola, June 8th-9th

He had finished his call with his mother, and had checked in for the night, planning to find the Kahuna later. When he woke up in the morning, his phonewent off with a KENN notification.

"What in the World!?"

This notification was breaking news and stated that a Top Ranking Trainer was fighting a Dynamaxed Hydreigon, he looked at the report it was still in development and there is a no fly zone around the southern area of Motostoke City. He was about to walk out of the Pokémon Center after grabbing a bite to eat when his aunt called.

"Aunt Ariana, how's it going?"

"I don't know, my husband, your Uncle, is currently fighting a Six Story tall Hydreigon, I mean a normal is bad enough, he knows what he's doing, but I'm still very worried, and I am flying to Galar as soon as possible, you may not know another Pokémon got into the house, caught it this time, how's your parents?"

"Dad's been all over the place, and Mom's good, was actually able to beat her Greninja for the first time before I got here."

*Trainer Billy Carmichael, Rank 21,480, Lumiose City, Kalos, May 28th.

Billy and Kusunoki were in a heated battle with a Greninja who had some sort of Water Veil around it. An older dark-haired woman had been commanding the Greninja.

"This is only the third time we've used this," Billy's mom responded, "I still don't exactly know how it works, but it's powerful, and apparently not even fully mastered."

Billy saw what was going on and realized his best way to beat this was to Mega Evolve.

"Though the trials of Life and Battle are tough. Even when we face the End, we must Soldier on, Kusunoki, Mega Evolve!"

A pale Sphere appeared around Kusunoki as tendrils of energy sprouted from Billy's right collar button, when the Sphere broke, a more Samurai like appearance had taken over Kusunoki's usual appearance, and was a lot more Metallic.

"Greninja, Night Slash!"

"Kusunoki, Dragon Rush!"

The two met in the middle, as a larger than normal dark sword was drawn by Greninja and slammed down on Kusunoki, being sent back several feet as Adrianna held her Arm, with a pained expression on her face.

"This is normal for this," his mom called out.

Billy understood that and prepared to continue.

"Low Kick!"

Adrianna (Billy's mom's name) swung her leg as Greninja did the same, knocking down Kusunoki, but doing less than usual.

"Huh?"

"Mega Aggron's ability is Filter, which reduces the effect of Super Effective moves." Billy responded, "Metal Burst."

The sound of shredding metal played through the area as pieces from the shredding slammed into Greninja. Adrianna clutched her stomach as the attack landed. She stood shakily, but still standing, Greninja gave Kusunoki a look.

"Finish this, Night Slash!"

"Not so fast, Rock Slide!"

The Greninja had no time to react since its power was fading, and Adrianna was close to blacking out. The Ninja Frog Pokémon used the Night Slash to block most of the Rock Slide, but the rest was what got the Water and Dark type. The Frog like Pokémon was sent flying back to her Trainer, knocked out as Adrianna almost hit the ground, but was caught by a figure. Kusunoki's Mega Evolution reverted back to his normal form.

"Hey, Kiddo, You managed to beat Greninja," the figure responded, "That's the only reason she'd black out like this."

"Dad?" Billy asked, "What brought you to Kalos?"

"It's our wedding anniversary," the man responded, "We were in town to See the sights when she bumped into you, Let's get them to the Pokémon Center."

Billy's dad returned Greninja and carried Adrianna to the Pokémon Center. When they arrived, they got to see Nurse Joy.

"My wife and son were battling and He managed to defeat my wife's Greninja." Billy's dad responded, "She's unconscious right now, due to Greninja's ability, and her inexperience using it as it is rarely used."

He then handed her the Pokéball, which was healing as Adrianna regained consciousness.

"Elliot, honey, I wasn't expecting you for a couple of days."

"I got in after a case was solved, it was actually a case in Geosenge Town." Elliot explained.*

In current time, he had been contemplating what he was going to do, he then headed out of the Pokémon Center, uninterrupted this time, he then looked around the town, seeing some sights as he prepared for the trip to Find the Kahuna.

Despite her anger, the Hydreigon could only do so much. Though she ravished the landscape her most hated foe proved much too resourceful, and the numbers were stacked against her. After a second empowered bug buzz, even her Dynamax boosted bulk couldn’t hold out for long. In an act of pure spite, the Hydreigon’s next move was not aimed at Fiery; no, she had learned that he could handle himself but...what about the others?

Flames burned in her throat as Hydreigon released a «Max Flare» into her surroundings. As the repeated «Bug Buzz»s felled her, Hydreigon released a chortling laughter and the world around her became a sea of fire—racing across the fields of Lake Axwell.

Lara wasn't quite sure why she yelled for help. Maybe it was the immense panic she felt that compelled her to do it, but she didn't quite know. Fortunately though, looked like there was a kind soul amongst the terror and chaos. It was a woman with a Skarmory. Now Lara was aware of stranger danger and her being accompanied by a big armored bird didn't help much, but at this point anything would be better than being mutilated by the colossal Hydreigon. Changing her direction slightly to run towards the woman. With panicked and winded breath she slowed down.

"Ah.. Thank you-" Lara managed to mutter between her breaths and waited for further instructions from the woman with what her plan was. She threw a quick glance behind her to see if the enormous dragon was indeed something she saw for real or some one in a million trick of the light. Oh but it was there. And now it was charging up a giant fire attack. Lara regretted looking back and looked at the woman with dark skin with light patches of pigment here and there with panic in her eyes. Her mind was all over the place, grasping what was happening that she couldn't speak, but she was certainly ready to act on whatever plan she had on getting them out of there. She'd probably have a higher chance of surviving if she went with it than staying and burning to a crisp.

Last edited:
Nicole Newman, June 9th, West Laxe Axewell

"No need to thank me, we have got to leave right now." Nicole got on her Skarmory's back, who spread its wings and let out a sharp cry. "Come on, get on and hold tight. This probably will be a wild ride!" The girl looked at the giant dragon charging up a massive fire ball, as if they didn't have enough reasons to book it.

"Don't just stand there looking pretty, let's go!" Nicole extended a hand for Lara to hold as her Skarmory started getting nervous. Fire, of course there would be fire. Cassidy scratched the ground with her claws as she waited for the sign to take off into the safety of the sky.

"Well, I certainly hope this pick was for travel.." Desmond said with a sweat drop as Emma mentioned the only two reason she usually had brought out her Drampa out which the latter had not helped quell Desmond's worry. Something his Politoed seemed to sense as it hopped over by its partner and had given Desmond a hug on the leg.

"H-hey you st...uh, nevermind." Desmond had said with a shocked feel of the frog's skin on its leg, before he just allowed it as Politoed worked to provide a loving aid and it did help get Desmond's mind off the dragon before attention shifted over to a sudden call that Emma seemed to make. Of course he had kept silent as Politoed broke the hug when it noticed Emma's expression shift to a more troubled one as it went along and while Desmond had no idea of the details he sensed something troubling that concerned her family was the topic which explained that look she passed to them when the call ended.

You don't need to ask what is wrong, this isn't your problem and you couldn't do anything to help anyway. Whatever you do don't ask what is wrong...

"So uh, something wrong?"

Think before you speak!

Trainer Firey Argentston, Rank 20, Den D Wild Area, Galar, Thursday June 9th

Gigalith seen the Max Flare, returning to where his trainer was. When he Arrived, he looked at his trainer.

"Sharp return, Volcarona, return, Luxury Ball, Set out!"

He returned two of his Pokémon, as Gigalith watched his trainer threw the Luxury Ball.

"Gigalith, Sandstorm, Gyarados, You're up, Aqua Tail."

Firey looked on as he had his Pokémon starting to try and snuff the fire as he waited on the Pokéball, one shake, two shakes, three shakes, and a ping! Firey had caught the Hydreigon, and realized there was a lake near him.

"Gyarados, Hurricane on the Lake!"

Gyarados jumped into the lake and started swimming around in a circle, setting up the Velocity needed to start the Hurricane to cover this end of the area, as Gigalith got the other starting to snuff out. He then picked up Hydreigon's pokeball.

"Officers, this is The Maze Guardian, We need Water types, and Rock types on site, Hydreigon's been Caught, and we will need help relocating Her nest." Firey contacted officers via X-Transceiver, "I'll secure a way for relocation, I can get some Help from the Pokémon Rangers as well, there is still one other Pokémon in the cave, Luxray, You're up, we're going back in for Hydreigon's child, I need you to help me find the child, so I can hopefully try to reason with my new Pokémon."

Firey turned off the X-Transceiver and headed back through the entrance that he made, he remembered hearing small cries when Volcarona used the first Bug Buzz, so he went searching with Luxray clearing out some rocks with Iron Tail.

Lara seemed to get some sense back from her panicked state her when Nicole directed her to hop on to the Skarmory's back. Without spending another second, she obliged and took the woman's hand to help her up. She knew that she never really handled well being high up, but she had to try and endure it for the sake of her own survival if anything. She held on tight like the black haired woman, wrapping her arms around the woman's waist, as there wasn't many options beside that and shut her eyes tight. If this was a nightmare it would be a really good place to wake up right about now-

Nicole looked back at the red-haired girl and after making sure she held on tight, the bird keeper patted the neck of her Skarmory. "Cassidy, go!" The sound of the command was all the motivation that the Armor Bird needed, as she quickly forced herself off the ground and into the air, where it was safe and not on fire.

The cold wind bleared Nicole's eyes, but she didn't seem all that bothered as Cassidy continued to increase in altitude, using the hot air rising from below as propulsion. Eventually, Cassidy found a comfortable altitude and began gliding towards Motostoke. Nicole wiped away any tears that had formed during the ascent before checking on the girl who had an impressively tight grip on her waist. Not really paying much attention to that detail, the woman spoke up.

"It's okay, we're safe now. We're headed to Motostoke now, are you okay?" She asked, unsure if the girl was injured or anything.

As much as Lara regretted hopping on the back of a stranger's giant knife bird, she had to admit that it was better here than down there. With all the fire destruction probably. The young reporter had kept her eyes shut the whole lift time. The wind rushing on her face was something that wasn't the most pleasant thing as well a feeling her braid whipping in the wind. Maybe it was the fact that they were in a semi safe or that the woman attempted to strike up conversation and Lara wanted to be polite and opened her eyes. There they were. High up in the sky on the back of a metal bird. It only took a split second, but the red haired girl shut her eyes tightly again and without thinking much tightened her grip a bit.

"I- Uh... I think, I'm fine?- Th-thank you," Lara replied thankful, yet fear could be clearly heard in her voice. Maybe it was the adrenaline dying down, the lingering fear of the behemoth Hydreigon, her finding herself way up high in the sky, where she was quite uneasy or a mix of it all. Who would know? Lara would be unable to answer this herself if someone were to ask her this. She'd even forgotten about why she was in the Lake area to begin with as her mind was only filled with thoughts of being back safe on the cobbled roads of Motostoke.

Nicole smiled at the girl, who appeared to be okay in spite of the fear in her voice. "That's nice to hear, though you don't have to thank me. I just happened to pass through at the worst and best time possible. The name's Nicole, by the way. What's yours?"

As the two girls talked, Cassidy kept a sharp eye out for any potential threats. So far the sky was quiet, but things could change in an instant. Still, they would reach Motostoke safely if this kept up.

June 9th, West Lake Axewell, Ron Towers.

"You would think that trainers who are called to deal with these situations have better control and avoid making such a mess."

The punk trainer, Ron, walked through the small tunnel being made by his Rampardos up ahead. The walls shook with each wall the rock type Pokemon took down, but the tunnel seemed to be sturdy enough. At least that's what it seemed thanks to the Quilava's flames providing some light. After the earth shaking battle that had taken place, the cave had been left a mess. Ron had been watching from the sidelines, always curious about the strongest trainers in the world and always looking to learn something new to improve himself. But, from what he managed to see, this battle was just destruction all around. Now, if what he heard outside was true, the Hydreigon had been protecting her young, which meant, it was probably still trapped somewhere inside the rumbles. The small improvised rescue team continued for a bit more until finally, the Ramprados broke into a bigger room.

"Now this is probably where the nest was, good job Rammstein, go on standby." Ron stepped into the open room, with a few parts of it covered in boulders and some collapsed walls. "Let's go Bizkit, we need some muscle here."

The ever confident Poliwrath emerged out of his Pokeball, taking his rocky teammates place and began walking around, lifting boulders and moving them aside so Ron and Furia could walk through. They kept searching until a small whine came from a pile of rubble. The three moved quickly to the location where the noise came from. With Bizkit's help, the rumble was moved away as quickly as possible, trying not to cause anymore to fall in and just as they had expected a small Deino was curled, shaking and heavily breathing. Ron knelt down and took a Dusk Ball out of his backpack. He knew the Pokemon couldn't survive much on its own, but inside the object he could get it to a Pokemon Center quickly and then decide what to do with the creature afterwards.

"Sorry bud, I wish I had a Blissey right about now, but this will do meanwhile." Ron softly pressed the Dusk ball against the Deino's body and watched as he disappeared inside, not even putting up a struggle as the Pokeball confirmed the capture. "And there it goes..." He watched as the green round object disappeared into thin air as it transported the Pokemon to the Pokemon Storage System. "Now, to make sure there are no more, let's keep looking. Furia go towards where the entrance would have been, see if you can sniff any out. Bizkit, keep clearing away any boulders that could have trapped a Deino under them."

"Fucking mess, why would they ask for a powerhouse to deal with this and not some rangers? No wonder evil organizations rise up every Sunday."

Ron complained under his breath as he used a flashlight to start searching into small dents or holes that might have a small Pokemon trapped inside. He would occasionally look up at the roof, making sure it wasn't about to collapse on them. The noise of rocks being smashed grabbed his attention and that of his Pokemon. There was no way any wild Pokemon were still around, so either the Deino has a daddy who's looking for revenge or Pokemon Rangers are finally going to do their job.

June 11, Saturday - Route 32, Johto. Reina, current rank, 45,547.

"Colored!" Reina called out as she finished packing her stuff. "Good morning! When did you get here? I didn't know you were heading this way, did you get lost?" She walked up to the girl and offered her a handshake. "Oh are you going to Violet? If so, you can join us."

Diva puffed her cheeks as once again she saw a rival to Reina's friendship. She stomped her way over to the two trainers and looked up at Colored with an annoyed look. Despite Diva recognizing her from their adventure from before, that didn't mean she was happy to see her again. In fact, she was hoping she wasn't going to travel with them, she was fed up with people trying to befriend her best friend.

Esther

She didn’t know what she was expecting. Maybe that Corviknight would be considerate of her circumstances and take it easy? As it turned out...nope! The Raven Pokémon hadn’t even humored her request. She certainly wasn’t about to trust such an inconsiderate Pokémon with her life; and so, they walked and walked and—caught a ride with the Police!

Through a stroke of luck and circumstance, the officers responding to the distress signal had passed by. Noticing Esther and noticing she seemed to be headed towards the beacon, they’d stopped to confirm and inquire. Once she’d explained the situation to them and they confirmed as much with a quick call back to home base, they offered her a ride. Obviously, she was all too happy to accept it. As a result, a two-hour walk became a 10-minute drive.

When they arrived Esther’s eyes immediately locked onto the massive airship that had been crammed into the mountainside. The officers scattered to secure a perimeter and Esther found herself hobbling over once she spotted the white of Wynter’s hair. She was relieved to see Houndour was fine, though the Dark Pokémon was clearly unsettled by the presence of the airship.

The Oblivian could feel she was out of her depth, and she kept quiet as Wynter called shots.

“Look alive! I want two groups, one to secure the airship and the other to come with me. There’s a trainer in the airship already, so proceed with caution. The airship seems abandoned, but if these poachers are still in the area, I want to see them in a cell by the end of the day! Move out!”

Lara didn't quite know why Nicole decided to try and strike up a conversation high up in the sky while they were escaping the danger that was Hydreigon. Maybe it was her way of trying to try and keep the situation calm? The red-faired girl caught herself overthinking as she often tended to, but shook her head internally. She should just be nice to the woman who's bird you're riding high up in the sky.

"Uh- Nice to meet you. I'm Lara-" Her voice had regained some stability, but it was clear that she was still on edge. As much as she appreciated that she got out unscathed from the Hydeigon situation thanks to Nicole, she couldn't wait to be back on solid and safe grounds.

Colored
Route 32, June 11th

While being pleased at being recognised, Colored couldn't help but think about what was said...

Morning? No, it wasn't... it was night just a second ago, and she certainly hadn't slept. Time can't just change like that, as far as Colored knew. Had she just stood still for so long that everything collapsed around her, twisting her mind on a carousel straight out of the pits of heck? With only this other girl being able to snap her out of it before she got too lost in her head? She didn't know, and it hurt her head...

It was probably nothing. Colored WAS a bit of a worrier, so perhaps it was nothing after all.

"Lost? Me, uh... n-no. I was just in the centre nearby and heard a battle... I wanted to take some notes, so I had decided to come and look and maybe get some notes down. I'm pretty analytic and like to do that kinda stuff, no-not for knowing weak points at all. It was over by the time I got here, though..."

Her tone had varied from uncertainty to a more eager tone, although fading back to a more quiet one before she was even aware of it. Yet more offers had caused her to perk up somewhat.

"Violet...? Oh, I was there before coming to that cave, you know. I-I wouldn't mind heading back there."

While her Trainer had been in conversation, Mocha had quickly made herself known to Diva by hopping out of her Pokéball and landing besides the Clefairy, giving her a bit of a look that would indicate that Colored doesn't really get too close to others. At least most of the time. The Vulpix could honestly care less at the small Fairy type's actions, and unless potential harm to herself or Colored was involved she wouldn't pay her mind. But hey, no chance that'll happen.

Nicole Newman, June 9th, West Lake Axewell headed to Motostoke

The girl was still afraid, which was to expected after what she went through. "Nice to meet you Lara. You really had some bad luck, huh? From what I saw, that was a pretty angry Pokémon up ahead. Hopefully the police will be able to keep everyone safe, which should be no problem. Unless everyone decides to book it towards the obvious threat, no one should be hurt. What were you doing there, if you don't mind me asking?"

As her trainer tried to calm down her passenger, Cassidy had spotted a Pokécenter in the city of Motostoke and began descending. "Hold on tight Lara, I don't want you to fall off now." Soon, the Skarmory stood on solid ground and lowered her body so that the passengers could get off.

"Good job Cassidy, I'm proud of you." Nicole said as she gave her Skarmory a treat which was gratefully eaten by the Armor Bird Pokémon.

Esther

The Ultimate Weapon...?’ That wasn’t a term Esther had heard before, but it wasn’t hard to guess it’d be nothing good. The weapon’s mention caused a small grimace to cross Wynter’s face, but after a moment’s ponderance, she shook her head and turned to an officer at her side.

“Did you get all that? Make a report and get in contact with the Kalos authorities, if the Ultimate weapon is their aim, then we need to be on our toes.”

As the officer rushed off, his radio crackling to life, Wynter turned to face Acacia.

“I can’t afford to prioritize the Pokémon here, the situation is unfortunate, but they’re in no immediate danger. The officers we’ll leave here will make sure they all get to safety but if your suspicions are even close to accurate then we need to stop them now.” The ranger gestured to numerous wheel tracks that led off in several directions.

“Looks like they already know we’d be coming after them; they’ve split up. If we lose the trail now, it’ll be difficult to find them again. I can only hope we aren’t already too late.”

With her piece said, Wynter was once more a commanding force. She split the ‘pursuit group’ into four-person parties, each assigned a set of tracks.

“We don’t want to accidentally alert them,” she called. “so leave the vehicles behind to help transport the petrified Pokémon. If any of you don’t have a ride Pokémon, then swap with a member of the ‘ship group’ that does. I want eyes watching from the sky, stay alert! We move in two!”

The officers scrambled, releasing quickly forming groups, trading equipment, taking surveys, and making reports. Although Wynter had given them two minutes, the Galar officials took half as long. Unfortunately, one minute was much too short for Esther to decide what to do. She didn’t really want to pursue the supposedly dangerous poachers, but at the same time, she didn’t want to stay around the potentially dangerous airship. Sure, Corviknight’s trainer said it wasn’t dangerous, but his standard for ‘safe’ wasn’t trustworthy.

Fortunately, the decision had been made for her with a quick command from Wynter.

“Esther, you’re with the airship group. Any extra hands are appreciated and it should be safe.”

After a startled blink, Esther hastily nodded. 'Well, if the ranger said it was safe...'

Lara Brook - June 9th - Motostoke, Galar

Lara managed to relax the slightest bit. Her eyes were still closed, but not as tightly shut, "Uhm.. W-well, you see I'm a reporter working for KENN and I was in the areaaaAAAAAAAAAA," her words soon devolved into a scream as they descended from the sky. She opened her eyes for just the moment to confirm that they were indeed going down and shut them tightly once again. The red-haired woman held on as tight as she could as they dove down.

Fortunately they made a safe landing and Lara finally found the ability in herself to keep her eyes open for more than a couple of seconds. Shaken from the sudden descend, the reporter wearily got off from the Skarmory's back and sighed out of relief, her face wearing a pale tint to it. Finally they were safe on sturdy and reliable ground and out of the Hydreigon's reach. Looked like the situation escalated quite a bit. No doubt KENN made sure to send out a crew to broadcast the thing and send out an emergency report. Oh well- Hopefully the material she managed to gather would still be worthwhile for the future news article..

Looked like Rotom had found it safe enough to emerge from their pokeball from their trainers' satchel. They looked around a bit, recognizing that they'd made their way back to Motostoke safely and there was another person with their pokemon! Excitedly, the camera inhabiting ghost-pokemon began to zip around the two girls and the giant metal bird.

Last edited: