• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Nicole Newman, June 9th, Motostoke, Galar

"KENN, huh? That news network? They got themselves a good journalist then, as you seem to have a Keen Eye for interesting situations." Nicole chuckled, petting the steel back of Cassidy. "Fitting, really, Cassidy also has the Keen Eye ability. Maybe there's a job there for us too."

As Nicole tried to lighten the mood, Lara's Rotom decided that it was a good time to be a menace. The girl was taken by surprise by the flitting Ghost type, but thet didn't seem to be hostile. "This is yours, I imagine?" The falconer chuckled, but her partner was less amused.

The sudden appearance and erratic movement of an Electric type of all things made Cassidy nervous, her instinct sounding all the alarm bells as her feathers began to scrape past each other, creating an awful metal on metal sound. The scraping and clattering sped up as she raised her wings, flashing the red underside of them as she screeched at Rotom. An intimidation display that involved the Move Metal Sound, something that even made Nicole flinch a little. It never got any easier to listen to.

Internally kicking herself for not spotting the antagonistic behavioral signs, Nicole pointed to the sky with her left hand and made a circular motion with her hand. Cassidy took off into the sky and started making loopings, after which Nicole blew on her whistle and gave Cassidy a treat before recalling her.

"Sorry about that, I should've been more observant. Cassidy can get easily irritated, especially around Fire and Electric types. She'll have to calm down in her Pokéball for a while." The girl said, apologizing to Lara who really just went from one thing to another.

June 11, Saturday - Route 32, Johto. Reina, current rank, 45,547.

Reina chuckled as Colored spoke to her, although she wasn't sure why, it just seemed appropriate to chuckle when you didn't really understand the situation. The Vulpix caught the Metztlitian's attention as soon as it emerged from the Pokeball though. She heard stories of the red fox, even had wanted to get one back in Kanto, but they weren't easy to find. Was there a nest of them in Johto?

"Oh wow a Vulpix!" Reina waved at the Pokemon, keeping herself from petting it, since she knew how jealous Diva could get. "You have to let me know where you caught it! I always wanted one. Alright well I hope you had a good night sleep, although you look tired for some reason, if you don't feel okay I can walk you back to the Pokemon Center." Reina adjusted her back. "Otherwise, if you know the way to Violet this is going to be a lot easier."

@Alternate_Mystery

Lara Brook - 9th June - Motostoke, Galar

Color began to return to Lara's face with each passing second. She inspected her camera quickly that it was alright as well as that her press card was still intact. She chuckled nervously in response to Nicole. It was more of an automatic response than something genuine, but the reporter understood Nicole's quip.

"Oh, yeah. That's my Rotom-" But Lara stopped in the middle of her sentence as the armored bird pokemon began to emit a horrible screeching sound. The girl quickly covered her ears to try and spare them from the noise and winced slightly. Rotom was startled and floated to be by their trainer, but was rather confused as they really didn't do anything..

A panicked eep escaped Lara when Skarmory took flight once again and the wind produced from the take off sent the Rotom flying a bit, but they quickly returned to idly float by their trainer.

"N-no, I should've been more mindful of Rotom. Sorry," Lara replied, waving away Nicole's apology. She truly felt bad for causing the bird to panic, or well on Rotom's behalf. While Rotom now understood what had caused the steel-flying type to screech, they just continued to idly float with a big grin on their face. Maybe they'll be more careful around the bird next time if they were to meet again, but it's only a maybe.. After all, to Lara's dismay, Rotom loved to cause mischief and to be a menace.

"But thank you again for getting us out of there. I wouldn't like to imagine what would've happened if you weren't there," Lara thanked again. Of course the moment she said it, her mind started to ponder on the different 'what if' scenarios where she hadn't been as lucky. However, the reporter tried her best not to express her troubles though gave Nicole a slight smile.

"No, I let my eye off Cassidy and missed the signs I should've seen. In ideal circumstances, I would've noticed the ruffled feathers and sent Cassidy into the air before she used Metal Sound. That would have redirected her energy and give her a harmless way to release it. That's on me though, should've responded sooner when I saw Rotom." Nicole said, though she didn't seem too shaken up by it.

"Then don't, unless you want to stay up all night." The girl said, chuckling at her own quip. "Still, no need to thank me. Anyone else would do the same thing, atleast where I am from. No need to repay me either, I just so happened to need to go as well and it is good training for Cassidy. Just stay safe next time, that's all I ask of you. Maybe it's worth considering a Flying type for your team? Just in case you need a quick escape."

Trainer Emma Argentston, Rank 48,679, National Park, Johto, June 8th

National Park, Johto (June 8th)
"Well, I certainly hope this pick was for travel.." Desmond said with a sweat drop as Emma mentioned the only two reason she usually had brought out her Drampa out which the latter had not helped quell Desmond's worry. Something his Politoed seemed to sense as it hopped over by its partner and had given Desmond a hug on the leg.

"H-hey you st...uh, nevermind." Desmond had said with a shocked feel of the frog's skin on its leg, before he just allowed it as Politoed worked to provide a loving aid and it did help get Desmond's mind off the dragon before attention shifted over to a sudden call that Emma seemed to make. Of course he had kept silent as Politoed broke the hug when it noticed Emma's expression shift to a more troubled one as it went along and while Desmond had no idea of the details he sensed something troubling that concerned her family was the topic which explained that look she passed to them when the call ended.

You don't need to ask what is wrong, this isn't your problem and you couldn't do anything to help anyway. Whatever you do don't ask what is wrong...

"So uh, something wrong?"

Think before you speak!

"I found out my Dad is currently dealing with a Dangerous situation in Galar, a Dynamaxed Hydreigon had been sighted near Lake Axewell in Galar, and my mom's worried." Emma responded, "She's been trying to get a hold of my Siblings, She's probably calling Solaceon Town Pokémon Center as we speak."

Emma was worried, her dad in dangerous situations like that seem to make getting lost in the Battle Maze a walk in the park. She knew that poachers or trainers would either go after Hydreigon, or anything that Hydreigon may have protected.

Trainer Firey Argentston, Rank 20, Den D, Wild Area, Galar, Thursday June 9th

Luxray had been clearing rocks and such, making a path clear to where Hydreigon would have probably hid her children. When he got there he found what was the best

"We're going to need to-."

Hydreigon gave him a spiteful look, which made him shut up, one thing was certain, she was somewhat relieved, yet spiteful that this Trainer caught her.

"I'm going to try and get your kids out of here, and relocated okay, if I can find any," Firey explained to Hydreigon.

The Dark and Dragon type was still spiteful, but he expected that, Billy would Reprimand him about now, if he was here. He would probably be dealing with his snapped mode. He was fully expecting multiple enraged or worried phone calls including his wife or Scott, the guy who got the Brains together, or his nephew, or some of his Rivals, like Jason Bluemoon, the namesake for his oldest.

"Alright, I'm going to look for more."

Firey returned Hydreigon for now, looking for more kids with Luxray assisting.

Last edited:
Brian Killian - Trainer rank: 267
June 10th - Wild Area, Galar Region

As the four trainers entered the Max Lair, a strange feeling of danger washed over them, Zander and Heather were somewhat nervous when they entered the cavern only to see a strange red mist hang drift within. Brian on the other hand didn't seem too nervous; he seemed more fascinated that there was energy in this world that could create such view like this, Eric however didn't look fazed at all and simply pressed on while he looked around.

Just when one of them was about to speak, the ground beneath their feet began to rumble before the sound of a growl could be heard, within the crimson mist, an enormous shadow could be seen, the creature slowly began to stand, each trainer got out their Poke ball as they watched the creature emerge from the mist. The creature let out a deafening roar, one who's force alone was enough to blow the mist away and reveal to the trainers it's true form: A Gigantamax Drednaw.

The trainers all began to smirk and threw their Poke balls in unison. Brian let out his strongest and most trusting partner, Gallade, Heather let out the Windveiled Pokemon, Whimsicott, Zander let out the Martial Arts Pokemon, Mienshao, Eric smirked as he let out the Bulk Up Pokemon, Grimmsnarl who roared the moment it emerged.

"I think it's obvious who should be the one to Dynamax." Eric said with a smirk and pulled back his sleeve to reveal a Dynamax band. Zander turned his head to Eric with a raised eyebrow. "I trust you have a super effective move or two to make things easier?" He asked while he held the brim of his hat to keep it from being blown off by the force of Drednaw's roar. "Duh! Ya think I came out here and not be prepared?" Eric boasted, much to Zander's annoyance.

"I'll do my best to provide support. You got this, Whimsicott?" Heather asked her Pokemon who nodded in agreement. "Good thinking." Brian said before all four trainers turned their attention back to the titanic turtle Pokemon who stomped one of his feet hard enough to cause a small earthquake while a giant slab of stone emerged before him and started to fall forward towards the group.

"Meinshao, Aura Sphere!" Zander called out, Mienshao focused energy into her hands to summon a blue orb of energy, then sent it towards the falling rock, just as it made impact, while it indeed cracked it, it didn't destroy it completely and the group ended up taking the attack head on, the stone slab dissipated shortly after impact only for a terrible sandstorm to take it's place, each Pokemon were able to get back up fairly easily, Eric's Grimmsnarl looked like he took the most damage, but it didn't change his angered expression. While it was still relatively easy to see the giant Pokemon before them, the Sandstorm seemed to prove as problematic to the Pokemon.

"Whimsicott! Sunny day!" Heather called to her Pokemon, Whimsicott cried out to the sky--or ceiling of the lair--and the sandstorm immediately dissipated only for bright rays of sun to shine down on the Pokemon. "Nice work, Heather." Brian said with a smile before he looked at Gallade. "Alright Gal-!"

"Grimmsnarl, Power-Up Punch!" Eric interrupted as he yelled out towards his Pokemon, Grimmsnarl's arm began to glow with an orange light and charged towards the colossal turtle Pokemon, he leaped upwards and landed the attack directly on to it's kneecap. This wounded the Pokemon, but it still stood, meanwhile Grimmsnarl was briefly enveloped in an orange light and gave a little flex. Brian let out a disappointed sigh before he looked back at Gallade. "Close Combat." He commanded, Gallade dashed forward at a nearly blinding speed, hopped off of the Drednaw's toe like a springboard to his other kneecap and began to deliver a series of punches and kicks in rapid succession.

After the attack, the Drednaw roared and two orbs of darkness appeared either side of it's head, the orbs began to fire off jet black beams aimed directly at Meinshao, the Martial Arts Pokemon wasn't able to react in time and was blown back by the Max Darkness. "Gallade, catch Mienshao." Brian called, Gallade immediately jumped to catch Mienshao and help her land safely, both Mienshao and Zander looked at Brian and Gallade to give a nod of gratitude before Mienshao stood back up ready to battle once again.

June 9th, West Lake Axewell, Ron Towers.

"How does such a high ranked trainer walked blindly inside a cave when he has a Pokemon that literally can see through walls?" Ron spoke up as he saw Fiery. "Not even trying to hide and you still looking around like you got lost in the Celadon Department store." He tossed a small stone that was in his hand to the side. "We're done here, only one baby. I got it. By that, I mean that it's with me, not that it belongs to me, wanna make that clear." He was more worried about the mom hearing him than Fiery at that point. "Once you relocate the mom somewhere safe, let me know and I'll gladly take her offspring to her. Meanwhile, he needs to rest and get better at a Pokemon Center."

Ron began walking towards Fiery, his Quilava and Poliwrath following as he approached one of the top trainers in the world. Ron reached for a Pokeball around his belt and used it to return Bizkit, his Poliwrath, back to it. He finally stopped once he was standing to the side of Fiery, he turned to the right and looked him in the eyes.

"Next time, let the professionals handle this. Don't need busted caves and angry dragons going on a rampage because you wanna flex your skills." He looked ahead and began to walk away.

Once outside, Ron approached the nearest officer. He was about to explain there were no Pokemon left inside, when he heard a conversation going on. It seemed that there was a poachers situation going on. That was the kind of incidents that called Ron's attention. If he was to ever locate Team Rocket, following crimes that they are known for doing was his best way. Who knows, maybe this time it would be who he's been looking for all these years.

"I'm with that Fiery dude, mind telling me where that's happening?" Ron approached the two officers talking over the situation.

Just like he expected, they completely believed him and began explaining the situation and location. It wasn't too far away and he still had time before the night fell.

"I'll go on ahead, tell that Fiery guy I got this, my name is Butt Ocks." With wink and a smirk Ron began to walk away.

Ron sent out Evanes, his Skarmory. She was a silent one, but trusty in both battles and air travel. Sadly, not big enough for Furia to ride also, which always pissed her off. Ron fed the flying steel type an Oran berry and then proceeded to climb on her back. With a loud squawk, Evanes spread her steel wings, her sword like feathers shinning in the sun, before taking off into the air.

Giant's Seat, Galar

Evanes landed gracefully with her wings spread out and her claws landing softly on the ground, as if she had no weight on her. As son as Ron jumped off, Furia busted out of her Pokeball, shaking her head as if she had been compressed for hours. After safely returning Evanes, the two made their way to the small crowd gathered around what seemed to be some sort of airship. To his disappointment, nothing suggested it belonged to Team Rocket. He would look too suspicious if he just flew away now though.

"Looks like some people just don't know how to park." Ron walked up to Wynter and Esther. "Any signs of any criminal organization, like, just out of the top of my head, Team Rocket, being involved in this?"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
Trainer Rank: 99,999
Thursday, June 9th, 2022
Motostoke City, Galar Region

“Fake Out!” With a simple command and nothing more, Wilford’s Grookey responded by quickly clapping his hands together, sending a shockwave of air towards his target.

“Counter with Gust!” The young lady shouted towards her Combee, who inhaled and proceeded to exhale forcefully. However, the shockwave cut through the wind, colliding with the bee and rattling it into inaction.

“Omigosh, Honey! Are y-”

“Leech Seed!” Taking advantage of his opponent’s lowered guard, Wilford ordered another attack on the Bee Pokémon. Though Grookey obeyed, it wasn’t without a disapproving glare towards his trainer. As the seeds flew in the air, the Combee was still dazed from the previous attack. By the time the Bug Type was starting to recover, the seeds had landed, sprouting into constricting vines that ensnared the Combee. Combee frantically flapped her tiny wings, but the vines tightened, draining her energy and causing her to lose altitude.

"Scratch it until it faints," Wilford spouted another imperative as he watched the scene with a cold stare. Grookey looked back at his trainer with an uneasy expression, unnerved that his trainer seemed so nonchalant with the brutality of his demands. Fortunately for the grass type, the Combee was retrieved by her trainer before he would have to carry out his trainer's request. Replacing the Bug Type was a Swirlix, who was blissfully unaware of the type of trainer she'd be going against.

"I won't let you just make a victim out of me or my Pokémon! Sugar, use Fairy Wind!" Clearly aggravated by the rich young man, the trainer issued a command to the Cotton Candy Pokémon. Much like Honey before her, Sugar opened her mouth to blow a gust of wind at Grookey. Without the ability to use Fake Out again, the grass chimp was resigned to just stand there and be blown back.

"Leap above the Swirlix and land with Branch Poke!" Wilford noticed his Pokémon's confusion at the situation he found himself in and made an effort to provide a way out. With a small nod, Grookey took to the skies and brandished its trademark stick to be jabbed at his target. Noticing this, Sugar angled her attack upward, hoping to slow her opponent down and possibly hit him out of the skies. Though the descending grass type slowed, it was not enough to prevent the attack entirely. The determined Grookey jabbed the Swirlix with prejudice, causing the Fairy type to glow a bright green(much like the rest of the battlefield) upon impact.

"Continue your assault. Use Branch Poke until it faints," Though his facial expression remained neutral, Wilford couldn't help but feel proud of himself and his Pokémon. Grookey continued to jab at the Swirlix as the Fairy type tried and failed to shake the tiny chimp off her body. Once again, the opposing trainer was forced to switch her Pokémon to prevent any fainting. The sight of her final Pokémon, a Milcery, caused Wilford to twitch his brow in irritation. He was losing his patience with his opponent, so he decided to adopt a new strategy. Taking out a Pokéball, he made a switch of his own, exchanging the grass chimp with his fiery brother, Chimchar.

"How'd you get a Chimchar?!" The opposing trainer was flabbergasted at the sight of a foreign Pokémon, simultaneously seeming confused and personally offended, "Whatever! Cream, use Tackle!" Slowly approaching the opposing Pokémon, the Fairy type tried ramming into her opponent with as much force as she could muster.

"When she gets close, use Power-Up Punch," Wilford's gaze remained steely, but he was feeling a rising anticipation for what was to come. Following the command to the letter, Chimchar punched the Milcery moments before a potential interception. Though the Milcery was relatively unaffected, the collision dazed her, preventing her from following another command.

"Again," The beginnings of a smirk appeared on Wilford's face as the Chimchar followed up on the assault with another punch. Unfortunately, this smirk disappeared when he noticed her hand hovering over her Pokéballs.

"Fire Punch," With a simple, spiteful command, the Milcery was punched into the nearby wall, fainting instantly. The young girl looked distraught as she recalled her Pokémon. She glanced at her opponent, and then the Chimchar he commanded. Uncertainty infected her face, contorting dismay into panic, and finally resignation.

"You win, I can't defeat your Chimchar with my weakened Pokémon," The young trainer turned her eyes to the ground, unable and unwilling to give Wilford the satisfaction of seeing her teary eyes. She noticed that the battlefield's green glow was finally beginning to fade, despite Grookey being called out of battle. Upon her declaration, Wilford returned Chimchar to his Pokéball and scowled at his former opponent.

"You really are a child. Quitting before the battle's done to save face. I suppose I will take my victory, but I leave you with advice. Stop wasting your time with worthless Pokémon. Maybe then, you can actually hit your opponent." After giving his post-victory address, he reported the score to a nearby referee to update his rank. After completing that, Wilford took his leave.

Trainer Rank: 99,999 > 74,250

Last edited:
Lara Brook - June 9th - Motostoke, Galar

Lara gave in and didn't apologize any further. Out loud at least. She still thought that she could have kept a better eye on Rotom and the situation could've been avoided. Nicole's chuckle brought the reporter back into the present and chuckled along even though she wasn't sure what she was laughing for, but made sure she'd be tuned in for what the bird keeper would say next. She wanted to avoid awkward situations where she was trying her best to pretend that she was following the conversation. Maybe even more so now that the person she was talking to was the person who saved her.

"A-alright.." Lara said sheepishly and scratched the back of her neck. She knew she would be fighting a losing fight if she tried to insist Nicole on some kind of repayment for getting her out of the west area by Lake Axewell. Still though, she couldn't help but feel guilty. Even if the black haired woman had said that it was nothing, it felt wrong to not repay her in some way. Once again though, Lara kept these thoughts to herself.

"Hmm.. Maybe. It's just me and Rotom right now, but adding another pokemon to the team wouldn't hurt, right?" Lara spoke, turning her gaze to her floating camera, as if she was asking them. Rotom seemed indifferent. Maybe they weren't even listening at all. Noticing the red haired girl's stare, Rotom spun up in a pirouette while snickering to themselves and then returned to their previous. They had just a wide grin plastered on while rotating in and out their camera lens. Honestly, it just made it more difficult to distinguish if Rotom was indifferent to the idea or if they'd been spacing out the whole time.

Lara let out a sigh, but it was accompanied by a slight chuckle afterwards. Getting another pokemon. It wasn't a bad idea. Especially if she were to go out into the wild in this region or encounter any situations that were even a fraction of what happened by the lake. Maybe not a flying type though, since she didn't handle being high up the best. Adding another pokemon to her roster was something the young photographer had been considering for a while, but never went further as she never thought of herself as a dedicated trainer. After today though, this was something Lara would probably look into, but how? She decided that it would be something that the future her would have to figure out. She was quite exhausted after everything that had happened and had to write a report back to KENN giving them some more additional material to work with when writing articles on what happened with the colossal Hydreigon.

Thursday, June 9 – Galar Region

“None that we can confirm,” Wynter responded. “But poachers need to get hired by someone. Who knows who’s behind them?”

“Since you’re already here, do you mind keeping a look out?”

The ranger pointed to the sky, where Acacia and a few other officers with flying partners kept watch. On Wynter’s command, the groups departed, splitting along several tracks that seemed to lead to North Lake Miloch, South Lake Miloch, and a set that led towards Lake Miloch itself. Wynter led her group along the tracks that seemed most suspicious and headed off towards the lake shore.

Colored
Route 32, June 11th

"A good...? O-oh, I get that a lot. Don't worry about anything like that."

Her tone had been nervous when she spoke again, but it was suddenly a lot blunter than it was before, but it carried no intentions to offend or harm. It was just Colored personally trying to defend her personal life here. After a quiet, awkward cough she had continued with her words.

"Yeah, I know my way back to Violet alright. Should be just north of where we are now."

The firmness yet kindness the words carried had certainly gotten through to Mocha, who was happy to accept a bit of attention for simply being a Vulpix. Nowhere near a lick of the Clefairy's attention seeking sass was in the fire fox's body, prompting a little prideful increase in her body temperature here.

Caeyis Moregau
Galarian Wild Area, June 9th
WCS Ranking: 12,732 > 12,729

Meanwhile, somewhere near where these odd tracks had begun near the direct shore of Lake Miloch, a female simply seemed to be minding her business with another Trainer who also seemed to be oblivious to the current situation. The pair of them seemed to simply be having a casual spar, with one of the Trainer's Zebstrika falling in combat.

The battle itself had very luckily not interfered with these tracks in any way, the worst things to happen being a little dirt smearing one or two tracks ever so slightly.

Said Pokémon's trainer had returned the horse like Pokémon before tapping a few things on her phone and eventually having confirmed the match's victor.

"Caeyis Moregau is the victor. Generating new ranking... 12,729."

Mack, the Goodra Caeyis had just been using in the battle, was quick to remind her about why this battle had even happened to begin with. "Draa..."

"Huh? Oh, that's right! Sorry about dropping your rank there just for training..."

"Don't worry about it! I'm sure I'll be back on my feet before I even know it. That Poison Tail and Thunder Punch combination was something else for sure!"

As this other Trainer left, Mack had seemingly returned to his own Pokéball on his own accord as a small group of others approached. Caeyis, feeling like this was rather important, had courteously stepped aside to make way for what may have happened to lead up to this.

"It never hurts to have some more friends around, though I can hardly talk since I only have Cassidy on me. Do as I say, not as I do, I suppose." Nicole chuckled once more. "Though I suppose that's a problem for Future Lara, no? I wouldn't be surprised if the entire Wild Area would be off-limits for a while after that whole fiasco."

As Nicole looked out over the Wild Area, an idea came to mind. "Say, you wouldn't happen to know a hotel or something nearby, right? I was planning on camping in the Wild Area, but that doesn't sound too safe at the moment. Besides, if you ever need help with something, I am easier to find." The woman proposed, having to find a new way to spend the night after her original plan went up in flames.

Lara Brook - 9th of June - Motostoke, Galar

Lara smiled sheepishly again, but Nicole was right. It wouldn't be surprising if the surrounding wild area would be off limits for the duration of cleaning and sorting out the Hydreigon case. Well, it bought her some time to prepare. Pokeballs weren't the cheapest so she would have to be mindful how many she'd buy. She doesn't have that big of a margin for error considering her monetary situation. Well, working with KENN should provide some stability, but she should be mindful of her spending for a little while longer.

"Oh- Uh, well.. I'm not a local and I haven't been here for too long, but there's a hotel called Budew Drop Inn. It's on the upper tier of the city," Lara explained and pondered for a moment before continuing, "I could show you where it is. It's a slight walk to get there since it's on the upper tier. If that's alright you, of course-'' the young woman suggested. She felt compelled to do this for some reason. Maybe it was her trying to repay Nicole for saving her, even if the red haired girl's helpfulness was only a fraction of what the bird-keeper did. Well, it was better than nothing she supposed..

"I'd love to, thank you very much." Nicole smiled at Lara as she was grateful for her help. It was a bit manipulative to say she didn't want anything in return before saying she needed a place to stay, but Lara didn't seem to mind.

"I'm not a local either, and I was too stubborn to buy a travel guide, so I've just been going where the wind blew me, if you can forgive the bad pun." Nicole admitted. "Usually I can figure things out after getting some orientation points like a large building or something, but I've yet to find anything other than large buildings. I guess, in a way, you're the one saving me now." Nicole scratched the back of her head, chuckling awkwardly as she admitted that she was, quite frankly, lost.

Lara gave a little nod of understanding. Sounded like an adventurous lifestyle.. Something she wished to do someday. For now though, she’d have to stay in Motostoke for the WCS. After that, she might have some freedom to travel around Galar a bit, or just see where working with KENN would take her.

Looked like Rotom had gotten bored of just standing around and returned to their pokeball since it looked like they were going to return to Budew Drop Inn. Their and Lara's temporary residence for the time being. The reporter noted it and began to lead the way to the mentioned hotel.

She hummed a bit while thinking about her, "I don't think I have precise enough navigation skills to do something like that.. It should be a straightforward path to the hotel from here so I don't think I'll need my phone to help me.. I hope-" the last part was a nervous mumble directed towards herself as she fidgeted with the neck strap of her camera. She hoped she wouldn't embarrass herself in front of her new acquaintance. Especially now that it felt like there were way higher stakes in play when the dark haired woman said along the lines that 'she was the one saving her now'.

Despite the uneasiness and restlessness Lara was experiencing, she tried her best to keep herself composed by putting on a slight smile as the two of them walked along the brick roads of Motostoke.

Trainer Ariana Montgomery, Rank 20,046, June 9th, on the plane to Hammerlocke City, Galar

Ariana had prepared her stuff after her calls across the world, literally, to fly to Hammerlocke, Galar, as she grabbed a backpack that she used from her traveling days, that was eighteen years ago, but now she will be traveling the world, or at least Galar, where her newest Pokémon was from, after she read a news article and got a text from her husband that he was fighting a Hydreigon that was six stories tall. She read the news article as she got prepared for flying, and hoped for an update. She had gotten to the Airport on her Hydreigon and walked to the stand where tickets were sold.

"Hello, can I get a ticket for Somewhere in Galar?"

"Most of Galar is under restriction, a Dynamaxed Hydreigon has been on the rampage, causing a Cave Collapse.

"I know, I need a ticket to Galar, my husband is currently in there, and I need to know he's okay."

"Trainer ID?"

"0693078."

"Mrs. Montgomery, we have a ticket to Hammerlocke."

Ariana handed them a thousand dollars, but they responded with keep most of it, the ticket was one hundred dollars, and she had everything checked as she went, and her Pokémon were cleared as well, which she returned Hydreigon and kept Drakloak on the ready. She then walked into the waiting area for her flight.

Trainer Firey Argentston, Rank 20, Den D, Wild Area, Galar, Thursday June 9th

"My plan was after Subduing The Hydreigon, to find any of her Deinos that may have been in here, she just attacked me and four of my Pokémon out of the blue, and we're scouting to make sure another Pokémon didn't try to attack her young, I have Hydreigon in a Luxury Ball for now, and may have blanked out on Luxray, I have an Absol to help detect some of the incoming attacks, haven't had to use it that often for scouting and such, good thing the mom's in her Pokéball, she'd probably Flamethrower or Dragon Pulse you where you stand, thanks for Jogging my memory," Firey explained, then continued as the guy with the kid returned a Poliwrath, "I have four Pokémon I need to see a Pokémon Center, after Metagross fought a Carbink, Luxray, do you see anything?"

Luxray looked around, looking through even the walls, to make sure no more Pokémon around the area as he made a sweep of the cave. When the sweep was done, he found a young boy in the back of the cave.

"This is what Inspector Jenny meant by a trainer too eager." Firey responded, "You tried to catch the Deino here, didn't you."

"Yes,"

"What you did was dangerous, even for me, I got the mom and a semi experienced trainer who reprimanded me like my nephew had gotten the child, I'm going to get you out of here."

"I tried to catch Deino, even with my Gardevoir, when she got involved, Hydreigon one-shotted her," The trainer explained, "and wiped the rest of my team, that Nasty Plot set off multiple Flash Cannons, Dragon Pulses, and Flamethrowers, pretty much anything it could throw at my Pokémon, how did you find me?"

"Luxray found you, spotting you through the wall," Firey explained, "It was better to be in here than out there, the whole outside around this place is on fire, Let's get out."

He then saw the trainer ID.

"6027386." Firey responded, "This is possibly connected to a Missing persons case that Emma had come across during Vigilante training, towards the end of her training."

"What's your name, a friend of mine may be looking for the owner of this ID." He then turned to the boy.

"Reginald, sir,"

"Let's get out of here, Luxray, Iron Tail, make sure you don't hit a weak spot."

Luxray looked for a spot to break an exit and broke it. The two trainers made it back to the Inspector.

"Stay with the Inspector, I've got to go check on the fires."

Meanwhile outside, Gyarados had gotten the Hurricane to move toward some of the burning areas, as Gigalith got the Sandstorm to hit some others, naturally any Grass or Steel types hid as some rock and Ground types were originally in fear, but had seen Gigalith Sandstorm the area, and a Diggersby came around and used Mud Shot on some smaller fires. Some of the smaller Pokémon in the area assisted to clear the area as well. Firey showed up at that point, checking on said Pokémon.

"Let's keep this up, Luxray make sure that no Pokémon are injured in any underground systems near here."

The Electric Type looked around as he was told.

11:21 PM June 9th, Thursday

- Hibernal Avenue, Lumiose City, Kalos

It appeared his tactic was working somewhat as the man chasing him seemed to realize the situation he was in. He even placed his hands in the air to show he meant no harm. That did have the adverse effect of drawing more attention to himself, which he probably knew. Taking a breath, Acer was tempted to believe him, but the red-eyed Pokémon beside the guy was concerning. Absol was one of the more well known Pokémon simply due to the superstition surrounding it. Using the crescent-shaped horn on its head, Absol are said to be able to sense even subtle changes in the sky and the land to predict when a disaster will occur. Of course, there those that blamed Absol for the disasters, viewing it as a precursor to the catastrophe to come. That’s why it was known as the Bringer of Doom.

Acer couldn’t help but think the worst due to recent events. Perhaps an Absol here was a sign of things to come. A warning that things would get worse before they got better. This meant he wouldn’t be able to escape whatever fate awaited him. So, why run? Even then, would talking here stop the Absol who looked ready to pounce on him. As if to confirm his fears, he was then suddenly overcome with an overwhelming sense of dread when the disaster Pokémon glared at its own trainer. Thankfully the man looked away while the dazed teen struggled to hold himself together. That brief moment he felt the Pressure emanating from the Absol made him lightheaded.

‘Yeah, I need to get away from them soon before I faint.’

When the suspicious trainer turned back to face him, Acer had managed to regain his composure. If he could just manage to lose this guy and get to his room in the hotel to get some rest. That seemed easier said than done, but his pursuer seemed to have an enticing offer. The guy offered to talk in the hotel nearby, which was the one Acer was staying in. It didn’t seem like a bad idea to him. At least, if Acer followed his pursuer into Hotel Richissime, the teen should be safe as long as he remained in a public space like the lobby. Letting out a sigh, Acer thought for a moment and then gave the brown-haired trainer his response.

“Alright, fine. Pay me 100 bucks and I’ll go.”

Last edited:
June 11, Saturday - Route 32, Johto. Reina, current rank, 45,547. Reina.

"Well if you ever feel tired let me know okay? Let's get going." Reina took a long drink from her water bottle, before placing it around her waist again and began walking, with Diva following quickly behind.

"We actually just won a little tournament, it was really fun. I really need to find some high ranking trainers if I ever want to reach the top one thousand though, at this rate it's going to take me years to reach the top. By the way, what are you going for? Trainer, coordinator, breeder, doctor...?"

Giant's Seat, Galar. Ron.

"I really don't have a choice I guess, already volunteered." Ron looked towards the direction going to the lake. "It better not be a pack of raging Gyarados at the end of this..." he told himself as he once again sent out his Skarmory.

Ron took to the skies, with an annoyed Furia in her Pokeball as they made their way towards the lake. The other two tracks made sense, the culprits probably trying to get away, but why did they go to the lake? Maybe they were dumb enough to have taken the wrong path or maybe they had something there that was going to throw Ron of guard.

As they approached their destination, Ron had Evanes slow down. He was on lookout duty, so no rush in landing. Also, if there were any enemies left, they were probably hidden from the normal view. Either way, he was ready to spring into action, itching for a good ol' fashion fight.

Montagne Khastil - Unranked - June 9th, Night - Lumiose City, Kalos

The criminal's steely eyes narrowed as the kid assaulted his ears with such a ridiculous proposition that the him of four months ago would've done some assaulting of his own right there in front of Hotel Richissime. Unfortunately the him of now was a reformed man, or at least reformed enough that he could see when he'd been outmaneuvered.

Too many eyes on us, Monty thought as he sensed the increasing number of stares from Lumiose's passersby, and he could practically hear the timer ticking down to the police being called in sync with their hushed whispers. His heart beat a faster as the thought of getting picked back up crossed Monty's mind, and he concluded that he had to get out of the street now.

Still, escape would leave the original problem un-dealt with. The thought of actually paying the kid didn't even cross Monty's mind, but that left an interrogation out of the question. And yet, maybe that wasn't the case.

Shortish black hair...blue eyes...black high-tops...and is that a black wristband?

Monty's expression remained unwavering as he committed the punk's appearance to memory, paying careful attention to the things he was most likely to wear again or everyday, and just like that the interrogation had gone from off the table to merely postponed. No way I'm telling Cormier about this now, though, the criminal thought. He could only imagine the grilling he'd get from the Boss if he found out he'd let some punk slip through his fingers, but he would only have to worry about that if he couldn't catch the kid another day.

"Forget it," Monty grumbled in feigned resignation, but as the criminal pivoted on his heel to stalk back home he could feel another set of eyes boring into him. The Kalosian turned his head to see Oracle red eyes glaring daggers at him, and the fur along her spine stood on end as her claws dug into the cobblestones.

It's that pissed about not getting to battle? He wondered before trying to placate her with, "Come, Oracle. You'll get to battle tomorrow." The criminal's own gaze swept back to the punk as he added, "He's not worth my time."

The Absol seemed skeptical, as if she could sense her trainer's unease, but her fur smoothed over a little and she retracted her claws, which Monty took as the sign that she'd follow him back home. He turned from the punk without another word and started the trek back down to the other end of Hibernal Avenue where the brothel lay concealed.

The punk may have gotten the better of him tonight, but as Monty's boots plodded along the cobbles he formulated a plan for their second encounter.

He was already walking down Hibernal when I bumped into him, he thought as Oracle continued to glare daggers at him from his side, but when I started following him he noticed me and sped up without turning. There were plenty of residential units among Hibernal’s colossal buildings, but the punk had chosen the hotel of all places to stop and try to confront him.

Staking it out’s worth a shot, thought Monty as he looked back down at his still-livid partner. Sorry, guy, but the battles might have to wait.

Trainer Ariana Montgomery, Rank 20,046, Getting on the plane to Hammerlocke City, Galar, Thursday June 9th

In the Airport waiting area, Ariana sat nervously, waiting for either the flight to board or the news to Update. She had been worried since he left for Galar and Emma left for Johto, since she was alone after those two left for their respective areas. Drakloak picked up on his Trainer's nervousness, as the Dreepy positioned on his head looked at the trainer. He then looked around, watching who came around his trainer. A random girl walked around the corner, Drakloak looked curiously as the girl took a seat next to her.

"Hi, I was wondering if this was the waiting area for the Hammerlocke Flight?"

"Yes, it is," Ariana responded.

Drakloak looked on, making sure his trainer was okay.

"Flight six ninety-eight to Hammerlocke City, please board and small Pokémon can be kept out."

Ariana returned her Drakloak as she pulled out an Ultra Ball, releasing her Shiny Dedenne as he crawled up to her shoulder. She then had her carry-on ready as she got in line.

Trainer Firey Argentston, Rank 20, Lake Axewell, Wild Area, Galar, Thursday June 9th

Gigalith had finished the area of fire as Gyarados got his. Luxray had scouted to see if any other Pokémon were in a sticky situation, he didn't find anything.

"Return!"

All Pokémon currently out that belonged to Firey Argentston were returned to their pokeballs. He then brought out his Salamence in an intent to fly back to Motostoke. He flew into the Air, and started flying when his Salamence started acting strangely.

"Hey, is something wrong?"

Salamence growled, looking at the sight of another Salamence, and a woman on this one. He was looking through his poacher notes he took with Emma and found something. This was a Salamence, known to be the Ace of the Notorious Poacher Hunter J. Firey got closer, preparing for anything. When he got closer, he could confirm that it was in fact Hunter J. An older woman with similar hair and eyes to himself, wearing a red long sleeve shirt with finger holes, red pants, under an almost Garchomp color coat, and a strange metal device on her left hand and wrist, was seen riding the other Salamence.

"This is Trainer Firey "Maze Guardian" Argentston, enlisted with The Inspector, and the Maze Guardian of the Battle Maze, I suggest you stand down, or I will have no choice but to stop you."

Firey knew Volcarona was weakened, and Salamence was needed to stay in the Air. So he grabbed Gyarados's pokeball and had it at the ready.

Giant's Seat, Galar. Ron. June 9th,

"Nice lake we got here." Ron said as he jumped off and returned his Skarmory to her Pokeball. "Now why would mister bad guy drive straight into the water? Furia stay in your Pokeball, Bizkit handling this." He tossed the Lure Ball and released the fighting water type, Poliwrath. "Hold on, don't like going back soaking wet."

Ron set down his bag and removed his vest, shirt, boots, socks and belt. Years of having to go into deep waters and he always forgot to buy swim shorts, hopefully this time it he would remember. He put on his aquabreather and dove with his Poliwrath. Bizkit went ahead, being naturally a way faster swimmer, while Ron tried to keep up. After a few minutes of swimming towards the center of the lake and following the tracks left behind, they finally spotted a military like vehicle crashed into a stone. Ron swam up to the tank like machine, moving up the driver's seat.

License and registration please- oh. Ron floated and starred at the scene in front of him. There was not much left, besides a stone hand grabbing the steering wheel and pieces of stone stuck to the seat belt while a stone head floated against the roof. Either he was near Medusa's hideout or some Pokemon decided to petrify the poor soul. A close inspection gave hints of a similar impact upon the vehicle to the one on the airship from before. If someone or something has the power to turn people and Pokemon into stone, or worse, if this power gets into the wrong hands, things could get really bad. Ron floated towards the surface with the help of Bizkit and back to shore.

"Is there such thing as a stone heal? If not, better get someone to invent that thing fast." Ron said out loud as he saw the ranger from before arriving on the scene. "Did you find any other humans turned into stone back in the airship?"

Colored
Route 32, June 11

Well... thank goodness she wasn't all that offended by the accidental harshness. So sighing a bit in relief and giving it a twinge of thought, she was able to answer this professions question with a fair deal of ease.

"Well... I have plans for mostly doing Contests, Showcases and the like and also sprinkle in battles on the side. I'm pretty sure Mocha here wanted to get a battle in at some point last, er, night... was it really...? N-no, don't worry about it. And I think I got a Togedemaru just yesterday that could do with training. N-no pressure of course!"

God, was she about to spill the beans on how it was night time one moment and then morning the hecking next? As in the moment you talk to someone, the world just warps itself into a big mess and slaps your perception of time in the face? Time seriously wanted her head in a blender, huh... it made her head hurt a bit again.

Her tone seriously implied it was no problem at all, and Colored was rather adamant about this fact. Though on the plus side, she felt more inclined to spill a bit more about her coordinating goals here. "Although... I'm aware places like Hoenn and Kalos are more appropriate for the Contests I'm looking for, I just want to tack up a bit more experience before taking to a stage. Self confidence is... bot exactly a strong sport of mine."

Thursday, June 9 – Lake Miloch, Galar Region

Wynter chewed on her lip, a grimace on her lip as her stylus buzzed with incoming communications. “There weren’t any human statues at the airship and unfortunately reversing petrification is something that can only be done at a lab. Tch, they got us good. ” It was bad. It was beyond bad. Reports sent from the South Miloch & North Miloch groups mirrored their findings beneath the Lake.

Obviously, the tracks had been intentional, and they’d taken the bait hook, line, and sinker. But that begged another question; if Hunter J’s poachers hadn’t escaped with their vehicles, then how had they escaped? And more importantly where had they gone?

At the very least, there was no mistaking their identity now. These were Hunter J’s men. The airship, the militarized vehicles, the petrification technology...no other poacher had all those M.Os.

It was a small victory among a string of failures, but that made it no less important. Hunter J wasn’t a common poacher; the woman had a record, one that followed only highly prized Pokémon and wealthy clientele. If she was on the job she had been hired to do so.

If they couldn’t find J, then they could at least keep an eye out for her clients. She’d make sure the authorities kept an eye out for the noted Pokémon. They might even be able to scour details of the transaction from any records left in the airship’s database.

“Alright then, let’s head back to—

“Bzzt~* Attention all Officers, Hunter J has been spotted outside Motostoke, engaging a trainer. *~Bzzt”

June 11, Saturday - Route 32, Johto. Reina, current rank, 45,547. Reina.

"Well if you ever want to practice some battles, I'm your girl. I am not so good when it comes to contests though, haven't tried any. Could be a fun experience though!" She took out her guide book and started flipping through pages quickly. "But there is a train in Goldenrod City, that takes us to Saffron in Kanto and I believe there are contest there." She paused for a bit as they walked, her green eyes looking at the road ahead as she planned things out in her mind. "How about you go with me to Violet, then we go to Goldenrod and then we can take the train to Saffron?" She smiled as the plan became more clear in her head. "That would allow me to take on two different gym leaders and maybe get some training in the Karate Dojo in Kanto."

Diva's eyes lit up at the thought of a contest, she would be the center of attention. Everyone would see how amazing she was and how there was nothing closer to perfection than herself. This meant this new friend of Reina's was her ticket to stardom. For the time being, Diva would accept the new company.

Giant's Seat, Galar. Ron. June 9th, Ron.

"Motostoke?"

Ron nodded as he went back to gather his things and began getting dressed. "So some lucky punk ran into your target? I've heard of Hunter J, pretty famous in the underground. If she is behind all of this, I would suggest you send back up."

This actually a big opportunity for him, if someone was to know where Team Rocket is still lurking around, it would be someone as famous as Hunter J. "I'll head over there, but my Skarmory is a little tired and running slow, maybe notify someone who can move to their location faster?" In reality he wanted to save energy to pursue the famous criminal in case things went wrong, there's a reason she was still on the lose and running around doing whatever she wanted.

Ron finished getting ready and once again took to the air on Evanes, moving towards the direction of Motostoke. He wasn't planning on engaging her directly, not unless he knew her capture was secured. Then again, if she did get caught, why would she give out important information, like her clients. Maybe he needed another way to get that info...

Not now. Ron turned towards the source of the noise. Probably the worst time to be picking a fight, but then again that trainer wasn't famous for holding back. He could try talking to him or maybe clash and then talk to him after beating him up.

"Steel Wing that brat."

Evanes flew up a few more feet and then dove towards the incoming Corviknight with her wings spread out and giving out a silvery glow.

"I'm really here to get a hot date with her." He pointed towards Hunter J. "I'm surprised to see someone already beat you to battler her. I guess you've been slacking on that training, probably why Poe here is also slacking! Agility!"

Evanes moved out of the way and flew around towards the back of the Corviknight. Ron shot another stare at the soon to be battle in the distance. He couldn't let Hunter J get away and if Acacia didn't get carried away, he could boost Evanes' speed up in case he needed to chase after her. How on earth did that Fiery guy even get a chance to confront her though?

"Hunter J." Ron looked over at the battle. "She is probably the best at what she does, the fact that we're actually looking at her is a miracle. You'll sooner get a hug from me than getting a shot of capturing her." He then pointed at Fiery. "High ranking trainer, I think it was rank 20. Aren't you like 11? You should be more aware of your competition."

He turned back to Acacia, with a smirk on his face. "How about you help that trainer take on J? I need her to be weakened before I make my move. If anyone knows any about the whereabouts of Team Rocket, it's her. I understand if you're too afraid of taking on a real criminal though, don't want you breaking a nail before your next big match."

Trainer Firey Argentston, Rank 20, Lake Axewell, Wild Area, Galar, Thursday June 9th

Gigalith had finished the area of fire as Gyarados got his. Luxray had scouted to see if any other Pokémon were in a sticky situation, he didn't find anything.

"Return!"

All Pokémon currently out that belonged to Firey Argentston were returned to their pokeballs. He then brought out his Salamence in an intent to fly back to Motostoke. He flew into the Air, and started flying when his Salamence started acting strangely.

"Hey, is something wrong?"

Salamence growled, looking at the sight of another Salamence, and a woman on this one. He was looking through his poacher notes he took with Emma and found something. This was a Salamence, known to be the Ace of the Notorious Poacher Hunter J. Firey got closer, preparing for anything. When he got closer, he could confirm that it was in fact Hunter J. An older woman with similar hair and eyes to himself, wearing a red long sleeve shirt with finger holes, red pants, under an almost Garchomp color coat, and a strange metal device on her left hand and wrist, was seen riding the other Salamence.

"This is Trainer Firey "Maze Guardian" Argentston, enlisted with The Inspector, and the Maze Guardian of the Battle Maze, I suggest you stand down, or I will have no choice but to stop you."

Firey knew Volcarona was weakened, and Salamence was needed to stay in the Air. So he grabbed Gyarados's pokeball and had it at the ready

Thursday, June 9 – Motostoke, Galar Region

“Maze Guardian?”

The Silver-haired woman cocked her head, regarding the man before her with a half-glance. Though he mirrored her with his own Salamence, the man who presumed himself her equal was anything but. He brandished a Pokéball in hand and his voice thrummed with tension that betrayed a certain uncertainty.

“Never heard of you,” she breathed, seeming to shimmer as she did, winking out of existence for an illusory moment.

“How about you run along and find me a real challenge?”

Colored
Route 32, June 11

"Kanto, huh... I guess I HAVE heard of some Contests going on there. So sure, I wouldn't mind a bit of a regional journey to try and get my journey properly started."

Honestly, Colored didn't mind more cross-regional travel to wind up here. She already had to come quite far from Galar, so a small train journey probably wouldn't be all too much of a hassle. Yet the comment on battles almost any time had perked her up far more, and caused Mocha to grow equally excited.

"And I'm certainly game to try a battle, perhaps when we're in Kanto. Mocha here only has one proper attacking move, just being Ember for now, but I feel that she'll get something new rather soon. I've done a tiny bit of research on her, and judging by a move she's recently learned she's around level 27 at best."

While the analysis seemed a tiny bit uncalled for, Colored just seemed happy to go on about her Vulpix and her desire to train it up somewhat. Though, on the realistic side, her team's moves were more Contest oriented than battle oriented.

"Oh, don't feel pressured in any way. I'm just playing around." Nicole admitted, scratching the nape of her neck as she hoped to lighten the mood. As she followed Lara down the streets of Motostoke, the girl tried to start another conversation. "Sooooo, where are you from, if I may be so rude? I'm from Lentimas Town in Unova, a small town at the foot of a volcano. How about you?"

As the woman awaited a response, she looked up at the sky and saw an unwelcoming sight. Recognizing the two Pokémon as Salamence, every primal instinct in her body awakened and told her to run. "Um, Lara, I hate to be rushing you, but do you think we could pick up the pace? There seem to be dark clouds brewing overhead, and it is never good to stay out in a storm." The woman chuckled before pushing Lara a bit. She really did not want to hang around with not just one, but two ravenous dragons up above.

------------------

Ezio Farello, June 9th, Entrance to Rasp Cavern, Renbow Island, Oblivia

After a long and uncomfortable flight, thankfully without a roaring monster this time, Ezio had made landfall on Renbow Island. Pasados was quiet, which was odd, considering he was about to be reunited with his long lost partner, but maybe he was just trying to keep it all together. As he stumbled into the cave, Pasados' voice rang inside his head as Ezio's eyes glazed over.

Heading deeper into the cavern, the man was met with a stone slate decorated with a rainbow. The slate opened as Ezio showed no signs of slowing down, eventually entering a room where a very old rock pile started to shift and move. A Rhyperior, but its once vibrant orange colors had turned into a pale brown. The old creature was overcome with emotion as she saw the armor, tears glistening in her eyes as she let out a wailing cry.

Wishing to give the grieving Rhyperior some closure, Ezio put on the suit of armor. A decision he'd come to regret. The moment he put it on, the voice of Pasados boomed from all around him. "I am sorry, but it has to be done." Suddenly, it felt like all of Ezio's organs caught on fire. He dropped to the ground and screamed, his body feeling too small all of a sudden, as if he was about to burst.

Then, just as sudden as it started, it stopped. Whilst the screams of anguish still rang through the cave, he stood up. Ezio, no, someone other than Ezio, looked the Rhyperior in her eyes and got met with a hug. Underneath the armor, the face of a man long lost to time resided as he finally regained a body.

Ron, some weird lake in Galar, idk lost my header and too lazy to look it up.

Ron shook his head slowly. "True don't want your sponsors seeing you team up with someone else to take on a criminal. Go eat your food, I'll handle this."

Feeling a bit disappointed that Acacia still seemed to be the same kid he met back in the day, he tapped Evanes' back and she began flying towards the scene of the battle. The two involved seemed busy checking each other out, must be a Salamence trainer thing, but he couldn't trust the trainer that had caused a mess earlier that day to take care of such an important criminal. In fact, it seemed he couldn't trust anyone around at the moment to step up and do something.

"I know this is a far stretch." He called out to Hunter J. "But would you rather drop this battle and go get a cup of coffee? It's on me." Ron smirked as they approached the famous poacher. "Autotomize girl."

Evanes let out a warning squawk as she body began to glow and the metal around her and her feathers began to become thinner, reducing her weight and increasing her speed. There was no way they could survive long against a Salamence, specially if they had any fire type move, which they almost always did, so instead he would aim for a battle on the ground, where he could use most of his team.

June 11, Saturday - Route 32, Johto. Reina, current rank, 45,547.

"Just Ember?" Reina stopped walking and took a look at the Vulpix. "Maybe we can buy some TRs in Goldenrod! They have a great variety there. Now that I think about it, a fire type Pokemon would be nice to add to my team." She began walking again, looking up at the sun through her sunglasses. "I heard there's Growlithe around Violet City, maybe we can find some and see if they can teach your Vulpix any moves!"

Lara chuckled nervously. She appreciated Nicole trying to lighten then mood by changing the topic, but felt her nervousness still lingering.

"Oh! It's not rude at all. Uhm- I'm also from Unova as well. I-" but the reporter was cut off before she could continue. While being interrupted wasn't anything new for her it was still unpleasant, but she wasn't going to make a fuzz about it. The more confusing thing was what the birdkeeper was saying and she was now pushing her? Instinctually Lara protested and turned to Nicole, "Huh?- What do you mean, dark clouds brewing overhead?" But the red haired girl's question was quickly answered when she looked up. There were two Salamances in the sky having a stare-down. "O-oh," was the only thing she managed to squeak out as she tightly clutched onto her camera.

Lara was frozen in place as if she was a deerling caught in headlights and now there was a trainer on a Skarmory going over to the beastly dragon types? Were they crazy? Wait.. taking a quick double take Lara noticed that on top of both of the dragon types were presumably their respective trainers. The situation was quickly evolving when the third trainer arrived as the silent stares quickly broke out into a battle. Recognizing that even if the Salamances weren't wild, but the fight could quickly turn ugly Lara thawed out of her panicked state just enough to act. One hand still clutching onto her camera and one grabbing hold of Nicole's hand, Lara broke into a sprint, "I see what you mean now- Let's get out of here!" she exclaimed to the other girl as she tried her best to quickly maneuver over to Budew Drop Inn.

Last edited:

Lara seemed to have caught on to Nicole's rushing and spotted the dragon types. Though she didn't quite panic, which is what Nicole wanted to avoid, she did grab her hand and pulled her along. Caught off guard by the sudden act, the girl tried to stick as close to Lara without getting lost and getting caught in the inevitable crossfire.

As the duo entered the Budew Drop Inn, Nicole let out a sigh of relief. "I may like Flying types, but dang. Guess we are cursed to see Dragon types, huh?" The woman quipped, wiping a sweat drop from her forehead.

Johto, National Park (June 8th)

Desmond of course listened in, he had known the term "Dynamaxed" and just the mental image of a giant Hydreigon made him want to pass out on the spot, but thankfully he had managed to shake off that visual as he focused on the trouble Emma's father had faced. If something like that had approahced where he was then yeah, it seemed to be a troubling sight.

"W-wow uh, can't even imagine that. Do you have a way to try and get contact with him?" Desmond asked, of course part of him had wondered why his lips chose those words but it seemed he just spoke without thinking. Politoed of course seemed to be worried given Emma's expression and hopped over to offer a hug to her leg.

June 9th, Wednesday - Marina, Hau'oli City, Mele Mele Island, Alola Region
Joyce Blake, Current Rank: 999,999

"Alright Thorn! Finish this with Tackle!" Standing out on the streets of Hau'oli city was a young woman currently engaged in a battle with one of the local children. The little boy's Alolan Rattata had been putting up a good fight against Joyce's Larvitar. However, it appeared that the Rock type pokemon still had the upper hand and was now going in for the finishing blow.

Bending his legs and lowing his center of gravity, Thorn pushed off the ground and rammed his body into the opposing rat pokemon. The impact sent the Rattata flying back slamming back onto the ground with a loud impact, unable to continue battling.

"Wow lady, you are really strong!" Exclaimed the boy who just lost the battle.

"Heh, well I know a thing or two about battling. Keep training and you'll also grow up to be strong like me someday kid." Replied the girl, letting the words of a 11 year old child get to her head. "Well, that was a fun battle, let's do it again sometime."

With a big smile, the boy waved Joyce goodbye, leaving the girl alone. "Wait, I feel like I'm forgetting something here." This realization suddenly reached the young woman's head. It had already been a day since she arrived at Alola and she couldn't help but feel like she isn't doing what she set out to do. "I came to Alola for a reason, what was it again?" Suddenly, a flash of realization hit the girl. "Oh right! The Island Challenges! I got so caught up battling the locals that I completely forgot! Alright time to get back on track." She said to herself.

"...Wait I still don't know where the Kahuna is." Looking around, Joyce noticed the boy she had battled didn't get too far away yet and frantically ran towards him. "Hey Kid wait up! I have a question! Where is this island's Kahuna?" Thorn trailed behind her, a look of disappointment on his face.

Last edited:
Ron, Motostoke, Galar.

"Quiver Dance?" Ron was a bit surprised by the move Hunter J had just called out, which mean he needed to move in quickly. "Steel Wing!"

Evanes flew up a few feet and then dove towards the Salamence. Her wings began to shine, giving them a shinier metallic look. It wasn't looking to hit it straight on, just to hit its side with her wings. Ron too the opportunity of how close they were in to try and talk with the woman.

"How about we settle this with a game of Poker? Winner buys the other a drink?" He needed to get her talking, he might not have another opportunity to do so.

Thursday, June 9 – Motostoke, Galar Region

“Meet it.”

At J’s call, Salamence beat its mighty wings. It rushed to meet Ron, both Pokémon moving at high speeds. The Hunter was impassive, evidently not roused by her opponent’s jests. As the distance between them shortened, the shadow of a smirk ghosted J’s lips.

The Doctor was truly on the verge of something revolutionary...Pokémon like this were nearly flawless.

“«Flare Blitz»!”

Blue flames ignited across Salamence scales as it rushed straight for a clash with Evanes. Between Steel Wing and Flare Blitz...well, the result of the clash was obvious.

Ron, Motostoke, Galar.

Ron was completely got off guard, they weren't in any position to stop from the incoming collision, it was up to him to try and stop themselves from getting knocked off the air.

"Tuck those wings in!" He called out.

Ron tossed himself to the left, using his weight to yank Evanes out of the way of the incoming impact. This sudden shift in weight of course caused both Ron and his Skarmory to start spinning downwards until Evanes spread her wings open one more time, gliding several feet under the Salamence.

"Okay, so getting close to it was a terrible idea. That fiery dude better have some long range attacks. Meanwhile, let's circle around it."

The Skarmory flapped her metal wings as she gained altitude once more, moving towards the backside of their enemy, keeping their distance this time and putting Hunter J between Ron and Fiery.

Trainer Firey Argentston, Rank 20, Above Motostoke City, Galar, Thursday June 9th

Firey had been preparing to fight Hunter J when a young man and a Skarmory had butted in and attacked immediately. He had no choice but to act.

"Gyarados, Dragon Dance!" His tone more sinister, as the hood went up.

The Atrocious Pokémon popped out of the Pokéball and immediately danced. Firey had recognized the move that J's Salamence used, his Volcarona could use it as well. As such he knew to be careful.

"This is bad, any move may immediately Knock out that Skarmory." Firey responded, "Gyarados, prepare for anything, and The Skarmory's tra-!"

The water and Flying type looked to see if an attack would hit the Skarmory. He then looked to use an attack at some point. The Salamence then used Flare Blitz on the Skarmory.

"When the Salamence goes for its next move, Aqua Tail." He responded.

Trainer Emma Argentston, Rank 48,679, National Park, Johto, June 8th

"I was trying while waiting for a response, but he went straight to voice-mail, may be Mom tried to call him, but still, I am waiting on a update, we should get going to Goldenrod City."

Emma then noticed the Politoed at her leg. She looked down and gave a sad smile.

"I don't know what's going to happen, or anything other than dad's fighting the Hydreigon, last I heard." Emma explained.

Drampa got ready to go towards the City, as Emma looked at Desmond with worry. What she didn't know, was that her dad was in combat with Hunter J as they were speaking.