• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Thursday, June 9 – Motostoke, Galar Region

The trainer’s sudden and reckless dodge was enough to cause even J to be taken aback by surprise. It seemed this battle wouldn’t be as easy as she expected. Without such precision turning Salamence could only strafe past the Skarmory, released a vicious growl of promised pain.

At that moment, the other trainer took his chance to butt in, and his Gyarados rushed forward with an Aqua Tail. Although Skarmory could match Salamence’s speed after its Automize, Gyarados proved a bit lacking. As the atrocious Pokémon approached, Salamence was able to whirl around to face the incoming Aqua Tail.

Learning from her earlier mistake, J wouldn’t give the man as much room to dodge. She waited into the Gyarados was almost directly upon her and then made her call.

“Salamence, «Freeze-Dry»!”

With a beat of its wings, the air became white with frost—J intended to freeze the Aqua Tail and the Gyarados while also dealing a quad effective move enhanced by Quiver Dance.

National Park, Johto (June 8th)
The Politoed seemed to hug Emma as the sad smile only had slight assurance, it had no way to fully understand what was going on but it hoped its new friend as it hopped back over to Desmond. Desmond in kind returned his partner to its Pokeball when the announcement had come from Emma that they should head to Goldenrod City as the young man offered a slight nod.

As he had began to follow, he had felt he was in an awkward spot. Normally he had tried to keep himself out of these personal conflicts, it had not been his style to get mingled but given his own history when he heard a loved one had been in peril it compelled the more socially recluse young man to have attempted to say something assuring.

"Your father I am sure is the type prepared for this. Have to believe he'll be okay." Desmond said as he attempted to encourage Emma.

Trainer Firey Argentston, Rank 20, Motostoke City, Galar, Thursday June 9th

"Dragon Dance, then Outrage." Firey responded Deadly calm.

The moment the Freeze-Dry landed, Gyarados had roared, its tail frozen, but He could use it to his advantage, he then danced, using the new found speed boost and attack boost to possibly break out his tail. He wasn't unphased, it hurt, a lot, but he knew he could try to distract. So he unleashed his inner rage, and promptly went to whack the Salamence, with newfound speed. Firey knew he needed to end this quickly and the best choice was probably the most dangerous, Gyarados went with his frozen tail straight towards the Salamence's Side, he took remembered that he could possibly beat Salamence with, that can Also fly, and if things went bad, could be a getaway, but would she listen, that was his question. So his last trip left him with a few potions and a Max Revive, he used it on the Luxury Ball, knowing full well what could go wrong. He knew he had to restock after this, unfortunately.

"Once Gyarados goes down, I'll let her out." Firey just hoped she'd understand that J was a threat to her child and would listen for that Deino's Sake.

J was surprised to see the Gyarados power through her Freeze-Dry, and as it shifted into a second dragon dance and came at her with blistering speed, she had little time to react. Still, little didn’t mean none.

Gyarados made a ferocious swing at Salamence’s side and the dragon’s scales began to glow. As Gyarados’ tail landed, Salamence let out a painful scream, but J merely whispered quietly. It was already over.

“«Counter»”

Before Gyarados would even have time to move, the rebound from its Outrage would wash over it, made all the more potent because of its raised attack power. The result was a blow-back of draconic power that would engulf Gyarados in an instant.

Ron, Motostoke, Galar.

"Tch."

Ron couldn't believe the moves the Salamence was pulling. Not knowing what it was capable off made things a lot worse. He would need to get more creative, mare bait out more of its moves. Once he knew what he was facing, he could try and create a strategy. For now, all he could was try and help Fiery get himself together after his Gyarados getting knocked out.

"We're up next!" Ron called out, looking to distract Hunter J and have her focus on them. "Let's go girl, Slash!"

Evanes flew up high and then began to dive towards the Salamence, her claws held out in front of her ready to claw any surface it touched. The attack was direct, but they were ready for anything the dragon could throw at them, at least, that's what Ron hoped for.

One after the other...J muttered with some disgruntlement. Seems like they couldn’t catch a break with all these trainers harassing them. However, the Hunter stayed calm in spite of that. As Skarmory screeched in to rake its edges against Salamence’s body, the Hunter took her chance!

“Salamence, «Psych Up»!”

In the moment that scales and steel feathers collided, Salamence copied Skarmory’s stat changes, and its body grew increasingly limber. Now it was their turn to chase!

With a thunderous gust, the Salamence rocketed after Skarmory as J called its next move.

“«Parabolic Charge»!”

Gyarados had managed to land the first Outrage, but not enough, as the Salamence used Counter. Gyarados was covered in his own attack, as it sent the Gyarados down, but, Firey knew this was a possibility, so he returned Gyarados for the switch. The Luxury Ball opened to Reveal a Hydreigon, who looked incredibly pissed off. The Dark and Dragon Type looked at Firey spitefully.

"Hydreigon, we need to work together, this woman would threaten you, and your child," Firey responded, "I don't want to know what would happen if your child was in her hands, as such, to prevent that from happening, work with me, to protect your child, I went in with an intention to get your child and yourself relocated safely, I was intending to relocate you to my Facility."

Hydreigon had looked at Firey spitefully, but figured for both their protections, her own and her child, she had to agree for now, she will Dragon Pulse him later for this.

"Dragon Pulse, see the Skarmory, don't aim for it, aim for the Pokémon that would eat your child for breakfast."

Hydreigon's rage had been showing towards literally anyone and anything in the air allowing her rage to be shown towards that Salamence and fired the attack directly at its mouth. A Parabolic Charge hit Hydreigon at that moment, causing the
Pokémon to get a bit angrier that she already was, it didn't do much damage wise.

The Dragon Pulse collided with Salamence detonating into a cloud of smoke. Hidden by the debris, J and Salamence flickered erratically. The Hunter clicked her tongue as she noticed this. Her eyes turned to their new opponent. The parabolic charge had allowed them to recover a slight amount of HP, but it was nowhere near enough. In that case...

With its greatly enhanced speed, Salamence arrived next to Hydreigon in the blink of an eye. It growled sweeping its long neck forward to deliver a «Draining Kiss»!

"Flash Cannon in its face!"

Hydreigon fired three Flash Cannons, one from each head, right into the Salamence's face, it had touched Hydreigon, dealing Serious Damage as well, she knew she had to hold on, for her sake, and her child's. She roared in pain, with its three heads in a Hyper Voice as a response to being Draining Kissed through the Flash Cannon. Hydreigon was enraged, this Pokemon thought it could do whatever it pleases, including threatening her own life. Her hatred for Humans would have to be on hold due to a bigger threat, but one of her heads will remind the others to attack him at some point.

-------

The Politoed seemed to hug Emma as the sad smile only had slight assurance, it had no way to fully understand what was going on but it hoped its new friend as it hopped back over to Desmond. Desmond in kind returned his partner to its Pokeball when the announcement had come from Emma that they should head to Goldenrod City as the young man offered a slight nod.

As he had began to follow, he had felt he was in an awkward spot. Normally he had tried to keep himself out of these personal conflicts, it had not been his style to get mingled but given his own history when he heard a loved one had been in peril it compelled the more socially recluse young man to have attempted to say something assuring.

"Your father I am sure is the type prepared for this. Have to believe he'll be okay." Desmond said as he attempted to encourage Emma.

"I know, even though he's dealt with many a wild, powerful Pokémon, and relocated them to his facility, where he's been giving them a home to call, a safe shelter, not many people come to see them as to challenge him, and this Hydreigon was most likely nothing like mom's." Emma responded, "I just hope he's okay, this is the one that scares me, and I'll show you why."

Emma opened her bag, remembering her Dynamax Band from Galar. She pulled it out and put it on

"This is a Dynamax Band, you can use it in certain places in Galar to Dynamax your Pokémon, and Pokémon in dens, which are places that can Dynamax, you can encounter a Pokémon that can Dynamax, dad found a Hydreigon, which if I recall, will respond to anything moving nearby it by attacking it out of the blue."

Emma had been holding her Cherish ball, which was empty, at them moment. Drampa looked at his trainer, giving a nuzzle as the Normal and Dragon type looked out for any children he may see.

"This was a gift from my dad, he told me to catch a Pokémon in it that you would hold dear, I don't know, I may catch a Haxorus or a member of the family with it, Dad had one on his third team."

At that moment something green with dark green started looking at the two, not sure about what they were doing in the area.

Ron, Motostoke, Galar.

Evanes tried to avoid the incoming attack from the Salamence, but it's new speed was making things difficult. Lucky for her the Hydreigon took the impact and was now on the receiving end of a Draining Kiss? That might be the opening they needed.

"Steel Wing!"

The Skarmory turned around, once again her wings gained a metallic glow as it dove towards the Salamence in an angle, looking to strike its wings and avoid any collision with the Dark Dragon type who had begun attacking back with Flash Cannon. Ron pressed his body against his Pokemon's metal back, hoping to increase the speed as they pierced through the air towards their target.

June 9th, Motostoke City outskirts
Ken Blake, rank 99

"Woah, now that's something you don't see everyday." Sitting atop his own Salamence, Ken Blake was observing the skirmish between two trainers and the infamous Pokemon Poacher J through a pair of binoculars. The Ultra ranked trainer was simply planning to take it easy while he waited for the coronation matches to begin, but he overheard the news of a rampaging Hydreigon near Motostoke City and couldn't resist going to check it out. However, it appeared the issue had already been quelled by the time he arrived. Just as he was about to leave disappointed, the scuffle against J began.

"That Salamence has been using moves its species has no way of even knowing, the hell is going on over there?" In response to this, Crescent simply let out an unsure growl as he also had no clue what was happening with Hunter J's Dragon pokemon. "Oh well, whatever it is we better keep our eyes on that battle. If things go south we will be able to quickly swoop in an provide assistance. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though." Ken commented casually. Crescent continued to intensely observe the other Salamence, not knowing how such an abnormal entity can be part of the same species as himself.

J sneered as the Hydreigon responded with Flash Canons and Hyper Voices. She could even hear the screech of Skarmory coming from behind. She was in a pickle but luckily, Fiery had opted to brute force his way through. Draining Kiss was a quad-effective move, and by choosing to trade blow for blow with her Salamence she was able to not only match him for damage dealt but also restore HP.

The reality of the situation was that by not freeing his Hydreigon when he had the chance and by allowing it to be consumed by its rage, he had signed off on its demise.

“Keep draining!”

Even as Salamence was pelted by attacks, a subsequent draining kiss followed, and J knew Hydreigon wouldn’t last. In a moment or two, it would be completely drained of all its health. With that foreknowledge in mind, J prioritized defeating Hydreigon over avoiding the incoming Steel Wing.

Unfortunately, Hydreigon hadn’t changed the state of the battle. It would deal about as much damage as Salamence would restore from draining it, barely breaking even.

Still, the damage was beginning to rack up. The HP she drained from Hydreigon wouldn’t account for the earlier Outrage and Skarmory’s Slash and now Steel Wing...

J frowned as Salamence began to flicker erratically, hexagonal sparks emerging from its body. It was almost at its limit...she needed to make some room to recover, or the next attack could have dire consequences.

"One last move is all we need, Hydreigon, there is a way to get you out, use Hyper Voice, could you point two of them forward, as if you are trying to get away from me."

Hydreigon figured out what he had meant, and gave off the Hyper voices, using them to attempt to Jettison away from the Salamence.

"I would stay here, think like our fight."

Hydreigon's rage was still present, which was really what was running her right now, but she knew that Maybe using some of those combats, but that was no use, she was facing something far beyond anything she's ever faced, even that Stupid Volcarona. She had let her new found determination to protect her child, even though he was the one that attacked her. She fired off a Last Dragon Pulse, before Firey had no choice but to return her, bringing out his Hawlucha.

"I'd rather be facing several of my coworkers than this, Return, Hawlucha, your turn, Aerial Ace."

The Fighting and Flying type immediately went at a blinding speed, as done by the move, targeting Salamence.

Last edited:

Quick as lightning, Salamece lashed out with its claws, deflecting Hydreigon’s secondary mouths and its attempt at a final Hyper Voice. With its greatly enhanced speed, it was able to avoid Hydreigon’s subsequent attacks rather easily and even the Hawlucha that followed up with an aerial ace was far too slow to keep pace with Salamence.

Easily shaking off its assailants the dragon soared into the sky.

“Salamence, «Recover»!”

As Salamence went about restoring its health, J looked down at her two foes and even noted a third foe hovering a short distance away. If she wanted to achieve her goals then she’d need to start playing a bit smarter, even with all the moves in the world she’d lose if they ganged up on her.

Divide and conquer was the name of the game!

“Salamence, use «Haze»!”

The air quickly filled with smoke, clearing all stat changes and more importantly, concealing J from view. The Hunter knew this could be a point of advantage for her and quickly had her Salamence use « Odor Sleuth » to pick out her foes. Her first target was, of course, the boy with the Skarmory. His harassment had gone on long enough...

Ron, Motostoke, Galar.

"Aw shit."

Ron looked up as the Haze covered the air. It was like a soft reset, the Salamence probably fully healed after using the Hydreigon as food and then using recover. The situation could become endless unless they managed to get a critical hit or something. However, the issue remained the same, the Pokemon knew moves it shouldn't be able to know and that just made things complicated.

"Alright girl, for now, let's watch out for that Flare Blitz, Iron Defense."

Evanes' body began to glow again, her metal becoming shiner as the defense increased. Meanwhile Ron scouted the haze above them, waiting for the next attack. A little concerned that the famous Hunter J had actually escaped and wasn't there anymore.

"You still here?" He called out. "You seriously don't want that cup of coffee? Still on the table!"

Lara Brook - 9th of June - Budew Drop Inn, Motostoke, Galar

"Y-yeah," was all that Lara could say as she took a second to herself to catch her breath. She had in no way expected the day to be as hectic as it turned out to be, but at least they're safe now. Directing her attention to her surroundings she heard a lot of whispers and murmurs going around with people gathering up by the windows to spectate the ongoing fight. Something that caught the reporters attention was the repeating name of Hunter J. While Lara didn't recognize the name, she did notice the apparent suspense as the small crowd looked out the window.

Quickly, the red haired girl grabbed her phone from her bag and moved to the window to try and snap a picture of the fight. This wouldn't be used in an article, far from it. She figured that if this Hunter J person is someone infamous, it could be something that KENN would be interested in. Going over to tap a message, she noticed a twenty minute old message detailing the Hydreigon incident and something about an airship? Well, Lara had already been way up close with the dragon and that was enough for her. She'd have to look through her camera for any viable pictures together with Rotom later.

Even if the picture wasn't the best quality wise, not to mention the cloud obscuring one of the trainers, the young reporter sent it with the caption, "Hey. There's a battle going on in the sky close to Motostoke. Three trainers total. One of them is Hunter J, I think". It didn't take long at all for Lara to receive an answer.

"Alright. We'll send out someone to scout out the situation. If this is actually Hunter J.. This is going to be big." The girl read to herself. She noted to herself to read up on whoever this person was. By the sounds of the little snippets of whispers she caught, Hunter J wasn't anyone good.

Nicole Newman, June 9th, Budew Drop Inn, Motostoke, Galar

As Nicole managed to catch her breath, she moved over towards Lara and looked out the window. Scowling, the woman glared at the battle happening up above. "I don't know who's responsible for that battle, but do it in the Wild Area or something. Don't needlessly endanger people by wanting to show off your strength, you lunatics."

"I must say, it's lucky that you knew where to go. If it was just me, I'd be rushing around in the streets. Guess big cities just aren't for me." Nicole chuckled, trying to lift the atmosphere and getting her mind off the monstrous power right above her head.

Lara Brook - 9th June - Budew Drop Inn, Motostoke, Galar

Lara turned her attention to Nicole, " haha well, I've been here for two days now and since this is pretty much next to the stadium it's quite difficult to miss." Lara said and scratched the back of her head a little, "Well, I grew up in Nimbasa City, so I guess I'm used to navigating around larger cities," she continued, steering the conversation back to now properly answer Nicole's question that she asked outside.

The reporter took off her camera, and noticed she'd forgotten to put the lens cap on it. While it could be understandable that the thought escaped her due to the two dangerous situations she had to escape almost back to back but, she couldn't help but internally berate herself for forgetting it. It was expensive equipment and her personal camera at that too. Well, it looked like the camera was fine and the frown on Lara's forehead eased a bit as the girl put her equipment inside of the satchel properly.

Colored
Route 32. June 11th

"A TR...? Oh, a Technical Record. I've heard about those and I have a small list of ones I planned to get for Mocha when I could evolve her... guess it wouldn't hurt to look into one now."

Colored had pulled out a warm, fawn coloured notepad which, when opened, simply had a few moves a Vulpix could learn via TRs as well as little doodles to go alongside them. Because hey, just writing would be FAR too boring to do.

'Swift - Combine with Ember / Will-O-Wisp for effect.
Weather Ball? - Very situation dependant.
Hex - Try to prioritise! Excellent Contest appeal.
Sunny Day? - May be a bit pointless w/o Weather Ball and I don't want to get both.
Safeguard - Could be good for something.
Fire Spin? - Too much fire might not be good.
Round - ALSO PRIORITISE! Firey music could be very appealing!'

The list seemed very well researched, and each point could be backed up rather well by what Colored had written in the notepad. Guess she was just the kind of Trainer to seriously research topics if she wanted to make something work well in her favor.

"I think just one of these would work well... but I think if Hex is in the department store then I'll try and buy it. I think the cash I have is enough... but if you think I should aim for anything other than Hex, I'd be happy to hear your thoughts."

“You shouldn’t Taunt your betters, boy.”

J burst from the haze and barreled towards Ron, her Salamence’s eyes glowing with the light of taunt. Once she could shut down her opponent’s status moves it made it much simpler to take them out, especially if once she started reestablishing her own stat buffs. She just needed to pin it with a powerful move!

“Salamence, «Heat Wave»!”

June 11, Saturday - Route 32, Johto. Reina, current rank, 45,547.

"Hex?" Reina peeked at the notebook for a moment and then looked at the Vulpix. "That sounds really good! A ghost type move is always a good option, well all moves are, but Hex sounds great." There wasn't much information she could give, since she had never used Hex before herself.

The group continued on for most of the day, getting through the route pretty quickly. They had stopped to eat some lunch and Reina ran into some picnickers, challenging one of them to a battle and improving her WCS rank once more. She also failed to catch a Bellsprout, who was surprisingly fast and they lost site of it once they started chasing it. The rest of the route was cleared by just walking and talking, until they finally reached Violet City.

"Finally! Just in time also, I could really use some dinner." Reina raised her arms as she stretched them towards the orange sky above them. "Is it me or are these cities nothing like Goldenrod? They look so ancient." She said while looking at the long looming tower in the distance. "Anyways, anything you wanna do before we call it a day? I still have some energy left."

June 11, Saturday - Violet City, Johto. Reina, current rank, 45,385.

Ron, Motostoke, Galar.

"Seriously?!" Ron saw as the enemy emerged from the black cloud and sent another fire type attack at them. "Can't win this on our own, Linkin, Protect!"

Ron threw the Pokeball towards Hunter J and her Salamence. From it, a Blastoise emerged with a cocky grin on his faces as he faced the incoming attack. He disappeared inside his shell, spinning quickly and creating and invisible barrier, protecting him and his teammates from the incoming Heat Wave attack. Once the move was over, Ron quickly returned him back to his Pokeball.

"We could've been friends you know!" Ron called out. "We still can, maybe we can get a beer instead?" He tapped on Evanes' shoulder. "Get ready to use Agility girl."

The Skarmory didn't seem to listen though, as her eyes were set on the Salamence and screeched at it, as if getting ready to attack. Ron looked confused for a bit until he took one closer look at his Pokemon's face. Evanes looked upset, a small red glow in her eyes letting her trainer know that she was under some effect. Ron sighed, things were starting to look bad.

"Oh uh, okay..." Desmond had simply said as he blinked a bit, given his own Poke-Phobia this was an experience he understood as certain Pokemon had been a bit more aggressive than others. Course, he had an impulse to treat all Pokemon that way but he had given the platform to Emma as she desired to show him something.

What he had seen was her pull out some sort of white band with what appeared to be a red cross symbol on it, and as Emma explained it was the Dynamax Band. An item that Desmond had known was of Galar origin and tied to its larger than life stadium competitions and from what he heard made certain Pokemon giant sized. Which had been a terrifying mental image, but he swallowed that as Emma focused on her primary point.

Seemed that certain Pokemon reacted aggressively to this, the Hydregion seemed to be the Pokemon of interest. "S-so you are worried a Dynamaxed Hydregion will be that much more aggressive?"

As she explained then her other item, a Cherish Ball, and its symbolic meaning to her Desmond seemed to adopted a less nervous face and a more, reflective one as he had known the value of such a gift from someone special. His own fingers seemed to trace around the locket on his neck as he nodded a bit to her story.

"Sounds like a good man. I am sure whatever Pokemon you pick with that w-will be blessed." Desmond had said before he noticed the, well, not anything as he scanned by that sixth sense of his that alerted him to danger. He preferred to call it a sort of special instinct, others would've called it paranoia.

June 9th, Motostoke City outskirts
Ken Blake, rank 99

Ken was still hovering above the ground atop Crescent when he noticed J cast a glance towards his direction. "Oh I think we've been noticed. Oh well, its not as if we were trying to be stealthy." Reaching into his bag, the man pulled out a poffin which he swiftly threw to his Salamence who happily ate it. "That weird Salamence refuses to go down huh, at this rate at least one those 2 other guys will fall first. Looks like we might have to prepare to engage Crescent. Kind of a pain to be honest." The trainer rambled out loud.

“Again, «Heat Wave»!”

The boy’s quick thinking had saved him once, but J saw through his method of defense. As Salamence spread its wings and once more scorched the air with heat, J gave the creature a meaningful pat. This time the attack would be continuous!

J appeared to closely watch the boy’s next action; however, she wasn’t that concerned with her opponents. They were disparate, fractured, and more intent on showing off than dealing with her. That or maybe it just hadn’t occurred to them that they could attack together. Either way, even if they just kept attacking her one by one the issue was that Salamence would run out of power...she needed to wrap things up soon.

Colored
Route 32 > Violet City, June 11

Similarly to her travel partner, Colored had seemed to attempt her own capture during the journey as well. She had aimed for a Hoppip she had seen floating around, but the small Cottonweed Pokémon had flown off before she could even ready a ball. She was honestly pretty upset by that, but her overall spirits hadn't been dampened. At least until the mention of calling it a day occurred, as Colored had grown oddly anxious at it.

"Oh-haha-wh-what if we just... don't do that? Sure it's gonna do no harm to either of us... none at all, h-heh..."

Due to Mocha having been recalled after a while, Dawn had essentially taken the lead for being the Pokémon out of her ball for Colored. On seeing how she was acting she had just sighed at her actions, <Tell your Trainer not to get worried. She's... more of a type to make the most of things.>

There was a hint of annoyance in the Snivy's tone, though she had honestly been dealing with this a long time. Not long after, she had continued with a less sour tone. <Although, I did a bit of rummaging in her bag and she wants to train Mocha a bit anyways. Apparently she's barely on the edge of learning a new move here. So there's that.>

June 11, Saturday - Violet City, Johto. Reina, current rank, 45,385.

"Well then, let's get going!" Reina pulled out her guide book once more, flipping to a page bookmarked by a blue sticky note. "Okay, it says here the Bellsprout Tower is open for all kinds of challengers looking to get stronger and you get a fancy prize once you make it to the top." She showed Colored the page she was reading, displaying an image of the tower in a sepia filter. "Come on, maybe we can team up!"

Reina grabbed Colored's hand and guided her towards the looming tower. On the way there were some people closing up shops while some were just opening them up, decorated with lights of all colors. They also walked next to a big lake that had Poliwags jumping around and playing with some kids while the occasional Hoothoot would hoot as they woke from their slumber. Finally, they arrived at the entrance of the tower, with some sun still lightning up the streets with the help of the street lamps.

"Welcome to the Bellsprout Tower." A sage wearing black and purple robes stood at the entrance. "We're open for training only, tourist must wait until tomorrow for a tour of the tower."

Reina smiled at Colored and then looked at the sage. "We're here for training!"

The sage bowed and stepped aside to allow the two to enter the tower. "Remember, the purpose of this training is to bond with your Pokemon. We suggest you try a Pokemon you don't have much experience with or who lacks trust in you. But, that is our suggestion, feel free to use whichever you feel would be a good choice."

Reina walked inside, looking up at the giant center pillar that seemed to be moving but somehow held the rest of the tower in place. She thought about her choice for the training course. A lot of her Pokemon would benefit from a little training, but Bellsprout were easy wins for most of them. Although, there was one Pokemon who could use a little attitude adjustment.

"I'm going with Diva, you?" Reina looked at her partner while the joyful Clefairy chirped alongside her.

Ron, Motostoke, Galar.

"I'm starting to think you don't like me."

Ron knew he couldn't keep protecting himself from a continuous Heat Wave, which meant for the time being, they would need to retreat and come back with a better strategy.

"Let's avoid death for now, Brave Bird to get us out of here!"

Evanes, with an annoyed look of having to withdraw from battle, turned around and began diving towards the ground, increase her speed with as she did so and just barely managing to escape the burning inferno behind them. Once she was getting close to the ground, she made a harsh 90 degree angle turn, flying over the field until she spread her wings open, which allowed her to slow down and land with her claws outstretched in front of her. Ron climbed off and looked up at Hunter J in the sky.

"Get ready, just in case she decides to set this field on fire along with us. Now, how can we bring her down without killing her..."

Ron, Motostoke, Galar.

Ron turned around as Acacia arrived on the scene once more. He crossed his arms and turned back to the situation above them. "It has moves no Salamence should know and there seems to be no limit as to how many it can learn."

He sighed loudly before explaining what he knew about Hunter J. "As for the trainer. You don't get to be a famous poacher by pure luck. This woman is known always escaping authorities, having survived clashes with some of the best and is one of the most wanted criminals in the world. I'm still hoping to get her number though, but I'm starting to think she's not interested."

‘Like rats out of the woodwork...’ The arrival of yet another trainer had foiled J’s attempt to eliminate on; however, it was to be expected. What else would one expect when they brazenly started a battle outside a city of trainers.

Although Salamence was ostensibly pinned by the spirit shackle, J seemed less than perturbed.

“Alright Salamence, dive down and «Earthquake»!”

Diving right for its own shadow, J intended to fracture the land: launching an attack that would remove her shadow and free Salamence from the binding.

Hawlucha was astonished, nothing should be able to just dodge that attack that easily. He then snapped out of that state, realizing he needed to focus.

"Swords Dance, followed up with Flying Press, but use the momentum to try and stop the descent," Firey responded, "We need to stop it from earthquaking."

The Fighting and Flying type landed on His Salamence's head, dancing, red sparkles appeared as his attack increased. The Wrestling Pokémon then went for a wingside Descent, aiming to try and make it crash-land, rather than its intentions.

----

"Oh uh, okay..." Desmond had simply said as he blinked a bit, given his own Poke-Phobia this was an experience he understood as certain Pokemon had been a bit more aggressive than others. Course, he had an impulse to treat all Pokemon that way but he had given the platform to Emma as she desired to show him something.

What he had seen was her pull out some sort of white band with what appeared to be a red cross symbol on it, and as Emma explained it was the Dynamax Band. An item that Desmond had known was of Galar origin and tied to its larger than life stadium competitions and from what he heard made certain Pokemon giant sized. Which had been a terrifying mental image, but he swallowed that as Emma focused on her primary point.

Seemed that certain Pokemon reacted aggressively to this, the Hydregion seemed to be the Pokemon of interest. "S-so you are worried a Dynamaxed Hydregion will be that much more aggressive?"

As she explained then her other item, a Cherish Ball, and its symbolic meaning to her Desmond seemed to adopted a less nervous face and a more, reflective one as he had known the value of such a gift from someone special. His own fingers seemed to trace around the locket on his neck as he nodded a bit to her story.

"Sounds like a good man. I am sure whatever Pokemon you pick with that w-will be blessed." Desmond had said before he noticed the, well, not anything as he scanned by that sixth sense of his that alerted him to danger. He preferred to call it a sort of special instinct, others would've called it paranoia.

As Desmond responded, she had been worried about her dad, he seemed to relieving her, for now. She still didn't know that her dad was in combat with a Certain Poacher, but that was to be revealed later.

"Thank you, you've been quite the help, Desmond," Emma responded.

Drampa was fine, and made sure his trainer was not going to cry, if so, someone's house was going to be destroyed, whoever made his trainer cry, to be specific. Emma petted the Normal and Dragon type, trying to calm the Pokémon down.

"Cinderace has been with me since we met in a cemetery in Galar, he was a Raboot at the time, his trainer had died, I don't know how, as Cinderace's trainer, I get notifications if one of that Trainer's Pokemon were to be caught."

Her X-Transceiver went off, saying that a Pupitar had been caught with the Same original trainer as Raboot.

"A Pupitar with Cinderace's original trainer had been caught, Cinderace may remember her," Emma explained, "That relieves me further, Pupitar was probably the least likely get a new trainer, with her Shy personality, met Pupitar once due to a situation with Cinderace when he was still a Raboot."

Emma had put the Cherish Ball back in her bag and pulled out Cinderace's Pokéball, holding the Pokéball.

Nicole Newman June 9th, Budew Drop Inn, Motostoke, Galar

"Nimbasa City, huh? So a fellow Unovian, what a delight. I suppose it really is a small world after all. Tell me, what made a city girl like you undertake a journey like this? Surely Nimbasa could use some reporters as well, no? If the brochures were true, there are two stadiums with sports matches that can be reported on and surely the Battle Subway can be a source of material, no?"

Nicole sat down on a chair, crossing her legs. "Take a seat. You're here for a while, especially with them flying up above," The woman jerked her thumb up to the sky. "So we might as well make ourselves comfortable. I'm sure the time will fly by before we know it, you must have some interesting stories to tell from your job."

"I don't know about help..." Desmond mused a bit, he had not been too sure if he said the right words or not but it seemed Emma believed in them if nothing else. Given how Emma shifted from panic to a detailed talk about certain Pokemon That she seemed to have a connection with that belonged to another trainer. This concept was one that had been more foreign to the young man but Emma further explained herself and soon a notification sounded.

And it seemed her X-Transceiver signaled another had found a home, the one she seemed to be most concerned with, as Desmond merely nodded along as this seemed to encourage her.

"Well, guess we can take that as a hopeful sign." Desmond said as he saw the Pokeball that continued another of her Pokemon, he guessed Cinderace as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Seems you have quite a diverse set."

Lara Brook - June 9th - Budew Drop Inn, Motostoke, Galar

Lara seemed to fluster slightly as Nicole continued to ask more questions. For her it was somehow surprising that the birdkeeper continued to talk with her. The red haired girl expected that she'd go and book herself a room, but there was no harm in answering her questions, right?

Lara gave a slight, but an awkward smile and took a seat opposite to Nicole, "Well.. yes. Nimbasa would probably have plenty of work for me, but when KENN told us that they need some reporters over to Galar for the upcoming World Coronation Series that'll happen in a few days here, I took up the offer. I've always wanted to travel, to go somewhere outside of Unova and I couldn't pass up the opportunity I guess.." She explained. She felt awkward and slightly anxious while talking, evident by her gaze being mostly fixated on the floor as well as her fidgeting with her bag. Either due to Lara wanting the focus to be shifted off from her, as a requirement of basic manners or a mix of both, the red haired girl returned the question, "Uh- If I may ask. Why are you here in Galar?" the question a lot more forward, but Lara didn't quite know how to word it otherwise.

June 9th - Motostoke

By the border of the city and the outskirts, a small group of KENN workers had situated themselves at a safe enough distance where they still had a good view of the fight. They were notified to arrive there as soon as possible after it was confirmed that Hunter J was indeed involved in the battle as well as a couple of high profile trainers. After setting everything up they began the live broadcast.

"Good afternoon. This is KENN. It's Thursday, June ninth. I am Wanda Wilkerson reporting live from Motostoke city. Right now there is a fierce battle going on between the infamous poacher, Hunter J, the Maze Guardian Fiery Argentston, top trainer Acacia Song as well as a third trainer alongside them..." the woman holding a microphone began talking and explaining the current situation as well as narrating the battle. The camera moved from the reporter to then the airborne battle.

"That's admirable, not everyone would be willing to leave a city like Nimbasa for a job in a different region." Nicole tried to make Lara feel at ease, as she clearly felt uncomfortable with how she looked at the floor. Smiling at Lara, she broke eye contact and looked at the roof as she tried to give an answer. Hopefully Lara would relax more without eye contact.

"I left Lentimas when I got Cassidy to fully trust me after her recovery, though my reasoning is a bit more immature than yours. I just felt the need to see more of the world whilst I still could, without really preparing. I have all the essentials for camping and the like, but money management is not really my strong suit, so I have to take all kinds of odd jobs to make sure I can stay at an inn 'inn' case I need it. Sorry for the pun, I couldn't resist." The woman said, chuckling at her own bad joke.

"I don't really have any other reason for travelling other than sight-seeing, and I don't know when I will return to Lentimas. I suppose I'll just have to see where I'll be before the money runs out, but why worry about something like that now? I'm still relatively young, so I should enjoy the time I have whilst I still can. That's something my dad used to say, and maybe he was right."

Lara seemed to be more at ease when listening to Nicole. She admired the birdkeeper for simply just going out and seeing where the world takes her, while she only had the guts to do it on the premise of having a stable income, but still having the chance to travel around. Of course it wasn't all pro's since she'd be restricted every now and then where she'd be stationed, like now. Well, at least she had the opportunity to do something she loves as her job, or well.. to a certain degree at least.

"It takes a lot of courage to do something like that," Lara spoke and gave a slight smile, this time both were leagues more genuine after being intrigued by Nicole's reasoning for her travel. She wished that she could someday do something similar to Nicole. Just travel around a region, exploring and experiencing new things.. Perhaps someday. After working for KENN for a while and having a bit of a monetary cushion to fall back on just in case things went south.

"I suppose I just got lucky." Nicole said, detaching a small Skarmory plushie from her backpack and began to absentmindedly play with it as she looked back at Lara, though not quite making eye contact. She was looking at her eyebrows, both to make Lara and herself feel more comfortable. Eye contact could be quite taxing, especially after a day like this.

"Not everyone can just get up and leave, like I did. I just happen to have my own mode of transport with Cassidy, a safe home to return to and funds from my parents to get me going. I did some odd jobs like I said, but they never really stuck for reasons." Nicole didn't feel quite comfortable enough to tell Lara her whole life story, but something about her was calming. Maybe it was the way that they met, but she felt relatively close to her.

"Maybe KENN is in need of a camerawoman or aerial shots, I'm in need of money after all."

Trainer Ariana Montgomery, Rank 20,046, June 9th, on Flight 698 to Hammerlocke

Ariana had been sitting, waiting for the flight to go when a notification from Keen Eye News Network, stating that Hunter J was in combat with Top Trainer Acacia Song, a random Trainer, and The Maze Guardian, Firey Argentston. Ariana was even more worried, she had heard of Hunter J and her exploits, she would be a threat to the Preserve Aspect of the Battle Maze. She had a tear hanging in her eye, her husband had been dealing with a Hydreigon and now Hunter J. Dedenne pulled on Ariana's dress, trying to calm down her Trainer.

"I know," Ariana responded.

A random woman and a young boy sat down next to her, as they looked at the Dedenne trying to calm the Trainer down.

"Is something wrong?" The boy asked.

"I'm worried," Ariana responded.

"We're headed to Hammerlocke to try and see some sights, I'm guessing it's more personal for you."

"My husband has gotten into two precarious situations in a row," Ariana responded, "I'm worried something is going to go wrong."

The P.A. went off saying that the flight will take off in Fifteen minutes.

--------

"I don't know about help..." Desmond mused a bit, he had not been too sure if he said the right words or not but it seemed Emma believed in them if nothing else. Given how Emma shifted from panic to a detailed talk about certain Pokemon That she seemed to have a connection with that belonged to another trainer. This concept was one that had been more foreign to the young man but Emma further explained herself and soon a notification sounded.

And it seemed her X-Transceiver signaled another had found a home, the one she seemed to be most concerned with, as Desmond merely nodded along as this seemed to encourage her.

"Well, guess we can take that as a hopeful sign." Desmond said as he saw the Pokeball that continued another of her Pokemon, he guessed Cinderace as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Seems you have quite a diverse set."

Emma was relieved, until a notification from Keen Eye News Network popped on screen. She opened the notification.

"Good afternoon. This is KENN. It's Thursday, June ninth. I am Wanda Wilkerson reporting live from Motostoke city. Right now there is a fierce battle going on between the infamous poacher, Hunter J, the Maze Guardian Fiery Argentston, top trainer Acacia Song as well as a third trainer alongside them..." The news anchor had said on the live feed to Motostoke.

"Hunter J!?" Emma responded, then whispered, "What is dad thinking, even though he is a top 20 Trainer in the WCS, she is not someone to be trifled with!"

Emma had went from relieved to extremely worried, her Dad had gotten into a fight with Hunter J, one of the world's most infamous poachers, with help from the man who came back out of nowhere and had passed her dad, Acacia, and a random trainer. She didn't know if he'd get out of there alive, much less with out injury.

Lara gave a few nods while Nicole told more about herself. Her gaze bounced back onto the floor every now and then, but then her gaze caught the Skarmory plush. She didn't comment about it though, since she didn't want to interrupt Nicole, but also felt like it wasn't her place to do so either. However, her smile curled slightly wider and her gaze bounced back up to the birdkeeper once again.

"I'll keep that in mind. KENN could always use more people to be a part of the camera crew," Lara replied, moving on with the topic. She still fidgeted a bit, but it was a lot less compared to earlier in their conversation. While she still felt awkward, she felt that she could trust Nicole, but that was probably due to their initial meeting. Lara didn’t want to let it cloud her judgment since she was more on the cautious side with things like stranger danger.

National Part, Johto (June 8th)
Seemed all his efforts to ease her worry, and his own, had been for not as she suddenly got a news update from Galar and it seemed to not be so great. Seemed her father, a top 20 trainer int his WCS had been involved with others in a battle against the infamous Hunter J. Desmond had not been super up to date on foreign affairs but he had known Hunter J well enough to know whatever she had been involved in was bad news.

"Oh t-that doesn't sound good..." Desmond mused, least Emma's father had help in the form of this Arcadia guy, perhaps he had been enough to help get Hunter J off them. Desmond merely hoped the police could get involved in this sooner than later now that it had been reported.

Politoed, sensing duress from both sides, hopped over and gave a hug to each trainer as it had been concerned for them.

Montagne Khastil - Unranked - June 10 - Lumiose City, Kalos

The first thing the young man perceived was the moonlight as it flooded through his cramped cell for the first time since his incarceration. He wondered why the light couldn't be this gentle on his eyes during the day, instead of oppressing them with its harsh fluorescence until they stung when he closed them for the night. He tried to stand on his tip toes, straining to reach the bars and pull himself up to see the Kalosian moon one more time, but when he looked out the window he saw naught but inky blackness staring back.

The man figured it must be night time as he dropped back down to the dank concrete floor, but as his feet touched down he realized that he must be sleeping if it was night. In a literal blink of his eye he was staring down at his sleeping form on the cell bed, and he thought the sight was serene as he studied the even rise and fall of his own chest, his overgrown tangle of hair, and the rare softened expression on his face. But as he studied his face a little closer, the man couldn’t shake the feeling something was…missing.

The man’s hand subconsciously drifted up to the left side of his face and traced a familiar line from his left ear and along his jawline, and as a surge of dread washed over him he fell to his knees. This was the night, he knew it now, and he knew it was futile to stop what was coming, yet he still screamed desperately at the sleeping form in front of him to rise, to fight, to take back what little control he could.

He slumbered on, however, and the man began to weep as the cell was plunged back into the inky darkness with which he was all too familiar. He begged himself to wake up, but his pleas were drowned out by a gurgling sound emanating from the wall behind him. The man's tears ceased as he shakily rose to his feet, and, determined to defend himself, he whirled around with his fists up to fig-

A pair of venomous eyes glared at him from within twisting, writhing shadows, and the bright red orbs paralyzed him as his hands dropped back to his sides in despair. Help wasn't coming, he had to help himself, but he had already failed once. He would just fail again, wouldn't he? After all, he was still lying there, utterly ignorant of the danger mere feet away.

The menacing red eyes glared with a more fearsome intensity, and the left side of the man's face erupted with a white-hot pai-

Monty's eyes snapped open and he instinctually pushed himself into a seated position against his headboard, getting his back to a wall so he could focus on defending from the threat in front of him which was...gone. It was gone. He was home. He was safe.

The criminal breathed a sigh of relief as he let the tension release from his body, and he slumped back down into his covers only to discover they were soaked through with sweat; an increasingly common occurrence since he'd returned home. Monty groaned as he eyed his bedside clock, lamenting how early it was at nearly 4:00 a.m., and swung his legs over the bed to begrudgingly start his day.

Nicole's leg began to bounce as her fingers toyed with the plushie. "That would be great if you could do that. How did you get a job at KENN, if I may be so bold to ask?" The woman seemed to have a hard time sitting still, but she tried her best for it to not be distracting from the conversation. Whilst Lara was technically still a stranger, she didn't seem like someone to be wary of, so Nicole felt safe enough to stim a little bit.

-----------

'Ezio Farello', June 9th, Sky Fortress, Oblivia

The Sky Fortress. A beacon of death, destruction and the hubris of mankind. A foolish attempt to play God, and a costly attempt at that. How many lives were lost at the power of this monstrosity? What twisted mind could design such a thing? And why was someone here?

In the control room, 'Ezio' grabbed a seventh Pokéball, releasing the Rhyperior that used to live in Rasp Cavern. The Drill Pokémon looked around fearfully, her tail poised to strike as Ezio's possessed body began to speak in a long forgotten language. The Rhyperior let out a lamenting cry before pulling the man into a tight hug, causing him to let out a swear due to the injured ribs.

Ezio's spirit finally got a chance to show itself again as Pasados no longer held a tight grip on his body. "I am sorry, son of Valentino, for my methods. However, I had to give her peace of mind. The Sky Fortress is no longer a threat, and she finally knows what happened to me. I no longer have any unresolved business on this mortal plane, so as much as it pains me, I must move on. As much as I wish to have my partner alongside me, it is not her time yet."

Ezio regained control of his body and he finally saw just how old the Rhyperior was. Scars and notches lined her body, her horns were chipped and there seemed to be some kind of burns on her face that Ezio recognized as prolonged exposure to water as tears streamed out of her eyes. Physically unable to do anything else, the man hugged the Pokémon back.

"I leave my armor and partner with you, son of Valentino. May you give her the love I couldn't give her. Our time together was short, but I will never forget you. Farewell." Pasados' spirit faded into nothingness as the armor fell on the ground with a dull clanking sound, soon drowned out by the devestated cries of the Rhyperior who lost her partner twice so far.

Ezio merely stood in silence and tried to comfort the distraught Pokémon. He was going to be here for a while.