• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Azumi Towers- July 6 - Route 7, Kalos

"I would consider myself back up for the rangers. But maybe support for the back up is not a bad idea." Azumi patted her horse Pokémon and peaked around his neck at Monty.

Despite her negative feelings towards the man, she was actually glad he was there. Still, she wasn't just going to smile and express her relief, after all she wasn't in the wrong and she already apologized. Sort of. Her ill tempered crossed her mind, Maker would pull half assed apologies all the time. Azumi knew better than that.

The blonde woman stepped around her Pokémon to confront Monty more directly. "Monsieur, I must apologize again for my outburst and my terrible attempt at an apology before. You really, pissed the off me, I think is the proper expression." She offered her hand to put the past behind them. "Your company would actually be nice, it seems I still have to travel more. Would you like to come along? Roy here is big enough for the two of us." She patted the neck of the Mudsdale, who didn't even seem to notice the impact.

Celia Besnard
July 6th; Route 7, Riviere Walk, Berry Fields, Kalos

Celia grimaced when Monty walked away. Was she a bit too harsh, or was that the older woman's doing? Obviously, she didn't help things and he had gotten quite upset. She wanted to go check in on the others, but she knew leaving now was a terrible move. Monty, despite staying here to guard the beast, wasn't exactly in the best mood currently. To be honest, she was still in shock at the situation. She knew death happened, it was a truth she knew about when she first started questioning where food came from. It was a truth she had to deal with when her father disappeared. Now it was a truth she saw right in front of her. Her stomach twisted, knowing that it would never fly again. Its aura was gone. She felt its life end. Perhaps she could've done more to stop Oracle? Have Luan stop the Absol from ending its life? No... Luan was busy fainting the Yanmega. Perhaps she could've had Dawn do something? Yeah, she could've done something there.

Luan was dealing with this better than his trainer was. Mostly because he knew the fight was far from over and he already knew that Monty was a bad person. His aura wasn't nearly as terrible as the rest of Celia's family, but the Riolu still wanted nothing to do with the trainer who allowed his Pokemon to take another's life. They were not wild creatures, they were bound to trainers! A Pokemon with a trainer had no need for killing unless the threat to their own life or their trainers required a life to be taken, which was not necessary here! The Yanmega was fainted, so the battle was won. Simple as that.

Eventually, Monty carried away the corpse and Celia started to settle down. She probably needed to get back to the others. Standing here would do no good. She supposed she should return to the group. Hopefully, Luan had some idea of what their aura looked like to return to the rest of the group, though she supposed it would just be here, Esther, and Beatrice. Hopefully, no one else would kill a Yanma or Yanmega. Celia doubted she could handle another death today. Not after feeling it like that. As she followed Luan, she started to hear more and more buzzing. That wasn't good. Fortunately, she had joined up with one of them. Beatrice, if she remembered correctly. She had a laptop out, when there were more Yanma and/or Yanmega approaching. She opened her mouth to apologize for not getting here sooner, but quickly pivoted into a more prevalent topic. "What are you doing? Why are you on a laptop?"

July 24th,- Castelia City, Liberty Garden, Unova Region
Joyce Blake

"Sapling and Thorn?" Joyce replied, noticing Hubert's gesture towards her 2 pokemon. "Yeah, they're amazing. I wouldn't be where I am today without them." She began. "Sapling here is a Trutwig, a pokemon native to Sinnoh. My brother gave him to me to start my journey. Thorn here is a Lavitar, an old couple gave me his egg as a gift after I helped them out once, it was really nice of them." She continued. "Oh and this is my Abra, Teller. I caught him during my short visit to Alola." She added, gesturing to her Abra who took a seat on the railing of the boat.

After her introductions, Joyce bent down to get a closer look of Hubert's team. "Wow, these are the little guys who fought during that gym battle. They look even cooler up close." She cheerfully exclaimed. "And you just caught this Horsea right?" The girl pulled out another pokeball from her waist. "I actually have a water type of my own, wanna see him? Come on out Wy- Whoa-oh-oh." As the girl wound her arm back, she was met with a panicked Sapling and Thorn jumping atop her shoulder, causing her to lose balance and fall backwards, dropping Wyrm’s pokeball in the air. Teller hastily grabbed the capsule as it fell out of the air, letting out a breath of relief. "Ow, what's with you guys?" Her response was met with a blank look from her 3 pokemon.

Hubert Lee​

Liberty Garden - July 24​

Hubert barely stifled a surprised laugh when Joyce's partner Pokemon worked together to prevent their trainer from showing her own Water-Type; they knew something he didn't, he supposed. Meanwhile, Hubert's own Pokemon seemed more than happy to mingle with Sapling, Thorn, and Teller, having their own conversations while their trainers spoke.

"Guess they don't want that happening, for some reason. Maybe they'll let you show me once we get back to Castelia."

Sure enough, the ship's horn blew, signaling its departure, and Hubert returned his gaze back to the sea, opting to enjoy the nighttime breeze until he arrived back at the mainland.

- - -

Castelia City Docks​

Hubert made his way over to JJ's side, assisting him in his lookout for a way to Paldea from a closer distance. Though he was down to travel to another region, he couldn't help but address some concerns that arose.

"You have our ride to Paldea figured out, right? Do you know where we can stay once we get there? How to get back if we have to?"

Montagne Khastil
July 6 Rivière Walk (Route 7), Connecting Cave Ranger Camp, Kalos

Monty was half-expecting a screaming match to ensue when he walked up—it wouldn’t be the first time an argument with a beautiful blonde had devolved into one. Instead, Azumi surprised him just as much as she did with her outburst at the farm with a second apology. The memory of their conversation a few days prior in the restaurant wormed it’s way into his head—did she stop at nothing to be a good person?!

“It’s, uh, alright mademoiselle,” Monty said as he took her hand in his own. He blushed a little and briefly averted his eyes, and mumbled an apology of his own. “I’m…uh…sorry about the Yanmega.”

That earned him a sharp look from Oracle, but Monty was quick to move on. “I’d join you on your…” He glanced at the towering Mudsdale. “…Roy, but I’ve never ridden a pokémon before.”

"Well, then just hang on tight."

Azumi climbed on to the back of her horse Pokémon, reaching down to help Monty get on. "Come on, we can't waste precious daylight."

Once Monty was on, she grabbed his hands and placed them around her waist. "If you feel you might fall give me a tug." With that, she tapped Roy's neck and the Mudsdale began trotting onward.

The horse Pokémon wasn't too fast, but it was definitely better than going by foot. Nothing seemed to get in his way, not matter how rocky things got, his hooves smashed through any stone in his path. "Make sure to thank Roy when we get there. Otherwise, he might dislike you."

Jayden Mastermind Jones

"Rule el numero Onu. Paldean for rule number one." JJ cleared his throat with a smug smile. "There are no rules. Numerou Dos! Improvise." He then pointed at a ship, it looked small and had a small crew on it. "Sir! Do you go to Paldea?!" He yelled at them.

The man who looked like a retires Jack Sparrow waved and called back. "We go where the wind takes us!"

"Is it blowing towards Paldea?!"

"I don't know, I think so!"

"Can you give us a ride?!"

"Sure, come on board!"

Jayden looked at Hubert and Joyce. "Told you." The cocky trainer signaled Ele to follow him as they quickly boarded the small ship. "My name is JJ and this is my best friend Hubert and the girl is the one we're competing for to see who marries her, she's Joyce. This is Ele and those are their Pokémon."

"Ay the name is Buck Sarrow, Captain, Buck Sarrow. Welcome aboard the Gray Stone. We always welcome hitch hikers." The captain bowed to the new group and raised his arm. "Raise the vails, prepare the rum and set sail! Hoenn, here we go!"

Jayden tapped his shoulder. "What about Paldea?"

"Ah yes, sorry mate. Paldea! Here we go!"

Milliana Barlowe, Unranked (Will eventually be 106,929), Route 217, June 22nd.
Axel, Route 217, Sinnoh, June 22nd.

Axel pondered while quickly putting up his own tent, he was a curious chap, he had met plenty of people and heard plenty of tales while exploring the great Mt. Coronet. All the while the rocky Arcanine keeping a stoic look over every thing, Clefairy kept helping Duraladon and Bronzor had drifted off into a nap.
"Sandgem eh? Didn't realize the Professor was down there, makes sense though. Sorry to hear your trip has been rough. Mind me asking where you're from and why are you going to see the Professor?"
Axel noticed that the snow had began to lighten up just a little which put a smile on his face. He didn't mind the snow but being buried in it was another thing. He brushed the flurries off his dirty freckled face before shaking out his red hair.

Milliana looked at Axel, he was sure asking a lot of questions. Duraludon was patient as the Clefairy checked over him. Sandshrew looked at the young man.

"I-I'm f-from S-Striaton C-City, U-Unova, a-and I-I m-managed t-to N-narrow d-down w-where a-a S-starter t-that i-is or e-evolves i-into a-a S-steel T-type. I-I a-am h-hoping f-for t-the P-professor t-to b-be a-able t-to t-tell m-me w-which o-one f-for m-me t-to l-learn a-about, a-and T-train w-with m-my S-steel T-types."

Klefki floated around, watching everything from Clefairy helping Duraludon, to the Sleeping Bronzor, and the Strange Arcanine watching Stoicly. Milliana pulled her phone, and made sure things were good. She would text Shiro when she got onto Route 205.

Emma Argentston, Rank 48,679, Cianwood, Johto, July 24th
Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Dogo Onsen Yamatoyo Inn, Cianwood City, Johto (July 24th)

Interactions: @ThAtGuY101 (Aldon) @Cmeriwether (Emma)
Desmond had checked into the inn and his room as he worked to set his camera gear aside. Desmond had no been hankering to go to the hot springs but he guessed his Pokemon, Politoed in particular, would've wanted to check it out so he changed to a looser t-shirt and some shorts before he headed over to the hot springs where it seemed Aldon had already been in the water with Skol while others of his Pokemon enjoyed the scenery as Emma seemed to join the area with her own Pokemon out and about.

Needless to say the bound of Pokemon around in one location caused Desmond to be a bit skiddish, more so when his own in the trio of Politoed, Kricketune and Mimikyu. Politoed seemed to jump over to the hot springs and did a bellow flop as it took to the water like a moth to flame. Kricketune walked over by Emma and her mon as if to say hi and Mimikyu...

"S-stop cuddling me!" Desmond called out with a shiver as Mimikyu seemed to hug its leg which had been endearing to most but crossed his comfort level for someone like Desmond. Desmond none the less entered though avoided getting in the water as he faced the two.

"S-so uh, make yourselves comfortable huh?"

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Skol the king of gods, Bran the bronzor, Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~
~Safari Zone...~
~interactions: Emma, Desmond...~

Aldon nodded along as Emma explained her evolving of volcarona and a more detailed explanation on the dunsparce outbreak. He had heard her mention it earlier, but knew nothing of the incident so any detail was news to him.

"Crossing the road, huh? That must of been a lotta snakes trying to cross the road then. Makes you wonder why the torchic crossed the road scenario, haha" Aldon mused.

Skol looked up from beneath the water. As gastrodon gazed at Skol, so too did Skol gaze back at Gastrodon. Bubbles rose to the water's surface as Skol attempted to speak. Aldon looked around and wondered where he could find Desmond as well.

"Yeah, where is he. Probably in the hotel room or eatin- There he is!" Aldon pressed his index finger to his chin as he watched mimikyu cuddle Desmond once more.

"I know where mimikyu plans to sleep tonight" Aldon said imagining Mimikyu sneaking out of their pokéball in the middle of night to crawl in bed and cuddle.

"Big chillin'!" Aldon said. Meanwhile, Skol was now floating upside down in the water, glancing over at politoad. Wunder continued to look around the pool aimlessly enjoying the steam that came off the top off the top of the water.

Emma had giggled a bit when Aldon said his two cents about the Dunsparce Outbreak. There were a lot of them, and large groups of Pokémon that have rare forms like Dunsparce's evolution, Dudunsparce, attract the attention of some of the more Unsavory people of the world. She had to keep the fact that she fought off poachers going after the Dunsparce for Their Evolution on the down Low. Emma then noticed the Mimikyu, who seemed to be the exact opposite of a Pokémon who lived at her parents' home, and doesn't entirely trust Humans, but seems to get along with a particular Human owned Pokémon.

"Desmond, your Mimikyu seems to be the exact opposite of a Gabite that lives at my Parents' place," Emma responded, then she heard the second part of what Desmond said, "That sounds like a Good idea."

Emma had been sitting when Kricketune approached, Gastrodon turned around to see the bug type, a bit on the shy side as Sliggoo watched the interaction. Emma then laughed a bit when Politoed made a belly flop in the water.

"Hi, Desmond," Emma looked at him, "Can I talk to you privately, it's about what I said at the end of the Phone Call."

Interactions: @ThAtGuY101 (Aldon) @Cmeriwether (Emma)​

"Please try not to put this image in my head. I have to teach this guy uh personal space..." Desmond said as he gently worked to nudge Mimikyu off his leg but the affection of the new teammate had been made crystal clear as it had remained close to the young man.

Politoed in turn seemed to enjoy the water as it swam by Skol as it seemed happy to see it again. "Politoed~!" ("This warm water is great!")

Politoed also saw the Wunder who seemed to look around the pool as it waved to it while Kricketune had moved by Emma and her team and noticed the shy Gastrodon as it tried to be friendly. "Tune~" ("Hello I am Kricketune I hope we can be friends~")

Things seemed to get a little more serious as Emma requested she speak with Desmond alone about their prior call and Desmond seemed surprised but none the less nodded along. "Oh sure, just name the spot." Desmond said, as he had not been sure he was the best for this sort of thing but seemed willing to hear this out.

Mimikyu itself also seemed to sense this was personal and walked over to the edge of the pool as it didn't enter but it seemed to gauge the feel of the heat off the steam.

July 6th, Wednesday - Rivière Walk, Route 7, Berry Fields, Kalos Region
Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

"Hmm, I see." Beatrice mused to herself as she listened in on the ranger's briefing through the lenses of Wattz's drone. She put her tablet down on her table before pressing her finger against her nose. Her theories about what could have happened up North were all true, in parts at least. A combination of her 3 main ideas. The invasive appearance of poachers caused a domino effect that spiraled out of control in a way no one could have foreseen. "Hmm, this is a tough situation, ecology isn't my field of expertise so I don't think I'll have much input on this." She mumbled to herself. "Better to leave it for the professionals and focus on my current task." She added.

The girl reached back into her bag and pulled out another set of earpieces, handing them to her Quaxwell. “Alright, go give these to the others, it’s best we keep our communication clear and concise.” However, Celia’s sudden appearance next to the girl’s work station made the task of handing out equipment a much simpler one. “Ah, good timing. Here, put this on.” She said as she handed one of the devices to the other girl. While this happened, Vallace ran off towards Esther, handing her an earpiece as well.

Following that, Beatrice pulled out a bag with 4 stake like devices inside which she put around her Cyclizar’s neck. “Alright Clyde, go install these on the corners of the farm.” She ordered, causing her pokemon to quickly run off to do his task. Beatrice seemed to have completely ignored Celia’s question as she went back to her laptop. What was on screen appeared to be a satellite image of the farm with a few blinking dots on it, the weather forecast was put in one corner and below it were a few rows of text, each beside a green circle. “Hmm, the swarm is approaching quickly so you should get in position, the focus is currently on where the Yanmega’s body once was since that’s where the scent would be strongest. I’ll have a more accurate reading once Clyde sets up the motion sensors but for now I think you should guard that area.” She explained, making an estimate based on the information she had on hand.

"Please try not to put this image in my head. I have to teach this guy uh personal space..." Desmond said as he gently worked to nudge Mimikyu off his leg but the affection of the new teammate had been made crystal clear as it had remained close to the young man.

Politoed in turn seemed to enjoy the water as it swam by Skol as it seemed happy to see it again. "Politoed~!" ("This warm water is great!")

Politoed also saw the Wunder who seemed to look around the pool as it waved to it while Kricketune had moved by Emma and her team and noticed the shy Gastrodon as it tried to be friendly. "Tune~" ("Hello I am Kricketune I hope we can be friends~")

Things seemed to get a little more serious as Emma requested she speak with Desmond alone about their prior call and Desmond seemed surprised but none the less nodded along. "Oh sure, just name the spot." Desmond said, as he had not been sure he was the best for this sort of thing but seemed willing to hear this out.

Mimikyu itself also seemed to sense this was personal and walked over to the edge of the pool as it didn't enter but it seemed to gauge the feel of the heat off the steam.
Emma Argentston, Rank 48,679, Cianwood, Johto, July 24th.

Emma got out of the Pool, drying off as Cinderace handed her the towel, she handed her Pokémon back the towel, as she walked over to the other side of the room. She then waved to Desmond to motion to go there.

"How about over here?" Emma called out.

Gastrodon looked at the Kricketune as Sliggoo greeted the Kricketune. Sliggoo then helped Gastrodon with greeting the Kricketune.

"Don... (I can try.)"

Emma was nervous, as she was going to tell Desmond about what happened on the twenty-second, when she had that flashback to when her Wooloo died. She needed to get this off her chest, and maybe get someone to talk with. She's been thinking about things, and especially after near breakdown when her Dad got in that mess with the Hydreigon. She waited for Desmond.

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Skol the king of gods, Bran the bronzor, Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~
~Dogo Onsen Yamatoyo, Cianwood City, Johto ...~
~interactions: Desmond, Emma...~

Hearing Emma talk about a granite peaked his interest a little, though not enough to pry.

"You know you like it!" Aldon told Desmond about his cuddly mimikyu friend. He looked at the pokémon as he continued to swim laps then at his fingers, they had begun to prune ever so slightly as time went by.

"Might grab me a bite while you guys chit chat" Aldon said once more before giving one good splash at Desmond. Wunder's hovering near the water's edge was creating ripples in the water, and Skol glanced at Politoad whom seemed excited about the warm water. "Slow poke poke... (heat in the kitchen, pot on the stove, water getting boiled" Skol mused as he continued to enjoy the warm water.

Hubert Lee​

Castelia City Docks​

If past interactions hadn't made it clear already, this one certainly had: Hubert may have found someone more carefree than him, to a nearly frightening degree. His eyes went blank, and he said nothing as he boarded the Gray Stone, an unbelievably suspicious vessel to take to an unknown region. Had he heard the captain mistake Paldea for Hoenn? This had every single making of disaster, but Hubert had no choice but to watch it all unfold as the boat set sail. He, JJ, and Joyce were now en route to Paldea.

Hopefully.

"Buckle up, team. No idea what we're in for, but it'll be a ride."

Hubert whispered comforting words behind him to the Pokeballs clipped to his bag, as for the first time in a long while, Hubert couldn't suppress the apprehension simmering in his gut. Not to say he didn't ever feel it at all, but his easygoing mentality was often more than enough to quell it.

And yet.

All of it nearly unraveled, undone by the words and pure chaos from one Jayden Jones.

Hubert was concerned.

Montagne Khastil
July 6 Rivière Walk (Route 7), Connecting Cave Ranger Camp, Kalos

Damn, his excuse didn't work. Monty was skeptical of joining Azumi on Roy to say the least, but riding pokémon was a common enough thing, right? It wouldn't just buck them off randomly or anything like that?

The criminal drew his team's poké balls and returned Chauffemagne without resistance, but Oracle took a touch of convincing. "The quicker we get to Calanthe, the quicker you get something not freeze dried to eat. How's that market outside the square sound?" Monty figured she thought she deserved better than freeze dried regardless of who was going where, but the Absol relented and returned to her Luxury Ball. Abné sat on his shoulder with no issues all the time, so her staying out would be no issue.

Monty took Azumi's extended hand and swung a leg over Roy's back, and felt the blood rush to his cheeks when she brought her hands to her waist. "Like this?" His scarred hands lay confidently, but the criminal was...unsure of himself. Shit, he was on top of a pokémon, and it was moving!

Azumi didn't seem to have the same reservations. In fact, the woman was just as poised as she always was. She wasn't nervous in the slightest!

"What's your secret, mademoiselle?" He asked. "How'd you get so..." What was the right word? Confident? Composed? "...close with your pokémon?"

"Hm? Confident?" Azumi freed one hand from the handle to place her index finger on her chin. "I guess I just never feared them. I was presented to Pokémon pretty early in my life. My father has these big fossil Pokémon. So growing up with them could have made me feel save around such creatures."

She petted Roy's hair locks. "With my own Pokémon, each has a different story. Edward, my Tyrantrum, for example, was given to me when he was very young and so we learned together. Nana was a bit more difficult." She laughed as the memories flashed in her head. "As a Ralts, we sort of bonded our emotions. So at first it was hard to know who was sad and who wasn't. Sometimes I would start crying thinking I was in pain, but it turned out Nana had been playing too rough with Edward and got hurt. The rest of my team was more simple, Nana just helps a lot with emotions."

Roy shook his head as he jumped over a fallen log. "My self confidence though, I haven't though about it. But, if you had someone like Edward ready to jump in and fight with you, would it be easy to submit to fear? Maybe, as long as you know your path, your goals and what obstacles you have to face, when you have a clear view, it's hard to get lost in the dark."

Azumi giggled, turning over her shoulder to get a glimpse at Monty. "Are you okay? You look red. Want to take a break? We can afford to lose a few minutes."

Montagne Khastil
July 6 Rivière Walk (Route 7), Kalos

"Wha—non, I'm alright," Monty tried his best to play off his trepidation, even as his stiff legs gripped the Mudsdale's sides like he was riding one of those mechanical Tauros at a festival. Azumi said a lot of philisophical stuff that was lost on the criminal, but he at least sort of understood the stories about her Pokémon.

Rather, he understood the words she was saying, but the picture the woman painted was completely foreign to him. Growing up around Pokémon? Having their emotions intertwined with your own? Monty could hardly believe it.

"You have a lot in your corner, mademoiselle," he said after a moment. "None of the few people I grew up around were trainers. Honestly, I can't really imagine what having a partner would've been like when I was younger. It was sort of like...me against the world."

"But even now that I've got Oracle with me, we're not nearly as...close as you and your team." They were partners, sure, but it was more of a business relationship than anything. They didn't play, or cry together, or do any of the stuff Azumi described. "She's still fairly...untamed. She listens to me more consistently than when we first met, but I still can't really...control her. You've been doing this for a lot longer than I have—what do you think?"

"Hmmm..." Azumi wasn't a professional trainer, she didn't think she was. But she wouldn't pass up the opportunity to try and help someone. "Well, first of all, Oracle is a lady. So ordering her around is not the way to talk to one. You need to respect her and help he reach new levels. She has a lot of potential, so as a trainer, it's your job to help her reach that. Have you figured out her weaknesses? Her strong points? What about getting to know her? Her favorite food, habits and what brings her joy." Azumi shrugged her shoulders," That's what I think anyways, I'm not an expert."

Azumi looked over at Monty again. "Are you sure you're okay? If you've never ridden before, you might get swore. Considering you're a man... It might be more painful than you think." She looked ahead again, trying to imagine a world without Pokémon. "Where exactly did you grow up? I can't believe you didn't interact with Pokémon when you were a child."

Montagne Khastil

Regardless of whether Azumi thought of herself as an expert, Monty listened like she was one. It sounded like he was already on the right track—Oracle’s strengths and weaknesses had been self evident from their first few battles on the Laverre Nature Trail, she had a habit of pissing him off, and she liked being left the hell alone and doing whatever the hell she wanted.

But helping her reach new levels? Aside from coming up with a combination move or two, most of Oracle’s growth over the past month had been her own doing. He felt like he treated the Absol with plenty of respect, but how was he supposed to raise her to new heights when she rarely reciprocated it?

Then came the question about his upbringing. “I saw Pokémon all the time growing up in Lumiose, but it was always from afar. Oracle’s the first time I’ve ever had a…relationship with one. Like I said, when I was a kid I thought it was me against the world.” In truth, it really was him against the world growing up. Working at the brothel, getting in fights with the other street kids, and working for the Old Guard—he had to do it all.

“I guess I never really considered relying on a Pokémon the way you DO!”

Roy had jumped over a fallen log, and the brief moment his ass left his back and the merciless thump back down taught Monty why Mudsdale riding might be particularly uncomfortable for a man.

Wednesday, July 6th – 10:05 am
Esther Rosana Sophys
Route 7, Riviére Walk, Berry Fields,
Kalos​
『 Pyrrha (Jangmo-o) | Kasriel (G-Zigzagoon) | Maçiera (Bounsweet) | L’ Basseau (Surskit) | Pari (Munna) | Houndour 』​
Interactions: Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo (@Grand Master Koop) | Celia Besnard (@ThePlayfulFox)

Esther’s eyes narrowed on the horizon; distant shadows approached. She identified them as Yanma, at least three, and coming in hot. This would be light work. The dragonfly Pokémon weren’t a problem on their own. Even with her supposed ‘allies’ doing only Arceus knew what instead of helping her, Esther was certain she could drive off the bugs on her own. The problem was her lack of pokéballs. Where there was one bug type, there were frequently around a hundred more not too far away, and with no way to capture or restrain the Yanma they were sure to return with a vengeance and a swarm of friends. That was a fight she was far less confident in winning.

In spite of her concerns, Esther redoubled her focus. Deal with the here and now and leave the future’s problems to future Esther. She’d clean up all the Yanma and then—Grrrr!

The Oblivian’s attention snapped to the growling Houndour. That wasn’t a good sign… “Guess we’ve got bigger fish than Yanma, eh...?” Following Houndour’s gaze, Esther zeroed in on a patch of grass. No…not the grass—there was something moving in the grass. It was faint, almost imperceptible, and she’d have missed it without Houndour’s sharp senses.

Esther knelt to give Houndour and appreciative scratch behind the ear. At the same time, she picked up a rock and took aim— “Alright ya little critter, no more hiding!” —the rock went flying and—SHWING!

A blade flashed red—a swift strike deflected the rock and scythed down the tall grass. The cut revealed a body of black scales and golden diamonds, along with a set of the nastiest, most wicked fangs Esther had even set eyes on. Each blood-red tooth looked nearly a foot long and dripped with venom. Esther grimaced and raised her pokétch—

Pokédex Entry # 336 – Seviper, the Fang Snake Pokémon

1698817333333.png

A Poison Type

This Pokémon shares a generations-long feud with Zangoose. It hides in tall grass and strikes unwary prey with venomous fangs. Beware its wicked tail which serves a two-fold purpose—to slash its foes and douse them with a deadly venom. This Pokémon is known to sharpen its tail on hard rocks.

Esther kept a watchful vigil on the Seviper’s tail as she took a few steps closer to the farm’s entrance.

“Hey! If you guys plan to HELP me then now would be a GREAT time!”

$6,320 | Pokéball x 0 | Practice Ball | PokéToy | PokéFlute

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Bottle (1/2 Gallon)
Water Purifier & Filter
Gothic Lolita Set (Clothing)
Lace Set (Clothing)
Chic Asymmetry Set (Clothing)
Winter Gear
Climbing Gear
Swimwear

"Well it's not always relying on Pokémon monsieur, sometimes you have to-" Azumi paused when she heard Monty's voice. She tried nothing to laugh, as she stopped Ro with a pat on his neck.

The horse slowed down until he fully stopped, allowing Azumi to climb off. "I'm a little tired, we should take a break." She wasn't, but she would pretend to be so Monty could fix himself up. "Monsieur, would you like some water?" She offered him a bottle, before turning around to drink hers. "As I was saying, it's not only relying on Pokémon. My Pokémon didn't go to school for me, nor did my exams, nor helped me in my academy training. They cheered me on and supported me, but I put in the work."

Once she figured Monty had caught his breath, Azumi joined him again. "So what kind of work or studies are in your curriculum?"

Last edited:
July 6th, Wednesday - Rivière Walk, Route 7, Berry Fields, Kalos Region
Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

As Esther yelled out to her fellow trainers if they were planning to help her, Vallace would suddenly appear beside her, handing her an earpiece. With his primary task completed, Beatrice's voice came through his own device. "Watch out Vallace, Sevipers are quite vicious. I wasn't expecting to see one appear out here though, I guess the incident really did shake the entire ecosystem." She rambled.

"Anyways, keep your distance for now Vallace, hit them with an Aqua Cutter!” As his trainer's words reached the Water type's ear, the Quaxwell jumped up then did a backflip in the air, kicking a water blade towards the poison snake as he did so.

Cheren
Aspertia Gym,
Unova​
Interactions: Buck (@ThAtGuY101)

Oh…he should not have done that. It appeared today’s challenger was rather unfamiliar with the Minccino line and their obsessive desire for cleanliness. Minccino were known to clean anything they could get their tails on and that naturally included their own bodies. So, when Mudbray’s mud slap landed on Minccino and stained her fur a dirty brown, the chinchilla Pokémon went catatonic.

So great was her fury that Cheren didn’t even need to give an order, a frenzied Minccino set about beating Mudbray black and blue with a vicious series of «Tail Slap» and Cheren almost felt bad as his Pokémon went for the razzle dazzle wombo combo on its sleeping opponent.

~Buck Gamble...~
~Rank: 99,987...~
~Buck Pokémon: Braviary/Marshal(M), Mudbray/Tony(M)...~
~Location: Asperita City...~
~Interactions: Cheren...~

"Hoo boy! I say it once I say it again, wake up Tony! That rat's meaner than a wet liepard in a mudhole!" Buck shouted as minccino relentlessly used tail slap. Tony's eyes twitched and legs kicked. It were as if the little donkey were having a nightmare, but the poor thing wasn't running anywhere. As soon as it got up. Buck noticed it was finally awake.

" 'Bout time Tony, use rock sm-!" Before Buck could finish his sentence the scared and afraid donkey reared up on his back legs, slamming them down in full force before using bulldoze. Buck never had it use that move before, that was a new one that caught him off guard.

July 24th,- Castelia City, Liberty Garden, Unova Region
Joyce Blake

Joyce followed her new companions off the boat, she had returned all of her pokemon back into their pokeballs after their little misadventure onboard the ship. Alongside Hubert, the young woman watched Jayden’s completely nonsensical interaction with some guy he has never met, convincing the man to give them a ride to Paldea. While she was always up for adventure, Joyce wasn’t too sure about this. Does the man even know how to get to Paldea? “Are you sure about this?” She voiced. Her concerns were mostly swept aside as the 2 men boarded the small boat, causing Joyce to join them as the vessel set sail.

After sitting on the ship for a while, a realization hit her. Why was she even here? She only just met the 2 men and now has boarded a stranger’s ship and was on her way to who knows where. She hoped this wouldn’t be the end of her adventuring days. “Man, I really did it this time.”

Jayden Jones, July 24th, Somewhere beyond the sea, WCS rank: 73,875.

"Oh the sea, the beautiful sea, nothing to fear, just men like me!"

The amazing Captain Buck Sarrow sang his lungs out as the ship rocked from side to side, confronting the wild waves of the ocean. Jayden couldn't be more relaxed, leaning back while sitting on a bucket. Despite the poor conditions of the ship, the crew's chef had made a fruit salad for the trainers and gathered berries for the Pokemon. Of course, anything bigger or heavier than Ele wasn't allowed, for safety purposes.

"Hold up, isn't the ocean the perfect place for training water Pokemon?" Jayden stood up, determination taking over his relaxation as he rushed to the side of the boat. "Magikarp, let's go!"

The Diva Ball bust open and the red fish with white stripes landed in the water, quickly disappearing underneath it. "Yo go Magikarp!" JJ called out as he waited for the Pokemon to return. After a few moments though, there was no sign of the Pokemon coming back. "Man, he must be having some intense battles down there huh?"

Captain Buck Sarrow walked over and looked into the ocean. "Kid, I've seen plenty of monsters in the sea..." He sounded like he was about to deliver bad news, "And your Magikarp is one of them! I'm sure he's kicking ass right now!" Both the captain and JJ burst into a loud laughter while the dark clouds over them began to gather.

Desmond more or less rolled his eyes at Aldon's comment but as Emma moved out of the water and witbhout Mimikyu as a distraction Desmond seemed to full grasp her bikini-clad frame and with a blush avoided starring like a dumbstruck moron though it had been a bit of a visual for the young man as Emma seemed to suggest a location for this little chat.

"A-all right, works for me." Desmond nodded, working to get focused as he walked over to where Emma wanted to speak to him and turned to her looking right at her eyes as he nodded along. "Alright so, what is this about?" Desmond asked keeping a tone so that only she'd hear him as he presumed she wanted this to be private.

Kricketune seemed to smile a bit at that, it understood it needed time and tried not to press it too much. "Tune~!" (That's all I can ask, don't feel the weight of things with this~!")

Mimikyu in turn walked over by the edge Wunder was at, as it seemed impressed at the floating Pokemon and least figured it would try to connect with one of its trainer's friend's Pokemon.

Politoed as Desmond had this conversation seemed to smile a tbit at Skol as he seemed to mill over hot water connections while the frog swam around it feeling its legs in the loving warmth of the water. "Poli Politoed~" (Right now if we are treats I do not feel bad, just good to relax~")

Emma Argentston, Rank 48,679, Cianwood, Johto, July 24th, "About to drop a lore bomb." Interactions: @Godjacob (Desmond)

Emma had seen Desmond look at her, with a bit of a blush, then looking away until he got to the desired place. Emma then looked teary-eyed as she was about to speak. Emma breathed in deeply then spoke.

"When I called you, I was recalling some particularly bad memories," Emma responded, "About two years ago, I had been separated from a Wooloo I had been training. He was about to Evolve to Dubwool at the time, and when I saw we were separated by poachers, I ran towards the direction I last saw him, following his hoof prints, Volcarona had been flying with me, when I found Wooloo, I found a Copperajah beating the crap out of my Wooloo, and by the time I got to Wooloo, he h-he..."

Emma burst into tears, as Gastrodon noticed this. Sliggoo looked at Gastrodon, and comforted Gastrodon as best as they could. Sliggoo knew their training was training Gastrodon and Wooloo when some people seemed to want Wooloo intentionally separated Wooloo from the rest of them. Gastrodon looked sadly at her trainer.

"H-he w-was k-killed by t-the Copperajah by t-the time I-I got t-there. Volcarona w-was w-with m-me, and p-promptly f-flipped o-out o-on t-the p-poachers, c-charring b-both C-copperajah and t-the o-other p-poacher's M-metagross. I-I m-met C-cinderace s-shortly a-after t-this."

Cinderace poked his head up, looking toward his trainer when he saw her crying. Emma tried to hold on, but this was very tough mentally on her, and was crying a bit harder than she had been expecting. Sliggoo looked at Cinderace, who seemed very worried, and then back at the even sadder Gastrodon, who remembered how her trainer, and Volcarona were shortly after this.

Cheren
Aspertia Gym,
Unova​
Interactions: Buck (@ThAtGuY101)

Against all odds, Mudbray survived the ferocious onslaught from Minccino and, from its trainer’s reaction, had even learned a new move in Bulldoze. The quaking of the earth dealt the final blow and after suffering multiple attacks before, including a series of super-effective fighting type moves, Minccino couldn’t last. The Chinchilla pokémon collapsed and Cheren returned it to its pokémon. Not even the attack drop from Tickle had been enough to stave off defeat.

Cheren smiled and adjusted his tie. “Congratulations Challenger! You’ve successfully earned yourself the Basic Badge! Please collect your badge and winning from the receptionist at the front.”

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Safari Zone...~
~interactions: Emma, Desmond...~

"Go gettem cahmp! Throw on the ol' Desmond charm" Aldon said winking at Desmond three times as he went to speak with Emma in private. Aldon began backpedaling backwards. he continued to float on is back. Wunder glanced over at the mimikyu.

Sig. Sig. Lyph. Sig. Sigilyyyph(Pokémon. Ghost pokemon. No. Fairy pokemon. Fairy pokemon. I am called Wunder. Hello!) Wunder spoke. As Wunder was talking to Mimikyu, Skol was doing such with politoad. Skol nodded his head as politoad mentioned relaxing. At this point, Skol had gotten out of the water and was resting his tail in the water. No doubt fishing.

Mhmmm... And a good day for fishing" Skol responded back.

~Buck Gamble...~
~Location: Asperita City...~
~Interactions: Cheren...~

Not long after bulldoze had been used, Tony's feet were becoming wobbly. It were as if it's sudden burst of adrenaline had worn off, and the pokémon tired out. It sat there still very much conscious, but it wouldn't be standing up soon. With a deep breath and sigh of relief, Tony laid his head down in triumph.

"Yeeeeeee! That's how we do it! After a battle like that I'm happier than a ratticate eating watermelon! We just got... A normal bad- I mean a basic badge! I reckon that's some good stuff, Marshal. Thankya kindly buddy" Buck mused before picking up Tony and accepting his badge. He went to grab and shake Cheren's hand. A strong firm hand shake. Maybe a little too strong. He went to the front receptionist to get his winning. He smiled again at Tony. Even Marshal gave Tony a nod in approval.

"We're pissin' in high cotton tonight, woooo!" Buck swung his hat in the air before putting it back on his head as he walked out the door. Next stop was the pokécenter. Tony still needed healing after all. After that was done, he'd need to head to route 9 again. With Tony back in his pokéball, it was just Buck and Marshal resting on his shoulders standing outside the pokécenter. That was a tough battle, and now that he had a badge, it was only gonna get tougher. He looked towards route 19 then paused for a few moments.

Interactions: @Cmeriwether (Emm) @ThAtGuY101 (Aldon)

Desmond had been unsure what to say.
Normally Aldon's comments of his "charm" would've elicit at the least an eye roll or something as he seemed to note his reaction to Emma's bikini. However the mood shifted when she and Desmond entered their more personal conversation and needless to say Desmond had been left momentarily speechless at what he had heard.

Emma relayed this story to him of the tragic death of her former Wooloo. No, this had not merely been a story but her very essence; a traumatic experience and loss of someone close to her, the horrific image able to make even someone like Desmond who approached Pokemon with caution & fear to recoil a bit as Emma seemed to lose composure and broke down to tears. Desmond, perhaps not even realizing it at first, pulled Emma gently to him to offer a shoulder to cry on while he offered her the one thing he seemed capable of giving.

A hug.​

"I am sorry. I am so sorry..." Desmond muttered back, as he had not been sure what else he'd offer. This kind of pain was one he knew quite well, and in spite of himself he seemed to begin to talk again. "...that kind of thing is never easy. I, I am sure you go in your head what you could've done different and this and that and...the pain is never easy. Believe me, but I'm sure Wooloo would want you to press on. Last thing I am sure it wanted was you living in this sorry and regret." Desmond said, as he tried to offer advice and comfort to her even as his own eyes seemed to tear up a bit.

"I'm gonna be the best Pokemon Trainer ever, just watch me Des!"

"Just...I'm here to offer whatever I can. But letting the pain dominate will just make you live in endless regret. Believe me, you nor Wooloo would not want that..." Desmond said, as he seemed to speak from experience though what that experience had been he had not mentioned.

Kricketune had been with Emma's Pokemon and noted the somber atmosphere and in particular the Gastradon. Not knowing what else it needed to do, it went over and tried to offer a hug as a show of support. Politoed had no idea what was going on as it lacked hearing the details but it had seen Desmond and Emma hug which it had taken as a good sign as it had swam by Skol where he let his tail rest in the water.

"Poli?" ("Is there fish in the water?") Politoed asked, innocently curious about that as Mimikyu seemed to chat a bit with Wunder while Desmond had been occupied. "Kyu? Mimikyu~" ("Oh wow you know all that? You seem so smart nice to meet you~")

Wednesday, July 6th – 10:07 am
Esther Rosana Sophys
Route 7, Riviére Walk, Berry Fields,
Kalos​
『 Pyrrha (Jangmo-o) | Kasriel (G-Zigzagoon) | Maçiera (Bounsweet) | L’ Basseau (Surskit) | Pari (Munna) | Houndour 』​
Interactions: Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo (@Grand Master Koop) | Celia Besnard (@ThePlayfulFox)

Oh yea, this was not going to end well. It was one thing to observe the battle through a drone—a bit unnecessary in Esther’s view but viable—it was another thing entirely to try and command your pokémon through an earpiece on…what? Sound alone? The Oblivian was skeptical, but she supposed Beatrice knew what she was doing given how gung-ho she was with her assault. That said, Esther would not throw her pokémon into such a messy melee. That was a recipe for confusion and chaos, the type that had allies tripping over each other.

Esther brought the earpiece to her mouth to deliver a quick message, “You and Celia hold off Seviper. I’ll clean up the Yanma and be back to help you.” With that she pocketed the earpiece and turned her attention to the trio of Yanma.

Alright, now what would be the faster way to drop these bugs…?

Seviper hissed, amused. The strange duck pokémon that charged towards it was not one it was familiar with, but it had eaten bigger ducks in its day and today would be no different. It narrowed its eyes into a paralyzing «Glare» and then whipped its tail twice, the first to slice through the water blade flying it way and the second to claim the ducklet’s head with a beheading «Poison Tail»!

$6,320 | Pokéball x 0 | Practice Ball | PokéToy | PokéFlute

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Winter Gear
Climbing Gear
Swimwear

Last edited:
Montagne Khastil

Monty slid off of Roy gingerly, hoping his beaux voyous were still intact and that the next words he spoke wouldn't be in a falsetto. The rest of his legs weren't doing too well, either, strained from holding himself in place atop the Mudsdale—how did Azumi do this all the time?

He thanked the blonde woman for the offered water, grateful that his dignity was spared by a normal speaking tone, and eagerly guzzled it down. Monty nearly choked when Azumi asked about school of all things, fighting the urge to laugh considering she'd just been pissed at him a little while ago.

"I don't really have a curriculum," the criminal said, wiping the water from his lips. "School was never my style. I don't know how you stand it."

Madame Brusseau had made some half-hearted attempt at getting Monty into school when he was a little kid, but after a few years he stopped showing up—the Old Guard had way more to offer than some stupid history class.

"Besides, there's only so much school can teach you. There's no...risk. It's so controlled. Regimented. Shit, you can fail, but what do you really lose? Outside, there's risk and failure—so much to learn. A whole hell of a lot more to see than the inside of a classroom has, for damn sure."

His mind recounted the view of the sunset over Santalune Forest, and the feeling of elation after he and Esther's victory at Shabboneau.

"I feel like I've learned so much more in the past month training than I ever did at school. Life has a lot to teach too, mademoiselle."

Last edited:

"Well I know you can't learn everything in school, but it's a start." Azumi started to adjust the saddle, making sure everything was set whenever Monty was ready to go. "But if you ever want to write a curriculum, I would love to help. I'm really good at it too. I made one for all the employees back home. They didn't need a job, but it was fun doing it." Her excitement trailed off as she realized how boring her story sounded.

"You never know when you might need one." She finished with the subject quickly changing to a new one. "Maybe I can teach you sometimes stuff I learned in school and you teach me stuff from life. I would like to be able to make friends like you. It feels like people are naturally drawn to you. Like Esther, she's so interesting and two new trainers showed up today."

Once Roy was ready, Azumi gave Monty an apologetic look. "Ready? If you want, you can go in front, it's more comfortable."

Montagne Khastil

"You stay in front," Monty said, clambering onto Roy behind Azumi and subconsciously placing his hands back on her hips to steady himself. "Really, I can handle it. I'm tougher than I look, eh?" Even though his family amulet coins might have thanked him, the criminal's pride kept him from switching into a more comfortable spot.

He was more than skeptical about Azumi schooling him. What was she gonna do, give him homework? Monty had to admit, though, the idea of spending more time with the beautiful woman was alluring. "The great Countess Towers wants to be friends and teach me?" The criminal questioned with mock humility. "How could a lowly baron like me say no? Honestly, some lessons on battling would do my team some good. Esther and I are tied now, but I know Oracle doesn't want to keep it that way."

With his mind on the fiery-haired goth, Monty snagged his phone and sent her a check-in text.
ranger hq in calanthe town me and azumi goign there now. you three good at the farm?
While he typed, Monty absentmindedly asked Azumi, "What do you study for the police academy? There're a bunch of different options, right?"

His own question exascerbated the nagging feeling of 'she's the enemy!' that had been prodding at him all day, but Monty ignored it. He wasn't on a job, and beside handing off the painting the night before he hadn't worked one for the Old Guard in a few weeks. It couldn't hurt to keep hanging around her.

Azumi smiled the word friends, but she kept her composure as they continued their way. "I would love to teach more about battling. But it's not my strong suit. Maybe we could think of some strategies or practice movesets."

"Position?" She adjusted herself as Roy began to speed up. "Well I'm going to start from the bottom, maybe traffic control or something simple. But I always wanted to be a detective. Unsolved crimes are scattered around so much, so many murders running around free while the victims lack justice. Then, maybe one day become director." She shrug at the last sentence. "The more I can make a difference, the better."

Azumi looked over her shoulder at her companion. "Hold on monsieur, I'm going to have Roy sprint this last bit so we can finally get there. Watch out for branches." Azumi leaned forward as the horse like Pokémon began to gallop faster, the sound of his hooves increasing as the earth under his weight crumbled.

Soon, after a handful of minutes, the duo arrived to Calanthe Town, giving Roy a chance to slow down as they entered the town. Azumi looked around the place, trying to locate said ranger's base until the familiar insignia caught her eye. "That must be it!" She exclaim joyfully while they moved towards the base.

Upon arriving Azumi jumped off, giving Monty some time to do the same before returning the Mudsdale. With confidence and a bit of excitement, Azumi presented herself to the nearest ranger.

"Good day, my name is Azumi Towers. I was told we could volunteer to help out with the situation in Route 7. Do you know who I can speak to about that?" Azumi flashed the ranger. Her academy credencials of course.

Last edited:

Hubert Lee​

Somewhere, Waiting for Me - July 24​

Yo, go Magikarp!

Hubert continued to stare blankly, astonished at the events unraveling before him. The raucous laughter shared by both JJ and the captain fell on numb ears, and Hubert once again found himself utterly unable to speak. That Magikarp was one thousand percent gone. JJ had essentially released his prized Water-Type not even a day after he'd gotten it.

However, as his mind struggled to keep up with what was going on, the sky began to darken, ominous clouds slowly beginning to form above the boat. That wasn't good.

Hubert's concern was growing.

Wednesday, July 6th – 10:15 am
Ranger
Calanthe Town,
Kalos​
Interactions: Azumi Towers (@Hecotoro) | Montagne Khastil (@~Patriot~)

“Volunteers? That’s great! We’re stretched so thin that every extra hand helps. Follow me.” The Ranger signaled to another to cover his shift and turned to lead the duo further into town.

Calanthe Town was a moderately sized and mostly quiet place. The town had no paved roads but instead opted for wide walkways composed of massive stone slabs, each at least twice as long as a man was tall. The stone was a dull and muted color, a time-worm brown that might have once been a vibrant orange or deep, rich brown. In fact, the town was largely monotone, and aside from the brown of its streets, everything else seemed to be built with bricks that were a dull green—or perhaps they had once been white and were now moss-stained? Regardless, only the surprisingly frequent miniature gardens broke up the town’s quiet monotony. That and the odd fact that every roof was a different color.

The Ranger led the duo along the brown-brick road alongside a man-made canal whose gentle waters gurgled the town’s only ambient noise. That was odd for a town of this size, which would usually be bustling at this time of day, but the observant eye would notice shards of glass littered the streets and shattered scarred every house.

“Here we are,” the ranger pulled up in front of the pokémon center, or more specifically, in front of a large bulletin board that had been set up outside the pokémon center. “The townsfolk and rangers alike have been posting missions to this board for trainers who pass by, if you’d like to help then it’s best you start here.”

The ranger then tipped his hat and sauntered off.

The bulletin board was filled with requests. The sun-dried paper spoke to requests made many moons ago, with the contact information half-torn to suggest some trainer had already taken the job; however, there were a number of crisp, fresh pages of requests that had been recently posted.

Request: Locate the Main Yanma Breeding Grounds

The search for the main Yanma/Yanmega Breeding Ground continues. Although ranger patrols have been able to locate and re-relocate many swarming grounds of Yanma, we have reason to believe that the largest of these breeding grounds have yet to be located. Unfortunately, with the increase in landslides along the Pumice mountains and cave-ins at both Connecting & Glittering caves, we simply don’t have enough rangers to safeguard the citizens, perform natural disaster relief, and scour the entire Loire Valley.

We’re requesting that trainers pitch in to locate the main Breeding Ground of Yanma so we can end this swarm once and for all!

Beware, based on the number of Yanma observed in recent days, our specialists predict that in as little as five days the Yanma population will explode and exacerbate an already perilous situation.

Yanma are known to like Swampy Marshy Areas, especially those with Tall Grass, so their main nesting ground is likely to be along the river’s tributaries.

Please act quickly and carefully, if you do locate the main breeding ground then DO NOT engage them. It is best reported to Ranger HQ at this number: #1-800-RANGER.

Request: Escort Urgently Needed!

The Calanthe Central Hospital is the largest human-focused hospital in the Loire Valley. As Yanma wreak havoc shattering glass and attacking civilians, the number of patients we’ve had has skyrocketed. Supplies are dangerously low and we’re in dire need of trainers who can make a supply run to the local berry farm and return a shipment of berries which can be used to create much-needed gauze and medicinal saves.

It is very likely that trainers will be accosted by swarms of pokémon while escorting the shipment of berries, so please apply in groups!

Request: Rescue the Local Flabébé

Hello deary, could some of you youngin’s check up on the Flabébé? A large group of them lived together with some other pokémon in a cave en route to the Pumace Mountains. Those Flabébé are the ones who keep the town so green and fresh, so I really wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to them.

Request: Curb the Yanma!

These Yanma need to be dealt with and I have just the plan! Yanma love to breed in swampy areas next to water and their numbers have been rising so rapidly because the Loire Valley doesn’t have any of their natural predators. So…let’s introduce some predators! I’ve got a lot of Araquanid and Dewpider which we can release into the river. It’s best that you release them close to Yanma breeding grounds since that will prove the most effective.

Come talk to me if you want to take the fight to the Yanma!

Emma Argentston, Rank 48,679, Cianwood, Johto, July 24th, Interactions: Desmond (@Godjacob )
"Emma is crying her eyes out."

Interactions: @Cmeriwether (Emm) @ThAtGuY101 (Aldon)

Desmond had been unsure what to say.
Normally Aldon's comments of his "charm" would've elicit at the least an eye roll or something as he seemed to note his reaction to Emma's bikini. However the mood shifted when she and Desmond entered their more personal conversation and needless to say Desmond had been left momentarily speechless at what he had heard.

Emma relayed this story to him of the tragic death of her former Wooloo. No, this had not merely been a story but her very essence; a traumatic experience and loss of someone close to her, the horrific image able to make even someone like Desmond who approached Pokemon with caution & fear to recoil a bit as Emma seemed to lose composure and broke down to tears. Desmond, perhaps not even realizing it at first, pulled Emma gently to him to offer a shoulder to cry on while he offered her the one thing he seemed capable of giving.

A hug.​

"I am sorry. I am so sorry..." Desmond muttered back, as he had not been sure what else he'd offer. This kind of pain was one he knew quite well, and in spite of himself he seemed to begin to talk again. "...that kind of thing is never easy. I, I am sure you go in your head what you could've done different and this and that and...the pain is never easy. Believe me, but I'm sure Wooloo would want you to press on. Last thing I am sure it wanted was you living in this sorry and regret." Desmond said, as he tried to offer advice and comfort to her even as his own eyes seemed to tear up a bit.

"I'm gonna be the best Pokemon Trainer ever, just watch me Des!"

"Just...I'm here to offer whatever I can. But letting the pain dominate will just make you live in endless regret. Believe me, you nor Wooloo would not want that..." Desmond said, as he seemed to speak from experience though what that experience had been he had not mentioned.

Kricketune had been with Emma's Pokemon and noted the somber atmosphere and in particular the Gastradon. Not knowing what else it needed to do, it went over and tried to offer a hug as a show of support. Politoed had no idea what was going on as it lacked hearing the details but it had seen Desmond and Emma hug which it had taken as a good sign as it had swam by Skol where he let his tail rest in the water.

"Poli?" ("Is there fish in the water?") Politoed asked, innocently curious about that as Mimikyu seemed to chat a bit with Wunder while Desmond had been occupied. "Kyu? Mimikyu~" ("Oh wow you know all that? You seem so smart nice to meet you~")

Emma was crying, she then felt Desmond pull her in for a hug, as she cried into his shoulder. As she cried, Desmond started speaking to her, giving his condolences, and advice, and comfort to her. She still cried a bit, as it seemed Desmond's shoulder was a good place to cry for right now. As Emma listened, she cried, but it slowed down. She looked up Momentarily to see Desmond crying a little bit himself.

"Thank you, Desmond," Emma whispered, not sure he would hear it, "To be honest, you are the first person outside of my parents to have heard this story. It's been difficult, for me, and my team, especially Volcarona and Gastrodon. I flashed back to this event a couple of days ago, I've been trying to get it out of my head, but it resurfaced after a Mareep got injured by a Trainer's Pokémon. You okay, Desmond?"

Emma went back into his shoulder crying a bit more. Gastrodon was really surprised when Kricketune hugged her. Sliggoo was shocked, as most anyone couldn't get near her. Sliggoo kept an eye on Gastrodon and Kricketune.

Friday, July 25th – 5:00 a.m.
Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​
『 Pyrrha | Halay | Maçiera | Kasriel | L’ Basseau | Īstha 』​
Interactions:

“Are you sure? The heat doesn’t bother you?” The answer seemed to be a resounding no, because Īstha looked just as relaxed in the heated waters of the spring as she would’ve been in a cool spring. What had the pokédex said about her species again—

Pokédex Entry #349 – Feebas, the Fish Pokémon

Feebas’ fins are ragged and tattered from the start of its life. However, its shabby appearance belies a hard and tenacious life force that enables it to live anywhere and thrive in all kinds of water.

Was this Feebas’ reputed hardiness? The ability to breathe 100°F water without even flinching? Well, never mind that, if she was comfortable then it was all good. Esther had been most concerned the newest addition to her team wouldn’t be able to enjoy the hot springs, fortunately, Īstha was tougher than she seemed. Interestingly, the Inn provided an array of floating platforms that allowed guests to bring food and beverages into the hot spring, but Esther had found they were just as effective at keeping small pokémon afloat—like the rest of her pokémon.

Was that by design or merely a curious unintended use case? Whatever the reason, it was a two-fold blessing. Everyone got to enjoy the hot spring and her pokémon were pleasantly distracted occupied by float-surfing across the hot spring after Esther showed them how to use the floatboards as surfboards and the spring’s jets as makeshift waves.

After one last look to ensure her pokémon were drowning each other or something, Esther folded her towel over her head and relaxed. She had read up a bit on Onsen etiquette before entry so she’d her dues: bathing herself and her pokémon before they entered the water and tying her hair up. Apparently, the hot springs were very sensitive to contamination, and it was popular belief that even the oils found in hair could mingle with the water and reduce the quality of the spring. Only a small towel was supposed to be taken into the spring itself and it wasn’t supposed to touch the water either, it was for keeping hair neatly tied up. All those rules, combined with the casual nudity of Onsens, were the biggest reasons why foreigners often avoided public Onsens and instead opted for private ones. That said, no private Onsen was going to have a pool large enough to hold Esther and her six pokémon—at least, no private Onsen within her price range…

It was odd being nude in what was, by all accounts, a public area, but given the early hours, Esther was able to relax in solitude. The hot spring’s waters gurgled and massaged her weary muscles and she sunk down to her lips. Coming early also meant she managed to snag the best position and Esther plopped herself down right over one of the water jets, claiming it for herself.

Today Esther had awoken early, much earlier than even some of the Inn’s staff. It was a bit past 5 a.m. now, and that was after all the preparation she’d made to enter the hot springs. As for why the Oblivian was awake? Well, the answer was two parts coincidence—she’d gone directly to sleep after doing her laundry and feeding her pokémon (somewhere around 9 p.m.), and as a result, she’d woken up early—two parts team bonding & quality time, and six parts DUH!? Who slept in when there were hot springs to enjoy? Probably Desmond.

After a few minutes to relax and let her team have their fun, she’d gather them for another talk. There were a few things on her mind like what was going to be their strategy going into Contests? Those weren’t Unga-bunga Gym Battles, after all, she’d have to give them a bit more thought. Another question was…Feebas. Despite the little Fish’s shyness and overwhelming self-doubt, something she had been able to confirm with her empathy, that had been mysteriously absent during the battle against Naka. If anything, the Fish had performed with almost perfect aplomb. Esther had never thought to question it before, she’d been too caught up in other things, but there was obviously something odd going on there…

$??? | Pokéball x??? | PokéToy | Practice Ball | Pokéflute | Unidentified Fossil
Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Dogo Onsen Yamatoyo, Cianwood City, Johto ...~
~Mention: Desmond, Emma...~

Aldon floated around enjoying the warm water for as long as he could. He leaned against the edge of the hot spring wall, glancing over in the direction of Desmond and Emma. He wondered what they were talking about. It must have been important. He looked at all the pokémon interacting.

"Poke poke!(only one way to find out)" Skol cheered. There most likely wasn't any, but Skol didn't have the best judgment. Especially considering he once went fishing in a kitchen sink. Wunder stopped flapping her wings to focus on mimikyu.

"Wunder smart? Smart wunder. And you are kind" Wunder replied.

~Buck Gamble...~
~Location: Route 19...~
~Interactions:N/A...~

"A one two. One two three four..."

"On the road again. I just can't wait to get on the road again. The life I love is making music with my friends. I just can't wait to get on the road again..." Buck sung as he left Asperita City for the second time since starting his journey. Marshal was high in the sky souring high and getting a view of the land around it.

To the north-west, the Gamble Ranch, and east bound and out was Floccesy Town. Bucks next destination. Buck began making his way down the road. Looking north and seeing the Floccesy lake. There was another closer to the next town. Perhaps Buck would visit them on his way to town.