• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Warcraft!

Wes quickly grabbed Stormbringer from its sheath on his back with his left hand and used it to block the incoming Scythe. “Woah, this is weird.” Wes muttered as he experienced the lopsided balance of his gear. His right side was remotely unarmed and held his light rapier, while the left was heavy with the combination of his gauntlet, chainmail sleeve, and the longsword. This could be interesting. Azumi had taught him how to use his longsword effectively, though they both agreed a rapier was more suitable for his abilities. I wonder how I could use them together... Wes swung Stormbringer, shooting a bolt of lightning towards Sam to break the protect, then he proceeded to charge with Windslasher in another onslaught of attacks.

Azumi laughed. "Why thank you, I never thought I would be compared with a forest fairy, I heard they're beautiful creatures. Your Pokemon is adorable by the way, never seen one before. Oh and a beautiful performance. It is an honor to meet you. Why don't you follow me to the guild house? We can talk more there." She signaled for him to follow and she began walking back.

Annette wrote everything down and then stared wide eyes at his hand. "Are you okay? People are not suppose to burst into fire."
Nana appeared next to Tyler and offered him a plate of cookies.

Samantha created a whirlwind under her, which sent her flying in the air. From there she began to command her scythe to attack, trying to avoid hurting Wes, she couldn't imagine what Azumi would do if she accidently cut off one of Wes' fingers.

Emma walked back inside to the dining hall, she needed to eat another meal after training. When she saw human Tyler, she did one simple thing, walked past him. She grabbed her large meal, walked back over, then punched him in the face. She then sat down and resumed eating.
"Idiot."

Perry swung from branch to branch as he followed Azumi. Porra sat on Azumi's head as she walked, swinging her legs back and forth.

"So, miss Fairy, where exactly are we going? Back to your fairy hideout? That sounds ever so fun and interesting!"

Azumi laughed. "Thank you again, but I'm not a fairy. We are going to the guild house, where we live. I was told by Emma that you would be here soon. She is a great friend of mine, so I came over to welcome you as the leader. I hope you're hungry, we will be having dinner soon." She saw the guild up ahead. "See? That's it over there."

Amra had been waiting for Wes to show up from where he had ran off too. She needed to give him something. She and Wes, may have gotten off on the wrong foot, but over the last two months they have become closer. Now she would not call him a friend per say, but she would consider him a friendly rival. She loved to spar against him. She was up on a tree branch sitting, when Azumi and the acrobat came to the enterance of the forest near her. She had her legs crossed with Gene the meowth in her lap, and Fluff the buneary on her shoulder. "Hey Azumi. How is Tyler doing? Who is your athletic friend?"

"Oh hi Amra. This is Mr. Perry and Porra. They're are looking to join our guild." Azumi looked over at Perry. "Oh Emma said that? That makes sense now. We always compliment each other." Azumi opened the door for Perry. "Welcome to our guild house. Upstairs is were full members have their rooms, downstairs to your right is the dorms for newbies, though it's basically empty at the moment. To your right you will find the dinning room and kitchen and stairs that lead to the basement, which is our meeting room." She sighed and admired the guild house. "It's our home and we are proud of it." She looked back at Amra. "Tyler is awake by the way! You should go see him."

Wes grinned, sure Scythes were intimidating weapons to look at, but the fact was they were extremely impractical since they were more handle than blade. He dodged the incoming scythe like it was nothing, Azumi had taught him well how to avoid and counter against any opponent. Wes then put Stormbringer back in its sheath and grabbed the scythe with his free hand. “You aren’t the only one who can use wind now.” He smirked and quickly spun in a circle slash with Windslasher and the scythe, creating a mini tornado that flew towards the exposed Sam.

Samantha held up her hand and sent a strong wind to break up the tornado.
"Chuck, use lick." She said softly.
From the handle of the scythe a tongue came out and licked Wes' face. Then it freed it's self and flew back up to Samantha.
"Nice tornado..... I didn't know... You were a wind element." She gently floated back down. "That's nice." She sent the scythe at him again, but this time it was spinning.

“What the hell!?” Wes quickly let go of the scythe when it licked him. Unfortunately, now it was being sent back at him. He drew Stormbringer once again and held it out in front of him, using it to block the scythe. Wes gritted his teeth, it took more of his strength to counter than he had expected. “I’m not a wind element, nor am I a electric.” Wes muttered, “I’m just fast and have good weapons, a spirit, and strong Pokémon.” On that note he spun in a circle again, throwing the scythe to the side and creating another tornado that was aimed at Sam. However, with the aid of Stormbringer and Joltik, there were now lightning bolts traveling up and down the cyclone that whipped up and around Sam, completely engulfing the area around her. In a moments notice Wes could have triggered the lightning bolts to all converge on the target in the center, but he knew that would only injure Sam and she would come back for his head. With a downward slice Wes sheathed his weapons, causing the tempest to disappear. The adrenaline that was keeping him functioning wore out as the spirit disengaged and he began limping back to the guild will blood pouring from all the spots he had been hit by Aerodactyl’s stones.

Tyler nodded after Emma punched his face, not flinching. “Thanks Emma.” He sarcastically said. He saw the cookies Nana had in front of him, and immediately started eating them. They tasted so good. Then again, he hadn’t ate for months, so.....
But they still tasted good. Tyler are through all of them in less than a minute, and then answered Annette’s question. “Uh Yeah, I’m fine. Kinda used to the unexpected. Besides this is really cool.”
He stood up slowly, trying to find his balance, and when he did, he closed his eyes. He needed to know what this felt like. He had been floating only, and now he had weight to carry. He breathed in and out, ignoring the fact that Annette was still there. He opened his eyes, and he was standing straight up. Tyler smiled. Although it wasn’t a big accomplishment, it was still more than laying down on your bed. He slowly sat back down again. “Sorry, need to get used to that.” He said.

Samantha noticed Wes limping and flew next to him. "Are... You okay?" She noticed the blood. "I will... Get Maira. I'm sorry." She thought she was the one to injured him. She flew off quickly into the guild house and went to the dining room. There she saw Tyler. "hi..." She said and then went to the kitchen.
She saw Maira and Sarah there. "Wes has an injury... On his leg... I think I cut him."

Annette waved at Samanatha who flew by. She then took a deep breath and began looking through her notes. "I'm making a biography of the guild." Nobody asked her but she figured she looked odd writing on her notepad. "So I have to include information on all the guild members."

Tyler nodded and waved to Sam who passed by. He tuned his attention back to Annette. “Cool, so uh, who have you talked to yet, the mean, who do you have stuff on besides me?” Tyler said curiously. Tyler then felt groggy, like he needed to sleep. He closed his eyes for a moment, and then opened them, and he was very sleepy. “Hey, can you help me get to my room?” He said groggily.

Amra waited until Wes was in the guild before she climbed down from her spot on the tree. Gene her Meowth ran ahead, he loved to run. She hoped he was just as active when he evolves, well if he evolves. Slinging a bag over her shoulder, Amra walked to the guild. Finding who she was looking for, Amra went over to talk to him. "Wes i have something for you. I wanted to do something to show how far you have come these last few months."

With that she opened the bag and pulled out a cloth. With it untied, Amra pulled the black cloth apart to reveal two beautifully crafted elven long daggers. They are made from the same type of shiny black metal that her bow was made of. The handles seemed to glitter in the light of the room. It had a slight rose gold sheen to them. The were embossed with a tree holding a castle. Other trees could be seen as well framing the castle. On the bottom of the hilt is a bright green gemstone, that seemed to crakle with energy. The blades have a slight curve to them. The blade is etiched with rose gold vines down the blade.

"These were something that I had made for you while I was there. It is a gift that hope you will use in your travels. Even if you never come back to the guild. I hope you use these and remember that there are others who are glad to have known you. I know we may not be best friends, but I still want you to know that when you leave, we will all miss you."

Tyler weakly nodded. “Yeah....that would be.....nice.....” He said, nodding off slightly. He fell asleep for a moment, and then awakened, to find he was only asleep for a few seconds thankfully. Tyler felt drugged, but inside him he knew that it was just a side effect of the re-sealing. “Yeah....that would be....nice....” he said. Crap, I’m repeating myself, he thought.

Wes tried to act happy while talking to Amra, but in truth he was covering up excruciating pain. Sure, he was able to maintain the spirit longer, but the second he disengaged all of the pain seemed to rush him stronger than it would have otherwise. “Thanks... they look beautiful.” Wes meant every word, but he seemed less than enthused as he weakly muttered his words. Any other time he would’ve gawked at the blades for hours, but he was barley maintaining consciousness. He made his way over to the couch and laid down, sighing with relief as the pressure was taken off of his body. Wes removed all of his armor as well as his shirt and began treating the various cuts and gashes on his stomach and arms. He then pulled his left pant leg as high as he could to access the rock sized hole on his upper thigh. He winced in pain as he rubbed ointment on it before bandaging it. “Sorry about this, I got a bit ruffed up training with Areodactyl.” Wes apologized to Amra, not wanting to seem ungrateful. He pulled the knives out to admire them, noting the power that came from the emeralds on their hilt and the unique black coloring. “What do these gems do? They don’t seem ordinary. Also, do these knives have a name?” Wes’s tone seemed a bit too serious, but the truth was he was so enthralled with the blades he didn’t put any effort into his tone.

Amra took a seat by him. She was glad to see him liking the gift that she brought. Thinking about the blades she wanted to give him some background on the blades. "These blades are made from a metal that is only found in the elven kingdom. It is is called stealth rock. If you tilt the blades in the light you will see they almost shine. The gems have been embued with magics from the earth and will help with unnatural enemies. They have a knack for hurting foes that are not normal in nature. They will also help with herb gathering seeing as they will not damage the plant when cut. When taking a cut from a plant it will help them to also grow stronger. Blades like this have helped some of the elven plants grow and spread further. The blades can be used to cut through rock, seeing as the metal they are made from is stronger then most and can not really be damaged. If say you were fighting a vampire, or a demon of some sort, the blades will do a lot of damage to them." Thinking back to the who made the daggers, she had a smile on her face. She was glad to see them go to great owner. "The blades really have don't have a name yet. I had asked my friend in the blacksmith back home to make them for me. I wanted something that was from my home for you. I know we are not really friends, but I have become closer to you."

“Oh, okay Sam. I’ll go check on him.”

Maira went to go check on Wes, but it took her a while to find him since Sam hadn’t said exactly where he was. When she finally found him, he was talking to Amra. She waved to the two, who seemed to be looking at a pair of knives, and cake over to check on Wes.

“Hi, Wes! Hi, Amra! Wes, Sam said you got hurt. Can I help? It looks like you bandaged yourself up pretty well, but I can help the process along if you want.”

“Yeah... thanks.” Wes wasn’t good at expressing emotion, except for maybe with Azumi. He strapped both knives to the left side of his waist, taking a moment to adjust them comfortably. “I might be the only person who carries around 6 blades.” Wes joked. While he greatly appreciated the gifts, he couldn’t help but feel guilty as he was being showered with all too many powerful items. Especially since he was unable to return the favor and he wasn’t sure how much longer he planned on staying after Organization X was dealt with.

Luckily, before Wes had to think of something more to say, Maria approached and offered her services. “Yeah, that’s be great. Thanks! You’re a lot better at this stuff than me anyways.”

“Okay, then. Just get comfortable and I’ll get started.”

Maira began to reach for her bag, and then realized it wasn’t there. She had left it inside, for once. No matter, she could just run over to the greenhouse and grab a few herbs.

“I’ll be right back, I’m going to get a few herbs that can help.”

She headed over to the greenhouse designed by Phoenix. She quickly found the plants she wanted and snipped off a few leaves, and then went back to Wes.

Razans arm was healing nicely, well, nicely for himself that is. He couldn’t help but think about Annette, and what he made her go through. He felt bad, but he had told her not to follow him. Multiple times. But he couldn’t shake the fact that CrossBlade would try to get at him again. Why did CrossBlade even want him? He knew that he was doing it outside of the Organization, but why? They could nab him faster using someone else. Unless CrossBlade didn’t want them to know...like a surprise? No, not a surprise. He sighed, Bri going his thoughts to Annette. He didn’t know what to do. He had been on the sidelines in battle all his life. He simply didn’t know.
He came down the stairs and saw Tyler with Annette. He was happy to see Tyler in his body, but not as happy as the others like Azumi. That was because he didn't know Tyler as well. But the one thing that he did notice, is that Tyler seemed really sleepy, and decided to help him back to his room. He picked him up carefully, letting him lean on him. Razan and Annette exchanged glances with each other. He carried Tyler off to his room, and once Tyler was in his bed, Razan sat down beside him. Tyler’s immediately fell asleep.

Annette watched as they took Tyler away and waved goodbye at him. Razan looked better, which was good, but she still needed to tell someone.

Samantha was walking back over to Wes and Maira, but then she saw Amra. She couldn't think of any subject of conversation with them. With Maira it was easy because Maira did most of the talking. Wes had a passion for battle like she did. Amra she wasn't sure off. Samantha turned around and went to Azumi's room. She sat next to Anakin silently.

-----------------M in the border of Kelan and Creel ------------

Leo, Arthur, Elizabeth and Victoria walked to together. The Grand Court had been sent on a mission to the border.

"Man... I can't wait to finish this and go back home." Leo said joyfully.

Victoria rolled her eyes. "You got a date or something like that?"

Leo nodded. "You could say that."

"Aww that's so sweet." Angel said. Her white silver hair barley seen since there was too much snow around them. "Gives you a reason to fight harder."

Henry, the giant black haired brawler, growled. "On your guard, something is off."

The four warriors drew their weapons. A tall man, with long black hair and pale skin appeared. His entire body was covered by a long black cape. "Another Grand Court? It was nice for the kings to make this easier for me." He eyed each one with his pitch black eyes.

Leo took a deep breath. "Man... I shouldn't have used up so much mana. I can feel strong magic in this one."

Victoria laughed. "Please Leo, let's just get this over with."
The Grand Court charged at the stranger, who just smiled.

Razan was still thinking to himself when Tyler woke up. He only noticed when he snapped him out of it. “You Okay?” Tyler asked Razan.
Razan smirked. “Yeah, you shouldn’t be asking me, but asking yourself.” He said grinning.
Tyler shrugged, and stood up slowly, regaining his balance. He took a few shaky steps, but then got the hang of it, and began to walk in paces around his room, with Razan watching. Tyler sat back down after a while. He then brought you his hand, and focused. He kept thinking, fire, fire, fire....and his hand was on fire soon enough. He smiled at his success, and Razan watched and nodded.

Perry poked his head into the dorms, setting down what little belongings he carried with him down. Porra hopped off Azumi's head and into a bed, napping. Perry also laid down, going through their belongings.

Emma finished her next meal, then proceeded to head down to the meeting room. She had a feeling they would all be called there soon, just a hunch she got. She pulled out her flask and chugged what was left in it. Yeah she definitely still had that problem, but it was still beneficial. Pack wasn't too far behind, resting against the wall outside the meeting room. He slept in peace, audibly snoring as the twig in their mouth was moved slightly by the hot air coming from his nose.

“Oh, that was quick.” Wes spoke as Maria returned shortly after grabbing herbs from the greenhouse. He laid down on his back, getting comfortable and providing a position that would be fairly easy to treat, though he felt a little awkward. He was laying the the common area without any shirt and his pant leg was pulled above his thigh to reveal the most severe wound, so it seemed like he was exposed wearing little more than underwear. I won’t even mention the gash on my hip, I’ll just treat that later myself. While most of the guild was close like family, Wes didn’t consider himself a part of it and on top of that he hated being touched. For the rogue, this was the worst situation ever.

Maira took a look at the wounds and got to work. she talked as she worked, partly because she knew that Wes liked medicine. Not to take, of course, but medicinal knowledge.

"Oooh, those look nasty... well, if you wouldn't mind telling me how it happened?"

She began using some of the herbs, squeezing them over the wound, first one kind, and then another with rounder leaves.

"Those ones are good to know. Their juices can be used as an anti-infectant and a painkiller, respectively. Luckily they're not very uncommon."

She continued to work, telling him about the different herbs she used. Once she had given the herbs a bit of time to take effect, she began using her healing magic to close the wounds, focusing on larger ones first and then moving on to smaller cuts.

Tyler continued to experiment with his fire powers, seeing how fast he could ignite and extinguish the flames on his hands. After a while of messing around, Tyler started to drift off, and soon enough, fell back asleep. Razan stayed by his side for a little longer, then exited his room and closed the door silently. He sighed. He had nothin else to do. Unless he wanted to train. By himself.
At first it didn’t seem like a bad idea. It was perfectly fine, except that he might battle someone and get torn up.
He didn’t want to get torn up much more.
Razan walked out into the dining room, and took the exit there, passing Annette. He walked out into the forest, noting his surroundings, and got to his training.
One attack method that was useful was using the wind he created to his advantage, making up run faster or giving him a jumping boost. He practiced that, jumping from tree to tree, and then came back to the open area that he had started in.
Now that he thought about it, that was really his only attacking method. All of his other tricks could help out other. Like rain dance could help out Azumi, or wind might help Samantha. Fire might help out Tyler, although it seems so far that he can’t shoot it out at the moment. But he did have, his dagger.
The dagger that he stole all those years ago. He couldn’t remember where. It wasn’t special or anything, but it sure came in handy sometimes. Over the years he had gotten pretty used to throwing it, and landing pretty well, so he decided to try that out. He kept throwing the dagger at trees, aiming at the center, and 6/10 times he did it. He smiled at his accomplishment, and then made a breeze to cool himself down.

Azumi watched as Perry began to settle in. "I'm sorry these dorms are so empty, all of our members have graduated to full members now. I hope you like your room though, please let me know if you need anything." Azumi smiled and walked away. She managed to get a glimpse of Emma going down to the meeting room, but she needed to check on Tyler first. To her surprise, when she arrived to the dinning room, she noticed Annette there eating alone. Annette explained that Tyler felt tires and that Razan took him to his room.
Azumi decided to join Emma then, she went down to the meeting room. "Mind if I join you?" She asked Emma, with a hopeful look in her eyes.

Azumi smiled at Emma, she loved her attitude and she loved how good a listener she was. Although, it was probably only to her that Emma paid attention to. Azumi sat down. "May I please get a drink?" She wasn't a drinker, she only did it with Emma.
"Things have changed a lot since you left. We are a bigger and more famous guild. Many of our members have gotten in touch with the townfolks. Of course, they always ask me your whereabouts. Honestly, there were days where I wasn't sure if I was doing things right. I was arrested, which is good you weren't here, I can only imagine the mess you would've made causes." She laughed at the thought of it. "But I mostly missed moments like this. Just you and me, drinking... I have no idea what, but they are good times." Her smile slowly fades away. "I haven't really told anyone, but we're going to war. We are the top rank B guild and with all the rank A guilds gone... It's our turn. I have to announce this and I don't know how..."

She pulled her pitcher from her bag and poured a cup for Azumi. She put it on the table and thought for a moment.

"Well, how about this. I'll take charge during the next meeting and break the news to them for you. None of the squirts would bother arguing against me, I'd smash their faces in first. So you call in for a meeting, I do the talky talky bit, and we get the shrimps ready. Also."

She punched her in the face, wiping up any residual spit and/or small amounts of blood if any with her sleeve.

"That's for getting arrested. If you're gonna go to jail, I'm putting you in there myself. That way I can give you something to break out with, ya dink."

"That has always been your solution to everything." Sarah said as she walked up and poured herself a shot of Emma's drink. Throwing her head back, she downed the shot in on gulp. Shaking her head, she said. "You know when you tild us about this war, we prepared as much as we could be." Sarah poured another shot and sipped this one. She is not a seasoned drinker like the other two, seeing as she hardly ever drinks.

Wes smiled and watched intently as Maria worked. Sure, he had already known some of the herbs she was using, but there was also a lot he could learn from her superior medical knowledge so he made sure to keep mental notes of everything. Wes was most amazed at her healing magic, he always wished he had an affinity for it. Unfortunately, he was born one of the many without much magic potential so he just watched her with amazement.

Wes answered her question, sounding much more chipper than before since the pain he was experiencing was much less severe. “I was trying out a new type of training with Aerodactyl, basically he shot rocks at me while I wore a blindfold. It took me a bit to catch on so I took some hits at first.” Wes smiled a bit guiltily, he felt bad making Maria treat him because of his recklessness.

Azumi's eyed got watery. "You didn't have to punch me!" She took a drink from her cup. "I did it to protect the guild and the King sent the order." She rubbed her face. "It was my fault but for a good reason."
She looked at her drink. "I will give the message. It's one thing to warn them about it and actually going. War isn't a nice place to be at. There's a big chance some of us won't come back." She took another drink. "I've feared this day would come, I even thought about disbanding the guild to avoid it, but there's no honor in that." She took a big shot and put the empty cup down. "But I have you two and a great number of mages and warriors. We can do this." She smiled, still looking down.

Tyler woke up, and found himself alone. He grunted, and gently sat himself up on his bed, and heard the other OGs talking in the meeting room without him. He carefully stood up, and stayed like that for a minute. Thankfully he wouldn’t have to climb any stairs. He smiled to himself. He took one step after another down the hallway, and opened the door to the meeting room. He looked at everyone in the room and nodded. “Wonderful weather we’re having.” He said.

Razan exhaled and stopped his training. He headed back to the guild, and eventually saw Annette. He stopped by her suddenly. “Hi.” He said abruptly.

Last edited:
Azumi looked up at Tyler and frowned. "Aren't you suppose to be resting? Why are you wondering around the guild house? Did you eat already? Do you need me to help you with something? How are you feeling?"

Annette was at the library's front counter. There was a stack of books next to her and she was busy writing in some documents. Fifi was sleeping peacefully on the counter, next to a flower pot. Annette looked up when she heard Razan. "Oh hey! How are you feeling?"

"Suit yourself. Just figured I owed you something for leaving you like that. Plus I really wanted a chance to boss those newbies around... always such a good feeling... HEY! If you wanted a cup, you could've asked!"

She gave Sarah a frustrated and pouty facial expression. You don't touch her brew without asking first. She crossed her arms and slumped down in her chair.

Tyler sighed. Azumi would be always worried about him, and she would go big since he was now one piece. “I’ve been resting all day Azumi. I need to do-well I need to do something. I just can’t do nothing and be satisfied. Yes, I already ate, well, ate awhile batch of cookies...” he stopped for a moment and examined all of them. He then laughed. “Rough day eh? Don’t drink too much or you’ll end up like me.” Tyler smiled a bit, and then took a seat down in the center of the table. “We gonna have a meeting or something?”

Razan nodded and smiled. “Much better after the healing.”
Inside he was more than smiling. He didn’t specify if Maria had healed him or not, and she would most likely drop the content, unless she fessed up at the next meeting. He was clever like that. “I want to talk to you about that day....” he said, referring to the day he had passed out with Wes. “...the reason I had the scar was CrossBlades doing. I was alone in the forest and heard his voice, telling me to come to the forest. I couldn’t identify his voice at first, so I did as it said. He appeared and we fought, he gave me the scalar, and I held him back long enough to push him out. I didn’t want anyone to know because from experience I know that he’s too dangerous. I stayed away from everyone hoping that they wouldn’t notice, but that soon ceased...” He paused before he continued.
“People were starting to notice, so I ran off often, getting away from everyone. I held it for a month, until you found out,” Razan calmly said. “You kept at it, and then that day came around. When I was with you by the tree, CrossBlade spoke to me. He said, ‘Come to the forest, or the girl dies.’ I left you telling not to follow. I didn’t want you to get hurt...”
He looked downward, sadly. “I just thought you needed to know what happened. I didn’t want you to get hurt or...to lose you......”

Azumi smiled and hugged Emma. "I missed you so much. You don't need to repay me anything." She turned her attention back to Tyler. "Just take it easy okay? And no, there is no meeting. It's too late to drop news on the guild right now."

---------------------------------

Annette looked confused. "Well thank you for telling me. But, if you were trying to keep me and the rest of the guild safe, wasn't going alone to the woods more dangerous? I mean, if one or two members went to look for you, they could've been attacked by Crossblade. Plus, what were you expecting to accomplish going alone and injured?" She crossed her arms. "If you want to protect the people around you, you should start by trusting them." She smiled proudly. "I learned that from reading books on human behavior."