• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Ty was disappointed hearing her answer but quicky changed to a sense of rudeness"oh ,excuse me I should've introduced myself,I'm Ty,it's nice to meet you,and this is Danny,wait! Danny what are you doing out of your pokeball,uh sorry he does this sometimes"the shiny phantump shrugged with a nervous look "uh, anyway what's your name"Ty asked

Last edited:
"My uh....I'm Megan, from Solitude." She swallowed hard, the little creature floating by her classmates head was like nothing she'd ever seen. Scooting back into her seat and carefully drawing her own egg in closer she tried to continued speaking three times before any sound actually left her lips. "W-what kind of pokémon is that?!"

"oh this is Danny,he's a shiny phantump"Danny nudged his stump head against Magan's cheek"wait,your one of those solitude students,so you've never seen a pokemon before,well don't worry I've seen tons of pokemon before,well,besides the eggs,if these classes don't help with that I'll help you"Ty smiled happily when he heard the words come out of his mouth

"Oh!" Megan's whole body tensed at the touch of the phantump, her eyebrows stuck furled from all the uncertainty. Remembering to breathe again, she smiled back at the chipper kid who looked completely at ease with Danny. "Wow! That's awesome, thank you....what was your name?"

Tyrick's eyes were all over his schedule, finding himself eager to get his mind off of his own ridiculous fears. The Machamp in the room still made him anxious, and quickly led him to start rumpling the corners of the paper with his sweaty hands.

Tyrick Vachel
Solitude
Alternating Class Schedule:
"A" Day : 8:00 - Introduction to Pokémon
- learn about the different types of pokémon in the world
"B" Day: 10:00 -Training 101
- a class for beginning pokémon trainers focusing on pokémon care

"C" Day : 12:00 - World Music 101
- a class studying how different pokemon around the world use music

He found the nerve to look up from his paper in the hopes of confiding in the people nearby. As his gaze rose to meet Megan and whoever she was talking to, he jolted with a slight cry of surprise as he noticed the Phantump floating there. "Is it-does it... bite?" He nervously inquired, pulling his legs to his chest for a sense of safety. For a bigger guy, he sure knew how to look meek.

"I'm Ty, heh,I think Danny like you"Ty stared at his schedule and than at Magan's schedule"hm,looks like we have the same classes"Ty looked at her egg"so you don't know what Pokemon that egg contains either"Ty had a cheerful smile on his face"I guess it's just going to be a surprise"Danny floated into Ty's backpack and fell asleep soundly"uh,Danny you've been sleeping since we got here how in the world are you still tired"Ty said agrivated

Ty seemed like a nice kid, Megan was happy he was being so friendly and that his pokémon was nice. She couldn't imagine how she'd react to an unruly pokémon.

"My egg isn't warm or cold...I hope that's normal," said Megan as she placed a hand on her new treasure, "I...I think I can do this."

When Danny went off to sleep, Megan was reminded of how tired she was. She hoped the seminar would be over soon.

Eventually the Dean finished reading the names off the list and announced, "Anyone here who didn't get your name called, so sorry, this was the official list and you're out of luck. Also! Due to a small class size, every student will have their own private cabins on the ship. Thank you for your attention, now go get some rest!" With that, Dean Jim stepped away from the podium and retired to his hotel room. Tomorrow morning they would get on the ship.

As the dean finished it's speech and the sudents walked out of the room Ty looked at Magan and her egg he reluctently asked"hey Magan you wanna hang out I could teach you some stuff about pokemon"Ty smiled and reached out his hand to shake Magan's

After the dean finished his speech and left for his hotel room. Lars went to the counter to ask for his room key. On his way to his room he saw many different student whom he's going to spend almost the whole year with. Some there were excited some were anxious. As he walked, he saw the 3 other students who seem familiar. With his left arm hugging his Pokemon egg he went between the boy who was reaching out his hand and the girl. He grabbed the boy's hand. "Don't touch her! You don't want to be puke girl's barf man do you? Consider this a warning and from now on stay cautious." Lars said trying to hold back his laugh. Then his eyes become wide opened as if he recognized something terrible and scary. He quickly let go of the boy's hand and jump away to distance himself from him. "Y-you can't be that same little girl who was beside puke girl awhile ago can you." Then Lars dropped to the floor sitting cross-legged. He laid down his Pokemon egg and put both of his hands on his face. "He... no she... wait he.... he was a trap all along. I mean he was too cute with her short blonde hair and stuff. His disguise has deceived me and I have fallen for it. Such tragedy." He said making a seen which made the other students passing by give the four of them looks. Some were laughing and some were looking worried."

"hey! what did you do that for!"Ty started steaming up at the strange at the strange sudent's actions"and don't you be calling my friend puke girl"Danny awoke from his nap whenever Lars grabbed Ty's hand, Danny floated in front of Ty and Magan with an angry look in his eyes
"I don't think you wanna fight,do you"Ty was ready for whatever Lars wanted to throw at him

"My name is Megan," she stated firmly. "And I wouldn't worry about him, Ty. Lars here just wants a little attention!" Megan patted Lars on the head as he sat cross-legged on the floor. "I. Am. Exhausted..." She yawned and huffed,"Goodnight, Ty. Goodnight, Tyrik. I'll meet you down here in the morning, okay? We can all board the ship together." With a final smile to each of her new friends and even to the odd one on the floor, Megan took off up the stairs to go to sleep and get some rest.

Lars got his hands of his face revealing his big grin. He chuckled "Gotcha! And she got me good too, that Megan's one tough chick." Lars stood up and got his egg. "Well she is right about one thing, We are exhausted and sleep takes the most priority in life so seeya guys." He started to walk away as he waved at Tyrick and said "G'night Ty." Then he waved at Ty and said "Night Tyrick." He went up the stairs mumbling. "I must have the worst taste on friends. Seriously what's their difference? The other one's father is named Rick and the other's is Unnamed? And why the hell...." He kept mumbling until he reached his room. He laid down with his egg beside him. "And good night to you too buddy." Lars said giving his egg one last look then he went to sleep.

Tyrick replied to each of them with a nervous wave and a tense smile. That meant that it was just him and Phantump boy left, and he stared him in the face for a few seconds before he realized what exactly he was doing. "Oh... ugh, sorry. Didn't mean to bore my eyes into you like that..." He scratched the back of his head and swallowed hard, at a loss for much to say. "It was Ty, right? Funny that our names are so similar. I'm gonna go to bed now, but I have to ask, is your little ghost-friend-thing... y'know, as friendly as it looks?"

Ty was confused at what just happened but snapped out of it when tyrick asked him a question"oh,uh sorry about that I guess I got a little to protective"Ty smiled with an embarrassed look"and Danny he a little sweetheart he loves everyone,well, unless their jerks like Lars, actually,I wouldn't call him a jerk,more like someone who likes pranks

As Caylyn went to her room for the night, she looked at her schedule. Before she had a chance to look at it, however, she felt two powerful paws on her shoulders. She turned her head around to see Mightyena trying to read the schedule, which made her chuckle. "You want me to read it for you, buddy?" Mightyena nodded. "Alright, here goes.

Name: Caylyn Warden
Region: Hoenn

Alternating Class Schedule:

"A" Day: 8:00 Showcase 101
- A class all about baking, dance and performance with Pokemon.
"B" Day: 12:00 Music 101
- Studying how different Pokemon around the world use music

Everything looks in order. This is what we signed up for, so, let's make the best of it, okay, buddy?" Caylyn put her hand up for a high five. Mightyena got on his hind legs and jumped up, returning the high five.

Tyrick blinked, watching Danny like a prey Pokemon might watch a predator as the trainer spoke. "Maybe he's going through a rough patch? I don't know. I guess it's not really my place to assume, but it's not his place to be so rude, either." He thought out loud. An impulse seemed to take control of his arm as he raised his hand, brought it slowly to the Phantump's head, patted it quickly, and then jerked it back with a frightened breath. "Sorry... I... I need to get over this fear. We're on a boat surrounded by them, but Pokemon still just freak me out." He explained, before stopping his own babbling with a fake yawn, grabbing hold of his satchel, and waving goodnight as he hurried towards the door to go to his room. "Well, would you look at the time? Nice meeting you!" He called, already halfway through the hall, and only moments later, he sat comfy and relieved in his own space, alone. Then again, not totally alone. With a stomach full of dread, he felt around in the bag for his egg. It was small, but warm. Beating with life as he pulled it gently into his lap. This... thing. Whatever it was. It would be his when it hatched. Powerful or not, it seemed so fragile in his grasp. It was totally at his mercy, and he groped around in the dark for his bed, he began to feel a bit sick.

Ty was happy he was helping the students from solitude get over their fears of pokemon,when ty got to his room he sat down on his bed with the egg in his lap"wonder if I'll be seeing them again"Ty didn't know for sure, but he hoped so,Magan was kind,Tyrick was cool,and Lars was,well I guess funny,Ty smiled at his pokemon,happy that he made new friends
(OOC:when are the eggs supposed to hatch?)

(OOC: You decide when the egg hatches. could be tonight, could be next week)

-------------

Megan had laid in bed on her side, cradling the blue egg all night long. She was up half the night, afraid she would break the fragile-looking thing, but eventually exhaustion took over and she shut her eyes. In the morning, Megan felt recharged and ready for the day. After brushing her teeth, she grabbed her duffle and egg and took off down the hall. Outside the front door was the awesome sight of a 700 ft cruise ship that had arrived overnight.

"Wow!" Megan exclaimed. Clutching her egg close to her she took off to be first in line for the boarding ramp, completely forgetting about meeting her new friends in the lobby because she wasn't used to having social obligations.

An intercom pierced the relative silence of the morning, "Attention all students! We will now begin boarding our beloved ship, the SS Explorer! Please grab you luggage and your Pokémon and find your way to your cabin once on the ship."

Caylyn rushed out of her hotel room, Mightyena right behind her, as she bolted down the stairs and outside. The ship they were going to be sailing on looked rather nice, she had to admit. "Well, Mightyena, you ready to start traveling?" She asked, looking down to her canine-like Pokemon. Mightyena nodded, to which Caylyn smiled to, and the two boarded the cruise ship. "I guess we'll be spending a long time here. Good thing it's a nice ship, huh?"

Ty got a head start in the day due to the sleep schedule he had exploring,Ty was running to the the titanic looking ship,when Ty saw the magnificent ship he stopped in his tracks, even Danny couldn't take his eyes of the ship"Woah, look at that,it's gigantic"Ty's gazing was interrupted by another inercom voice,stated to board the ship.Ty started running to the ship once again, his back pack was stuffed full of supplies ,as well as things for the pokemon that hatches out of the,the egg itself Ty was carrying in his hands.Ty made it to line to board the ship,only one person was in line however,it was "Magan! hey what are you doing up so early in the morning"Ty was kinda surprised,but happy he had someone to talk too for the time being

Megan had been staring out into space when she heard Ty say her name. She yawned as she greeted him, "Morning Ty! I just wanted to be the very first in line today. I heard security on ships can be quite tight and I didn't want to be waiting in line all afternoon." She stood there awkwardly for a minute then continued, "Can you guess what type of Pokemon my egg will be? Its blue, not hot and not cold."

Ty had no idea what the pokemon inside the egg would be"uh,well it's blue so maybe it could be a water type pokemon"Ty said in a fake confident voice just to impress Magan"heh,sorry,but honestly I have no idea what kind of pokemon is in the egg"he said in a embarrassed way

"Oh! A water type pokemon...I would be really happy if it was...not that I wouldn't be happy if it wasn't!" Megan blushed, wondering for a minute if the pokemon inside the egg could already hear her. "So there's water type and ghost type, what other types-"

"Please step forward and present your boarding pass," said a crew member who seemingly appeared out of nowhere. He was dressed in a crisp, all white sailor's uniform. Megan gave him the piece of paper and the sailor checked her name off a list and handed her a key card then said, "This is your room key as well as your ticket on and off the ship in every port. Don't lose it." With that he motioned for Megan to ascend the ramp.

"I guess I'll see you at the top," said Megan to Ty.

Ty gave the crew member his paper and followed Magan to the top of the ship"to answer your question,hm,let's see there is fire type,grass type,bug type,fairy type,dragon type,poison,flying,rock,ground,steel,
am I missing one,hehe,oh well,I guess you'll find out on your own"Ty smiled and gave a somewhat brotherly look to Magan

"There's just so much for me to learn...woah," Megan gasped. Automatic glass doors opened before the first two students who made it onto the ship. The reception lobby was gorgeous, ornately decorated with crystal chandeliers and seashell moldings on the walls. By far the most impressive feature was the enormous aquarium in the center of the room.

"wow this place is fancy, usually I'll just be in a 2 star hotel"Ty smiled as he walked into the lobby with Magan who Ty seemed to have taken a liking to"so what are going to do for your first day on board the ship"Danny knew that Ty liked Magan,but he simply rolled his eyes and followed them

With her mouth hanging open in awe, Megan approached the tank in the middle of the room. "I uh....I'd like to go swimming," she answered Ty, but her focus was on the beautiful pokemon swimming in the aquarium. Reaching forward, she placed her fingers on the glass, "They're so beautiful...I want to learn everything about them." She stood there for a long time, just staring. "I should probably go find my cabin, maybe I'll meet you by the pool?" Megan smiled at Ty and Danny, then walked off to find her room on the next deck below.

"Ok,see you there" Ty walked into his cabin on the upper deck,when inside,he tossed down his backpack and sat on a bed with the symbol for the school on it, identifying that this cabin belonged to a student"ugh,Danny I don't know what to do,I mean she's really nice and kind and I like her for that but if I ask her it's gonna be a super awkward moment and then I'll never see her again"Ty was all jumbled up,he looked at Danny who was looking disappointed in Ty"well I'm sorry but it's the first time I've liked someone in years,yaahhh!!"Ty was irritated from arguing with himself "well,I best get ready to meet Magan at the pool"Ty stopped fighting with himself and changed from his normal clothes to blue swimming trunks and later left his dorm to the pool, Danny hated swimming so he stayed behind ,once Ty was at the pool he sat on a bench waiting for Magan and fidgeting with a towel

Megan's cabin wasn't the most luxurious on the ship, but it had a small balcony and its own private bathroom. Quickly unpacking her bags, Megan pulled out her swim suit. It was a black and blue two piece sports suit. Although she was tall and curvy, Megan kept in shape by swimming. "You're going to come with me everywhere I go!" She said, grabbing her pokemon egg. Then donning a simple white robe, she took off to find the pool. Along the way, Megan passed by a piano lounge, a gift shop and one of the spacious dining halls. When she arrived at the pool, she didn't see Ty at first. "I'll just leave this here," she said to herself as she dropped her robe and pokemon egg satchel on a lounge chair. Taking the egg in one of her arms, Megan walked down the steps into the cool water. "Let's see if you like the water," said Megan. Slowly, she lowered it part way into the water. As soon as it came into contact the egg began to jiggle. "Oh! I-I! I can feel it moving! Haha, wow that's so amazing!" Megan looked up and finally noticed Ty. "Ty! I think you were right about it being a water ty-Oh!" The egg began to glow bright white. "Wh-what's happening?!" Megan was breathless, nearly panicked but for some reason she knew everything would be okay. Being in the water always made her feel a bit more brave. As the glow faded away, the solid egg took on a slippery feel.

"Kip?" Peeped a tiny blue creature with orange cheeks.

"T-Ty....m-my pokemon...What is it?" Megan's eyes were dewy, never in her life had she seen something so amazing or felt a connection so strong.

Ty was daydreaming but was brought back to reality when Magan called her name the egg began to wobble in the water and when it cracked he immediately knew what pokemon that was"Magan that's a mudkip,if I'm correct it's also the water starter for the hoenn region"Ty was happy that Magan had a Pokemon for her own "so, Magan, what are you going to name the little guy"

"Hello there, little mudkip," said Megan, pulling her new partner in close. He was so squishy and delicate, she wondered if it was safe to let him go. Before she could make the decision herself, the mudkip squirmed free of her grasp and began splashing about.

"Kip!" splash "Kip!" kadoosh "Mudkip!" Mudkip swam back in front of Megan and sat floating as if waiting to learn its name.

"Ty, I have no idea..."Megan was awestruck, "I'm just so happy...happy I finally have a partner."

"Kip mudkip!"the mudkip continued to swim around the pool, gliding around with ease.

"For now, let's just go swimming!" yelled Megan as she dove into the water, purposefully splashing Ty. Megan and her mudkip swam around having a splash fight.

"hehe,ok I'm coming in"Ty jumped into the pool splashing Magan and her new partner "I like your swimsuit it makes you look cute"Ty dove under water aware of what he just said,he started yelling at himself in the pool "ugh,I'm stupid,she knows I like her,I'm just going to stay down here"Ty forgot he had to breath air,he paddled up to the surface of the pool"uh,I'm so sorry I said that,it's okay if you don't want to hang out with me "Ty gazed at Magan's new Pokemon and started to feel somewhat better about what he said.Danny was watching the egg that Ty left in the room which began to crack open, Danny floated trough the door and up towards the pool where Ty and Magan were swimming

Megan flinched upon receiving a compliment. Ironic, she thought to herself, someone tells me I look cute and I somehow feel more self-conscious. Megan wasn't sure how to react after Ty dove underwater, especially since he took so long to come up.

"I'm sorry you're sorry I guess..." said Megan, avoiding eye contact. "I'm fine hanging out with you."

"Kip kip!" Megan's new partner jumped out of the water right onto Megan's head.

"Woah!" exclaimed Megan as she tried to keep her head steady. "What's wrong, buddy?"

The mudkip was staring at an approaching pokemon.

Danny was carrying the purple egg over to the pool alerting Ty,Magan and the newly hatched mudkip "Danny!"Ty jumped out of the pool and grabbed the egg from Danny "the egg,it's hatching " the egg began to crack until a Pokemon hopped out startling Ty and making him falling fall into the pool,the pokemon was a sneasel,it looked as if it was was kinda mad "woah the egg was a sneasel egg"the sneasel jumped into the pool without hesitation which surprised Ty considering it just hatched"hehe,happy birthday mudkip and sneasel,hmm,we need to give you two a name"Ty started to think up names trying to forget about what happened before Danny arrived

Lars was half awake when that Pokemon tried to wake him up. "Yeah I'll get to you in a sec... or a minute or two... just give me a 3 hour nap please.." Then he dozed off. "Miltank!" the pokemon gruffed. The Miltank carried Lars off his bed and rushed him outside the hotel. Lars grumbled on the way "Whaa..." he said half asleep and drooling. The Miltank went to the nearest body of water it could find (prob where you guys at) and threw Lars into the deep part of the water making a big splash. "Miltank!" it grunted feeling proud of herself. "What the! Heeeeeeeeeeelp!" After a second of hearing Lars's scream the Miltank got worried and looked at him. Lars was having a hard time trying to maintain himself. He was drowning. "What the-... you-... fat pink-... I can't swim you idiot!" Lars shouted incompletely as he struggled. "Miltank!" the Pokemon shouted with realizing what she had don wrong.

Lars then noticed that there were people near him, two silhouettes of humans. Although he did not recognize them. He did recognize that Pokemon, what did he call it? Phantump? Its owner was... Ty? Tyrick? which was it? It didn't matter now so all he did was shout for help. "Hel-... me-... Someone-... ease-" He said gasping for breath.

"ahh!!, Lars"Ty dived to get drowning Lars,Ty pulled him up to the edge of the pool"uh Lars you ok "Ty was jerking him around trying to get him to say something sneasel just watched and Danny floated there staring at the miltank facepalming himself

When Lars was ashore, he choked and struggled to breathe until he threw up the water from his lungs. Making sure he could breathe normal again he proceeded to thank his savior. He put both of his hands on Ty's shoulder and said "Thanks Ty I owe you but before that..." He glared at his Miltank. "You pink fat little..!" He started to walk toward it. "Miiiiii!" The Miltank squealed. When Lars was within arms reach with his Miltank, he dropped the glare and hugged his Miltank. Then both of them started to cry. "Don't ever do that again... We just met okay, don't jump to conclusions next time."
"Miiiiii." The Miltank replied

After that, the Miltank's tail started to glow blue and used Healing Bell on Lars to stop him from shivering.
When he already felt well, Lars stood up and approached Ty. "Thanks again Ty." Lars said with a big grin. Noticing the sneasel in the background Lars started to ask Ty. "Hey did your egg hatch too?"

"oh,yeah my egg hatched,this is,hm I still haven't given you a name"Ty looked at the sneasel who was looking at Lars strangely"how about Luna,you like that name" Luna was cheering that she had a new name,Ty picked up Luna and gave her a hug"hehe welcome to the team"Ty smiled at his new Pokemon, Luna started hopping around like she wanted to fight"hm,it looks like Luna wants to battle,hey Lars,we still have some time before it gets dark you want to have a quick battle"

"A battle?" Lars said syllable by syllable. "You are going to help me out right? I mean this is going to be like the first one I'm going to have." He scratched the back of his head and tried to look like a fool who doesn't know anything. Lars then noticed Megan with her new Pokémon. Lars concluded that that new Pokémon was the egg given to her. "Good morning so yours hatched to huh?!" Lars drifted from the Pokémon to Megan who was in her swimsuit. Lars's face turned a bit red and turned away quickly to try to avoid unnecessary awkwardness between them. "Lars Cameron you have no time to think of dirty thoughts about someone who's older than you that still pukes herself! Get yourself together!" He thought to himself.

Lars then slapped his cheeks with both hands at the same time and grinned. He then turned to Ty. "If you want a battle that much I guess I could spare you some time. But I doubt... I doubt... uh what are you called?" Lars then turned to the Miltank. "Hmm I guess I'll call you Mimi? Mirai? Yuki?" For every name that Lars suggested, the Miltank made an X with its arms. "Miltank." It insisted. "Miltank then?" The Pokémon then nodded crossarmed as if agreeing. "Yeeaah I doubt Miltank would give much of a fight. I mean my Pokémon and I are both newbies in this kind of thing."

Lars then shouted trying to get an audience from people in the ship "Well we'll give it our best anyways. We accept your challenge!"

For the whole scene, Megan and her mudkip had been treading water. While she was certainly capable of pulling Lars out of the water herself, Ty got to him first. I'm just glad they didn't drown eachother, Megan thought as she sighed.

"Mudkip?" the small amphibious creature looked questioningly at Megan. After hearing Ty name his new pokemon, Megan was reminded mudkip still needed a name.

"Do you want me to give you a name?" Asked Megan, speaking to the mudkip directly just as she had seen other trainers doing.

"Mudkip!" He answered happily.

"I guess that means yes," she giggled. "So, uh...are you a boy?"

"Muuudkip!" He answered again, affirming he was in fact a boy.

"Alright then, here it goes," Megan looked into her partner's big, glassy eyes. "How about Neo?"

"Kip." he replied in a disapproving tone.

"No? Okay...Waterford?"

"Kip." another no.

"Oh...uh....Okay, what about Lamar!"

Mudkip considered for a moment then peeped happily, "Mud!" Then jumping into Megans arms, the newly named Lamar was content just to be held.

"Alright! Lamar it is," Megan said quietly, drawing her partner in close. She looked up to see Ty and Lars talking.

"Yeah Lars, this is my water type pokemon, Lamar! He's a mudkip!" Megan's head was spinning. There was something thrilling about learning to talk about pokemon. Lars's pokemon is already so big, thought Megan, I wonder if he will accept a battle on his first day as a trainer....I'm not sure I could. Megan pet Lamar's squishy head, "That's awesome Lars!," she said. "If you guys want to battle, I read that the stadium on the very top deck is open until 23:00.

Last edited: