• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
"oh, hehe I guess I forgot that you guys haven't even seen a Pokemon until yesterday,don't worry Lars I'll go easy on you"Ty then smirked and turned to Magan "oh,we were supposed to hang out,uh,you and Lamar want to come from come watch our battle you could learn a few pointers"Ty smiled and began to dry himself off with a towel

After an uneasy night in his hotel room, Tyrick gathered his belongings and made for the ship, the satchel and egg tucked protectively under his arm for warmth all the while as he gained his key and strode aboard. This trip was turning out to be one amazing marvel after another, as when he stepped into the luxurious, crystalline cruiser lobby, the six-some foot boy suddenly managed to feel so small in contrast to everything around him. The aquarium Pokemon swam gracefully in their tanks with such comfortably benign ease, and so, completely against himself, Tyrick began to smile, standing alone in the wake of it all as a new world began to shape around him. It wouldn't seem like much to anyone else, but the moment was thrilling. At least, until it occurred to him that he had no clue where to go. The ship's instructional signs were a big help in directing him to the pool, but as for were he could go to find anyone familiar, he would've been stumped if he didn't look up to see Ty, Megan, and Lars all chumming it up there already. "Oh! Hey guys!" He waved, yet to notice the Pokemon near them in his haste to say hello.

"oh hey Tyrick, what's up"Ty saw the egg in his satchel"your egg hasn't hatched yet huh,oh I should introduce you to my new Pokemon "Ty pointed to Luna who was playing in the water with Lamar"that's Luna,my sneasel, Lars and Magan's egg hatched too"

Upon hearing a commotion, Caylyn couldn't help but go and investigate. There, she saw two boys. One was the one who went up and petted Mightyena back at the hotel yesterday. She didn't know the other boy, though. Caylyn walked up to them, Mightyena walking at her side. Their eggs hatched, so they shouldn't be too afraid. "Although, Mightyena is a more intimidating Pokemon than some. Oh, it'll be fine." She decided, as she sat right next to the pool, near a girl with what appeared to be a newly-hatched Mudkip. She took off her shoes and rolled up her pant legs, before soaking her feet in the pool. Mightyena laid down next to his trainer and rested his head in her lap. She looked to the girl, before asking: "Are those two planning on having a battle?"

Tyrick's pulse began to flutter as he took notice of the Pokemon playing in the pool. He could handle this... these were some of the most harmless looking things he'd ever seen. There was no reason to be afraid, but he still couldn't stop the lump from forming in his throat, only able to counter it by swallowing hard and clenching his fists. "That's... great! I'm just gonna... stick over here." He stammered slowly, making his way to sit down in one of the pool chairs as he held his egg to his chest. Should it have hatched by now? Could his have been defective? The thoughts of doubt came fast, but he shook his head at the thought. He felt... at ease to have it so close by. Finding his courage, he stole some glances at Lars's new Miltank. The thing seemed ridiculously silly in its appearance, Tyrick decided, but for his own sake, that was a good thing.

"uh, Tyrick,you ok buddy"Ty noticed the uneasy look on Tyrick's face"are you nervous about something, Danny was watching the Pokemon play in the pool with Magan,he looked at the mightyena and started to feel weak and sick, mightyena are dark types and ghost types are weak to dark types,Ty saw Danny and asked"Danny are you ok too,jeez,everyone seems to be queezy"

When someone asked Megan about her friend's battle, she wasn't expecting to turn around and see a large black and gray beast.

"Woah! Th-that's a big pokemon..Uh...yeah they said they were going to battle...I'm Megan, by the way." Megan's eyes were transfixed on the pokemon. It made her feel better that little Lamar expressed no fear at all. When Megan saw Tyrik in the distance her heart jumped to her throat, she was happy to see her friend again.

"Nice to meet you, Megan! I'm Caylyn, and this is my partner, Mightyena!" Caylyn responded with a smile, while she stroked her Pokemon's head. "So, your egg turned out to be a Mudkip huh?" She asked, looking to the newly-hatched Water-type. "Y'know, those are pretty rare. Where I come from, the Hoenn Region, Mudkip is the Water-type starter Pokemon there." She informed, while her Mightyena sniffed at the Mudkip curiously.

"It's nice to meet you Caylyn,"said Megan. "Your pokemon looks quite powerful! So Lamar's egg was from the Hoenn reigion like you and Mightyena? What's a starter pokemon? Are they different from normal pokemon?...C-can any pokemon be considered nor-" Megan froze in place as Mightyena sniffed Lamar.

"Mudkip?" Lamar looked at Mightyena quizzically. Megan was in awe of how fearless her little pokemon was even just after it hatched. Lamar began to jump around in the water, trying to entice Mightyena to chase him.

Mightyena gave a glance to Caylyn. The trainer gave a nod to the Dark-Type, and he playfully leaped at Lamar, intentionally missing the new-born. Caylyn chuckled. "Yeah, Mightyena's pretty strong, but you wouldn't know it from the way he acts. A starter Pokemon, well, it really depends. Technically, whatever Pokemon that's your first is a starter Pokemon, but each Region usually has three specific 'iconic' start Pokemon. And they're always Fire-, Grass-, and Water-Types. Most Starter Pokemon are specifically bred to have a certain ability. For example, the 'norm' for a Water-Type would be the ability Torrent. Basically, Torrent increases their Water-Type moves by a ton in battle if they're close to fainting. Now, if I recall correctly, the other ability Mudkip can have is called Damp. I think it prevents other Pokemon from self-destructing. And, really, whether or not a Pokemon is considered normal? That depends on rather or not you consider there to be a norm for humans. Each Pokemon is different, just like every human is different."

"just like my starter pokemon is Danny because he's the first Pokemon I've ever had"Ty decided to engage in the conversation between Magan and Caylen "sneasel"Luna watched the two pokemon play and she wanted to play to but she felt a hard feeling around her"sne?" Luna somehow froze part of the pool where she was swimming "snees!!!" Luna jumped out of the pool startled at her ice type capabilitys"huh,ahh! Luna how did you freeze part of the pool!"Ty couldn't believe this after all Luna was born about half an hour ago"uh,I don't think we're aloud to freeze the pool,we could get in trouble,does anybody have a fire type".Danny was still trembling at Caylen's mightyena dispite how friendly it seemed to act, Danny huddled over to Caylen and gave a frightened screech"tump-phantump"

"Heeeeeeeeeeey!" At the sight of the Mightyena, Lars grabbed Miltank's arm and ran to approach Mightyena forgetting all about the battle and the crowd that he had gathered. He then decided to give Mightyena a hug. "Miltank this is Mightyena he's the first pokemon that I've met so try to be friends with him okay?" That being said Miltank extended his right arm to Mightyena. "And that's... that's Megan's Pokemon and she's... she's blue." Miltank then extended his left arm to Mudkip.

"Hey, Lars. That pokemon is pretty cool, do you know what type it is? This is Lamar, by the way. He's a water type called mudkip." Megan plucked Lamar out of the water to show introduce him to Lars and Miltank. Using the stairs to exit the water, Megan felt very uncomfortable showing so much in front of so many people. Back on Solitude I almost always swam alone...she recounted. Quickly grabbing her robe off the lounge chair, Megan covered up.

"Mud." Lamar greeted Miltank, as fearless as ever.

"Lamar huh... a water type Mudkip. If yours is a water type..." Then Lars paused and turned to Mightyena. "And if I remember correctly, your trainer said that you were a Dark type..." He then looked at Caylyn and asked. "So what type is mine supposed to be? I'm Lars by the way just in case I forgot to introduce myself because I really have no memory of the two of us exchanging names." He smiled sheepishly as he waited for Caylyn's answer.

Tyrick stayed silent as he sat off to the side. It wasn't that he was trying to eavesdrop on all of their conversations, or even exclude himself from them at all, but he was busy cradling the red streaked egg to keep his gaze off of Caylyn's Mightyena. "Not to intrude, though that is one hell of a Pokemon you have." He called, feeling a bit bolder with the egg in his care.

Ty finally broke the ice that Luna froze somehow"phew,glad that's finally over"Ty looked up and saw that the sun was beginning to set"hey guys,it looks like it's gonna be dark soon,I'm gonna go ahead and get to bed"Ty picked up Luna and motioned for Danny to follow Ty"I'll see you guys in classes tomorrow" "snes-sneasel"Luna waved goodbye to her new friends.later whenever Ty was back in his room he was preparing for bed,he had put his pajamas on and had already took a shower"jeez,this place is fancy,makes you wonder if I was actually invited here,hehe,well at least being here will help those solitude kids learn more about pokemon,good night"Ty hopped into bed and Danny curled up on one side of them and Luna on the other"zZZZ"Ty was fast asleep in the blink of an eye after having such a tiring day.

(OOC: Just so you're aware, Jayloc, Miltank is always female.)
"That's right, Mightyena's a Dark-Type! And your Pokemon, well, she's a Miltank, so that means she's a Normal-Type. And Miltank is a pretty strong one, if you have the right move-set on it." Caylyn replied, before shuddering at the memory of the videos she'd seen of people in Johto going against the Normal-Type Gym Leader, Whitney. "Attract, Milk Drink, Stomp, and Rollout. Dear Arceus, that move-set destroyed so many teams in the battles I've seen."

"Hm? Oh yeah! Yeah... for sure!" Tyrick babbled, still a bit tight in the throat at the image of that Mightyena going savage any moment. Like second nature, he kept his eyes right where they should've been as he flashed a quick, reassuring smile at Megan. "New friends, new environment... new lifestyle. Man this is a lot to take in. So your Pokemon is- uh- really cute. Looked a lot like a little pool toy while he, or she, was swimming around."

"I wonder what kind of pokemon yours will be," Megan pondered.

"Muuudkip...mud," yawned Lamar. The little mudkip was exhausted having just hatched and spent a good amount of time swimming and meeting new people.

"I guess Lamar is a little tuckered out. It would've been fun to see a battle, but I guess Ty got tired too." Megan still felt wide awake, but she thought it would be best to return to her cabin and let Lamar rest.

BWAAAA BWAAAA BWAAAA

The ship's horn was so loud, the students could feel sound vibrations through the deck. It was the signal of departure, the ship was pulling away from the floating port. Megan picked up Lamar and walked to the railing, determined to stay up and watch her homeland drift into the distance. While her pokemon slept quietly in her arms, Megan recounted her apprehension the day before on the ferry. Despite still being wet from the pool, holding a slippery, sleeping pokemon and being in the wind as the ship picked up speed, Megan felt warm. The kind of warmth that comes when you discover a sense of purpose or make a new friend.

"Goodbye, Solitude."

Tyrick didn't want to intrude on Megan's moment, standing meekly behind her instead of crowding in on the rail as he watched the departure over her shoulder. It was funny, almost, how the island looked like it was floating away... receding into the vast horizon while Tyrick and the students were the ones still planted.

"Bye, Mom. I wish I could say I don't miss you." He whispered, not even realizing that the words had materialized from his mouth as he said them out loud. The warmth of the egg in his hands suddenly seemed so alive. The creature inside? Surely striving to crack through and experience the world with its own two eyes. But even so, it was yet to hatch. He brought the small life to rest against his now-damp cheeks, stroking it gently with a hard swallow. A feeling had blossomed inside him, hopelessly entwined with his own fears, but a feeling that helped him nonetheless. There was nothing but love in his heart for whatever would come out of that egg. It was his responsibility. Something that needed him like he needed comforting, and he'd be damned if he wouldn't be willing to fight tooth and nail for its well being if the time ever came.

"AAHHH"the loud horn that notified students about the departure woke up Ty,Ty jumped out the door ready for anything"What!! we only just now left the port,jeez this place has a crazy sleep schedule if there gonna honk the horn this late at night"Ty calmed down and stared at the island"hm,the kids from solitude,have never left there home before and now there leaving there home and having to deal with pokemon for the first time, I'm sorry Magan, Tyrick, Lars,I know how you feel to leave your family to do something you have never done before,whenever I set out to be an explorer I was excited to see cities and ruins and places nobody has ever been to before,but deep down I was scared to leave my family on my own,them...I'm sure there happy to do this,but just like me deep down their scared like I was"Danny and Luna were watching them depart beside Ty "good night guys"Ty walked back into the room to get back to sleep"good night again"Danny and Luna huddled with ty for a good night sleep

"Okay. I understood half of that but that's enough at least."At the sound of the horn, his heart jumped and raced. "Oh we're leaving! Give me a sec." He ran to the rail and and grasped it making a soft CLANG. Looked at Solitude then shouted as high as he can. "I'LL BE BAAAAACK!" He then noticed Megan and Tyrick and gave them a goofy smile. "Sorry." Then he continued screaming farewells to people he knew. Some of the students that he gathered for the battle; those that were from Solitude, joined him and screamed their good byes as well. He even noticed some of them crying. He whispered to himself"Yeah that's right, I'll be back to show you Pokémon are no threat and one day that island will start living with them too. Dad... I'll do what you couldn't because after all ,I'm your son." He then made one last scream "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!" Then he quickly left and headed for his cabin along with his Miltank.

"I...I can't see it anymore," Megan whispered quietly to herself. For the past hour she had been watching the island fade away. All she could see was the trail of churning, blue water left behind by the ship's propellers. "Time for bed, I guess, " she yawned and sleepily shuffled back to her cabin. Without even changing her clothes, Megan set Lamar on a pillow and collapsed on her bed. Before drifting off to sleep Megan made on last mental note, Class tomorrow 8:00...don't forget...

"Lars!!!"Ty woke up again upon hearing Lars scream"go to sleep!!"Ty put his pillow over his head"jeez I have camped out with wild pokemon screeching at night but they weren't even as loud as Lars'Ty laughed alittle bit "well I guess that's just Lars"Ty calmed down and fell back into a sleep

Caylyn yawned before she went to her room, Mightyena following her. She plopped down on her bed and laid down, with the Pokemon Egg wrapped in her arms. "So.... Warm..." She murmured, as sleep consumed her. Mightyena climbed up on the bed and slept next to Caylyn. Sleep usually took the hyena Pokemon immediately, but tonight and the night prior had been different. He felt more responsible than usual, because of the egg Caylyn nod carried with her. Mightyena felt protective over it. After a few minutes of carefully watching his trainer and her egg, Mightyena finally sat his head down and went to sleep.

As everyone cleared out, Tyrick was quick to follow, feeling a yawn coming on as he swiftly made for his room with the egg in tow. He kept his eyes to the ground as he passed other trainers, most of them already had Pokemon at their heels, and it only worried him more as to why his hadn't hatched. What could've he been missing? His father used to sing songs to his mother's pregnant belly before he was born, but Tyrick would've rather done anything else before risking embarrassing himself in front of the listening egg. Instead, he hummed a simple little tune to his Pokemon to-be, curling up into bed with it against his spare pillow.

Bang! Boom! Bang! Boom! Bang! Boom!

Megan woke up in the middle of the night to the rhythmic opening and slamming of all the drawers in her cabin. It was no trick room or haunting, the ship had been plowing through a storm with 30 ft swells and even a huge cruise ship like the SS Explorer can feel those waves.

Lamar the Mudkip was still fast asleep, Megan envied him. Megan knew if she didn't get fresh air soon, it would be like the ferry ride all over again. She was a bit paranoid about leaving Lamar alone. Scenes of a destroyed cabin and a furious staff member crossed her mind. Lamar is just a baby, she thought. Megan carefully placed her sleeping pokemon in the purple satchel that once held Lamar's egg.

Fresh air was a good idea, Megan was happy to see a dim light cutting through the clouds in the East. Soon the sun would rise, although the storm would probably obscure the view. Breakfast would be served in the dining hall at sunrise, then class starts at 8:00.

"At least I won't oversleep, " Megan said to herself. She leaned on the railing and drifted off into a daydream as she waited to see if a friend would walk by on their way to breakfast.

Last edited:
Tyrick woke with a start, fumbling frantically for his egg and holding on tight when he found it. A sharp sigh of relief broke out of him when he managed to find it. All the jostling and jumbling of the storm-driven ship could've thrown it to the ground if he weren't so careful. Gingerly, he placed it back in the satchel with the extra cushioning of a spare pillow. It was morning, he gathered. Too early to get ready for class, but too late to fall back asleep. With a groan of dread and a few hearty yawns, he changed into day clothes, rose from the bed, and strode out the door.

Yet again, his luck didn't deceive him when it came to finding a friend. He made his way over to Megan and tapped her shoulder, smiling and waving in groggy disbelief of the vast sea only so far away. "Good to see you." He yawned. "Still no sign of my egg hatching. Awkward question, but you don't... sing or anything, do you? Maybe whatever's in here needs a good song before it's willing to perk up. Actually, scratch that. What am I even talking about?- So how have you been?" He said, still too tired to think straight.

Ty was already awake and lively" as well as Danny and Luna*yawn*wonder if any of the others are awake" Ty looked around and saw Tyrick and Magan"oh hey guys what are you doing up so early",Danny floated over to Tyrick's egg and started examining it"uh,Danny,what are you doing with Tyrick's egg"

"Tyrik! It's good to see you too," Megan said joyously before stopping to think...My luck couldn't be any better, running into a friend already....a friend...it's so nice to have a friend. Her throat caught a snag when she was asked if she could sing.
Megan knew she could sing really well, but the thought of doing it in front of someone else made her body seize up.

"I...I'm uh......well, I'm definitely not the best singer out there," She blushed and took solace in the fact that she wasn't actually lying. Her stomach churned with guilt and hunger, a very acidic, sharp burning sensation. I need to eat now! Megan was thinking of a way she could help her friend out. Lost in thought, she was quiet for awhile.

Lamar the mudkip was still fast asleep in the purple satchel, snoring and croaking with every breath.

"I have an idea! Do you know anyone taking Showcase 101? Maybe they can sing to your egg. Or you could take it to the talent show performance...if it hasn't hatched by then I mean." Megan laughed awkwardly at the sound of her stomach growling. "Let's eat before anything else! I hear the dining hall is buffet style. This early, we'll probably have first choice of everything!"

Tyrick edged a half step away from Danny, unknowingly moving that same distance closer to Megan as he tensed up in surprise. His hands found the straps of his satchel to clutch them protectively, before realizing that he was being rude both to Ty's Pokemon, and his two friends as he got a hold of himself. "Whew. I'm so sorry. This little guy startled me." He chuckled, easing out of his nerves and into actual amusement at the situation. "That's actually a great idea Megan, and good morning, Ty, glad to see you up. You're right about another thing: food sounds great right now." He hummed, stomach growling in agreement.

"hehe,sorry about Danny"Ty's stomach growled"and food is probably best,I haven't ate since yesterday morning,so anybody know where the dining hall is,hehe"Ty smiled cluelessly as he picked up Luna and nuzzled her close"Luna started acting kinda shy since this morning"

(OOC: Sorry for the late response times, busy weekend at work.)

Megan started walking off towards the nearest dining hall and motioned for her friends to follow. Like the lobby and the cabins, the dining hall was spectacularly ornate. White tablecloths, crystal chandeliers, royal blue drapes, potted plants, a buffet that cut the entire room straight down the middle.

"Looks like we're the first ones here..." Megan scanned the room as she stepped up to the buffet and grabbed a plate. "W-What...is all of this?"

Although there were special plates with food native to Solitude, most of the breakfast being provided was relatively exotic.

Jayloc woke up and went straight to the bath room to brush his teeth and take a quick shower. He put on his clothes and found his Miltank awake. "Miltaaaaaaaank. Miltank Mil" Jayloc looked at Miltank with concern "What is it this early in the morning?" Then Miltank raised her right hand and point at her open mouth as if saying she's hungry. Jayloc stretched his arms and said with a bored look "Okay. Lets find our way to the cafeteria." After some time they finally found it. As he was going to enter the dining hall he heard and recognized the voices of Ty, Megan and Tyrick. Jayloc stopped and turned to his Miltank. "Sorry Mi but let's be anti social for now. I don't wanna get mixed with them today. Let's wait for the hall to be full then come in. I'm really sorry but please bear with me." He then patted his Miltank and started to walk away.