• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Superpower High School Roleplay: Karma High

Riley and Pamela meeting be like-
onepiececock.png

Actually, referring to dorm placement, Asuna and Pamela is a straight up...Volatile combination. The combination of their powers actually causes bodily harm, which means that logically it is a poor decision to have Asuna and Pamela in the same room for long periods of time.

But there is a room with only 2 girls. So if we shuffled the placement around a bit, taking 1 person from the 4 person dorm, we can turn it so that all three female dorms have 3 people in them, as opposed to the current setup. The question is...Who gets put where?

Just imagine this in speech form during a staff meeting that comes together after Asuna and Pamela screw the fire alarm, burn the eyes of several students, and cause people to be restless for several periods.

I suppose its up to you and @Cmeriwether who gets moved- Asuna or Pamela. On one hand, having Pamela and Kim in the same room is really fucking funny, but on the other, moving Asuna would make it so that Cmeriwether has 2 of their characters in one dorm... so you two can deliberate and I'll change the doc accordingly based on your decision.

I personally think it makes the most sense for Asuna to move, since she hasn't actually been to her dorm yet, so it can be as easy as a retcon to change it.

Last edited:
Well just swap Fuyuko Redtail (Eighteen) with Asuna (Fifteen)
And then take someone from Dorm 16 and put them in 18.
I would choose Gwen for that because her bubbles wouldn't react with the smoke in a negative way, and plus she hasn't actually gone into a dorm yet, so the swap would operate smoothly. Same applies with Asuna.

But we could also just have Asuna swap with anybody from Dorm 16, with no other swaps, but it would be harder because everyone together in Dorm 16 has reached dorm 16. So the details would actually have to be hashed out in RP (Minus the already mentioned path of Gwen)
GIRLS:
Dorm 15:

Pamela Oswald (Siren)
Asuna Ryugetsu (Chimera)
Kimiko Takahashi (Chimera)
-Empty-

Dorm 16:
Riley Deimi (Pegasus)
Gwen Kendra (Siren)
Ffion Drake (Chimera)
Melanie Redtail (Pegasus)

Dorm 18:
Nera Vasquez (Siren)
Fuyuko Redtail (Chimera)
-Empty-
-Empty-
But what do @Gold The Dragonite and @Cmeriwether think?

Last edited by a moderator:

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
WHEW. Fifi's gonna have to work harder!
Fifi boutta take the role of “babysitter” as the person closest to child sized. Except she actually is totally into the chaos caused and just tries to talk their way out of trouble lmao

Anyway my plan is for her to grow from “acts friendly to get ahead while keeping a safe emotional distance, maybe I’ll be able to genuinely tolerate a couple folks” to “damn some people actually like me, where has this been all my life” to being super loyal and defensive of new friends. Overcoming an inferiority complex let’s gooooo!

This is what I missed about Roleplay;

I thought I had a clear idea what was going to happen; Pamela would be friends with this person, this person, and this person. Pamela will be in love with this person. Done.

No! That didn't happen! We have Pamela now potentially having a heavy hand in the redemption ark of an edgy princess, a minor hand in the growth of a short fish, and for sure having more potential friends than I originally thought.

I don't even know whether or not she'll chase after Fifi, or if she might get too involved with Kim (Even though she's straight as a board), or maybe she'll find herself having another prospect falling for her, instead!

Man, unpredictability is the best!

Riley's character arc will probably be chilling the fuck out. Maybe she'll grow alongside Pamela as the two grow closer as friends... or perhaps more if she just never realizes Melanie is into her lmao.

Nera's character arc would definitely be opening up to people- and learning about them through conversation rather than sifting through their mind.

And as for Tsugikuni? Uhhh, idk, maybe his is more spoiler-y, but I'll tell you if you really wanna know.

Mmm, but I think the idea of moving Gwen is sound so we can change out a few things pretty simply- seems like the best course of action in general, I think.

=Nightshade=

This is what I missed about Roleplay;

I thought I had a clear idea what was going to happen; Pamela would be friends with this person, this person, and this person. Pamela will be in love with this person. Done.

No! That didn't happen! We have Pamela now potentially having a heavy hand in the redemption ark of an edgy princess, a minor hand in the growth of a short fish, and for sure having more potential friends than I originally thought.

I don't even know whether or not she'll chase after Fifi, or if she might get too involved with Kim (Even though she's straight as a board), or maybe she'll find herself having another prospect falling for her, instead!

Man, unpredictability is the best!
CHAOSSSS

This site has been quiet for a while and I was sad, but this kind of RP is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for lol, and people seem so engaged and it makes this place feel alive again ✨

Regarding dorms, I'm having some trouble visualizing what we're working with. Are we going for 1)

1687820795667.png

Where it's 4 beds in one room, a kitchen, and a bathroom, all joined by a small passageway? The posts thus far have referred to this style, I think.

Or, are we going for 2)

1687820906640.png

Where it's 4 separate rooms of this style, bathroom in each room (or one shared one), and kitchen?

I definitely see the merits of that 1st arrangement; it would make for much more intimate character bonding.

Otherwise, I'm sure the more introverted characters would easily spend all their time inside their rooms, and maybe interact with someone if they cross them in the kitchen or smthn lol

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Perfectly fine with Gwen moving dorms. Speaking of Gwen moving, I'd like to change her to Gryphon house, since I'm giving her the ability to be able to change the visocity of fluids via contact, allowing her bubbles to act more like barriers.

Name: Joshua Reed

Gender/Pronouns: Male (he/him)

Sexuality: Straight, very oblivious to feelings

Height: 5'8

Appearance: Josh has a dark skin tone, and his hair is in short, black dreadlocks. He has dark blue eyes and a somewhat athletic build. He wears casual clothing, often seen in colorful t-shirts featuring bands he enjoys listening to. On his back, six large, ethereal blue feathers float behind him (think Traveler's wings from Genshin against the Unknown God) emitting a soft glow.
Very simple picrew because why not:
1706331_sCSVT5X9.png
Picrew

Personality: Josh is a naturally friendly and talkative individual, always wearing a warm smile and eager to connect with others. His innocent and trusting nature often gives him an air of naivety, making him appear oblivious at times. Josh has infectious enthusiasm, making him occasionally prone to being a bit loud, reflecting his energetic and easily excited nature.

Backstory/History: Josh grew up in a vibrant neighbourhood, driven by music that had a sense of community. From a young age, he was surrounded by the lively rhythms and melodies that filled the streets, exposed to various genres and instruments, and grew affectionate for the trumpet his sister had bought him. A few days after his sister had left for college, he found blue wisps materializing around him, glowing brighter in the presence of music, further developing his passion. Over the course of a few months, they developed into the shape of wings that responded with sound. Josh soon starts at Karma High, excited to meet new people and their powers.

Powers:

Echo Wings

Josh is able to manifest six large, ethereal blue feathers, which he's named the Echo Wings. They're powered by sound; they passively replicate soundwaves around them, storing them within the feathers and shown by its glow. Josh can then 'echo' these soundwaves, with the ability to distort and amplify them. He can use these amplified soundwaves to propel himself into the air, fly, and create shockwaves. The Echo Wings' power strengthens in louder environments, allowing Josh to fly faster and create stronger shockwaves, and weakens in quieter or silent ones.

Dislikes: silence, tension, negativity

Relationships: Josh is very close to both of his parents and the community he grew up in. He hasn't seen or heard from his older sister since she left for college.

Other: Josh knows how to play a few instruments, his favourite being his trumpet. He keeps it with him at all times and loves to play it, sometimes waking the sleeping dogs in the neighbourhood.

House: Pegasus

Also bio because I got bored

Last edited:
Mmmm- so I've definitely been running it in the scheme of 2 myself, but yeah, 1 is really good. I'm thinking the "room space" is open and conducive to the rest of the dorm- but there are two of them (probably with a curtain or something to be a somewhat barrier for changing purposes), with two beds in either. If that makes sense.

I got it; so two beds either side of the room with a curtain between them? If so, I'll run with that from now on!

Mhm! Riley styled part of her side of the room after her preferences- though she left room for others to customize :>

But yeah. I'm really happy with the amount of traction this rp is getting. Very classic and nostalgic feeling to when I was a lot younger and inexperienced... but now I have Google Docs, which means I'm extremely powerful >:)

Okay, so move Gwen to Dorm 18, Asuna to Dorm 18, and Fuyuko to Dorm 15?

I ONLY HAVE, WHAT, 3???

okay that is a few BUT! CONSIDER! BEST GIRL.

mmmm but if you made someone like her I could also date her... so that's actually a good thing...
Okay just for you Mr. Mud! One Bona Fide, Perfect Bernie 2 coming up!
Name: Isolde Barley
Gender/Pronouns: Feminine (She/They)
Sexuality: Bisexual (Though she's too shy to admit to anything Romantic)
Height: 4'10
Appearance (pictures can also be used):

generated image

Personality; A shy girl who can't maintain conversation with people she's just met, and is constantly afraid of persecution. She can't handle the stares of people, and freezes up whenever someone approaches her. She usually won't talk to someone, and when she does, she stutters a bit. If she can speak to you without stuttering, know that she thinks highly of you and considers you a close friend. Even when someone is only looking out for her or complimenting her, she will usually take it as hostility. She ends up spending most of her time in her room as a result. She also has very low self esteem, not appreciating her own talents.
Backstory/History: She is constantly second guessing herself because she has a father who gaslights her all the time. Other than his horrible attitude and quick temper, Isolde had a normal childhood until she manifested. Then she naturally grew to distrust people because of this power.
Powers:
Yellow Justice: Her yellow eye can see through objects she chooses and concealment (i.e Powers that conceal or change one's regular appearance, and lies)
Blue Righteousness: Her blue eye can sense malicious or evil intent (Such as if someone wanted to punch her, she would know the moment they commit to the idea)
Likes: Truthfulness, Silence, Lollipops, Plants, Warmth, Naivete
Dislikes: Personal Space Invasion, Being disturbed, Public speaking, Insults
Relationships: Mother (Zelda Barley)
Other: She has the activity of a sleeping dog
House: Siren

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted! She hath stolen mine heart... now all I need to figure out is which one of my characters to get with her lmao. What dorm u want her in?
Obviously the near empty Dorm 18. Which won't be empty after everyone switches. Poor Isolde!

And it's gonna have to be somebody brave enough to confess because she sure as H-E-(Double Hockey Sticks) ain't gonna do it.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Had an idea for a second character, who is probably the polar opposite of the very active and extroverted Carter. Oh yeah, and he'd probably fit in most with the House of Gryphon

Name: Vincent Alckemye

Gender/Pronouns: Male/Masculine

Sexuality: Straight

Height: 10" (exclusively because of Potbelly)

Appearance: Vincent appears as one big, vase-shaped guy - his caucasian body and bottom half of his face connecting to the top half of his head to one another like a lid on a pot, his neck being gone altogether. Atop his lid-like half-head, there sits a single, large tuft of light-brown hair, pairing well with his black, beady eyes and a lack of a nose. This makes what would be a large, imposing hulking beast turn into a goofy-looking giant instead.

With his incredibly enormous size, it was very difficult for Vincent to find anything worth fitting. So, he typically just tends to go around wearing nothing but one large, red vest and white shorts, like some kind of obese humpty-dumpty. And yet still, despite this look, it still saddens him to see some people just start stumbling and stuttering at his sight, despite his best attempts at trying to come off as non-threatening as he could.

Personality: Despite his gigantic, wide physique, Vincent is actually pretty gentle once someone actually manages to get past their fears and gets to know him. He may love to stuff pretty much whatever he can have down his body but really, what safer place is there to stash away something than the very organ you were born with to help you with exactly that?

With how many people tend to back away from him though, he’s gotten used to sticking only by the side of friends and family, not wanting to go near strangers out of fear of making them back away. Unfortunately for this big guy, he was gonna have to get used to being around strangers from now on, even if some may not.. have the best reactions.

Backstory/History: TBD (Most noteworthy stuff is already scattered in this bio)

Powers:
Potbelly - Vincent is, quite literally, built like a pot. However, he is not as frail as one. In fact, his durability, strength and endurance/stamina is quite high, in order to keep what he's stuffed in himself within his storage area. His speed however.. it's definitely a bit lacking. This power is only his physiology, the other two are the result of this initial one. Due to being built like a large pot, Vincent’s body has also taken quite the growth boost to fit this nature.

Magic Stomach - Vince’s Potbelly allows him to perform one of two things - first, it allows him to both store any kind of object in a special organ, where it is shrunk down on entry through his mouth opening and regrown to original size upon exiting. Vincent can even use a vacuuming/repelling breath to both draw in further away objects and/or expel one at a faster velocity, or multiple at the same time. Second, this special organ can also be used to craft, transmute and basically create anything, just as long as he knows what he’s making and provided he’s got the materials/ingredients stashed away within himself. Vince can also stuff lifeforms within himself, provided he gets his grasp on them long enough. While one is trapped within this organ, they’re rendered essentially unconscious and immobile, but can neither starve, bleed out or generally grow into worse condition overtime. They can still think however, with Vince being able to telepathically speak to those within him - and them with him.

Gluttony - Befitting his nature, Vincent not only loves to stuff his gullet with what he can find and stock up on whatever he’s allowed to shove in there, but can also benefit highly from it. When swallowing things such as energy and elements, Vince can convert them into attacks by breathing them out like a dragon does with flames, converting say, a stash of water into a full-on Hydro Pump, narcotic medicine turning into sleeping gas, etc. Now, aiming these attacks however.. that's a different story.

Likes: Storing things, having friends, eating, creating things, helping out.

Dislikes: Being mocked/teased, seeing animals and/or people be scared of him, judgmental/heavily opinionated people.

Relationships: Vince had gotten used to living in an Orphanage from birth after being given away for his grotesque physique. Everyone there eventually got used to him, though he never did find other parents who would take him in.

Other: His very first best friend was the Orphanage’s support dog named ‘Barker’ who, incidentally, was also the first creature not just backing away from Vince, but was also willing to approach and even interact with the rounded titan. Back in the day, he always loved to spend time napping under a tree with the Sleeping Dog in his lap. Unfortunately, the dog was already quite old and did not live to see Vincent get into Karma High

Last edited:
Had an idea for a second character, who is probably the polar opposite of the very active and extroverted Carter. Oh yeah, and he'd probably fit in most with the House of Gryphon

Name: Vincent Alckemye

Gender/Pronouns: Male/Masculine

Sexuality: Straight

Height: 10" (exclusively because of Potbelly)

Appearance: Vincent appears as one big, vase-shaped guy - his caucasian body and bottom half of his face connecting to the top half of his head to one another like a lid on a pot, his neck being gone altogether. Atop his lid-like half-head, there sits a single, large tuft of light-brown hair, pairing well with his black, beady eyes and a lack of a nose. This makes what would be a large, imposing hulking beast turn into a goofy-looking giant instead.

With his incredibly enormous size, it was very difficult for Vincent to find anything worth fitting. So, he typically just tends to go around wearing nothing but one large, red vest and white shorts, like some kind of obese humpty-dumpty. And yet still, despite this look, it still saddens him to see some people just start stumbling and stuttering at his sight, despite his best attempts at trying to come off as non-threatening as he could.

Personality: Despite his gigantic, wide physique, Vincent is actually pretty gentle once someone actually manages to get past their fears and gets to know him. He may love to stuff pretty much whatever he can have down his body but really, what safer place is there to stash away something than the very organ you were born with to help you with exactly that?

With how many people tend to back away from him though, he’s gotten used to sticking only by the side of friends and family, not wanting to go near strangers out of fear of making them back away. Unfortunately for this big guy, he was gonna have to get used to being around strangers from now on, even if some may not.. have the best reactions.

Backstory/History: TBD (Most noteworthy stuff is already scattered in this bio)

Powers:
Potbelly - Vincent is, quite literally, built like a pot. However, he is not as frail as one. In fact, his durability, strength and endurance/stamina is quite high, in order to keep what he's stuffed in himself within his storage area. His speed however.. it's definitely a bit lacking. This power is only his physiology, the other two are the result of this initial one. Due to being built like a large pot, Vincent’s body has also taken quite the growth boost to fit this nature.

Magic Stomach - Vince’s Potbelly allows him to perform one of two things - first, it allows him to both store any kind of object in a special organ, where it is shrunk down on entry through his mouth opening and regrown to original size upon exiting. Vincent can even use a vacuuming/repelling breath to both draw in further away objects and/or expel one at a faster velocity, or multiple at the same time. This special organ can also be used to craft, transmute and basically create anything, just as long as he knows what he’s making and provided he’s got the materials/ingredients stashed away within himself. Vince can also stuff lifeforms within himself, provided he gets his grasp on them long enough. While one is trapped within this organ, they’re rendered essentially unconscious and immobile, but can neither starve, bleed out or generally grow into worse condition overtime. They can still think however, with Vince being able to telepathically speak to those within him - and them with him.

Gluttony - Befitting his nature, Vincent not only loves to stuff his gullet with what he can find and stock up on whatever he’s allowed to shove in there, but can also benefit highly from it. When swallowing things such as energy and elements, Vince can convert them into attacks by breathing them out like a dragon does with flames, converting say, a stash of water into a full-on Hydro Pump, narcotic medicine turning into sleeping gas, etc. Now, aiming these attacks however.. that's a different story.

Likes: Storing things, having friends, eating, creating things, helping out.

Dislikes: Being mocked/teased, seeing animals and/or people be scared of him, judgmental/heavily opinionated people.

Relationships: Vince had gotten used to living in an Orphanage from birth after being given away for his grotesque physique. Everyone there eventually got used to him, though he never did find other parents who would take him in.

Other: His very first best friend was the Orphanage’s support dog named ‘Barker’ who, incidentally, was also the first creature not just backing away from Vince, but was also willing to approach and even interact with the rounded titan. Back in the day, he always loved to spend time napping under a tree with the Sleeping Dog in his lap. Unfortunately, the dog was already quite old and did not live to see Vincent get into Karma High
He seems like a good opponent for Fuyuko's Spirit Dragon Takeover.

=Nightshade=

Name: Jaime Allen
Gender/Pronouns: Male; he/him
Sexuality: Gay
Height: 5’11
Appearance: Skinny but lithe. Not terribly muscular, but athletic enough.
IMG_5349.png

Personality: Nihilistic and unforgiving, crossing Jaime will mark you on his shitlist for a long while. But be a decent human being, and he’ll respond more or less in kind, if a little rough around the edges. He doesn’t trust easily, but he’s a lot more tolerant and understanding than anyone could expect from meeting him once. If you can tolerate his unintentionally aggravating personality, and he takes a liking to you, he’ll choke out your enemies while you sleep.

Backstory/History: Born to a devoutly Christian family, Jaime’s parents received a rude awakening when the five-year-old approached them with the rather disturbing news of a voice in his head. As he grew older, his appearance changed further; while other boys his age had voice cracks and bad acne, he grew eyes in odd places and found his skin cracking.

His parents grew more disapproving of their son by the day, especially when he was compared to his older sister, who conformed well to their expectations. Berated day by day and having to balance lectures from his family and the calm advice of the demon in his mind, Jaime found his acceptance letter a great relief as a chance for an escape from a stifling home life.

Powers:
Fiend: Jaime’s body is shared by a cat demon he calls Mau, which he can communicate with telepathically. Mau can manifest as up to six cat-shaped smokelike devils that have to stay attached to Jaime’s body, but they aren’t adept at attacking. Rather, they excel at absorbing and dissipating impact, or being used as extra limbs for grappling or parkour. Having another mind inside his body, able to control these smoky felines, has its set of advantages and disadvantages alike; while he’s much more aware of his surroundings, Jaime also has to deal with an evil cat in his brain 24/7.

Demon’s Time: When Jaime bites himself hard enough to draw blood, time slows to a crawl. Time remains in this slowed state for him until any amount of his blood falls and impacts a surface. While in this state, everything seems to be moving in slow-motion, including Jaime himself, but his senses work as though time was moving normally, allowing him to survey and perceive his surroundings at seemingly superhuman speeds.

Likes: Being entertained, good Mediterranean food, watching sports, running, parkour, math
Dislikes: Essentially everything else
Relationships: Mother, father, older sister. An estranged best friend from back home in Cuba.
Other: He would stop to pet a sleeping dog (((:
House: Pegasus

Last edited: