• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So Astral, will you still be moderating the Nidoqueen? I'd be okay with you passing it completely onto me so you can moderate the Nidoking with Shade.

Last edited:
ok I will start the multi post and I guess I will be doing most the of the battles from now on that trainers aren't handling themselves. Pen you and Nova can keep grading me.

Speaking of which, I haven't seen an update on Floyd's situation in awhile o-o I hope he's okay. Unless I missed a post somewhere down the line, he left off surviving those spider pokemon, right?

heh your the pokemon master I am just the novice using bulbapidea :'|
Aww don't be like that, you're an awesome ST!

Oh, and something just occurred to me; will the wild Pokemon also be restricted to only four moves? Or are you going to give us an uphill battle by allowing them to use their full arsenal on us? XD

Personally I think I am going to make the 4 move restriction an Ic plot thing on the trainers maybe some kind of inhibitor chip as explanation. the wild pokemon are not limited, nor are the enemy npcs unless they choose to do so.

Mina uses cute attack on Damien, it's super effective

well they are bad guys :p
It got me thinking on the end of the roleplay, though. Clearly Team Rocket isn't going to make good on their promise and just let them go after the week goes by. They know too much. What are we supposed to really do?

It came across my mind that breaking out and alerting the island authorities are an option, if they're not involved in this already that is, but then who would believe them? Simply breaking out might be viable, and maybe finding a cure for the virus to thwart Rocket's plans, (Dr Aidinia would really be useful here) and possibly destroying the lab (if it's somewhere in the forest) to make sure they never try it again. Possibly killing the scientist guy.

But what did you have in mind, Astral?

Hmmm...
Should June use this opportunity to blackmail Lin?
Or maybe she'll do it and Lin will be thankful, and lend them a hand anyways, plus the two did save them earlier...Tough decision. But I'mma let others post first, since I have other posts to make anyways.

Good point I did not describe the geography well enough. It definatly had beaches and some rocky coast.
Two mountains in the center possibly once volcanic. Lots of jungle some lakes and rivers and one desert.
Then what the hell are Nidoking and Nidoqueen even doing on the island? XD They live in hot savannahs and plains. I think Team Rocket may have given an easy victory to Shade and Cassie on this one. They're completely out of their element, it's a wonder they hadn't been devoured by other Pokemon yet.

I'm not complaining, of course. It's a nice warm up. :D I'll have fun exploiting this minor oversight.

heh you had me on that knowledge didn't think about there environment affinity just remembered they where ground and poison

Although you two could be close to the jungle edge and a boarding savanna or desert

heh you had me on that knowledge didn't think about there environment affinity just remembered they where ground and poison

Although you two could be close to the jungle edge and a boarding savanna or desert
Haha, that's fine. I'll just assume this island holds multiple environments than just jungle. But still, Cassie is going to use the fact that there even is a jungle to her advantage.

no need to assume it is multiple environs just a large jungle
But then we'd have a problem. Jungle environments wouldn't have deserts because they receive high amounts of rainfall, which would make a dry environment impossible. A savannah would be probable at higher altitudes, but probably not a desert. Maybe a lava bed at most since you mentioned the mountains being volcanic once.

Ok you got me on the technical if we go real world with this hmm yea maybe a lava bed

Oh btw there is one piece of terrain that no one has encountered yet but may. A rocky wasteland, no plant life just dark pokemon and the area has a dark energy vibe. Maybe some ghost too not sure yet

Ok you got me on the technical if we go real world with this hmm yea maybe a lava bed

Oh btw there is one piece of terrain that no one has encountered yet but may. A rocky wasteland, no plant life just dark pokemon and the area has a dark energy vibe. Maybe some ghost too not sure yet
Well we can apply real world and pokemon world since this is the pokemon world technically and we know they can create artificial environments for gyms/stadiums so who's to say a little bit of that isn't sprinkled here and there

A rocky wasteland, no plant life just dark pokemon and the area has a dark energy vibe.
Well that would certainly be attractive to Cassie. XD

If you really want a desert-like environment though, it would be possible to have a sand dune environment. It's not as hot or dry, but just as sandy. :p

Last edited:
Ok, lets see if I can make an acceptable suggestion for the island.

How about you imagine a relatively large island which has an huge meteor impact crater from ancient times. This creates a ring'ish of mountains some of which can be high enough to have some snow. outside there are more grassy safari lands, while In the crater itself a lot of moist gathers. Enough to support a jungle on the much warmer volcanic ground beneath. Over time one or more volcanic mounts could have erupted near one side of the ring's edge. That area could be a lot darker and more barren. Outside the crater edge, and surrounding the rest of the island as well are beaches all along the coast and on the far side of the island people had decided to build a fancy resort.

I'm just sucking things out of my thumb as I go along here :p

How about you imagine a relatively large island which has an huge meteor impact crater from ancient times. This creates a ring'ish of mountains some of which can be high enough to have some snow. outside there are more grassy safari lands, while In the crater itself a lot of moist gathers. Enough to support a jungle on the much warmer volcanic ground beneath. Over time one or more volcanic mounts could have erupted near one side of the ring's edge. That area could be a lot darker and more barren. Outside the crater edge, and surrounding the rest of the island as well are beaches all along the coast and on the far side of the island people had decided to build a fancy resort.

A fancy resort for pokemon murder crazy town :')

Not a bad idea actually but the barren dark zone stays as it is part of the story I would just need to figure where to put it.