• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Dark Tournament
by Pokecharms RP
Album

01 Aidinia Moon
02 Akira Hatimosho
03 Alex Weston
04 Amara Landos
05 Cassandra Michaels
06 Damian Salvator
07 Delilah Jones
08 Dr. Nevashi
09 Drake Valentine
10 Efret
11 Floyd Johnstone
12 Gerald Aster
13 Mathew
14 Mysterious Man
15 Salem Archon
16 Willamina Soren Danials the Third

Pokemon 01 Beedrill (Beedrill) *New
Pokemon 02 Blastoise (Ajax) *New [ps: best part starts at 3:00]
Pokemon 03 Liepard (Lady) *New
Pokemon 04 Starmie (Swift) *New
Pokemon 05 Sylveon (Alex) *New

Bonus 01 The Dark Tournament
Bonus 02 Team Rocket
By the way, I think you nailed Lady here.

Its noon here
I may have slept in a tad
Thanks again for the compliments Ny, interesting what you learn when you're trying to make sure you have the details right haha

Also it seems like everyone is converging in one spot or would I be wrong to assume that?
Some are, some aren't. It seems Loz's character (Sorry, I forgot the name :'|) Salem, Cassie, Efret, and possibly Shade are meeting up. However, Gerald and Lin are probably not meeting up with anyone for a while, I have idea what's happening with Floyd and the Ice champion who's name I also can't remember, and finally Damien and Mina have a bear problem.

Also it seems like everyone is converging in one spot or would I be wrong to assume that?

Cassie passed by Salem and Aidinia yes but they haven't met up yet technically. Poor Megan is an NPC and not even a Pokemon trainer. I fear she may just be a sacrifice that Astral plans to torment Aidinia and me with. And Efret is a bit of loose canon at the moment who's not making a lot of sense and not replying to comments.

If you find your way to a river you might see a trainer and his Hyena float by if you're looking to expand your group. Gotta catch 'em all, right?

Last edited:
Btw, I'm still looking for songs I can assign Orion, June, Anubis, Eclare, and Crystal. I just need to get a better feel for their personalities. Unfortunately being what they are isn't making it any easier for all by Crystal, and with that I mean they're not Gen1 Pokemon so I don't know anything about them. But we'll get there.

I'll try really hard to work on some post later. Haven't slept since getting off work and wife and I decided to do our 3 year relationship anniversary early

upload_2016-8-6_13-56-9.png

By the way, this is the direction they ended up taking, I felt like I should add a visual representation because the words just didnt convey it when I re read it

Now do the rest of the island :p

Nah I'm kidding. It's usually easier to move people when you don't have an exact map of where everyone is.

Hey Astral, been looking through the story entries a bit and can I request you structure your entries a bit more with comma's in sentences and maybe some enters between lines, for an easier time reading?

Depends, can you write well? I think by now what we're doing is more collaborative story telling than just playing a character.

The very first post in this thread asks that players be at least 18 years of age. According to your profile you're missing that by about 5 years.

I vary in detail depending on rp but I do make some mistakes on grammar. Point me out on those errors and I shall almost likely, if not definitely fix them.

I especially like writing about horror and dark themes explored through that genre.

Personally I would like to see anybody that joins to adopt a decent amount of details when constructing their entries.

But it's not my call OmegaCarvineplays, you'll have to wait for Astralkitsune to wake up.

In the meantime, have you been enjoying the story so far? What were highlights for you?

At this point I would like to see good solid bios and some meaty backgrounds for new players to join.

As for the your post Ny sorry dude commas are my kyriptonite

Here's my character proposal. Enjoy! (Bows and giggles XD)

Name: Jasper Heart
Appearance: White hair due to contracting Marie Antoinette Syndrome after being caught by Team Galactic (If you don't know what the syndrome is I'll tell you now. Long story short, it is caused when the pigment in a persons hair dies after being exposed to severe torture and/or abuse. It is named after a French Queen imprisoned for some reason I can't remember.) Striking purple eyes with flecks of sea green. 6'1" and very athletic. A sinister and uneasy aura seems to emanate from him. Multiple scars and burns are concealed by his clothes
Clothes: Black Jeans stick to his legs down to below his ankles. Grey socks made for hiking and Black worn down sneakers/trainers with white laces hacked with a knife to make smaller. A shirt that is nearly black from soot and mud and all other debris imaginable. It is covered by a Black hoodie ripped and sun-bleached in many places. A black backpack hangs over his shoulders, held together by navy blue bungee cords as the straps have broken. Inside he has a variety of berries and cooking utensils, cooking being his new found skill. A map of every region is concealed within a pocket and a dawn stone is wrapped in a reaper cloth, a memento he received when he left his adopted family of ghost types. He never actually earned money, just living off nature and rewards from rangers for helping them. The reward for this tournament was too enticing, even for a person who lacked most social skills.
Background: Not knowing what civilisation was until he was 15 he has limited vocabulary. He was raised by ghost type Pokemon for most of his life and is considered half wild. He grew up with Nyx the litwick who he caught after being introduced to the outside world by a Pokemon ranger. He worked as an unofficial Pokemon ranger with his partner Nyx. He was captured by Team Galactic after being seen as a useful tool for controlling Ghost type Pokemon to arm their ranks.
Pokemon: Nyx the Chandelure
Moves: Fire Blast, Solar Beam, Confuse Ray, Hex

Last edited:
Are we assuming pokemon have a higher pain tolerance and faster than human healing, I was thinking about that for these fights and while im not saying they have Wolverine class healing(superhero with crazy healing for those not acquainted) minor cuts and bruises would be gone in a days time or so? I just felt like that would kind of make sense for them because when they arent in dire situations they're literally shooting fire at one another or fighting until they pass out

White haired men unite! We shall teach the world about the power of smiling!

Good entry Mega. I really felt for Orion when he became so emotional over the thought of letting others down. Beautiful, character defining moment there.
Thank you haha, I hope it wasn't too hard to make out, I went back just now and corrected any accidental typos, I feel like I could have gone forever without picturing a Lucario crying though, that made me sad :(

As shade washed up on shore much further down stream, his unconscious body was pulled out of the river and into a nearby cave. Dr. Nevashi stared at the young man laying on the stone before him. He sighed, "Well when you say out loud you would give anything for a hot young, half naked man right now, I certainly never expected to be answered." The Dr. Immediately began to examine the young man making note of each injury and what to treat first. Again he spoke outloud, "Severe laceration of the supra-left trapezius muscle. Just who did you insult my young friend.?" He continued, "Hmm adema around the site, discolored epidermis, bradycardia, shallow respiration, muscular deterioration. You my friend have been poisoned by a Nidoking." He pulled a single pokeball off his belt, "ok Kiwi come out this young man needs our help." A red light flashed and a Togepi materialized. "Togepriii" Dr. Nevashi smiled, "ok Kiwi first use heal bell so we can fix that nasty venom, and then follow it up with wish." Kiwi nodded, "Togepriii.." it said in a cute voice and then it's shell vibrated and a clear bell like tone rang out. Shade's skin pallor immediately began to strengthen and his breathing quickly stabilized. "Togeprii..." Togepi wadeld over and kissed Shade on the cheek as it shell began to glow and reflect a rainbow light off the walls. Shade's shoulder wound knitted itself up and closed. Dr. Nevashi smiled and picked up Kiwi in a hug, "great job Kiwi."

latest

I just want to point out that I absolutely loved this scene. Nevashi is such a cool colorful character, and Astral, you did a fantastic job here making him seem every bit as capable a pokedoctor as we expected him to be. The fact he has a Togepi of all Pokemon is just perfect, and it's name is Kiwi! How awesome is that? Brilliant scene, I absolutely love it.

I just want to point out that I absolutely loved this scene. Nevashi is such a cool colorful character, and Astral, you did a fantastic job here making him seem every bit as capable a pokedoctor as we expected him to be. The fact he has a Togepi of all Pokemon is just perfect, and it's name is Kiwi! How awesome is that? Brilliant scene, I absolutely love it.
I have to agree. I just love the variation in this rp. :p

Oh god, I have some catching up to do...

First of all, I'm incredibly sorry for not posting these past few days. I'm in the middle of moving house with my family so it's kinda hard to find Wi-Fi at the moment.

Secondly, I won't be able to post at all tomorrow cause I'm hopping on a plane to Queensland. However, after that, I should be able to write up a thing or two.

Also, I'm on a phone right now so please excuse any spelling errors that might occur.