• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh god, I have some catching up to do...
Don't worry about a thing Nova. I'm so glad to see you haven't left us. I missed you buddy.
You can catch up easily enough. A lot of things have happened to different characters in various places but it's not like you're behind or anything.

Oh and good luck with the move. I know how hectic these things can be. I personally moved house 8 times before I was 12 years old :p (Note: I don't recommend doing that to a child, nothing good will come of it.)

Mathew calmly flicked the poki stick with deadly accuracy right between the rats eyes. The rodent convulsed and died.
By the gods, Cassie don't fight him! Anyone that can accurately throw a Poki stick, let alone actually harm and even kill something with it is and a monster in human skin. Just run, run away now!

By the gods, Cassie don't fight him! Anyone that can accurately throw a Poki stick, let alone actually harm and even kill something with it is and a monster in human skin. Just run, run away now!
Hehe, Cassie would just 'nope' her way out of there. Or are you just eager to have Cassie meet Salem again? ;)

There are some things in the post I'm working out with Astral first before I can respond with anything though. Hopefully she'll come back on.

I've been wondering, instead of going back and adding story parts by editing previous entries, why not just make a new post that we all get a notification for then. If you hadn't added that large Togepi image before I totally would have missed the part about Dr. Nevashi and scrolled right past it.

wow, I completely missed that there were trainer corpses around the Venusaur. Did you edit those in later Astral? Otherwise I must have completely read over them.

Ye I checked back up and it was in the post, but you have a habit of editing posts afterwards, so I don't know if I just missed, or if you maybe added it in later. Regardless, it's not too big a deal, I can still comment on it after things settle down.

wow, I completely missed that there were trainer corpses around the Venusaur. Did you edit those in later Astral? Otherwise I must have completely read over them.
She did mention that, Ny. Because I recall assuming that a trainer had tried to either protect Megan but failed and ended up dying, and now his Hitmonlee is released. You must've overlooked it.

Also, thank you Astral! :)

Mathew said:
I'll use just one pokemon against yours and I'll even limit myself to four moves. You win, I tell you what I know. I win, you join Team Rocket and then I will tell you what I know.
Okay I have a question based on this. What's the real deal with the 4 moves limitation? Do trainers actually teach and somehow take away move sets for a Pokemon at will? Or is it more like they were asked to just limit themselves to using only 4 moves during this particular tournament? But if that is the case what's preventing anyone from using all the movies his/her Pokemon knows now that it seems to be a survival death game?

I just can't seem to make any sense of it from a narrative point of view.

It is an inhibitor chip TR installed in your pokemon via deep injection on the spinal cord that affects their brain and nerve responses. In essence if they try to use any move not programmed in their. It will stop their nerves from responding to the command. You can RP this as your pokemon looking confused and not knowing why it will not work as they still have the move knowledge

It is an inhibitor chip TR installed in your pokemon via deep injection on the spinal cord that affects their brain and nerve responses. In essence if they try to use any move not programmed in their. It will stop their nerves from responding to the command. You can RP this as your pokemon looking confused and not knowing why it will not work as they still have the move knowledge
Ouch. That is harsh, but effective. Thanks for the clarification though. :p

I seriously hope you have a plan on getting those chips out or getting them to stop functioning at the end of it all, though.

Interesting, though this sounds incredibly invasive. I'm sure no one willingly signed up for this so I assume this was done where everyone had blacked out and was moved to the jungle? But then was it Team Rocket that decided which abilities the Pokemon can still use? Because then I can see trainers calling out moves and not understanding why their pokemon don't know what to do.

Interesting, though this sounds incredibly invasive. I'm sure no one willingly signed up for this so I assume this was done where everyone had blacked out and was moved to the jungle? But then was it Team Rocket that decided which abilities the Pokemon can still use? Because then I can see trainers calling out moves and not understanding why their pokemon don't know what to do.
It was in the rules anyway. In the tournament, you're only allowed four moves. Maybe they had to write the moves down in the check in desks beforehand so that Team Rocket knew what moves the Pokemon had. Kind of like how we wrote it down when we posted our character's biographies in the beginning of this thread.

I don't know. It's late and I'm probably grasping at straws.

Yes it can be reversed. It is very invasive and was done by TR after the knock out. They choose the 4 every trainer signed up for the tournament with. The 4 move limit was in the rules, and was supposed to be enforced in the tournament by judges. Supposedly if a trainer used a move not on their card they would be disqualified. This was on the tourn info you had received. I know I didn't write that up before just make it a backstory thing now

Pfew, there. Another combat resolved. I want to thank all the combat participants for their involvement in this fight. Without all their their help all we could have done was run, and that likely would have cost us lives.

I also want to point out that I asked permission from the others first before taking control of the entire fight and taking liberties with their characters and Pokemon. Nevertheless, I tried to keep my control on them as limited as possible.