• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not knowing the characters abilities or their backgrounds just off of your observations so far I am curious who do y'all think would win.

Hell I would like to see someone compile a list in order from most to least and I'll see how accurate it is >:D

Easy, Mathew would beat Lin. He'd just pokey her to death and she would never see it coming. Besides that I get a sort of pride or sense of honor from Lin, which Mathew would exploit in a confrontation. She may be objectively powerful, but 7 to 8 out of 10 times I'd wager on mathew.

Actually Mathew has more of the twisted sense of honor but both would fight no holds barred to win. Although I agree with you on Mathew I see him winning but Lin seriously hurting him almost every time. Mainly because he has the greater experience

It doesn't matter though, because Salem would beat them both. Lin would underestimate him because of his stupid grin and casual take on things. She wouldn't expect him to make any serious moves.

And Mathew would underestimate the drive behind his moves. How much strength can a drifter really muster, he doesn't even have a cause to fight for, right?

8)

Heh nice though but neither of those two would ever underestimate an opponent. Also lin's senses are way to good for her not to see what Salem is capable of.

Ok nova is the poison in his bloodstream yet or still happening
It's in! Amara is gonna have to get down and dirty and suckle on the many wounds all over his body to try and lessen his exposure. Or feed him something to help his body fight off the toxins.

tumblr_ljb5z2Y03R1qehmh1o1_400.gif

( Don't worry Nova, I got your back bro :\=|: )

Last edited:
Not knowing the characters abilities or their backgrounds just off of your observations so far I am curious who do y'all think would win.

Hell I would like to see someone compile a list in order from most to least and I'll see how accurate it is >:D
Yeah, Mathew. He killed a rat with a pocky stick. Imagine him with an actual weapon and actually trying...

You need some real surprise to successfully take Matthew down. Lin just isn't subtle enough.

He stomped the hateful R into the mud and took a moment to get his facial muscles back under control. He plastered a wide smile on his face and turned to face the others. “Look what I found,” he said cheerfully, placing the fedora on his head. “Good things happen to those who wait for it.”

Oh shiiiii!!! That's some scandalousity right thurr lol

In my native language we call that a 'Kleermakerszit' which, if taken literal, would translate into something like 'clothing maker's sitting position' or 'tailor's sitting position'. In yoga I think it's a lotus form, but don't quote me on that. I think your mother should take pride in that reference rather than offence. Supposedly it's the most comfortable, and balanced position to sit in if you plan to remain seated for long periods of time.

I'll have you know that that's how I always sit on top of my chair at the dinner table. What can I say? I'm a quirky person that never could just sit normally. :p

Oh and on a completely unrelated topic. The view from my bedroom window is a green line of trees marking the edge of a park. We just had a massive hail thunderstorm rage past that coated the street in icicles completely. Lightning flahes, thunder roared, and the hail on the roof tiles was deafening. But it passed and now the sun is rising and those early rays are hitting the green trees full front.

There's no reason for saying all this other than that I just wanted to share the moment. :p

Alright everyone! I'm back for good this time. I don't have to rush things.

I have a secure source of Wi-Fi and my computer is up and running now.

I'm making guesses here but...
In order of the most likely to win in a fist fight to the least likely.

1. Matthew
2. Lin
3. Delilah
4. Salem
5. Shade
6. Amara
7. Gerald
8. Apollo
9. Efret
10. Damian
11. Floyd
12. Nevashi
13. Aidinia
14. Megan
15. Mina

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Okay, I think I actually found a good theme for a major threat Pokemon (ex. The Venusaur).

On another note, I posted! A bit on the shorter side, sorry for taking all day to do it! I got caught up in things, and really couldn't think of anything to type. Being up at late night must activate a creativity gland.

And finally...
Oh and on a completely unrelated topic. The view from my bedroom window is a green line of trees marking the edge of a park. We just had a massive hail thunderstorm rage past that coated the street in icicles completely. Lightning flahes, thunder roared, and the hail on the roof tiles was deafening. But it passed and now the sun is rising and those early rays are hitting the green trees full front.

There's no reason for saying all this other than that I just wanted to share the moment. :p
Haha, I feel you on the storms man. Basically where I live day is fire and night is torrential downpours. I had no idea Groudon and Kyogre were at it again XD

Beautiful description of the sunrise there, too.

I'm making guesses here but...
In order of the most likely to win in a fist fight to the least likely.

1. Matthew
2. Lin
3. Delilah
4. Salem
5. Shade
6. Amara
7. Gerald
8. Apollo
9. Efret
10. Damian
11. Floyd
12. Nevashi
13. Aidinia
14. Megan
15. Mina

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Glad to see you back buddy, you have been missed. Now get to work and save Floyd's ass! I've been talking to several people and everyone is worried and rooting for Floyd! Perhaps he and Amara can stumble upon either Dr. Nevashi and Akira's camp, or Salem, Aidinia, and Megan's. Either one of those have the Pokemon to cure Floyd, and both of them are located at the river, which is, where I think you'd want to be on a Lapras.

About your list. You forgot Cassie :p

I think that while Delilah would certainly fight with more passion she probably wouldn't overpower Salem. Akira (Shade) very well could though, being a military man and all.

My list would probably be: Mathew, Lin, Akira/Salem, Apollo, Delilah, Cassie, Amara, Gerard, Damian, Aidinia, Floyd, Megan, Nevashi, Mina.

Okay, I think I actually found a good theme for a major threat Pokemon (ex. The Venusaur).
Nice find. Especially since there is a moment where the music stops completely, which would work for the moment they thought the Venusaur was down, before it got back up.

Oh and don't worry about the length of your entries. It's all about the content and how that's presented.

I feel as though Damian is low on these lists however i'm partially biased
We don't have much to go on yet, that's all. But Damian is a rising star. A hero in the making so he has to start low in order to climb up the ladder.

Nice find. Especially since there is a moment where the music stops completely, which would work for the moment they thought the Venusaur was down, before it got back up.

Oh and don't worry about the length of your entries. It's all about the content and how that's presented.

We don't have much to go on yet, that's all. But Damian is a rising star. A hero in the making so he has to start low in order to climb up the ladder.
riiiight

Glad to see you back buddy, you have been missed. Now get to work and save Floyd's ass! I've been talking to several people and everyone is worried and rooting for Floyd! Perhaps he and Amara can stumble upon either Dr. Nevashi and Akira's camp, or Salem, Aidinia, and Megan's. Either one of those have the Pokemon to cure Floyd, and both of them are located at the river, which is, where I think you'd want to be on a Lapras.

About your list. You forgot Cassie :p

I think that while Delilah would certainly fight with more passion she probably wouldn't overpower Salem. Akira (Shade) very well could though, being a military man and all.

My list would probably be: Mathew, Lin, Akira/Salem, Apollo, Delilah, Cassie, Amara, Gerard, Damian, Aidinia, Floyd, Megan, Nevashi, Mina.

RAAAGGH! I KNEW IT!

I had Cassie on my list, but when I rearranged a couple of people I deleted her.
I got close though.

Also, I'd like Floyd and Amara to group up with Salem/Aidinia/Megan if possible.
That would be more risky unfortunately, because Salem and Co are already at the end of the first day. It's still possible of course, but that would mean Floyd has to though it out for a whole day at the least. Could be dramatic of course, but Dr. Nevashi would be your best chance of survival. That is, if Amara can't help you herself.

That was the Idea, they could always sleep in the trees like that one scene from the Hunger Games however they don't have equipment and I've yet to read up on how that works but

Depending on what kind of sleeper you are and the kind of tree you find it can be fairly easy or downright impossible. :p
It will leave your painfully stiff afterwards if you're not used to sleeping on hard surfaces, but you also get that lying on a rock or packed dirt. A leaf bed could work, but not likely in a tree without some decent construction plan first. You should Make Mina a bed, or otherwise have her sleep on/up against Damian. She should be spared a solid bed if possible. ;)
Remember, you're ass is toast if she's harmed in any way >:D

Because leaf beds are so easy to make, and hey, he was prepped to shield her from a charging Ursaring with his own body, not that he actually had to, but he would of:p

Leaf beds can range from just a large pile of leaves forked together, to something intricately woven. I meant the former in this example :p

And yes, Damian did good. I'm proud of him so far.

Ok so the only issue I have with you guys grouping up to fast is this is a week of survival. I want to keep the dark feel and larger groups of trainers are going to be able to handle a lot more. Then I will have to massively up the encounters and I did not want it to feel rushed. I wanted it to take a flow like pairs first day then trios then larger groups but new threats.

Of course if you do group up then I can always brutally tear you from each other arms >:D

I wanted it to take a flow like pairs first day then trios then larger groups but new threats.
You do realize that group sizes will ramp exponentially. teams of 2 will become teams of 4 and then 8, with maybe the odd loner running out.

I get your intention though, and it does feel more dangerous when groups are small, but the other side of the coin is that interactions between characters are just as fun, if not more so, than random encounters. There are a bunch of characters I would love to interact with but still haven't even met in game. It would also be a lot of fun to see them group together and try and build a small society amid the chaos. It'll be fun to see what kind of social hierarchy will get established, or if there will be internal strife because of conflicting ideals. We can also start throwing in larger encounters then, like maybe a pair of snorlax, or a whole swarm of Beedrill. I'm sure getting a bigger group doesn't lessen the danger by much, if at all.

And, as a nice bonus, is that aside from just similar survival entries over and over, the group may start to think about how to escape, or at least get back at team rocket. Form a resistance, start a revolution. Delilah will be our MockingBee!

It'll take take time before everyone is assembled in one place, got to know each other and settled in. And then all the rest still needs to happen. We've got material here to fill much more than 7 days.