• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
My dad bought the wrong kind of hay for my rabbit... we got first cutting timothy, which I'm allergic to. We usually buy second cutting orchard because it's mostly seedless and doesn't irritate me, but we accidentally ordered the wrong grass and now the entire apartment is filled with bits and pieces of the irritating stuff. I have to wear one of those surgical mask things whenever I walk out of my room because I feel like I'm dying. Sadly, the mask only covers my face... and now I'm itching all over my body. Fun x-x

I hope the new hay gets here quickly, so I can end this suffering.

So, here's a thought that struck me today while I was typing an e-mail to my older brother (who lives in Denmark), because it's a little annoyance that has bugged me for a long time: "What is the point...of the Insert Key?"

Who put this key on the keyboard? Does anybody ever deliberately press the Insert Key?

I mean, this is the key that you press on accident. You're sat there and you're typing away happily, not a care in the world. But then you look up at the screen...and see that you are typing THROUGH what you were before!!! I can't be the only one who finds this annoying and almost entirely unnecessary. Especially when you happen to be typing a particularly long thing (like an e-mail to a distant relative), only to find that you've been unwittingly playing "Word Pac-Man" through a large wall of text.

It probably has some use that a quick Google Search would educate me on, but I can't see it as anything other than an inconvenience for the number of times I've nudged it mistakenly and then overwritten about half of what I was typing at the time.

Rant over. Thanks for reading (or not, in which case you've saved yourself about a minute or so of your time).

So, for this lab report I've been working on, I've noticed that most of the research into vection (think the train illusion - you're sitting still, a train next to you is moving, you perceive that you are moving) onset latency (delay between being presented with stimulus and perceiving self motion) has been done by this one guy over the past 16 years. He has a name that seemed rather familiar... and I just noticed that he's my freaking lecturer for this subject and is probably going to be marking said lab report.

... Rest in peace, my grades.

Might I just say that oh my actual- I have a freaking zero in one of my classes right now... a six in another... a couple 20s... I thought excused absences weren't supposed to murder your grades!? I was only out for two weeks (yay surgery) and I'm practically welcomed back to school by thiS!? No, thank you!

Someone please help me. ;_;

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Might I just say that oh my actual- I have a freaking zero in one of my classes right now... a six in another... a couple 20s... I thought excused absences weren't supposed to murder your grades!? I was only out for two weeks (yay surgery) and I'm practically welcomed back to school by thiS!? No, thank you!

Someone please help me. ;_;

Maybe just... email your teachers, or talk to them before/after class? If need be, you could also talk to a counselor or something. I know sometimes teachers might put in a filler grade of a zero until you get back to them; other times, it could just be the computer system automatically filling in a zero for late work. Don't know what else to tell you, besides that you really need to communicate with your teachers what happened.

Maybe just... email your teachers, or talk to them before/after class? If need be, you could also talk to a counselor or something. I know sometimes teachers might put in a filler grade of a zero until you get back to them; other times, it could just be the computer system automatically filling in a zero for late work. Don't know what else to tell you, besides that you really need to communicate with your teachers what happened.
Yeah, I have a feeling that they're just filler grades, but it's still insane how they dropped from As and Bs in a matter of two weeks... I've already emailed my counselor about it, so I guess I'll just wait and see what he says.

Thanks, man.

So... I should be mad. Some random person in California seems to have somehow obtained my bank details and has been spending it up. Normally this wouldn't be a problem as I am a broke ass uni student but this had to happen at the one time where I did have a reasonable amount of money. So they spent $150, and, I should be mad but...

How the fuck do you spend $150 at freaking KFC? Why? Who goes to the effort of stealing someone's bank details and then spends it at KFC? Why would you want that much cheap junk food in one sitting? How many people were you buying for? ... I'm so confused.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
So... I should be mad. Some random person in California seems to have somehow obtained my bank details and has been spending it up. Normally this wouldn't be a problem as I am a broke ass uni student but this had to happen at the one time where I did have a reasonable amount of money. So they spent $150, and, I should be mad but...

How the fuck do you spend $150 at freaking KFC? Why? Who goes to the effort of stealing someone's bank details and then spends it at KFC? Why would you want that much cheap junk food in one sitting? How many people were you buying for? ... I'm so confused.

I dunno, I'd be ready to cause bodily harm to someone if they squandered my money treating everyone they knew to KFC. I assume you've already been in contact with your bank to fix the situation and hopefully get reimbursed?

I dunno, I'd be ready to cause bodily harm to someone if they squandered my money treating everyone they knew to KFC. I assume you've already been in contact with your bank to fix the situation and hopefully get reimbursed?

It just seems like the oddest thing to use someone else's money for. I'd have to be an idiot to not sort it out with them asap, so yeah it's all good.

Every year, a little over a week after New Year's, we always take down the Christmas decorations down slowly, day by day, and we let all the Christmas candy and cookies last for as long as we can, all for the purpose of preserving and maintaining that Christmas spirit and allowing the feeling of winter break to stay for a little while longer.

This year, the decorations were gone so fast that I would not be surprised if the Grinch had absconded with them in the dead of night, and we basically ate sugary Christmas goodness for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It was very surprising, given the fact that we really needed a winter break. But then I remembered the fact that we still have a lot to unpack and rearrange in our new house. :p

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
I seriously cannot wait for Resident Evil 7 to be released.
On top of that, Outlast 2 is coming out this year as well!
Ahhh, this is gonna be a blastie blast. ♥

Am I the only one that's pissed off about Pokémon Stars being Switch exclusive? I mean, that means I have to go out and buy and insanely expensive console just for one damn game. Why can't they just release it for both 3DS and Switch?
Besides, Switches are way too expensive for me to even consider buying, and the only way I'll possibly get one is in a couple of years when the prices have dropped. Pokémon Stars would have probably already been out for a while by then, which means I would have been spoiled to death, and literally everyone else and their mum would have already played the game. I would be left out.
Ugh, it infuriates so much. I just hope the rumours are false. Please oh please, let the rumours be false.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Am I the only one that's pissed off about Pokémon Stars being Switch exclusive? I mean, that means I have to go out and buy and insanely expensive console just for one damn game. Why can't they just release it for both 3DS and Switch?
Besides, Switches are way too expensive for me to even consider buying, and the only way I'll possibly get one is in a couple of years when the prices have dropped. Pokémon Stars would have probably already been out for a while by then, which means I would have been spoiled to death, and literally everyone else and their mum would have already played the game. I would be left out.
Ugh, it infuriates so much. I just hope the rumours are false. Please oh please, let the rumours be false.
It's a slightly expanded port, according to rumours. You won't miss anything if you skip it :)

I understand where you're coming from and I feel the same to an extent (I prefer fully handheld/portable systems), but with the lag and loading time already present in SM, I just can't see them adding much of anything new without exceeding the limits of the 3DS. Also, you would most likely not be buying it for "only one game" If they do end up moving to the Switch, which I don't doubt because they can't stay on the 3DS forever, there will be more Pokemon games on it than just Stars and you will get your money's worth out of it.

im... so cold and tired but I can't sleep... no.. I can endure this.. my body is made out of blueberries! lol
//yesIactuallyhavethoughtslikethat
That's an interesting thought.
If I thought things like that I would never be bored lol
Have fun having blueberry lovers chase you down. Lucky for you I am not a blueberry lover :D

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
I really wish that I had a poster of Tesla up on my bedroom wall.
Dudes my freakin' hero. Love his work. If I could go back in time, I'd love to work with him.

...And sucker punch Edison.

Psycho Monkey

Fuck you Riolu and fuck your Final Gambit. Fuck your 5% encounter rate and fuck you for calling in god damn Chansey when I decide to get around your Final Gambit with Ghost-types whose only non-Ghost-type moves are Special. Show up quickly, only call for help if it's Lucario, and for fucks sake don't you ever god damn mother fucking use Final Gambit again. Also stop breaking out of my Quick Balls when I try to catch you first turn to avoid all the above hassle.

Well I'm tired for one, and I have an essay to work on but I don't know what to do on it. Plus I saw the most messed up YouTube comment in my entire life, and I have seen A LOT of bad comments but this one was special. Anyway I also can't believe that Trump's Inauguration Day is tomorrow and I am VERY not looking forward to it. :(

Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to my dentist, he is hilarious. Every conversation is a mix of cynical humor and sage advice that leaves me giggling so hard I disrupt whatever he's doing.

"What kind of terrible excuse for a uni student are you? You show up to this appointment looking presentable when you should be drunk or stoned! Get your shit sorted out, I'm very disappointed."

"Look I tutored a bunch of dental students for a while back there, and every single one of them could tell me exactly how much they'd earn once they finished their degree, and that was their only reason for doing it. Bunch of little shits. Don't end up like them, okay? There's enough greedy assholes in the world."

[After I've explained the mark requirements for getting into honors] "I couldn't do that. Not from a lack of intelligence mind you, I'd just be too busy getting drunk to try and do anything more than bare minimum. Ah that stuff is so bad, yet so good."

"Life is a shit sandwich. You're going to eat crap no matter what you do, but the more bread you have the less you'll taste it. You can quote me on that one." (wish granted)

"Why are you wasting your time trying to get educated anyway? You're young and attractive - why haven't you had seven kids with seven different guys already, gotten yourself addicted to ice so that you couldn't hold down that $12k supermarket job and just spend the rest of your days mooching of those guys child support funds while leaving your kids to rot? That's what real living is about."

Gah, why are Wacom Cintiqs so bloody expensive...
I mean, I'm tired of drawing on my Samsung tablet because:
1. I have no pen to use, and I have to constantly use my fingertip, which makes things tedious to draw.
2. Sketchbook Pro is mediocre. I mean, it's okay and all and it has a lot of brushes, but not the right ones I'm after too give my artwork a more professional look. The limited types of erasers is also peeving me off, along with the 18 layer limit. It also makes my drawings blurry when I save them -_-
But there is no way in hell I could go back to using my old Wacom tablet, because I draw much, much better when I'm drawing directly onto a screen, not when I'm drawing on a screenless tablet and having to constantly look up to the computer screen. That's why a lot of my old drawings have wonky lineart,.
The Wacom Cintiq would be perfect for me since not only are they professional, but you also draw directly onto a screen, unlike a regular Wacom tablet. The only problem is that they cost AU $1000+. Some of them are even around the $5000 mark...
Why must it be *cries*

In honor of the newly-released Gen II on Pokemon Go, and while I'm waiting for the server to stabilize, I've decided to reaquaint myself with that wave of Pokemon by playing some good ol' Colosseum! It might give me some more appreaciation for that generation, seeing as I largely missed that one growing up, somehow.

Anywho, I've got to go pay someone a visit. Let the music play!

Someone had a fantastic Saturday night >> Upon wandering around town this morning I have discovered that the fountain in the main street has been filled with detergent, and is now a gigantic mess of bubbles. You don't know how close I came to jumping into the thing right then and there so I could play in it (and if there wasn't a heap of security cameras around the place I most certainly would have). Either way finding that has made me stupidly happy.

IMG_3736.JPG

... Actually I think I have a new life goal now.

Three thought I have had while typing this:

Cucumbers are literally just giant pickles!

Who would be a better President? Donald Trump, or Ronald Hump? *insert Camel picture*

So, my teacher asks me why I failed the test, I ask them why they failed to educate me -_-

The weather has been pretty haphazard over the past few months. Throughout February, our area vacillated between warm, springtime weather and miserable cold mixed with several feet of snow. Sometimes within the same week. @.@

March was mostly snow, with a little sun leading into April, although now it mostly rains and the temperature hovers in the 40-60-degree range.

In short, Groundhog Day is a sham. :@

Black void that is my head
Little person is in the corner of the void in my mind, and then he says,
"What are we even doing here? I mean compared to the universe the earth is just some small spec. A small spec, but then we're even smaller than that spec. I feel like I'm the size of an atom when I know how big the universe. And because the universe is so big, will anything we do really change anything out there? We can't even bring change to the earth, where we live! I don't really get anything."
A long moment of silence
A cat comes wearing a sombrero, with a little mustache, and has some maracas, that starts to dance. And then the little person starts dancing with the cat.

So,I have something to rant on and please excuse my language,but...

BOY,I HATE F*CKING PEOPLE OBSESSED WITH MY FRIENDS!

So,I'm a freshmen and still have friends in eighth grade and he has friends in sixth.And that's totally fine.So,we were playing Xbox and we got into a game of comp on Overwatch.His friend joins the party and asks to join our game.I was fine with it,but he had to wait like twenty minutes.He got mad,but still waited.So,we get out of the game and invite him.He joins and we get in.I pick my main and he yells at me.I didn't care.But,he got angered more.So,my friend promoted him to party leader.I didn't mind it.Then,we started joking around.I said some stupid thing and my friend was like,"Just shut the f*ck up."And his friend laughed and yelled at the top of his lungs,"SHUT THE F*CK UP,FAGGOT!"I get surprised and tell him to calm down and he gets angered more.He eventually kicks me from the party.I didn't care and I continued to play the match and I leave after it ended.

The next day,I get my friend and I get my two other friends.We go to some hill and just start talking.But guess what,loud friend of friend finds up and he was already mad.He started to say some stuff with us,but he had no idea what we were talking about.So,I tell him to shut up and he gets all mad.He gets up and says the exact words,"Go suck your boyfriend's d*ck,you f*ckwad."Now,the hill we were on wasn't very high at all,so the sixth grader pushes me down the hill.I get and just walk away.My friend who's friend gets up and follows me and we haven't seen the sixth grader in our Xbox party since two days ago(The day he got mad on Overwatch).

That feels nice to take off of.

I really should start making plans for summer, I refuse to be a couch potato. But maybe I should still stay focused on the last couple weeks of school? My grade can't lower to anything non-passing at this point so idk man I just really want more free time.

I should hop on tumblr or something sometime tonight, I haven't looked at any of my social media in over a week. When am I gonna start looking for my system partners? I wanna bug Logan rn so bad

Lin Manuel Miranda tweets the silliest things sometimes I swear

I'm pretty sure I just killed my English grade. Thanks to other homework, an entirely different project, and wanting to have free time, I was never able to finish it, and I already have a 60 in the class! I'm just gonna turn in what I have, even if it is, like, already three days late, and see what happens...

If I fail an honors class, do I have to retake it, or can I move on in a lower-level class? If I have to retake it, I swear to lord Arceus up above, I'm gonna cry. :S

Psycho Monkey

As a writer I have discovered two forms of extremes that prevent writing. First there is writer's block which I'm sure you are all familiar with: the lack of motivation, inspiration, or ideas. Today I suffer from the polar opposite. I am overflowing with ideas, so many in fact that I have no bloody damn clue which one to act on first! @_@